Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alec Baldwin Bumped to Saturdays in December on ABC

The news follows the actor's arrest and dismal ratings for the talk show. ABC's patience with The Alec Baldwin Show has ended.

The network has pulled its remaining episodes of the pretaped talk show from its home on Sundays at 10 p.m., effective Nov. 18. Unaired new episodes of the series, hosted by Baldwin, will resume airing on in its new time slot on Saturdays, starting Dec. 8 at 10 p.m. Production on all the remaining episodes has already been completed.

In the interim, ABC will air repeats of Shark Tank in The Alec Baldwin Show's Sunday at 10 p.m. slot starting Nov. 18. On Sunday, Dec. 2 at 10 p.m., ABC will air The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Holiday Special, with The Sound of Music set for 7 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, Dec. 16.

The news follows Baldwin's arrest following a parking lot altercation in New York and dismal viewership for his ABC talker. The series, which aired a backdoor pilot of sorts in March following the Oscars, kicked off its season in October to a lackluster 2 million same-day viewers. Its Nov. 4 broadcast dipped to less than 1.5 million total viewers.

"We're making a good show here," Baldwin told The Hollywood Reporter in a recent cover story. The actor recognized at the time that the series might not last and hedged: "I mean, who knows if we survive? ABC's not doing very well. We could get out there, show four or five episodes, and be dead."

The Alec Baldwin Show is the first new program of the season to be downgraded from its initial episode order/time slot in what has been a lackluster fall season. No other new series — scripted or unscripted — has been pulled from the schedule or moved time slots.

by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2019 4:09 AM

Alec had a talk show?

by Anonymousreply 1November 7, 2018 1:40 PM

I am still curious why anyone thought this format would succeed at 10pm on a Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 2November 7, 2018 1:48 PM

On Howard Stern he claimed he would win if he ran for president in 2020. On common sense alone. Love to find rest of this interview.

He's completely out of his mind and CANNOT HIDE HIS DRINKING by appearance. Almost like Shatner here.

He'd always be at the head table with the Kennedy clan at Hampton parties events prior 2000. He's always had political aspirations. From the looks of it he was going through some suicidal aspirations last weekend. The Daily fail reported he wore the same clothes for 3 days straight but it was really 4 straight days.

How close to the edge do you have to be to not change your clothes while zipping about in public? It's actually scary. Anyone else would be held on a psychiatric hold. Danger to himself and others. At least he stopped driving after a few days. Seen carrying an empty box around NY. If you're familiar with suicide cases before their act, your hackles would instinctively raise. Would not be surprised if he offed himself. Murder-suicide not out of question.

His brother had to be intervened upon in a hotel in NYC attempting suicide while in a "cocaine psychosis". There's something amiss in the DNA there. They "go there". Keeping an eye on this because something tells me he's dangerously close to doing himself in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 7, 2018 6:07 PM

Sarah Jessica Parker is his guest tonight.

You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2018 11:56 PM

There's an Alec Baldwin show? And it's been on for months? Yeah, not going to last.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2018 12:00 AM

He got paid a boat load of money for this failed enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2018 12:05 AM

I saw him on a talk show the other night (Colbert or Seth Meyers) and it sounds like he is running out of money with all those kids because the movies he is in now are not high paying.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2018 12:07 AM

Saturday night is the kiss of death for a network show.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2018 12:09 AM

Remember when Saturday night used to be a great night for TV?

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2018 12:25 AM

His wife, the yoga whore, is now using her maiden name (think it's Thomas) so it's Hilaria Thomas Baldwin. I'm guessing she wants to establish her own identity in probable case of divorce.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2018 12:30 AM

R7 most of them aren't in school. What is he spending the money on?

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2018 12:33 AM

R10 maybe she felt she needed to distinguish her name from Hailey Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2018 12:41 AM

r11 he made a comment that one movie role barely paid for the hotel when your kid is drinking a $10 glass of orange juice.

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2018 12:42 AM

SJP says she revered Claire Bloom.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2018 2:13 AM

SJP looks like shit

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2018 2:42 AM

I can't believe they did a whole hour with her.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2018 8:30 PM

The show should have been on TCM.

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2018 1:00 AM

Update.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2019 6:10 PM

Hasn't this happened to Baldwin before? Having a talk show canceled because of his bad behavior.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2019 6:15 PM

For that assault if he had been a poor black he'd have had to do time

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2019 6:16 PM

I know that's right.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2019 6:29 PM

[quote] Hasn't this happened to Baldwin before? Having a talk show canceled because of his bad behavior.

Yes, about 5 or 10 yrs ago he had an MSNBC show. Just as it debuted, a controversy erupted about him screaming "cock-sucker" during a fight with someone on the street. People pointed out it's a homophobic and misogynistic term. He never really apologized and the controversy was enough to get the show canceled. Surely by now networks realize he's too unstable to be given a show.

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2019 6:43 PM

I wonder why he manned up finally? He never takes responsibility for these outbursts.

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2019 6:51 PM

Sometimes shit catches up to you even if you're rich and white. He can rehabilitate his public image is he gets some help for his anger issues and speaks honestly about how he's hurt people. He seems to be in denial and his wife and others around him have enabled him. His Trump imitation is stale, too.

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2019 6:57 PM

Terrible show

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2019 7:13 PM

Teachable moment.

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2019 7:22 PM

r11 I suspect each child has at least 1 nanny. That gets expensive, plus I'm sure his wife likes to spend money. Why else would she marry him? He's aged horribly, plus the anger problem. What a horrible couple and those kids will be a mess.

by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2019 4:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!