Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

De Niro and wife split after twenty years

He's 75, she 63. I guess he's looking for something younger.

"The Raging Bull star, 75, married the actress and singer, 63, in 1997 after they met a decade earlier while she was working at Mr. Chow restaurant in London.

The couple welcomed their first child the following year but in 1999 De Niro filed for divorce and sued the former TWA flight attendant for custody of their son, Elliot. They subsequently reconciled and De Niro withdrew his divorce papers with the pair renewing their vows in 2010 at De Niro’s New York State farm near the Catskill Mountains in front of guests including Martin Scorsese, Meryl Streep and Tom Brokaw.

They welcomed a daughter, Helen, via surrogate in December 2011, when De Niro was 68."

by Anonymousreply 195December 13, 2018 9:26 PM

link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2018 3:02 AM

They broke this news right before Thanksgiving? who does that. Weird. He couldn't get Page Six to squash this until next week?

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2018 3:08 AM

Maybe they are both thankful to be getting out.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2018 3:10 AM

R3 out of what?

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2018 3:13 AM

Out of wedlock before the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2018 3:15 AM

She's bad news.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2018 3:15 AM

Why, R6?

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2018 3:16 AM

She's bad news? He's not exactly a barrel of fun and harmony you know. Very very difficult to live with, by all accounts.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2018 3:19 AM

I'm confuzzzzzed. She's a former waitress or a former TWA stewardess ?

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2018 3:21 AM

He's a mean drunk.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2018 3:28 AM

Maybe she likes the orange menace.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2018 3:33 AM

There was a story last year of him complaining that she lived lavishly off his hardwork and he was fed up of her lazy ass

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2018 3:41 AM

He needs to try a white wife for a change. He doesn't seem to be able to make it work with the sisters.

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2018 3:41 AM

R 12 link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2018 3:43 AM

She lived lavishly? He's worth 100s of millions, after all his film work and especially because of his large real estate portfolio and business holdings. He's made a mint in recent years - she's supposed to live sparingly?

I'm guessing he thinks he can find a more frugal, loyal partner who'll put up with his temper and crap at his age now. Good luck with that Bobby.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2018 3:46 AM

Also, he hasn't worked hard on a performance since, like, Cape Fear. Been phoning it in staring in pure shit ever since.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2018 3:52 AM

R15 and R16 wouldn't be saying that if she were white.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2018 3:58 AM

Yes I certainly would. Anyone who lives with this guy deserves every penny.

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2018 4:00 AM

Only one nomination since 1991. That is just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2018 4:08 AM

[quote] [R3] out of what?

Out of Africa, Rose...

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2018 4:09 AM

I always wondered if his love of black women stems (indirectly) from his father’s homosexuality. Maybe being the son of an out gay man in his generation made him feel like he fit better in less conventional relationships. I would imagine growing up in his era with a gay dad was probably difficult and must have carried at least some shame when he was younger. We are molded by our experiences. I also have always believed A Bronx Tale was very autobiographical and tried to explain his innate attraction to black women, that it was a strong pull for him starting in his youth.

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2018 4:13 AM

What kind of frau shit is that? He loves fucking black women because his dad was gay? Get the fuck out of here with that crap.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2018 4:21 AM

R21, That was Chazz Palmentari's story.

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2018 4:22 AM

*Palmenteri

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2018 4:24 AM

WHET Chazz Palmenteri? I haven't heard that name in years.

by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2018 4:25 AM

Got a restaurant in the theater district, who knew

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2018 4:27 AM

That's smart, R26. For him, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2018 4:29 AM

She had a certain grown-up glam at her peak. She didn't seem like she craved the spotlight from a celeb marriage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2018 4:32 AM

He's been acting deranged the last few years, so this is not unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2018 4:34 AM

"There was a story last year of him complaining that she lived lavishly off his hardwork and he was fed up of her lazy ass."

Why is it suddenly bothering him recently? Hightower is hardly the first celebrity wife to live large off her husband's career. And, they do have kids together, so at the very least, she's tending to some mom duties. Not that he can't legitimately want to get divorced, but I am sorta surprised.

