Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Entire class gives nazi salute at school in Baraboo, Wisconsin

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418December 7, 2018 5:10 PM

Damn it, data lounge.

A school in Wisconsin is being investigated after a photo emerged showing dozens of students performing Nazi salutes.

The image surfaced on Twitter after it was shared by an account named “Welcome to Baraboo”. The post – now deleted – was captioned: “We even got the black kid to throw it up."

It shows more than 50 young men in suits smiling and laughing on the steps of the county courthouse in Baraboo, a town of around 10,000 people. Most of them are lifting their right arms above their head, apparently to mimic the 'Sig Heil' greeting popularised in Hitler's Germany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2018 4:17 PM

[quote]“We even got the black kid to throw it up."

Can you imagine being that guy. You already have to deal with being the token minority at school, and then having your classmates wanting to push you into glorifying Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2018 4:21 PM

You can see not everyone is giving the salute.

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2018 4:22 PM

There is one kid (Jordan Blue) who is in the photo who has come out and said he didn't want to be there and doesn't support what they were doing.

He says he "hates that he's in the pic, hates that this is his class and is absolutely against his beliefs." It's on the Facebook page for the city police department in the comments.

You just know this whole town is a sea of racism and deplorables. There are a lot of other incidents surfacing of bullying and racist behavior that wasn't addressed by the school.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2018 4:27 PM

This is a great example of today's really really really dumb kids. Their parents will do nothing about this.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2018 4:27 PM

[quote]You can see not everyone is giving the salute.

" Only one of those shown in the photo is neither performing the salute, nor laughing."

Only the guy in the last row on the far right is doing neither from what I can tell. The partially obscured faces make it slightly difficult to tell for certain, but even they appear to be laughing though they may be just smiling for the picture. Only the guy in the back is clearly and obviously not amused.

What I don't see is "“We even got the black kid to throw it up." I don't see any black guys, but I'm not good at where's Waldo. The only obviously non-white people I can see are the three guys on the right who might be either hispanic or asian.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2018 4:29 PM

I think it more an example of today's really really really dumb parents.

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2018 4:30 PM

"But they're just misunderstood! We need to reach out and see their point of view! This is why we lost 2016!"

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2018 4:30 PM

They need to be punished. Send them to my office, two at a time.

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2018 4:31 PM

I agree with R5. Many parents will say that this was some youthful prank and laugh it off. They may even ridicule the other parents who are angry about this picture and tell them to get a sense of humor. Whatever happens next, this picture makes me sick.

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2018 4:33 PM

[quote]This is a great example of today's really really really dumb kids.

Some may be dumb but others know what they're doing.

It's a question of indoctrination by various means, be it parents, alt-right media, Faux News Nation, toxic social media, "white anxiety", Trump, etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2018 4:34 PM

The Nazi salute makes some of them look fat.

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2018 4:35 PM

Photo was taken by a parent (who may also be an official school photographer) and proudly displayed on some kind of school photo album.

by Anonymousreply 13November 12, 2018 4:35 PM

We shouldn't get numb to the banality of evil.

by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2018 4:37 PM

Basket of deplorables.

Never did a politician speak more truth..

When are you going to accept that is what half the US is.

by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2018 4:38 PM

I really thought we settled the whole Nazis are bad question years and years ago. Did these people not see the New Adventures of Wonder Woman starring the wonderful Lynda Carter?

by Anonymousreply 16November 12, 2018 4:43 PM

Edgy

🙄

by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2018 4:44 PM

Apparently the photographer suggested that they perform the salute -- and they willingly went right along with it, joking and laughing. Yeah, really funny.. One asshole in the middle of the front row is giving the "white power" signal with his hand. What a bunch of jerks.

by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2018 4:50 PM

They’ll claim they were just doing it to be outrageous and don’t really share nazi beliefs, just kids doing what you’re not supposed to. Count on it.

So let’s give them all al qaeda flags with Osama’s face on them and ask them to wave them for the picture as they laugh their heads off ....

(crickets)

by Anonymousreply 19November 12, 2018 4:53 PM

[quote]Only the guy in the last row on the far right is doing neither from what I can tell.

That’s ironic!

by Anonymousreply 20November 12, 2018 4:54 PM

The school is a breeding ground for white supremicist nipples.

Here is a report of abuse from a bicracial student

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 12, 2018 4:55 PM

There are a couple of Asian kids in the photo not making the sign.

I am guessing they may be Hmong.

My old office mate was Hmong and lived in Wisconsin very briefly before moving to the Twin Cities.

He left because of the racial harassment that ended with someone breaking into his family’s garage and planting a dead deer in the middle of it.

So that’s the message these kids may have grown up with - from parents.

I wonder if these guys could sit down with a surviving WW2 vet (still a few left) or a Holocaust survivor and hear what it’s like to see a mass of white men showing allegiance to Nazism.

Would it make a difference?

by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2018 4:55 PM

Zero tolerance.

Fucking expel every one of them who saluted.

by Anonymousreply 23November 12, 2018 4:59 PM

[quote]I think it more an example of today's really really really dumb parents.

I think some of you need to get off that high horse you love judging parents/straight people/women with, and wake the fuck up. Fascism, of the full-blown Nazi variety, is alive and well in Trump’s America.

This is a lot bigger than one photo or “bad parenting.” Our country was hijacked when we weren’t looking.

by Anonymousreply 24November 12, 2018 5:00 PM

I’m guessing the guy in the back row right is family.

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2018 5:00 PM

The photographer removed the image from his website and replaced it with this barely comprehensible message

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2018 5:02 PM

I am dead serious about this: PLEASE take note as to the locale of this photo. It is not deep in deplorable country. It is not below the Mason Dixon line and it most certainly is not in a former Confederate state.

All weekend here folks were writing how very racist the state of Florida is, and of course it is "Shit on AL, MS and Ga Day"" 365 days a year here.

Racism is most certainly NOT a southern thing these days. I will go as far as to say that in most of the Old Deep South states children are reared better than to do something like this in a formal public, preserved for posterity manner. Perhaps a small group of the "bad kids" might do such a thing on their own time, but never would they sully a school event with this asshole childish acting out.

by Anonymousreply 27November 12, 2018 5:03 PM

Deplorable Trump Parent: “With all that’s going on in the world with Benghazi and the Emails, how can you even question the boys’ integrity & good intentions??

by Anonymousreply 28November 12, 2018 5:03 PM

This comes from 4chan and meme culture, where Nazism and fascism is embraced; only about one-third are actually Nazis or fascists, and the other two-thirds "ironically" embrace racism and fascism as a way to be edgy, not realizing that it's impossible to tell "ironic" racism and fascism apart from ACTUAL racism and fascism.

In my opinion, the "ironic" fascists are worse than the actual fascists, because they claim to know better but are out there legitimizing and disarming it with humor.

by Anonymousreply 29November 12, 2018 5:04 PM

[quote]breeding ground for white supremicist nipples.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2018 5:05 PM

The Nazi photographer’s son is named Thor 🙄

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2018 5:06 PM

"Can you imagine being that guy. You already have to deal with being the token minority at school, and then having your classmates wanting to push you into glorifying Nazis."

If the black kid goes off to college at a school that has any sort of diversity, I'm sure the other black kids will bring it up. Nothing dies anymore, it's all archived.

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2018 5:07 PM

Trash

by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2018 5:09 PM

I know rural/small town Wisconsin was never the same was the areas that gave Wisc it's progressive rep. But, still, what the hell has happened to WI over the past decade? And, why didn't MN follow?

by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2018 5:10 PM

The photographer’s message does indeed make no damn sense, R26. Anyone speak Barabooese?

by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2018 5:12 PM

R26, that's a Trump or Palin word salad rival right there

by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2018 5:13 PM

Interesting, isn't it, that now the photographer claims that he has become the victim. Poor little snowflake; he thought this was funny, and found out the hard way that it wasn't. Now he goes crying about being bullied. Unreal.

by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2018 5:13 PM

These are kids of my GenX peers. GenX has failed miserably at parenting.

by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2018 5:13 PM

r24/fatguntfrau,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2018 5:15 PM

The photographer's message is an extraordinary mind-fuck: R37, what he's doing is claiming that those opposed to racism and fascism are guilty of bullying HIM.

I believe that this started with Melania, and the right is going to make it their go-to defense. Their base knows it's false, but they'll eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2018 5:19 PM

R26 According to that website, before he started doing photography, the photographer spent his career in public education. It doesn't actually say teacher, so I'm hoping it means a school janitor or something. Also says his wife is employed as a full time "educator".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 12, 2018 5:19 PM

Minnesotan here. Wisconsin is more redneck (to put it lightly) than we are, overall. You can tell the moment you cross the state border. There are plenty of exceptions - Madison? Milwaukee? I can’t imagine the racism that is alive and well in small towns in WI. We have that as well, in rural MN, but we will always be more blue.

This photo is indeed sickening.

by Anonymousreply 42November 12, 2018 5:19 PM

[Quote]Also says his wife is employed as a full time "educator".

I guarantee this means "homeschooling housewife"

by Anonymousreply 43November 12, 2018 5:24 PM

Sorry, that was for R35, not R37.

Also: I agree with the posters who are saying that 1) we are fools if we point our fingers at the South as this sickness begins to crop up all around us, including in our blue sanctuaries, and 2) our nihilistic, 24/7 entertainment, internet-obsessed culture is certainly driving its spread.

by Anonymousreply 44November 12, 2018 5:25 PM

R39 = Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 45November 12, 2018 5:29 PM

r24 / r45 / fatguntfrau,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 12, 2018 5:32 PM

When The Auschwitz Museum comments, you know you fucked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 12, 2018 5:32 PM

shitheads

by Anonymousreply 48November 12, 2018 5:34 PM

Don't know why the "Sure, Jan" poster is flinging insults at R24.

[quote]This is a lot bigger than one photo or “bad parenting.” Our country was hijacked when we weren’t looking.

What part of that statement is untrue?

by Anonymousreply 49November 12, 2018 5:37 PM

The Blue kid who refused to salute also says he’s been bullied for years and the school turned a blind eye. And yes to the poster upthread, would not surprise me if he’s family.

[quote]Also: I agree with the posters who are saying that 1) we are fools if we point our fingers at the South as this sickness begins to crop up all around us, including in our blue sanctuaries

After a childhood in the Deep South, never heard the n word said aloud in public, til I moved to Massachusetts as a teen.

by Anonymousreply 50November 12, 2018 5:38 PM

In R39’s mind, opposing Nazism makes one a “fatguntfrau.”

Someone dig up FDR and let him know.

Where do these trolls come from?

by Anonymousreply 51November 12, 2018 5:40 PM

Jordan Blue, he of the snazzy tuxedo, non saluting arm and solid backbone, made this statement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 12, 2018 5:40 PM

Baraboo is typical Wisconsin trash.

Pasty inbred cowfuckers, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 53November 12, 2018 5:41 PM

[Quote] I think some of you need to get off that high horse you love judging parents/straight people/women with, and wake the fuck up.

Because of this statement r49. It is about str8 people and bad parenting.

by Anonymousreply 54November 12, 2018 5:42 PM

r51 / fatguntfrau,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 12, 2018 5:43 PM

[quote]opposing Nazism makes one a “fatguntfrau.”

Actually, being a fat frau with a gunt makes one a "fatguntfrau".

by Anonymousreply 56November 12, 2018 5:45 PM

Who is the parent that tells the kids to give a GROUP NAZI SALUTE?

by Anonymousreply 57November 12, 2018 5:46 PM

Jordan Blue won Mr Congeniality at the Fairest Of The Fair pageant!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 12, 2018 5:47 PM

Half those kids would kill with glee (minorities, gays, Jews)

I’m getting frightened for the future

by Anonymousreply 59November 12, 2018 5:48 PM

People like r51 never put the blame on parents and kids. It's always something else at fault. That's is why she is a fatguntfrau. My comments/gifs have nothing to doing with Nazism but of course she/chicken little goes to the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 60November 12, 2018 5:51 PM

Which ones in the photo are uncut and which are cut?

by Anonymousreply 61November 12, 2018 5:52 PM

And people think Wisconsin will turn blue. lol... The Rustbelt is a lost cause with Ohio,Indiana, and Wisconsin racing each other to the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 62November 12, 2018 5:52 PM

The fatguntfrau troll is definitely a Nazi. This is how they operate: deflect, derail, mock the opposition, act like everything’s a joke.

Be vigilant, America. You’re being turned inside out right now. Nothing is normal.

by Anonymousreply 63November 12, 2018 5:53 PM

r49 see r60

by Anonymousreply 64November 12, 2018 5:53 PM

r63 = Russian troll

Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 65November 12, 2018 5:54 PM

The fatguntfrau troll is also a buzzkill.

by Anonymousreply 66November 12, 2018 5:54 PM

R63 is a "one post" troll." Keep that in mind people.

by Anonymousreply 67November 12, 2018 5:55 PM

I try not to use the block button much, but I think it's warranted here, friends. Let's get this back on topic.

I was struck by R50's comment:

[quote]After a childhood in the Deep South, never heard the n word said aloud in public, til I moved to Massachusetts as a teen.

I have elderly relatives who still use that word, as well as parents who don't say it, but gleefully support Trump's every move. They were all born and raised in rural Mass.

by Anonymousreply 68November 12, 2018 6:02 PM

[quote] And people think Wisconsin will turn blue. lol.

Wisconsin IS blue, except for the 2016 election. And it probably would have been blue in 2016 if Hillary had bothered to campaign in the state. Last week, Wisconsin elected Tammy Baldwin, an open lesbian, to a second term as U.S. senator by a huge margin over the GOP candidate. Plus, Scott Walker was defeated by the Democrat in the governor's race.

