Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Justin Trudeau Polling Thread For 2019 Election

Decided to create just one thread so I can post the latest polls and discuss Trudeau chances in 2019. Some living in Canada and even outside of Canada may think a second term is a slam dunk. But I'm not so sure. Being born in Canada I have never, ever seen this much hatred and vile detestation towards a politician. It is totally unreal.

Conservatives just DESPISE him and are doing everything they can to throw as much mud at Trudeau as possible. Trotting out multiple talking heads on news shows and talk radio to bash Trudeau. Sending out MILLIONS of memes, producing video after video after video on YouTube all vilifying Trudeau.

Third party groups are also in the mix, making videos, memes, tweets, Facebook postings. Taking a page directly out of the Trump playbook against Hillary.

They're throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him.

The fact of the matter is, it BURNS Conservatives and drives them up the wall with the International attention he is getting. Conservatives think it is terrific for a Prime Minister to be the center of so much worldwide attention - as long as it was a Conservative PM getting that attention. But because it is Trudeau, they can't stand it and just makes them crazy.

Sometimes I think it might be easier for the country to be under Conservative management once again. Because I have never seen this much hate by Canadians for a sitting PM like Trudeau. Even under Harper it wasn't so bad. But Conservatives are not going to stop. They are going escalate and go higher and higher and higher with their attacks and outright lies and fake news until Trudeau is out of office, and they are in charge once again in Canada.

I'm losing all faith in Canada that Canadians would be fooled by all these lies and fake news.

Anyways thanks for reading and will be posting polls and discussing his chances here in this thread.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 22804/15/2019

After fighting to get the Ontario Liberals decimated in the provincial election last week, an online group that has mastered modern messaging is turning its fire power on Justin Trudeau.

“We were pivotal,” Ontario Proud founder Jeff Ballingall said about his group’s role in ousting the Ontario Liberals after 15 years in government.

Ontario Proud’s Facebook presence is unrivalled by the political parties and other third party groups registered with Elections Ontario.

Up and running for less than three years, the third party has a bigger following on Facebook than all of the provincial parties and leaders combined. That translated to more engagement online than any other group during the writ period from May 9 to June 7, Ballingall said.

In that time he said Ontario Proud clocked in 63.6 million Facebook impressions and people watched 3.7 million minutes of Ontario Proud videos.

Pushing what he calls an “aggressively centre-right moderate” perspective, Ballingall said. The memes and videos focus on affordability issues and responsible and accountable government. They also include unflattering pictures of Wynne and other politicians and sometimes veer into the personal attacks that political parties usually won’t risk.

Digital strategist at Hill and Knowlton Lindsay Finneran-Gingras crunched the numbers throughout the election and said the group’s role in promoting a Conservative message isn’t overstated.

“Ontario Proud dominated every single social and digital channel and conversation during the election and, looking at the data, also before the election,” she said.

The group has already taken aim at Trudeau on issues like changes to small business taxes and his controversial India trip. But since Doug Ford’s dramatic election win last week much more of Ontario Proud’s posts on social media have been directed at Trudeau.

Over the weekend, it posted a photo on its Instagram page that read “Wynne down, Trudeau to go.”

Ballingall’s message to the federal Liberals: “Watch out.”

“Social media is allowing people to fight back, we’re able to tap into growing resentment about affordability issues, about government waste, about corruption and scandal,” he said. “There’s no longer a monopoly on the political discourse, we’re able to reach people and mobilize them.”

So far Ontario Proud has used its platform to a powerful effect. For example, Finneran-Gingras said while it didn’t create Wynne’s low popularity ratings, Ontario Proud helped them sink lower.

Their posts called Wynne politically corrupt, focused on her low polling numbers and directly tied her to controversies like cutting power in the dead of winter.

In the lead up to next year’s federal election Ballingall said he’ll put “a heavy focus” on the Trudeau government.

“We want to defeat them,” he said. Adding that his goal is a government that will “lower taxes, that will make life more affordable for Canadians.”

Ballingall said donations from more than 1,300 people allowed the group to spend to the $100,000 limit for third party advertising during the Ontario election and spend more than $300,000 in the lead up. Other donations were used to mobilize their followers. As part of its get out the vote campaign, Ballingall said Ontario Proud sent over a million text messages and made over 2.5 million phone calls.

Unlike political parties, who are more restricted in what they can post to their pages, Ontario Proud has been able to grow its following with a-political posts and by testing the boundaries of personal attacks. Another luxury the group has is that it doesn’t have to play by the same rules when it comes to personal attacks.

Calling Kathleen Wynne “phony,” “heartless” and a “scumbag” and depicting her as the Grinch or a zombie (via the Toronto Sun) are all fair game according to Ballingall.

“I don’t think we go too, too far,” he said. “We use a mix of different content to get our message across.”

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 112/11/2018

The Prime Minister’s approval rating has subsequently continued to decline in 2018. This quarter marks the first time since his victory in the 2015 election that a majority of Canadians (56%) disapprove of Trudeau’s performance as Prime Minister.

Perhaps particularly troubling for Trudeau is the ratio of strong opinions of his performance. Canadians strongly disapprove of him by a ratio of four-to-one over those who strongly approve:

If an election were held tomorrow, four-in-ten Canadians (40%) say they would vote for a Conservative candidate in their riding. This represents a double-digit gap over those who say the same of the governing Liberal party (30%).

For the fourth consecutive quarter the number of Canadians saying it is ‘time for a change in government’ has risen. The percentage of respondents holding that view is now up to 51 per cent

Conservative party leader Andrew Scheer is seen as the leader best suited to steward the economy. This, as government spending and the deficit have emerged as the top issues of importance in the country

Ontario continues to be a driver of vote intention shifts in favour of the Conservatives. That party now holds a 12-point advantage in the region, thanks to a seven-point shift in their favour this quarter.

As Canadians sour on Trudeau, their opinion of Conservative leader Andrew Scheer has begun to improve.

Though the number of Canadians who have yet to form an opinion of Scheer continues to be substantial (28%), the percentage who approve of the opposition leader has risen since last quarter, while the percentage who disapprove of him has declined:

Given this, it’s perhaps not surprising that Scheer is the federal leader Canadians are most likely to describe as “best suited” to deal with the economy. The Conservative leader bests Trudeau on health care, crime and dealing with the provinces as well, while the Prime Minister holds a narrow advantage on the foreign affairs file.

