Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scam artist MLM life coaches

Why are there lots of them now on social media? The MLM pyramid scheme scam artists do not lead perfect lives and have a lot of major problems themselves, besides trying to fleece gullible or desperate people.

The below link is to one of them that's also a barber who charges way too much for hair cuts and facial hair trimming.

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 22, 2018 9:24 AM

I have deep and serious hate for ANY MLM scam. Get away from me, converts! I don't want your bizarre stuff or fake socially engineered relationships to help your up line.

Wow! I feel better.

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2018 6:34 AM

R1 I feel the same way. I feel bad for anyone that is gullible enough to pay for a haircut, facial hair trim, or "life coaching advice" session with the guy I posted about or any other scam artist mlm pyramid scheme scammer type.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2018 6:44 AM

R1 I also grew up with a friend that his dad is involved in a well known financial mlm pyramid scheme, and actually does people's taxes and he has no background at all in any of this.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2018 7:39 AM

Face it, almost all jobs suck. People are trying to find ways to make a living without having to put up with that shit.

That's no excuse for dishonesty, fraud, or MLM schemes, of course, but who doesn't understand the impulse!

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2018 8:09 AM

I’m addicted to the antiMLM subreddit.

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2018 8:12 AM

True R4 I guess some people think it's easy money. My friend's dad that started with Primerica the mlm pyramid scheme scam did this after retiring, and he has a good pension, so it's not like he was strapped for cash. But he won awards for scamming people into buying life insurance they do not need and doing their finances. I would see the awards he won at my friend's home and he loved the stupid book rich dad poor dad and was and probably is still trying to get as many clients as he can and it does not matter who they are. He never tried to hit me up or recruit me, but he did this to all of his former co-workers who didn't like him before he got into scamming for Primerica, and he hit up neighbors as well. He bought a BMW and as a teen or young adult I told my friend we should take the keys and drive it for fun one day when his parents left together but that didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2018 9:04 PM

[quote]I’m addicted to the antiMLM subreddit.

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2018 9:14 PM

Heeyyy guyyys! It's another Thrive day.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2018 2:17 PM

Do you have a link, r5?

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2018 3:51 PM

I would also love that reddit link. I need that addiction added, please.

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2018 5:27 PM

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2018 11:25 PM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2018 2:36 PM

Daughter in her early 20s has lots of friends who are into MLM. The younger generation can’t find corporate jobs and are easily conned. Most of these MLMers she knows are very Christian.

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2018 3:28 AM

R13 all the women I know involved in pyramid schemes or MLM stuff claim to be "spiritual" or even "Buddhist or Hindu" but they are not Asian at all, and my Asian friends who are Hindu but not extremely religious said how someone has to actually believe in Hinduism, or the off shoot of Hinduism known as Buddhism and it does not involve selling essential oils, water, or anything else.

by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2018 1:21 AM

This MLM adjacent self help scammer Tai Lopez made some money from fraudulent dating and model sites, then parlayed that into his current grift of promising to make immature young males so rich they'll be surrounded by bikini models and fast cars. If the MLMs main target is Christian fraus, this guy goes after naive young, recovering addict, and low IQ males.

He seems to running a lottery now and gets people to sign up for $67/mo to learn his get rich secrets. People have reported his advice is basic and vague and it's very difficult to cancel the monthly subscription. Vice did a story on him a few years ago. He's a piece of work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 21, 2018 2:51 AM

More on Tai: a lot of his rhetoric seems aimed at people in MLMs. He's in that "network marketing" category of service providers and consultants who offer motivational hype disguised as training and advice to people deep in MLM scams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 21, 2018 2:57 AM

I'm not real keen on "life coaches" in general.

by Anonymousreply 17December 21, 2018 3:04 AM

Link to a lawyer who exposes MLM scams and offers resources for those who want their own legit business. His free newsletter emailed regularly (upon request) is invaluable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 21, 2018 3:12 AM

^ I've seen his YouTube vids. Love that guy! Here he is talking about Tai Lopez

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 21, 2018 3:50 AM

There are tons of them.

by Anonymousreply 20December 22, 2018 9:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!