Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Justin Trudeau Polling Thread For 2019 Election

Decided to create just one thread so I can post the latest polls and discuss Trudeau chances in 2019. Some living in Canada and even outside of Canada may think a second term is a slam dunk. But I'm not so sure. Being born in Canada I have never, ever seen this much hatred and vile detestation towards a politician. It is totally unreal.

Conservatives just DESPISE him and are doing everything they can to throw as much mud at Trudeau as possible. Trotting out multiple talking heads on news shows and talk radio to bash Trudeau. Sending out MILLIONS of memes, producing video after video after video on YouTube all vilifying Trudeau.

Third party groups are also in the mix, making videos, memes, tweets, Facebook postings. Taking a page directly out of the Trump playbook against Hillary.

They're throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him.

The fact of the matter is, it BURNS Conservatives and drives them up the wall with the International attention he is getting. Conservatives think it is terrific for a Prime Minister to be the center of so much worldwide attention - as long as it was a Conservative PM getting that attention. But because it is Trudeau, they can't stand it and just makes them crazy.

Sometimes I think it might be easier for the country to be under Conservative management once again. Because I have never seen this much hate by Canadians for a sitting PM like Trudeau. Even under Harper it wasn't so bad. But Conservatives are not going to stop. They are going escalate and go higher and higher and higher with their attacks and outright lies and fake news until Trudeau is out of office, and they are in charge once again in Canada.

I'm losing all faith in Canada that Canadians would be fooled by all these lies and fake news.

Anyways thanks for reading and will be posting polls and discussing his chances here in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 270May 21, 2019 2:28 PM

After fighting to get the Ontario Liberals decimated in the provincial election last week, an online group that has mastered modern messaging is turning its fire power on Justin Trudeau.

“We were pivotal,” Ontario Proud founder Jeff Ballingall said about his group’s role in ousting the Ontario Liberals after 15 years in government.

Ontario Proud’s Facebook presence is unrivalled by the political parties and other third party groups registered with Elections Ontario.

Up and running for less than three years, the third party has a bigger following on Facebook than all of the provincial parties and leaders combined. That translated to more engagement online than any other group during the writ period from May 9 to June 7, Ballingall said.

In that time he said Ontario Proud clocked in 63.6 million Facebook impressions and people watched 3.7 million minutes of Ontario Proud videos.

Pushing what he calls an “aggressively centre-right moderate” perspective, Ballingall said. The memes and videos focus on affordability issues and responsible and accountable government. They also include unflattering pictures of Wynne and other politicians and sometimes veer into the personal attacks that political parties usually won’t risk.

Digital strategist at Hill and Knowlton Lindsay Finneran-Gingras crunched the numbers throughout the election and said the group’s role in promoting a Conservative message isn’t overstated.

“Ontario Proud dominated every single social and digital channel and conversation during the election and, looking at the data, also before the election,” she said.

The group has already taken aim at Trudeau on issues like changes to small business taxes and his controversial India trip. But since Doug Ford’s dramatic election win last week much more of Ontario Proud’s posts on social media have been directed at Trudeau.

Over the weekend, it posted a photo on its Instagram page that read “Wynne down, Trudeau to go.”

Ballingall’s message to the federal Liberals: “Watch out.”

“Social media is allowing people to fight back, we’re able to tap into growing resentment about affordability issues, about government waste, about corruption and scandal,” he said. “There’s no longer a monopoly on the political discourse, we’re able to reach people and mobilize them.”

So far Ontario Proud has used its platform to a powerful effect. For example, Finneran-Gingras said while it didn’t create Wynne’s low popularity ratings, Ontario Proud helped them sink lower.

Their posts called Wynne politically corrupt, focused on her low polling numbers and directly tied her to controversies like cutting power in the dead of winter.

In the lead up to next year’s federal election Ballingall said he’ll put “a heavy focus” on the Trudeau government.

“We want to defeat them,” he said. Adding that his goal is a government that will “lower taxes, that will make life more affordable for Canadians.”

Ballingall said donations from more than 1,300 people allowed the group to spend to the $100,000 limit for third party advertising during the Ontario election and spend more than $300,000 in the lead up. Other donations were used to mobilize their followers. As part of its get out the vote campaign, Ballingall said Ontario Proud sent over a million text messages and made over 2.5 million phone calls.

Unlike political parties, who are more restricted in what they can post to their pages, Ontario Proud has been able to grow its following with a-political posts and by testing the boundaries of personal attacks. Another luxury the group has is that it doesn’t have to play by the same rules when it comes to personal attacks.

Calling Kathleen Wynne “phony,” “heartless” and a “scumbag” and depicting her as the Grinch or a zombie (via the Toronto Sun) are all fair game according to Ballingall.

“I don’t think we go too, too far,” he said. “We use a mix of different content to get our message across.”

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2018 7:13 PM

The Prime Minister’s approval rating has subsequently continued to decline in 2018. This quarter marks the first time since his victory in the 2015 election that a majority of Canadians (56%) disapprove of Trudeau’s performance as Prime Minister.

Perhaps particularly troubling for Trudeau is the ratio of strong opinions of his performance. Canadians strongly disapprove of him by a ratio of four-to-one over those who strongly approve:

If an election were held tomorrow, four-in-ten Canadians (40%) say they would vote for a Conservative candidate in their riding. This represents a double-digit gap over those who say the same of the governing Liberal party (30%).

For the fourth consecutive quarter the number of Canadians saying it is ‘time for a change in government’ has risen. The percentage of respondents holding that view is now up to 51 per cent

Conservative party leader Andrew Scheer is seen as the leader best suited to steward the economy. This, as government spending and the deficit have emerged as the top issues of importance in the country

Ontario continues to be a driver of vote intention shifts in favour of the Conservatives. That party now holds a 12-point advantage in the region, thanks to a seven-point shift in their favour this quarter.

As Canadians sour on Trudeau, their opinion of Conservative leader Andrew Scheer has begun to improve.

Though the number of Canadians who have yet to form an opinion of Scheer continues to be substantial (28%), the percentage who approve of the opposition leader has risen since last quarter, while the percentage who disapprove of him has declined:

Given this, it’s perhaps not surprising that Scheer is the federal leader Canadians are most likely to describe as “best suited” to deal with the economy. The Conservative leader bests Trudeau on health care, crime and dealing with the provinces as well, while the Prime Minister holds a narrow advantage on the foreign affairs file.

Notably, roughly four-in-ten Canadians (39%) say they are unsure who would make the best Prime Minister. This suggests that – though dissatisfaction with Trudeau and the Liberals has created an opening for Scheer and the Conservatives – the opposition leader still has some work to do to convince Canadians he is the right man to head their federal government.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2018 7:14 PM

These Conservative politicians are READY to roll up their sleeves are get rid of Trudeau in 2019

They call themselves "The Resistence"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2018 7:16 PM

This weeks poll from Nanos

Liberal - 38%

Conservative - 34%

NDP - 15%

Green - 7%

People's Party - 2%

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2019 11:59 PM

I’m a lifetime New Democrat. Sadly, I’ll be voting Trudeau this time. Singh is abysmal and this whole Ontario Proud, Yellow Vest nonsense must be stopped.

I expect Trudeau will win on that. Decimated NDP vote, that is.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2019 12:07 AM

Peoplekind will vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2019 12:07 AM

Peopldkind hate him because he's just a pretty boy with no real brains.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2019 12:10 AM

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has broken a signature campaign promise by abandoning electoral reform, sparking condemnation from his political opponents.

And no legitimate explanation why.

Guess all promises go out the window when he gets a majority...

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote] I’m a lifetime New Democrat. Sadly, I’ll be voting Trudeau this time.

Jagmeet Singh says you need to vote FOR SOMETHING and not AGAINST SOMETHING

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2019 12:20 AM

R3 I'm a Canadian and Macleans is the most shitty, conservative magazine in the entire country - it's put together by losers and every single person on the cover is a conservative loser as well, including our redneck Premiere Doug Ford, a slightly upgraded version of Donald trump.

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2019 12:22 AM

R9 He's full of mumbo jumbo crap and he certainly won't be getting my vote. He's an albatross to the NDP.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2019 12:24 AM

Hopefully Justin can go back to bouncing full time after his loss.

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2019 12:25 AM

Trudy is vermin. Worse than his piece of shit father, and that is *really* saying something. How any gay man can support him is beyond me, but then again, gays do tend to revel in abject fakery and hypocrisy. He will get anothet term, and Canada will slip that much further down the toilet. Not that any of the other parties are any better or really any different at all. Canada deserves Dope and every stupid thing he does to us.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2019 12:25 AM

wouldn't be surprised if Putin is behind this.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2019 12:26 AM

Something I don't understand about parliamentary systems: does the actual candidate in each district matter specifically, or do most voters just vote for the party not caring about the actual person they're sending to Parliament?