Notably, roughly four-in-ten Canadians (39%) say they are unsure who would make the best Prime Minister. This suggests that – though dissatisfaction with Trudeau and the Liberals has created an opening for Scheer and the Conservatives – the opposition leader still has some work to do to convince Canadians he is the right man to head their federal government.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 212/11/2018

These Conservative politicians are READY to roll up their sleeves are get rid of Trudeau in 2019

They call themselves "The Resistence"

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 312/11/2018

This weeks poll from Nanos

Liberal - 38%

Conservative - 34%

NDP - 15%

Green - 7%

People's Party - 2%

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 401/15/2019

I’m a lifetime New Democrat. Sadly, I’ll be voting Trudeau this time. Singh is abysmal and this whole Ontario Proud, Yellow Vest nonsense must be stopped.

I expect Trudeau will win on that. Decimated NDP vote, that is.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 501/15/2019

Peoplekind will vote for him.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 601/15/2019

Peopldkind hate him because he's just a pretty boy with no real brains.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 701/15/2019

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has broken a signature campaign promise by abandoning electoral reform, sparking condemnation from his political opponents.

And no legitimate explanation why.

Guess all promises go out the window when he gets a majority...

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 801/15/2019

[quote] I’m a lifetime New Democrat. Sadly, I’ll be voting Trudeau this time.

Jagmeet Singh says you need to vote FOR SOMETHING and not AGAINST SOMETHING

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 901/15/2019

R3 I'm a Canadian and Macleans is the most shitty, conservative magazine in the entire country - it's put together by losers and every single person on the cover is a conservative loser as well, including our redneck Premiere Doug Ford, a slightly upgraded version of Donald trump.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 1001/15/2019

R9 He's full of mumbo jumbo crap and he certainly won't be getting my vote. He's an albatross to the NDP.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 1101/15/2019

Hopefully Justin can go back to bouncing full time after his loss.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 1201/15/2019

Trudy is vermin. Worse than his piece of shit father, and that is *really* saying something. How any gay man can support him is beyond me, but then again, gays do tend to revel in abject fakery and hypocrisy. He will get anothet term, and Canada will slip that much further down the toilet. Not that any of the other parties are any better or really any different at all. Canada deserves Dope and every stupid thing he does to us.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 1301/15/2019

wouldn't be surprised if Putin is behind this.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 1401/15/2019

Something I don't understand about parliamentary systems: does the actual candidate in each district matter specifically, or do most voters just vote for the party not caring about the actual person they're sending to Parliament?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 1501/15/2019

r15 Nobody pays enough attention to differentiate in the first place, these are Canadians, they vote their feelings, not rationally in any way, which is why the Libs will get another term.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 1601/15/2019

[quote] Something I don't understand about parliamentary systems: does the actual candidate in each district matter specifically, or do most voters just vote for the party not caring about the actual person they're sending to Parliament?

usually they are voting for the party, but you have "swing voters" who don't align with any party. Sometimes they vote for the person, but most times they vote for the party, There is a 10% of the electoral base that are called "persuadables" that can move to any party, but they need to be persuaded.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 1701/15/2019

Mary! Someone think of the gays and save Justin Trudeau !!!

Canadians are so sketchy. I can't fully trust them.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 1801/15/2019

R18 - Concerned Gay in SoCal are you a Trudeau fan?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 1901/15/2019

If he volunteered to work shirtless, would that help his standing.

I mean outside of the gay community

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 2001/15/2019

If Canadians don't want him. He can become our new mayor !!!

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 2101/15/2019

I like Trudeau. He hasn't been perfect but he is more hit than miss for me.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 2201/15/2019

Why do you want Trudeau? You have UN globalists making the laws now.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 2301/15/2019

R22 Perfect! And that's why he'll win.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 2401/15/2019

Who could possibly find Andrew Scheer worth voting for?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 2501/15/2019

lol, lol, lol.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 2601/19/2019

Latest Nanos Polling

Liberals 37

Conservatives 36

NDP 14

Green 7

People’s 2

And the downfall for Trudeau continues....

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 2701/22/2019

btw for people who say "well Trudeau has personal approval ratings than Scheer" - Jack Layton always had higher numbers in approval than Stephen Harper, but it was Harper that always won the election not Jack Layton.

So someone might like someone, but that doesn't mean they are going to vote for their party,.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 2801/22/2019

Still time to present hole, Justin!

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 2901/22/2019

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 3001/22/2019

Conservatives launch a new attack ad which is going viral and gaining traction. Which is only driving Trudeau poll numbers down further

And the downfall continues ....

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 3101/24/2019

I hope he wins because he represents peoplekind.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 3201/24/2019

R3- That cover is hilarious. A bunch of fat, old, white guys. They look like they belong in Trump's administration.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 3301/24/2019

Meanwhile Conservatives have broken their 2018 election donation total - raising 24 million, more than any other party.

Just shows how motivated people are in Canada to get rid of Justin Trudeau

And the downfall continues .....

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 3401/24/2019

I hope Justin sets up an onlyfans account once he's out of office!

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 3501/24/2019

I don't see how the Libs are going to win this year. I've given up hope.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 3601/24/2019

The whole premise of this thread is just pathetic. The OP and every post of his here is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Downfall, denial, blah blah blah. You're boring OP. You always were. Just masturbate with your Andrew Scheer buttplug in your ass and leave us all alone.

R36: You were never voting Liberal in the first place so shove it.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 3701/24/2019

Not true, R37. I've only ever voted Liberal or NDP my entire life.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 3801/24/2019

R37 is the regular poster who is 100% in denial about Deplorables in Canada - I mean he thought Clinton was going to win in a landslide!

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 3901/24/2019

I thought it was several posters who were "in denial"? Not just one?

Funny how the story changes.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 4001/24/2019

It's not just the deplorables, R39....Andrew Scheer's memes and constant attacks are working on others as well.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 4101/24/2019

R40 - R37 is very repetitive

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 4201/24/2019

Well, R42, I guess people who are aware of what's going on will be here to say I told you so to all these people in denial. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 4301/24/2019

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 4401/24/2019

R44 you said it

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 4501/24/2019

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 4601/24/2019

Yes Canada will be so much better off with it’s very own Donald Trump, look how well it’s going in the US. And hopefully someone as handsome as Donnie too. MCGA.! ( pronounced muck gah).

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 4701/24/2019

[quote] Yes Canada will be so much better off with it’s very own Donald Trump, look how well it’s going in the US. And hopefully someone as handsome as Donnie too. MCGA.! ( pronounced muck gah).

The problem is that the Conservatives has a war chest to spread fake news and lies about Trudeau all over social media, and that is what is driving down his poll numbers.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 4801/24/2019

Exactly, R48, and what's happening is the old school "red Tory" voters will vote Conservative this time around. They voted Lib last time because they were tired of Harper. Those people are older fiscal conservative types, and they don't like Trudeau either. Plus, now you've got the deplorable yellow-vest crowd, many of whom didn't vote in the last election to contend with this time. Some of those will vote for Max (if he has a candidate in their riding), but they'll largely vote conservative.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 4901/24/2019

Exactly R49 - Trudeau won Red Tories and Blue Liberals voted for him just to get Harper out. It is doubtful he will get those voters back, and it is frustrating that some people here (like the persistent poster who continues to be in denial) refuse to acknowledge the fact that Trudeau is in real danger of losing. Day after day his poll numbers continue to fall.