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2018 4:37 AM

There were rumors that she treated their staff like shit. There was someone on here years ago who said he's on heroin and has been for years, enough to maintain and function. Someone else said they had heard the same thing. People forget he was with Belushi partying the night he died.

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2018 4:37 AM

R31 he also fucked around on Hightower throughout their marriage, allegedly. Their marriage always seemed like a contrarian gesture to the world, on his part.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2018 4:44 AM

He's been a dick for awhile, and sold out his acting legacy/reputation a LONG time ago! Good riddance, Grace!

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2018 4:53 AM

I always thought it was annoying how he got his then girlfriend (I don't think he ever married her) Diane Abbott, third billing on The King of Comedy.

Then Sandra Bernhard was fourth (yet should have been third) and SHELLEY HACK DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE POSTER!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2018 4:57 AM

They both had a reputation for being garbage.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2018 5:08 AM

DeNiro is an anti-vaxxer weirdo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2018 5:22 AM

R31 There's a lot of sleazy stuff about him that people overlook. Remember when he was questioned in France regarding a sex ring involving underage girls.

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2018 5:24 AM

Has he ever been linked with a white woman?

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2018 5:24 AM

I think one of his young boys is autistic, R36.

BTW, I think that "Grace Hightower" is a really cool name.

by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2018 5:40 AM

I hope he has to pay her a fortune. Good luck to the next woman who has to wipe his ass.

by Anonymousreply 40November 21, 2018 5:46 AM

Remember when he made a joke about all the wait staff being illegal Mexicans during his lifetime achievement speech at the Golden Globes

by Anonymousreply 41November 21, 2018 5:51 AM

There's an incredible story about an actress who was set up on a date with De Niro years ago. He took her to dinner or something and she was in his hotel. When she came out of the bathroom he was standing on the bed in his underwear jumping up and down and smiling and acting like a little kid LMAO.

So weird. Someone please find that on the internet. It's a marvelous read.

by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2018 5:56 AM

LOLOL:

Bobby then excuse himself and he said that he wanted to change into something more comfortable.I felt as though I was in an old movie and that he was reading a line from ascript. You know, usually the woman is the one that says 'Let me go change into something comfortable.'

Within seconds, he came prancing out in a thick Beverly Hills Hotel robe. He assured me that nothing was going to happen, and that he was not going to harm me . He said all of this as he was pulling me into the bedroom. I asked him back by saying:

'Oh, I know. Nothing is going to happen because I will kick your ass, if you try anything"

Suddenly, I was in my tough girl New York mode. He laughed and found it all amusing, and I thought he was being silly and playful. Never did I feel threatened or scared, if anything Bobby amused me with it all.

Suddenly Bobby jumped onto the bed and started acting like a little kid, jumping up and down. I could not believe my eyes. Here was the Great Robert DeNiro jumping up and down on a bed flashing me as his robe flew open.

Somehow I just could not get into the moment. I had arrived with a mission in mind, to find a resolution to this damn contract. I am a Taurus and we can be serious at times. This was one of those times. I demanded that he call me a cab. I told him that it was all ridiculous and a joke!

When Bobby hung up the phone from calling a cab, I asked him.'What would you do if there was a fire right now?' Until this day I have no idea why or where that question came from. Bobby replied 'Well, I guess I would run out of here!'

I then replied, everyone who saw you would say, "There goes DeNiro, what a little weenie!'

Yeah, I know, it was a bad choice of words, but you have to understand I was frustrated with these games. I wanted some advice and help with this contract. I was not in the moment or mood for this playful crap and I felt he was making light of it all, and he was. Why I chose the word 'Weenie' I do not know it. It flew right into my mouth. As I used the word. I meant he was weenie, but I am sure he thought I was speaking about his anatomy. That was not what I meant! That was completely intact, in all honesty.

by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2018 6:03 AM

He has actually put in several excellent performances in the past 25 years. Few hit movies, though.

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2018 12:27 PM

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2018 2:15 PM

R38 Supposedly he had a relationship with Uma Thurman around the time of Mad Dog and Glory.