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2019 12:29 AM

r15 Nobody pays enough attention to differentiate in the first place, these are Canadians, they vote their feelings, not rationally in any way, which is why the Libs will get another term.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2019 12:31 AM

[quote] Something I don't understand about parliamentary systems: does the actual candidate in each district matter specifically, or do most voters just vote for the party not caring about the actual person they're sending to Parliament?

usually they are voting for the party, but you have "swing voters" who don't align with any party. Sometimes they vote for the person, but most times they vote for the party, There is a 10% of the electoral base that are called "persuadables" that can move to any party, but they need to be persuaded.

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2019 12:36 AM

Mary! Someone think of the gays and save Justin Trudeau !!!

Canadians are so sketchy. I can't fully trust them.

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2019 12:41 AM

R18 - Concerned Gay in SoCal are you a Trudeau fan?

by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2019 12:44 AM

If he volunteered to work shirtless, would that help his standing.

I mean outside of the gay community

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2019 12:45 AM

If Canadians don't want him. He can become our new mayor !!!

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2019 12:54 AM

I like Trudeau. He hasn't been perfect but he is more hit than miss for me.

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2019 1:11 AM

Why do you want Trudeau? You have UN globalists making the laws now.

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2019 3:02 AM

R22 Perfect! And that's why he'll win.

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2019 3:12 AM

Who could possibly find Andrew Scheer worth voting for?

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2019 3:17 AM

lol, lol, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2019 1:29 PM

Latest Nanos Polling

Liberals 37

Conservatives 36

NDP 14

Green 7

People’s 2

And the downfall for Trudeau continues....

by Anonymousreply 27January 22, 2019 2:41 PM

btw for people who say "well Trudeau has personal approval ratings than Scheer" - Jack Layton always had higher numbers in approval than Stephen Harper, but it was Harper that always won the election not Jack Layton.

So someone might like someone, but that doesn't mean they are going to vote for their party,.

by Anonymousreply 28January 22, 2019 2:43 PM

Still time to present hole, Justin!

by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2019 2:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2019 5:40 PM

Conservatives launch a new attack ad which is going viral and gaining traction. Which is only driving Trudeau poll numbers down further

And the downfall continues ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2019 2:03 PM

I hope he wins because he represents peoplekind.

by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2019 2:07 PM

R3- That cover is hilarious. A bunch of fat, old, white guys. They look like they belong in Trump's administration.

by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2019 2:15 PM

Meanwhile Conservatives have broken their 2018 election donation total - raising 24 million, more than any other party.

Just shows how motivated people are in Canada to get rid of Justin Trudeau

And the downfall continues .....

by Anonymousreply 34January 24, 2019 9:58 PM

I hope Justin sets up an onlyfans account once he's out of office!

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2019 10:02 PM

I don't see how the Libs are going to win this year. I've given up hope.

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2019 10:09 PM

The whole premise of this thread is just pathetic. The OP and every post of his here is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Downfall, denial, blah blah blah. You're boring OP. You always were. Just masturbate with your Andrew Scheer buttplug in your ass and leave us all alone.

R36: You were never voting Liberal in the first place so shove it.

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2019 10:09 PM

Not true, R37. I've only ever voted Liberal or NDP my entire life.

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2019 10:10 PM

R37 is the regular poster who is 100% in denial about Deplorables in Canada - I mean he thought Clinton was going to win in a landslide!

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2019 10:14 PM

I thought it was several posters who were "in denial"? Not just one?

Funny how the story changes.

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2019 10:17 PM

It's not just the deplorables, R39....Andrew Scheer's memes and constant attacks are working on others as well.

by Anonymousreply 41January 24, 2019 10:18 PM

R40 - R37 is very repetitive

by Anonymousreply 42January 24, 2019 10:18 PM

Well, R42, I guess people who are aware of what's going on will be here to say I told you so to all these people in denial. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

by Anonymousreply 43January 24, 2019 10:20 PM

by Anonymousreply 44January 24, 2019 10:21 PM

R44 you said it

by Anonymousreply 45January 24, 2019 10:22 PM

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

"I told you so."

by Anonymousreply 46January 24, 2019 10:26 PM

Yes Canada will be so much better off with it’s very own Donald Trump, look how well it’s going in the US. And hopefully someone as handsome as Donnie too. MCGA.! ( pronounced muck gah).

by Anonymousreply 47January 24, 2019 10:26 PM

[quote] Yes Canada will be so much better off with it’s very own Donald Trump, look how well it’s going in the US. And hopefully someone as handsome as Donnie too. MCGA.! ( pronounced muck gah).

The problem is that the Conservatives has a war chest to spread fake news and lies about Trudeau all over social media, and that is what is driving down his poll numbers.

by Anonymousreply 48January 24, 2019 10:29 PM

Exactly, R48, and what's happening is the old school "red Tory" voters will vote Conservative this time around. They voted Lib last time because they were tired of Harper. Those people are older fiscal conservative types, and they don't like Trudeau either. Plus, now you've got the deplorable yellow-vest crowd, many of whom didn't vote in the last election to contend with this time. Some of those will vote for Max (if he has a candidate in their riding), but they'll largely vote conservative.

by Anonymousreply 49January 24, 2019 10:35 PM

Exactly R49 - Trudeau won Red Tories and Blue Liberals voted for him just to get Harper out. It is doubtful he will get those voters back, and it is frustrating that some people here (like the persistent poster who continues to be in denial) refuse to acknowledge the fact that Trudeau is in real danger of losing. Day after day his poll numbers continue to fall.

The Conservatives breaking their record with a huge fundraising total of 24 Million is historic, as it shows the determination of Canada to get rid of Trudeau

You guys better WAKE UP as a PM Andrew Scheer is a reality in 2019

by Anonymousreply 50January 24, 2019 10:39 PM

How do you feel about PM Scheer, then?

by Anonymousreply 51January 24, 2019 10:41 PM

[quote] How do you feel about PM Scheer, then?

It scares and depresses me - if Trudeau loses, it will be because of the fake news and lies Conservatives have spread on Social media. I have never seen this much hatred to a politician , like Trudeau - NEVER

by Anonymousreply 52January 24, 2019 10:42 PM

He's not going to get them back, R50. I know several and they don't like Trudeau. They don't like Scheer, but they really don't like Justin.

Terrible, R51. I don't want him as our PM, but it's looking like that may happen.

by Anonymousreply 53January 24, 2019 10:43 PM

I think Scheer would be down with putting Trump's face on Canadian bills.

by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2019 10:44 PM

I think the only thing that could save Trudeau is the women's vote and Millennials - If he can get them to the polls he could win.

by Anonymousreply 55January 24, 2019 10:46 PM

R47 Scheer may be a fat tub of shit, but that's where the similarity to Trump ends. I'm not even really sure what positions the CPC have under Scheer. They'll have a different approach to climate change, and maybe slightly lower immigration numbers (but still extremely high like under Harper). Beyond that, it will be much of the same. Not sure what the "downfall continues" troll is so excited about. Anyone pretending to be scared of PM Scheer (R52) at this point is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 56January 24, 2019 10:47 PM

That's the problem, R55. The cons will be out in droves to vote because they want Trudeau out with a passion. Few are that passionate about the Libs this time around so many of them will stay home.

by Anonymousreply 57January 24, 2019 10:48 PM

I think Scheer will be a one term PM if he does win this year. People will reject Trudeau, but they won't like Scheer any better. He's too bland and has no plan, vision or policy. He'll last a term and then it'll be back to the Libs.

by Anonymousreply 58January 24, 2019 10:52 PM

R42: Classic right wing projection. Repeatedly puke out downfall, denial, Trump and all the other cocking bullshit from the last thread you did this in and then accuse other of doing what you're doing.

by Anonymousreply 59January 24, 2019 10:53 PM

What people the concern trolls and deplorables in this thread ignore is the distribution of the vote and the Liberal's dominance in Quebec. Scheer can only win a few more seats in Alberta with his rising support there.

On the other hand, the NDP's collapse means that the Liberals will pick up almost every one of their 16 seats. The Bloc has also collapsed in the polling, and guess what? Every single seat the Bloc won was in a three way race with the Liberals and NDP. With the NDP down, who do you think is going to pick up those seats?

by Anonymousreply 60January 24, 2019 10:54 PM

R60: NO! Social media memes Trudeau angry Troy Blue poop fall down Hillary Trump slide land!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 61January 24, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote] who do you think is going to pick up those seats?

CAQ won the provincial Quebec election, and the Conservatives plan to copy their playbook to win those seats.

by Anonymousreply 62January 24, 2019 10:56 PM

They Libs will also lose seats in other ridings that they picked up last election only because people were sick of Harper. Several Lib ridings are in jeopardy this time around.

by Anonymousreply 63January 24, 2019 11:00 PM

That's why the seats they pick up in Quebec are critical: they will offset losses elsewhere.

The Conservatives need a strong NDP to win at this point, but Singh is a disaster, and many NDP MPs are not even going to bother to run again. If that wasn't bad enough, their fundraising has collapsed along with their polling numbers: they even had to mortgage their headquarters just to continue to operate. They probably won't even have money to run a proper campaign.

by Anonymousreply 64January 24, 2019 11:13 PM

Scheer's not going to get enough votes. Like it or not, a big part of winning elections is now based on personality and charisma. Scheer has neither. Now, if they had stuck with Rona Ambrose, the Conservatives would have a better shot at it. Even Peter MacKay would be a better choice.