The Conservatives breaking their record with a huge fundraising total of 24 Million is historic, as it shows the determination of Canada to get rid of Trudeau

You guys better WAKE UP as a PM Andrew Scheer is a reality in 2019

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 5001/24/2019

How do you feel about PM Scheer, then?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 5101/24/2019

[quote] How do you feel about PM Scheer, then?

It scares and depresses me - if Trudeau loses, it will be because of the fake news and lies Conservatives have spread on Social media. I have never seen this much hatred to a politician , like Trudeau - NEVER

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 5201/24/2019

He's not going to get them back, R50. I know several and they don't like Trudeau. They don't like Scheer, but they really don't like Justin.

Terrible, R51. I don't want him as our PM, but it's looking like that may happen.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 5301/24/2019

I think Scheer would be down with putting Trump's face on Canadian bills.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 5401/24/2019

I think the only thing that could save Trudeau is the women's vote and Millennials - If he can get them to the polls he could win.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 5501/24/2019

R47 Scheer may be a fat tub of shit, but that's where the similarity to Trump ends. I'm not even really sure what positions the CPC have under Scheer. They'll have a different approach to climate change, and maybe slightly lower immigration numbers (but still extremely high like under Harper). Beyond that, it will be much of the same. Not sure what the "downfall continues" troll is so excited about. Anyone pretending to be scared of PM Scheer (R52) at this point is full of shit.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 5601/24/2019

That's the problem, R55. The cons will be out in droves to vote because they want Trudeau out with a passion. Few are that passionate about the Libs this time around so many of them will stay home.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 5701/24/2019

I think Scheer will be a one term PM if he does win this year. People will reject Trudeau, but they won't like Scheer any better. He's too bland and has no plan, vision or policy. He'll last a term and then it'll be back to the Libs.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 5801/24/2019

R42: Classic right wing projection. Repeatedly puke out downfall, denial, Trump and all the other cocking bullshit from the last thread you did this in and then accuse other of doing what you're doing.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 5901/24/2019

What people the concern trolls and deplorables in this thread ignore is the distribution of the vote and the Liberal's dominance in Quebec. Scheer can only win a few more seats in Alberta with his rising support there.

On the other hand, the NDP's collapse means that the Liberals will pick up almost every one of their 16 seats. The Bloc has also collapsed in the polling, and guess what? Every single seat the Bloc won was in a three way race with the Liberals and NDP. With the NDP down, who do you think is going to pick up those seats?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 6001/24/2019

R60: NO! Social media memes Trudeau angry Troy Blue poop fall down Hillary Trump slide land!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 6101/24/2019

[quote] who do you think is going to pick up those seats?

CAQ won the provincial Quebec election, and the Conservatives plan to copy their playbook to win those seats.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 6201/24/2019

They Libs will also lose seats in other ridings that they picked up last election only because people were sick of Harper. Several Lib ridings are in jeopardy this time around.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 6301/24/2019

That's why the seats they pick up in Quebec are critical: they will offset losses elsewhere.

The Conservatives need a strong NDP to win at this point, but Singh is a disaster, and many NDP MPs are not even going to bother to run again. If that wasn't bad enough, their fundraising has collapsed along with their polling numbers: they even had to mortgage their headquarters just to continue to operate. They probably won't even have money to run a proper campaign.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 6401/24/2019

Scheer's not going to get enough votes. Like it or not, a big part of winning elections is now based on personality and charisma. Scheer has neither. Now, if they had stuck with Rona Ambrose, the Conservatives would have a better shot at it. Even Peter MacKay would be a better choice.

Also, a while back the polls had the 905 district going Liberal. If that still holds, Scheer has no chance.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 6501/24/2019

[quote] Like it or not, a big part of winning elections is now based on personality and charisma. Scheer has neither.

Neither did Stephen Harper and he ruled Canada for ten years as PM

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 6601/24/2019

Liberal minority and survival, Conservative pickup but loss, NDP collapse.

Barring big twists.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 6701/24/2019

Two Syrian refugees (brought into Canada while Trudeau was PM) in 2017 arrested on Terror charges

Conservatives and Trudeau haters will jump on this, which will pull Trudeau numbers down even further

And the downfall continues...

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 6801/25/2019

[quote] pull Trudeau numbers down even further

How come you don't post when the Liberal polling rebounds? You get excited about all this weekly noise in polling when it really doesn't mean anything. All the dramatic changes in polling happened over a year ago now.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 6901/25/2019

Posters have circulated at the protests warning of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's agenda on "mass Muslim immigration" and starting the "process of Sharia law

Question is how many Canadians will fall for these lies (about Justin Trudeau's agenda on "mass Muslim immigration" and starting the "process of Sharia law) - as this is one of the many reasons why Trudeau numbers are tanking.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 7001/26/2019

The resignation of the Ambassador to China today certainly has caused some challenges for Trudeau this week.

On the positive side, pollsters predict the Liberals will take away Outremont in Montreal from the NDP on February 25.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 7101/26/2019

[quote] pollsters predict the Liberals will take away Outremont in Montreal from the NDP on February 25.

That is not news, even Stevie Wonder could see that,

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 7201/26/2019

Well, there are no guarantees in politics, R72.

If the Liberals win back Outremont, it will still be an accomplishment for them because it could further weaken the NDP in Quebec.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 7301/26/2019

[quote] If the Liberals win back Outremont, it will still be an accomplishment for them because it could further weaken the NDP in Quebec.

the NDP are framing it as "Outremont" being a Tom Mulcair seat, and not an NDP seat.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 7401/26/2019

Meanwhile the Conservatives are texting EVERY SINGLE cellphone in Canada, in their continuation of bashing Justin Trudeau

"how did they get this number" goes, I assume they're just texting every mobile exchange. (The first 3 digits of local numbers are either assigned as mobile or landline).

Which is another reason Trudeau numbers are continuing to decline

And the downfall continues ...

