Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Still Want to Be Underwhelmed

Other thread closed.

Post your most banal, trite moments.

I found a nickel on the floor of the grocery store this morning. It was in the canned goods aisle.

by Anonymousreply 600January 8, 2019 7:30 PM

I just ate an egg roll. It was delightfully light and not greasy. I dipped it in duck sauce.

by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2018 4:09 PM

There's a reason the other thread is closed. Get with the program. Let it die.

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2018 8:19 PM

I got drunk last night for the first time since August and I feel gross today. Not hungover, just gross. I'm surprised I'm not hungover, but I'm not still drunk.

by Anonymousreply 3November 7, 2018 3:35 PM

OK, the hangover is kicking in now.

by Anonymousreply 4November 7, 2018 5:34 PM

I'm sitting here without a shirt on, reading DL....I took my shirt off because I was afraid of spilling red wine on it.

by Anonymousreply 5November 7, 2018 6:13 PM

I don't know if I should go piss now or wait until my bladder is fuller. I hate to make two trips when I'm enjoying a lie down.

by Anonymousreply 6November 7, 2018 6:15 PM

A good bladder should be able to retain half a litre of fluid for 6 hours.

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2018 10:09 PM

I could write a page full of unimportant shit that no one cares about...but me.

by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2018 10:12 PM

[quote]There's a reason the other thread is closed.

What is it? What could be more innocuous than this thread (as long as EJECTAQUEEN shuts the fuck up)?

by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2018 10:14 PM

The USPS did not deliver a package today, but they sent me a text and email saying they did. I had to call and "open a case."

by Anonymousreply 10November 9, 2018 10:18 PM

I'm now getting into the habit of smoothing my trouser seat before sitting.

I know mother always teach their daughters to do this. But I just don't want excess fabric bunching up into my cleavage.

by Anonymousreply 11November 9, 2018 10:21 PM

I made a sauce for the chicken and it called for diced tomatoes so I got the Rotel kind with chiles in them, thinking it would be a light kick and small bit of added flavor. Ay Chihuahua! My mouth's burning like Malibu.

by Anonymousreply 12November 9, 2018 10:22 PM

I had a tuna sandwich for lunch with cucumbers and I had brought it from home. The tuna taste seeped into the cucumbers and it... wasn't good. No amount of hot sauce can fix that.

by Anonymousreply 13November 9, 2018 10:24 PM

I found some dirt on the floor. I went to the closet, took out a broom, swept the dirt. Then, I took a dustpan and re-swept the dirt into the pan. I went to my garbage can, opened the lid, the emptied the dustpan, then closed the lid. I put the broom back into the closet. It was an exhausting process... so I went to my couch to lie down.

by Anonymousreply 14November 9, 2018 10:30 PM

I suspect you need a comfort animal r14.

by Anonymousreply 15November 9, 2018 10:31 PM

There's a marathon in my town tomorrow. I'll stay as far away as humanly possible.

by Anonymousreply 16November 9, 2018 10:34 PM

I just LOVE my handy cord-free Dyson Cleaner.

Vacuuming is a pleasure now!

by Anonymousreply 17November 9, 2018 10:50 PM

r16 I hate marathons. They ruin my town for an entire day, and they happen twice a year.

by Anonymousreply 18November 9, 2018 10:52 PM

Had a light lunch. Bucket of KFC, pint of mashed potatoes with gravy, pint of coleslaw, four buttered roles, slice of pecan pie, and of course a liter of Diet Coke. Gotta watch my figure.

by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2018 11:06 PM

I have a fire ant bite on the palm of my left hand. It itches.

by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2018 11:08 PM

I am watching PBS NewsHour and feeling disdain for David Brooks.

by Anonymousreply 21November 9, 2018 11:11 PM

I spent today deciding whether or not to buy a chrome or brass model vintage floor lamp. Same model, brass is a little cheaper. Maybe 5 hours of thinking, and staring at pics.

I also tell people that I'm not a materialistic person, like it's part of my identity.

by Anonymousreply 22November 9, 2018 11:11 PM

I ordered online two metal swing gates twelve days ago for each end of my front porch. They were due two days ago. I called. All they said was the order was in progress.

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2018 11:23 PM

I just learned that Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne are still together. I thought they divorced after his cheating. Also, he's only 69. That means he was in his early 50s when their reality show first aired. Drugs are bad, kids.

by Anonymousreply 24November 9, 2018 11:34 PM

The milk on my cereal tasted sour this morning and the expiration date is a week away!

by Anonymousreply 25November 11, 2018 12:48 PM

R17 I just bought that Dyson and it changed my life. No more dusty corners or ceiling cobwebs.

by Anonymousreply 26November 11, 2018 1:21 PM

I put a load of towels in the dryer. My husband’s clothes were still in the dryer so I folded them for him.

by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2018 1:25 PM

I'm having a baked sweet potato for breakfast. No toppings, just the sweet potato.

by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2018 1:27 PM

Disappointed that TCM isn’t giving WWI more attention today. It’s 100 years today since the end of that pointless war.

by Anonymousreply 29November 11, 2018 1:29 PM

What about the History Channel, r29? I don't know. I don't have cable. But maybe THC can lay off on Hitler and pay attention to This Day in History.

What are some good WWI films, for those thus inclined?

by Anonymousreply 30November 11, 2018 1:31 PM

I just ate a piece of toast with mayonnaise and sliced avocado.

by Anonymousreply 31November 11, 2018 4:05 PM

Paths of Glory, Sergeant York, and All Quiet on the Western Front are the classics that come to mind, R30. I'd also recommend The Last Battalion, The Great War (an Italian film from the 50s), Captain Conan, and a British film called The Trench with a young Daniel Craig.

Not specifically war films, but concerned with the climate that led up to the war are The Shooting Party and Colonel Redl. The first is British, about a shooting party on a great English estate the autumn before WW1--it covers a lot of the same ground as Downton Abbey, far more realistically imo, and was also James Mason's last film, one in which he gets to play a deeply sympathetic character instead of a silky villain. Also features Sir John Gielgud.

Colonel Redl is a Hungarian film (though shot in German), about a closeted officer in the Austro-Hungarian Army. Not a lot of sex but great insight into what it's like to be a gay man in the military, as well as the usual class consciousness that I assume as an American was mostly over my head. Stars Klaus Maria Brandauer (Baron Blixen for the M fans), an actor I wish we'd get to see more of outside of his native Germany.

by Anonymousreply 32November 11, 2018 4:06 PM

Saw "Can You Ever Forgive Me?" today and it was great.

by Anonymousreply 33November 11, 2018 10:05 PM

I commemorated the Armistice in my own way. I don't need validation from others.

by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2018 1:53 AM

I’m eating a Devil Dog.

by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2018 2:04 AM

I made some green chili today and smoked a turkey tenderloin so I’ll have lunches and dinner for the week. I’m taking Friday off to meet with an astrologer for a 2019 reading and go to a Jack White concert.

by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2018 2:13 AM

I saw part of the opening for People's Choice...wow! It looked trashy. What the heck, does everything in Hollywood have to be trashy?

by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2018 2:31 AM

I could have told you, tuna fish and cucumbers do not go together.

by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2018 2:34 AM

I need to cut my toenails.

by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2018 2:40 AM

Tomorrow I am going to order the parts to rebuild the downstairs toilet.

by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2018 2:47 AM

The Toy Story 4 trailer is the definition of "underwhelming". I mean, seriously. This was the best they could come up with?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 12, 2018 5:28 PM

I did not have to remind the deli clerk to mayonnaise BOTH sides of my bread today.

by Anonymousreply 42November 12, 2018 5:30 PM

My bf didn’t make me a coffee before he left for work, so now I have to get up and make it myself.

by Anonymousreply 43November 12, 2018 5:38 PM

My hands are greasy after eating some Ruffles. I think I will go wash them.

by Anonymousreply 44November 12, 2018 6:18 PM

I went to a billy Joel concert. We were so close to the stage I could read the lyrics on the monitors they had placed in strategic areas for Billy Joel & the band to see. You’d think Billy Joel would know the lyrics to his songs by now.

by Anonymousreply 45November 13, 2018 1:24 AM

I’m not a billy Joel fan r45 but he received so much radio air play when I was younger even I could probably get by without the lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 46November 14, 2018 7:56 AM

r45 Some people with otherwise excellent memories can't remember song lyrics. I'm one of them.

by Anonymousreply 47November 14, 2018 8:21 AM

Have you written and performed those lyrics thousands of times r47? Because if you had, you might remember them.

by Anonymousreply 48November 14, 2018 8:56 AM

Well, r48, no, I haven't. But we are working with the assumption that he, who has "written and performed those lyrics thousands of times" can't either. So whether I am Billy Joel or not is probably of importance to no one but you.

by Anonymousreply 49November 14, 2018 8:59 AM

Maybe you’re both just not as smart as you think you are r49.

by Anonymousreply 50November 14, 2018 9:33 AM

Wow, just heard Joe Perry collapsed backstage after playing Walk this Way at the Billy Joel concert. Luckily, he’s ok now & was released from the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 51November 14, 2018 5:07 PM

[quote] Perry was "treated backstage by paramedics who gave the guitarist oxygen and used a tracheal tube to clear his airway before taking him to a hospital,"

I wonder if they intubated him or just used a straight suction tube

by Anonymousreply 52November 14, 2018 5:14 PM

See this thread then....

"Is leaving only one space before the ZIP Code a sign that one is low class?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 14, 2018 5:23 PM

Back to being underwhelming. I am tired today, so I prepared myself a second latte.

by Anonymousreply 54November 14, 2018 7:05 PM

I ate lunch at Panera. One Green Goddess salad with chicken per day would be just dandy.

by Anonymousreply 55November 14, 2018 7:16 PM

I ate a kilo of sold food yesterday but I excreted two kilos of solid waste today.

by Anonymousreply 56November 14, 2018 11:09 PM

I fell asleep to “Homicide Hunter” and had weird dreams. I’ll turn it off before I try to get to sleep again.

by Anonymousreply 57November 15, 2018 6:33 AM

Heated my muffin in the microwave this morning then let it sit too long so it got tough and chewy. Had a new brand of orange juice ("More pulp").

by Anonymousreply 58November 15, 2018 11:05 AM

Perhaps you should have rented the food r56.

by Anonymousreply 59November 15, 2018 12:08 PM

Just checking work email even though I am “off.” Hate that we are always expected to be working. :(

by Anonymousreply 60November 15, 2018 12:31 PM

Out into the world today to grocery shop and buy advent calendars at Trader Joe's. Did I mention I have to stop at the bank?