Also, a while back the polls had the 905 district going Liberal. If that still holds, Scheer has no chance.

by Anonymousreply 65January 24, 2019 11:26 PM

[quote] Like it or not, a big part of winning elections is now based on personality and charisma. Scheer has neither.

Neither did Stephen Harper and he ruled Canada for ten years as PM

by Anonymousreply 66January 24, 2019 11:41 PM

Liberal minority and survival, Conservative pickup but loss, NDP collapse.

Barring big twists.

by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2019 1:15 AM

Two Syrian refugees (brought into Canada while Trudeau was PM) in 2017 arrested on Terror charges

Conservatives and Trudeau haters will jump on this, which will pull Trudeau numbers down even further

And the downfall continues...

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2019 4:54 PM

[quote] pull Trudeau numbers down even further

How come you don't post when the Liberal polling rebounds? You get excited about all this weekly noise in polling when it really doesn't mean anything. All the dramatic changes in polling happened over a year ago now.

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2019 5:41 PM

Posters have circulated at the protests warning of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's agenda on "mass Muslim immigration" and starting the "process of Sharia law

Question is how many Canadians will fall for these lies (about Justin Trudeau's agenda on "mass Muslim immigration" and starting the "process of Sharia law) - as this is one of the many reasons why Trudeau numbers are tanking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 27, 2019 2:14 AM

The resignation of the Ambassador to China today certainly has caused some challenges for Trudeau this week.

On the positive side, pollsters predict the Liberals will take away Outremont in Montreal from the NDP on February 25.

by Anonymousreply 71January 27, 2019 2:22 AM

[quote] pollsters predict the Liberals will take away Outremont in Montreal from the NDP on February 25.

That is not news, even Stevie Wonder could see that,

by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2019 2:23 AM

Well, there are no guarantees in politics, R72.

If the Liberals win back Outremont, it will still be an accomplishment for them because it could further weaken the NDP in Quebec.

by Anonymousreply 73January 27, 2019 2:26 AM

[quote] If the Liberals win back Outremont, it will still be an accomplishment for them because it could further weaken the NDP in Quebec.

the NDP are framing it as "Outremont" being a Tom Mulcair seat, and not an NDP seat.

by Anonymousreply 74January 27, 2019 2:29 AM

Meanwhile the Conservatives are texting EVERY SINGLE cellphone in Canada, in their continuation of bashing Justin Trudeau

"how did they get this number" goes, I assume they're just texting every mobile exchange. (The first 3 digits of local numbers are either assigned as mobile or landline).

Which is another reason Trudeau numbers are continuing to decline

And the downfall continues ...

by Anonymousreply 75January 27, 2019 2:58 AM

There's a close race between the Liberals & Conservatives in the latest Nanos Poll, but the NDP are down to 14%

by Anonymousreply 76January 27, 2019 3:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 27, 2019 3:48 AM

Is the woman at R77 aware that when HARPER was Prime Minister there was a TERRORIST who made it all the way into the PARLIAMENT BUILDINGS?

by Anonymousreply 78January 27, 2019 6:18 AM

R68- The only person identified as a Syrian refugee was the person who was released by the RCMP, so they clearly don't consider him a threat. No one knows if the other person is a refugee because no information can be released about him under the current law, since he's a youth.

by Anonymousreply 79January 27, 2019 7:16 AM

The deranged are blaming everything on Trudeau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2019 7:45 AM

For those outside of Canada - Michael Coren (former right-wing now progressive commentator) discusses WHY the right -wing in Canada have a visceral hatred towards Justin Trudeau

so instead of writing "and the downfall continues" I'll end my posts this way

The only way to STOP the Conservatives is NOT to vote NDP or Green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 27, 2019 6:52 PM

Absolutely, there is no reason to think Trudeau's win is assured, so there's room to waste votes on NDP and Green. The one benefit of close polling between the Liberals and CPC is that the average voter on the left will see these numbers and vote Liberal. They won't know that the Liberals actually have a very "efficient" vote and a realistic shot at getting a majority government with even a 1 or 2% lead in the popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 82January 27, 2019 7:09 PM

CBC Poll tracker

Liberals 36.8%

Conservatives 35.1%

NDP 15.2%

Green 6.9%

So again the ONLY WAY to stop the Conservatives is NOT to vote NDP or Green

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

by Anonymousreply 83January 29, 2019 12:33 AM

R83: Just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 84January 29, 2019 12:44 AM

So, R83, you're saying I should vote Green?

by Anonymousreply 85January 29, 2019 12:45 AM

I hate Tejmp but I hate Justin more. Fuck that phony piece of shit asshole.

by Anonymousreply 86January 29, 2019 12:57 AM

[quote] Just shut up.

Andrew Scheer supporter

[quote] you're saying I should vote Green?

If you read R83 it says

NOT to vote NDP or GREEN

by Anonymousreply 87January 29, 2019 1:00 AM

Trudeau is a very weak man. I watched his trip to India with interest. He dressed like he was from India. They did not appreciate it. Just be who you are and he is a fake..

by Anonymousreply 88January 29, 2019 2:03 AM

R88 so you are voting Andrew Scheer?

by Anonymousreply 89January 29, 2019 2:09 AM

R87 The NDP is floundering so bad that they risk falling behind the Greens at this point. I don’t think you have to worry about anyone voting for them.

by Anonymousreply 90January 29, 2019 2:10 AM

[quote] I don’t think you have to worry about anyone voting for them.

Pollsters are saying that if the Green move ahead of the NDP, that is bad news for the Liberals. Because every vote for the Green means a greater chance for the Conservatives to win

Which is why it is SO IMPORTANT NOT TO VOTE NDP or Green in 2019

by Anonymousreply 91January 29, 2019 2:11 AM

How would the Greens taking votes away from the NDP hurt the Liberals?

by Anonymousreply 92January 29, 2019 2:29 AM

If you think Trudeau is waltzing to re-election, you're not paying attention to the anger that is out there:

How the The Far-Right Grassroots Movement Taking Over Canada

So again the only way to STOP the Conservatives is NOT TO VOTE NDP or GREEN

DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 29, 2019 12:08 PM

Latest Nanos Numbers

Liberals at 37.6

Conservatives at 36.6

NDP at 12.8

Greens at 8.1

So again the only way to STOP the Conservatives is NOT TO VOTE NDP or GREEN

DO YOU UNDERSTAND

by Anonymousreply 94January 29, 2019 3:19 PM

What's the point of hammering that point now when the election isn't until October?

You seem unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 95January 29, 2019 5:00 PM

R95 the election campaign is on right now.

by Anonymousreply 96January 29, 2019 5:03 PM

According to the new Nanos poll that R94 posted, the NDP is really sinking.

I think those are the lowest numbers for the NDP since the 1990's.

by Anonymousreply 97January 29, 2019 9:51 PM

Amid cries of 'traitor,' Canada's Trudeau set for ugly election

So AGAIN whatever you do this election

The ONLY WAY to STOP the Conservatives is NOT TO VOTE NDP or Green

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 31, 2019 7:41 PM

New poll from Mainstreet Research

37% - LIBERAL

35% - CONSERVATIVE

12% - NDP

7% - GREEN

4% - PEOPLE'S PARTY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 31, 2019 8:10 PM

The left-wing (NDP supporting) magazine "The Tyee hold Justin Trudeau ONE HUNDRED PERCENT responsible for the rise of alt-right populism in Canada - saying it is NOT Donald Trump, but Justin Trudeau who is responsible for it infesting into Canada

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 2, 2019 10:59 PM

Well, if you look at the newest poll above, the NDP has the worst polling numbers its had in many years.

The latest seat projection at CBC by Eric Grenier shows the NDP barely holding onto Official Party Status.

by Anonymousreply 101February 2, 2019 11:31 PM

The former NDP leader is openly trashing the current NDP, saying the Greens could leech a lot of their support. There's no real point in voting NDP at this point: they're not going to be a major voice in Parliament with Singh at the helm.

by Anonymousreply 102February 3, 2019 8:20 PM

NDP is pointing to the fact that Justin Trudeau was in 3rd place four years ago this month, and 8 months later he was PM

by Anonymousreply 103February 3, 2019 8:24 PM

This is Canada’s 2016.

by Anonymousreply 104February 3, 2019 8:30 PM

R103, very different circumstances.

Trudeau held the lead in the polls for 2 years between Spring 2013 & Spring 2015. He was only in 3rd for a few months during the Summer of 2015.

Plus, the Liberals had a history of forming governments in Canada going back to the late 1800's, and Trudeau was the son of the most famous Prime Minister in Canadian history.

