Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Countdown to the arrest of Julian Assange

Ecuador's President said today that the UK government has promised them Julian will not be extradited to anywhere that would impose the death penalty on him, so he's free to quit the Embassy i.e. they are throwing him out. Assange's lawyers are putting up a fight.

Enjoy Guatanamo, Julian dear!

[quote]Julian Assange's lawyer has rejected an agreement announced by Ecuador's president to see him leave the Ecuadorean embassy in London, after six years inside.Lenin Moreno, the president of Ecuador, has made no secret of his wish to be rid of the WikiLeaks founder, who sought asylum inside the embassy in June 2012 and has not left since.On Thursday Mr Moreno announced that a deal had been reached between London and Quito to allow Mr Assange, 47, to be released."The way has been cleared for Mr Assange to take the decision to leave in near-liberty," said Mr Moreno.He did not specify what "near liberty" meant.

[quote]Mr Moreno earlier this year announced that he was severing Mr Assange's telephone and internet links, and in October said he was banning him from making "political statement" that jeopardised Ecuador's relations with other countries. Mr Assange then sued for a breach of his human rights.From December, he was also due to pay for his own costs of food, medical care and laundry, in yet another sign of the growing impatience of the Ecuadorean government.Mr Moreno added that Britain had guaranteed that the Australian would not be extradited to any country where his life is in danger.But Mr Assange's lawyer, Barry Pollack, told The Telegraph that the deal was not acceptable.The legal team have long argued that they will not accept any agreement which risks his being extradited to the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90December 13, 2018 10:40 AM

His pals at Russia Today are live streaming from outside the Embassy so we can expect him to do another Eva Peron appearance on the balcony, or, for the police to arrive shortly with handcuffs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2018 6:03 PM

He's the fucking worst. I hope he goes to jail.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2018 6:06 PM

PLEASE JEEBUS LET HIM GET ARRESTED!

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2018 6:07 PM

"From December, he was also due to pay for his own costs of food, medical care and laundry"

Where's the GoFundMe page so DL send out support for Mr Assange?

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2018 6:09 PM

he sets foot outside and he's a dead man.

There will be polonium tea in no time.

Gitmo or polonium tea. Tough choice.

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2018 6:11 PM

Patience, children. It's taking a few minutes for him to pack up his toothbrush, camp bed, and folders filled with emails from Pammie.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2018 6:11 PM

Does this mean he must vacate the premises, or they are just giving him the "option" to?

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2018 6:13 PM

Repubblica's rape apologist 'journos' published this tear-jerker on 25 November.

[quote]They are destroying him slowly. They are doing it through an indefinite detention which has been going on for the last eight years with no end in sight. Julian Assange has become one of the most widely known icons of freedom of the press and the struggle against state secrecy. Recently, his detention in the Ecuadorian embassy in London has been joined by isolation, strict rules and various forms of pressure which seem to have no other purpose than to break him down. A grip meant to destroy his physical and mental ability to resist until he either breaks down or he steps out of the Ecuadorian embassy, unleashing the beginning of his own end. Because if he does step out, he will be arrested by the UK authorities, and at that point the US could request his extradition so that they can put him in jail for publishing classified US documents. Julian Assange is in extremely precarious conditions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2018 6:14 PM

[quote]Does this mean he must vacate the premises, or they are just giving him the "option" to?

They are, in diplomatic speech, telling him: it's over, ramoose, get the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2018 6:16 PM

@LouiseMensch 2 hours ago

Yeah. Here we go. #Assange

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2018 6:17 PM

What is his connection to Ecuador that they would give him asylum for so long?

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2018 6:21 PM

United Arab Emirates' ruler Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nayhad has just bought the freehold of Ecuadorian embassy, which is housed in 3 Hans Crescent, Knightsbridge, round the corner from Harrods, for $100,000

i.e. Ecuador has a lease / tenancy agreement. Did the Sheikh make kicking out Assange a condition of Ecuador's ongoing tenancy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2018 6:23 PM

Perhaps his buddy, Milo, can spare him a dime.

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2018 6:25 PM

R11 the former President was hostile to the US political and diplomatic asylum are a sacred institution among Latin American countries and as a rule asylum requests are granted to those that ask for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2018 6:26 PM

So long, Stinky!

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2018 6:28 PM

I would love to see him being shoved out the door and them locking it with him then beating on the door screaming to be let in as obvious secret service guys slowly start walking towards him!

