Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

He doesn't want to date, but he doesn't want me dating anyone else

Ok, DL: I need some insight.

I've known a guy -- let's call him Dan -- for a couple of years now through mutual friends. When I met him, he had a boyfriend, but they broke up soon afterward. We became friends; I found Dan very attractive and I tried to move the friendship to the next level. He was interested for about a minute, but it passed, and we remained friends.

Now I am interested in a new guy, we've been out a few times, and Dan is visibly jealous. It's weird. He gets all bitchy and threatened if I discuss the new guy with him.

What gives? He doesn't want to date me, so why does he care if I date someone else?

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 12:59 PM

He’s psycho, duh.

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2018 12:00 PM

Dan has a bad case of "8th Grade-itis."

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2018 12:02 PM

Just fuckin' ask him.

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 12:02 PM

It sounds like you still have feelings for Dan. Maybe he has them for you, too. Find out where he is before you braking it off with your new guy who's in the middle of your petty antics. Not fair to him. He should dump you.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2018 12:05 PM

*before you go breaking

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2018 12:10 PM

Dan wants you to be available to him in case someone better doesn't come along for him. I've been 'Danned' before.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2018 12:11 PM

R6 is right.

Everyone is right so far, really.

Move the fuck on, already.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2018 12:19 PM

listen to r6, D is an emotionally manipulative bitch. When people show you who they are..... You know the rest. How to proceed will determine your self worth and self respect.

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2018 12:27 PM

I never new Tiger Beat Magazine had an on-line Q&A forum.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2018 12:30 PM

[quote]I never new Tiger Beat Magazine had an on-line Q&A forum.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2018 12:31 PM

Thank you r6 / r8

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2018 12:32 PM

[quote]What gives? He doesn't want to date me, so why does he care if I date someone else?

What gives is the guy is emotionally unstable and probably very manipulative and may have a variety of personality disorders that will make you insane in if you try and engage with them.

If he isn't secretly in love with you, he is openly cray

ASK HIM WHAT THE FUCK BUSINESS IS IT OF HIS WHO YOU DATE?

If you get a weird answer, move on. limit contact

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 12:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!