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2018 12:27 PM

I tried to listen to the Pink Floyd Division Bell album on YT but couldn't get more than 30 seconds past each song before skipping on to the next track save for the final two songs. It's excruciatingly new agey dull. The final song High Hopes is alright and Lost for Words before it sounds old and familiar but holds no meaning for me. I bought this CD when it first came out and now remember how much it sucks.

by Anonymousreply 62November 22, 2018 3:40 AM

My boss ordered in lunch. She got a poke bowl and I got ramen.

by Anonymousreply 63November 22, 2018 4:10 AM

Saw a movie today.

by Anonymousreply 64November 22, 2018 10:23 PM

Don't even ask me the last time I played foose ball.

by Anonymousreply 65November 26, 2018 11:25 PM

I accidentally clicked on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 66November 26, 2018 11:35 PM

I think I can do one more day of Thanksgiving leftovers, but only because we celebrated on Saturday, not Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 67November 27, 2018 12:01 AM

I wanted to buy a powered mop because arthritis. Last night I saw one on Target. It was after midnight and I said, “I’ll see if it’s less money in the morning.” Well, it was an extra 15% off this morning. So I looked on other sites to price compare. Amazon, Kohl’s, Shopko...I checked about a dozen sites.

Turns out target had the best price, so I put it in my cart and....it’s sold out

by Anonymousreply 68November 27, 2018 1:26 AM

Just bought an electric kettle on Amazon, couldn’t decide between stainless steel and glass, decided on the glass. Presently both my ears are ringing for no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 69November 27, 2018 1:45 AM

I'm in need of stamps. I'm saving the cardinal ones for my Christmas cards.

by Anonymousreply 70November 27, 2018 2:02 AM

Am I fat if I'm nearly 200 pounds?

by Anonymousreply 71November 27, 2018 2:06 AM

The only time my butt itches is when I’m trying to fall asleep. No, I don’t have worms!

by Anonymousreply 72November 27, 2018 2:11 AM

I have way more than enough crushed red pepper on hand.

by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2018 4:26 AM

I have too much paprika. Is that the same thing r73?

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2018 5:22 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't be r74.

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2018 5:39 AM

I cleaned my home’s gutters yesterday. A dirty messy job.

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2018 5:52 AM

How tall and fit are you r71? If you’re 5’3 and have never been to the gym, you definitely have a weight problem.

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2018 6:47 AM

It’s snowing. I don’t want to go out but I have to.

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2018 7:00 AM

I'm out of weed and thought I saw a bud flake on my carpet. So I smoked it but it didn't taste like weed. Now I have a big headache.

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2018 7:04 AM

I got a harness for my cat today. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to get it on her. I don't know why someone doesn't just make a full body Velcro suit like one of those carpal tunnel braces that you can wrap them in and they can't wriggle out of. I suggested this to the girl at Petsmart and she looked at me with bovine incomprehension. I guess that's why she's working at Petsmart and not commanding the 7th Fleet.

by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2018 7:07 AM

I'm eating yogurt-coated almonds. They're delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2018 7:30 AM

I have indigestion and can’t sleep. Hi, DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2018 9:19 AM

Try peppermint tea r82. It’s great for indigestion. Unless it’s heartburn, the definitely don’t have peppermint tea.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2018 10:08 AM

I put my xmas tree up today. Bought it from Aldi 2 years ago. I'm in Australia and don't see the point in cutting down a young pine tree just for it to dry out before the 25th of December, seems cruel and wasteful. I'm enjoying the ambience of the xmas lights.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2018 10:58 AM

Agree with you about the tree. In other news, I used a new bar of soap in the shower this morning.

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2018 12:07 PM

What brand R85? I like Dove.

by Anonymousreply 86December 2, 2018 2:20 AM

I have a lot of fusilli (corkscrew) pasta on hand. I'd like to keep it that way.

by Anonymousreply 87December 2, 2018 3:15 AM

Some dill weed just replied to a YT reply I made to a vid recording of the Styx song The Grand Illusion so I gave a polite response and they shortly gave a reply that pissed me off.Here's the convo.

Kevin Callaghan 9 months ago love styx, sadly so many prog nerds are so anal but this music will stand the test of time and it has, GEEZ what is it 40+ years Jerry Riddle 4 months ago Kevin Callaghan whoever said there was a set standard on how prog rock is supposed to sound? That’s the main reason why I love it so much: there is no predetermined way to make the song sound good, plus, every band has their own unique sound come from it 1 Flakeway << *my reply 1 month ago I get ya. I'm a little surprised this song hasn't been usurped yet for some "blah blah brought me here" shit yet.

CC <

Flakeway <

[block head response] CC:

54 minutes ago Flakeway styx weren’t exactly unknown in their time, they were pretty big, as far as I know.

Flakeway 1 second ago CC, I'm 56 years old. You sound dumb.

by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2018 4:34 AM

R88 here. The formatting above failed big time. This part got cut out of my copy/paste above.

CC 3 hours ago Flakeway that 70’s show brought me here

me/ Flakeway: @CC That's cool. For whatever reason I've been enjoying The 70s show reruns suddenly whereas never was much of a fan during the original run. As side note though, reading through endless such and such brought me here comments does bugs me even though I'm always very pleased when a younger crowd gets exposure to lesser known oldies.

Then CC says: Flakeway styx weren’t exactly unknown in their time, they were pretty big, as far as I know.

Then I said

Flakeway 1 second ago CC, I'm 56 years old. You sound dumb.

by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2018 4:50 AM

I feel the same way about penne pasta r87, even though I dont eat a lot of it. It’s a back up option to everything else.

by Anonymousreply 90December 2, 2018 5:13 AM

I will remove my window air conditioner today from its window to clean it out. Cleaning the front and rear fins to ensure good air flow greatly improves efficiency and cooling capacity. I do this once a year. This AC is 21 years old.

by Anonymousreply 91December 2, 2018 7:02 AM

I an craving bananas again.

by Anonymousreply 92December 4, 2018 9:24 PM

I watched an old Alfred Hitchcock Presents the other night & Darryl Hickman was in it. I vaguely remembered him from TV reruns when I was a kid. - he was cute and was the brother of Dwayne “Dobie Gillis” Hickman. I looked him up on IMDb and he is 87 years old.

by Anonymousreply 93December 5, 2018 4:00 AM

I upped my Melatonin dose to 15 mg per night.

by Anonymousreply 94December 5, 2018 4:02 AM

I have to turn on my side, but my cat is resting on my arm and I hate to disrupt her.

by Anonymousreply 95December 5, 2018 4:15 AM

There was a big ugly opossum in my front yard last night and he drank all the water I put out for the birds, which usually lasts a couple of days

by Anonymousreply 96December 5, 2018 11:03 PM

[quote]I got a harness for my cat today.

Why, r80?

by Anonymousreply 97December 5, 2018 11:07 PM

I ate leftover lentils twice today.

by Anonymousreply 98December 5, 2018 11:09 PM

I am listening to a live, streamed saxophone quartet.

by Anonymousreply 99December 5, 2018 11:11 PM

I just put new toilet paper on the toilet paper holder.

by Anonymousreply 100December 5, 2018 11:28 PM

Do they still make the old fashioned Listerine that tastes like burning piss?

by Anonymousreply 101December 6, 2018 1:58 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 102December 6, 2018 2:24 AM

R86, Lever original scent.

by Anonymousreply 103December 6, 2018 2:25 AM

My pug is trying to rub his eye boogers onto my knee

Gross, I know - but for some reason I allow it.

by Anonymousreply 104December 6, 2018 2:27 AM

It's a Wednesday night. I can't wait until Thursday morning.

by Anonymousreply 105December 6, 2018 2:30 AM

I got a flu shot yesterday and now my arm is killing me

by Anonymousreply 106December 6, 2018 6:57 AM

I can’t sleep through the night anymore. I’m talking like two-hour chunks. Part is back pain, part is insomnia, part is anxiety. Also, I hate Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 107December 6, 2018 8:31 AM

Sitting at my desk at work eating spaghetti bolognaise. Should be working.

by Anonymousreply 108December 6, 2018 8:37 AM

My P.O. box had a flyer in it, with no postage.

by Anonymousreply 109December 6, 2018 8:43 AM

I bought another string of Christmas lights, but forgot to put them up. Now with Christmas only 19 days away, it doesn't seem worth the effort.

by Anonymousreply 110December 6, 2018 8:44 AM

R107, same on all accounts. I just woke up in the middle of the night to make a bowl of cereal.

by Anonymousreply 111December 6, 2018 8:50 AM

It's really cold here. I might stay in the house all day. But I need orange juice. Dilemma.

by Anonymousreply 112December 6, 2018 11:41 AM

Bought a flannel shirt at Walmart yesterday for $7. I really like it, the flannel's thin, naturally, which is just what I was looking for.

by Anonymousreply 113December 6, 2018 11:42 AM

Brrr.

I turn my heat completely off at night in wintertime and this morning it was 59˚ in my house.