Rural parts of Wisconsin can be very trashy, racist and conservative. But there are also plenty of liberals in Wisconsin - enough that Wisconsin should go blue in 2020 (unless we nominate a Democrat who is totally out of touch with the Midwest).

by Anonymousreply 69November 12, 2018 6:09 PM

Yes, the comment made by R50 brings up a point which those of you Northeast intellectuals would know nothing about, and that is that in the South, 85% of us were reared with a family who valued good manners accompanied by a genteel politeness which extends even to the lower classes. It's the whole "yes ma'am, no sir, please and thank you" thing. People in the former Confederate states are taught that using the n word is ugly and it reflects badly upon one's family. And the idea of using it publicly especially within earshot of a black person? Never!

I myself was blown away when first hearing that distinctive "Nomah, Suawxxz accent used by Fallon in that ongoing skit with his gf Denise on SNL using the n word as if it were just another noun in a clothing store. "That's a niggah shirt" one said in comment to his friend trying on a mildly hip hop fashioned top. You would not hear that in Savannah or Mobile.

All I'm saying is that it is becoming both tiresome as well as inaccurate to read DL dumping on the south in nearly every political thread. If racism is your cause, please be fair and cite the fact that it is growing in leaps and bounds all over the country. There are a hell of a lot of Confederate flags shipped to California, and all of those country bars such as the one with the recent shootings use them as décor.

by Anonymousreply 70November 12, 2018 6:20 PM

Because R34

We aren’t a state of followers.

Much of our culture came from settlers from common sense liberal societies. Liberal politics here are very much grassroots and embedded deeply. I’d say we don’t really care what the rest of the country thinks about things, we go with what we think is right.

The Twin Cities are very, very gay and progressive.

We elected the first Muslim to the U.S. Congress. This was still during the Bush/Cheney regime.

We were mocked for the Jesse Ventura Governorship and sure, there were people who voted for him because of WHO he was. But that couldn’t have carried him to victory if he didn’t have some good policies. He went of the rails later but he was a breath of fresh ate against the career politicians we had running at the time.

He blocked public money used to build stadiums for billionaire’s pet sports teams and got a light rail system, which republicans especially scorned, installed. Oh and when it was a success Tim Pawlenty was there extolling it virtues of course.

by Anonymousreply 71November 12, 2018 6:24 PM

R70, agreed: The South is to blame for exporting its racism and Confederacy.

by Anonymousreply 72November 12, 2018 6:24 PM

Each perrson saluting in that photo should have their names listed so that protential college and employers can find them when doing a background search.

by Anonymousreply 73November 12, 2018 6:35 PM

Name and shame the saluters. They are old enough to know better.

by Anonymousreply 74November 12, 2018 6:39 PM

[quote]I am dead serious about this: PLEASE take note as to the locale of this photo. It is not deep in deplorable country.

If you don't think rural Wisconsin is "deplorable country," you haven't been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 75November 12, 2018 6:57 PM

Seems like a major Baraboo-boo.

by Anonymousreply 76November 12, 2018 6:57 PM

Photog should go out of business. From his website:

[quote]Wheel Memories made its debut as a new niche photographic service in 2017. After many years of wedding, personal and product photography the switch was made to providing a photographic service to the motorcycling community. The first large rally to be attended and the service to be offered to was the 2017 Sturgis Rally.

And his photos suck. Just look at the nazi kid one — there’s a fucking sign in the middle of the group.

by Anonymousreply 77November 12, 2018 7:07 PM

Humanity will never learn.

by Anonymousreply 78November 12, 2018 7:11 PM

[quote]Rural parts of Wisconsin can be very trashy, racist and conservative.

Actually, rural parts of *every state* can be trashy, racist and conservative. It's not confined to any region of the country. "Deplorable country" can be virtually anywhere in the US.

by Anonymousreply 79November 12, 2018 7:11 PM

R71, I am also a Minnesotan, 15 years and counting, and while I agree with your post, it must also be stated that MN went purple in 2016, with Trump winning most of the state outside the Twin Cities and Duluth.

I am really unsettled by the grinning Nazi brigade in that photo. I want to see what repercussions, if any, come of it.

by Anonymousreply 80November 12, 2018 7:17 PM

[quote]And it probably would have been blue in 2016 if Hillary had bothered to campaign in the state.

California is mostly ignored during the elections and it falls in line and votes blue. So what's Wisconsin's excuse ??

I'll tell you what's wrong with the people of Wisconsin. At the first opportunity they got of sticking it to minorities and the poor, they flew their confederate flags and swastikas and showed their true colors.

Wisconsin is blue ?? ahahaha, when pigs fly.

by Anonymousreply 81November 12, 2018 7:17 PM

[quote]in the South, 85% [???] of us were reared with a family who valued good manners accompanied by a genteel politeness which extends even to the lower classes.

The focus in the South is on being polite and mannerly in public. It's a matter of appearances. In private, anything goes. Southerners have (finally) internalized the idea that using a derogatory term for black people in public is inappropriate, but I'm not sure they've all figured out why it's inherently wrong.

by Anonymousreply 82November 12, 2018 7:21 PM

R70 = Rick Scott.

by Anonymousreply 83November 12, 2018 7:28 PM

It was a hand salute popularised by the famous (and my fave) 19th C French painter, Jacques-Louis David. He depicted it in his world-famous painting "The Oath of the Horatii" (1784). Reportedly, Italian leader Mussolini saw the painting and stole the idea from the French painter, re-naming it "the Roman salute". Hitler saw Mussolini doing it and stole the idea from him.

Hollywood followed Mussolini's lead and often (likely incorrectly) depicted Romans giving "the Roman salute" on the silver screen, even though we don't have any historical artifacts confirming that the Romans ever used it. It was most likely a gesture invented by that 19th C French painter to add a sense of epic drama to his painting: it conveyed a message of heroic loyalty and solidarity among brothers. Then the Italians and Germans stole it and made a mess of it.

Here's that painting. It's on display in Paris in the Louvre:

[quote] Wiki: "It depicts a scene from a Roman legend about a dispute between 2 warring cities, Rome and Alba Longa, and stresses the importance of patriotism and masculine self-sacrifice for one's country. Instead of the 2 cities sending their armies to war, they agree to choose 3 men from each city; the victor in that fight will be the victorious city. From Rome, 3 brothers from a Roman family, the Horatii, agree to end the war by fighting 3 brothers from a family of Alba Longa, the Curiatii. The 3 brothers, all of whom appear willing to sacrifice their lives for the good of Rome, are shown saluting their father who holds their swords out for them. Of the 3 Horatii brothers, only one shall survive the confrontation."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 12, 2018 7:32 PM

R70, I lived in the South, and you are deluded as shit. Jesus Christ. “We have manners!” is the most laughable but-the-North-is-more-racist claptrap I have ever heard.

It is true that the north has racists. It is also true that not all southerners are racist. But neither proves in any way that the south is not the most racist area/culture in the entire U.S.

by Anonymousreply 85November 12, 2018 7:33 PM

LOL I love it.

by Anonymousreply 86November 12, 2018 7:36 PM

[quote]After a childhood in the Deep South, never heard the n word said aloud in public, til I moved to Massachusetts as a teen.

I heard it more in the South than the Midwest, while we're being anecdotal. Even from my own trashy relatives. I've seen racism in every part of the country I've been to, but I'm not going to let the South off scot free.

by Anonymousreply 87November 12, 2018 7:37 PM

Cat fights always derail threads.

People don’t wanna read your drama.

by Anonymousreply 88November 12, 2018 7:40 PM

Aryan cunt crumbs.

by Anonymousreply 89November 12, 2018 7:43 PM

I'll add that the following old epic Hollywood movies (likely mistakenly) showed Romans doing the "Roman salute": Quo Vadis, Ben-Hur, Spartacus, Cleopatra and Caligula.

That depiction seemed to stem either from a (likely mistaken) belief that it was an old Roman tradition (because of that world-famous 19th C French painting above) or an intentional desire to draw parallels between the Roman Empire and Mussolini's fascist Italy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 12, 2018 7:45 PM

Heartland Christian fascists.

by Anonymousreply 91November 12, 2018 7:49 PM

R83 Good God. There is no single person in the US I loathe MORE than Rick Scott. What on earth gave you the idea that I share any of his opinions or ideas?

by Anonymousreply 92November 12, 2018 7:50 PM

I know we're talking about Wisconsin, but did California's Stanford students get in trouble for throwing the Roman Salute from the stands en masse back in 2006?

It's a bit strange actually. Reportedly, the were saluting this way for their fight song "The Spirit of Troy". But it seems they stupidly got the Greeks / Trojans and Romans mixed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 12, 2018 7:52 PM

WI and MN can be weird.

They may elect Tammy Baldwin but WI also voted against same sex marriage in 2006. By a wide margin.

Madison, Milwaukee and parts of the state where there are colleges are liberal. The rest of the state are drunken cowfuckers.

Lest you think I'm using cowfucker as a metaphor or ironically? Stories like this were in the news during the few years I lived in WI (I thankfully escaped).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 12, 2018 7:56 PM

Has anyone identified them yet?

Here’s a “pro nazi salute guys” comment on twitter,

Re: learned behavior from parents:

“Actually learned from listening to hate white people media,politicians and society in general. White Male? Well you are a racist,bigot,misogynist,hater,blah blah blah....good for these young men with a big F U to the world.”

by Anonymousreply 95November 12, 2018 7:56 PM

Obama or Beto should mentor that Jordan Blue kid.

by Anonymousreply 96November 12, 2018 7:58 PM

What a shocker. Deplorable brood that was conditioned by their deplorable parents and other deplorable authority figures.

by Anonymousreply 97November 12, 2018 7:59 PM

Fat cheese curd eating adults conditioning their fat, bloated kids to blame everyone in the world but themselves for their shortcomings.

by Anonymousreply 98November 12, 2018 8:01 PM

A bit off-topic but a historical curiosity:

The British Queen Mother and current Queen Elizabeth II were taught the Nazi salute.

[quote] "The black-and-white footage is believed to have been filmed by the Queen’s father, the future King George VI, on the family’s Balmoral estate in Scotland in 1933 or 1934. It shows the future Queen – then aged six or seven – raising her right hand in the air as the Queen Mother does the same. The group were apparently being encouraged by the future King Edward VIII."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 12, 2018 8:01 PM

R70, how about you stop with the use of stereotypes yourself? And did it ever occur to you that those 'Confederate' flags being shipped all over are from the SOUTH? Originated there? Represent those 'cultural values'? You reveal your own stupidity and deliberate ignorance by trying to create a false equivalence. Politeness does not excuse endemic racism. Atlanta, GA is the LEAST upwardly mobile city in the US. Such polite genteel system that smiles at you while fucking you over.

NO THANKS. I'll take the in your face type any day of the week. That way we brawl it out and figure out we both bleed red.

Harriet Beecher Stowe would be the first to admit that racism is not confined to any one area, but when it becomes the 'culture' then you fight it with everything you've got. We didn't do the job right last time and now we have this shit.

R99, you're an ass. That photo was up on the DL before and totally explained. Fuck the fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 100November 12, 2018 8:09 PM

*Snort* And this is the same Gen Z that some people are raving about here and elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 101November 12, 2018 8:09 PM

R93 Get your facts straight. Not Stanford. It's USC whose fight song is The Spirit of Troy -- maybe something to do with the fact they're called the Trojans?

by Anonymousreply 102November 12, 2018 8:19 PM

Nice town there, bitches. I'm sure you'll all enjoy the infamy.

by Anonymousreply 103November 12, 2018 8:19 PM

R100 Link please showing that Confederate flags are shipped from southern locales. I seriously doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 104November 12, 2018 8:23 PM

Where is the nude version of the photo?

by Anonymousreply 105November 12, 2018 8:24 PM

I assumed that the Confederate flags are being shipped from China -- just like all of the Dotard's MAGA shit.

There are enough people now out there confirming that these jerks have been bullying other students for years. This wasn't just some one-off that the photographer suggested and everyone (with a noticeable exception) went along with. They are a bunch of straight, white assholes who berate anyone who is different from them in a piss-poor attempt to feel superior.

by Anonymousreply 106November 12, 2018 8:29 PM

How can it be an "entire class" if there are no girls?

by Anonymousreply 107November 12, 2018 8:35 PM

Wisconsin continues its fall to the bottom of the barrel.

At least it seems like native Texans voted for a Democratic governor and Senator. It was the transplants that ruined it for everyone. When Texas is finally freed from the paws of Republicans, the Rustbelt will become irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 108November 12, 2018 8:36 PM

Unbelievable and appawling. And just after Trump disrespected World War veterans by not showing to a ceremony in France because ... of the rain. America fought against Nazis ! Don' t they have a grand grandfather who took part in WW2 ?

What is happening ?

What was that photographer thinking ? It makes no sense to tell students to make a nazi salute ! What's more there must have been other adults in attendence. The principal had to be there. WTF ??

Kudos for those who resisted peer pressure and didn't salute.

Ohz for the sake of discussion with the resident art historian of the thread, here is a statue of a Roman giving a Roman salute.

Too bad it was perverted by the Fascists. And we know those kids meant it as a Zeig Heil and not some Antiquity reconstitution...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 12, 2018 8:49 PM

According to the student quoted at R52, this was a "just the boys" pic from the prom, R107.

by Anonymousreply 110November 12, 2018 8:49 PM

[quote]So gross that he named his son Thor.

It's interesting that he named his son that. That definitely would fit in with the kind of weirdness you'd see over at Stormfront. I used to check out that site now and again for the laughs. Really into Gaelic and Viking (not sure what else to call it) "culture". It was just weirdness all around.

by Anonymousreply 111November 12, 2018 8:49 PM

Oh, the poorly maligned south, with it's confederate statues and flags. They're so polite.

We get it that racism is everywhere. But push comes to shove, that gentility shit is fiction. You're more polite about racism. Yeah, slavery was a real tea party.

Meanwhile, there is a difference between southern racism and northern racism according to Dick Gregory. It's a fine distinction but it all boils down to the same thing:

In the South, they don't care how close you get, as long as you don't get too big

In the North, they don't care how big you get, as long as you don't get too close.