Singh has none of those things going for him.

by Anonymousreply 105February 3, 2019 10:12 PM

Mulcair’s Green party musing exposes the NDP’s troubles:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 4, 2019 8:26 PM

NANOS - Feb 5, 2019

38% LIB

36% CON

13% NDP

8% GRN

3% BQ

2% PPC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 5, 2019 8:27 PM

How big is Justin's uncut penis?

by Anonymousreply 108February 5, 2019 10:03 PM

Above average, R108.

by Anonymousreply 109February 5, 2019 10:06 PM

CBC polling analyst Eric Grenier says NDP support is collapsing in Quebec:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 6, 2019 7:23 PM

Yeah, Liberals really need to pick up those lost NDP Quebec seats to offset losses in other provinces.

by Anonymousreply 111February 7, 2019 4:06 AM

Nik Nanos with his latest federal party tracking numbers. It's a dead heat between the Liberals and Conservatives

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 7, 2019 8:41 PM

So is Justin going to keep his job or not??!

by Anonymousreply 113February 7, 2019 8:59 PM

Conservatives are pretty smug today as they FINALLY feel they have the ammunition to bring down Justin Trudeau once and for all.

The Globe and Mail reported anonymous sources said PMO officials pressured Wilson-Raybould while she was Attorney General to push the federal Public Prosecution Service of Canada, which was handling a corruption and fraud prosecution of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., to abandon the criminal prosecution in favour of a remediation agreement —which often results in a corporation paying a fine after admitting culpability.

Wilson-Raybould was shuffled from her post in January to Veterans Affairs in a move that drew surprise and criticism from Indigenous political and legal quarters.

So now the Conservatives are popping open the champagne bottles, convinced that FINALLY they can bring Trudeau down and he will suffer a massive defeat. While the Conservative will cruise to victory.

So it is over for Trudeau and smooth sailing for Andrew Scheer?

by Anonymousreply 114February 7, 2019 10:28 PM

CBC aggregated polls

Liberal - 37.4

Conservative - 34.3

NDP - 13.6

Green 7.2

Bloc - 3.7

PPC - 1.8

by Anonymousreply 115February 12, 2019 8:29 PM

Globe broke SNC-Lavalin/PMO story on Feb.7. Latest Nanos federal poll includes data collected through Feb. 8:

Liberals 38,

Conservatives 34,

NDP 13,

Green 7,

People’s 2

by Anonymousreply 116February 12, 2019 8:32 PM

So you're saying I should vote Bloc Quebecois? Anyway Justin's been great for the trans so I'm sure all those votes will pull him out of the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 117February 12, 2019 8:45 PM

The trans?

by Anonymousreply 118February 12, 2019 9:48 PM

Les transsexuelles, R118?

by Anonymousreply 119February 12, 2019 9:56 PM

As the saying goes, it's not the crime, it's the cover up. If Trudeau did anything wrong, he should have admitted it immediately, apologized then resigned as PM. He should have been overly contrite and overly apologetic and overly humble. He should have also confessed to doing MORE than he actually did [assuming he did anything wrong].

If he had gone "over the top" like that, he could have come back as PM because you can always get forgiveness if you appear to be even more remorseful than needed for the wrongdoing.

by Anonymousreply 120February 13, 2019 5:58 PM

Well, R120, he did that for the "Elbowgate" incident in Parliament a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 121February 13, 2019 9:22 PM

The opposition is acting very deranged going down on Trudeau like a ton of bricks - problem is the last time they acted this deranged was Elbowgate, and that backfired. because it just boosted his numbers higher because people thought was a witch hunt

Yes he acted contrite and apologized, however it was more the opposition politicizing this and going full out deranged, that turned people off

I get the sense the same thing is going to happen. The opposition should be more rational in their investigation. But what it looks like is more desperation, to bring him down. Which will turn voters off.

by Anonymousreply 122February 13, 2019 9:26 PM

What are they saying in the Quebec media, R122?

Because it's Quebec that will determine the election in October.

Will Trudeau's lead in Quebec hold up?

by Anonymousreply 123February 13, 2019 9:28 PM

[quote] What are they saying in the Quebec media

The Quebec media is PRAISING Justin Trudeau. the way the story is playing in that province is that Trudeau is trying to save 10K jobs and a company that is crucial to the Quebec economy

So yes the opposition should go after Trudeau - but this deranged hatred they are putting on, will turn off Quebec voters, so it makes no sense for the Conservatives and NDP to go this hard, because both of them need Quebec seats.

by Anonymousreply 124February 13, 2019 9:30 PM

So is this Quebec company similar to Starbucks or Amazon except on a smaller scale? Because if you need Quebec to win the election, then I can see why the government would do whatever they could to save it from going under even if they had to break the rules. Not that it's right, but it's the reality of winning an election.

by Anonymousreply 125February 13, 2019 10:22 PM

R125, Quebec is important for the Liberals to win power nationally in Canada, yes.

The Conservatives don't need to win Quebec because they have a lot of seats in Western Canada and rural Ontario.

by Anonymousreply 126February 14, 2019 5:26 AM

Latest Nanos federal poll (taken during the SNC headlines & ending February 15, 2019)

Liberals 38

Conservatives 32

NDP 14

Green 8

People’s 2

by Anonymousreply 127February 19, 2019 3:01 PM

However another poll released (by Ipsos) shows a different story with polling down in wake of SNC-Lavalin

Cons 36% Up 2%

Libs 34% Down 4%

NDP 17% Down 1%

Support for the Trudeau Liberals is now at 34 per cent of decided and leaning voters, down four percentage points from a poll Ipsos did in December. In the 2015 election, the Trudeau Liberals won their commanding majority with 39 per cent of the vote.

Scheer’s Conservatives appear to have benefited from this slide. That party is now at 36 per cent support, up three points since the end of 2018.

“The big trouble spot is now Ontario, where the Tories have a six point lead over the Liberals,” said Bricker. “The way the vote breaks in Ontario suggests that the Tories are doing well in the 905, where the Liberals won their majority in 2015.”

The NDP and its leader Jagmeet Singh, meanwhile, continue to languish, with 17 per cent support right now versus 18 per cent at year-end.

And yet, Trudeau is still doing better than his two main rivals, Scheer and Singh, who continue to have lower approval ratings than Trudeau.

“All is not bad for Trudeau,” Bricker said. “When assessed head to head with his major rivals, Scheer and Singh, he still does well on specific leadership attributes. Although the gap appears to be closing now.”

And just 38 per cent of those surveyed believe the Trudeau Liberals deserve re-election, while 62 per cent agreed that it was time to give another party a chance at governing.

Again read this

"62 per cent agreed that it was time to give another party a chance at governing."

So AGAIN the only way to STOP the Conservatives IS NOT to vote NDP or Green

DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!

by Anonymousreply 128February 19, 2019 3:03 PM

I'm surprised. Those are pretty good numbers for the Liberals under the circumstances.

They are leading in the Nanos poll, and only marginally behind in Ipsos, despite the fact it leans Conservative.

by Anonymousreply 129February 20, 2019 5:18 AM

[quote] They are leading in the Nanos poll, and only marginally behind in Ipsos, despite the fact it leans Conservative.

New poll shows Liberals behind

New Leger Poll taken during SNC Headlines (Feb. 15 to Feb. 19)

Conservatives 36%

Liberals 34%

NDP 12%

Green 8%

People’s 4%

Leger says it's interesting that Scheer is not picking up the slack, he said.

“There’s nobody right now that’s capturing the minds and hearts of Canadians and probably explains why voting intentions are so close while we see that the prime minister is actually showing signs of weakening in terms of support,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 20, 2019 4:47 PM

According to John Ivison, the whole storm-in-a-teacup looks like it's reached the end so the polls will likely go back up to where they were before SNC.

by Anonymousreply 131February 20, 2019 5:34 PM

The only good news with these dropping polls is that Trudeau is still ahead in the preferred PM poll (Nanos has him double digits ahead of Andrew Scheer)

by Anonymousreply 132February 20, 2019 5:37 PM

But Canadians don't vote for Prime Minister.

by Anonymousreply 133February 20, 2019 5:41 PM

R133 I know that, but Justin Trudeau us leader of the LIBERAL party - so a vote for them, is a vote for Justin Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 134February 20, 2019 5:43 PM

[quote]According to John Ivison, the whole storm-in-a-teacup looks like it's reached the end so the polls will likely go back up to where they were before SNC.

John Ivison is usually a Conservative shill, so I'm surprised he would put a positive spin on this for the Liberals.

by Anonymousreply 135February 20, 2019 7:57 PM

[quote][R133] I know that, but Justin Trudeau us leader of the LIBERAL party - so a vote for them, is a vote for Justin Trudeau.

That's not how Canadians vote, hon.

by Anonymousreply 136February 20, 2019 8:14 PM

On Monday the Liberals will probably win the Outremont by-election and take the seat away from the NDP, so that will be some good news for them.