However, I keep my bedroom heated with an oil-filled space heater. It was 66˚ in there, my perfect sleeping temp.

by Anonymousreply 114December 6, 2018 11:55 AM

I'm about to make a cheap, store-brand k-cup of coffee and boil a pot of oatmeal to start my day. Same shit, different day.

by Anonymousreply 115December 6, 2018 12:08 PM

R114, your post makes me cold although my heating bill is jealous.

by Anonymousreply 116December 6, 2018 1:06 PM

There's a thin layer of snow outside. Damn. I didn't want to have to drive in it today.

by Anonymousreply 117December 6, 2018 1:55 PM

Here y'all go, read this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 6, 2018 2:04 PM

Thanks for posting, R118. Does his theory still apply even though it's almost a decade old?

by Anonymousreply 119December 6, 2018 4:09 PM

Heat loss is heat loss. Laws of thermodynamics have not changed.

by Anonymousreply 120December 6, 2018 8:52 PM

Yesterday afternoon I ran across a reference to Aurochs, pre-historic ancestors of modern cows and possibly bison. I had never heard of them before. But since then I have seen THREE more references to them!

by Anonymousreply 121December 6, 2018 9:32 PM

That’s a definite “plate of shrimp” moment, r121

by Anonymousreply 122December 6, 2018 10:23 PM

2018 has been close to the worst year of my life. I can’t wait for it to end.

by Anonymousreply 123December 8, 2018 8:20 AM

I was eating sweet potato mash, and it had threads in it because the sweet potatoes were fibrous and stringy. It made eating it difficult, but I couldn’t be bothered to get off the couch to find something else.

by Anonymousreply 124December 8, 2018 9:08 AM

I’m sick. Stayed in bed yesterday, but I have to finish Christmas preparations today, and I still feel like crap.

by Anonymousreply 125December 8, 2018 10:56 AM

I shall be grateful all month long that I have no "Christmas preparations."

by Anonymousreply 126December 8, 2018 11:04 AM

I attended a party last nite and was allergic to the host's fir tree. My eyes got itchy and I kept sneezing. My eyes still burn a bit this morn.

by Anonymousreply 127December 8, 2018 11:09 AM

Also, I bought a jarred Yankee candle in christmas cookie. I felt lightly ashamed, but it smells quite fine.

by Anonymousreply 128December 8, 2018 11:10 AM

I wanted to have marmite ontoast for breakfasyt. I made the toast, but then discovered I have no marmite.

by Anonymousreply 129December 8, 2018 11:11 AM

If that smells "fine" to you, r128, you are correct in feeling ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 130December 8, 2018 11:13 AM

I got to the mall early today and left around 11.45am. There was a cars lined up to get into the car park. If you have a choice in December why would you arrive just before lunch, at this time of year, to do your Xmas shopping? Aren’t you asking for misery? I was so glad to be leaving.

by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2018 11:15 AM

Is that the 'mall' or the 'shopping centre' r131? I was thinking about the American posters still tucked up in bed while we are getting on with the humdrum and mundane aspects of our lives.

by Anonymousreply 132December 8, 2018 11:30 AM

I was disappointed in my black bed skirt, so I've ordered a new black bed skirt.

by Anonymousreply 133December 8, 2018 5:40 PM

I contemplated getting Blue Bell Christmas Cookies Ice Cream at grocery story yesterday but decided against it. Today I regret that decision.

by Anonymousreply 134December 8, 2018 5:53 PM

Yesterday, I easily ate a whole container of Haagen Dazs vanilla Swiss almond ice cream. Total calories: 1015. I decided it simply isn't worth it, satisfaction-wise. I'll never do that again.

by Anonymousreply 135December 8, 2018 7:14 PM

[quote]I was disappointed in my black bed skirt, so I've ordered a new black bed skirt.

I would have just bleached the first one, dyed it red and thrown it out the window.

by Anonymousreply 136December 8, 2018 8:04 PM

R136 I completely snorted all over my computer monitor. Damn, that was wonderful. Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 137December 8, 2018 8:15 PM

R134 I am currently on my way to get Blue Bell Christmas Cookies ice cream. Will sprinkle broken sugar cookie pop-tart pieces over it.

by Anonymousreply 138December 8, 2018 9:09 PM

I'm jealous r138 and I like your added touch of the pop tart.

by Anonymousreply 139December 8, 2018 9:12 PM

I should be doing laundry but instead I'm eating Christmas cookies in my underwear and reading DL.

by Anonymousreply 140December 8, 2018 9:25 PM

It’s a miserable, blowy, rainy, raw day here. Been raining All Day! I hate days like this. Flash flood warnings too.

Low 40s.

by Anonymousreply 141December 8, 2018 9:30 PM

I just ate an entire container of pimento cheese.

by Anonymousreply 142December 8, 2018 9:31 PM

You have christmas cookies in your underwear r140?

by Anonymousreply 143December 8, 2018 11:25 PM

Today, I finally swept up the dust balls and food crumbs that were gathering around on the floor of my coffee table. Then, after I finished that, I realized the dishes were piling up in my sink. When will it all end. I can't take it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 144December 8, 2018 11:31 PM

It's supposed to snow tomorrow so everybody's in a panic running after the breadandtoiletpaper. Bought some Edy's mint chocolate chip ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 145December 9, 2018 12:15 AM

I just realised it might rain. I have clothes in the line. (Don’t freak out LA people, clothes lines are normal in this country) I better go get them or what I’m planning to wear to work tomorrow may be wet. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 146December 9, 2018 12:23 AM

R146, not trying to be a douche here, but I was interested that you said you have clothes IN the line. Is that the expression where you live? Just curious because I grew up in Baltimore and we'd say clothes ON the line.

by Anonymousreply 147December 9, 2018 12:25 AM

Fair question r147. It was a typo. On the line is correct here too.

by Anonymousreply 148December 9, 2018 12:27 AM

r135, clearly you were [italic]over[/italic]whelmed.

by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2018 4:10 AM

It's going to snow tomorrow so I get to stay inside all day with a valid excuse. Hope I don't cause undue excitement when I say yippee.

by Anonymousreply 150December 9, 2018 4:25 AM

I went to Big Lots to buy a 2019 calendars. I got an Elvis pictures calendar for me and one with colorful cartoonish garden vegetables in black backgrounds that's kinda cute for my aunt that I liked and think she'll like. I wish they had a better selection though. There wasn't much to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 151December 9, 2018 6:05 AM

Watching he’s just not that into you *guilty pleasure* my dog is on his back with balls in the air. I think I may take the LIRR to glen cove - so many delicious little Peruvian spots like La Vicharra.

by Anonymousreply 152December 9, 2018 4:37 PM

[quote] I went to Big Lots to buy a 2019 calendars

That is the saddest thing I have ever read.

by Anonymousreply 153December 9, 2018 9:19 PM

I made butternut squash soup from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 154December 9, 2018 9:37 PM

I just came back from a restaurant where my family would go to before my aunt died in May. I cried a little and had to move to a table not facing the table we all sat.

by Anonymousreply 155December 10, 2018 1:46 AM

It snowed here and everything's closed today. Yay.

by Anonymousreply 156December 10, 2018 10:12 AM

I've got a cut on the side of my big toe. It hurts when I rub it against the next toe. Not sure how I got it. I like to walk barefoot around my house and yard.

by Anonymousreply 157December 10, 2018 10:15 AM

I had a massage earlier. The masseuse didn’t press hard enough. I may as well not have bothered,

by Anonymousreply 158December 10, 2018 10:28 AM

Have you treated it, R157? Alcohol wipe, Neosporin, Band Aid. Tread lightly.

Washed my hair today.

by Anonymousreply 159December 10, 2018 11:50 AM

I just hung a load of laundry on my clothesline outside. It's 34˚. It will be dry my mid-afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 160December 10, 2018 12:17 PM

No I haven't R159. But your concern is very kind, thank you.

Unrelated, I can hear a fox barking outside.

by Anonymousreply 161December 10, 2018 12:34 PM

R160, won't it freeze?

by Anonymousreply 162December 10, 2018 1:00 PM

Uh, water freezes at 32˚, r162.

No my laundry won't freeze. The high today will be in the mid-40˚s.

by Anonymousreply 163December 10, 2018 1:04 PM

I'm too lazy to post this in the Pants Up, Cocks Out thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 10, 2018 4:49 PM

I microwaved a pot pie for lunch. It mostly micro'd without entirely waving.

by Anonymousreply 165December 10, 2018 5:04 PM

[quote] 2018 has been close to the worst year of my life. I can’t wait for it to end.

Be careful what you wish for. It can, and most probably will, get worse.

by Anonymousreply 166December 10, 2018 5:27 PM

[quote]2018 has been close to the worst year of my life. I can’t wait for it to end.

I wonder if I typed this. Ignore-dar says no.

by Anonymousreply 167December 10, 2018 5:31 PM

I learned to stop saying, “I can’t wait for this year to end” back in 2000, when the GOP stole the election and started two pointless wars. It gets worse....

by Anonymousreply 168December 10, 2018 5:38 PM

Laundry's dry.

by Anonymousreply 169December 10, 2018 7:41 PM

I almost bought men’s socks in a grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 170December 11, 2018 12:19 AM

I buy a lot of my socks in grocery stores. They have a high cotton content.

by Anonymousreply 171December 11, 2018 12:22 AM

R165, I giggled at your post.

That was enough excitement for today, but thanks.

by Anonymousreply 172December 11, 2018 12:23 AM

I read R160’s post as °Celsius. It’s been about 32-43°C here, so I’ve been in my underpants with the aircon on blast, eating summer fruits and wishing I’d asked my husband to buy beer on the way home. I trimmed my toenails, and I’m watching the [italic]Real[/italic] (honey, [italic]please[/italic]) Housewives of Atlanta (and wishing that Porsha’s parents had just left a wet patch)

by Anonymousreply 173December 11, 2018 2:00 PM

[bold]NOT[/bold] 43°C here. Typo.

by Anonymousreply 174December 11, 2018 2:02 PM

Today I bought an amaryllis to grow in a sunny window this winter. The box it came in says my bulb was grown in Israel. Came with a glass decanter and some rounded pebbles for the amaryllis to rest upon. It's variety is "Minerva," see link.