Nobody wins.

by Anonymousreply 112November 12, 2018 8:59 PM

There was a time I really thought those dark times would never return. Today racism anti-semitism homophobia are on the rise again. People will never learn and forget too fast. Do we need those dark years and era again? Their salute or whatever you wanna call it is just idiotic stupid dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 113November 12, 2018 9:03 PM

Humans are fickle. They tend to forget and, as a result, bound to repeat mistakes you have forgotten you made in the past.

In one way or the other we all have buttons that can be pushed and, as a result, we act against our own self interest or nature. Know your buttons (aka issues) and be able to spot the assholes who push your buttons in order to manipulate you for their own advantage. If they can't manipulate you they have no power over you.

by Anonymousreply 114November 12, 2018 9:12 PM

R84, and "fag@@t" means a bundle of sticks; it doesn't matter where it came from, if it's derogatory to a group of people, we do not use it. Period. That way we do not unintentionally offend anyone.

by Anonymousreply 115November 12, 2018 9:12 PM

I live in Wisconsin. Except for the reservation near Keshena, Madison and other counties in the southwestern part of the state, and the lower southeastern counties near Milwaukee, rural Wisconsin votes Red and is very, very racist and ignorant.

Baraboo is a strange little city with a creepy atmosphere right out of a Stephen King novel. There’s something off about it. So this doesn’t surprise me a bit.

Photographer is as guilty as the saluters. The school needs to look inward, rally the community and change attitudes.

Expel all those who saluted.

by Anonymousreply 116November 12, 2018 9:18 PM

If you lack the self awareness that giving the Nazi salute is bad, or at least bad optics, I don't think you will find the solution by "looking inside", because all you'll find is rot (as in being rotten to the core).

by Anonymousreply 117November 12, 2018 9:21 PM

Nazi punks need to get punched.

by Anonymousreply 118November 12, 2018 9:23 PM

Isn't Baraboo where that trashy Graceland style house is?

by Anonymousreply 119November 12, 2018 9:27 PM

Oh poor little troll, R104. You ask where the flags are being made after you weep nostalgic about the symbolism in a prior post and now think that where they are actually manufactured and shipped from matters? That shit originated in the South, bitch, in the CONFEDERATE south. Are you from Mars? Can you really be so stupid or that purposefully obtuse that you'd wander down that path thinking I would engage you over the location of the manufacture of that fucking POS symbol?

Fact check this one, asshole. MOST, if not all of those Confederate statues that pay tribute to traitors to the US Constitution were manufactured in Connecticut. Yep, the same place they made the Union solider statues. They just changed the flag design, the belt insignia and the hat when those sentimental idiot fraus, the DOC, commissioned them.

Yes, indeed, R104, we know that racism is all over the damn place, but we do know where it most accepted, loved, and codified: THE SOUTH.

by Anonymousreply 120November 12, 2018 9:34 PM

Agree with others that these boys need to be DOXXED, put on a list that is accessible to all college admissions departments. Hopefully any school worth its salt will deny them admission when the time comes.

I am SO fucking sick of these little shits and their ignorant, 4Chan/meme-obsessed loser culture. They troll The Democrats’ official page on Instagram all the time. They live to try to ‘trigger’ the libs. I shamed a few of them several months ago, and then weeks later they descended on my account and left troll comments, like “So sexy”, etc., and made fun of one of my most banal posts—not because it was banal, but because there was something funny about it to them. (Believe me, there was nothing funny about it.) Sheer juvenile inanity. Their whole goal was to ... I don’t know, suppress the liberal vote? Mind you, almost none of them were old enough to vote themselves, and they clearly knew next to nothing about politics, only what they heard from their families and, I imagine, other trolls online.

I looked at every one of their profiles, all of them were private, and each one looked like the boys in this picture. All future golf course business douchebros.

by Anonymousreply 121November 12, 2018 9:42 PM

School was on some kind of “soft” lockdown today.

A local woman has organized a rally taking place right now to counteract the negativity focused on Baraboo.

She might consider a rally to counteract Nazism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 12, 2018 9:43 PM

What do you expect? These are the first kids who were weaned entirely off their parents watching FOX news from birth onward.

by Anonymousreply 123November 12, 2018 9:45 PM

Filthy hetero stinkshit!

by Anonymousreply 124November 12, 2018 9:48 PM

Not all, not all. Note the young man in the beautiful suit with the red bow tie, top right. A few of these kids are not happy.

A few have come out on social media detailing their experience in that cesspool and it is what you believe it to be. I won't put them in that category of human filth for having to put up with it through HS. So many of us had to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 125November 12, 2018 9:50 PM

This is what happens when you dilute the word "Nazi" and use it consistently as a trump card to end arguments. You lose the context of how awful the Holocaust was and the true Nazis were. People have made it so casual and, in a weird way, somewhat "cool" to rebel against.

Now we have groups of white teenage boys doing a Hitler salute.

Great work, America.

by Anonymousreply 126November 12, 2018 9:51 PM

Here’s a picture of the Bababoo elementary class.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 12, 2018 9:55 PM

Naughty little scamps. I'd like to spank all of their bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 128November 12, 2018 10:01 PM

Ten kids.

I broke out a magnifying glass and counted ten kids not making the salute.

Of those I counted as doing it, one is double pumping, another showing a fist, and the little asshole in the front with the white power sign all counted as doing this.

Ten kids, and eight of them were smiling or looking embarrassed. The kid in the bow tie and the kid in the second row from the right, with glasses. Leave these kids alone. I don't want to see them punished at all. The kid in the front making a perplexed sign with his hand appears to be in a pleading stance, as if to say 'come on guys....his friend beside him looks apologetic, but does the salute, anyway.

I wonder how many of their relatives died in WWII? I would invite the Auschwitz Holocaust Museum to give an all day presentation to those kids who did this. I want to see them retching and crying when they see the bodies of children and women and babies, twisted and distorted. Then run all of them through a gas chamber with some tear gas to make sure they understand and cry.

by Anonymousreply 129November 12, 2018 10:03 PM

The Jordan Blue kid seems like he's family based on his Facebook likes.

by Anonymousreply 130November 12, 2018 10:05 PM

And on this Veteran's Day, I want them to be forced to listen to the American GI's testimony about what they saw in those camps. I want them to hear and see it on the film, those tough bastards crying and screaming with agony and rage. These little bastards have everything, including their freedom to make asses out of themselves, because of those men.

by Anonymousreply 131November 12, 2018 10:06 PM

ISIS should take them all out.

by Anonymousreply 132November 12, 2018 10:07 PM

R131 They wouldn't care. These losers just play video games all day and hate the olds. They are sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 133November 12, 2018 10:09 PM

Every one of those little fucks should be given a proper Nazi send-off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 12, 2018 10:20 PM

Not everyone was doing the salute. Besides the guy who posted on twitter, there is one in the front row with a WTF expression. In the third row, to the side of the NOTICE sign there are three who doesn't do it (the middle one with an OH! expression on his face). And on the back row, to the other side of the NOTICE sing, there are two guys (who look like brothers btw) who aren't doing it, and have ashamed expression on their faces. The rest, post their names, the little fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 135November 12, 2018 10:24 PM

Pete Gust is the adult who suggested the salute to these little shits, snapped the photo, and didn't immediately delete it. He has locked down his twitter, but he's the instigator who should suffer worse consequences than the kids (who are shits).

by Anonymousreply 136November 12, 2018 10:25 PM

Thanks, R136. We should all know the name of hatred.

by Anonymousreply 137November 12, 2018 10:33 PM

Thanks, R136.

by Anonymousreply 138November 12, 2018 10:34 PM

Here is the photographer’s website contact form. Have at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 12, 2018 10:38 PM

I am uncomfortable with the notion that so many want to fuck up these boys' futures for making a mistake.

Even the courts recognize the fact that a boy's brain is no where near fully developed in his teens, and therefore the death penalty and life sentences are no longer in play. And fuck anyone who sees me as being an apologist for them or their act.

I just can't comprehend that a group of grown men would choose to see boys' lives ruined for what amounts to an ugly prank.

by Anonymousreply 140November 12, 2018 10:40 PM

R25 I agree that the young man in dapper dress including a bow tie not saluting or laughing is , indeed, family.

by Anonymousreply 141November 12, 2018 10:54 PM

[quote]I wonder how many of their relatives died in WWII? I would invite the Auschwitz Holocaust Museum to give an all day presentation to those kids who did this. I want to see them retching and crying when they see the bodies of children and women and babies, twisted and distorted.

R129, I hear you. But these kids wouldn't be retching or crying. If they're curious to see video of a Mexican gang dismembering someone alive with chainsaws, they can Google that in 4 seconds flat. You sound like a decent person who grew up in different times ― you wouldn't believe the violence and obscenity that kids are so casually exposed to these days.

And that's part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 142November 12, 2018 11:00 PM

r141 He is, I counted several LGBT 'likes' on his Facebook profile, including the LGBT theater or youth groups, Gay-Straight alliances, the OUT Magazine, the Human Rights Campaign, It Gets Better, etc.

by Anonymousreply 143November 12, 2018 11:03 PM

[quote] Ohz for the sake of discussion with the resident art historian of the thread, here is a statue of a Roman giving a Roman salute. Too bad it was perverted by the Fascists.

R109, that's a marble statue of the Emperor Antoninus (located in Nimes, France), sculpted by French artist Auguste Bosc and inaugurated in 1874.

It's not an antique statue - it's a 19th C. French statue of a Roman Emperor giving the so-called 'Roman Salute', likely inspired by the famous French 18th C painting of 3 brothers giving the 'Roman Salute', which probably originated this artistic trend and possible (mis)perception of Romans as having this salute. (Of course, it's possible that the French statue might be a replica of an antique one, but on a cursory skim I can't find any info proving that.)

There is an antique statue of Emperor Antoninus in Rome (ca. 140-147 AD) - but in that original Roman sculpture version he's not really giving that traditional very rigid Roman / Nazi salute (as imagined by French artists over 1 millennia later). He's raising his (left, not right) hand; to his left side, not to the front and up; slightly bent at the elbow, not rigidly straight; with fingers very spread out, not tightly held together. He basically looks as if he's reaching out to his side and simply waving his hand (because of the spread out fingers), not rigidly saluting per se.

(*Btw, I made an error in my posts above calling Jacques-Louis David a "19th C painter" - he's obviously an 18th C painter, as he painted his famous trend-setting painting in 1784.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144November 12, 2018 11:07 PM

The NBC Nightly News just had a piece on the photo. They also interviewed the guy who didn't salute.

by Anonymousreply 145November 12, 2018 11:23 PM

Thank you, R126. Finally a little sanity.

by Anonymousreply 146November 12, 2018 11:39 PM

[quote]I am uncomfortable with the notion that so many want to fuck up these boys' futures for making a mistake.

The problem is that most people know how wrong it is to do that. Hell, most of us even knew that when we were 16 years old.

It's a harsh lesson, but it's a lesson that has to be learned. Anything you do that is photographed and distributed on social media can haunt you for the rest of your life. It should be no different than stabbing yourself with a fork to see if you would bleed. You know you will. So don't do it.

by Anonymousreply 147November 12, 2018 11:42 PM

NBC. The only good kid is gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 12, 2018 11:43 PM

Lives ruined? No

Severe punishment and public shaming? Yes

Don’t ignore testimony from the classmates at the school regarding bullying and cruel behavior.

by Anonymousreply 149November 12, 2018 11:43 PM

You are looking at the new David Hogg folks.

by Anonymousreply 150November 12, 2018 11:44 PM

R50 and R70 (and any others who chimed in) save your breath, dears. These bitches,most of who have never set foot in the south,nurse their beliefs to their withered bosoms like the most deplorable of deplorables. Your growing up there,or living there your whole life,means nothing to them when it comes to the deeply cherished belief that all southerners are kkk members,that no blacks and whites get along ,that our neighborhoods are integrated ,that our accents mean we are stupid,etc,etc. All of our testimony that contradicts their said delusions will be met with scorn and ridicule. You can testify all the live long day that blacks and whites get along far better in the south than their beloved shit hole cities,that the same cities are integrated to within an inch of their lives,that our laughable southern manners go very far in treating all people equally,and it wont matter one whit.

by Anonymousreply 151November 12, 2018 11:48 PM

Segregated,not integrated ! MY passion overwhelmed me!

by Anonymousreply 152November 12, 2018 11:49 PM

Did you ever ask yourself why slaves were risking death to flee the south? And a huge 2nd migration to Midwest cities to escape Jim Crow?? You have created quite a fantasyland in your head!

by Anonymousreply 153November 12, 2018 11:54 PM

Yeah R153,like 60 years ago . Things change, dillweed. You see a LOT more mixed couples down here than you do up north ,explain that.

by Anonymousreply 154November 12, 2018 11:57 PM

I only just heard of this city because a guy from 90 Day Fiance is from there.

by Anonymousreply 155November 12, 2018 11:59 PM

Right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 12, 2018 11:59 PM

^Meant for R154^

Not you R155. I don’t doubt your veracity in regards to having watched 90 day fiancé.

by Anonymousreply 157November 13, 2018 12:01 AM

Not something I would say out loud, r155.

by Anonymousreply 158November 13, 2018 12:03 AM

The ones who follow along, knowing it's wrong, are worse than the wholehearted.

by Anonymousreply 159November 13, 2018 12:05 AM

[quote]You see a LOT more mixed couples down here than you do up north ,explain that.

You don't, though.

by Anonymousreply 160November 13, 2018 12:07 AM

Thank you for your answer and explanation, R144. I didn't know that and find it very interesting.

As for the photo, what kind of memory will that leave them ? Shameful.

by Anonymousreply 161November 13, 2018 12:09 AM

Kids everywhere should be forced to watch a two hour documentary about Nazi concentration camps. Current day Nazis constantly try to lie the holocaust didn't happen but it's hard to claim that when you see genuine footage of starved corpses at the camps.

by Anonymousreply 162November 13, 2018 12:14 AM

[quote]Baraboo is a strange little city with a creepy atmosphere right out of a Stephen King novel.