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 7501/26/2019

There's a close race between the Liberals & Conservatives in the latest Nanos Poll, but the NDP are down to 14%

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 7601/26/2019

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 7701/26/2019

Is the woman at R77 aware that when HARPER was Prime Minister there was a TERRORIST who made it all the way into the PARLIAMENT BUILDINGS?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 7801/26/2019

R68- The only person identified as a Syrian refugee was the person who was released by the RCMP, so they clearly don't consider him a threat. No one knows if the other person is a refugee because no information can be released about him under the current law, since he's a youth.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 7901/26/2019

The deranged are blaming everything on Trudeau.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 8001/26/2019

For those outside of Canada - Michael Coren (former right-wing now progressive commentator) discusses WHY the right -wing in Canada have a visceral hatred towards Justin Trudeau

so instead of writing "and the downfall continues" I'll end my posts this way

The only way to STOP the Conservatives is NOT to vote NDP or Green.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 8101/27/2019

Absolutely, there is no reason to think Trudeau's win is assured, so there's room to waste votes on NDP and Green. The one benefit of close polling between the Liberals and CPC is that the average voter on the left will see these numbers and vote Liberal. They won't know that the Liberals actually have a very "efficient" vote and a realistic shot at getting a majority government with even a 1 or 2% lead in the popular vote.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 8201/27/2019

CBC Poll tracker

Liberals 36.8%

Conservatives 35.1%

NDP 15.2%

Green 6.9%

So again the ONLY WAY to stop the Conservatives is NOT to vote NDP or Green

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 8301/28/2019

R83: Just shut up.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 8401/28/2019

So, R83, you're saying I should vote Green?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 8501/28/2019

I hate Tejmp but I hate Justin more. Fuck that phony piece of shit asshole.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 8601/28/2019

[quote] Just shut up.

Andrew Scheer supporter

[quote] you're saying I should vote Green?

If you read R83 it says

NOT to vote NDP or GREEN

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 8701/28/2019

Trudeau is a very weak man. I watched his trip to India with interest. He dressed like he was from India. They did not appreciate it. Just be who you are and he is a fake..

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 8801/28/2019

R88 so you are voting Andrew Scheer?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 8901/28/2019

R87 The NDP is floundering so bad that they risk falling behind the Greens at this point. I don’t think you have to worry about anyone voting for them.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 9001/28/2019

[quote] I don’t think you have to worry about anyone voting for them.

Pollsters are saying that if the Green move ahead of the NDP, that is bad news for the Liberals. Because every vote for the Green means a greater chance for the Conservatives to win

Which is why it is SO IMPORTANT NOT TO VOTE NDP or Green in 2019

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 9101/28/2019

How would the Greens taking votes away from the NDP hurt the Liberals?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 9201/28/2019

If you think Trudeau is waltzing to re-election, you're not paying attention to the anger that is out there:

How the The Far-Right Grassroots Movement Taking Over Canada

So again the only way to STOP the Conservatives is NOT TO VOTE NDP or GREEN

DO YOU UNDERSTAND

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 9301/29/2019

Latest Nanos Numbers

Liberals at 37.6

Conservatives at 36.6

NDP at 12.8

Greens at 8.1

So again the only way to STOP the Conservatives is NOT TO VOTE NDP or GREEN

DO YOU UNDERSTAND

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 9401/29/2019

What's the point of hammering that point now when the election isn't until October?

You seem unhinged.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 9501/29/2019

R95 the election campaign is on right now.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 9601/29/2019

According to the new Nanos poll that R94 posted, the NDP is really sinking.

I think those are the lowest numbers for the NDP since the 1990's.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 9701/29/2019

Amid cries of 'traitor,' Canada's Trudeau set for ugly election

So AGAIN whatever you do this election

The ONLY WAY to STOP the Conservatives is NOT TO VOTE NDP or Green

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 9801/31/2019

New poll from Mainstreet Research

37% - LIBERAL

35% - CONSERVATIVE

12% - NDP

7% - GREEN

4% - PEOPLE'S PARTY

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 9901/31/2019

The left-wing (NDP supporting) magazine "The Tyee hold Justin Trudeau ONE HUNDRED PERCENT responsible for the rise of alt-right populism in Canada - saying it is NOT Donald Trump, but Justin Trudeau who is responsible for it infesting into Canada

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 10002/02/2019

Well, if you look at the newest poll above, the NDP has the worst polling numbers its had in many years.

The latest seat projection at CBC by Eric Grenier shows the NDP barely holding onto Official Party Status.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 10102/02/2019

The former NDP leader is openly trashing the current NDP, saying the Greens could leech a lot of their support. There's no real point in voting NDP at this point: they're not going to be a major voice in Parliament with Singh at the helm.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 10202/03/2019

NDP is pointing to the fact that Justin Trudeau was in 3rd place four years ago this month, and 8 months later he was PM

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 10302/03/2019

This is Canada’s 2016.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 10402/03/2019

R103, very different circumstances.

Trudeau held the lead in the polls for 2 years between Spring 2013 & Spring 2015. He was only in 3rd for a few months during the Summer of 2015.

Plus, the Liberals had a history of forming governments in Canada going back to the late 1800's, and Trudeau was the son of the most famous Prime Minister in Canadian history.

Singh has none of those things going for him.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 10502/03/2019

Mulcair’s Green party musing exposes the NDP’s troubles:

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 10602/04/2019

NANOS - Feb 5, 2019

38% LIB

36% CON

13% NDP

8% GRN

3% BQ

2% PPC

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 10702/05/2019

How big is Justin's uncut penis?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 10802/05/2019

Above average, R108.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 10902/05/2019

CBC polling analyst Eric Grenier says NDP support is collapsing in Quebec:

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 11002/06/2019

Yeah, Liberals really need to pick up those lost NDP Quebec seats to offset losses in other provinces.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 11102/06/2019

Nik Nanos with his latest federal party tracking numbers. It's a dead heat between the Liberals and Conservatives

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 11202/07/2019

So is Justin going to keep his job or not??!

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 11302/07/2019

Conservatives are pretty smug today as they FINALLY feel they have the ammunition to bring down Justin Trudeau once and for all.

The Globe and Mail reported anonymous sources said PMO officials pressured Wilson-Raybould while she was Attorney General to push the federal Public Prosecution Service of Canada, which was handling a corruption and fraud prosecution of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., to abandon the criminal prosecution in favour of a remediation agreement —which often results in a corporation paying a fine after admitting culpability.

Wilson-Raybould was shuffled from her post in January to Veterans Affairs in a move that drew surprise and criticism from Indigenous political and legal quarters.

So now the Conservatives are popping open the champagne bottles, convinced that FINALLY they can bring Trudeau down and he will suffer a massive defeat. While the Conservative will cruise to victory.