Beauty, hunh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175December 11, 2018 9:56 PM

That is pretty, R175. What did you have for lunch today?

by Anonymousreply 176December 11, 2018 10:10 PM

The groceries are supposed to be delivered between exactly now and 10pm. I think I will jerk off while I wait for them.

by Anonymousreply 177December 12, 2018 12:00 AM

A woman named Diamond brought my groceries & put them away & cooked some eggs and I feel nice now.

by Anonymousreply 178December 12, 2018 1:24 AM

She sounds like a real gem R178.

by Anonymousreply 179December 12, 2018 1:27 AM

I had a meeting and stopped to buy milk on my way home.

by Anonymousreply 180December 12, 2018 1:28 AM

Trying to find a cheap sweater on amazon is as hard as trying to find one on foot.

by Anonymousreply 181December 12, 2018 1:40 AM

My dr prescribed me a prednisone pack. I’m on my first day and shaking like a leaf.

by Anonymousreply 182December 12, 2018 1:57 AM

Some people call me the Space Cowboy, some call me the Gangster of Love. But it doesn't matter because I never respond unless someone calls me Ray Jay.

by Anonymousreply 183December 12, 2018 2:00 AM

[quote]Trying to find a cheap sweater on amazon is as hard as trying to find one on foot.

landsend.com?

by Anonymousreply 184December 12, 2018 6:21 AM

I baked a cak tonight and it turned out pretty good. Chocolate cake with vanilla icing. It’s real moist and fluffy.

by Anonymousreply 185December 12, 2018 6:22 AM

"Light and fluffy" is a highly overrated ideal in cake texture. I prefer something slightly dry. And I only want a tiny bit of frosting. Or none at all.

by Anonymousreply 186December 12, 2018 6:24 AM

It's not very nice to make contrary remarks to another's underwhelming post.

by Anonymousreply 187December 12, 2018 6:35 AM

Then why'd you do it?

by Anonymousreply 188December 12, 2018 6:38 AM

"I can't decide whether to nap now or in ten minutes."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 12, 2018 6:49 AM

I am trying to keep my house clean for once, after my house inspection last week. I just did 10 mins of tidying. I hated it. It is hard to do things you don't want to on what you have mentally designated as your down time. I do not feel built for order and organisation.

by Anonymousreply 190December 12, 2018 6:57 AM

There was a dust bunny on my nightstand. I blew it onto the floor.

by Anonymousreply 191December 12, 2018 7:00 AM

I'm depressed. Everything is an effort. But I'm enjoying the cool breeze outside right now on my bare legs.

by Anonymousreply 192December 12, 2018 7:55 AM

That was cute, R189, but a bit jarring to have different media introduced into this thread. I'm going to go lie down until the angst wears off.

by Anonymousreply 193December 12, 2018 11:28 AM

Where are you, R192? The cool breeze in my neighborhood is 40mph snow gusts.

by Anonymousreply 194December 12, 2018 11:28 AM

I finally watched my 'The Wife' screener.

by Anonymousreply 195December 12, 2018 11:31 AM

Kind of a letdown, eh M?

by Anonymousreply 196December 12, 2018 11:37 AM

I haven’t had caffeine in years but am craving a Pepsi. I think I will have one at lunch.

by Anonymousreply 197December 12, 2018 2:24 PM

Australia R194

by Anonymousreply 198December 12, 2018 10:36 PM

Right now I'm eating Cornflakes and watching The Great Interior Design Challenge on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 199December 12, 2018 10:37 PM

I am sitting in my easy chair waiting for delivery of an eBay purchase.

Scheduled for tomorrow.

Won't be long now!

by Anonymousreply 200December 12, 2018 11:13 PM

I’m in Australia too r198, and although it’s not cold it is raining where I am. It’s good because I’ve been slack and my roses needed the water but it wasn’t good when I left for work and it poured just as I arrived I walked out my front gate.

by Anonymousreply 201December 13, 2018 1:00 AM

I have something coming from eBay tomorrow, and something else, too.

by Anonymousreply 202December 13, 2018 1:42 AM

I trimmed my beard today. Used my Flowbee.

by Anonymousreply 203December 13, 2018 1:52 AM

I'm in Victoria R201, rained most of the day here too. Good for the veggie garden!

by Anonymousreply 204December 13, 2018 6:49 AM

Well I’ve positioned my umbrella near the front door for tomorrow so Im not unprepared in the case of another down pour. That was enough excitement for one day.

by Anonymousreply 205December 13, 2018 8:47 AM

R197, I was awake most of the night wondering if you had that Pepsi and if so, how was it?

by Anonymousreply 206December 13, 2018 10:11 AM

Australia's next Prime Minister. You can't get any more underwhelmed than that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207December 13, 2018 11:33 AM

I have an ulcer on the end of my tongue.

by Anonymousreply 208December 13, 2018 12:26 PM

^^ Licking doorknobs again?

by Anonymousreply 209December 13, 2018 5:05 PM

R208, I get mouth ulcers. Have you tried Kanka Mouth Pain Liquid? Most helpful. Got it at the pharmacy section of my grocery store.

Giving advice is exhausting. Time for a nap.

by Anonymousreply 210December 13, 2018 6:04 PM

I have the room heater on in my bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 211December 13, 2018 11:45 PM

[quote]Have you tried Kanka Mouth Pain Liquid? Most helpful. Got it at the pharmacy section of my grocery store.

I wonder whether it would work on this spot where I keep biting my lip.

by Anonymousreply 212December 14, 2018 6:57 AM

I had a really big salad. Since it was just salad I thought I’d eat it all so that I wouldn’t feel hungry later, but now I feel sick. Who knew salad could be so filling.

by Anonymousreply 213December 14, 2018 10:25 AM

I’ve been awake since 2:30 am.

by Anonymousreply 214December 14, 2018 10:34 AM

R212, I think it will.

by Anonymousreply 215December 14, 2018 10:52 AM

R214, still awake?

I had banana on my Trader Joe's bran flakes this morning.

by Anonymousreply 216December 14, 2018 10:53 AM

I've not tried that R210 but thank you for the tip. I always use Bonjela teething gel. Mainly because I like the taste lol. I only get ulcers when I'm really rundown. Time to start treating my body a bit better. Get more sleep. Exercise. Eat right. All the thing as you don't do well when you're in a depressive slump.

by Anonymousreply 217December 14, 2018 1:05 PM

I tend to develop mouth ulcers occasionally when I eat or drink too much acidic fruit.

by Anonymousreply 218December 14, 2018 1:09 PM

It's supposed to rain this afternoon. And it's cold. Good excuse to sit in bed and read and fart around on the computer.

by Anonymousreply 219December 14, 2018 5:12 PM

Your farted on computer whelms me r219.

by Anonymousreply 220December 14, 2018 5:27 PM

Today I met a friend for lunch at a Greek restaurant. I had the spanakopita. So-so.

by Anonymousreply 221December 14, 2018 6:40 PM

Did you get calimari as an appetizer, R221?

by Anonymousreply 222December 14, 2018 7:46 PM

r222 - Δεν

by Anonymousreply 223December 14, 2018 8:09 PM

I started watching the series Bad Blood. It’s like they wanted to make The Sopranos go to Canada. But it’s nowhere near as good. I’ll still watch to the end. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 224December 15, 2018 8:28 AM

I'm drinking my first cup of Major Dickason's. Just opened a new bag yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 225December 15, 2018 10:04 AM

What’s Major Dickasons r225?

by Anonymousreply 226December 15, 2018 11:01 AM

Major Dickason's is a dark roast coffee from Peet's. I buy it at the supermarket, where it is $6.99 for 10 oz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 15, 2018 11:04 AM

Ahh I should have known. I use pods. The machine came as a set with my new bf so that’s what I use now.

by Anonymousreply 228December 15, 2018 11:11 AM

Haven't eaten breakfast yet so I'm thinking cereal vs Wolfermann's muffin. Too much mental overload.

by Anonymousreply 229December 15, 2018 11:34 AM

Went with the cereal. Trader Joe's bran flakes. Blueberries. Now I can relax until the lunch decision rears its ugly snout.

by Anonymousreply 230December 15, 2018 12:09 PM

r228 You can get "pods" of Major Dickason's, but I'll let you do your own googling.

by Anonymousreply 231December 15, 2018 12:25 PM

I just spent 45 minutes trying to catch sight of comet 46P/ Wirtanen under the Australian sky. It was too cloudy. I couldn't spot it.

by Anonymousreply 232December 15, 2018 2:06 PM

Watching Trisha Yearwood's and the Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond's cooking shows on Saturday morning is perfectly underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 233December 15, 2018 2:06 PM

Wondering which dessert I should make to bring for Christmas lunch with my cunty, ignorant, uneducated, right wad, mean and meagre in-laws (and if I should spit in it)

by Anonymousreply 234December 15, 2018 4:58 PM

*tight wad.

by Anonymousreply 235December 15, 2018 4:59 PM

R234, I would just buy something (from a supermarket). I don't think I'd want to bake/cook for people I disliked. Don't spit in it. Bad karma.

by Anonymousreply 236December 15, 2018 5:54 PM

r234 Something chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 237December 15, 2018 5:57 PM

R207 Has this one learned to swim properly?

by Anonymousreply 238December 15, 2018 6:00 PM

I have a gift to wrap. It's for the ex.

by Anonymousreply 239December 15, 2018 6:01 PM

Why have you bought your ex a gift r239?

by Anonymousreply 240December 15, 2018 6:43 PM

I need to trim my nails.

by Anonymousreply 241December 15, 2018 7:18 PM

I've fantasized many times about licking a HOT GUY'S ass but I've never done it.

by Anonymousreply 242December 15, 2018 7:41 PM

I'm not going to a movie tonight. We are going out for pizza instead.

by Anonymousreply 243December 15, 2018 7:55 PM

We couldn't decide between Mary, Queen of Scots and The Favourite, so now we are seeing neither.

by Anonymousreply 244December 16, 2018 12:20 AM

Factoid: In !991, black was in fact both the old and new black.

by Anonymousreply 245December 16, 2018 4:39 AM

Tried to vacuum but there was no suction. Found a clog in the hose and cleared it out. Now it works again. Too bad. I really wanted a new vacuum for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 246December 16, 2018 5:16 AM

Going to see The Favourite today. My eye hurts. (No correlation between these two facts.)

by Anonymousreply 247December 16, 2018 11:31 AM

I need to trim the fur on my dog's butt today.

by Anonymousreply 248December 16, 2018 12:35 PM

I hope you have a dog holder, r248.

by Anonymousreply 249December 16, 2018 12:36 PM

I just had sex with the love of my life.

by Anonymousreply 250December 16, 2018 12:49 PM

I just woke up and I’m now going back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 251December 16, 2018 12:50 PM

Not [italic]under[/italic]whelming, R250. Good for you.

by Anonymousreply 252December 16, 2018 12:51 PM

R252 maybe the sex for r250 WAS underwhelming despite being with the love of their life.

by Anonymousreply 253December 16, 2018 6:04 PM

You may be right, r253. That would be underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 254December 16, 2018 6:59 PM

I was disappointed, dare I say underwhelmed, by The Favourite. It's a witty script and the performances are good but has no emotional content. Gorgeous though.

