Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bernie vs. Beto 2020

If it comes down between these two for the 2020 Democratic nomination, who would/will win? Bernie Bros are already working overtime trying to destroy Beto. The question isn't who YOU would choose, but who the majority will end up going with. Predict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 13, 2018 7:53 PM

Bernie is not a Democrat. Clearly Beto is a young man with leadership skills, demonstrated in his senate run.

by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2018 6:34 AM

Beto is charismatic, young, and has the ability to connect with people from various backgrounds and races. Between Beto and Sanders there is no doubt who would be more appealing to women (Beto, of course).

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2018 6:41 AM

Bernie is old. Post mensural - near death.

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2018 6:59 AM

Beto beat Bernie (and everybody else) in the MoveOn poll and MoveOn was the Home of BernieBros in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2018 2:39 AM

If Beto runs, he wins every voter under 35. Kamala will win most of the black vote. Biden will get a lot of the older white voters.

What group is Bernie going to win? There aren't enough hippy-dippy white voters to carry him to victory in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2018 3:00 AM

The MoveON poll's top choice is "Someone Else" LOL

Otherwise, both Beto AND Biden are ahead of Bernie.

Here are the top 10 finishers in the MoveOn straw poll:

Someone else/DK/other: 28.8 percent

Beto O’Rourke: 15.6 percent

Joe Biden: 14.9 percent

Bernie Sanders: 13.1 percent

Kamala Harris: 10 percent

Elizabeth Warren: 6.4 percent

Sherrod Brown: 2.9 percent

Amy Klobuchar: 2.8 percent

Michael Bloomberg: 2.7 percent

Cory Booker: 2.6 percent

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2018 3:02 AM

Bernie already ruined the last election. He needs to retire. I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2018 3:11 AM

Surprised Warren is polling so low. She would be a good campaigner and on the right ticket could easily win.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2018 3:17 AM

When I say my prayers tonight, I will add a prayer that Bernie is taken to heaven by Christmas. Please, Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2018 3:18 AM

LOL @ R7... that's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2018 3:22 AM

R8... Good campaigner? She sounds like a gossipy scold with asthma.

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2018 3:22 AM

Fudge ‘20.

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2018 3:23 AM

R13 But there are so many she can effectively scold during a campaign. The asthmatic tone may rally a sympathy vote. Warren 2020.

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2018 3:34 AM

Enough with this Bernie. He made a few good points at the time but that time has passed.

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2018 3:36 AM

Sanders and Biden each have a good chance of being dead before 2020.

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2018 3:40 AM

Bernie doesn’t know how to defeat republicans, only Democrats

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2018 4:03 AM

MoveOn functioned as an extension of the Sanders campaign in 2016. If he's barely polling 14% among those types now he's in big trouble.

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2018 4:08 AM

The Bernie Bros are all over this poll on Facebook. Any news article that mentions it is swarmed by the Bros in the comments. They are desperate to lie to as many people as possible about what a “neocon” or “neolib” or “fauxgressive“ Beto is. I love that they’re so scared of him.

But they need to realize QUICKLY that they do not exist in the numbers they think they do. They’re still claiming Sanders is the most popular politician in the US. If that’s the case, it’s because people didn’t pay attention AT ALL in the midterms. Beto is THE rock star.

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2018 4:56 AM

Beto's mugshot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2018 6:49 AM

And he’s super hot in it, too, r19.

Go, Beto!

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2018 7:09 AM

BDF!

by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2018 7:10 AM

Bernie, meanwhile, was a big crybaby during his own arrest,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2018 7:11 AM

Young Bernie - What a hottie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2018 7:13 AM

I don’t know about Facebook, but on Twitter a lot of those Bros are bots.

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2018 7:22 AM

BernieBros are goin' nuts on twitter. It was Crown Prince Bernard's time!!! Who is this Beto guy who is gonna steal the nomination?

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2018 4:41 PM

Bernie is OVAH. He needs to retire to a nice nursing home in Boca Raton.

by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2018 5:07 PM

I've been debating a BernieSis (as opposed to BernieCis, since she's a girl) and she's been just screaming about how Beto took donations from people who work and own the oil industry, claiming that Beto "just can't be trusted" when it comes to climate change, but somehow, she ignores the fact that Bernie has done nothing — not a goddamn thing — when it comes to the environment. Of course, when your entire political career is capable of being summarized in 10 words (Bernie's only successful legislation was getting a post office renamed), it's hard to claim that doing nothing on the environment is better than taking donations from oil industry people hedging their bets.

by Anonymousreply 27December 12, 2018 5:23 PM

Beto couldn’t beat a turd like Ted Cruz. How is he gonna be capable of beating Trump?

