Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Golden Girls Clue - Perfect gift for Dataloungers.

Even though the game is about "Who ate the cheesecake?" one reviewer claimed they always ended up looking for the murderer.

Check out the game board.

Ho Ho Ho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2018 6:26 PM

^ I can't take the layout of the house seriously on that game board.

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2018 9:01 PM

I was gifted this last year. My husband and a couple of our gay pals played it a couple times at a game night get together - good for a few laughs but ultimately it's just Clue, essentially a kid's game.

We also mentioned something weird -- look at the front of the game box at the link. They reproductions of Bea, Rue and Betty are all very faithful and look just like them; however, the reproduction of Estelle looks nothing like her, in a way that seems intentional. Does this mean they somehow got image rights from the first three (or their estates) but not from Estelle's estate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2018 9:07 PM

I thought Blanche and Roses's bedrooms were off the same hallway?

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2018 9:12 PM

The GG house is something like this floorplan here. But even here something looks off

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2018 9:15 PM

I saw a commercial today for these -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2018 9:26 PM

$40.00 !

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2018 9:57 PM

The Golden Girls Monopoly is better.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2018 10:13 PM

Blanche's bedroom is not off the kitchen! wtf that ruins it for me right there.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2018 10:16 PM

You're right, R2. Estelle's look was very different in the early episodes but she looks like Mrs. Doubtfire washed in warm water on the game box.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2018 10:25 PM

[quote] ^ I can't take the layout of the house seriously on that game board.

Why can you not take it?

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2018 10:30 PM

Is there a Posey McGlynn character?

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2018 10:45 PM

You can add yourself as a character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2018 10:47 PM

Weapons?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2018 10:48 PM

I'd be Frida Claxton. Love that mean old broad.

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2018 11:24 PM

Ugh, one thing that bugs me in R12's photo is that use images from different seasons. Dorothy is obviously season 5 and Sophia is season 1. They do that with tv show DVDs all the time.

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2018 1:54 AM

Looking at the layout at R4, can someone answer:

1. Is that Blanche's room (with the private bath and walk in closet) at the top?

2. Who belongs to each of the other 3 bedrooms at the bottom and far right?

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2018 3:32 AM

Does the game offer any options to buy a library or a phone booth?

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2018 4:05 AM

R17: That sounds like the stupidest game!! I could just....play all night.

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2018 4:08 AM

"This is the house of "The Golden Girls" in Miami.

Probably the more complex floorplan that i have done. I placed Blanche's bedroom is to te left of the living room (as appears in the pìlot episode) and I made some changes in Rose's bedroom to fit the rest of the rooms.

As you can see in the last photo in the latest version I added a secondary entrance behind the kitchen to solve some controversies about the access to the kitchen."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2018 4:37 AM

^ Someone already posted that upthread, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2018 5:11 AM

The Golden Girls house is physically impossible to reconcile because the set are simply wrong.

by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2018 7:01 AM

No plan can ever be 100% accurate but I like this approximation of the floorplan better. With a sacrifice of logic for enjoyments sake the kitchen now has its back door in a way that reflects more like how it's exhibited on the show. The 4 bedrooms match up with the set position better, and the small partially seen area adjacent to the Girl's lanai is now a study.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2018 8:00 AM

Floorplan #2 would match up even better if Rose's(?) bathroom was tucked further away into the mass of the house. Also the first floor plan has included the strange protrusion counter area where the kitchen bench ends suddenly at which Sophia sometimes would cook.

by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2018 10:36 PM

How many bathrooms in that house?

Who has a private bath?

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2018 11:05 PM

Blanche has her own bathroom, the rest of the girls share one.

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2018 11:35 PM

I'm thinking about buying this or the Monopoly for my friend for Christmas. Is it worth it?

by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2018 11:42 PM

The rose may have aids episode suggests Dorothy and Sophia have their own bathrooms

by Anonymousreply 27December 13, 2018 2:15 PM

r26 buy them both

by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2018 2:38 PM

r27

How so? I don't recall. I do recall when Morothy and Rose try to put in a toilet, they and Sophia have to use Blanche's bathroom 'cause there's nowhere else. But a lot of their facts never jive.

by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2018 2:39 PM

R29:

Dorothy asks Sophia why she was using ‘her’ bathroom, and Sophia says it’s because Rose had used ‘hers’

But that she was getting better because she had been using the one at the shell station previously.

You are correct about the bathroom remodel which suggests Dorothy and rose used the same bathroom and that this show scoffed at continuity in the writing...

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2018 6:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!