Circus folk.

No, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 163November 13, 2018 12:16 AM

[quote]He's raising his (left, not right) hand; to his left side, not to the front and up; slightly bent at the elbow, not rigidly straight; with fingers very spread out, not tightly held together. He basically looks as if he's reaching out to his side and simply waving his hand (because of the spread out fingers), not rigidly saluting per se.

r144, THAT's the nonrigid appendage you're focusing on?

by Anonymousreply 164November 13, 2018 12:18 AM

The far right guy in the back is definitely family and cute. Hope he gets a good life and by that revenge on the other assholes who bullied him.

by Anonymousreply 165November 13, 2018 12:19 AM

[quote]Even the courts recognize the fact that a boy's brain is no where near fully developed in his teens,

Funny how many boys that age didn't even go to prom, because they were lying about their age so they could fight Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 166November 13, 2018 12:22 AM

W&W for you, R166. Standards have fallen shamefully low for young people. (And I'm technically a Millennial, before anyone gets on my case re: my own age.)

by Anonymousreply 167November 13, 2018 12:26 AM

Bang on R166!

Doing something dumb privately is one thing. We’ve been in the Internet age for literal DECADES now and the social media age for more than a decade. Everyone should know now that pictures and videos can and do end up online.

These boys grew up in the post Kardashian new world. They knew this was a possibility and they didn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 168November 13, 2018 12:26 AM

The Twitter photo at R26 cut off the rest of the statement:

Be kind,

Be gentle,

Be Aryan.

by Anonymousreply 169November 13, 2018 12:27 AM

Baraboo? Are you fucking kidding me? Some nowheresville place? Who gives a fuck? They want to worship Hitler? Let them, 80% of those boys are going to stay right in the middle of fucking nowhere with a job (not a career, a j-o-b), with a pregnant girlfriend, beef jerky and minimum wage.

by Anonymousreply 170November 13, 2018 12:30 AM

R170, the Baraboo townsfolk needed wring their hands so much about their locality getting all the negative attention.

This is a national trend, fed by decades of right-wing radio and cable news, and set afire by the President.

If you’re laughing this off as bumfuck town idiots, you’re not looking at the big picture. It’s terrifying.

We have to find a way to halt it.

by Anonymousreply 171November 13, 2018 12:34 AM

R160 You absolutely do. In Florida there are so many couples consisting of an attractive black man, often in the military, walking hand and hand with a somewhat pudgy blonde while pushing a baby carriage holding an adorable biracial baby. I kid you not, I see several every day and that is just in one small town in south Florida.

And absolutely no one gasps or stares.

by Anonymousreply 172November 13, 2018 12:35 AM

Yes

Let’s just infinite that cancer R170

It’s unlikely to do any actual damage.

by Anonymousreply 173November 13, 2018 12:36 AM

Ignore that cancer

Bitchery undone by fucking stupid autocorrect yet again

by Anonymousreply 174November 13, 2018 12:37 AM

You have no idea how much I disagree with you, R140.

Those shit eating Nazi cunt fucks should be expelled.

Life is tough, shitheads.

Live and learn.

by Anonymousreply 175November 13, 2018 12:40 AM

I have nothing but admiration for Jordan Blue. To speak out publicly, while still in that school, takes balls of steel.

And, yes, he's family. Here is his coming out statement from March on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 13, 2018 12:45 AM

Baraboo got a shout out in the CREEPY TOWNS thread.

Ed Gein country, someone called it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177November 13, 2018 12:50 AM

[quote]Baraboo? Are you fucking kidding me? Some nowheresville place? Who gives a fuck? They want to worship Hitler? Let them, 80% of those boys are going to stay right in the middle of fucking nowhere with a job (not a career, a j-o-b), with a pregnant girlfriend, beef jerky and minimum wage.

And wind up shooting up black churches.

by Anonymousreply 178November 13, 2018 12:50 AM

FUCK YOU, R170.

by Anonymousreply 179November 13, 2018 12:50 AM

Florida is not the north or south, it's Florida

by Anonymousreply 180November 13, 2018 12:52 AM

Speaking of this awful incident, what happened to the alt-right? They were all the talk while Bannon was in the White House and now no one discusses them. But there is no way they are gone.

by Anonymousreply 181November 13, 2018 12:58 AM

There are two other kids not saluting! To the direct left of the sign is a kid in a grey suit with his hands clasped, and another next to him in a red tie with his mouth open.

by Anonymousreply 182November 13, 2018 1:00 AM

R180 Actually I agree with you. But I was appalled yesterday by how many of our own seem to think that Florida is now KKK Central.**

** In the "Why do people live in Florida?" thread.

by Anonymousreply 183November 13, 2018 1:03 AM

R183 But it is. Or at least hate group central. That doesn’t mean that’s ALL the people who live in and make up Florida, but if you are honest, you have to admit the state has a disproportionately high preponderance of ignorance, hatred and violent crimes and bizarre accidents—not to mention the always fucked up elections.

by Anonymousreply 184November 13, 2018 1:22 AM

I do not, but I respect your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 185November 13, 2018 1:41 AM

[quote]...but I respect your opinion.

R185 is too pure for Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 186November 13, 2018 2:32 AM

Pity all the gay, black, Native, etc. kids who are stuck in shitholes like that.

by Anonymousreply 187November 13, 2018 3:01 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 188November 13, 2018 3:04 AM

I counted eleven kids on that photo who didn't salute. Where's the token black kid?

by Anonymousreply 189November 13, 2018 3:06 AM

I'm a somewhat older person, and I went to a Catholic, all-boy high school. I graduated in 1978. This would never have been accepted or allowed. It's not acceptable now, and it wasn't acceptable back then.

I really hate, now that I'm facing my own retirement and old age, than I'm scared about our future. I thought we were better than this. I just got off the phone with my ex (who's AA) and had such a sweet chat, and the idea that people are making these gestures just leaves me chastened. He's so sweet and funny, and helps keep my head about water when I'm having a bad time. My boss and a bunch of co-workers are in WI (I'm in Ohio), and this story really makes me very sad. BTW, Baraboo is the home of the Ringling Brothers Circus. That might explain some of this horrible behavior.

by Anonymousreply 190November 13, 2018 3:09 AM

R121- Totally agree that colleges and universities should have the names of these students, including the one who gave the white power sign. Institutions shouldn't have to waste time and energy trying to educate these boys when there are others who could make more use out of it

Have any of the boys been publically named? And the district administrator, Lisa Mueller, put out a statement that really underlines the entire atmosphere - she said the matter was being looked into "due to media attention". So...if she had come across the picture herself, accidently, nothing would have happened??

It's not just the picture. The picture is a symbol of what's been going on at the school for years because now other students are coming forward with statements of how racism is running rampant at that school.

by Anonymousreply 191November 13, 2018 3:29 AM

Again, Peter Gust and Lisa Mueller are the responsible adults who should shoulder both more of the blame and the retribution for this. If one of these degenerate kids loses an opportunity at a college degree or a job because a picture online lasts forever, Pete and Lisa should suffer a greater loss.

by Anonymousreply 192November 13, 2018 3:57 AM

I read somewhere that there were many instances of racism and bullying and the principal did nothing.

One drone strike and these fucks wouldn’t have arms left to salute anything.

Failing that, name and shame. Every last shitty one of these fucking sister fuckers. Good for the gay kid for standing firm. Hope he snitched on all of them and named names.

by Anonymousreply 193November 13, 2018 4:59 AM

R193- I hope someone comes forward and gives Jordan Blue a scholarship. We'll need Jordan Blue down the road and it would be nice to give him a running start.

by Anonymousreply 194November 13, 2018 5:10 AM

Everyone in that photo should be required to watch a documentary about Nazi Germany which includes graphic footage of the victims of the Holocaust. My parents had me watch that with them when I was in high school, and man, it was awful. Beside the corpses and the footage of starving people and the gas chambers and the ovens, they showed SS guards mistreating the people shamelessly. The Nazis themselves filmed a lot of that because they weren't ashamed of what they were doing. One particularly gruesome thing was when some Nazis were ripping off the beard of some old men, shooting people who had dug their own graves, really horrible stuff. These shits in Wisconsin, shot of having some group sponsor a trip to see Auschwitz, should be absolutely required to see something like that. The documentary I saw was something like "The 39th Blow" which was on PBS, but they can watch "Shoah", the "Diary of Anne Frank", among other things to hopefully scare them and see where this kind of shit can lead. They can put some anti-slavery movies in there, too, since Trump is being so fucking nasty to black people as well.

by Anonymousreply 195November 13, 2018 6:54 AM

Or a GoFundMe for Jordan’s college expenses.

by Anonymousreply 196November 13, 2018 6:54 AM

"short of having some group sponsor"

by Anonymousreply 197November 13, 2018 6:54 AM

There’s already a college fund GO FUND ME for Jordan.

I feel bad for the other 2 kids who didn’t Sieg Heil, but they haven’t spoken out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198November 13, 2018 7:10 AM

Well, Jordan Blue doesn't need to watch the Holocaust stuff. It sounds like he's suffered enough in that school environment.

by Anonymousreply 199November 13, 2018 7:12 AM

Jordan’s Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200November 13, 2018 7:12 AM

Here is Jordan enjoying a dinner theatre production of Mamma Mia!.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201November 13, 2018 7:14 AM

Wisconsin: Florida of the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 202November 13, 2018 7:20 AM

Looking at Jordan's instagram, it seems like he is involved with a number of student organizations and has a good group of friends at school.

by Anonymousreply 203November 13, 2018 7:37 AM

That Jordan Blue kid (looking at his Instagram posts linked upthread) seems nice and also thoughtful and well spoken.

He has shown a lot of dignity throughout this entire situation and all of his statements so far have been reasonable and honest. He also seems polite.

It’s amazing to me that a cool, decent kid like that could come from the same exact place as these genuinely bigoted Neanderthals....

by Anonymousreply 204November 13, 2018 7:57 AM

I'm reminded of a scene(you all know the one) in the film "Cabaret." Tomorrow belongs to them, or so these little shitheels seem to think. They should hang their heads in shame. I wonder what reaction their families had when they first saw the photo, and did it change once it was released to the public.

by Anonymousreply 205November 13, 2018 8:20 AM

"[R50] and [R70] (and any others who chimed in) save your breath, dears. These bitches,most of who have never set foot in the south,"

Nope.

"nurse their beliefs to their withered bosoms like the most deplorable of deplorables."

Sounds like what your doing.

" Your growing up there,or living there your whole life,means nothing to them when it comes to the deeply cherished belief that all southerners are kkk members,"

Never said that.

"that no blacks and whites get along ,"

Never said that.

"that our neighborhoods are integrated ,"

Is there a word missing?

"that our accents mean we are stupid,etc,etc. "

Because everything was typed with an accent? BTW, we all have accents, so not sure why you're so tender hearted about that. Ever think that what you say is actually thought of as stupid? I'm guessing no.

"All of our testimony that contradicts their said delusions will be met with scorn and ridicule."

Not a court of law here.

" You can testify all the live long day that blacks and whites get along far better in the south than their beloved shit hole cities,that the same cities are integrated to within an inch of their lives,"

Pretty much covered that in the Dick Gregory quote.

"that our laughable southern manners go very far in treating all people equally,and it wont matter one whit."

Again, regional pride crap. I know you think your life is a Designing Women episode and you're Dixie Carter.

But in real life, Dixie Carter was a deplorable.

Also, her singing was a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 206November 13, 2018 8:30 AM

I cant believe it took you queens 176 posts before one of you found precise confirmation that the kid was gay.

You're slipping.

by Anonymousreply 207November 13, 2018 10:07 AM

Any updates on #NaziHigh ?

by Anonymousreply 208November 13, 2018 10:40 AM

The gay kid will shortly be giving a live interview on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 209November 13, 2018 10:45 AM

Maybe a prank now... who knows later. Evil starts small..

by Anonymousreply 210November 13, 2018 10:52 AM

Wisconsin = primarily German, Irish and British ancestry in a rural countryside. That’s a recipe for American Trump-branded Nazism.

by Anonymousreply 211November 13, 2018 10:55 AM

[quote]what happened to the alt-right

They got hit in the face, and they need to keep getting hit in the face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212November 13, 2018 11:03 AM

I donated to Jordan's college fund. He deserves to get out of that town.

by Anonymousreply 213November 13, 2018 11:14 AM

[quote]The Nazi photographer’s son is named Thor

You’re kidding?

That photo is just such a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 214November 13, 2018 11:47 AM

To the person who says these poor boys should be forgiven for having done something dumb: we older people (I’m 40.) complain constantly that Millennials and younger people have been corrupted by being made to feel special and exceptional, forgiven of all transgressions, coddled, awarded regularly just for being alive. That is destroying our country and it must stop.

To take the outcomes to the extreme, from a societal sense, Russia’s execution of the entire Romanov bloodline was brutal and it took the lives of innocent people—because the reality is that had even a single member of the family survived, that person’s legacy may have been seeking revenge on those who dethroned the family. The only way to guarantee that would never happen is to cut off all chances once and for all. Russia is amoral enough to be capable and proud of that sort of slaughter; most societies are not. But there’s a lower-level version of lasting consequences that can ensure people understand they cannot proudly promote Nazi ideals, and in this case that involves humiliation and public shaming. It is necessary.

Executions of these kids are not required, but consequences are required. Real-world consequences. If they don’t suffer consequences, then they will not understand that their brewing white supremacy will not be tolerated by society. Sometimes it’s not about changing minds and hearts because it’s too late to do that: sometimes it’s about sending a painful warning that if you cross a line, you will suffer for having done it.

Look at Aaron Schock, having the time of his life partying and fucking all the gay fitness models he can bag in Beverly Hills while being indicted for imbezzling public funds.

Look at Brett Kavanaugh, who drank and assaulted people growing up, had a public fit and demeaned the office of a supreme court justice and always has been forgiven and rewarded for being an amoral person.