So it is over for Trudeau and smooth sailing for Andrew Scheer?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 11402/07/2019

CBC aggregated polls

Liberal - 37.4

Conservative - 34.3

NDP - 13.6

Green 7.2

Bloc - 3.7

PPC - 1.8

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 11502/12/2019

Globe broke SNC-Lavalin/PMO story on Feb.7. Latest Nanos federal poll includes data collected through Feb. 8:

Liberals 38,

Conservatives 34,

NDP 13,

Green 7,

People’s 2

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 11602/12/2019

So you're saying I should vote Bloc Quebecois? Anyway Justin's been great for the trans so I'm sure all those votes will pull him out of the shitter.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 11702/12/2019

The trans?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 11802/12/2019

Les transsexuelles, R118?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 11902/12/2019

As the saying goes, it's not the crime, it's the cover up. If Trudeau did anything wrong, he should have admitted it immediately, apologized then resigned as PM. He should have been overly contrite and overly apologetic and overly humble. He should have also confessed to doing MORE than he actually did [assuming he did anything wrong].

If he had gone "over the top" like that, he could have come back as PM because you can always get forgiveness if you appear to be even more remorseful than needed for the wrongdoing.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 12002/13/2019

Well, R120, he did that for the "Elbowgate" incident in Parliament a couple of years ago.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 12102/13/2019

The opposition is acting very deranged going down on Trudeau like a ton of bricks - problem is the last time they acted this deranged was Elbowgate, and that backfired. because it just boosted his numbers higher because people thought was a witch hunt

Yes he acted contrite and apologized, however it was more the opposition politicizing this and going full out deranged, that turned people off

I get the sense the same thing is going to happen. The opposition should be more rational in their investigation. But what it looks like is more desperation, to bring him down. Which will turn voters off.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 12202/13/2019

What are they saying in the Quebec media, R122?

Because it's Quebec that will determine the election in October.

Will Trudeau's lead in Quebec hold up?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 12302/13/2019

[quote] What are they saying in the Quebec media

The Quebec media is PRAISING Justin Trudeau. the way the story is playing in that province is that Trudeau is trying to save 10K jobs and a company that is crucial to the Quebec economy

So yes the opposition should go after Trudeau - but this deranged hatred they are putting on, will turn off Quebec voters, so it makes no sense for the Conservatives and NDP to go this hard, because both of them need Quebec seats.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 12402/13/2019

So is this Quebec company similar to Starbucks or Amazon except on a smaller scale? Because if you need Quebec to win the election, then I can see why the government would do whatever they could to save it from going under even if they had to break the rules. Not that it's right, but it's the reality of winning an election.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 12502/13/2019

R125, Quebec is important for the Liberals to win power nationally in Canada, yes.

The Conservatives don't need to win Quebec because they have a lot of seats in Western Canada and rural Ontario.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 12602/13/2019

Latest Nanos federal poll (taken during the SNC headlines & ending February 15, 2019)

Liberals 38

Conservatives 32

NDP 14

Green 8

People’s 2

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 12702/19/2019

However another poll released (by Ipsos) shows a different story with polling down in wake of SNC-Lavalin

Cons 36% Up 2%

Libs 34% Down 4%

NDP 17% Down 1%

Support for the Trudeau Liberals is now at 34 per cent of decided and leaning voters, down four percentage points from a poll Ipsos did in December. In the 2015 election, the Trudeau Liberals won their commanding majority with 39 per cent of the vote.

Scheer’s Conservatives appear to have benefited from this slide. That party is now at 36 per cent support, up three points since the end of 2018.

“The big trouble spot is now Ontario, where the Tories have a six point lead over the Liberals,” said Bricker. “The way the vote breaks in Ontario suggests that the Tories are doing well in the 905, where the Liberals won their majority in 2015.”

The NDP and its leader Jagmeet Singh, meanwhile, continue to languish, with 17 per cent support right now versus 18 per cent at year-end.

And yet, Trudeau is still doing better than his two main rivals, Scheer and Singh, who continue to have lower approval ratings than Trudeau.

“All is not bad for Trudeau,” Bricker said. “When assessed head to head with his major rivals, Scheer and Singh, he still does well on specific leadership attributes. Although the gap appears to be closing now.”

And just 38 per cent of those surveyed believe the Trudeau Liberals deserve re-election, while 62 per cent agreed that it was time to give another party a chance at governing.

Again read this

"62 per cent agreed that it was time to give another party a chance at governing."

So AGAIN the only way to STOP the Conservatives IS NOT to vote NDP or Green

DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 12802/19/2019

I'm surprised. Those are pretty good numbers for the Liberals under the circumstances.

They are leading in the Nanos poll, and only marginally behind in Ipsos, despite the fact it leans Conservative.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 12902/19/2019

[quote] They are leading in the Nanos poll, and only marginally behind in Ipsos, despite the fact it leans Conservative.

New poll shows Liberals behind

New Leger Poll taken during SNC Headlines (Feb. 15 to Feb. 19)

Conservatives 36%

Liberals 34%

NDP 12%

Green 8%

People’s 4%

Leger says it's interesting that Scheer is not picking up the slack, he said.

“There’s nobody right now that’s capturing the minds and hearts of Canadians and probably explains why voting intentions are so close while we see that the prime minister is actually showing signs of weakening in terms of support,”

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 13002/20/2019

According to John Ivison, the whole storm-in-a-teacup looks like it's reached the end so the polls will likely go back up to where they were before SNC.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 13102/20/2019

The only good news with these dropping polls is that Trudeau is still ahead in the preferred PM poll (Nanos has him double digits ahead of Andrew Scheer)

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 13202/20/2019

But Canadians don't vote for Prime Minister.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 13302/20/2019

R133 I know that, but Justin Trudeau us leader of the LIBERAL party - so a vote for them, is a vote for Justin Trudeau.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 13402/20/2019

[quote]According to John Ivison, the whole storm-in-a-teacup looks like it's reached the end so the polls will likely go back up to where they were before SNC.

John Ivison is usually a Conservative shill, so I'm surprised he would put a positive spin on this for the Liberals.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 13502/20/2019

[quote][R133] I know that, but Justin Trudeau us leader of the LIBERAL party - so a vote for them, is a vote for Justin Trudeau.

That's not how Canadians vote, hon.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 13602/20/2019

On Monday the Liberals will probably win the Outremont by-election and take the seat away from the NDP, so that will be some good news for them.

Whether it's enough to change the channel, who knows?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 13702/20/2019

New polling for Quebec ONLY

New Mainstreet Poll (Feb 17 in wake of SNC)

Liberals - 34.6%

Conservatives - 18.2%

Bloc - 14.9%

NDP - 7.2%

Green - 5.1%

PPC - 3.8%

Other findings

49% say Gov't SHOULD NOT intervene in SNC

55% DON'T believe Trudeau story

50% are NOT satisfied with Trudeau explanation

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 13802/22/2019

Meanwhile new poll shows many Canadians believe Canada is doing worse under Trudeau Liberals

It seems to me that the media in Canada want an Andrew Scheer government as they are doing everything they can to discredit Trudeau - maybe they don't like his international profile and feel THEY should be the ones covering Trudeau and NOT the international media

whatever the reason they are turning on him, and propping up Andrew Scheer

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 13902/22/2019

How many fucking threads are you going to keep posting about this?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 14002/22/2019

R138, the good news for the Liberals in that Quebec poll is that although their numbers are a bit down, the NDP appears to have completely collapsed to single digits.