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2018 6:30 PM

New York Times reports that President Moreno offered to sell Assange's to the U.S. government in exchange for debt relief. Subsequently Ecuador received $1.1 billion from US controlled banks.

He should have picked a wealthier hidey hole!

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2018 6:34 PM

R16, you mean, as if Ecuador's Ambassador was Olivia de Havilland, and Assange, Monty Clift?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2018 6:36 PM

Maybe some country who would be willing to give him assylum should build a huge sized diplomatic pouch, go over and put Assange inside it and leave. Then the coppers won't be able to touch him.

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2018 6:41 PM

Assange fans losing it on twitter..

[quote]Moreno knows there's a sealed indictment in the USA. He knows Trump officials have said Julian's arrest is a priority and demanded #Ecuador hand #ASSANGE over. He's met with @VP Pence! His FM just met Pompeo! He is a lying traitor!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2018 6:43 PM

You jest R19 but the former Assange friendly Ecuadorian President did try to make him a diplomat - but that requires the UK Foreign Office to authorise / acknowledge him as a bona fide diplomat, and of course they told Ecuador to fuck off.

The Russians also had a plot to spring him from the embassy last Christmas and get him to Russia on a private plane but they called it off as too risky, with the Embassy being right in the middle of central London and traffc so bad, the plod would have nabbed them.

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2018 6:46 PM

He was extremely biased during the 2016 presidential election.

So.....I really don't care, do you?

by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2018 7:03 PM

R11

Free blowjobs

by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2018 7:05 PM

For several years there have been BIs that Pammie has been paid to visit him. By people she usually yachts for. Apparently, someone thinks her playing girlfriend makes him look innocent. Russians are so stupid!

by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2018 8:02 PM

Assange is the devil’s jizz dribble, and his entire family are extremely [italic]strange[/italic] people. He was socially inept, rather awkward, patronising, demeaning and with a false sense of superiority. I [bold]loathe[/bold] the man and his repugnant tampering with the US political landscape. Fuckwit.

by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2018 8:16 PM

Popcorn.gif

by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2018 9:33 PM

He may be many things, including stinky; but he’s not an American traitor, because he’s not American. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 27December 6, 2018 10:26 PM

He will be joining his masters in Russia, assuming he can get out of the country without being arrested.

by Anonymousreply 28December 6, 2018 11:04 PM

R18, I see it as something like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 6, 2018 11:10 PM

Don't cry for me, Quito

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 6, 2018 11:21 PM

I hope they film him being thrown out onto the streets and then stoned by various passerby’s. Great entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 31December 6, 2018 11:55 PM

But her emails!

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2018 12:17 AM

R17, link? I can't find the article.

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2018 12:26 AM

We have to get to him before the poisoners.

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2018 12:27 AM

Ecuador can't just throw him out? The UK has given its guarantees. How weak is Ecuador?

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2018 12:29 AM

He's never going to leave without complete immunity. The death penalty isn't even a concern. It's about not being extradited or prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2018 12:33 AM

Here is the part I never understood. He actually has been in that building for 6 years and not even gone outside? Why in the world would Ecuador have allowed him to do that? Its not like Ecuador is our mortal enemy , or he gave them a Billion dollars? Did the Russians give Ecuador a ton of cash? Whyw ould they even care, they would probably just wish him dead no?

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2018 12:55 AM

R29 that's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2018 12:55 AM

R37, it was Ecuador's way of saying to the US and others "You're not the boss of me."

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2018 1:17 AM

The Assange fangirls/boys are some of the worst and most destructive people on the planet. They’re as bad if not worse than Trumptards.

One of highest profile ones is the Australian cunt Caitlyn Johnstone, who writes a blog on medium.com and pushed the “leaked, not hacked”/inside job theory of the DNC emails (i.e. she was pushing the Seth Rich conspiracy lie). I would love to see her and Julian get riddled with bullets à la Bonnie and Clyde.

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2018 1:27 AM

bye bish

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2018 1:35 AM

What the fuck does he do all day without cable or internet. 6 YEARS inside? One can only whack off so much.

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2018 1:48 AM

How big is his dick? Huge British baby’s arm? Tiny meat (not likely)? Or average?

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2018 1:57 AM

R40. Love it!

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2018 2:26 AM

R37, Ecuador may have done it on principle. For freedom of the press. Or because it is like he’s being prosecuted as a political prisoner.