In the public interest, these kids should be shamed. I hate to acknowledge it, but there is a real-world application of making people feel bad about themselves, humiliated, and making their lives more difficult as punishment for breaking the moral code. These kids have begged for that.

by Anonymousreply 215November 13, 2018 11:49 AM

R214 No, not kidding. His website says his son Thor attends the University of Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 216November 13, 2018 11:49 AM

Fourth row, sixth from the right didn't really do it. He just wanted to look cool.

by Anonymousreply 217November 13, 2018 12:02 PM

R217 He was “just doing his job,” eh?

by Anonymousreply 218November 13, 2018 12:04 PM

Tell me about it, r210

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219November 13, 2018 12:51 PM

About Jordan Blue:

[quote] He's also gay and has many problems at school because of it. This photo is him all the time. Not to mention the locals are trying to make it seem like he asked for the attention. He did not.

Deplorables really

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220November 13, 2018 1:17 PM

R190 and R210, what you say makes sense.

I live in a less isolated part of Wisconsin and I’m get heebie jeebies every time I have to pass through Baraboo. It’s got a sort of western, hillbilly vibe while Sauk County actually feels like Appalachia. I’ve often wondered if the circus - families of carnies and roustabouts settled there - has anything to do with the weird atmosphere.

by Anonymousreply 221November 13, 2018 3:39 PM

For years we've referred to Scott Walkers tragic policies as turning the state into Wississippi.

by Anonymousreply 222November 13, 2018 4:00 PM

Fuck you R170, and fuck you the “fatguntfrau” idiot, and anyone else attempting to minimize what this is or what it means. Stop pretending that this isn’t a sign of a deeper and more dangerous problem than kids acting out. We have Nazis marching in our streets now. This shit IS the norm. And people like you, pretending it’s a big nothing (or something as stupid as “bad parenting”), are a big reason why that happened. You enable this hatred by pretending it is isn’t that bad.

by Anonymousreply 223November 13, 2018 4:56 PM

Why are you singling out Jordan when other 10 kids also refused to salute? He's great and all but other kids should be given credit too. As for the school doing nothing about bullying, unless you have a democratic school or some Waldorf system, pretty much any other school will ignore bullying, where you not in school? No one gives a fuck about curbing bullying that's the sad reality of our times.

by Anonymousreply 224November 13, 2018 5:04 PM

Jordan is more noticeably defiant in the photo, standing straight and staring down the photographer.

He is also they one who came out immediately and denounced the photo and his school. He still is a young gay boy in a small and apparently bigot friendly town. It’s safe to assume he’ll take more abuse for his stance but he is still standing up and saying “NO”.

That’s a moral fibre we could use more of.

by Anonymousreply 225November 13, 2018 8:25 PM

R172, except there you are, noting it, describing it. Bitch, if no one cares, no one would notice or note a damn thing about them.

Sorry, no, and go away with your southern defense of phony friendliness and hospitality. I lived in GA and in SC as a member of the Armed Forces of this country and there was racism down there like you could not believe. Supper clubs masquerading as restaurants so they wouldn't have to dine with 'blacks,' golf clubs and shooting clubs set up the same way, churches were one or the other....give me a break.

AGAIN, Atlanta, this wonderful, diverse city, is the least upwardly mobile city for POC of any other major city in this country. Why is that? Because of WHERE IT IS.

Again, give me the overt shit any day of the week because I will admit to my shit and that's the deal, homey, you are a PERSON in my eyes first and foremost. How you speak, what you dress like, your skin color, your hair texture, what the damn day of the week you were born does not matter to me. It took time and patience and growing up in a community that was confronted for its racism. We all got a lot of shit for it, but it worked....being honest with yourself, not some down home story shit about how great everything is down there, is what will make this country finally realize the dream of our Constitution.

It's not all goody good anywhere, but it's particularly bad in the south, and we can see that clearly without all the corn pone and hominy homilies.

As for these clowns (excluding the kid up top with the cute bow tie) they will get the appropriate punishment for their age and a history lesson. Whether it takes or not is anyone's guess, but with their idolized leader delivering a basic fuck you to the Marines, I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 226November 13, 2018 9:25 PM

Oooo R226 types angry black man ! Theres nowhere on planet earth you can live that you wont find something to be offended about . The fact you spewed that shit about Atlanta says it all. Yeah,it sucks there for poor ignorant blacks ,just like it sucks everywhere for poor ignorant blacks,but there is a huge black middle class in Atlanta . Maybe even more than white middle class. Highly educated,sophisticated and upwardly mobile. Guess what,angry black man,life sucks for poor ignorant whites too . You claim to be color blind,but from the bitter resentful tone of your post I highly doubt that. I bet you have a white boyfriend or husband too !

by Anonymousreply 227November 13, 2018 10:00 PM

Girls! GIRLS!

by Anonymousreply 228November 13, 2018 10:03 PM

My neighbor chaperoned a freshman class trip to Washington, DC. The kids went to the Holocaust Museum at some point. They "got bored" by it all and started running through the exhibits. Loudly. My neighbor was so embarrassed. She talked to them on the bus about their behavior and some of them laughed at her. Afterward she was told a parent complained about her "lecture" on the bus. She is no longer allowed to chaperone for the school.

by Anonymousreply 229November 13, 2018 10:27 PM

#RMM's

#RepublicanMentalMidgets

by Anonymousreply 230November 13, 2018 11:18 PM

That is disgusting r229.

I hope Jordan Blue a lot of success. Let’s hope he takes a cue from the Parkland kids and finds his activist side. Let us also hope the Nazi shits in the photo get doxxed to hell and gone.

by Anonymousreply 231November 14, 2018 2:04 AM

I was disgusted by this when I first saw the picture, however once I saw the interview with Jordan Blue on CNN, I felt differently. Unfortunately I can't find that interview but this interview on CBS has pretty much the same content.

The photographer "claims" he told the boys to wave goodbye to their parents. Now this might just be the photographer covering his ass but even Jordan Blue just says they were told to wave, nothing about a Nazi wave, just a wave. I hope the school makes an extra effort to educate these boys about why so many people care about this and how it can be taken as so wrong. I am more bothered by the obvious white power symbol being flashed by the guy on the front row.

Fourth guy from the left on the front row with the green vest looks like he has completely sweated through his suite jacket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232November 14, 2018 3:17 AM

R232- I'm not sure I buy that explanation especially since other students have come forward to say that other incidents like this have happened and were ignored when brought to the attention of administrators.

Also Jordan said he knew it was wrong and it was against his morals ---so how could that be referring to just waving goodbye to parents??

And yeah, the kid in the front giving the white power sign isn't doing that to say goodbye to his parents.

The photographer's "explanation" doesn't really hold up.

by Anonymousreply 233November 14, 2018 3:40 AM

Come on, the photographer is lying. He's trying to cover his ass.

Stop ignoring what your own eyes can see. Don't believe the words of someone who is obviously unethical and immoral and a liar. Look at the picture. It's a Sieg Heil and a white power symbol.

by Anonymousreply 234November 14, 2018 3:45 AM

AFTER the school has immediate, emergency, mandatory history lessons for every student--boys and girls--about Nazi philosophies and atrocities, and American civics and civility, THEN the saluting boys should post their essays about why what they did was wrong and what they're going to do going forward.

THAT is how examples are made, the world knows who they were, and their redemption begins for when people search them during college, job, and dating applications.

by Anonymousreply 235November 14, 2018 3:52 AM

If it had been my kid, I might have killed him/her.

by Anonymousreply 236November 14, 2018 3:55 AM

[quote] that Millennials and younger people have been corrupted

just for the record, we have nothing to do with this pitiful photo or situation.

by Anonymousreply 237November 14, 2018 4:20 AM

R232 said

[quote]The photographer "claims" he told the boys to wave goodbye to their parents. Now this might just be the photographer covering his ass but even Jordan Blue just says they were told to wave, nothing about a Nazi wave, just a wave.

That's not quite what Jordan blue said.

Looking at interviews with the photographer and him, the photographer said:

[quote]“Among the last picture that we did, I said, ‘OK boys, you’re going to say goodbye to your parents, so wave.’ I put my hands up. I said, ‘Now you’re looking towards me. Wave, say goodbye, and they go, ‘Well, what do you mean by that?’ I said, ‘Well, stick your hand up in a high five and wave.’ And that was it. I took one or two pictures. I posted one with all the boys waving goodbye.”

But Jordan said:

[quote] “As soon as I heard the photographer say, ‘Raise your hand,’ I knew what was going to happen. “He did not say raise your hand in a Nazi symbol way, and I'm pretty sure my classmates just interpreted as raise your hand, let's do this as a joke,”

He also added

[quote]“Some represented in the photos that aren’t meaning to do it. They weren’t really sure what was going on. But then there’s some that have intent. In their hands, you can see the amount of tension in their arms,” Blue said.

Jordan's explanation makes the most sense.

The guy may not have said, "Do a Nazi salute!" but most of the boys are clearly doing it. The photographer should have noticed this. The parents should have noticed this when they saw the photo after it was taken.

On the other hand, the boy in the green tie in front does look like he's waving goodbye. The boy in the blue outfit in the front looks like he can't figure out what the hell they're supposed to be doing or what the point of any of it is but I think it's clear that he most certainly didn't say to "wave at your parents goodbye" when he would have gotten a completely different picture from all of them had he said that.

by Anonymousreply 238November 14, 2018 4:36 AM

We fought a war with Nazis...how many people gave their lives? Nazis should be in prisoner of war facilities. Rush Limbaugh and all the other sacks of shit should be in prison with them. Lies are not freedom of speech and we need to get that straightened out.

by Anonymousreply 239November 14, 2018 4:36 AM

The photographer is a biker with an adult son named Thor. He absolutely has experience with neo-Nazi culture, if he isn't one himself.

by Anonymousreply 240November 14, 2018 11:32 AM

[quote]Executions of these kids are not required, but consequences are required.

…. I guess you have a point, Mr. Know-it-all.

by Anonymousreply 241November 14, 2018 12:04 PM

How did bikers become enamored of Nazi culture? It’s so weird. They’re supposed to be outlaws. Nazis are fascists.

by Anonymousreply 242November 14, 2018 12:34 PM

[quote]The photographer is a biker with an adult son named Thor. He absolutely has experience with neo-Nazi culture, if he isn't one himself.

Of course he is a part of that culture; let’s get real. Ironically, he’s also a cry-baby whiner who hates bullies and JERKS!!!

Maybe not so ironic actually.

by Anonymousreply 243November 14, 2018 4:34 PM

The photographer asked them to wave as is bye, bitches and now the DL frauen and SJWs want to string them up. There's the irony.

by Anonymousreply 244November 14, 2018 4:42 PM

r237 actually, millennials are actively targeted by white nationalists who infiltrate places frequented by young white men, i.e. Reddit and 4chan

The infamous Stormfromt forum would have threads talking about ways to infiltrate those other forums using cryptic language as not to arouse suspicion. They've even infiltrated YouTube. You better believe many of these young men have their YouTube recommendations filled with "SJW gets REKT" or "Why Muslims are our enemies" or any number of thinly veiled right-wing rhetoric-filled videos at the ready with more to be auto-queued thanks to alt-righters successfully gaming the YouTube system.

Seriously, watch any YouTube video on any left-wing topic and the alt-right videos come flooding in.

Getting young, white men angry is so easy (take r244 for example). Just tell them the feminists or blacks or the Muslims are to blame for all their woes and you've got yourself a new recruit in the alt-right brigade. This is very similar to how Islamic terrorist groups recruit their band of illiterate, feeble-minded suicide vest fodder.

by Anonymousreply 245November 14, 2018 4:55 PM

Expel them all, no discussion, no hearings, no whining parents, no nothing. Expelled.

Zero tolerance for Nazi wannabe bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 246November 14, 2018 5:00 PM

What is R44 even trying to say?

That it’s the photographers fault but we’re bad for still wanting the kids (who are were around a year away from legal adulthood) to still have consequences?

by Anonymousreply 247November 14, 2018 5:54 PM

^R244^

by Anonymousreply 248November 14, 2018 5:55 PM

Started back in the post-WWII era, R242. You can see a lot of it in the 1960s gay film SCORPIO RISING, and Hunter Thompson wrote extensively about them in the 1960s. Outlaw biker gangs go back to the 1930s, but the adoption of Nazi iconography happened during and after the war, in part to cement their image as domestic terrorists, in part because of a clear white supremacist stance.

There was some article several years ago when that Nazi creep married to Sandra Bullock was busted, and an "expert" claimed bikers don't wear Nazi iconography anymore. Total bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 15, 2018 12:27 PM

R244, and you're the troll. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 250November 15, 2018 3:05 PM

Baraboo? Really? Ok.

by Anonymousreply 251November 15, 2018 3:14 PM

r244, the photographer attached to a motorcycle club with a son called Thor told the kids to put the hands up. Jordan Blue said that as soon as the photographer said that, his heart sank because he knew the kids would let loose with a Sieg Heil. Which they did. Which the photographer likely guessed they would as well.

by Anonymousreply 252November 15, 2018 4:03 PM

What nonsense. The photog said kids, put your hands up in the air, Hooray! It's high-school spirit, not anything Nazi. Miss Priss gabbeling on for tv air time is wrong, but grabbing an opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 253November 15, 2018 4:12 PM

Teen drama

by Anonymousreply 254November 15, 2018 4:25 PM

R253 = fat slug Rethug closet phag

by Anonymousreply 255November 15, 2018 7:10 PM

You can never kill too many nazis.

by Anonymousreply 256November 15, 2018 7:16 PM

Yes, the photographer said “put your hands up and wave”. and as is often the case, a nazi salute just spontaneously happened!

Why of course it was totally innocent!

by Anonymousreply 257November 15, 2018 7:18 PM

There's a lot of millennial whining here.