Whether it's enough to change the channel, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 137February 20, 2019 8:17 PM

New polling for Quebec ONLY

New Mainstreet Poll (Feb 17 in wake of SNC)

Liberals - 34.6%

Conservatives - 18.2%

Bloc - 14.9%

NDP - 7.2%

Green - 5.1%

PPC - 3.8%

Other findings

49% say Gov't SHOULD NOT intervene in SNC

55% DON'T believe Trudeau story

50% are NOT satisfied with Trudeau explanation

by Anonymousreply 138February 22, 2019 8:42 PM

Meanwhile new poll shows many Canadians believe Canada is doing worse under Trudeau Liberals

It seems to me that the media in Canada want an Andrew Scheer government as they are doing everything they can to discredit Trudeau - maybe they don't like his international profile and feel THEY should be the ones covering Trudeau and NOT the international media

whatever the reason they are turning on him, and propping up Andrew Scheer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 22, 2019 8:44 PM

How many fucking threads are you going to keep posting about this?

by Anonymousreply 140February 22, 2019 8:49 PM

R138, the good news for the Liberals in that Quebec poll is that although their numbers are a bit down, the NDP appears to have completely collapsed to single digits.

Liberals will most likely win the Outremont by-election on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 141February 22, 2019 8:55 PM

R140 why are you assuming this is going to be a cakewalk for Trudeau to win

Are you that in that denial or dense?

by Anonymousreply 142February 22, 2019 8:56 PM

God please, save hottie Justin Trudeau! Fucking Canadians. I will boycott Canada forever if he loses.

by Anonymousreply 143February 22, 2019 9:00 PM

[quote] Fucking Canadians. I will boycott Canada forever if he loses.

He if fails in October he didn't lose - rather the right-wing propaganda social media machine and the media won to bring him down, over the most trivial scandals.

by Anonymousreply 144February 22, 2019 9:04 PM

Well, it can't all be blamed on the right-wing media.

It's true that the Canadian media is more conservative-owned then when Pierre Trudeau was Prime Minister, but some of these problems are self-inflicted.

Eg. Trudeau & Butts should have handled the SNC-Lavalin issue better.

by Anonymousreply 145February 22, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote] Eg. Trudeau & Butts should have handled the SNC-Lavalin issue better.

You don't this is a little over-kill by the media? This is nothing compared to what Trump has done, and yet media acts as if he killed someone!

by Anonymousreply 146February 22, 2019 9:35 PM

That's true, R146. The Canadian media does sometimes exaggerate scandals -- I'm not a conservative or a Harper fan, but the Canadian media also built up the Mike Duffy scandal. Although it was unethical for Harper's chief of staff to secretly pay Duffy $90,000, it was relatively minor and yet it was made into the biggest Canadian scandal of the century.

But the point is that although the SNC-Lavalin issue may be minor compared to Trump's corruption, or that in other countries, it's considered big in *Canadian* terms.

by Anonymousreply 147February 22, 2019 9:41 PM

So where are all those DLers who insists that we hand-wringers are just making a mountain out of a molehill, and that Trudeau has re-election in a walk?

Where are you now?

by Anonymousreply 148February 22, 2019 9:59 PM

Chantal Hebert says

Based on those numbers, the odds that the prime minister can ever win a majority over to his version of events range from slim to non-existent, notwithstanding all that may yet happen over the next few days and all that came to light this past week.

So where are all those DLers who insists that we hand-wringers are just making a mountain out of a molehill, and that Trudeau has re-election in a walk?

Where are you now?

by Anonymousreply 149February 22, 2019 10:05 PM

Is that from her column today, R149?

What did they say on the 'At Issue' panel on CBC last night?

by Anonymousreply 150February 23, 2019 12:30 AM

Well, today is Byelection day in Canada.

Liberals will probably take back Outremont from the NDP, Conservatives will hold York-Simcoe, and Singh will probably finally win a seat in Burnaby.

The bad news for Singh though is that although he will finally get into the House, 2 more Quebec NDP MP's announced they are quitting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 25, 2019 8:53 PM

New aggravated poll shows Trudeau will lose the election by one seat

So where are all those DLers who kept on saying there was NO WAY the Conservatives would win, That Trudeau has this in the bag and it wil be a cakewalk

where are those DLers? All of a sudden they are SILENT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 26, 2019 1:43 AM

Which seats is he projected to lose, R152?

by Anonymousreply 153February 26, 2019 1:52 AM

Canada needs to focus on the election methodology: conservatives have to steal to win, but it's easy in Canada because nobody in Halifax has a fucking clue what people in Winnipeg think.

by Anonymousreply 154February 26, 2019 1:56 AM

Liberals way ahead in the early results from Outremont:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155February 26, 2019 2:06 AM

Networks call Outremont for the Liberals:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 26, 2019 2:55 AM

Singh (NDP) is leading in Burnaby South, the Liberals 2nd, Conservatives 3rd.

(looks like Maxime Bernier's People's Party is taking some votes away from the Cons).

by Anonymousreply 157February 26, 2019 3:00 AM

The SNC scandal isn't going to sink the Liberals. Voters may not like how the Liberals are handling it, they may think Trudeau is lying about what happened...but whether that convinces them to vote for the Conservatives is another matter.

Has any poll come out asking voters who they intend to vote for in the next election?

The Duffy thing was similar for Harper but Harper's problem was that it wasn't just Duffy- it was video of federal scientists on Parliament Hill in their lab coats, the ill-conceived "Barbaric Cultural Practice Hotline" and Harper thinking that doing a campaign stop with Rob Ford was a good idea. Combine that with Harper being PM for too long, and that's how he lost.

by Anonymousreply 158February 26, 2019 4:36 AM

Yeah, it's not the best night for Scheer & the Conservatives.

They easily held onto York, but everyone knew they would because it's a Conservative stronghold.

What's not good for the Cons is that they finished in single digits in Outremont (Montreal), and finished 3rd in Burnaby because the People's Party took 10% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 159February 26, 2019 5:50 AM

Given the size of Trudeau's ego, I can't imagine how he gets his head past a door frame.

by Anonymousreply 160February 26, 2019 5:56 AM

R160, I agree that Trudeau can have a big ego sometimes.

But I would still go to town on that ass:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 26, 2019 6:07 AM

R161 Take a number.

by Anonymousreply 162February 26, 2019 6:12 AM

[quote] The SNC scandal isn't going to sink the Liberals. Voters may not like how the Liberals are handling it, they may think Trudeau is lying about what happened...but whether that convinces them to vote for the Conservatives is another matter.

Wishful thinking - new Angus Reid poll shows Conservatives opening up a seven lead over the Liberals

Conservatives - 38%

Liberals - 31%

NDP - 14%

I've told people here over and over and over again Canadians were getting tired of the Trudeau fluff. It might play well on the International stage (and in the beginning Canadians were proud Canada was being noticed) but Canadians want substance - they want some who is serious about the economy. So it is obvious many "Blue" Liberals have switched to the Conservatives

SO AGAIN - where are all those DLers who poo-pooed the idea and the Conservatives could win. Saying that Trudeau would get a second mandate, and he would win in a cakewalk

So where are those DLers now?!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163February 26, 2019 1:07 PM

Angus Reid has been one of the worst pollsters for the Liberals for a long time.

Its numbers are out of whack with other pollsters, particularly its Quebec numbers.

That doesn't mean that the Liberals haven't declined, but the Angus Reid numbers aren't credible, particularly after the Liberals performed well in last night's byelections.

by Anonymousreply 164February 26, 2019 1:09 PM

Justin has a trust fund to fall back on. He'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 165February 26, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote] I mean he thought Clinton was going to win in a landslide!

The whole word thought Clinton would win a landslide dearest Deplorable. Of course, little did the world know the election would be hacked by Russia and friends.

by Anonymousreply 166February 26, 2019 6:18 PM

Here's what has me slightly nervous. The traditional telephone polls over the past two weeks have shown the Liberals and Conservatives with an average of 2 to 4 points difference. Online polls, however, have all shown the Conservatives with a larger lead. A lot of people tend to poo-poo online polls yet in 2016 it was online polls that proved to be more accurate than the telephone or in-person polls. It was online polls that indicated the leave side would win the Brexit referendum in the week before the vote, and it was online polls that in the final days of the Presidential race showed the electoral college was a toss up. IMO, people seem to be more honest in their voting intentions in an online poll because it's completely anonymous. We know that some Brexit and Trump supporters lied in telephone polls.

by Anonymousreply 167February 26, 2019 10:21 PM

Chantal Hébert's column today:

Little to celebrate for any party in Monday’s byelections

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 26, 2019 10:24 PM

Now a new poll has come out saying that Andrew Scheer is more ethical than Justin Trudeau!

SO AGAIN - where are all those DLers who poo-pooed the idea and the Conservatives could win. Saying that Trudeau would get a second mandate, and he would win in a cakewalk

So where are those DLers now?!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169February 26, 2019 10:47 PM

R169, we get your point.

No need to keep shouting.

Trudeau has his challenges, but so does Scheer, as Chantal Hebert's column above shows.

