Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mika just called Pompeo a "butt boy" (12/12/18 8:45am EST)

It that offensive to gays?

by Anonymousreply 28December 14, 2018 4:50 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2018 12:49 PM

Boy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2018 12:56 PM

No. It's like asslicker in this context.

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2018 1:10 PM

Not if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2018 1:26 PM

I think this may be a case of a straight lady not knowing what that slang term means. Probably thinks "asslicker," like r3 said.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2018 1:27 PM

This woman is like 60. She knows very well what that term means. The term is not something Millennials invented and the oldies don't comprehend. It actually used to be a more popular as an anti-gay slur among people her generation.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2018 7:13 PM

Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2018 7:16 PM

Old fashioned homophobia occasionally slides out of loose cunts like Mika.

Oops ... Is "cunt" misogynistic? I apologise and promise to "do better."

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2018 7:19 PM

I love the idea of Mike Pompeo, Evangelical Christian, offering his butthole to Trump & Co.

She should have added "obsequious."

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2018 7:32 PM

But they’re on our team so they get a pass. It’s only deplorable apparently if they’re Republican. Stupid and full of shit? That’s fine.

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2018 7:33 PM

Mika used the term corrrectly. Good for her

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2018 8:47 PM

She didn't say Pompeo spread it for Trump. She used it like he was a lackey, though in more colorful terms. She didn't call him a "f"-word.

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 8:49 PM

Sorry, I forgot to sign r10.

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2018 11:56 PM

Weird. I’ve never thought of butt boy as an anti-gay slur. It was related to butt hurt, in my mind. Both were just general, diminutives. I started hearing them both around the same time. Sort of like a sassy millennial’s update to ass kisser (butt boy) and pussy (butt hurt).

by Anonymousreply 14December 14, 2018 12:04 AM

Liberals are full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 15December 14, 2018 12:15 AM

Has she been asked to apologize yet?

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2018 12:21 AM

As far as the Trump crime syndicate goes, Mika can call any of them any derogatory term she wants to. Though, butt boy does seem to be the most accurate description for most.

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2018 12:26 AM

I am not offended and I wouldn't be offended if someone on FOX said it either, well other than I just find everything on FOX offensive. It was more of a slam on Pompeo, sort of questioning his manhood, than a slam on gays. I liken it to if Pompeo had been called a cuckhold, that is an insult to Pompeo not to cuckholds.

by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2018 1:26 AM

"Butt boy" was definitely a gay slur in the 80s. It seems to have been making a comeback recently; I know Mika isn't the first one to use the phrase in the media. I'm pretty sure someone used it in an op-ed a few months ago, if I recall.

I think more and more of these bigoted sorts of comments are going to be coming out in the media, because we are in a weird situation where we have a lot of conservative people, basically Republicans, like Mika and Joe, who are being treated like a liberal pundits. When they speak, they're going to start letting their inner Republican bigot slip out, and the bigoted stuff they say gets normalized with a whole bunch of "was this really a slur? nah, probably not" comments.

Which I'm guilty of too, but the more I think about it, the more I think that she is way old enough to know that this was a slur.

by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2018 2:17 AM

She apologized:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2018 12:33 PM

R11 be bad?

by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2018 12:37 PM

R9 You mean he works tirelessly ALL DAY feeding, clothing and sheltering the poor 😇, or the other, far more popular type?

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2018 12:46 PM

Butt boy, ass bandit, all appropriate. Gays only have their butts to offer after all. Otherwise they got nothing.

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2018 12:54 PM

Maybe she just meant he has a nice butt.

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2018 1:06 PM

I love how OP posts the exact time and date. MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2018 1:08 PM

Of course 'butt boy' and 'butt buddies' are homophobic slurs. The gay men here- or the women/bisexuals/straights on this thread impersonating them-defending the use of these slurs speak only for themselves when they broadcast their self-hatred and internalized homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2018 1:28 PM

Megyn Kelly got fired for much less. I can't believe she isn't getting a suspension at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 27December 14, 2018 4:44 PM

[quote] It that offensive to gays?

Yes, but I don't give a shit. I've been Joe's "fake liberal" butt girl my entire career.

by Anonymousreply 28December 14, 2018 4:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!