This kids are doing the Bellamy Salute. Read the Wiki in the link!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258November 15, 2018 8:12 PM

What these high school students did was wrong. Calls for their expulsion or rescinding college acceptances are over blown. High school kids do stupid and ignorant things at times. The school should arrange for them to learn what happened when the Nazis came to power. Unfortunately, most Holocaust survivors are dying off. But a good lesson would be to hear the accounts of what the Nazis perpetrated from the victims themselves. Short of that, make them volunteer at a local Jewish Center over a few months time. Get them to see how hatred (and the Nazi salute is a symbol of hatred) affects others. Public condemnation on social media satisfies no one but those condemning these students. Let them learn a lesson in humanity.

by Anonymousreply 259November 15, 2018 8:14 PM

How about both?

Public shaming and rehabilitation?

by Anonymousreply 260November 15, 2018 8:27 PM

and spanking! Bare-butt spanking!!!

by Anonymousreply 261November 15, 2018 8:31 PM

This Fall on FOX: “Nazi High 53913”

by Anonymousreply 262November 15, 2018 9:33 PM

[quote]What these high school students did was wrong. Calls for their expulsion or rescinding college acceptances are over blown.

I mean, in other countries they'd be looking at criminal charges. Actions do have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 263November 15, 2018 10:28 PM

They do the salute here—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264November 15, 2018 10:48 PM

"I mean, in other countries they'd be looking at criminal charges."

And in this country, they'll be recruited as White House interns.

by Anonymousreply 265November 15, 2018 11:05 PM

They can be White House interns for the President to masturbate onto.

by Anonymousreply 266November 15, 2018 11:37 PM

Shitty ass Gen X parents beget a generation of shitty ass brats. Surprise, surpise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 15, 2018 11:56 PM

R170 here......R174....I'm sorry I know you meant to be bitchy but you made me laugh (fucking auto correct cock blocking lol). R179, go fuck your mother. My point? You need to pick and choose your battles AND reacting/acting on emotions at every little racist wannabe prick is gonna get you nowhere but elevate your blood pressure. It's not like any of you are going to do anything about it? And this will be forgotten because something else will pop up. Keep yoir focus on the real cunts not their pawns. Pawns are secondary.

by Anonymousreply 268November 16, 2018 12:05 AM

*your not yoir (I can't blame auto correct lol just my lighting fast fingers).

by Anonymousreply 269November 16, 2018 12:08 AM

Don't worry, R237, no matter that these brats are Gen Z, their parents are Gen X, and the photographer is a Boomer.. I'm sure Datalounge will find some way to blame Millennials for it all nonetheless!

by Anonymousreply 270November 16, 2018 12:12 AM

"families of carnies and roustabouts settled there"

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 271November 16, 2018 12:13 AM

It's hilarious that some DLers are looking for gay clues in Jordan's Facebook "likes" when they already know that he ENTERED THE "FAIREST OF THE FAIR" CONTEST.

by Anonymousreply 272November 16, 2018 12:17 AM

A millennial breathed in those kids' direction, R270, therefore it is their fault.

by Anonymousreply 273November 16, 2018 12:26 AM

r272 Yeah -- but is he in the running for Butter Queen?

by Anonymousreply 274November 16, 2018 12:29 AM

It's all generations' fault for letting education and empathy reach such a low point, R270.

by Anonymousreply 275November 16, 2018 12:37 AM

Oh so now all of a sudden it's [italic] all [/italic] generations' fault, and not just millennials? *Snort*

by Anonymousreply 276November 16, 2018 12:42 AM

Pete Gust, the photographer, should have reshot the photo when he realized what the kids were doing. Then, he should have destroyed the salute photo. He was in control of the shoot.

Instead, the idiot posted it on his web page. Not too smart, is he?

Now he’s trying to cover his ass.

I buy into the idea that he’s a biker creep.

by Anonymousreply 277November 16, 2018 12:44 AM

They learned from idiot adults who enabled them their whole lives.

by Anonymousreply 278November 16, 2018 12:51 AM

Are they actually being punished?

by Anonymousreply 279November 16, 2018 1:06 AM

Possibly, R279. Their parents might or might not take their iPhones away from them for a whole 48 hours.

by Anonymousreply 280November 16, 2018 1:12 AM

People, you know damn well that they have absolutely been exposed to what happened in the Holocaust, and they don't care. All this hippy-dippy "let's be nice, educate the world" crap is, well, crap.

They know. They don't care. Showing them pictures of dead bodies isn't going to change them. They don't have empathy for millions of people being slaughtered in a genocide, so all this nicey-nice crap that you're suggesting to fix the problem won't do anything.

People should have thought about this 10 or 15 years ago when the proliferation of anti-Semitism, hate crimes, and bigotry started thanks to the spread of hate online. Instead, everybody lost their balls and start crying about hate speech being free speech, live and let live, oh they'll grow out of it.

Now we have a widely publicized photo of an entire class giving a Seig Heil in 2018, and an entire school district ignoring it for months until it accidentally got on Twitter, and a photographer who says that the non Nazis are being mean to him for objecting to Nazis -- and that involves at least three generations, so cut the crap with these attempts to blame it all on one generation. That's fucking idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 281November 16, 2018 2:53 AM

I know that all the anger and outrage here is likely because so many of our fellow DLers are Jewish. I feel bad for the pain this has caused them. But I think they are overreacting to what is just teen age rebellion against the norms and political correctness. I don't believe for a minute that any one of them has an axe to grind with the Jewish people. They are just being "bad."

by Anonymousreply 282November 16, 2018 8:49 AM

You do realize that it isn't just about antisemitism, right, r282?

This apathetic "boys will be boys" response is exactly what creates conservative good-ol'-boyism.

by Anonymousreply 283November 16, 2018 10:50 AM

Exactly, r283.

And "Boys Will Be Boys" got us Brett Kavanagh and Brett Ratner.

These kids have learned a lesson. Unfortunately, their parents are Gen X and older Millennials and people under 50 believe that "being themselves" is paramount, which translates into "My beloved Bayleigh and Huntah can do no wrong!".

by Anonymousreply 284November 16, 2018 1:07 PM

[quote]I know that all the anger and outrage here is likely because so many of our fellow DLers are Jewish.

Any decent person would be outraged by this, you anti-semitic piece of shit. You can’t even comprehend caring about anyone who isn’t the same ethnicity as you.

by Anonymousreply 285November 16, 2018 1:23 PM

1936, a lone man refuses to give NAZI salute. If he were Jewish, he would have been forbidden from doing so. Still, being in that crowd, and not saluting, was pretty brave. The original NAZIs were street fighters, who used to beat up communists, Jews, and other undesirables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286November 16, 2018 8:08 PM

You missed the subtext of r282's post, r283. He thinks people are overreacting because they are Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 287November 16, 2018 9:57 PM

People are not overreacting. What we need is to go back to a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for this Nazi wannabe, right wing, fascist bullshit in the streets. You wanna march through Skokie? Go. We'll line the streets and shame you for miles and possibly give you a beating if we get the chance. You want to teach kids to do Nazi salutes? We'll make sure you never work again and those kids will pay a price and you'll all get beatings if we get the chance.

Seriously, the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi and that's as true today as it was in WWII.

It's not complicated.

by Anonymousreply 288November 16, 2018 10:29 PM

Thank you, r288. ITA.

by Anonymousreply 289November 16, 2018 10:31 PM

What is ITA?

by Anonymousreply 290November 16, 2018 10:34 PM

The kids made a terrible mistake. I can imagine myself being drawn into giving the salute due to peer pressure at that age. Thinking it really didn’t matter, who would see it, etc.

That said, the school needs to do some serious teaching and shaming over this. If these kids learn nothing else from this school, it should be that actions have consequences, peer pressure should never result in them doing something stupid, and more specifically, who the Fascists were and what this salute means.

by Anonymousreply 291November 16, 2018 10:38 PM

“I totally agree”

by Anonymousreply 292November 16, 2018 10:39 PM

Many of the hem are gleeful about what they are doing in the photo. Very few look like sheepish peer pressured go alongs.

Look at the kid middle front and the kids next to him. They appear supremely happy about what they’re doing.

by Anonymousreply 293November 16, 2018 11:31 PM

I don’t think the need to be cowed to be affected by peer pressure. Just the fear of being thought of as “not fun”, humorless, or of being different. They don’t have to be “afraid” to be motivated by peer pressure, or be actively pressured by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 294November 16, 2018 11:53 PM

I joined a group photo of my college dormmates. Some people must have planned the whole thing, but all I heard, was to “go outside right now!”, they’re taking a group picture. So I joined the crush. The first picture was a straight group photo. The next thing I know, is they were taking a second photo, and everyone should flip the bird. So I did as others were doing.

The photo was intended to send a message to the college about a policy it had, but I knew nothing about any of that, until after the fact. There was no harm done, but this is what I think of when I heard about these stupid kids. They really should have known better, but group-behavior can be very odd. They are in school to learn, and this is a great teachable moment for them.

I’ll add another thing to R291, they should be taught that there are cameras everywhere now, and they should anticipate that anything anyone does these days could be photographed, distributed, and last forever. As a corollary, your naked photos will live on forever; and employers will be looking at their social media till their dying day. Even anonymous photos will eventually no longer by anonymous thanks to improved facial recognition software.

by Anonymousreply 295November 17, 2018 12:05 AM

They do look pleased with themselves and this is where the beatings come in so handy.

One swift crack upside the head, that happy look fades away, that disgusting salute drops and we begin an earnest conversation regarding Nazis, WWII, mending one's ways and the quickest way to go about that, punctuated by the occasional smack upside the dummy's head.

Rinse and repeat with the next dummy.

Really, it is so not complicated.

by Anonymousreply 296November 17, 2018 12:15 AM

Where are the school shooters when you need them?

by Anonymousreply 297November 17, 2018 12:30 AM

I’m sorry but Nazi salutes and flipping the bird are not the same thing.

When did we all become so comfortable with Nazism? What’s going on here? I’m 50 and I don’t remember this casual “oh they’re just kids” attitude toward neo nazism. This shit needs to be called out harshly, always.

by Anonymousreply 298November 17, 2018 12:34 AM

I know Principal Flutie would have said, ‘Kids need understanding. Kids are human beings.’ That’s the kind of wooly-headed liberal thinking that leads to being eaten.

by Anonymousreply 299November 17, 2018 12:51 AM

R226, illogical and irrational. People, don't bother with these kind of people. They want everything others have but don't want to work for it. A child in a grownup body. Life is not " share with the class, children".

The reason why Trump won is a reaction to these damned people who won't abide having something for yourself that you worked for without being FORCED to share it.

The state of Atlanta? That's on blacks and no one else. Same goes for whites in west virginia.

The rest of humanity? They're sick of it! That's why.

by Anonymousreply 300November 17, 2018 1:04 AM

Jordan Blue, the guy in the back right, is IIRC openly gay. He's received considerable positive feedback on Twitter in the past week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301November 17, 2018 1:08 AM

Sarah Silverman weighs in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302November 17, 2018 1:13 AM

Come on! This isn't just about Jews (although if it was, it would already be horrendous enough). Gay people were also rounded up by the Nazis and sent to the camps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303November 17, 2018 1:56 AM

The kids in the photo are the same 4Chan/Reddit losers who mock Democrats for being “NPC”s and spread conspiracy nonsense online.

They are among the most onerous of all the Trump trolls we have to deal with. I do not think they will grow up to make positive contributions to society. They are tomorrow’s Republican voters, misogynists, homophobes, anti-Semites, and gun nuts. They need to be punched, named and shamed, shunned forever.

And the photographer has got to be a fucking moron for thinking that picture was worth keeping and sharing.

by Anonymousreply 304November 17, 2018 4:30 AM

In my high school, we weren’t even allowed to boo an opposing team. If the teachers heard booing, they’d climb the bleachers looking for the offenders.

by Anonymousreply 305November 17, 2018 4:33 AM

This is how whites are raised and socialized – even if not explicitly so. Nothing new here at all, other than the current zeitgeist making it increasingly more acceptable to express.

by Anonymousreply 306November 18, 2018 6:10 PM

Chilling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307November 18, 2018 6:29 PM

No it’s not how “whites” are raised R306.

It’s how SOME people are raised.

by Anonymousreply 308November 18, 2018 9:05 PM

What’s wrong with the name Thor? It’s Nordic, right? What does that have to do with nazis?

by Anonymousreply 309November 19, 2018 3:40 AM

White supremacists appropriate many of the symbols and iconography of Norse beliefs like Thor and Odin and Mjölnir. It was a big thing in Germany, merging with World Ice Doctrine and the occult and shit to form a theory or Aryan superiority.

by Anonymousreply 310November 19, 2018 4:49 AM

These kids need to be sent to Auschwitz!

by Anonymousreply 311November 19, 2018 5:03 AM

Thanks R310. People are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 312November 19, 2018 1:52 PM

The students will not be punished. District cites the First Amendment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 24, 2018 3:16 PM

If the First Amendment allows Nazis to sing Springtime for Hitler on Broadway for years and years to audiences filled with laughing people, I guess we'll all survive a school photo.

Adolf Hitler made Mel Brooks a shit ton of money, after all. The Holocaust was great business for Mel and his investors. The Third Reich had them laughing all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 314November 24, 2018 3:25 PM

[QUOTE]This is how whites are raised and socialized

I wasn't, lying liar @ r306.

by Anonymousreply 315November 24, 2018 3:34 PM

[quote]This is how whites are raised and socialized

Whites have been raised to laugh at Hitler and Nazis as comic villains on TV and in movies for decades. There aren't any real Nazis in the USA, except for the Neo-cons who tricked us into invading Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 316November 24, 2018 3:39 PM

Absolutely nothing bad happened to any of them. No punishment. No accountability.

Typical.

Meanwhile, a trangender person is suspended for their clothing choices, and others are given detention for kneeling during the pledge or the anthem.

Fuck this country.

by Anonymousreply 317November 24, 2018 4:20 PM

[quote]There aren't any real Nazis in the USA...