And Singh should be worried he's only at 6% in that Ethics poll.

by Anonymousreply 170February 26, 2019 10:52 PM

R170 then why are DLers still in denial about this?

by Anonymousreply 171February 26, 2019 11:02 PM

Hey concern troll. I'm with you and always have been. I've been nervous about this since Trump won but it's been even more obvious (imo) that the Libs have been in trouble for the last two years. Just take a look at any online comment section or social media - lots of hate directed at the Libs, especially at Trudeau. I mean, he's even getting death threats on the regular now. The Cons are employing American style tactics and have Rebel media doing their PR. No mainstream Canadian media is calling them on their lies and misinformation. I'm afraid the Libs aren't even going to get a minority this time round. I don't have a good feeling about Oct.

by Anonymousreply 172February 26, 2019 11:11 PM

R172 I created a new threat about the JT death threats and everyone there accused me as a Russian Troll

by Anonymousreply 173February 26, 2019 11:12 PM

I created one about the Yellow Vests in Canada. Never saw your thread though, (or maybe I forgot??), R173.

by Anonymousreply 174February 26, 2019 11:15 PM

I just posted it and the push-back was so hard, i let it die a natural death and it has dropped off in popularity

by Anonymousreply 175February 26, 2019 11:16 PM

Thread promised Justin's pole. I see no pole.

0/10 would not open again.

by Anonymousreply 176February 26, 2019 11:16 PM

R173 You’re not a Russian troll, but you definitely seem unwell...mentally.

by Anonymousreply 177February 26, 2019 11:16 PM

R177 The prospect of Trump style politics have driven everyone crazy

by Anonymousreply 178February 26, 2019 11:17 PM

Le Justine is screwed.

by Anonymousreply 179February 28, 2019 9:24 PM

Justin is the clear choice. What he needs is a nice feel good story to make Canada root for him once again.

Nothing a good PR firm can't fix but he needs to hurry up and hustle before those numbers deep even more.

by Anonymousreply 180February 28, 2019 9:34 PM

It's hard to understand this whole issue. But looking at the stats, it seems like SNC is a massively important company and is an investor in the Quebec Pension Plan. So, suppose Trudeau said nothing, SNC was financially crippled because of litigation....what would then happen to the QPP?? Along with every other entity tied to SNC???

Wouldn't it be like a domino effect? Other provinces are financially tied to Quebec as well, so every province would suffer financially. Job loss and financial loss in Quebec would reverberate right through the country.

And it's a little hypocritical of the Conservatives to throw Trudeau into the fire about doing this to try and save jobs when they're mantra about pipelines is always focused on how good it would be for job creation. They can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 181March 1, 2019 12:00 AM

The one good thing for Trudeau is that the NDP is still in disarray.

Another NDP MP announced today that he is packing it in. Murray Rankin (Victoria) on the West Coast.

The Greens finished a strong 2nd in 2015, so this gives Elizabeth May a chance at finally electing a 2nd Green MP to the House of Commons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 1, 2019 12:33 AM

Pollster Frank Graves:

[quote]For those on the edge of their seats waiting for polling impacts of yesterday pyrotechnics (and 2 week's prior kerfuffle) here's the update. Flat line,nothing.The impacts may start revealing themselves in vote intention but so far zero effects evident .About 700 cases last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183March 1, 2019 6:09 AM

New poll - looks like Trudeau will be turfed after one mandate - one of the first PM in history not to get a second mandate

Conservatives - 40%

Liberals - 31%

NDP 20%

In addition Liberal support in Quebec has been cut in HALF

Liberals 35%

Conservatives - 29% (and climbing)

What shocks me is that right-wing politicians like Donald Trump and Doug Ford have done FAR WORST than Trudeau - but the problem is that the right-wing propaganda machine in Canada (helped immensely by MSM) is fueling this story. Now if a Conservative politician had done what Trudeau had done, this the right-wing propaganda machine in Canada would be praising him for being such strong divisive leader!

Looks like we should prepare ourselves for a Prime Minister Andrew Scheer.

by Anonymousreply 184March 5, 2019 12:29 PM

The Ipsos poll also shows the Liberals 20 points back in the 905, where they currently hold almost all the seats. It’s one poll and eight months out, but that cannot become a trend for them.

by Anonymousreply 185March 5, 2019 12:34 PM

But the new Nanos Poll gives me a bit of hope (though it is a rolling poll with data aggravated from 3 weeks ago)

Preferred PM - Trudeau 35% Scheer 25%

Qualities of a Good Political Leader Trudeau 52% Scheer 39%

But for voting intentions Conservatives 35% Liberals 34%

by Anonymousreply 186March 5, 2019 12:38 PM

Justin Trudeau should just wear a speedo every day. That would help his poll numbers.

by Anonymousreply 187March 5, 2019 12:48 PM

R184, R185, R186 -- keep in mind that Ipsos is a conservative pollster run by Darryl Bricker (a conservative). It historically has lower poll numbers for the Liberals than other pollsters.

This has been going on all the way back to 2000 when their final election poll showed Jean Chretien would only win a Minority, whereas he won a big Majority.

by Anonymousreply 188March 6, 2019 12:02 AM

Trudeau & Butts in their college days:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189March 6, 2019 1:08 AM

R184- Scheer will be in a fight with Lindsay Graham to see who can lick Trump's ass harder.

by Anonymousreply 190March 6, 2019 3:01 AM

[quote] Charm will not extricate Canada’s Justin Trudeau from a spreading political mess. Only honest answers will.

The international press is a fickle mistress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191March 6, 2019 3:12 AM

Big morning coming up.

Gerald Butts is due to testify at the Justice Committee.

by Anonymousreply 192March 6, 2019 11:02 AM

[quote]Gerald Butts is due to testify at the Justice Committee.

At the link: Key moments from Gerald Butts's SNC-Lavalin testimony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 6, 2019 6:12 PM

New polling

Nanos

Conservatives - 34.7%

Liberals - 34.2 %

NDP - 15.5%

Green - 9.1%

Forum

Conservatives - 42%

Liberal - 33%

NDP - 12%

Green - 5%

Best PM

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer - 31%

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau - 26%

Approval

Justin Trudeau Disapproval - 60% Approval - 30%

Andrew Scheer Disapproval - 34% Approval - 34%

Abacus

Conservatives 36%

Liberals 30%

NDP 16%

Green 10%

Ipsos

Conservatives - 40%

Liberal - 31%

NDP - 20%

Green - 5%

(62%) of Canadians agree (29% strongly/33% somewhat) that Prime Minister Trudeau has lost the moral authority to govern and MUST RESIGN

So really it is CRYSTAL CLEAR and there is NO confusion and NO misunderstanding. We will have a NEW Prime Minister in October and his name will be Andrew Scheer (picture below) These numbers and this polling DOES NOT LIE

So you cannot be in denial any longer. Which people have been saying for the past year, but DLers have ignored it. Now you cannot ignore it any longer as these number DON'T LIE - Justin Trudeau will be turfed come October. And there is no doubt about it as the NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Andrew Scheer will be Prime Minister of Canada in October. End of story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 6, 2019 6:23 PM

R194: Fuck you troll. Nine months is an eternity. Also what are the margins of error for all these polls? Again, fuck you. Your support for the Conservative Party is noted and dismissed, AS ARE YOU. Your SICK obsession with claiming that a scandal no one saw coming is proof that all your retarded rambling in the summer and fall was right all along is SICK. Again, fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 195March 6, 2019 6:51 PM

R195 - it is 7 months and two weeks

by Anonymousreply 196March 6, 2019 6:53 PM

[quote]PM @JustinTrudeau will deliver remarks & answer questions at the National Press Theatre tomorrow morning at 8AM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 6, 2019 11:33 PM

I didn't watch GB's testimony - was he convincing enough?

I also didn't watch JWR's testimony....but I read that she said Trudeau didn't break any law? Really...so why is this even an issue then???

by Anonymousreply 198March 7, 2019 2:33 AM

Some commentators say that Butts was well prepared and calm and logical and was able to refute Raybould's points without bashing her.

But the whole episode has definitely damaged Trudeau as his numbers are down even in pollsters that are usually good for the Liberals.

He is going to be making some statements tomorrow morning to try and regain control of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 199March 7, 2019 5:00 AM

Trudeau is feeling the hit polling wise. Approval disapproval spread now 16 points to the negative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200March 9, 2019 10:34 PM

New Abacus poll today.

As David Coletto of Abacus explains, Trudeau seems to be recovering from the low he hit last week and is now in a close race with the Conservatives again:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 11, 2019 8:48 PM

ABACUS (MARCH 8 - MARCH 10)

CONSERVATIVE - 34

LIBERAL - 32

NDP - 16

GREEN - 11

by Anonymousreply 202March 11, 2019 8:49 PM

Continued fallout. The Clerk of the Privy Council, Michael Wernik “retired” today after having lost the confidence of the opposition leaders.

by Anonymousreply 203March 18, 2019 11:58 PM

R203, and this affects the polls how?

by Anonymousreply 204March 18, 2019 11:58 PM

Negatively.

by Anonymousreply 205March 19, 2019 12:06 AM

Well what are the latest polls saying?

by Anonymousreply 206March 19, 2019 12:08 AM

Is Justin crying yet?

by Anonymousreply 207March 19, 2019 12:09 AM

[quote]The Clerk of the Privy Council, Michael Wernik “retired” today after having lost the confidence of the opposition leaders.