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2018 2:20 PM

Will he take up with a model or actress first? Will she be over 30?

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2018 2:24 PM

He's a grumpy old baster.

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2018 2:43 PM

Maybe, he'll get back together with Naomi Campbell. She's 48. Is that too old for him?

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2018 3:23 PM

Naomi Campbell is a lesbian and in relationship with Kate Moss

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2018 7:44 PM

I can see him hooking up with a black actress, like Sanaa Latham or Nia Long type. He should have courted Naomi. She would have spent most her time in Europe and out of his hair.

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2018 8:02 PM

Yes, Grace Hightower is a very cool name. Good riddance to this jackass and I hope she takes him for all he’s worth.

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2018 8:07 PM

De Niro is such a overrated actor

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2018 8:09 PM

R53 yep

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2018 8:13 PM

Grace and Bobby had a daughter together not too long ago.

I really liked his girlfriend, Toukie Smith. She was a model and the sister of fashion designer, Willie Smith. She has a wonderful personality...always a good time when Toukie is around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2018 8:17 PM

Allegedly he punched out LeBaron Taylor, an exec at CBS/Sony Records, many years ago, when he was with Toukie Smith, because Taylor, who is African-American, made disparaging comments about DeNiro's preference for women of color.

by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2018 8:20 PM

[Quote]De Niro is such a overrated actor

Yes, but you must admit his name became one of the best brands in the business.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2018 8:21 PM

[quote] "Rumor has it, Robert and Grace are bickering over her coffee company, Grace Hightower & Coffees of Rwanda, as it's turning into a money pit. According to a source, Grace has frustrated business associates, as well as Robert, by dithering over simple decisions, and "changing her mind about how to run the business depending on who she spoke to last." "

So is Hightower's coffee company successful or really a money pit? How much money is it losing?

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2018 8:22 PM

His ex wife, Diahnne Abbot never remarried.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2018 8:26 PM

I’m curious about someone divorcing at 73. Seems an odd time to split with your support system - even if it’s not working perfectly, an average person would get a lot of comfort from being with someone who has been there for the highs and would stick through the lows of old age. I would see myself staying in a marriage - even if it became less than ideal - unless I wanted to leave money to someone other than my spouse when I die. Of course, I’m sure he has a crew of sycophants and younger potential trophy wives in the wings.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2018 8:31 PM

What's the deal with the 6-year-old daughter? Really by surrogate or the product of an affair?

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2018 8:40 PM

R60 Maybe he wants to come out and live openly as a gay man

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2018 8:41 PM

[quote]What's the deal with the 6-year-old daughter? Really by surrogate or the product of an affair?

Wikipedia says by surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2018 8:43 PM

surrogate means gay

by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2018 8:45 PM

His kids in pictures (Drena is not his biological child):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2018 8:47 PM

I wonder if the recent bomb threat spooked Grace and she's separating for safety reasons.

by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2018 8:47 PM

I worked at a place in NYC that she used to frequent. From my experience, she was always a little mean and rude and was not attractive at all (and this was about 15 years ago when she was much younger).

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2018 8:50 PM

She has great physical and speaking presence.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2018 8:53 PM

she looks like a man

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2018 9:00 PM

I agree. She looks like a man.

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2018 10:02 PM

She was very pretty when they met. She still is attractive. Perhaps she will have time to herself to get back in shape.

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2018 10:08 PM

His next wife will be Asian and much, much younger (of course).

by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2018 10:10 PM

Sometimes when older people divorce, it's because they have a sense of their mortality. "I might have 15 years left, if I'm lucky. I don't want to waste them on this bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2018 10:10 PM

Venus Williams is single. And so strong. Imagine the affect of her kegel muscles on a 75 year old!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2018 10:29 PM

R72 Asian wife in Hollywood means beard

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2018 10:29 PM

His son with Grace has autism and Grace thinks it is the result of a vaccination. His twin sons with Toukie are from a surrogate. So, three of his six kids are from surrogates.