I’m sure the embassy has outdoor space on the property.

No one had any idea how long it would be, at the start. I’m sure the Ecuadorians did not think it would be this long and they want him out, now, but they can’t just hand him over. Once they admitted him, they have a responsibility to see that he is not handed over for possible political persecution.

The Swedish charges of attempted rape struck me as a little convienent. As possibly trumped-up charges, to get him in custody, so as to get him transferred to the US.

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2018 2:44 AM

[quote]it is like he’s being prosecuted as a political prisoner.

Let's try with the facts.

Assange was reported to the Swedish law enforcement by two women for sexual offences. The male coordinator of Wikileaks in Sweden told the police one of the women, who he knew well, was 'very, very credible'. He personally confronted Assange. The women initially only wanted Assange to get a test for STIs, because, in both cases, against both women's will, he had fucked them without a condom. Assange refused. As soon as the Swedish media started asking him for quotes.about the stories that were circulating about him he started tweeting about 'US dirty tricks' .

The Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet asked if he had had sex with his two accusers. He said, lying: "Their identities have been made anonymous so even I have no idea who they are. We have been warned that the Pentagon, for example, is thinking of deploying dirty tricks to ruin us."

The two women's names were leaked by his supporters, they were dragged online, and received death threats. They were accused of being US intelligence 'honey traps'.

The arrest warrant was issued by Sweden following a decision by Assange to leave Sweden in late September and not return for a scheduled meeting when he was due to be interviewed by the prosecutor. Assange's supporters have denied this, but Assange himself told friends in London that he was supposed to return to Stockholm for a police interview during the week beginning 11 October, and that he had decided to stay away. Prosecution documents seen by the Guardian record that he was due to be interviewed on 14 October.

The co-ordinator of the WikiLeaks group in Stockholm said in 2010: "This is a normal police investigation. Let the police find out what actually happened. Of course, the enemies of WikiLeaks may try to use this, but it begins with the two women and Julian. It is not the CIA sending a woman in a short skirt."

He is an autistic narcissist, who used his fame as a hacker / 'activist' to fuck / assault a lot of women in left-wing circles, who looked up to him.

That's why he is hiding out n the embassy.

The US want to question him because he fucked over their intelligence operatives and informants by publishing the Manning cache.

Then he published the Dem emails, obtained from Russian intelligence operatives, to ingratiate himself wth Putin, and Trump, in the hope of a) a Presidential pardon or b) exile in Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2018 7:40 AM

Bwahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2018 9:15 AM

And he lied about Seth Rich’s death, R46. Aren’t Rich’s parents suing someone over this? Alex Jones, I believe. They should try to sue Assange. He needs to have charges and lawsuits coming from all directions.

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2018 9:34 AM

G' Damn, this is going to be the best Christmas ever! Trump, Assange, the Republican Party.

Karma is bitch in the john, she is going to flush this overflowing shit show.

by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2018 9:53 AM

Why didn’t he seek asylum in the Russian embassy first?

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2018 10:31 AM

Aren't the Brits investigating him as well for meddling in Brexit? Assange got visits from Farage and Cambridge Analytical was involved.

Also that Dutch wikileaks memeber Arjen Kamphuis is still missing.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2018 10:40 AM

I will never stop laughing at Assange for his dumbass handling of this situation.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2018 10:49 AM

I've read in several places the only outdoor space is on that second story balcony. Otherwise he can't go outside.

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2018 10:53 AM

[quote]Why didn’t he seek asylum in the Russian embassy first?—or wasn’t he involved with the Russians at that point

There's no indication Wikileaks was involved with the Russians prior to Assange claiming asylum in the Ecuadorian Embassy. It's more likely they first saw him as a useful pawn when they started planning to influence the last US presidential election. The question we need answered is this: was Manafort on the payroll of the Russians, and did he approach Assange at the request of his Russian paymasters, offering Assange the Dem emails, and / or, brokering some agreement that Assange would get a pardon for leaking the Manning cache. Manafort is currently denying the Guardian story that he met Assange several times in the run up to the Dem leak. So is Assange.

by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2018 3:42 PM

I wish Hillary had actually gotten him droned like she joked about.

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2018 6:02 AM

Like Assange said she joked about.

He could never prove she actually did say he should be droned, just like he never had any evidence that would put her behind bars, as he said.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2018 6:36 AM

Where did he get the idea that she’d said that?

