Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2019 Class. What do we think?

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year’s inductees: Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks, Def Leppard, The Cure, Roxy Music and the Zombies will all join the class of 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 19, 2018 10:10 AM

What hasn't Chubby Checker been inducted? He has the #1 song in the world.

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2018 2:31 PM

Clay Aiken?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2018 2:38 PM

I think it's great that Roxy Music is finally acknowledged.

Eno should've been in long ago as a solo artist but at least he's finally getting his dues this way.

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 3:19 PM

Janet!!

by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2018 9:38 PM

Janet was finally picked? What was this, her umpteenth try?

by Anonymousreply 5December 17, 2018 9:45 PM

3rd, and it was the charm.

by Anonymousreply 6December 17, 2018 9:47 PM

Fuck def leopard. You CANNOT possible say these hair metal dudes have done more for music than many of the 2nd British wave of music that revived the fucking music industry when it was looking deader than dead in the early 80’s

by Anonymousreply 7December 17, 2018 9:55 PM

Such a bullshit ceremony. Janet Jackson has zero rock in her career, why is this woman there? Meanwhile The Smashing Pumpkins, the kings of alternative rock from the 90s, with albums ranging from psychedelic to hard rock and glam are still absent. Good on Cure, Roxy Music and Radiohead (a once great rock band now wasted on experimental drivel).

by Anonymousreply 8December 17, 2018 10:02 PM

2 older acts who had huge hits back in the day that should have been in LONG ago - Connie Francis and Pat Boone.

by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2018 10:03 PM

R8, I don't know if you've noticed, but R&B and Pop acts have been inducted into the RRHF since its inception. If Madonna and Donna Summer are inducted, then I don't see why Janet Jackson doesn't belong there.

by Anonymousreply 10December 17, 2018 10:05 PM

In what universe are Connie Francis and Pat Boone rock?

by Anonymousreply 11December 17, 2018 10:06 PM

[quote] I don't know if you've noticed, but R&B and Pop acts have been inducted into the RRHF since its inception.

Of course I do, that's why I and anyone who actually loves rock, call it bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 12December 17, 2018 10:07 PM

R11 Don't be stupid. it includes rock, pop, soul, etc. And yes, Connie and Pat should be in there.

by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2018 10:09 PM

Im not being stupid, stupidity is creating a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and including pop, soul, hip hop and R&B as acts, that's why rock lovers hate this shit. Plus, Cleveland.

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2018 10:11 PM

Nipple

by Anonymousreply 15December 17, 2018 10:14 PM

[quote]If Madonna and Donna Summer are inducted

Madonna should have been indicted.

by Anonymousreply 16December 19, 2018 10:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!