Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CBS's The Cardi B Interview

CBS Sunday Morning recently interviewed popular rapper Cardi B, whose star is shining brighter than ever in today’s music industry.

Of Dominican-Trinidadian heritage, she was born in The Bronx, NY. She was raised in humble circumstances, and wasn't always a well-behaved girl - she was rebellious, a trouble-maker in school, and was even part of a gang for a while. Unable to hold on to her restaurant job, she became a stripper, and did so quite proudly.

She's not an educated speaker, which she admits to ("some of the words I use aren't even in the dictionary"). But she's extremely charming, and her fans adore her for both her sincerity and relatability. She's a diamond-in-the-rough who's now reaching the heights of mainstream respectability.

Watch the interview, and see for yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 13, 2018 1:07 AM

Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2018 4:56 PM

Still a whore.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2018 4:58 PM

I really want to root for her, but she came off as one of the most low IQ people without a disability I’ve ever heard speak.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2018 5:15 PM

I like her.

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2018 5:19 PM

I wanted to like her,but can't. Her previous comments about minorities make her trash to me.Her marriage,how you marry an African American and then publically say you hope your children have "that good hair"....fuk her

I do like her marketing. ..that song threatening to take her hubby to court,for a divorce and "that child support"....is a catchy little jingle.

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2018 5:25 PM

She smarter than me, R3.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2018 5:26 PM

Gross.

I swear, the United States is just embarrassing these days.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2018 5:28 PM

The bar is so low for entertainment these days.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2018 5:35 PM

[R7]

Says the poster from a third world country probably ruled by a dictator.....your jealous twat

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2018 5:45 PM

She's really no different than many of the old-time stars who grew up in tough conditions, like Joan Crawford, Tony Curtis, Barbara Stanwyck, and Frank Sinatra. The major difference is that today's entertainers are no longer groomed. They no longer have tutors, speech teachers, and vocal coaches assigned to them to polish them up.

It's a different world today, and the standards and expectations have completely changed - now we keep things natural and accessible. But she is talented, with plenty of charisma. I think that's what she shares with the old legends DLers reminisce about on here.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2018 5:49 PM

She's a sure sign that Idocracy is coming or is here.

Either that or the Apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2018 6:04 PM

When talking about something it helps to be able to spell it:

Idiocracy

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2018 6:05 PM

We are truly circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2018 6:06 PM

Wow that was disgusting. Hearing her talk, her background, everything about that girl made me feel nauseous and disappointed in American popular culture. No class. No intelligence. Not attractive. No rhyming or writing skills. No talent. And she's at the top of the game at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2018 6:18 PM

Is she Mexican? If not, she can stay.

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2018 6:22 PM

[R15]

No...she is Dominican

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2018 6:50 PM

If this was a Dominican MAN who shook his ass for men on the pole and made it as a rapper, I think DL would be obsessed!

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2018 6:58 PM

Wait, r17, are you saying or hoping that "Cardi" isn't a nickname for "Carlos" ?

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2018 7:04 PM

[Quote]No...she is Dominican

She's also Trinidadian, r16, and proud of her combined Spanish and African origins.

[Quote]The rapper's father is Dominican while her mother is Trinidadian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2018 9:17 PM

She’s very beautiful. I do think some of these street types should go to college when they get money. Not because they are stupid, but because, combined with a street education, a college education really rounds things off. And it means that nobody can talk over or take advantage of you. Learn how to manage money if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2018 9:21 PM

I think she's cute.

by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2018 9:29 PM

a person who has made a career out of rapping filthy lyrics regarding sucking the dicks of various men. Other than that and talking about her pussy she can't string a coherent sentence together.

by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2018 9:50 PM

OP= whore's PR.

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2018 9:52 PM

[Quote]she can't string a coherent sentence together.

Neither can most Millennials, so it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2018 9:55 PM

I watched that thinking that I'd hate her, and I did.

by Anonymousreply 25December 11, 2018 9:56 PM

Why does the media only give time to people like this, instead of thoughtful or educated people (of any race)?

by Anonymousreply 26December 11, 2018 9:58 PM

She’s trashy but openly trashy. Not stupid at all. She’s a flash in the pan, but sharp enough to maximize her revenue in that time. She’s a shade too openly materialistic, like Sofia Vergara and like Sofia Vergara, it gets old pretty quick. She’s got another five years left if she’s lucky.

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2018 10:42 PM

That interview was a Third Wave nightmare. "Something something empowerment something something fierce something get my money."

by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2018 11:10 PM

Slutty, dumb, trashy.

Hip hops finest.

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2018 11:18 PM

The second-trashiest trash that ever trashed.

by Anonymousreply 30December 11, 2018 11:39 PM

This gig certainly suits her and she won't at all be out of place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 11, 2018 11:43 PM

Millennial! Trash!

