Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump now claims Mexico WILL pay for that wall!

Tweets this morning...

[quote]I often stated, “One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the Wall.” This has never changed. Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 1:40 PM

Then he does not need to ask for the 5 billion dollars.

He does not even attempt to sprinkle in some tweets that don't directly involve him anymore. The person who used to do the occasional adult tweets must have been fired. They barely even acknowledged Pearl Harbor and it was in he middle of about twenty other tweets of him ranting.

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2018 12:24 PM

[quote]He does not even attempt to sprinkle in some tweets that don't directly involve him anymore.

Not true, R1!

[quote].@FLOTUS Melania will be interviewed by @SeanHannity tonight on @FoxNews at 9:00pmE!

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2018 12:27 PM

Responding to Cohen...

[quote]I never directed Michael Cohen to break the law. He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law. It is called “advice of counsel,” and a lawyer has great liability if a mistake is made. That is why they get paid. Despite that many campaign finance lawyers have strongly......

[quote]....stated that I did nothing wrong with respect to campaign finance laws, if they even apply, because this was not campaign finance. Cohen was guilty on many charges unrelated to me, but he plead to two campaign charges which were not criminal and of which he probably was not...

To be continued...

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 12:28 PM

If they’re not criminal, then how was he convicted? Of what? When you are convicted of breaking a law, the court documents cite which law it is.

What does Trump think happened in that courtroom?

Judge : “You haven’t broken any laws, but I’m sending you to prison because I don’t like you.”

I guess Trump thinks that’s what happens. In reality, that’s what will happen if we don’t get him out of there before he establishes that as a precedent.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2018 12:47 PM

It's obvious that Trump didn't write the Cohen response - everything is spelled correctly and it's too calm in tone. Bottom line - he did it, and this is just the start of his problems. After the first of the year Mueller is going to drop the hammer involving both Russia and several middle-eastern countries, and SDNY is going to get started on the Trump Org. and the Trump Foundation.

35+ years of committing crimes is finally going to catch up with this guy, and it's not going to be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2018 12:55 PM

Sure Mexico will pay for it. They will in honor of their honored Jared.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2018 12:55 PM

Easiest way to get Mexico to pay for the wall is to tack on a big surcharge on all money transfers between the US & Mexico.

Illegal aliens sent about $87 billion back to Mexico. Tax that shit.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2018 12:56 PM

There was some talk about that a while back, R7. In fact Trump himself talked about it at one time. So why isn’t he mentioning it now?

Is he too senile to remember, or did someone tell him that’s a no go for political reasons?

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2018 1:05 PM

I think at the time, it was said Mexico would retaliate in a way that would cost us a lot of money. Maybe tariffs on products American companies build in Mexican factories, or tariffs on anything shipped out of Mexico. There’s a lot of trade both ways.

I can imagine American auto companies wouldn’t want their cars taxed to the point that nobody would buy them. Maybe they talked him out of it. But with Trump, promises are made to be broken.

In other news, anybody notice CNN has taken to calling Trump “Mr Trump,” not “President Trump”? Noticed it yesterday. For a long time they were just calling him “Trump.”

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2018 1:09 PM

Ping pong game.. Mexico will pay for it... Mexico will not pay for it... now it's back in Mexico's court. The sign of insanity is doing everything the same, over and over, expecting different results. He is too insane or stupid to change strategy and actions. He is not capable of learning. All he knows is how to throw red meat rhetoric to his dumb base, lie, and fuck people over.

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2018 1:33 PM

Let's not be stupid. He's just distracting.

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2018 1:34 PM

Tweets at R3: Fat Nixon needs to understand that if he has to explain, he's losing.

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 1:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!