Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So Democrats flipped 40 seats!

It was a blue wave!

I wonder how demoralized all of the rightwing DL trolls must feel. All of that work, and lost.. BADLY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2018 10:36 AM

Remember how they ran here on election night, prematurely like they ejaculate, saying it was a blue drip. Yeah, where are they?

And I don't buy the results in FL or GA. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2018 2:45 AM

Because it can't be said enough, the Democrats won the House vote by the largest margin in the history of midterm elections. This was a fucking stomp.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2018 2:47 AM

After all the Republican suppression, Congressional Blue balls are gonna explode all over Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2018 2:47 AM

Yep, I remember, R1. It seems that the more they troll, the more and more people all over the country hate Trump even more. They're actually doing Democrats a favor by making people hate Trump and Republicans even more.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2018 2:48 AM

Yep! Now the Rs are claiming California’s elections are as tainted as Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2018 2:52 AM

Ok not done guys. We have Louisiana sec of State run off dec 8 and Georgia sec of State run off dec 4. Remember Secretary of State oversees voting in the state.

Consider writing postcards/donating.

Looking to 2020 it would be great to have Ds in these positions

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2018 2:53 AM

R6: Be careful here. It varies state to state. Here in IL, the Secretary of State does not oversee elections. GA does. Does LA? Let's be accurate here.

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2018 2:55 AM

Moreover, pundits are starting to come around to the idea that the Republican brand is so damaged in these areas that there's no way that they are going to get these seats back.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote]Does LA? Let's be accurate here.

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2018 3:08 AM

Thanks, OP. Yes, that's a pretty solid blue wave. I am glad to see so many women and younger people joining politics and running for office. Those elected will have a positive impact on the Democratic party.

[quote] Remember how they ran here on election night, prematurely like they ejaculate, saying it was a blue drip. Yeah, where are they?

Some were trolls, some very depressives who started spreading doom and gloom 30 minutes after the polls closed on the east coast. Their negativity was bringing the official threads down, I had to block them (temporarily). DL has its share of people prone to panic and depression.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2018 3:19 AM

Keep your eyes on the prize, folks: defeat Trump in 2020 - and the work starts today! 🇺🇸

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2018 3:19 AM

R10 True, and there was some gloom early on. I was a little down but very happy we got the House. Then the good news just kept coming!

Trolls do make people hate the repugs more and more.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2018 3:21 AM

There was no reason to start with the gloom so early in the evening like some did, R12. And it's not fair to bring everyone else down just because one feels irrational panic. That's what a doctor is for.

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2018 3:26 AM

r13 No there wasn't and I didn't post my gloom. I did ask questions and received some great responses which settled me a bit. By the time I turned on the news, we had won the House so no matter what THAT eased any gloom I had. There were a few races I was initially down about which turned around fast. We have great posters who posted very matter of factly what was going on so I skip over the gloomers until one of the rational posters give me something to be gloomy about! :)

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2018 3:30 AM

Well the early returns, Florida and Indiana, looked worse than expected. There was a real reason for that feeling of doom. Thankfully as the night went on it started looking so much better.

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2018 3:32 AM

[quote] Keep your eyes on the prize, folks: defeat Trump in 2020 - and the work starts today! 🇺🇸

Very important! Do not declare victory until it is complete. This only set the stage. 2020 is the battle. There are hordes of morons across this country prepared to re-elect Cheeto.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2018 3:35 AM

[quote] There was a real reason for that feeling of doom.

There as no reason to feel doom 30 minutes after the polls closed on the east coast. There was nothing that preceded the midterms that pointed at a possible bad day for Democrats, either. I understand that people were nervous, but the early fear was irrational.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2018 3:35 AM

Even better than just booting Republicans out of office, so many Democratic candidates won who are people of color and/or female. We made strides against the white male tyranny that is destroying the earth.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2018 3:43 AM

I think many of us have PTSD from 2016 so there were a lot of frayed nerves.

