Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Caravan migrants: Let us in, or give us $50,000 to go home.

Wow.

Umm... I need money, too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 13, 2018 6:38 PM

It appears Mexico is the first to crack. This monumental, but also it might be good for Latin America in the long run.

[quote]Mexico to pump $30 billion into Central America to halt migrant flow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2018 9:23 PM

OP types deplorably.

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2018 9:24 PM

Fuck off with your troll threads deplorable. FF and blocked

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2018 9:25 PM

From the article:

[quote]Mexican Foreign Ministry said in a tweet Monday that Mexico "will change its migration policies to respond to the needs required in the south of our country and Central America."

Well about time Mexico stepped in.

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2018 9:26 PM

Look out, R4, you're about to be called a deplorable but not a Russian troll so I guess that's something.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2018 9:28 PM

Don't they come from Honduras?

Didn't the US turn Honduras into the murder capital of the world when it (yes, under Obama and Hillary) supported a military coup there?

Yeah, so I'd say they're right. The US owes them.

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2018 9:32 PM

Talk to yourself as much as you want troll. It just makes you pathetic in addition to being an idiot

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2018 9:32 PM

I am not OP R5, who did type trollish imo, I was just expanding on what I thought was ignored by OP.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2018 9:33 PM

I'm not a troll. Be honest: $50,000 is a lot of money, and a demand like theirs is worthy of a "wow." I've never heard of anything like that before.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2018 9:39 PM

I was listening to a interview with a citizen in Honduras and she said one day eggs are 50 cents a dozen and the next day they are 15 dollars a dozen. Coffee the same way. You never know what the cost of anything will be in the stores and the only thing that's consistently cheap is gas. But there's no real reason to drive anywhere. And the very rich live in gated communities and send their servants out to get stuff for them because they are afraid they will be kidnapped and held for ransom.

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2018 9:40 PM

A Newsweek article is "deplorable" now? This site is a joke; it's like Animal Farm now, "Trump is for, bad! Trump is against, good!" Can't we hate the guy while also having reasonable views about topics that aren't perfectly out of sync with his?

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2018 10:04 PM

[quote] Mexico to pump $30 billion into Central America to halt migrant flow

Mexico paying for the wall, roundabout ?

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 1:25 AM

R5 here. I'm a longtime reader and sometime poster, not a troll. OP posted what many are thinking and was immediately pissed on. Why?

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2018 4:51 AM

Does this work too from the Canadian border?

by Anonymousreply 14December 13, 2018 5:23 AM

[quote]I've never heard of anything like that before.

For years, Western European countries have been offering generous financial bribes . . . sorry. . . incentives to invaders to go back from whence they came. These invaders simply took the process one step further.

by Anonymousreply 15December 13, 2018 5:33 AM

[quote]$50,000 is a lot of money,

When you’re a homeless, asylum -seeking migrant, maybe. For the rest of us it’s less than six months’ earnings and it doesn’t go far at all.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2018 5:34 AM

R16 They are not homeless. Most have paid thousands of dollars to traffickers. They're simply looking to recoup their expenses.

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2018 5:50 AM

[quote]When you’re a homeless, asylum -seeking migrant, maybe. For the rest of us it’s less than six months’ earnings and it doesn’t go far at all.

R16 >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 13, 2018 7:34 AM

Most people don't make over $100,000 a year, buddy.

by Anonymousreply 19December 13, 2018 7:39 AM

Who's that twerp at R18?

by Anonymousreply 20December 13, 2018 7:56 AM

Ya OP judging by this thread already being greyed out, no one is buying your act. I keep telling you deplorable you really aren't even half as smart or subtle as you seem to think yourselves

by Anonymousreply 21December 13, 2018 12:47 PM

Fire when ready

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2018 12:56 PM

Send in Karen Walker

by Anonymousreply 23December 13, 2018 1:58 PM

r21 = LSA

by Anonymousreply 24December 13, 2018 6:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!