Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Migrant groups demand reparations. $50,000 each.

Two groups of Central American migrants made separate marches on the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana Tuesday, demanding that they be processed through the asylum system more quickly and in greater numbers, that deportations be halted and that President Trump either let them into the country or pay them $50,000 each to go home.

On the one-month anniversary of their arrival into Tijuana, caravan members are pressing the United States to take action but they are dwindling in numbers since more than 6,000 first arrived to the city’s shelters.

Approximately 700 have voluntarily returned to their country of origin, 300 have been deported, and 2,500 have applied for humanitarian visas in Mexico, according to Xochtil Castillo, a caravan member who met with Mexican officials Tuesday. The group of unaccounted migrants, about 3,500 are presumed to have either crossed illegally into the United States, moved to other Mexican border cities, or simply fallen through the cracks.

The first group demanding action, numbering about 100, arrived at the U.S. Consulate at about 11 am Tuesday. The migrants said they were asking that the Trump Administration pay them $50,000 each or allow them into the U.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 10:58 PM

[quote] Two groups of Central American migrants made separate marches on the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana

Nice symmetry. One group for Nancy Pelosi, one group for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2018 4:35 AM

They are grifters, plain and simple. Ship them back!

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2018 4:40 AM

So 100 people ask for something that they almost certainly won’t get. When do I set my hair on fire?

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 4:40 AM

[quote]either let them into the country or pay them $50,000 each to go home.

And there we have it. They're not migrants. They're not invaders. They're extortionists and shakedown artists, exploiting their own children in their scam.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2018 4:41 AM

Who are “they,” R4? The 100 people at the US consulate in Tijuana? Jesus Christ. Tranquilate.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2018 4:44 AM

R5 answers her own silly question.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2018 4:47 AM

You’re incredibly stupid, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2018 4:48 AM

Well, you know what they say...

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2018 4:50 AM

Don't get me started on these parasites. Someone tried to shame me here on my personal thread for calling these good-for-nothings out. Backfired, of course.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2018 4:52 AM

You're incredibly juvenile R7. No surprise.

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2018 4:54 AM

They're trespassers

And trespassers may be shot

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2018 5:46 AM

The trespassed in Tijuana, R11? Are you posting from Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 10:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!