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2018 10:30 PM

the other three are probably from surrogates too

by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2018 10:34 PM

A moment in Tony Awards history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2018 10:36 PM

off topic Pitt has bought all his children and has at least 3 kids from surrogates.

just look up Angelina Jolie fake pregnancy in google and look at the pictures

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2018 10:36 PM

Some celebrities out their siblings and parents but live in closet themselves to name a few Chris Evans, Amy Adams, De Niro, ...

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2018 10:42 PM

Anne Hathaway, Chloe Moretz,

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2018 10:43 PM

Sorry but why are some of you so obsessed with who he fucks and what their race is? Some men HAVE SPECIFIC TYPES and sometimes that’s being attracted to black women. I’ve met white men that only like black women. Why? They have their reasons. This one skinny white boy from Midwest suburbia loves black women. Legit has zero likes for white women or Hispanic etc. he loved big booty black women that “keep him in check”. Loves them. He’s only been with black women since leaving home and on his own.

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2018 10:57 PM

Because they are jealous, r82. Bobby's widely publicized preference for black women invalidates their steadfast belief that the black woman is worthless and undeserving of anyone's love.

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2018 11:07 PM

In some biography of his I read, they were going to split up a number of years ago. It was mostly because of her spending habits. Then, he got prostate cancer, and they decided to stay together.

It was really just a matter of time before they ended up divorcing. I could see him not marrying again.

by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2018 11:08 PM

Also, Bobby is Italian. Italian is not WASP and they have some seasoning. They aren’t unseasoned meat like WASPs.

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2018 11:09 PM

i know first hand on the staff treatment

by Anonymousreply 86November 22, 2018 12:34 AM

You're full of shit, r86.

by Anonymousreply 87November 22, 2018 12:39 AM

He will date me next!

by Anonymousreply 88November 22, 2018 12:55 AM

She’s tired of hearing him yell at the tv when CNN is on.

Now he has to find another black woman to share his twilight years.

by Anonymousreply 89November 22, 2018 1:32 AM

r38 De Niro also dated Ashley Judd many years ago when she first hit the scene.

His twins with Toukie if I recall were born after they broke up, does anyone else recall this? He agreed to let her have the kids as some kind of break up thing. He got together with Grace just around the time they were born.

by Anonymousreply 90November 22, 2018 1:40 AM

R60, Oh, for Pete's sake. There are plenty of elderly widows (and some widowers) who get by. I'm sure multi-millionaire celebrity De Niro will be able to, as well.

by Anonymousreply 91November 22, 2018 2:12 AM

R63 Surrogate. There was a blind that a surrogate mom found out she was carrying for a celebrity and wanted to know who it was, and when the celeb and his wife learned this they ordered she abort if she dared ask again, so she kept her mouth shut to get her cash. From the clues, it was obviously DeNiro and Hightower.

by Anonymousreply 92November 22, 2018 2:55 AM

R38 He dated Shelly Winters early in his career and was with Ryan O'Neill's ex for a few years after he split with his first wife.

by Anonymousreply 93November 22, 2018 2:57 AM

He also supported a daughter for 10 years until a paternity test revealed he was not the father. The mom wasn't satisfied with her cash day. She tried to get the court to increase the amount of support he was already paying. His lawyer advised him to ask for a paternity test.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 22, 2018 3:21 AM

Wow. He's had non-stop fam dram.

by Anonymousreply 95November 22, 2018 3:22 AM

He's 75-damn years old. The guy probably just wants no drama for the rest of his days, peacefully and happily.

Nothing wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 96November 22, 2018 3:26 AM

What's this about his father being gay? Never heard that before.

by Anonymousreply 97November 22, 2018 3:36 AM

Isn't Bobby more Jewish than Italian, like 90 percent Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 98November 22, 2018 3:40 AM

Robert Anthony De Niro Jr.[4] was born on August 17, 1943, in the Manhattan borough of New York City, the only child of painters Virginia Admiral and Robert De Niro Sr.[5]He is of Irish and Italian descent on his father's side,[6] while his mother had Dutch, English, French, and German ancestry.[7]

by Anonymousreply 99November 22, 2018 3:41 AM

Well, according to Bananarama he's talking Italian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 22, 2018 3:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 22, 2018 3:49 AM