Liberals will most likely win the Outremont by-election on Monday.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 14102/22/2019

R140 why are you assuming this is going to be a cakewalk for Trudeau to win

Are you that in that denial or dense?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 14202/22/2019

God please, save hottie Justin Trudeau! Fucking Canadians. I will boycott Canada forever if he loses.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 14302/22/2019

[quote] Fucking Canadians. I will boycott Canada forever if he loses.

He if fails in October he didn't lose - rather the right-wing propaganda social media machine and the media won to bring him down, over the most trivial scandals.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 14402/22/2019

Well, it can't all be blamed on the right-wing media.

It's true that the Canadian media is more conservative-owned then when Pierre Trudeau was Prime Minister, but some of these problems are self-inflicted.

Eg. Trudeau & Butts should have handled the SNC-Lavalin issue better.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 14502/22/2019

[quote] Eg. Trudeau & Butts should have handled the SNC-Lavalin issue better.

You don't this is a little over-kill by the media? This is nothing compared to what Trump has done, and yet media acts as if he killed someone!

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 14602/22/2019

That's true, R146. The Canadian media does sometimes exaggerate scandals -- I'm not a conservative or a Harper fan, but the Canadian media also built up the Mike Duffy scandal. Although it was unethical for Harper's chief of staff to secretly pay Duffy $90,000, it was relatively minor and yet it was made into the biggest Canadian scandal of the century.

But the point is that although the SNC-Lavalin issue may be minor compared to Trump's corruption, or that in other countries, it's considered big in *Canadian* terms.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 14702/22/2019

So where are all those DLers who insists that we hand-wringers are just making a mountain out of a molehill, and that Trudeau has re-election in a walk?

Where are you now?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 14802/22/2019

Chantal Hebert says

Based on those numbers, the odds that the prime minister can ever win a majority over to his version of events range from slim to non-existent, notwithstanding all that may yet happen over the next few days and all that came to light this past week.

So where are all those DLers who insists that we hand-wringers are just making a mountain out of a molehill, and that Trudeau has re-election in a walk?

Where are you now?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 14902/22/2019

Is that from her column today, R149?

What did they say on the 'At Issue' panel on CBC last night?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 15002/22/2019

Well, today is Byelection day in Canada.

Liberals will probably take back Outremont from the NDP, Conservatives will hold York-Simcoe, and Singh will probably finally win a seat in Burnaby.

The bad news for Singh though is that although he will finally get into the House, 2 more Quebec NDP MP's announced they are quitting:

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 15102/25/2019

New aggravated poll shows Trudeau will lose the election by one seat

So where are all those DLers who kept on saying there was NO WAY the Conservatives would win, That Trudeau has this in the bag and it wil be a cakewalk

where are those DLers? All of a sudden they are SILENT

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 15202/25/2019

Which seats is he projected to lose, R152?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 15302/25/2019

Canada needs to focus on the election methodology: conservatives have to steal to win, but it's easy in Canada because nobody in Halifax has a fucking clue what people in Winnipeg think.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 15402/25/2019

Liberals way ahead in the early results from Outremont:

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 15502/25/2019

Networks call Outremont for the Liberals:

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 15602/25/2019

Singh (NDP) is leading in Burnaby South, the Liberals 2nd, Conservatives 3rd.

(looks like Maxime Bernier's People's Party is taking some votes away from the Cons).

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 15702/25/2019

The SNC scandal isn't going to sink the Liberals. Voters may not like how the Liberals are handling it, they may think Trudeau is lying about what happened...but whether that convinces them to vote for the Conservatives is another matter.

Has any poll come out asking voters who they intend to vote for in the next election?

The Duffy thing was similar for Harper but Harper's problem was that it wasn't just Duffy- it was video of federal scientists on Parliament Hill in their lab coats, the ill-conceived "Barbaric Cultural Practice Hotline" and Harper thinking that doing a campaign stop with Rob Ford was a good idea. Combine that with Harper being PM for too long, and that's how he lost.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 15802/25/2019

Yeah, it's not the best night for Scheer & the Conservatives.

They easily held onto York, but everyone knew they would because it's a Conservative stronghold.

What's not good for the Cons is that they finished in single digits in Outremont (Montreal), and finished 3rd in Burnaby because the People's Party took 10% of the vote.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 15902/25/2019

Given the size of Trudeau's ego, I can't imagine how he gets his head past a door frame.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 16002/25/2019

R160, I agree that Trudeau can have a big ego sometimes.

But I would still go to town on that ass:

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 16102/25/2019

R161 Take a number.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 16202/25/2019

[quote] The SNC scandal isn't going to sink the Liberals. Voters may not like how the Liberals are handling it, they may think Trudeau is lying about what happened...but whether that convinces them to vote for the Conservatives is another matter.

Wishful thinking - new Angus Reid poll shows Conservatives opening up a seven lead over the Liberals

Conservatives - 38%

Liberals - 31%

NDP - 14%

I've told people here over and over and over again Canadians were getting tired of the Trudeau fluff. It might play well on the International stage (and in the beginning Canadians were proud Canada was being noticed) but Canadians want substance - they want some who is serious about the economy. So it is obvious many "Blue" Liberals have switched to the Conservatives

SO AGAIN - where are all those DLers who poo-pooed the idea and the Conservatives could win. Saying that Trudeau would get a second mandate, and he would win in a cakewalk

So where are those DLers now?!!!

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 16302/26/2019

Angus Reid has been one of the worst pollsters for the Liberals for a long time.

Its numbers are out of whack with other pollsters, particularly its Quebec numbers.

That doesn't mean that the Liberals haven't declined, but the Angus Reid numbers aren't credible, particularly after the Liberals performed well in last night's byelections.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 16402/26/2019

Justin has a trust fund to fall back on. He'll be fine.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 16502/26/2019

[quote] I mean he thought Clinton was going to win in a landslide!