My anus itches.

by Anonymousreply 255December 17, 2018 12:11 AM

I’m expecting a parcel. It hasn’t arrived. I can’t be bothered chasing it up but will have to. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 256December 17, 2018 1:58 AM

R256 perhaps while you wait you could scratch r255's anus?

by Anonymousreply 257December 17, 2018 11:47 AM

Watch the film Roma.

by Anonymousreply 258December 17, 2018 11:53 AM

R236 - it’s all a big Test courtesy of the Grand Contessa of Cuntiness - my mother in law. She plays these passive aggressive games. I can’t win. Last year I bought a large cheesecake from The Cheesecake Shop, after she finally agreed to let me bring something. Previous years, I’d ask ‘what may I bring?’ to which she would reply ‘Nothing’. However, I [italic]knew[/italic] that [italic]if[/italic] I didn’t, and turned up empty handed, it would be bitched about mercilessly. So, I’d bring food, drinks, special chocolates (which would be immediately hidden inside the cupboard, and never brought out for us to share). Anyway, the fact that I [italic]bought[/italic] a pre-made dessert, was apparently lazy and indicative that I was too caught up in my career, and a bad ‘wife’ (lol) You cannot get more insular, nor homophobic than my in-laws, bless their black, turgid souls.

by Anonymousreply 259December 17, 2018 12:41 PM

R237 - bless you Minnie. I did consider a nice chocolate ganache tart made with an ample amount of chocolate laxettes!

by Anonymousreply 260December 17, 2018 12:42 PM

Before the rain comes in the afternoon, I think I'll mulch the leaves in my front yard tomorrow morning with my lawnmower.

by Anonymousreply 261December 18, 2018 10:31 PM

I replaced a roll of Quilted Northern (Ultra Plush) toilet tissue on the dispenser, the kind with a retractable spring in it that sometimes ejects from the holder like a projectile of its own accord.

That didn't happen today.

by Anonymousreply 262December 18, 2018 10:52 PM

Lately I've been obsessed with a forgotten actor named Frank Converse. He was so good looking in the 1960's and especially in the 1970's with his- at times- giant mustache.

by Anonymousreply 263December 19, 2018 12:17 AM

I ate an entire bag of cookies because they were the Special Chocolate Mint version. They weren't even that good. I will never buy another.

by Anonymousreply 264December 19, 2018 12:43 AM

I walked my dog and gave her a small treat when we got back home. Now it's time to go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 265December 19, 2018 1:40 AM

When I bought gas, I didn't get a discount.

by Anonymousreply 266December 19, 2018 2:36 AM

I googled "Chambo movie Prime," and found nothing relating to our Chambo.

by Anonymousreply 267December 19, 2018 10:07 AM

There is a Chambo named David.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268December 19, 2018 10:12 AM

And a Mademoiselle Chambo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 19, 2018 10:13 AM

And a Chambo by Jordan Rivera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 19, 2018 10:13 AM

I've owned a total of 18 cars over the year. 15 out of 18 were bought used. The best car I've ever owned was a 1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr with automatic transmission.

by Anonymousreply 271December 19, 2018 2:48 PM

I've owned three cars over 41 years.

by Anonymousreply 272December 19, 2018 3:05 PM

R272- That's impressively few cars for 41 years!

by Anonymousreply 273December 19, 2018 3:08 PM

Very impressive indeed, r272. Care to share what they were?

by Anonymousreply 274December 19, 2018 3:53 PM

I've never driven a car in my life--and I grew up in New Jersey. Mommy and Daddy weren't going to let their Sonny-Jim have any autonomy in adolescence, if they could help it. So I grew accustomed to riding public transportation---and got more reading and work done over the decades than I ever would have behind a steering wheel.

by Anonymousreply 275December 19, 2018 5:54 PM

r274 -- Toyotas.

by Anonymousreply 276December 19, 2018 9:53 PM

Thank you for your post, R262. That's the kind of world news I want to read. Some of you are getting riled up with bouts of wildness. Simmer down.

by Anonymousreply 277December 20, 2018 12:11 AM

I was making chili today and the recipe said "simmer" which I thought meant "boil" and it ended up being soup.

by Anonymousreply 278December 20, 2018 12:13 AM

[quote] I've owned a total of 18 cars over the year. 15 out of 18 were bought used.

18 cars in one year = not getting your money’s worth.

by Anonymousreply 279December 20, 2018 12:16 AM

lol lol

by Anonymousreply 280December 20, 2018 12:26 AM

Good one, r279.

by Anonymousreply 281December 20, 2018 12:32 AM

I bought the last of the lamb shanks at the supermarket and they’re all tiny. By the time I slow cook them they’ll be nothing left.

by Anonymousreply 282December 20, 2018 12:41 AM

My left nostril keeps dripping mucus.

by Anonymousreply 283December 20, 2018 12:46 AM

I'm seeing "Aquaman" Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 284December 20, 2018 1:13 AM

What are you doing Saturday?

by Anonymousreply 285December 20, 2018 1:22 AM

Cleaning the house, r285. And wondering if I want to replace my wreath on the wall with white lights that work.

by Anonymousreply 286December 20, 2018 1:27 AM

Aren't you going to be exhausted from cleaning the house? Just leave the wreath.

by Anonymousreply 287December 20, 2018 1:29 AM

I have Friday off work. I'll get to one portion of the house Friday morning. I'll get to the other portion Sat.

Does everybody know by now that Pine -Sol changed the "original scent"? But yet, those chiseling rats still call it "original scent". It's not, as is obvious. The price of pine oil went up so they cut back on it.

That happened 10 or so years ago.

by Anonymousreply 288December 20, 2018 1:41 AM

What are you doing Friday afternoon? Have you done all your Christmas shopping yet?

by Anonymousreply 289December 20, 2018 1:44 AM

Pine Sol stinks now. Pine Sol stunk then.

by Anonymousreply 290December 20, 2018 1:45 AM

Uh huh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291December 20, 2018 1:49 AM

r289. Yes, except for food, I'm done shopping.

Oh! You've reminded me to take the Butterball Premium Turkey out of the freezer. It must be dry-brined.

by Anonymousreply 292December 20, 2018 1:51 AM

So what are you doing Friday afternoon?

by Anonymousreply 293December 20, 2018 1:52 AM

I don't know, r293. Look out my windows at the snow. And be on the DL.

What are you doing this weekend? What underwhelming thing is everybody here doing this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 294December 20, 2018 2:05 AM

lol, r291

by Anonymousreply 295December 20, 2018 2:06 AM

I'm going to the mall on Sunday but I won't buy anything.

by Anonymousreply 296December 20, 2018 2:10 AM

I got a stye in my eye, was placing a tea bag on it and scratched my eye with the paper. Now I've got to see the eye doctor.

by Anonymousreply 297December 20, 2018 2:12 AM

Whoa, R297, I've got a stye ALSO.

by Anonymousreply 298December 20, 2018 2:15 AM

Why are you going then, r296?

by Anonymousreply 299December 20, 2018 2:19 AM

Although I am introvert happiest in my own bed, I occasionally enjoy being out and about with others (assuming I don't know them). There'll be a lot of people there so I can feel part of a crowd without having to interact with anyone. Since I have nobody to buy gifts for I won't have to worry about that aspect and I can just enjoy the decorations and stare at people.

by Anonymousreply 300December 20, 2018 2:26 AM

I’m getting over pneumonia & I’m very tired

by Anonymousreply 301December 20, 2018 2:57 AM

Last night I brined a pork butt to smoke.

Today I was injecting it before taking it to the grill.

A whole peppercorn, used in the brine, dropped on the floor and rolled under the fridge.

So now I’ve got a peppercorn covered in pork bacteria nesting and egging under there.

by Anonymousreply 302December 20, 2018 3:38 AM

I went to the bank today and opened a savings account.

by Anonymousreply 303December 20, 2018 3:57 AM

I was cutting my toenails. A clipping flew across the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 304December 20, 2018 3:58 AM

R300 I’m like that too. Although I get overwhelmed if the crowd is too big.

by Anonymousreply 305December 20, 2018 4:00 AM

Same here R300. That's my people "fix"... then I'm happily back at home, satisfied for a while.

by Anonymousreply 306December 20, 2018 4:05 AM

I Googled my Grandmothers grave site and I realized she was not buried under her real last name. Then I found that her second husbands first wife committed suicide. I guess it wouldn't matter except gossip was that my grandmother was having an affair with her second husband. True or not? I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 307December 20, 2018 4:12 AM

It won't stop raining and I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 308December 20, 2018 4:15 AM

I just got a new HD 27" TV for only $120; hooked it up to my computer after having to go back to BestBuy to get an adapter ($30). I've never bought a TV before, just analog hand-me-downs for decades. It tried to get me connected to "smart" viewing (Hulu and other crap), but I disconnected that. Everything's so sparkly and bright! I can't wait to watch some porn!

by Anonymousreply 309December 20, 2018 4:15 AM

AAA towed my non-movable Chevy truck to the shop today after a long wait at the dangerous spot where I got stranded. It's either a $2 fuse that operates a tranny solenoid or it'll be a $3000 rebuild. Waiting for the verdict.

by Anonymousreply 310December 20, 2018 4:18 AM

My lava light blob formations are manifesting in a slower motion with unaccustomed shapes tonight.

by Anonymousreply 311December 20, 2018 5:27 AM

When did sheets of toilet paper become so small and practically transparent?

My ass isn't getting any smaller.

by Anonymousreply 312December 20, 2018 5:50 AM

Venus is spectacular at this time of year. Look to the southeast at 4am and there she is. The first time I saw her I was sure she was a plane because the light was very bright and yellow. Kind of freaked me out that the "plane" was standing still in the sky!