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2018 12:24 AM

Why is nearly everybody in the music industry such low-class trash these days? They're all barely intelligible thugs and pole dancers, for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2018 12:28 AM

Cardi B vs Nicki Minaj beef = tempest in a trash can

by Anonymousreply 34December 12, 2018 12:36 AM

R33 Streisand recently released an album

by Anonymousreply 35December 12, 2018 12:49 AM

Girls! Girls! You're both sleazy hos!

by Anonymousreply 36December 12, 2018 12:49 AM

[Quote]Why is nearly everybody in the music industry such low-class trash these days? They're all barely intelligible thugs and pole dancers, for the most part.

That's what sells now. You don't have to be polished anymore, unlike the Motown singers of the 60s. But Cardi B still is quite charming. I didn't expect to like her, but I do. I hope she enjoys her success for as long as it lasts.

In fact, she might become another Eve (rapper/actress, now co-host on The Talk), or Queen Latifah. Who thought those two would become such mainstream successes?

by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2018 1:05 AM

R3

She should partner up with Alexandria O’Casio Cortez. Together they might be as intelligent as a single normal person.

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2018 1:15 AM

Not one word ...all pops and buzzes over here...

by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2018 1:20 AM

I kinda like her.

by Anonymousreply 40December 12, 2018 1:26 AM

Look but don't touch r40.

by Anonymousreply 41December 12, 2018 1:30 AM

She should of went by the name "Cardi-O" so in order to get name checked whenever people (ppl) talk about thier working out

by Anonymousreply 42December 12, 2018 1:31 AM

Is her hair plastic?

by Anonymousreply 43December 12, 2018 1:41 AM

[R19]

Not when she raps she hopes her kids hair isn’t predominantly african american....that's insulting. But you knew that right, trash

by Anonymousreply 44December 12, 2018 1:55 AM

A race to the bottom. terrible music with a terrible delivery, terrible fashion sense, terrible attitude.

She is so low class and ignorant which is appealing to her fans just as Trumps low-class stupidity appeals to his fans.

by Anonymousreply 45December 12, 2018 1:59 AM

Anyone who calls someone else a whore like it's bad thing is a frau.

by Anonymousreply 46December 12, 2018 2:02 AM

[quote] She should of went by the name

Seriously, take a fucking English class.

by Anonymousreply 47December 12, 2018 2:02 AM

I love her. She’s trash and she owns it, and she has more money than anybody posting here. She worked hard and has everything she’s ever wanted. At least she doesn’t try to make herself something that she isn’t, like some of these other entertainers.

by Anonymousreply 48December 12, 2018 2:03 AM

The rich want the masses to be dumb , so this is pushed now.

by Anonymousreply 49December 12, 2018 2:08 AM

I’m sorry, but the lyrics to the Maroon 5 song were amazing. This rhyme is both bawdy and brilliant IMHO.

I don't really want a white horse and a carriage

I'm thinkin' more a white Porsches and carats

I need you right here 'cause every time you're far

[bold]I play with this kitty like you play wit' your guitar (ah)[bold]

by Anonymousreply 50December 12, 2018 2:10 AM

a first hand account of cardi bs antics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 12, 2018 2:20 AM

[Quote]Not when she raps she hopes her kids hair isn’t predominantly african american....that's insulting. But you knew that right, trash

R44, she might've been wrong to rap about that, but at the end of the day, she's still a mixed black woman. Sadly, many African Americans speak negatively about black hair, so it's not just her being wrong about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 12, 2018 2:32 AM

R47, guess you dit'int get the "sic, sic, sic' reference. In other words, the errors were done deliberately in keeping with the subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 53December 12, 2018 3:22 AM

[R44]

True.....100%

by Anonymousreply 54December 12, 2018 3:27 AM

She’s the Joni Mitchell, Carole King and Carly Simon of our age all rolled up in one.

by Anonymousreply 55December 12, 2018 3:31 AM

They gave up on paradise and sent us a sulking slut.

by Anonymousreply 56December 12, 2018 8:42 AM

[quote]I’m sorry, but the lyrics to the Maroon 5 song were amazing. This rhyme is both bawdy and brilliant IMHO. [italic]I don't really want a white horse and a carriage; I'm thinkin' more a white Porsches and carats; I need you right here 'cause every time you're far;I play with this kitty like you play wit' your guitar (ah)[/italic]

Ahhhh, yes, so brilliant, R50, so sagacious and lyrical. Such insight and such a fabulous, earned ability to express it. It's the best thing evah!

by Anonymousreply 57December 12, 2018 2:46 PM

[quote] She should of went by the name "Cardi-O"

A hip hop bard in the making, right here on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 58December 12, 2018 10:39 PM

R48 I'm sure Hitler had followers, just not internet access.... Your rock. Crawl back under it.

by Anonymousreply 59December 13, 2018 1:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!