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2018 3:48 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2018 11:23 AM

Exactly as r19 said... I definitely was feeling gloom, especially with Florida and Georgia. I think for many of us—well, at least for me—is that we were feeling so optimistic, that we couldn’t help but be deflated at some of the early results. I worked the polls all day, and the turnout was incredible. The election of 2016 will, I think, continue to be one of the worst moments of many of our lives. We all have PTSD from it. Then the numbers for the House started turning; felt relief and elation!

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2018 11:43 AM

It would have been an even BIGGER wave if Republicans hadn't rigged and cheated in Florida and Georgia... and probably Texas too. If there had been free, fair, and accurate elections in those states, three more Democrats would have won, at least.

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2018 1:00 PM

Yes, dear. We knew this well over two weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2018 1:56 PM

This is great news but strategies to build on the success and try to long term convert some other states blue or in contention must be pursued .The last thing we need is complacency.

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2018 2:02 PM

Gerrymandering is on its way out. It's going to be a struggle, but after that, the House results will be even better.

MO, UT, CO, and MI passed ballot initiatives this midterm to eliminate gerrymandering! (Utah just barely, however, so there's a question how soon and how meaningfully it'll be implemented.)

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2018 2:09 PM

NC needs to be next

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2018 2:09 PM

R25: Gerrymandering needs to stop, but doing so won't help us. Single member districts are the enemy. You can rack up all the statewide and national votes you want, you don't win in a district, you're not getting that seat. We need proportional representation for the House and state legislatures. Or start finding a way to distribute our vote more efficiently.

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2018 8:09 PM

R25, PA it had to be drags to the supreme court and even then we are still arguing about the redistricting

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2018 8:26 PM

Also, I saw on a show stats of other huge wave elections. I don’t remember if they showed only Dem waves or both parties, but there were actually bigger waves than this year. But in the big picture, this is still a real blue wave (which they tried to deny) and a huge victory.

What I really want to see is huge dollars being spent to get the under 30 vote!!! Anyone here old enough to remember Rock the Vote on MTV? It worked!!! We need that NOW, start engaging that crowd now so they are locked and locked by 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2018 8:44 PM

Are you out front? Take Lucy if you go to bus stop

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2018 8:50 PM

Prime Minister of Japan trolled Donnie on his "historic victory". Of course the sarcasm totally flew under Donnie's radar and for a fleeting moment you could see him metaphorically hump Abe's leg with glee. World leaders now sure know how to work his narcissism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2018 9:03 PM

Trump is very easy to manipulate r31. Just give him bullshit flattery and he is in a good mood. Everyone knows that by now.

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2018 11:55 PM

We are still waiting to see these criminal Repugs in prison...Trump first.

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2018 12:27 AM

You must know, Russia stole seats for the Senate. They were able to accomplish that for Trump, no problem.

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2018 12:30 AM

It's absolutely delicious watching these stupid cunt trolls waste their time with their idiotic, mindless rightwing propaganda. They're so useless and ineffective, they should kill themselves now.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2018 5:34 PM

We consider it more of a ripple, a fluke. The country is enjoying Mr. Trump making America great again. He's the people's President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2018 5:52 PM

It could be 41 seats IF the hold a new NC09 seat race. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2018 5:59 PM

The max estimate I heard before the election was a 40 seat swap. Given that the Dems did manage to flip that amount, is really good news for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 38December 2, 2018 8:36 PM

OP, I LOVE that pic of the donkey!

by Anonymousreply 39December 3, 2018 9:05 PM

R34: You must know there is no evidence of that. You must accept that large swaths of this country are filled with awful people, and this year's Senate map unfortunately featured states with high concentrations of the awful. Awful people vote awfully. That isn't unexpected. And actually we did better than we should have, with Tester and Manchin winning. The Nelson loss was bad because Brenda Snips is a moron, but not totally unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 40December 3, 2018 9:22 PM

Haha. Idiots spent all this time trolling on here and they LOST 40 seats. Everybody hates Trump even more because of them. I hope they keep trolling even more so they can lose another 80 seats next time.

by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2018 1:48 AM

Depending on what happens in Ga's 9th District, we could possibly end up with a 41st seat.