The whole word thought Clinton would win a landslide dearest Deplorable. Of course, little did the world know the election would be hacked by Russia and friends.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 16602/26/2019

Here's what has me slightly nervous. The traditional telephone polls over the past two weeks have shown the Liberals and Conservatives with an average of 2 to 4 points difference. Online polls, however, have all shown the Conservatives with a larger lead. A lot of people tend to poo-poo online polls yet in 2016 it was online polls that proved to be more accurate than the telephone or in-person polls. It was online polls that indicated the leave side would win the Brexit referendum in the week before the vote, and it was online polls that in the final days of the Presidential race showed the electoral college was a toss up. IMO, people seem to be more honest in their voting intentions in an online poll because it's completely anonymous. We know that some Brexit and Trump supporters lied in telephone polls.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 16702/26/2019

Chantal Hébert's column today:

Little to celebrate for any party in Monday’s byelections

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 16802/26/2019

Now a new poll has come out saying that Andrew Scheer is more ethical than Justin Trudeau!

SO AGAIN - where are all those DLers who poo-pooed the idea and the Conservatives could win. Saying that Trudeau would get a second mandate, and he would win in a cakewalk

So where are those DLers now?!!!

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 16902/26/2019

R169, we get your point.

No need to keep shouting.

Trudeau has his challenges, but so does Scheer, as Chantal Hebert's column above shows.

And Singh should be worried he's only at 6% in that Ethics poll.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 17002/26/2019

R170 then why are DLers still in denial about this?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 17102/26/2019

Hey concern troll. I'm with you and always have been. I've been nervous about this since Trump won but it's been even more obvious (imo) that the Libs have been in trouble for the last two years. Just take a look at any online comment section or social media - lots of hate directed at the Libs, especially at Trudeau. I mean, he's even getting death threats on the regular now. The Cons are employing American style tactics and have Rebel media doing their PR. No mainstream Canadian media is calling them on their lies and misinformation. I'm afraid the Libs aren't even going to get a minority this time round. I don't have a good feeling about Oct.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 17202/26/2019

R172 I created a new threat about the JT death threats and everyone there accused me as a Russian Troll

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 17302/26/2019

I created one about the Yellow Vests in Canada. Never saw your thread though, (or maybe I forgot??), R173.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 17402/26/2019

I just posted it and the push-back was so hard, i let it die a natural death and it has dropped off in popularity

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 17502/26/2019

Thread promised Justin's pole. I see no pole.

0/10 would not open again.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 17602/26/2019

R173 You’re not a Russian troll, but you definitely seem unwell...mentally.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 17702/26/2019

R177 The prospect of Trump style politics have driven everyone crazy

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 17802/26/2019

Le Justine is screwed.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 17902/28/2019

Justin is the clear choice. What he needs is a nice feel good story to make Canada root for him once again.

Nothing a good PR firm can't fix but he needs to hurry up and hustle before those numbers deep even more.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 18002/28/2019

It's hard to understand this whole issue. But looking at the stats, it seems like SNC is a massively important company and is an investor in the Quebec Pension Plan. So, suppose Trudeau said nothing, SNC was financially crippled because of litigation....what would then happen to the QPP?? Along with every other entity tied to SNC???

Wouldn't it be like a domino effect? Other provinces are financially tied to Quebec as well, so every province would suffer financially. Job loss and financial loss in Quebec would reverberate right through the country.

And it's a little hypocritical of the Conservatives to throw Trudeau into the fire about doing this to try and save jobs when they're mantra about pipelines is always focused on how good it would be for job creation. They can't have it both ways.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 18102/28/2019

The one good thing for Trudeau is that the NDP is still in disarray.

Another NDP MP announced today that he is packing it in. Murray Rankin (Victoria) on the West Coast.

The Greens finished a strong 2nd in 2015, so this gives Elizabeth May a chance at finally electing a 2nd Green MP to the House of Commons.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 18202/28/2019

Pollster Frank Graves:

[quote]For those on the edge of their seats waiting for polling impacts of yesterday pyrotechnics (and 2 week's prior kerfuffle) here's the update. Flat line,nothing.The impacts may start revealing themselves in vote intention but so far zero effects evident .About 700 cases last night.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 18302/28/2019

New poll - looks like Trudeau will be turfed after one mandate - one of the first PM in history not to get a second mandate

Conservatives - 40%

Liberals - 31%

NDP 20%

In addition Liberal support in Quebec has been cut in HALF

Liberals 35%

Conservatives - 29% (and climbing)

What shocks me is that right-wing politicians like Donald Trump and Doug Ford have done FAR WORST than Trudeau - but the problem is that the right-wing propaganda machine in Canada (helped immensely by MSM) is fueling this story. Now if a Conservative politician had done what Trudeau had done, this the right-wing propaganda machine in Canada would be praising him for being such strong divisive leader!

Looks like we should prepare ourselves for a Prime Minister Andrew Scheer.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 18403/05/2019

The Ipsos poll also shows the Liberals 20 points back in the 905, where they currently hold almost all the seats. It’s one poll and eight months out, but that cannot become a trend for them.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 18503/05/2019

But the new Nanos Poll gives me a bit of hope (though it is a rolling poll with data aggravated from 3 weeks ago)

Preferred PM - Trudeau 35% Scheer 25%

Qualities of a Good Political Leader Trudeau 52% Scheer 39%

But for voting intentions Conservatives 35% Liberals 34%

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 18603/05/2019

Justin Trudeau should just wear a speedo every day. That would help his poll numbers.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 18703/05/2019

R184, R185, R186 -- keep in mind that Ipsos is a conservative pollster run by Darryl Bricker (a conservative). It historically has lower poll numbers for the Liberals than other pollsters.

This has been going on all the way back to 2000 when their final election poll showed Jean Chretien would only win a Minority, whereas he won a big Majority.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 18803/05/2019

Trudeau & Butts in their college days:

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 18903/05/2019

R184- Scheer will be in a fight with Lindsay Graham to see who can lick Trump's ass harder.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 19003/05/2019

[quote] Charm will not extricate Canada’s Justin Trudeau from a spreading political mess. Only honest answers will.

The international press is a fickle mistress.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 19103/05/2019

Big morning coming up.

Gerald Butts is due to testify at the Justice Committee.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 19203/06/2019

[quote]Gerald Butts is due to testify at the Justice Committee.