His recent public speculation that someone was going to get murdered on the campaign trail pretty well said it all. Puppet.

by Anonymousreply 208March 19, 2019 12:16 AM

Not to mention his citing of mean tweets as “witness intimidation.”

by Anonymousreply 209March 19, 2019 12:17 AM

Trudeau appointed former Liberal Justice Minister Anne McClennan as an advisor on the SNC-Lavalin situation.

I'm surprised he did this because it allows the Conservatives to attack him for making a partisan appointment.

by Anonymousreply 210March 19, 2019 12:20 AM

Interesting that the National Post - not exactly a friend of Trudeau- came out with a column criticizing Scheer for his inadequate statement of support for NZ- he didn't mention the word "Muslim" and then when he was roasted for that, he came out with a second statement that just underlines how bad the first statement was. Then the NP mentions Scheer and the recent "Pizzagate" misstep, and something called "United We Roll" that apparently had a lot of anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant support.

Coyne seems to be clueless as to why Scheer is making these missteps - but maybe not so clueless, as Coyne brings up the Conservatives old dog whistle of creating a Barbaric Cultural Practice hotline.

It wouldn't surprise me if Scheer tries to revive that one.

by Anonymousreply 211March 19, 2019 4:30 AM

While I am a member of the Liberal Party, last election I voted NDP. I thought -- and still think -- Justin Trudeau is too immature, too inexperience, in short, a lightweight.

To be honest, I wish Jack Layton was still alive

by Anonymousreply 212March 19, 2019 5:00 AM

Trudeau has proven to be so corrupt (scandal after scandal). I guess like father (Castro) like son.

by Anonymousreply 213March 19, 2019 5:05 AM

It's fine to criticize Trudeau, R213, but bringing up that right-wing Castro is Trudeau's real father conspiracy is ridiculous.

Snopes did a whole piece a couple years ago showing why it is almost impossible for Castro to be Trudeau's father.

by Anonymousreply 214March 19, 2019 5:07 AM

Latest Leger poll: Trudeau behind at 31 vs Cons at 37. Two months in and the story still has legs. SNC CEO denies threatened job losses and HQ move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 23, 2019 5:10 PM

[quote]Being born in Canada I have never, ever seen this much hatred and vile detestation towards a politician. It is totally unreal.

You are too young to remember Trudeau the elder after the National Energy Policy or the War Measures Act. The hatred against Trudeau in the West and Quebec was crazy town.

[quote]Trudeau appointed former Liberal Justice Minister Anne McClennan as an advisor on the SNC-Lavalin situation.

Landslide Annie is Liberal but she's also a westerner and she's generally a respected figure, so she provides him some cover.

I can't stand Justin but I will vote Liberal next fall. The Conservatives need to get back to the centre. I don't think they're going there. If I had my wish, Trudeau would step aside and let somebody else lead, but that isn't happening. So I will vote for the lesser of the three evils.

by Anonymousreply 216March 23, 2019 5:27 PM

R216, Pierre Trudeau wasn't hated in Quebec at that time. He swept Quebec in every election until 1980. It was after 1980 that things went wrong for him there.

by Anonymousreply 217March 23, 2019 8:33 PM

R216, she’s not a Westerner. She is from Nova Scotia. She moved West to teach. Her perspectives are not Albertan.

by Anonymousreply 218March 23, 2019 8:48 PM

R218, Anne is considered a Westerner now. She represented Alberta for years when she was a cabinet minister under Chretien and Martin.

by Anonymousreply 219March 23, 2019 8:50 PM

No, she isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 220March 23, 2019 9:01 PM

I also know she represented Alberta. She ran in the riding my grandmother lived in. My grandmother voted for her in the election when she won by two votes.

She was my contracts prof in law school.

by Anonymousreply 221March 23, 2019 9:03 PM

What was she like as a Law prof, R221?

by Anonymousreply 222March 23, 2019 10:13 PM

She was a very good professor. Very loud, though.

by Anonymousreply 223March 24, 2019 12:19 AM

R223, yeah, I've seen clips of her from Parliament, and she did have a screechy voice.

by Anonymousreply 224March 24, 2019 1:03 AM

NANOS

(April 2nd):

LPC: 35%

CPC: 35%

NDP: 17%

Greens: 8%

Bloc Quebecois: 4%

People's Party: 1%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225April 2, 2019 7:49 PM

NANOS Poll:

(April 12th):

Conservative: 35

Liberal: 33

NDP: 17

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226April 12, 2019 10:18 PM

So according to Nanos anyway, it's still a close race between the Conservatives & the Liberals.

The NDP is still a distant 3rd, so Trudeau still has a shot at winning in October, although perhaps with a Minority.

by Anonymousreply 227April 12, 2019 10:33 PM

New Trudeau video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 15, 2019 9:30 PM

New poll shows that support for PM Trudeau, Liberals has plunged

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 29, 2019 8:09 PM

In the link at R229 the political scientist says people are TIRING of Justin Trudeau and Andrew Scheer popularity is RISING and people are tired of Trudeau none answers

Plus the political scientist says there is NO WAY for Trudeau to turn this around

So for Justin Trudeau is OVER - Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 230April 29, 2019 8:12 PM

What is the pollster?

Because some pollsters lean more Conservative than others.

by Anonymousreply 231April 29, 2019 8:13 PM

R230: Hey cinnamon roll, your thread got shut down because you're a retard troll so you attempt to resurrect this troll thread. And using the exact same language that got your last thread blown out, like we wouldn't notice. Never change you precious little TimBit.

by Anonymousreply 232April 29, 2019 8:15 PM

Political Scientist at the R229 says Canadians like Andrew Scheer better than Justin Trudeau - end of story

So for Justin Trudeau is OVER - Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 233April 29, 2019 8:15 PM

R232 so the video at R229 is just propaganda? Yes or no?

by Anonymousreply 234April 29, 2019 8:16 PM

R233: IF we chip in here at DL to get your a male hooker who looks like Scheer and shows up to your place dressed as him with pipeline lapel pins and anti-carbon tax screes in his pocket, will you finally shut the fuck up so you can have your ultimate sexual fantasy fulfilled?

by Anonymousreply 235April 29, 2019 8:18 PM

R230: I just watched that video and NOTHING you said was in that video. YOU LYING SKANK!

by Anonymousreply 236April 29, 2019 8:24 PM

Nothing is over until the election campaign happens.

As we saw in 2015, big changes can happen.

Trudeau & the Liberals went from 3rd to 1st.

by Anonymousreply 237April 29, 2019 8:29 PM

Justin Trudeau dips below 30% in the polls, lowest ever

The Conservatives have led in the polls since February, moving ahead of the Liberals as their support dropped in the wake of the SNC-Lavalin affair. The Conservatives would likely win the most seats if an election were held today, but whether it would be a majority is a toss-up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 3, 2019 7:19 PM

New data from Nik Nanos - Anger at the Federal Government is WAY up (especially in Ontario) People have been telling Nanos research that people feels that Ottawa is broken (gridlock, but in reality it is Conservatives being obstructionist) - Which Andrew Scheer will say only way to fix is elect him as a Conservative Prime Minister who can work better with Conservative Premiers across Canada

by Anonymousreply 239May 3, 2019 7:21 PM

If Canada decides to elect their own version of Trump this year, that is very foolish.

But I guess some people never learn.

by Anonymousreply 240May 3, 2019 7:38 PM

Today's Angus Reid Poll

Justin Trudeau 28% approve, 67% disapprove, 5% undecided

Andrew Scheer 40% approve, 46% disapprove, 14% undecided

Jagmeet Singh 34% approve, 45% disapprove, 21% undecided

by Anonymousreply 241May 3, 2019 8:55 PM

R241, as CBC polling analyst Eric Grenier pointed out, Angus Reid is the worst pollster for the Liberals.

It had Trudeau at low numbers even several years ago when he was doing well.

by Anonymousreply 242May 3, 2019 8:57 PM

R242 - thanks for giving me a boost right now, I just can't understand why everyone hates Justin Trudeau - compared to the other two as they are duds, both of them.

by Anonymousreply 243May 3, 2019 8:59 PM

R243, Angus Reid's numbers are definitely suspect -- no other pollster has them that low. They are like the Rasmussen of Canadian polling.

However, support for Trudeau & the Liberals is obviously down.

There does seem to be a movement towards right-wing parties in a lot of places right now.

by Anonymousreply 244May 3, 2019 9:03 PM

R244 from the other polls I've seen the Liberals are still competitive - only 3 to 5 points behind the Conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 245May 3, 2019 9:06 PM

Yes, R245.

The Liberals are behind, but they aren't way down in the mid-20's like Angus Reid has them.