If only Yoga Mama Baldwin had a younger sister. That would perfect. She could have a couple of kids real quick and Alec and De Niro could share playground duty.

by Anonymousreply 102November 22, 2018 3:57 AM

Hasn't he bred enough for one lifetime?

by Anonymousreply 103November 22, 2018 3:59 AM

I like Bobby. He’s a great role model.

by Anonymousreply 104November 22, 2018 4:03 AM

He’s currently shooting the bio-drama, A PREDILECTION FOR NEGRESSES.

by Anonymousreply 105November 22, 2018 4:04 AM

"Wow. He's had non-stop fam dram."

I prefer "no-sto fam dram."

by Anonymousreply 106November 22, 2018 4:15 AM

R97 Robert De Niro: Me & My Gay Dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 22, 2018 9:18 AM

She’s close friends with DL icon Somers Farkas...

by Anonymousreply 108November 22, 2018 9:33 AM

He'll have two more kids.

by Anonymousreply 109November 22, 2018 12:20 PM

Many years ago I knew someone who worked for him. She eventually sued for wage theft. He was also sued by the staff of his restaurant for stealing tips. More recently I knew someone who did some minor work for the family and yet again he stiffed wages. The girl many years ago described the marriage as miserable with ugly fights over money and that he had a scary temper. Also the older children don’t like the wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 22, 2018 1:04 PM

Oh, fuck off, R17. Racism is bad enough without you trying to place it behind every tree.

by Anonymousreply 111November 22, 2018 1:08 PM

Rolls eyes at R83.

by Anonymousreply 112November 22, 2018 3:21 PM

He slept with Ashley Judd, on the set of Heat.

by Anonymousreply 113November 23, 2018 12:51 AM

r112 see r105 for proof, and keep rolling your eyes until it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 114November 23, 2018 12:54 AM

One thing you can take to the bank: He's got a new Mrs. waiting in the wings. They may not get legally married but she's the catalyst for this breakup.

by Anonymousreply 115November 23, 2018 1:17 AM

r115 - Rudy

by Anonymousreply 116November 23, 2018 1:32 AM

[Quote]One thing you can take to the bank: He's got a new Mrs. waiting in the wings.

What color is his PA, nanny, hostess at his restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 117November 23, 2018 1:59 AM

I watched Raging Bull for the first time a few weeks ago. Good Fellas with boxing but definitely not as good.

by Anonymousreply 118November 23, 2018 2:06 AM

R118, I think Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, King of Comedy and Bringing out the Dead are all better than Raging Bull.

by Anonymousreply 119November 23, 2018 2:26 AM

Never realized DeNiro was so unliked on here.

Not just this thread but all the recent DL threads I’ve seen.

Don’t really care either way just interesting.

by Anonymousreply 120November 23, 2018 2:45 AM

I've never heard Pacino to be as temperamental or demanding as De Niro, but he is way more eccentric for sure. Strange dude.

by Anonymousreply 121November 23, 2018 2:47 AM

DeNiro is great. People are mad he likes black women, for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 122November 23, 2018 2:54 AM

Because DL hates the blacks, r122.

by Anonymousreply 123November 23, 2018 2:56 AM

DeNiro has a complicated story. Acting was/is overrated at times, but he was a truly great artist in his prime — he reminds me in his early days of Christian Bale for some reason. I guess it’s the Method thing.

Also, in spite of his artistry, he ran with the most hardcore party crowd for many many years. He and Robin Williams were with Belushi in his private bungalow at Chateau Marmont (I believe) the night Belushi od’ed. Belushi had a female dealer who made drug runs for him that night and injected him, and watched over him as he slept. Both Robin and Bob were disturbed by her, they felt she was dangerous and too hard-core as she was the dealer for the Stones too. She freaked them out, and they were freaked that their good friend was fucking her and letting her shoot him up as much as he wanted whenever he wanted. So he partied — but he apparently had some limits too, I think he stuck with coke and didn’t touch H.