I opened my window and was looking at her just a few minutes ago and there is total silence outside. No leaves rustling, no deer moving around in the darkest part of the yard, no owls calling, no dogs barking. Nothing. Not a sound. I've never heard such quiet before.

by Anonymousreply 313December 20, 2018 8:13 AM

It's supposed to start raining this afternoon so I'll go out this morning to get a bag of brussel sprouts.

by Anonymousreply 314December 20, 2018 10:26 AM

Don't overdo it R314. Brussel sprouts are my favourite vegetable. When I'm feeling decadent I like to saute them with garlic, onion, bacon, pine nuts and a good drizzling of olive oil.

by Anonymousreply 315December 20, 2018 10:34 AM

That's not decadent, r315. It's the bare minimum for rendering them edible. I'd add a healthy shake of vinegar as well, and maybe a grating of one of the P-R cheeses, and a moment under the broiler. I roast them, myself.

by Anonymousreply 316December 20, 2018 10:40 AM

Learn something today: it’s “brussels sprouts.” Note the “s” on Brussels..

by Anonymousreply 317December 20, 2018 10:46 AM

Thanks, R317! I knew that wasn't the correct spelling but finding the correct spelling struck me as overwhelming.

Thanks also for recipe recommendations. I cook in a toaster oven, will that work?

by Anonymousreply 318December 20, 2018 10:52 AM

I'm noticing I get particularly heavy Christmas email from places where I've made purchases in the past: Simple Human, Replacements, Ltd., Penzey's.

by Anonymousreply 319December 20, 2018 10:53 AM

Now I'm overwhelmed. And embarrassed. I've been saying it wrong for a long time evidently.

by Anonymousreply 320December 20, 2018 10:53 AM

How do you say it? And what is it you're saying?

by Anonymousreply 321December 20, 2018 10:54 AM

Well, you still have the "S" that starts "sprouts," r320, so I doubt anyone noticed when you were saying it. Writing it, that's another story. I have no idea about the toaster oven. I imagine it would be better if you don't crowd them.

by Anonymousreply 322December 20, 2018 10:55 AM

R319, what do you replace?

by Anonymousreply 323December 20, 2018 10:55 AM

Replacements.com is a place where you can buy old dishes. I have added to my collection of Metlox Colorstax over the years, and replacements.com is a great resource. It's better to get them on the phone and let them know what your requirements are as far as condition goes. If you just order online, they may send you any old plate. I've had to return things at least three times because they weren't in good enough condition.

by Anonymousreply 324December 20, 2018 10:59 AM

R324, I was not familiar with Metlox Colorstax so I exerted some energy and looked them up. To my untrained eye they resemble Fiestaware, although the colors are not as vivid. Do you collect one particular color?

by Anonymousreply 325December 20, 2018 11:02 AM

R322, thanks for advice. I will try and give my sprouts a lot of breathing room. They will be tiny green islands, kingdoms unto themselves, steeled against potential invasion from a neighboring sprout.

by Anonymousreply 326December 20, 2018 11:04 AM

r325 They do resemble Fiestaware in that there are numerous solid colors available. However, Fiesta is far more popular. Metlox started making Colorstax in 1978. At that time, Homer Laughlin had ceased production on Fiesta for 5 or 6 years, so into that vacuum they strode. They happened to catch me right at my first dish-buying era, between 1979-81. My first set was Rose. They were very fussy, and chipped in the dishwasher like mad.

Fiesta production started again in 1986. Bloomingdale's convinced Homer Laughlin to make them again so the yuppies could buy them. They've been tremendously successful. I think they're about to release their 45th different color of what is called either "Contemporary" or "Post-'86" Fiestaware next month. Metlox, OTOH, went out of business in 1988 or '89, I believe.

When I could no longer stand looking at my chipped Rose Colorstax, I bought new Fiestaware in Turquoise, sometime in the '90s.

Then the internet happened. I was able to find Colorstax again on eBay without paying Replacements, Ltd.'s prices. I bought a ton in different shades of blue and green. I've maintained a collection of each ever since. I still have my Turquoise Fiestaware, which is much sturdier than the Colorstax, which often breaks in shipping.

I can't stand white dinnerware.

by Anonymousreply 327December 20, 2018 11:14 AM

Replacements.com sent me a link while I was typing r327.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328December 20, 2018 11:21 AM

Thanks for a most informative post, R327. I'm partial to Wedgwood Chinese Tigers (green) and recently scored a tureen for $50 at an estate sale. Collecting dishes is fun, nice to meet a fellow chinaphile.

by Anonymousreply 329December 20, 2018 11:36 AM

I've seen the original Pine Sol factory. Wish you could be me, hunh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330December 20, 2018 11:38 AM

R329 I just say "dish queen," but I like "chinaphile."

Do you have a copy of DISH, by Shax Riegler?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331December 20, 2018 11:45 AM

No, should I get it?

by Anonymousreply 332December 20, 2018 11:56 AM

Oh, it's a nice book, r332. Yes, you should get it, if dishes are something you truly love. I don't know of another book like it.

by Anonymousreply 333December 20, 2018 11:58 AM

I'll order it today. Thanks for the recommendation, R333.

by Anonymousreply 334December 20, 2018 12:04 PM

The DirecTV randomly froze so Googled the issue and was able to reset it.

But now the remote control won't sync after several attempts. I dread having to call AT&T to troubleshoot.

by Anonymousreply 335December 20, 2018 12:24 PM

I went to a restaurant I’ve been meaning to go to for years. I ordered the lamb. It wasn’t any better than lamb I could make.

by Anonymousreply 336December 20, 2018 12:46 PM

I made bacon and eggs today. The bacon was Really Good Bacon. Ina would have approved. But I bought it to make pasta amatriciana per Lucinda Scala Quinn's recipe (I used bucatini; it was wonderful). I haven't needed to use a cookbook in order to get dinner on the table in years, but Lucinda's cookbooks draw me in the way Julia's, Marcella's, Giuliano's, and Martha's used to.

This is from Lucinda's Rustic Italian Kitchen. Here's a video from when she did Mad Hungry for Martha Stewart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337December 20, 2018 1:26 PM

Wow, R337, you sound like a pro. I've burned three kettles in the past year because I literally cannot boil water, so a tip of the hat to you. I am trying to learn to cook, what's a good recipe website for the beginner?

by Anonymousreply 338December 20, 2018 3:06 PM

Not a website but I can recommend a book for you r338. 12 RECIPES, which the author-chef penned for his son when he went off to college. Basic recipes (with variations) that are a good place to start for the novice cook.

by Anonymousreply 339December 20, 2018 3:16 PM

I like that book, too, r339, by Cal Peternell. Great way to make croutons from leftover "good" bread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340December 20, 2018 3:25 PM

r338, my favorite cooking show-website-cookbooks-whatever are from Lucinda Scala Quinn. Follow her on Instagram @madhungry, and watch her stories.

It is genuinely my favorite currently available cooking information of any sort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341December 20, 2018 3:29 PM

r338 Try one of these. It's a whistling tea kettle that works one-handedly.

by Anonymousreply 342December 20, 2018 3:37 PM

Link for r342 r338.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343December 20, 2018 3:38 PM

I own a glass tea kettle I bought at Kmart for $9.99. Believe it or not it's made in Germany.

by Anonymousreply 344December 20, 2018 3:48 PM

My Uber this morning was a Cadillac CT6. And I asked for Uber X!

by Anonymousreply 345December 20, 2018 4:24 PM

I'm burnt out. I'm doing my Xmas cleaning little by little. I washed a part of the shower room floor, I'll do the rest later.

by Anonymousreply 346December 20, 2018 4:33 PM

I installed two smart switches in my home this morning. The can be controlled by voice or app. Nifty, yes?

by Anonymousreply 347December 20, 2018 4:55 PM

[quote]operates a tranny solenoid

Wounded.

by Anonymousreply 348December 20, 2018 9:21 PM

How does pier one stay in business? There was one in my neighborhood & it made all of its money at Christmas. Look at their website and there are crap “sales.” Take 10% off! Free shipping when you buy $49 worth of crap! Buy one, get another 50% off and neither is on sale.

I notice improvements.com is selling all its inventory, so I guess it’s going under

by Anonymousreply 349December 20, 2018 11:43 PM

Thanks to everyone who recommended various cooking aids. I am determined to learn how to cook (although I don't like it). My oven scares me.

by Anonymousreply 350December 20, 2018 11:59 PM

R349, I was thinking that exact same thing today as I drove by our Pier 1 (empty parking lot). It used to be the bee's knees but really has faded in the national consciousness recently.

What's everyone doing tomorrow? Hope nothing too strenuous.

by Anonymousreply 351December 21, 2018 12:00 AM

R350 when you learn to roast chicken and vegetables you’ll realise the oven is easier than the stove top. Nothing to stir. Just bang it in there and wait. Google easy roast chicken and/or easy roast vegetables and a whole bunch of very basic recipes will pop up. If you hate to cook this is just about the easiest thing you can make. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 352December 21, 2018 12:53 AM

If you're afraid of your oven, you're just going to have to order takeout for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 353December 21, 2018 1:25 AM

I passed wind. It had the distinct aroma of warm garbage juice on a summers day.

by Anonymousreply 354December 21, 2018 6:40 AM

I'm taking a dump, it came out hot, loose and fast. It also has the fetid aroma of garbage juice. No surprise, my diet today has consisted of microwave popcorn, potato chips aka crisps and some chicken wings. Yes, I'm obese. But trying to overcome my terrible eating habits.

by Anonymousreply 355December 21, 2018 7:20 AM

I'm not sure why I'm afraid of my oven but every time I open the door I close it quickly and walk away. That is a heavy door, for one thing. That yawning gape of an opening, shudder. The toaster oven is so much cozier.

Woke up this morning and can only find one sleep sock. Frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 356December 21, 2018 10:43 AM

I had a boyfriend who lived in a prewar apartment before all the renovating and gentrifying began. He didn't tell me you needed to light a match to turn his oven on. So I had a big explosion in the kitchen the first morning I turned it on. Burned the hair on my arms off. I can truly sympathize with your ovenphobia, r356.

by Anonymousreply 357December 21, 2018 11:00 AM

Thank you for the sympathetic nod, R357. Honestly, I don't know how people manage, especially with these ovens the size of a Buick. I wish all my kitchen appliances were Lilliputian.