Spoken like a willfully blind privileged white male, ignoring the real life existence of neo-nazis, KKK members, white supremacists, and white nationalists... many of whom ARE IN OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

You couldn't be more obviously, laughably, pathetically wrong.

by Anonymousreply 318November 24, 2018 4:21 PM

Someone wearing a 'fuck trump' t-shirt to school would get sent home or suspended.

But someone giving a Nazi salute, something every bit as offensive, is coddled and unpunished.

Gotcha.

by Anonymousreply 319November 24, 2018 4:23 PM

[quote]many of whom ARE IN OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Yes, the Neo-cons in our federal government are indeed the Neo-Nazis. The Bushes are a political dynasty that literally funded the Third Reich via Wall Street. 9/11 was an inside job and it was our generation's Reichstag Fire.

by Anonymousreply 320November 24, 2018 4:24 PM

R320 tries to joke, while ignoring Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller. Or Twitler himself. Mock all you want, but there ARE neo-nazis and white supremacists and white nationalists in our Federal Government right now. And Aryan Nation and Strormfront and KKK members in our police departments.

Why the fuck are you trying to deny the obvious?

by Anonymousreply 321November 24, 2018 4:26 PM

[quote]Mock all you want, but there ARE neo-nazis and white supremacists and white nationalists in our Federal Government right now.

Who is laughing? The Bush family were and are literal Nazis. 9/11 was absolutely an inside job designed to deceive us into supporting a generation of endless war and Big Brother surveillance.

If you are worried about Steve Bannon types, you are worried about the wrong enemies of Truth and Freedom.

by Anonymousreply 322November 24, 2018 4:41 PM

With any luck it'll come back to haunt them come time to apply to college or apply for jobs.

by Anonymousreply 323November 24, 2018 4:51 PM

r223 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324November 24, 2018 5:14 PM

Apparently the first amendment only applies to white guys and white supremacists.

by Anonymousreply 325November 24, 2018 6:43 PM

I’m white. I live in New England. Please do not denegrate “Whites”, as I have nothing to do with these Deplorable morons.

by Anonymousreply 326November 24, 2018 7:04 PM

[quote]a trangender person is suspended for their clothing choices

I missed that...link please?

by Anonymousreply 327November 24, 2018 7:09 PM

Rl326, stop being "that guy". Stop "Not-Alling" this. That means you're part of the problem..

We all KNOW it's not "every single last white person", dumbass. You don't need to make it ALL ABOUT YOU by saying this. It's NOT ABOUT YOU. But it IS a MAJORITY OF ALL WHITE PEOPLE. And a near super-majority of WHITE MEN.

So either learn to be an Ally (allies don't "not-all!" shit like this), or just accept that you really ARE a part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 328November 24, 2018 7:59 PM

R328, wow, you’re a piece of work. Not because your post is sincere, I can see it’s not, but because you thought to troll as you have. I couldn’t even imagine thinking and writing something so racist.

by Anonymousreply 329November 24, 2018 8:05 PM

But most importantly, judging strictly by face, can we tell which ones are horse hung?

by Anonymousreply 330November 25, 2018 4:34 AM

R329, are you deplorable or just stupid? Do you have no reading comprehension? There's nothing racist in what I wrote in R328. The fact that you cannot grasp the truth of it shows that you might just be the racist one. That's common knowledge to everyone in the civil rights arena.

You're clearly NOT an ally. You still think it's all about you. You want a cookie for being "not racist". Sorry, it's not everyone else's job to acknowledge you doing what you're SUPPOSED to be doing...

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 331November 25, 2018 5:04 AM

Neonazis are the new hippies. Hippies were anti-establishment, they thumbed their noses at propriety, they dressed a certain way, wore their hair a certain way. So do neonazis. They wear short hair, they have to get fit after joining because neonazis want clean cut looking men. No fats, no fems. They hate the Tea Party look of fat assed, tooth-missing, messy hair& beard, cowboy hat & tee shirt wearing deplorables.

So this is how they are anti-establishment. They think of themselves as rebels, "free thinkers," non-mainstream. They're this century's radicals.

by Anonymousreply 332November 25, 2018 5:12 AM

Exactly WHO was "given detention" for kneeling during the Star Spangled Banner?

Colin Kaepernick? You mean the dude who wasn't good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL, and then refused an offer to be a back up QB on tow different team? And then went on to make a fucking fortune in a deal with Nike while he trademarked the kneeling man with an Afro?

Grow up. The whole thing was one big money grab by a washed up player who knew he would never start again and couldn't bear being a bench warmer. And once he made his bank and the NFL owners threw 100 million at the coalition of complaining black players the "problem" was gone with the wind.

Ya see any sort of sign of protesting about the cops this season?

by Anonymousreply 333November 25, 2018 7:15 AM

R333=racist idiot.

by Anonymousreply 334November 25, 2018 7:52 AM

One of these things is not like the others:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335November 25, 2018 7:53 AM

R334 Nope. I am in the business and I am merely telling you what everyone involved with the NFL knows.

Exactly what is "racist" about what I said? Is it the idea that a man who happens to be black might have motives which are not as pure as many hoped? It is now racist to show cynicism based on truths?

Would you accuse someone who is not a true believer in the methods of Al Sharpton of being a racist? Use your brain instead of employing knee jerk name calling,

by Anonymousreply 336November 25, 2018 8:54 AM

Yeah R328 it’s totally okay to throw blanket shit at an entire group of people.

The best kind of allies are muted and accept anything anyone else says at all times. They never question or speak up about things at all.

by Anonymousreply 337November 25, 2018 9:11 AM

R336, when you're in a hole, stop digging. Jesus.

The amount of racist white privilege it takes in order to dismiss a very real protest against white cops killing unarmed and innocent black citizens without any accountability is just... staggering. You should stop now, while you're really, really behind.

by Anonymousreply 338November 25, 2018 9:24 AM

Way to completely miss the point, R337.

(rolling my eyes hard at you)

by Anonymousreply 339November 25, 2018 9:24 AM

R338 Good god you are an asshole of epic proportions.

by Anonymousreply 340November 25, 2018 9:28 AM

I got your point R339

I disagree with it .

by Anonymousreply 341November 25, 2018 9:33 AM

Is this about disgusting, Nazi cops murdering innocent black men? Americans are so mean and ignorant they have no idea there is a problem with THAT crime.

by Anonymousreply 342November 25, 2018 9:36 AM

I guess “Bush and the neo-cons” are spray painting swastikas everywhere since Trump was elected. I guess they’re going around spiking the hate crime numbers through the roof in the past 2 years under Trump. Sure, troll.

Anyone saying Nazis don’t exist today in the U.S. is a deflection troll. We are turning into a fascist state and the racists are overjoyed. Look at the police brutality in this country, and the (white) citizens literally jumping up out of their seats to pledge allegiance to the police and the military.

Our country is sick. Our people are deranged.

by Anonymousreply 343November 25, 2018 12:52 PM

r343 / concern / exaggerating troll,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344November 25, 2018 4:38 PM

[quote]Is this about disgusting, Nazi cops murdering innocent black men? Americans are so mean and ignorant they have no idea there is a problem with THAT crime.

We have an even bigger problem of white people being killed by black men. White people are FAR more likely to be the victims of violent crime committed by black people than vice versa. Virtually no black women are raped by white men, but white women are raped by black men all the time.

by Anonymousreply 345November 25, 2018 4:49 PM

R340 is projecting... accusing others of what's actually true of himself.

by Anonymousreply 346November 25, 2018 5:50 PM

This is a perfect example of white privilege in action, as explained by the twitter link below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347November 25, 2018 5:50 PM

R345 parrots racist right-wing talking points. Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 348November 25, 2018 5:51 PM

R344 is in denial of reality, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 349November 25, 2018 5:52 PM

R341, no, you don't get the point. You may think you do, but clearly you don't. Go back and try again. And maybe read some writings of people of color on the subject, … and open your mind a little.

by Anonymousreply 350November 25, 2018 5:53 PM

r349, completely missing the point, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 351November 25, 2018 6:01 PM

Stop projecting, R351. And stop living in denial. And stop with your stupid 'concern' trolling with the whole "you're why trump won" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 352November 25, 2018 6:12 PM

r352,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353November 25, 2018 6:16 PM

When you stop with your unending "Stop projecting", "denial" & "everyone is a racist or a Nazi if the don't agree with me" bullshit then we'll talk, sweetie / r353.

by Anonymousreply 354November 25, 2018 6:19 PM

^^^^ r352

by Anonymousreply 355November 25, 2018 6:19 PM

I get your point

I disagree with it

I don’t need to embrace the idea that white people’s collective history should shame me into being called things I’m not.

By your logic we should not say gay men aren’t pedophiles because men have victimized children and we all should bear that shame regardless.

We shouldn’t speak against male on female rape because men have victimized women.

by Anonymousreply 356November 25, 2018 11:27 PM

[quote]"everyone is a racist or a Nazi if the don't agree with me" bullshit

R354, never have I ever said or implied such a thing. Again, you're completely off the deep end, ignoring reality, and engaging in logical fallacies (like strawman fallacies).

by Anonymousreply 357November 25, 2018 11:34 PM

You're a freakin' idiot, R356. Nobody is calling YOU names, you dumbshit. That's the point you keep missing. It's not all about you, you narcissistic ass.

by Anonymousreply 358November 25, 2018 11:35 PM

There are a number of White power enclaves in Indiana and Illinois for those who don't know. And Wisconsin apparently.

by Anonymousreply 359November 25, 2018 11:43 PM

Read R306 who declares as a “fact” “this is how white people are raised”

I wasn’t and I don’t know any white person who was. My parents had kids late and are much older than my peers, they actually remember WW2 and we were raised to know that nazism is bad. My mother was an on call social worker for forty odd years and I saw a lot of people in different walks of life.

I live in low income housing in the inner city and most of us try to get along and support each other instead of being pointlessly divisive.

So yeah 306 made it about me and the other posters who balked at his “wisdom”.

I can have empathy for people who have dealt with systemic racism without embracing a mindset that says that bad acts of white people prior to me have stained me forever and I should just be silent when someone paints me with the same brush as neo nazis.

And also you do realize that by calling me a “dumb shit” you are actually calling me names.

by Anonymousreply 360November 25, 2018 11:53 PM

r357,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361November 26, 2018 12:13 AM

[Quote] never have I ever said or implied such a thing.

Really? Go back to YOUR post @ r334 and r348, hon.

by Anonymousreply 362November 26, 2018 12:20 AM

R360 is so goddamned full of himself.

The fact is and remains that the ONLY demographics that voted for Trump were White men (nearly 70%) and White women (just over 50%).

Sorry you can't handle the truth, and it's just fucking perverse that you think that saying "white people went for Trump" -- a fact that is undeniable -- somehow is a personal insult to you.

Again: IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU.

Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 363November 26, 2018 12:35 AM

R362, your reading comprehension is as abysmal as any trumpster's. Jesus.

Stop parroting racist talking points and people won't think you're racist.

by Anonymousreply 364November 26, 2018 12:36 AM

For those in denial about American Nazis... white supremacy, white nationalism, and white privilege...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365November 26, 2018 12:41 AM

The "never have I ever said or implied such a thing" was in reference to the directly quoted "everyone is a racist or a Nazi if the don't agree with me" bullshit comment.

You're so dishonest and narcissistic you're trying to make it about you, and redirecting to other statements. Dumbass.

You would fail even the most elementary Debate class, logical class, or critical thinking class.

by Anonymousreply 366November 26, 2018 12:43 AM

[Bold] r357 / r364 / r365 KEEP ON PROVING MY POINT! HA! YOU DUMBASS FUCKTARD!

by Anonymousreply 367November 26, 2018 12:44 AM

Could the person who has been taking over threads by pretending to be two sides of some two-person argument shut the fuck up already? Enough. I'm sorry you didn't get enough attention from Daddy when you were younger, but don't take it out on us.

by Anonymousreply 368November 26, 2018 12:48 AM

r366 it was a general statement FUCKTARD! DUH!!!!!!!!!!! If you're going to play that game dear then my comments up thread weren't directed at YOU in the first place so why are you replying? Oh that's right you want attention!

by Anonymousreply 369November 26, 2018 12:50 AM

More projection. Jesus Christ, what is WRONG with you?

Stop denying the reality of neo-Nazism, white supremacy, white nationalism, white privilege, and racism... and stop thinking that when someone correctly and accurately says it's a "white people problem" and that "white people are supporting all this", that it somehow is an insult to you, just because you CLAIM to be one of the minority of white people who don't.

Seriously. You're not being an ally when you make it all about yourself, and can't handle the fact that you're part of a demographic that has proven itself to be rather racist.

YOU are the one that seemingly wants attention, the way you butt in with "NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE!" the moment white people are called out for their obvious racism.

You're as bad as those right-winger who say "ALL LIVES MATTER" any time someone mentions the fact that "Black Lives Matter".

You're terrible. Stop.

by Anonymousreply 370November 26, 2018 12:56 AM

r370, keep on making my point. You're so fucking dumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371November 26, 2018 12:58 AM

r370 is typing as fast as she can right now.

by Anonymousreply 372November 26, 2018 1:02 AM

C'mon r370 we know you're in a frenzy with some douchey reply and using all the words you claimed you never used. C'mon gurl!

by Anonymousreply 373November 26, 2018 1:04 AM

r370 believes she and ONE other person are posting on this thread. What a fucking dumbass. Sheeeeeesh!

by Anonymousreply 374November 26, 2018 1:11 AM

What is so disconcerting is that they are such a cheery, happy group of young Nazis!

by Anonymousreply 375November 26, 2018 1:18 AM

LOOK r370! There's a 4th person on this thread ^^^^^^ !

Ha ha ha ha !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 376November 26, 2018 1:21 AM

R370

You make a lot of assumptions. Because of your name calling rhetoric I’m writing you off as a troll.