Add to that DeNiro’s willingness to coast in the last chapter of his movie career combined with his crass political statements, and it’s just....really Bob? Idk. In some ways I think he may be a hot hot mess who never truly grew up.

by Anonymousreply 124November 23, 2018 3:12 AM

DeNiro had a gay dad so I give him that.

by Anonymousreply 125November 23, 2018 3:38 AM

Crass political statements?? As in calling Trump the Punk he is?

by Anonymousreply 126November 23, 2018 3:49 AM

R37 Go fuck yourself, you insane pizz agate asshole. Holy Christ you are tiresome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 23, 2018 4:21 AM

R120, it could be Trumpsters upset at "Fuck Trump".

Whatever De Niro expressed about the orange, crass or not, one is what millions feel. And who is more crass than the guy in the WH...

by Anonymousreply 128November 23, 2018 4:22 AM

Correction: "orange one, crass or not,"

by Anonymousreply 129November 23, 2018 4:24 AM

I don't think De NIro has been "coasting" in his later years. There just aren't that many great roles out there for an actor of his age, no matter how famous or accomplished he is. If he does movies that aren't that good it's because he still wants to work, and no doubt he still gets paid very well. As for his personal life, well, it's obvious he prefers dark women, but it's strange because none of his African American wives have been particularly attractive or easy to get along with. Maybe he just likes that type. Anyway, his public put-downs of Trump are admirable. I hope he keeps it up.

by Anonymousreply 130November 23, 2018 4:33 AM

He is rumoured to have had an affair with Jessica Lange when they were making Night and the City in the very early 1990s. After filming was finished they just went back to the respective partners.

by Anonymousreply 131November 23, 2018 4:36 AM

R121 Pacino has also given his share of great performance in this chapter of his career along with his paycheck roles (Angels in America, Insomnia, You Dont know Jack). I’ve mentioned this before in other Pacino/DeNiro threads, but even in his most crappy of movies - like Jack and Jill most notably - he gives performances where you just want to shake him and say “why are you wasting your effort on a turd like this?” I don’t know if it’s admirable or absolutely insane.

Point being Pacino can still be inspired often enough to make him be worth watching - can’t say the same for DeNiro (also one of the worst SNL hosts ever). I’ve seen him in person though - he’s a midget :)

by Anonymousreply 132November 23, 2018 5:28 AM

I wouldn't say that AIA was Pacino's paycheck role. Partly because actors didn't work with Nichols for paycheck, and partly because AIA is a great text and Cohn is a great part.

by Anonymousreply 133November 23, 2018 5:33 AM

R133 I know exactly the examples I put in parentheses are great performances he gave in relatively recent years (along with his “paycheck roles.”)

by Anonymousreply 134November 23, 2018 8:40 AM

I hope he starts dating Blac Chyna.

by Anonymousreply 135November 23, 2018 4:21 PM

I suggest Halle Berry. That would be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 136November 23, 2018 4:36 PM

I’ve seen both DeNiro and Pacino in person. Both are midgets with Pacino bring the taller I think.

by Anonymousreply 137November 23, 2018 4:40 PM

R38, No.

by Anonymousreply 138November 23, 2018 4:45 PM

R, 83. Gay men who ponder others dating preferences is the most ironic thing ever. EVER. In the history of irony.

by Anonymousreply 139November 23, 2018 4:54 PM

R135, I'm guessing Bobby likes authentic black women not bleached out build a body bitches.

by Anonymousreply 140November 23, 2018 4:55 PM

I don't understand people say he dated Naomi Campbell -- they also say Puffy was dating her --- but then other people say Naomi and Kate Moss have been in a long term relationship and are both lesbians.