I read it online and just assumed it came from a source other than Assange.

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2018 7:29 AM

He completely fabricated it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2018 7:51 AM

[quote]Enjoy Guatanamo, Julian dear!

But the US imposes the death penalty, OP retard!

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2018 9:37 AM

No, he won't get the death penalty. But he will spend the rest of his life in that supermax out in the midwest where he can befriend the Boston Bomber kid and the racist car killer from Charlotte, although those 2 will definitely be executed.

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2018 9:50 AM

r53 is correct. If you check Google Maps, the embassy is a typical London building with no room for niceties like a garden.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2018 10:12 AM

I'm skeptical that the government could convict Assange. He wouldn't have trouble getting the best representation if they go after him for simply publishing information. I've never seen an argument that he actually broke the law. It's always "the US government hates him and will throw him in prison." It's the underpants gnome of conviction strategies.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2018 10:50 AM

R62 writes,

[Quote]He wouldn't have trouble getting the best representation if they go after him for simply publishing information.

There you have it—published.

This has the Democrats, the Hillary Clinton voters from 2016, angry and wanting to destroy Julian Assange for journalism. The Deep State wants him because of their getting exposed. Prior to 2016, Democrats loved Julian Assange because it was Republicans who were revealed.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2018 11:06 AM

AH, no.

The Obama administration (Democratic, I believe) was apoplectic over the Intelligence disclosures.

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2018 11:24 AM

Latin America sure does love its right to asylum

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2018 5:57 PM

[quote]He wouldn't have trouble getting the best representation if they go after him for simply publishing information.

We are available!

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2018 6:03 PM

He's a rapist, a coward, and a Putin patsy.

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2018 6:07 PM

He also has committed high crimes with that hair.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2018 7:47 PM

If he wants to be popular again, he should release the RNC* emails that were hacked. Of course that would interfere with any forthcoming Trump pardon.

*or whatever Republican emails; he had both.

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2018 8:13 PM

Assange claimed HRC wanted to drone him, and his claim backfired because 99% of the internet was like "yeah, go Hillary!"

Dunno who is quoting Louise Mensch's idiotic tweets but anyone who gives her attention is a fool.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2018 8:39 PM

[quote]This has the Democrats, the Hillary Clinton voters from 2016, angry and wanting to destroy Julian Assange for journalism.

I never realized that a "journalist" unaffiliated with any real publication anywhere in the world beforehand and unpublished under his own name in any legal sense illegally hacked into a presidential candidate's e-mails and promised them to an opponent upon the request of a hostile foreign government? Can someone please explain how this falls under the rubric of "journalism," please?

by Anonymousreply 71December 9, 2018 5:18 AM

When were the Russians planning to help him escape and how? This is fascinating. He is so dead when he gets forced out. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.

by Anonymousreply 72December 9, 2018 5:45 AM

Who is still believing Louise Mench already? You must have one brain cell if you think she is credible.

In the beginning, it was kind of unclear if she was legit or not, but the jury is in.

by Anonymousreply 73December 9, 2018 5:54 AM

December 2017, R72.

by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2018 10:45 AM

[quote]We don’t like Julian Assange. That much is clear. Back in 2010, after the original Iraq leak, he seemed a reasonable imitation of a public-spirited whistleblower. By the time I met him in 2012 he was already obsessed by how the leftist media had abandoned him, blaming a conspiracy among Oxbridge PPE (Politics, Philosophy, Economics) graduates. That struck me as narcissistic paranoia although it is, I suppose, remotely possible that such a cabal existed. Now, the question of why the left “hates” Assange occupies his few remaining supporters almost exclusively.

[quote]Personally I think hate is too strong. Most people just consider Assange a spoilt-brat egomaniac with murky motives, a limelight habit and some profoundly questionable political affiliations. As further allegations emerge (from Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigations) as to his working with Russia to destabilise Clinton, perhaps in return for being rescued from London (allegations which Assange denies), many hold Assange responsible for Trump.