I don’t give a shit what you say anymore. I haven’t said nazism Isn’t a problem or even a white people thing. If you block my posts you can see that I’ve been arguing that these kids need to be punished and shamed as an example.

I am not making it about myself. You seem to think that I should just be okay with being called racist when I’m not “because white people”.

I’m not okay with it and I don’t give a flying fuck what you think.

by Anonymousreply 377November 26, 2018 2:09 AM

R377, of course r370 is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 378November 26, 2018 2:15 AM

Yeah I see it now.

I get their shtick.

by Anonymousreply 379November 26, 2018 2:46 AM

The most important thing in these trying times when Nazis march in our streets and Hitler salutes are fully normalized, is for white people to stridently insist “not ALL white people, my parents raised ME right, how very DARE you malign white people that way, you terribly divisive name-caller! Harumphh!!” Yes, history will look back and judge the likes of R360 as the true victims in Trump’s America: white people who AREN’T total Nazis and derail any discussion by loudly and repeatedly taking offense at the very notion that white people bear any blame for racism.

Just STFU, troll. You’re clearly trying to deliberately derail this thread, which most definitely makes YOU part of the problem, not anyone rightly blaming white people for creating this culture in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 380November 26, 2018 11:37 AM

^^^^^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 381November 26, 2018 11:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382November 26, 2018 11:54 AM

Whatever R380

On to you. Really good job trolling.

Do they pay extra for quality?

by Anonymousreply 383November 26, 2018 12:01 PM

The First Amendment protects you against retaliation by THE GOVERNMENT for what you've said.

The private sector, the job market, university admission offices, can do whatever they like in response to words and actions.

And I suspect they will.

And they're blurring the faces of these little Yakubians now? That horse left the gate last month, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 384November 26, 2018 12:36 PM

OMG r370 / r380 there are more people here replying on this thread!!!! Isn't that great, hon?

Look cunt, YOU started this entire thing. YOU where the one who attacked first. Not me. I was speaking to someone else in this thread. YOU thought I was the same person YOU were TROLLING up thread. BLAME YOURSELF, BITCH! But in typical fashion YOU blame others for you bullshit and become the victim. Poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 385November 26, 2018 3:58 PM

R370 = R380 trolling on multiple platforms.

by Anonymousreply 386November 26, 2018 4:09 PM

For anyone that still casually brushes this off as boys joking around, remember that it is the aim of white nationalists to normalize "white pride" and that they actively recruit teenagers who are easy to emotionally manipulate.

[quote] Andrew Oneschuk was one of a raft of alienated young men who, over the past several years, found their way into the self-reinforcing online universe of the far right. It was a phenomenon that, for a great many people, seemed to come out of nowhere: “Ordinary” boys from ordinary towns in relatively ordinary economic circumstances had suddenly aligned themselves with white supremacy. They had come to believe, through an intricate online world, that everything they’d ever learned was, essentially, a lie. In the lingo of the Internet, they’d been “red pilled,” Matrix style, their adolescent anomie exploited through a cottage industry of websites, Reddit threads, Twitter feeds, YouTube videos, and scores of memes laced with a sort of deceptive irony that made it hard to know what’s a joke and what’s not. Adolf Hitler holding a PlayStation controller; Jamba Juice cups wearing yarmulkes and payot; the anti-Semitic- cartoon character known as the Happy Merchant, often portrayed making off with someone’s money. There were anime characters dressed as fascists, and “Nazi Ponies,” which was a Tumblr blog, then a VK page, a Twitter feed and a series of YouTube videos that showcased My Little Ponies accessorized with swastika armbands or clad in full SS regalia.

[quote] Between 2012 and 2016, according to a report by George Washington University’s Program on Extremism, there was a 600 percent increase in followers of American white-nationalist movements on Twitter alone; white-nationalist groups now outperform ISIS in nearly every social metric. Analysts who study extremism note that both the far right and groups like ISIS use similar tactics, producing high-quality videos and employing memes and jokes to make their message more appealing. “The overall goal is to destabilize people so you can then fill them with your own views,” says Keegan Hankes, a senior research analyst with the Southern Poverty Law Center. “If you make racism or anti-Semitism funny, you can subvert the cultural taboo. Make people laugh at the Holocaust – you’ve opened a space in which history and fact become worthless, period.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387November 28, 2018 6:04 PM

Facts cannot be racist, R348. Black men are far likelier to perpetrate violent crimes against white people than white people are to commit violent crimes against blacks. Every statistic available backs up this assertion. If you have stats to disprove it, please supply them before resorting to the cowardly tactic of accusing me of racism just for stating the facts.

by Anonymousreply 388November 28, 2018 6:08 PM

r388 That's a natural consequence of being oppressed, though. It's not as if it's inherent to being black.

It's disingenuous to say that there isn't any subtext to bringing that up in a conversation like this. You knew exactly the kind of responses you'd get. You were anticipating this to prove how much of a logician you are.

by Anonymousreply 389November 28, 2018 6:14 PM

[quote]That's a natural consequence of being oppressed, though. It's not as if it's inherent to being black.

If that were true, the Jews in the Warsaw ghetto would have been violent toward the Poles. They weren't.

by Anonymousreply 390November 28, 2018 6:16 PM

I hope that people have not forgotten about this story and action is still being taken.

by Anonymousreply 391November 28, 2018 6:18 PM

The posters here who are so forcefully insisting that this all amounts to nothing are the people who scare me the most right now. Not these dumb kids, or even the moronic bigots who encourage them. It’s the ones dismissing all of it as nothing, and ridiculing every single objection to it as paranoid hysteria, who are the most dangerous. Anyone who denies the obvious parallels between those people and what happened in Germany is someone whose agenda I definitely do question.

by Anonymousreply 392November 28, 2018 6:22 PM

[quote]It's disingenuous to say that there isn't any subtext to bringing that up in a conversation like this. You knew exactly the kind of responses you'd get. You were anticipating this to prove how much of a logician you are.

As a logician I understand that blacks do not have Neanderthal genes. This separates them from the rest of the human race in many observable ways. One is the ability to think in abstract concepts. Before they were dragged out of darkest Africa a few short centuries ago, blacks had no literature, no alphabet, no numerical system, no wheels, no architecture, no agriculture, no domesticated beasts, no vehicles, no farm tools, the list goes on and on. We pass on knowledge through our DNA. The black race, living in its primitive African state, were tens of thousands of years behind the rest of the human race in the evolution of their minds. You don't have to think in the abstract when you and your people live in a warm fertile climate that provides you with an easy living for centuries and centuries.

Once you realize that black people today are at a biological disadvantage because of their inherited genetic limited ability to think in abstract terms, you will understand so much more about their behavior, including their characteristic propensity for mindless brute violence.

We all deserve equal opportunity, but to say that the minds of black people are as highly evolved as the minds of non-black people is, sadly, incorrect. If that's racist, then the truth is racist. What can one do?

by Anonymousreply 393November 28, 2018 6:32 PM

oh, dear. This will not end well.

by Anonymousreply 394November 28, 2018 6:44 PM

Yes, R394. You spleeny liberals always recoil from hard truths. You know I'm right yet you don' t dare agree with me because the truth is so very politically incorrect.

Liberals love Darwin as a tool to hate on God and religion. But they get terribly nervous when it is pointed out that distinct groups of human beings living in separate environments for tens of thousands of years obviously evolved differently from one another. Liberals know that bulldogs aren't as smart as border collies, but draw the same comparison between peoples and suddenly the liberals need a safe space to hide from reality.

by Anonymousreply 395November 28, 2018 6:53 PM

r390 That's assuming the conditions of the oppression were the same.

Jews had access to education and wealth previously whereas Black Americans had long struggled to integrate into society. It was no cake walk for Jews, but the situations were different.

Cyclical poverty breeds violent crime and there are Black Americans that have been a part of that cycle for a long time, they are overrepresented in crime statistics simply due to the cyclical nature of socioeconomic disadvantage.

r393 Accusing an entire group of people as having a natural predilection for violence is a classically racist position to hold. Yes, the 'Other' is bad because of their genetic disposition. That has been repeated ad nauseum about many peoples thoroughout history, but it isn't true. It's hilarious that this is being unironically pushed on a forum for gay men, you know, gay men how we're genetically predisposed degenerate AIDS-infested paedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 396November 28, 2018 7:02 PM

This is why I don't put much stock in statistics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397November 28, 2018 7:04 PM

Here's the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398November 28, 2018 7:10 PM

Such superior evolved brains, lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399November 28, 2018 7:16 PM

Look, I found this picture of r393. Gaze your eyes (preferably blue in colour) upon this fine specimen of superior white genetics. Does it not fill you lesser halfbreeds and mongrels with envy to bear witness to such a prime example of the virile, intelligent, and, above all, WHITE man in all his supreme God-given glory?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400November 28, 2018 7:26 PM

r393 / r395 is begging for an FF. Please give it to her.

by Anonymousreply 401November 28, 2018 7:40 PM

I can't r401, because I can't see them. Must have blocked the trash at some point.

by Anonymousreply 402November 29, 2018 12:24 AM

[quote]You seem to think that I should just be okay with being called racist when I’m not “because white people”.

No, dumbass. Nobody is calling YOU a racist when they say "white people elected Trump and seem okay with White supremacy/nationalism". Your insistence that you be given a 'cookie' for being one of the minority nobody is talking about when they say that is YOUR problem, and your constant "NOT ALL!! NOT ALL!" bullshit marks you as a fake 'ally' who wants to make it all about you, rather than acknowledging the truth.

And telling you this doesn't make me or anyone else a troll.

by Anonymousreply 403November 29, 2018 12:29 AM

The rancid stench of troll shit is back in the thread aka r370 / r403

by Anonymousreply 404November 29, 2018 1:47 AM

Not a troll. Why are you so stubborn in your denial of the FACT that bigots constantly shout "NOT ALL MEN/WHITES/ETC..." at women and men who point out the very real problems of white male behavior? And that doing so makes you sound like one of the bigots? And that "NOT ALL-ing" is a really stupid, self-absorbed, main-splainy thing to do?

Why is having this obvious fact pointed out to you considered "trolling"?

This link is about men who "not all!" women... but the same basis applies to whites who "not all!" people of color.

Could you try stop being a dick for a few moments, and think about how your comments are perceived by their targets?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405November 29, 2018 2:17 AM

Another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406November 29, 2018 2:18 AM

This one specifically about "Not all whites...":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407November 29, 2018 2:19 AM

The problem of making the man at R400 the face of white nationalism is that we all know that simply is not the truth.

Ten years ago it was close to being the truth. The poor dimwitted country boys who still held the Klan as a group to aspire to did look like mouth breathing hillbillies. The face of white nationalism today is far closer to white preppy boys. Look at the photos of Charlottesville: those were some well scrubbed middle class looking boys and young men The same goes for their leadership. Gone are the toothless Grand Dragons and Grand Wizards of the Dave Chapelle KKK skit and the David Duke era. The leaders today look like frat boys at Georgia Tech and UT.

It s also a bit disingenuous to post photos such as R399. Yes, he is gross. But if I wished to post a grotesque photo of a black cop killer, I could find in 2 minutes a pic of a an AA man who would make R399 look like an Oxford don.

Keep on F&Fing people who say things which you want to keep away from your beautiful minds, but please know that it is happening, it is growing, and it has to be dealt with. It is a new day gentlemen, and I do not believe Trump is in any way behind it.

Trump is a RESULT of it, which is a completely different thing, There are now in the US enough voters who have had enough with the racial problems to elect a president. Not against an excellent candidate mind you, but against a weaker candidate such as HRC.

If the Dems find another Obama, IMHO, that will be the only way to subvert and turn the tide. Obama knew how to placate both sides. He could appeal to the educated white voter who was open minded(like me) and he knew how to keep the AAs in check. He did a damn good job of it until the Trayvon Martin disaster. I truly believe that IF that had happened in his first term, he would have done more to quell the flames forming on both sides; but by that point in his second term he just didn't want to risk anything.

by Anonymousreply 408November 29, 2018 2:23 AM

"how to be less stupid about race" is an excellent book by crystal M. fleming

“Not all white people.” “All lives matter.” “I don’t see color.” These are statements that often mean well, but often derail a larger conversation that needs to be had. Fleming takes a no-BS approach to the ridiculous proverbs that plague common racial rhetoric. She expertly breaks down why these sayings are useless and ineffective. Plus, the writing is exquisite. Every line is a mic drop. Paired with Oluo’s book above, these will get you understanding a lot in a little bit of time.

Someone who insists on mansplaining "Not all whites..." is just as big a dick and idiot as those Trumpsters who scream "ALL lives matter" in response to "Black Lives Matter". Zero difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409November 29, 2018 2:25 AM

R370 / R403 / R405 / R406 of course YOU'RE A TROLL, DEAR. YOU ARE TROLLING PEOPLE HERE.

by Anonymousreply 410November 29, 2018 2:30 AM

[Quote] Could you try stop being a dick for a few moments, and think about how your comments are perceived by their targets?

Isn't that sweet, r307 / r405 is PROJECTING.

by Anonymousreply 411November 29, 2018 2:36 AM

No, I'm not, R410. No matter how dismissive you want to be of the simple facts I'm stating.

The fact that you THINK I'm a "troll" makes ME think you're a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 412November 29, 2018 2:39 AM

r370 / r405 / r412,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413November 29, 2018 2:45 AM

[Quote] The fact that you THINK I'm a "troll" makes ME think you're a bigot.

I don't agree with your method, FUCKTARD! THAT IS ALL! And that is what make you a TROLL, DUMBASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course you can't see it because YOU'RE A TROLL !!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 414November 29, 2018 2:49 AM

R412 / TROLL maybe you should get back to your threads "Hot GIFs you can watch all day Part 6! " and "Hot Cocks 2019" mkay.

by Anonymousreply 415November 29, 2018 2:55 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416December 3, 2018 11:48 AM

Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 417December 7, 2018 3:20 PM

Louise.

by Anonymousreply 418December 7, 2018 5:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!