The fuck?

by Anonymousreply 141November 24, 2018 12:53 AM

He did date Naomi.

by Anonymousreply 142November 24, 2018 1:16 AM

Naomi is absolutely STUNNING. Can you blame him?

by Anonymousreply 143November 24, 2018 1:17 AM

Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss aren't lesbians. They're slutty heterosexual supermodels.

by Anonymousreply 144November 24, 2018 1:17 AM

Naomi WAS stunning. Now, she's almost bald and almost 50.

by Anonymousreply 145November 24, 2018 1:28 AM

At almost 50 she looks pretty incredible to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 24, 2018 1:34 AM

R141 He did date Naomi Campbell. When they broke up, she practically stalked him.

by Anonymousreply 147November 24, 2018 2:05 AM

EVERYBODY "dated" Naomi Campbell. She's really gotten around.

by Anonymousreply 148November 24, 2018 2:09 AM

Good for her,

by Anonymousreply 149November 24, 2018 2:10 AM

Yes. She was, years ago, engaged to Adam Clayton, U2 bassist. She dated Eric Clapton.

by Anonymousreply 150November 24, 2018 2:11 AM

I believe Iman is the one who is bald, not Naomi.

by Anonymousreply 151November 24, 2018 2:15 AM

Naomi Campbell is one of the biggest whores in the supermodel industry. She'll fuck anyone, and she'll continue to fuck you if you have the dough.

by Anonymousreply 152November 24, 2018 2:17 AM

It's not like De Niro can freely "do" anything with his new-found freedom: ancient plumbing.

by Anonymousreply 153November 24, 2018 2:18 AM

R152, true. She's "dated" Russian oligarchs.

by Anonymousreply 154November 24, 2018 2:32 AM

I waited on Hightower once. Uppity is the first word that comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 155November 24, 2018 3:02 AM

Why is everyone trashing Naomi Campbell? She’s beautiful, smart and RICH herself. Who she fucks is her business.

If it were Cindy Crawford or Linda Evangelista y’all wouldn’t care. But a beautiful black woman has to be torn apart so you feel better about your pathetic lives.

by Anonymousreply 156November 24, 2018 3:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 24, 2018 3:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 24, 2018 3:14 AM

De Niro and Meryl absolutely fucked around (what leading men of hers hasn't she done?) during the post-Deerhunter years, after John Cazale died. Maybe around the time of Falling in Love, not sure.

by Anonymousreply 159November 24, 2018 3:19 AM

"Why is everyone trashing Naomi Campbell?"

Because she's a horrible person, an egotistical cunt of monumental proportions who has childish temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way. She also gets violent; she's been brought up on assault charges more than once. When she was fucking Adam Clayton (and possibly Bono, too) she was going on U2 tours; the tour crews hated her for her "no nonsense sense of entitlement."

by Anonymousreply 160November 24, 2018 3:21 AM

He is a very bad alcoholic. It’s only progressed over the last few years and he’s had hospitalizations and brushes with death . This wreaks havoc on a family . I imagine that this is a large part of the dissolution of the marriage .

by Anonymousreply 161November 24, 2018 3:24 AM

R155 I’m often tempted to use that word about certain black women but I know better - my parents told me a long time ago that’s not a word you say out loud...

by Anonymousreply 162November 24, 2018 3:41 AM

He as in DeNiro is a drunk? NO way. Are you kidding? There's never even been a whisper that he's ever had any vice issues at all.

by Anonymousreply 163November 24, 2018 4:55 AM

Uppity

Taking liberties or assuming airs beyond one's place in a social heirarchy. Assuming equality with someone higher up the social ladder.

by Anonymousreply 164November 24, 2018 10:06 AM

He should give Grace Jones a call. They are both in their 70s, he loves strong minded and complex women, and he wouldn't have to replace the stationary or towels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 24, 2018 11:07 AM

R162 how is she not of a higher level than someone serving her?!

by Anonymousreply 166November 24, 2018 12:38 PM

IKR, R166.

by Anonymousreply 167November 24, 2018 12:40 PM

His next wife will be Tiffany Haddish.

by Anonymousreply 168November 24, 2018 1:16 PM

R156. Those women aren't whores. Facts are facts.

by Anonymousreply 169November 24, 2018 1:40 PM

Plus I don't like anyone who abuses the help. How narcissistic do you have to be to continually assault your maids and stylists.

by Anonymousreply 170November 24, 2018 1:41 PM

He always pings as a creep.

by Anonymousreply 171November 24, 2018 2:41 PM

He stalked a friend who was a waitress a number of years ago, young, mixed race, a stunner. She was turned off by him and said he under tipped.