Did your arm hair grow back?

by Anonymousreply 358December 21, 2018 11:25 AM

I woke up with a barometric pressure headache. Cold front moved in overnight. Hate it when this happens.

by Anonymousreply 359December 21, 2018 12:22 PM

I cook and I could survive without my full-sized oven. There are more nice options now, e.g., Cuisinart and Breville counter-top ovens.

by Anonymousreply 360December 21, 2018 3:08 PM

Well, I ventured out to the grocery store today and it was predictably packed. I bought salmon, a lemon, a weirdly shaped apple, and some discounted yogurt. Let me be emphatic that although I did look at the egg nog I did not buy any. But I wanted to.

Traffic's bad.

by Anonymousreply 361December 21, 2018 4:03 PM

Oh, just wanted to add I did have an adventure on my outing. Stopped at Pet Smart, even though I own no pets. There was a lone kitty cat there waiting for a home and she was such a pretty little girl. She was silver and white and very friendly. Even the tag on her cage said VERY FRIENDLY. Her name was Little Debbie and she was the cutest snack cake I've seen in a long time. I stood and scratched her and chatted and then I left. But I think I left part of my heart there.

by Anonymousreply 362December 21, 2018 4:08 PM

My phone woke me up this morning with an air raid like tone and a text warning me about flash floods in my area.

by Anonymousreply 363December 21, 2018 5:43 PM

My phone did that too and I thought it was “incoming,” i.e., Trump had started a war.

by Anonymousreply 364December 21, 2018 5:48 PM

You know what to do, r362.

by Anonymousreply 365December 21, 2018 6:22 PM

I had a craving for Haagen-Daz today (it's my once-a-month cheat day), so, with great anticipation and taste buds a-tingle, I went to the freezer, tore off the lid...only to discover that my husband had left exactly one (1) teaspoon of ice cream at the bottom of the container.

One teaspoon...

by Anonymousreply 366December 21, 2018 8:36 PM

I store all of my important papers in my oven. Been doing this since the mid 80s.

by Anonymousreply 367December 21, 2018 8:52 PM

My husband brought the Xmas tree down from the attic for me to decorate. It’s the wrong tree. It’s a s grungy prelit tree from years ago and the lights don’t work. That’s why I bought a new tree 5 years ago. So...he left the old tree in the attic and put the new tree in our storage unit a two hour round trip away.

by Anonymousreply 368December 21, 2018 8:58 PM

That strikes me as overwhelming, R368.

by Anonymousreply 369December 21, 2018 9:08 PM

[quote]I store all of my important papers in my oven.

That didn't turn out well in "The Unsinkable Molly Brown."

by Anonymousreply 370December 21, 2018 9:12 PM

Yes, these last few posts are a tad overwhelming. Simmer down. I'm not here to have a coronary.

R366, you have grounds for a lawsuit. Proceed accordingly.

R367, what if your oven catches on fire! My anxiety's through the roof.

Had a nap this afternoon. Now it's dark. I keep thinking about Little Debbie.

by Anonymousreply 371December 21, 2018 9:13 PM

I pay every month but half the time, I can't post. Does anyone else have this problem.

by Anonymousreply 372December 21, 2018 9:21 PM

You're certainly not getting your $1.50's worth.

by Anonymousreply 373December 21, 2018 9:22 PM

[quote]It is Brooklyn after all.

Where no one turns on their oven, r367?

by Anonymousreply 374December 21, 2018 9:29 PM

Listening to my Spotify most played in 2018 list. I've been trying to incorporate new songs I hear on KCRW (NPR) into my playlists. My most played song was still "Morning Train" by Sheena Easton.

by Anonymousreply 375December 21, 2018 9:44 PM

r375, I love "Morning Train."

by Anonymousreply 376December 21, 2018 9:46 PM

R375, are you insane or just have bad taste? Either one's ok with me.

by Anonymousreply 377December 21, 2018 9:47 PM

"Morning Train" is a really good song. And I have bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 378December 21, 2018 9:52 PM

I can't stop picking a scab on my head...

by Anonymousreply 379December 21, 2018 10:14 PM

There's no reason to stop. Keep at it but take video and post it here.

by Anonymousreply 380December 21, 2018 10:15 PM

I finally found my favorite brand of lentil chips at the store.

But when I opened the bag, they were stale.

by Anonymousreply 381December 21, 2018 10:16 PM

Where did you get them?

by Anonymousreply 382December 21, 2018 10:17 PM

[quote]You're certainly not getting your $1.50's worth.

Watch it asshole.

You might just find yourself powerfully whelmed if I use my power over your credit card for evil rather than good.

by Anonymousreply 383December 21, 2018 10:26 PM

I slept on top of my left hand last night, and it's been aching all day.

by Anonymousreply 384December 21, 2018 10:40 PM

I cannot find Chinese egg noodles anywhere--I mean, ANYWHERE-- in New York City. There was a time not long ago where they used to be everywhere...rows and rows of Kame brand egg noodles, displayed proudly on shelves all over Manhattan. Now....well....all I can think of is a paraphrase of the PORGY AND BESS funeral scene:

Where are my egg noo-oo-dles?

They are gone, gone, gone, gone, gone, gone, gone.....

by Anonymousreply 385December 21, 2018 10:40 PM

I found Little Debbie online!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 22, 2018 12:47 AM

Free Lil Debbie!

by Anonymousreply 387December 22, 2018 1:11 AM

Gosh, R387, you don't know how much I want to.

by Anonymousreply 388December 22, 2018 1:32 AM

My bf texted me from the store to ask me what I wanted for Christmas. A surprise would be nice I replied. Dead silence from him for several minutes as he no doubt looked around frantically for inspiration. I ended his torture and texted him back a list of options not long after that. I could feel the relief from home.

by Anonymousreply 389December 22, 2018 2:45 AM

What are you getting him?

by Anonymousreply 390December 22, 2018 2:51 AM

A new tent (he likes camping) A bottle of super spicey chilli. He loves the stuff. A massage voucher. A book

I didn’t need a list.

by Anonymousreply 391December 22, 2018 3:00 AM

Nice gifts. Can you give us a hint what the book is?

by Anonymousreply 392December 22, 2018 11:01 AM

I just sprayed knock off lysol brand in the cat box area.

I am making 7-11 brand coffee. It is not pretty good

I am going out to a Chinese restaurant with eldergay friend at 5 p.m. I cannot eat anything breaded or fried, and I don't do white rice because of its carb content, so my eating options will be interesting. I am thinking of the beef and broccoli.

by Anonymousreply 393December 22, 2018 11:06 AM

I'm drinking Victoria Bitter. And my buck fifty is actually $2.16 AUD

by Anonymousreply 394December 22, 2018 12:25 PM

R393, made me laugh with, "it's not pretty good."

by Anonymousreply 395December 22, 2018 6:43 PM

R392 the book is A Sporting Chance by Australian author/comedian Titus O’Reilly. It’s about sporting heroes in Australia and their ability to be forgiven time and time again by friends and work colleagues, if not the public, despite their sometimes awful off field behaviour. It’s well written and funny. Well the excerpt I read was. And it’s right up his alley. Unlike me, he’s both sporty and Australian.

by Anonymousreply 396December 22, 2018 6:54 PM

I put together a cute gift bag for my eldergay friend. I even put a bow on the cute card I picked up at the Dollar Tree store. I just received a cute gift bag from a Frau friend of mine.

by Anonymousreply 397December 22, 2018 7:36 PM

I downloaded my first free audiobook from my local library today.

Screw Audible and Jeff Bezos!

by Anonymousreply 398December 22, 2018 7:54 PM

I bought egg nog the other day.. a quart. I get it this time every year, once (or maybe twice)... and drank it all with a dash of nutmeg.. not all at once.

by Anonymousreply 399December 22, 2018 8:25 PM

I hate audiobooks. I like to read, not be read to.

by Anonymousreply 400December 22, 2018 8:30 PM

You probably move your lips when you read too. Do you also trace along with your fingertip across the page?

by Anonymousreply 401December 22, 2018 8:41 PM

I just ate an entire can of Tuscan Garden Large Pitted Olives.

by Anonymousreply 402December 22, 2018 11:36 PM

I love olives. I might have some crushed on toast.

by Anonymousreply 403December 22, 2018 11:38 PM

I like olives, but I have to eat them with something else. They're too salty on their own.

by Anonymousreply 404December 23, 2018 12:24 AM

Yay R398. As a librarian I'm happy to know you're enjoying the offerings of your local library.

by Anonymousreply 405December 23, 2018 4:34 PM

Just got back from the mall. Didn't buy anything. Everything looked tawdry and gaudy. I yearned for an emporium of quiet dignity but alas, found none.

Have not bathed today.

by Anonymousreply 406December 23, 2018 4:35 PM

R405 I’ve had a few different careers over the years which I’ve enjoyed, but now I regret not going with my gut initially and becoming a librarian. Next time youre straightening up the A-K teen romance section know that I envy you.

by Anonymousreply 407December 23, 2018 7:21 PM

It's never too late, R407. But maybe it is. You can always volunteer at your local library.

by Anonymousreply 408December 23, 2018 7:29 PM

Good idea. I might do that when I’m older and less time poor r408. Are you a librarian in the states?

by Anonymousreply 409December 23, 2018 7:31 PM

Yes, I am. I work for my local county library and feel very lucky. The patrons are nice and generally well-educated. It's a pleasure to assist them.