[quote]Back in 2011 a grand jury was convened in Virginia to determine whether Assange was indictable. Grand jury proceedings are inherently secret. Involving neither judge nor jury they are prosecutor-led, with no defendant right to a defence, attendance or even knowledge. Their findings too are secret. Thus, despite years of enduring rumours of a “sealed indictment” against Assange we know only that last month, US prosecutors inadvertently revealed that secret charges had been laid against Assange.Put it together. An old arrest warrant for skipping bail on a charge that was always feeble and has since been dropped, a refusal to deny extradition intentions, secret charges emerging from a secret court over an act that may not even be illegal and for which the principal culprit has already been pardoned. Does anyone really think such a system could produce a fair trial?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2018 10:49 AM

He released classified info and is Putins fool. I like the idea of the super max prison.

by Anonymousreply 76December 9, 2018 11:01 AM

He had a preexisting relationship with Ecuador and the former Ecuadorian president. He was offered residency 2 years before he moved in to the embassy. In fact about a month or 2 before then he interviewed the president on his talk show and was complimentary and they apparently had a camaraderie and agreed on many things. This new president clearly does not have this same relationship with him, so it is all going to shit. The former president has been critical of their actions.

by Anonymousreply 77December 9, 2018 11:45 AM

Additionally the talk show he had was on Russia Today.

by Anonymousreply 78December 9, 2018 11:48 AM

[quote] the talk show he had was on Russia Today.

There's an interesting possibility that may save him from extradition.

Teresa May is not going to get her Brexit Agreement Bill passed in the UK Parliament next Tues. There is some talk of her cancelling the vote and heading back to Brussels for amendments to satisfy the MPs, but ultimately Brussels will give her only very minor changes at this stage. So the vote is likely to go against her. Then, she may immediately resign, but if she does not, a 'vote of no confidence' in her government will be tabled by the Labour Party. The government then has 14 days to win a no confidence debate and vote in Parliament. If they lose, it's General Election time, and very likely, Labour will be in power. Corbyn appeared regularly on RT, and his key aides Murray and Milne are pro-Putin and ex (kinda...) Communists and Stalinists. They are not going to hand Assange over to Trump. So Assange will probably cling on hoping the election of Corbyn as Prime Minister will be his life-raft.

by Anonymousreply 79December 9, 2018 2:05 PM

Having said that, I've just realised this is exactly why the US is pressuring Ecuador to kick Assange out now, while the Conservatives - who would extradite him - are still in power.

by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2018 2:08 PM

How would Trump deal with a Prime Minister Corbyn? I can't even imagine.

by Anonymousreply 81December 9, 2018 2:09 PM

Is he STILL inside the Embassy? When is he going to get forcibly thrown out??

by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2018 6:46 PM

Maybe Pamela Anderson can hide the child rapist in her breasts.An smuggle him across boarders to his fans who will surely put him up.

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2018 6:59 PM

I feel like we’ve been teased about this guy getting kicked out for years and years now.

They need to do it or shut up. Enough with the teasing.

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2018 7:22 PM

"The Deep State wants him because of their getting exposed."

You're the person who believes there are "many documented cases" of breatharians, aren't you?

Flat earther as well I bet.

by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2018 8:02 PM

Equador should not give Assange a choice. Tell him to pack and physically escort him out the front door. If the British picks his ass up, so be it.

by Anonymousreply 86December 10, 2018 8:11 PM

[R86]

#Facts

by Anonymousreply 87December 10, 2018 8:19 PM

I actually laughed when on SNL [italic]Ass[/italic]annge was described as having dyed his face to match his hair. Dude is so fucking unnervingly creepy.

by Anonymousreply 88December 11, 2018 2:06 PM

You've got to applaud The Stranger's tenacity with this - they are trying to bring the criminal to justice and may be dong more than anyone to try and help the remaining Noodles and Beef cult captives!

[quote]Dylan has not responded to The Stranger's repeated attempts to contact him since Jack's death on October 15. The Stranger sent e-mails to Dylan seeking comment on October 18, October 25, and October 29, none of which Dylan responded to. On November 30, we sent another e-mail with 11 questions pertaining to the new information we are reporting here. The e-mailed questions bounced back, with a message saying: "Your recipient's address might not work or exist anymore."

[quote]The Stranger also reached out by phone to three of the other pups in Dylan's polyamorous family, using contact information made available in public documents when Dylan filed a motion requesting a restraining order against a Buzzfeed reporter who was trying to reach him for comment. None of the three pups have responded to our voice mails. The Stranger printed out and mailed our 11 new questions to Dylan at the home address listed on public documents, granting him a week to respond to our questions. We have not heard back from him.

by Anonymousreply 89December 13, 2018 10:39 AM

Oh dear. Meant for the silicon balls murder thread ^

by Anonymousreply 90December 13, 2018 10:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!