by Anonymousreply 172November 24, 2018 3:02 PM

Is it true Rachel Roy considered getting a restraining order against DeNiro for his constant pursuit of her (and her rejecting him)?

by Anonymousreply 173November 24, 2018 5:27 PM

R173 That’s a damn lie

by Anonymousreply 174November 24, 2018 5:49 PM

Sounds like a bunch of trump lovers on here.Whoever he hates they hate sad but true.Anyone into trump in 2018/19 needs a head examination for sure.

by Anonymousreply 175November 24, 2018 6:13 PM

Yes, I thought the same, R175.

by Anonymousreply 176November 24, 2018 6:30 PM

Are you kidding r163? De Niro was a coke hound for the ages back in the 70s and 80s, and maybe beyond that. He was famously freebasing with John Belushi and Robin Williams at the Chateau Marmont the night Belushi od'd.

If other rumors are true, he's chased the dragon as well. As in smack, possibly up until several years ago. He's certainly had his demons.

by Anonymousreply 177November 24, 2018 10:49 PM

Don't be surprised to see De Niro featured in the 2019 'In Memoriam' section of the next Oscar telecast.

by Anonymousreply 178November 25, 2018 7:58 AM

Oh, no R178, I seriously hope that’s not true...

by Anonymousreply 179November 25, 2018 9:38 AM

Chasing the dragon means opium not heroin.

I can’t believe the Janet troll hasn’t arrived yet.

by Anonymousreply 180November 25, 2018 9:59 AM

Didn't he stalk Whitney Houston, too?

by Anonymousreply 181November 28, 2018 8:34 PM

Robin Williams and De Niro were not "free basing" with John Belushi on the night he died. They were doing coke with him, but it was no different from any other night. Apparently doing lines of coke with friends or acquaintances was a casual occurrence for all of them. Belushi wasn't free basing, either. He was speedballing; injecting a lethal combo of cocaine and heroin.

I doubt De Niro will be seen in the "2019 'In Memoriam' section of the next Oscar telecast." He seems in reasonably good shape for a man his age and I've never heard anywhere that he has a serious drug habit, although he may have had one when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 182November 28, 2018 9:10 PM

R181 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 183November 28, 2018 10:51 PM

One thing I've heard about him is the reason he's not seen on talk shows is he's a bit of a bore. Not a great interview. Not a horrible flaw but still. Being a cheap bastard surprises me because people who came from nothing and make it big are usually good tippers. His only philanthropic endeavor, from what I can see, is the Tribeca Film Festival which at this point is self-sustaining and profitable. From which he probably takes a cut. Feh.

Loved him with Toukie Smith who is a doll and the sister of the fabulous clothing designer Willi Smith, creator of WilliWear Ltd. He died in 87 from AIDS and I remember the feeling of "there goes another genius" :(

by Anonymousreply 184November 29, 2018 6:11 AM

I thought his wife was rich. they will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 185November 29, 2018 6:40 AM

YOU keep rolling your eyes, R114, until they gyrate right on out of your haid. You rolly-eyed little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 186November 30, 2018 12:54 AM

Yeah, R156, because she’s black, she’s untouchable on criticism?! Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 187November 30, 2018 12:57 AM

His next girlfriend -- Willow Smith. She turned 18 this past Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 188November 30, 2018 1:00 AM

There is a BI saying he actually has a side piece that is barely legal, although the wife spending money was a problem,

by Anonymousreply 189December 5, 2018 4:47 PM

R189, source?

by Anonymousreply 190December 5, 2018 5:58 PM

The BI was on AGC.

by Anonymousreply 191December 5, 2018 6:35 PM

Do not use the word uppity. It’s only ever used to describe black people. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 192December 5, 2018 8:16 PM

Robert De Niro is a producer on Bohemian Rhapsody?!

by Anonymousreply 193December 12, 2018 7:39 PM

R193, yes.

by Anonymousreply 194December 12, 2018 8:23 PM

I don't know where you are from, but in Texas uppity is used to describe all races, all people.

by Anonymousreply 195December 13, 2018 9:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!