Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

❤️❤️🤒Really hate to ask but really struggling right now,

can’t find much food at pantries I can digest, mindful, sensitive and intuitive soul, fighting Lyme disease and other chronic disease and looking for work but struggling to have enough money for food till I am working, really sick, fighting serious insomnia and insulin resistance issues, at the moment and wondering if anyone can help me get the supplements I need or help with any organic vegetables or help pay for food, or any leads to good acupuncturists or naturopaths who might do a trade, or a brief period of free emergency sessions, thanks!! Or, any leads to good jobs

by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2018 12:29 PM

just go to any starbucks and beg. They will feed you. They have given food to the homeless who asks.

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2018 1:10 AM

[quote] .... fighting Lyme disease

That's where you lost me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2018 1:14 AM

I am a mindful, intuitive empath healing from chronic Lyme, thyroid issues and other illnesses. I get really ill when I don’t keep up with eating, on a clean diet, eating animal protein, vegetables mostly raw or steamed (organic whenever possible) and disabled. I have to be very careful with what I eat due to my immune system issues and use the food pantries if I am able but been very limited in what I can eat there.... I am needing help to pay for food costs and my basic supplements soo I can heal...really grateful for any help, any amount helps!!

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 1:16 AM

Just a little advice OP. Use commas and shorter sentences. Make sure to capitalise the first letter of a new sentence. Don't ask for $. A lot of people are struggling right now. Read the room. You come across as an EST or a con-artist. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2018 1:27 AM

Lol. Take some cyanide, then sleep forever babe.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2018 1:30 AM

OP, how are we supposed to get $ to you?

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2018 1:32 AM

Get some cyanide to her. Quick.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2018 1:38 AM

Let me see your cock and balls first.

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2018 1:40 AM

[quote] I have to be very careful with what I eat due to my immune system issues and use the food pantries if I am able but been very limited in what I can eat there...

What does this mean? If you have immune system issues organic food can be risky because it could have more microbes/parasites than food raised with pesticides.

What limits are there on what you can consume from food pantries? They want to help you and feed you.

Please help me understand.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2018 1:42 AM

Instead of concentrating on everything that is wrong with you, concentrate on the good things, the blessings in your life. And learn now to Meditate.

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2018 1:44 AM

[quote]mindful, sensitive and intuitive soul

Clearly you are, dear. Some mindful, intuitive souls are simply too sensitive for the world, so your best solution may be to find eternal peace. Ask around for some fentanyl and use it instead of your insulin shots. Suicide is painless...

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2018 1:47 AM

R10 I'm not OP but I want to learn how to meditate...how do I know I'm doing it right? Can you recommend a good beginner book or video?

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 1:47 AM

OP, you type unfit-fat.

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2018 1:49 AM

[quote]acupuncturists or naturopath

Neither of those psuedo-medical treatments will do a thing for your alleged illnesses.

by Anonymousreply 14December 13, 2018 1:50 AM

[quote]eating animal protein, vegetables mostly raw or steamed (organic whenever possible)

I don't follow. Animal protein means meat, yes? And it has to be cooked? How does this jibe with a raw veggie diet?

[quote]I have to be very careful with what I eat due to my immune system issues

Such as? I mean, OBVIOUSLY gluten, but what else throws your immune system into disarray? Also, is your skin so tender to the touch?

by Anonymousreply 15December 13, 2018 1:51 AM

OP you are awesome. I keep seeing these begging ads on Craigslist. Please insist on eating clean.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2018 1:52 AM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2018 1:58 AM

I see what you did there, OP

by Anonymousreply 18December 13, 2018 2:08 AM

-10/10

by Anonymousreply 19December 13, 2018 2:38 AM

Can you believe some shitheads are F&Fing this little bit of DL silliness?

So many cunts.

by Anonymousreply 20December 13, 2018 2:42 AM

Are they really r20? Because someone’s joking around? Bloody hell.

by Anonymousreply 21December 13, 2018 7:50 AM

R2 say what you will about fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and whatnot, but Lyme disease is a real illness (or "real-real," as Whoopi would say). A coworker's daughter will have to start college in a wheelchair because of Lyme.

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2018 7:58 AM

It struck me as a joke except for the insomnia and insulin resistance thing, because those two conditions are actually related.

Anyway, we should email them some organic protein powder.

by Anonymousreply 23December 13, 2018 7:59 AM

And once OP gives us his credit card details r23 we can also deposit a whole heap of cash in there. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 24December 13, 2018 8:43 AM

And are you tender to the touch, dear?

by Anonymousreply 25December 13, 2018 9:34 AM

Contact this fellow, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 13, 2018 9:39 AM

R10 There are tons of guided meditations you can start with on YouTube. Click on one with a lot of views. There are also apps you can download. Currently I’m using one called Insight Timer and I like that. There’s a social media component to it, but I just ignore that.

If you do want to really read about it, there’s a book by John Kabat Zinn called Full Catastrophe Living that’s good, but old. (Published in 1991.) He is one of the main people responsible for bringing meditation to the US. He dealt with people suffering from chronic pain at a hospital. After nothing else seemed to help these people, the hospital finally said, ‘What the heck,’ and agreed to let him teach them how to meditate as a way to learn to deal with their pain as a last resort. He ended up getting great results and I hope you do too!

There’s so many ways to meditate, especially when you are starting out. Just find something that works for you and do the work!

by Anonymousreply 27December 13, 2018 10:58 AM

Great advice, R27. You've changed my life - & hopefully OP's as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2018 11:20 AM

Whether or not this is a troll, there are many people especially this time of year that don't have enough to eat. I have found that Reddit has subreddits for food pantries and financial help for people deemed to be in need. Maybe search for something in your area to help. Also, Jewish Family Services sometimes helps people of any religion, without preaching. There are usually local groups that would help, but they don't advertise that they do so so much. If you have Facebook or any friends nearby ask if they know anybody. I have a friend in Nevada who's very ill and poor and I connected him with the Nextdoor app, and he found a bunch of resources just by posting a need to find a food pantry. He even had somebody offer to drive him there to fill out paperwork. You just need to ask sometimes. If you lived around me, and I knew you were in trouble, I would help. It's just very hard to find out who needs help unless they are begging on a street corner around here.

by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2018 11:51 AM

Full Catastrophe Living is great, good recommendation R27...

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2018 12:05 PM

My Nextdoor notifications include a number of posts like the OP. I live in a very poor neighborhood.

What makes me cynical is that so many of the situations arise from truly terrible decisions that seem to be set on repeat.

What makes me hopeful is the neighbors who are aware of existing community resources. Usually the posts are answered with referrals to said resources rather than the cash that’s been requested.

by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2018 12:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!