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2018 2:07 AM

I meant North Carolina 9th district, not Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2018 2:08 AM

It may be 41 when it's all over. The NC-09 election (a seat previously held by a Republican) is still unresolved after the GOP's absentee-ballot stealing scam was exposed.

by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2018 3:07 AM

Poor trolls. I suspect even they know that all of their hard work went down the shitter. It must be demoralizing for them to realize that every time they troll, they're causing people to hate Trump even more.

by Anonymousreply 45December 13, 2018 6:52 PM

[quote]It must be demoralizing for them to realize that every time they troll, they're causing people to hate Trump even more.

As of course does Trump himself, by definition. There's nothing he can possibly now do to recover his situation.

All he will do to show he 'means business' is use his huge spade of stupid to dig himself deeper. Thus more hatred. He's in hell, and is too stupid to admit it yet.

by Anonymousreply 46December 13, 2018 7:12 PM

And remember, we still might get one more seat in North Carolina

by Anonymousreply 47December 13, 2018 7:50 PM

I feel like there are fewer trolls now than vs. the buildup to the Midterms. Maybe they got fired after they failed so miserably?

by Anonymousreply 48December 14, 2018 3:26 AM

With the decline in the price of oil, that means that Russia's main export and means of governmental support has also declined rapidly. Less government money, less money to spend on troll farms.

by Anonymousreply 49December 14, 2018 7:49 AM

Looks like there will be both a new primary and then a new election in South Carolina for that district 9th House seat. Yes! We have a REAL chance to take this seat now.

I only hope that cheating thief Mark Harris doesn't even get to run in the primary this time around.

by Anonymousreply 50December 14, 2018 11:38 PM

Because the election is over r48. Trolling is always the worst in the build to an election.

by Anonymousreply 51December 14, 2018 11:46 PM

Make that North Carolina in post above.

by Anonymousreply 52December 14, 2018 11:46 PM

40 seats?

That's nothing.

I helped the repubs gain 63 seats in 2010.

Why doesn't anyone talk about my greatest accomplishment?

by Anonymousreply 53December 19, 2018 9:36 PM

Oh fuck off, R53.

by Anonymousreply 54December 19, 2018 9:44 PM

R53, yes the fear of older, informed, knowledgeable women does scare white men into voting for Nazis. Thanks for the reminder.

Anyway, you guys, there are many state races coming up. One way to continue building a blue network is to write postcards to voterss. When we vote we win.

by Anonymousreply 55December 19, 2018 9:45 PM

The Map…

(Light colors are the party switches.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 19, 2018 10:52 PM

The Democrats won by a much larger percentage of the vote than the GOP did in 2010. But you know that, poor thing, the election must have been quite depressing.

by Anonymousreply 57December 19, 2018 11:32 PM

Why did two Democratic seats in Minnesota flip (according to the map)?

by Anonymousreply 58December 20, 2018 1:43 AM

They did, R58!

by Anonymousreply 59December 20, 2018 1:45 AM

Minnesota is a democratic State overall, although not overwhelmingly, but the rural areas can be very red. I don't recall all of the details, but the northern seat that flipped to them was one where the Democratic was an underdog all along.

by Anonymousreply 60December 20, 2018 3:03 AM

R58 writes,

[quote]Why did two Democratic seats in Minnesota flip (according to the map)?

[bold]Minnesota #01[/bold], according to Wikipedia.org using as its source [italic]Cook Political Report[/italic], has a partisan voting index (PVI) that is Republican +5. Tim Waltz, elected in 2018 to be the next governor of Minnesota, won a 2016 Democratic hold of Minnesota #01 by +0.76 percentage points while Hillary Clinton carried the state of Minnesota by +1.52. Republican Donald Trump won Minnesota #01, on a congressional district level, by +15.

[bold]Minnesota #08[/bold], rated by [italic]Cook Political Report[/italic] as Republican +4, gave 2016 Democratic winner Rick Nolan a margin of +0.56. Republican Donald Trump won Minnesota #08 by +14.

by Anonymousreply 61December 22, 2018 9:13 AM

If I add a streak of blue to my orange wavy hair, will Nancy appreciate the shout out?

by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2018 10:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!