Bernie sucks too.

I agree with the poll above: “Someone Else.”

by Anonymousreply 28December 12, 2018 5:25 PM

[quote]When I say my prayers tonight, I will add a prayer that Bernie is taken to heaven by Christmas. Please, Jesus

A wonderful Christmas wish.

by Anonymousreply 29December 12, 2018 5:30 PM

Jesus Christ himself couldn't beat Ted Cruz (or any Republican) in Texas, so there is that.

Kidding and snark aside, the fact that Beto made Ted work for his seat is an accomplishment. You really can't claim that because Cruz won makes Beto unelectable on a broader scale.

Of course, if Beto had won, you'd be saying that it was too soon after winning for him to launch a bid for higher office, right?

by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2018 5:32 PM

[quote]Bernie, meanwhile, was a big crybaby during his own arrest,

LOLOL! 😂

by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2018 5:33 PM

It's the "BernieBros are trying to destroy Beto" troll again.

I've told you this before--there aren't a whole lot of "BernieBros"--just a couple hundred misfits who spend a lot of time on Twitter talking to each other.

In the real world, even on college campuses, those people don't exist. Plenty of my peers liked Sanders and almost all of them voted for him in the primaries, but I don't know anyone personally who did not wind up voting for Hillary in the end or sitting out the election.

Or anyone who thinks a lot about Sanders these days anyway.

Alexandra O-C gets a lot of press and chatter, but mostly because she's good at social.

And you know who else is really good at social?

Beto.

And he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2018 5:42 PM

Given St. Bernie's appalling showing on MoveOn (and if he is going to win anywhere - it would be there), it's over for him. Which doesn't mean he'll pull out or his rabid BernieBros will stop trashing Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2018 6:01 PM

O-C gets a lot of press and chatter because she says stupid shit on social. She's no way in the same league as Beto or any other politician save Trump and Palin.

by Anonymousreply 34December 12, 2018 6:04 PM

AOC aka Another Obnoxious Commie will be what Bernie was in 2020. Siphoning votes away from the democratic candidate. Bots are propelling her to star status, building her up in the press 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 35December 12, 2018 6:32 PM

A O-C says a lot of stupid shit on social, because she is a stupid person, and the people who voted for her are even stupider.

by Anonymousreply 36December 12, 2018 6:33 PM

I would have said Beto until I found out he met with Sharpton.

by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2018 6:38 PM

Sharpton contacted Beto, not the other way around. What's Beto supposed to do? Tell him to fuck off?

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2018 7:23 PM

[quote]What's Beto supposed to do? Tell him to fuck off?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2018 7:25 PM

Gillum also called Beto. I imagine Beto may be trying to figure out how to run against Harris and Booker and if it's worth his while to try.

by Anonymousreply 40December 12, 2018 7:26 PM

Beto would easily beat Harris and Booker. Democrats are not nominating another woman in 2020. There's too much at stake and we can't take the chance of losing to Trump again. Maybe for VP, but definitely not at the top of the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 41December 13, 2018 1:28 AM

Trump would make toast out of Beto on the campaign trail.

Harris has more balls to take Trump on directly.

by Anonymousreply 42December 13, 2018 1:38 AM

You can't play Trump's game. Doesn't work and certainly wouldn't work for a woman, much less a woman of color. You have to take the opposite tactic - civilized and dignified vs. total nutjob.

Beto got 55K people to show up at an event in Austin. Trump's never come close to that.

by Anonymousreply 43December 13, 2018 2:04 AM

That’s cute that you think Trump is going to be campaigning in 2020, r42.

by Anonymousreply 44December 13, 2018 2:23 AM

R44 trump will be campaigning in 2020. You delusional idiot.

by Anonymousreply 45December 13, 2018 2:45 AM

And Trump is going to destroy Beto while campaigning? That’s what you think? Trump is going to be in a position to “make toast out of” Beto? LOL!

by Anonymousreply 46December 13, 2018 3:21 AM

OP, are you telling us that Bernie will be the GOP nominee? Will Russia do its part to get him elected, is that the question?

by Anonymousreply 47December 13, 2018 3:28 AM

The BernieBros on twitter are on fire!!! Beto's gonna steal Bernie's rightful nomination to pretend to be a Democrat! Fucking hell, are these assholes gonna keep up this shit for 2 years?

by Anonymousreply 48December 13, 2018 7:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!