Angus Reid never admits they have an anti-Liberal lean in their polling.

by Anonymousreply 246May 3, 2019 9:08 PM

If Canadians can't figure out that Scheer and the Conservatives are just a more polite version of Trump and the GOP, then they'll deserve all the pain that's coming to them.

by Anonymousreply 247May 4, 2019 7:12 AM

Why did they vote for Trudeau when they could have just kept Harper for another term? There's no difference between Harper and Scheer so why did voters bother switching parties in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 248May 4, 2019 7:14 AM

R248, Harper had been Prime Minister for 10 years and was never really that popular, plus the non-conservative voters (Liberal & NDP) finally got behind the Trudeau Liberals and found a way to take down the Conservatives when Trudeau ran a good campaign.

by Anonymousreply 249May 4, 2019 6:45 PM

Canadians need to take a good hard look at what voting for Scheer will get them. Trump has aligned himself with world dictators - he just tweeted support for Kim Jong Un- and his administration is showing how they view the rule of law. Law and the idea of democracy don't exist under Trump and Scheer will fall into the same line because of the party he represents.

The upcoming election isn't about Trudeau vs Scheer. It's about democracy vs. dictatorship.

by Anonymousreply 250May 4, 2019 7:46 PM

A new 338Canada projection has the Tories safely in majority territory

The latest electoral model has the Conservatives winning 174 seats, while the Liberals face big losses in Ontario and Atlantic Canada

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 6, 2019 1:25 AM

The Green Party won the federal by-election in British Columbia tonight.

Elizabeth May will now have companion in the House of Commons:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252May 7, 2019 5:37 AM

According to Abacus data ( a firm run by the father of Justin Trudeau press secretary)

Today, almost half of Canadians have a negative view of the Prime Minister, about 10 points higher than at the end of 2018. This is also the first time in our tracking that we have seen two months in a row of net negative impressions of Mr. Trudeau.

Positives are 32%

Negatives are 46%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 7, 2019 4:45 PM

UPSHOT

According to Bruce Anderson (father of Justin Trudeau press secretary): “The Trudeau government came to office with high hopes and high expectations, in the time of a popular progressive President, Barack Obama. Today, the world is a different place, with populist right of centre leaders in the news and winning elections.

Their challenges are partly a product of losing control of the agenda this year as self-inflicted internal disputes have dominated news about what the government is up to.

But below that surface, the challenge may be more about life in a time when politics wants to be more polarized. Picking a lane looks more necessary than ever, but is a challenge for a party that has been able to win elections by owning the centre line. Progressive voters are restless for a champion they can count on to fight the right with fire, while centre-right voters are feeling like their views matter too little to this government.

Today, the Liberals are splitting centre-left votes with the Green Party and the NDP, splitting centre votes with everyone except Max Bernier, and losing touch with centre -ight voters.

The results are promising for Conservatives, but so far their improved opportunity seems more about avoiding trouble, than building popularity or a bigger pool of potential voters. A sustained lead in the polls will mean that voters will spend more time evaluating them, which carries the potential of greater rewards but also more risk.

The sleeper story in this survey is the role of the climate issue and the interest in the Green Party. We’ll continue to watch that space closely.”

by Anonymousreply 254May 7, 2019 4:47 PM

According to David Coletto: “With five months to go before the next election, the landscape has clearly shifted. The SNC-Lavalin controversy altered many Canadians perceptions and impressions of not only the Prime Minister, his government, and his party, but also the general direction of the country.

The Conservatives now have the advantage electorally. They have the largest pool of accessible voters, a three-point lead nationally among all committed voters, and a larger 8-point lead among those most motivated to vote.

The Liberals, unlikely only a few months ago, have a leader with the highest net negatives, a smaller voter pool to draw on, and only about half of their previous 2015 voters currently committed. They have gone from frontrunners to underdogs in less than half of year.

The NDP’s support in our polls has remained remarkably stable but with only 11% in Quebec, many of those seats it held onto in Quebec will likely be gone. Jagmeet Singh is still disliked by more people than the number who like him and half of its current supporters are saying they are likely could be persuaded to vote for another party.

Finally, the Greens, beyond the Conservatives, probably have the most to be optimistic about from these numbers. The accessible voter pool is the largest it has ever been in our tracking. They are polling close to double digits nationally and their leader has the highest net positive rating of any of the federal party leaders. They also pulled off a historic byelection win yesterday in BC.

But while this snapshot tells us one story, it also suggests that things can quickly change over the coming months. The Liberal brand has been damaged and more Canadians are looking for an alternative to the government they currently have. But many haven’t yet really considered the alternatives and what an alternative government and Prime Minister might mean to the issues they are most concerned about. Until that start to happen during the formal campaign period, much of the numbers from this survey could change, and change substantially.”

by Anonymousreply 255May 7, 2019 4:47 PM

Canadians should be very wary of Scheer and the Conservative Party. All they have to do is look at the havoc and chaos that has been unleashed with the arrogant Ford government in Ontario. Cuts to medicine, education, city programs etc...

Warning: Buyer BEWARE.

by Anonymousreply 256May 7, 2019 4:50 PM

I find it unbelievable that with Doug Ford being so unpopular as Ontario Premier, that Andrew Scheer is leading in Ontario over Trudeau!

Yes Provincial and Federal are different, but still.

by Anonymousreply 257May 7, 2019 4:52 PM

The risk for Trudeau is that his support isn't going to the Conservatives, but to the NDP and the Greens. That's hard to fight back from.

by Anonymousreply 258May 8, 2019 12:21 AM

Actually, the NDP is several points below where they were in 2015, so the NDP is not benefiting much from the Liberal decline.

In 2011, the Greens were overshadowed by the Jack Layton wave.

In 2015, the Greens were overshadowed by the Justin Trudeau wave.

2019 may be the first chance Elizabeth May & the Greens have to make big inroads. Trudeau's popularity is down, and Singh is way behind.

by Anonymousreply 259May 8, 2019 4:43 AM

Canadian Conservatives are basically a mirror image of US Republicans. Don't Canadians read the news? Scheer might not be calling non-whites "rapists" and "animals", but as Maclean's just pointed out, all the knuckle-dragging racists will be cheering if he wins.

And if Scheer follows Doug Ford's plan on healthcare, Canadians better brace for a lot of pain.

by Anonymousreply 260May 8, 2019 6:28 AM

BTW, Scheer won't really have to worry about calling refugees "rapists" and "animals". Michelle Rempel will probably dog whistle that when she gets a chance.

by Anonymousreply 261May 8, 2019 6:36 AM

Ideally Trudeau gets out and lets someone sensible and centrist take the helm. Chrystia Freeland would make a terrific Prime Minister and we're long overdue for a (smart) woman at the helm. Loads of women premiers, but never an elected woman Prime Minister. It's probably too late for that. Certainly for a leadership convention. It's a shame. He's overplayed his popularity so much there's a feeling against him.

by Anonymousreply 262May 8, 2019 11:06 AM

R262, Trudeau *is* a centrist. He's never been as left-wing as the right-wing media says.

Chrystia Freeland has gotten decent reviews for her performance in cabinet, but it's hard to know if she would be a good leader. She's only about 5 feet tall, and would probably be judged on that and a lot of other factors. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 263May 8, 2019 10:24 PM

R262- People need to vote for the platform of the party first and then the leader. What exactly is it that have people who loved voting for Trudeau now against him? It's not like he was caught selling government secrets to Russia. Is it because he's been on a lot of magazine covers? Well, so has Obama.

Changing leaders won't make any difference to the kind of policies Canadians will get. If they want to know what having the Conservatives as the ruling party is like, all they have to do is go back to 2015. Scheer will completely buckle to Trump. Even worse, all of the rot of the GOP Republicans will seep into the Conservative Party.

by Anonymousreply 264May 8, 2019 11:12 PM

So if anyone has doubts about where the Conservative Party is heading, this clears it up. Faith Goldy, the failed mayor candidate of Toronto, got a campaign donation from Marvin Rubner who has close ties with Stephen Harper---Goldy was fired from Rebel Media for being too racist even for them.

by Anonymousreply 265May 10, 2019 2:10 AM

R265- Here's the article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 10, 2019 5:28 AM

New poll has come out and Justin Trudeau is six points behind the Conservatives - but what is MORE shocking is that the NDP are only four points behind the Green Party!

CPC: 35.4% (+0.9)

LPC: 29.7% (-2.1)

NDP: 15% (-0.9)

GPC: 11.3% (+2.6)

BQ: 4.4% (-0.2)

PPC: 0.9% (-)

by Anonymousreply 267May 13, 2019 7:08 PM

Four points ahead, dear.

by Anonymousreply 268May 13, 2019 10:26 PM

uh oh - Nanos poll has Scheer and Trudeau TIED for preferred Prime Minister! ]

Trudeau - 28.6% Scheer - 28.4% Unsure - 22%

Just one year ago Trudeau was at 55% for preferred Prime Minister - that is a drop of 13 points in a single year

Can he turn this around or is it over?

by Anonymousreply 269May 14, 2019 1:42 PM

uh oh - the second week in a row Nanos poll has Scheer and Trudeau TIED for preferred Prime Minister!

Andrew Scheer (28.6%) and Justin Trudeau (27.9%) - with 23% unsure

Just one year ago Trudeau was at 55% for preferred Prime Minister - that is a drop of 13 points in a single year

Can he turn this around or is it over?

by Anonymousreply 270May 21, 2019 2:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!