At the link: Key moments from Gerald Butts's SNC-Lavalin testimony

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 19303/06/2019

New polling

Nanos

Conservatives - 34.7%

Liberals - 34.2 %

NDP - 15.5%

Green - 9.1%

Forum

Conservatives - 42%

Liberal - 33%

NDP - 12%

Green - 5%

Best PM

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer - 31%

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau - 26%

Approval

Justin Trudeau Disapproval - 60% Approval - 30%

Andrew Scheer Disapproval - 34% Approval - 34%

Abacus

Conservatives 36%

Liberals 30%

NDP 16%

Green 10%

Ipsos

Conservatives - 40%

Liberal - 31%

NDP - 20%

Green - 5%

(62%) of Canadians agree (29% strongly/33% somewhat) that Prime Minister Trudeau has lost the moral authority to govern and MUST RESIGN

So really it is CRYSTAL CLEAR and there is NO confusion and NO misunderstanding. We will have a NEW Prime Minister in October and his name will be Andrew Scheer (picture below) These numbers and this polling DOES NOT LIE

So you cannot be in denial any longer. Which people have been saying for the past year, but DLers have ignored it. Now you cannot ignore it any longer as these number DON'T LIE - Justin Trudeau will be turfed come October. And there is no doubt about it as the NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Andrew Scheer will be Prime Minister of Canada in October. End of story.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 19403/06/2019

R194: Fuck you troll. Nine months is an eternity. Also what are the margins of error for all these polls? Again, fuck you. Your support for the Conservative Party is noted and dismissed, AS ARE YOU. Your SICK obsession with claiming that a scandal no one saw coming is proof that all your retarded rambling in the summer and fall was right all along is SICK. Again, fuck you.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 19503/06/2019

R195 - it is 7 months and two weeks

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 19603/06/2019

[quote]PM @JustinTrudeau will deliver remarks & answer questions at the National Press Theatre tomorrow morning at 8AM.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 19703/06/2019

I didn't watch GB's testimony - was he convincing enough?

I also didn't watch JWR's testimony....but I read that she said Trudeau didn't break any law? Really...so why is this even an issue then???

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 19803/06/2019

Some commentators say that Butts was well prepared and calm and logical and was able to refute Raybould's points without bashing her.

But the whole episode has definitely damaged Trudeau as his numbers are down even in pollsters that are usually good for the Liberals.

He is going to be making some statements tomorrow morning to try and regain control of the situation.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 19903/06/2019

Trudeau is feeling the hit polling wise. Approval disapproval spread now 16 points to the negative.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 20003/09/2019

New Abacus poll today.

As David Coletto of Abacus explains, Trudeau seems to be recovering from the low he hit last week and is now in a close race with the Conservatives again:

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 20103/11/2019

ABACUS (MARCH 8 - MARCH 10)

CONSERVATIVE - 34

LIBERAL - 32

NDP - 16

GREEN - 11

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 20203/11/2019

Continued fallout. The Clerk of the Privy Council, Michael Wernik “retired” today after having lost the confidence of the opposition leaders.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 20303/18/2019

R203, and this affects the polls how?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 20403/18/2019

Negatively.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 20503/18/2019

Well what are the latest polls saying?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 20603/18/2019

Is Justin crying yet?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 20703/18/2019

[quote]The Clerk of the Privy Council, Michael Wernik “retired” today after having lost the confidence of the opposition leaders.

His recent public speculation that someone was going to get murdered on the campaign trail pretty well said it all. Puppet.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 20803/18/2019

Not to mention his citing of mean tweets as “witness intimidation.”

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 20903/18/2019

Trudeau appointed former Liberal Justice Minister Anne McClennan as an advisor on the SNC-Lavalin situation.

I'm surprised he did this because it allows the Conservatives to attack him for making a partisan appointment.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 21003/18/2019

Interesting that the National Post - not exactly a friend of Trudeau- came out with a column criticizing Scheer for his inadequate statement of support for NZ- he didn't mention the word "Muslim" and then when he was roasted for that, he came out with a second statement that just underlines how bad the first statement was. Then the NP mentions Scheer and the recent "Pizzagate" misstep, and something called "United We Roll" that apparently had a lot of anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant support.

Coyne seems to be clueless as to why Scheer is making these missteps - but maybe not so clueless, as Coyne brings up the Conservatives old dog whistle of creating a Barbaric Cultural Practice hotline.

It wouldn't surprise me if Scheer tries to revive that one.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 21103/18/2019

While I am a member of the Liberal Party, last election I voted NDP. I thought -- and still think -- Justin Trudeau is too immature, too inexperience, in short, a lightweight.

To be honest, I wish Jack Layton was still alive

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 21203/18/2019

Trudeau has proven to be so corrupt (scandal after scandal). I guess like father (Castro) like son.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 21303/18/2019

It's fine to criticize Trudeau, R213, but bringing up that right-wing Castro is Trudeau's real father conspiracy is ridiculous.

Snopes did a whole piece a couple years ago showing why it is almost impossible for Castro to be Trudeau's father.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 21403/18/2019

Latest Leger poll: Trudeau behind at 31 vs Cons at 37. Two months in and the story still has legs. SNC CEO denies threatened job losses and HQ move.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 21503/23/2019

[quote]Being born in Canada I have never, ever seen this much hatred and vile detestation towards a politician. It is totally unreal.

You are too young to remember Trudeau the elder after the National Energy Policy or the War Measures Act. The hatred against Trudeau in the West and Quebec was crazy town.

[quote]Trudeau appointed former Liberal Justice Minister Anne McClennan as an advisor on the SNC-Lavalin situation.

Landslide Annie is Liberal but she's also a westerner and she's generally a respected figure, so she provides him some cover.

I can't stand Justin but I will vote Liberal next fall. The Conservatives need to get back to the centre. I don't think they're going there. If I had my wish, Trudeau would step aside and let somebody else lead, but that isn't happening. So I will vote for the lesser of the three evils.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 21603/23/2019

R216, Pierre Trudeau wasn't hated in Quebec at that time. He swept Quebec in every election until 1980. It was after 1980 that things went wrong for him there.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 21703/23/2019

R216, she’s not a Westerner. She is from Nova Scotia. She moved West to teach. Her perspectives are not Albertan.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 21803/23/2019

R218, Anne is considered a Westerner now. She represented Alberta for years when she was a cabinet minister under Chretien and Martin.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 21903/23/2019

No, she isn’t.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 22003/23/2019

I also know she represented Alberta. She ran in the riding my grandmother lived in. My grandmother voted for her in the election when she won by two votes.

She was my contracts prof in law school.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 22103/23/2019

What was she like as a Law prof, R221?

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 22203/23/2019

She was a very good professor. Very loud, though.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 22303/23/2019

R223, yeah, I've seen clips of her from Parliament, and she did have a screechy voice.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 22403/23/2019

NANOS

(April 2nd):

LPC: 35%

CPC: 35%

NDP: 17%

Greens: 8%

Bloc Quebecois: 4%

People's Party: 1%

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 22504/02/2019

NANOS Poll:

(April 12th):

Conservative: 35

Liberal: 33

NDP: 17

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 22604/12/2019

So according to Nanos anyway, it's still a close race between the Conservatives & the Liberals.

The NDP is still a distant 3rd, so Trudeau still has a shot at winning in October, although perhaps with a Minority.

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 22704/12/2019

New Trudeau video:

by Justin Trudeau Concern Trollreply 22804/15/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!