It's very nice of you to say kind things about a profession that's sometimes maligned because of perceived dullness. I thought it was dull when I was in library school but it's been a fulfilling career and I'm proud to do what I do. Just wish more people knew all the goodies a library can offer, a veritable treasure chest of information, assistance, recreation, and joy.

by Anonymousreply 410December 23, 2018 7:38 PM

As a library volunteer, I commend you, r410.

by Anonymousreply 411December 23, 2018 7:49 PM

I only left the house to drive to the liquor store, my mom wanted Pastis for Christmas. The store wasn't that crowded, im home now.

by Anonymousreply 412December 23, 2018 7:51 PM

Thanks, R411, and I commend you for volunteering. Everyone has such a busy life, I'm always impressed when people take the time to volunteer. We love our volunteers and they really do help out.

by Anonymousreply 413December 23, 2018 7:54 PM

What's Pastis, R12? It sounds fruity.

by Anonymousreply 414December 23, 2018 7:55 PM

[quote]Have not bathed today.

I suspect no one will interrupt your quiet dignity.

by Anonymousreply 415December 23, 2018 8:13 PM

r386 did you get her?

by Anonymousreply 416December 23, 2018 9:06 PM

I have leftovers in the fridge. Which one do I eat tonight? The jambalaya rice with sausage or the chicken legs?

by Anonymousreply 417December 23, 2018 9:14 PM

Jambalaya rice r417

by Anonymousreply 418December 23, 2018 9:15 PM

R418 Jambalaya rice it is, then. haha

by Anonymousreply 419December 23, 2018 9:18 PM

[quote]I only left the house to drive to the liquor store, my mom wanted Pastis for Christmas. The store wasn't that crowded, im home now.

Run-on sentences or comma splices? I don't think I heard of comma splices when I was learning grammar in the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 420December 23, 2018 10:52 PM

My mouth watered just reading “jambalaya rice” r419.

by Anonymousreply 421December 23, 2018 11:25 PM

Pastis, r414, is an anise-flavored liqueur, similar to ouzo. In France, they mix with water and a cube of sugar.

I've spent a majority of my life online or in situ in libraries. I've literally checked out thousands upon thousands of books, CDs, DVDs and other materials, and am deeply indebted for the education I have received through these public institutions over the decades. Still, I do have a question to ask, and I ask it without snark: why are many librarians so socially awkward? They don't, won't, can't look you in the eye and their tone is generally patronizing. It's very off-putting and I don't understand it, since they are there to provide a public service.

by Anonymousreply 422December 24, 2018 12:29 AM

Hi, R422, I'm the librarian. You ask a great question that, frankly, I ask myself a lot. I'm certainly not a life-of-the-party extrovert but I'm positively gregarious in comparison to my colleagues. I would say 90% of librarians are introverts and many of them have poorly developed social skills because they were always reading or immersed in their own thoughts. I'm not joking when I say most of my colleagues don't look me in the eye, make small talk, or even bother to answer questions when asked ... and I'm one of them! I know I'm talked about behind my back because I have the audacity to engage patrons in conversation or even say hello. Librarians need to learn to become good marketers, and good communication is a huge part of that. Having said that, they really are a good group of compassionate people, just need to up their communication game a bit. Hope this helps answer your question.

by Anonymousreply 423December 24, 2018 2:34 AM

Chicken legs make me nauseous.

by Anonymousreply 424December 24, 2018 2:35 AM

Too tendon-y, R424 ?

I keep napping today. It makes me feel guilty. Just so underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 425December 24, 2018 3:08 AM

My theory is that librarians went into the field because they are into books and organizing them, not because of the people who frequent their workplaces.

by Anonymousreply 426December 24, 2018 3:15 AM

R207 He doesn't have time to swim but I bet he can brown-nose and tell lies underwater.

by Anonymousreply 427December 24, 2018 4:18 AM

Yes, I can understand that, to some degree. I also live a life of the mind and spend much time in solitude, reading, writing, etc. That said, I don't refrain from engaging with people when thrown into social situations and am certainly not afraid to look them in the eye when I speak to them. I think that's what annoys/frustrates me most when dealing with these self-conscious types. I wonder if it's a passive-aggressive defense mechanism, on some level.

by Anonymousreply 428December 24, 2018 4:18 AM

R426, I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 429December 24, 2018 11:41 PM

I had braunschweiger for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 430December 24, 2018 11:42 PM

Saw the movie Vice today. It was good.

Had licorice and kettle corn for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 431December 26, 2018 12:40 AM

Can’t wait to see Vice.

by Anonymousreply 432December 26, 2018 2:53 AM

Come on-a my house any night of the week, r432.

by Anonymousreply 433December 26, 2018 7:39 PM

My next door neighbor gave birth to an anklyosaurus.

by Anonymousreply 434December 26, 2018 7:49 PM

What does that mean, R434?

by Anonymousreply 435December 26, 2018 10:26 PM

Went to Trader Joe's today and bought toothpaste. It was on the bottom shelf so I had to bend down. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 436December 28, 2018 12:15 AM

I was in a Stop and Shop earlier today looking for Carr's Crackers. Some chubby Latino worker came up behind and asked politely if I was looking for something. Was this a flirt?

by Anonymousreply 437December 28, 2018 6:59 PM

I need a coffee, but I’m out of milk. I’m resigned to going to the shop to get milk because I’m dying to have a coffee. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 438December 28, 2018 7:31 PM

Did you find your crackers, R437? And did Raul find your crack?

R438, I feel your pain (as much as I can feel any empathy). Just woke up from a nap and realized I had to take the trash out in the rain a few minutes ago. Someone left the trash out in the rain, I don't think that I can take it 'cuz it took so long to make it and I'll never have that dumpster again. Ohhhhh noooooo. Ohhhhhh nooooo.

by Anonymousreply 439December 28, 2018 7:48 PM

woops, wrong thread. A thousand pardons.

by Anonymousreply 440December 28, 2018 8:59 PM

No, right thread. I'm obviously totally overwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 441December 28, 2018 9:01 PM

I detest mushrooms. I even hate looking at them.

by Anonymousreply 442December 28, 2018 9:03 PM

I drink coffee black.

by Anonymousreply 443December 28, 2018 9:35 PM

R442 mushrooms are one of my favourite foods, right up there with eggplant.

by Anonymousreply 444December 28, 2018 9:52 PM

I like mushrooms but they don’t like me

by Anonymousreply 445December 28, 2018 10:54 PM

What do you mean r445? Are you intolerant to them?

by Anonymousreply 446December 28, 2018 11:01 PM

I think holiday food - turkey, gravy, stuffing, mash, turnips (I mash them & then “Icut” them with mashed potatoes) are not good for me. I’ve had an upset stomach for days. No more leftovers for me.

by Anonymousreply 447December 28, 2018 11:01 PM

I don't like the dung, but the dung likes me...

by Anonymousreply 448December 28, 2018 11:02 PM

R408 I understand that lots of British suburban libraries are now being staffed by volunteers.

Suburban libraries are very bad economics, they're mostly used by impoverished tramps who don't want to read.

Money should be spent on making more electronic books accessible to people who need them.

by Anonymousreply 449December 29, 2018 1:16 AM

Mushrooms give me cramps & gas. So do bananas, onions, cruciate vegetables & beer.

by Anonymousreply 450December 29, 2018 1:57 AM

R449 not where I’m from. My suburban library is full of a diverse group of people. Lots of parents borrowing books for kids, which I think is great. There are book clubs that run a couple nights a week. Lots of oldies who don’t want to download their books. My neighbours son is the eldest of four kids, so he uses the library to study as it’s too noisy at home. And since I’m not a complete scrooge, I have no issue if a homeless person wanted to wander in to get out of the cold for a few hours. Can we leave one of the few things we get for free in this life alone? Libraries are wonderful. I’m sorry that’s lost on you.

by Anonymousreply 451December 29, 2018 2:04 AM

Look in a mirror, Rose!

by Anonymousreply 452December 29, 2018 2:25 AM

I don't feel as depressed today.

by Anonymousreply 453December 29, 2018 8:37 AM

Well that’s really good r453. Maybe tomorrow will be even better.

by Anonymousreply 454December 29, 2018 9:09 AM

I like this thread. Like an oasis from the usual DL madness.

by Anonymousreply 455December 29, 2018 9:09 AM

Unfortunately, r454, I've been reading DL for 32 minutes, where

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456December 29, 2018 9:11 AM

Lol r456, just hide hear. It’s very underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 457December 29, 2018 9:12 AM

^^Ugh. Here not hear. The grammar queens will eat me alive.

by Anonymousreply 458December 29, 2018 9:13 AM

Nah. I'm a grammar queen. It didn't occur to me to eat you alive. I just don't care anymore. I guess I can't call myself a grammar queen anymore.

I guess I'll go out and dangle a participle. Or type "loose" when I mean "lose," next chance I get.

by Anonymousreply 459December 29, 2018 9:20 AM

One of my teacher friends wrote loose instead of lose and then a lot as one word on a fb post. I wanted to go around to his place and revoke his teaching degree.

by Anonymousreply 460December 29, 2018 9:25 AM

There's a functional illiterate who says she's a retired English teacher on some other forum I read. I'm sure she's a "looser." She also does weird line breaks.

by Anonymousreply 461December 29, 2018 9:27 AM

I think my friend has joined a cult. Something called Access consciousnes. She talks a lot about receiving money, getting what you want with joy, powerful energy of possibilities. A lot of it makes absolutely no sense. I hope she’s ok.

by Anonymousreply 462December 29, 2018 9:34 AM

She's not ok, she's a mess. She needs lots of naps.

by Anonymousreply 463December 29, 2018 12:14 PM

I'm going to wear the striped socks I wore yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 464December 29, 2018 12:14 PM

Watch an Amy Adams film, except Big Eyes because thats good.

by Anonymousreply 465December 29, 2018 12:20 PM

I'm confused by R465, should I watch an Amy Adams movie or not? And I did see Big Eyes and stayed awake.

There were three slices left of the Cheesecake Factory chocolate cherry cheesecake left in the refrigerator and I ate one of them.

by Anonymousreply 466December 29, 2018 5:39 PM

I really wish a famous celeb would die, I'm in the mood to round out the year. Somebody unexpected, maybe Young Hollywood. That conservative writer doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 467December 29, 2018 5:41 PM

I microwaved soup for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 468December 29, 2018 5:57 PM

What kind of soup?

by Anonymousreply 469December 30, 2018 1:05 AM

Campbell’s Chicken Noodle.

I have a cold.

by Anonymousreply 470December 30, 2018 1:08 AM

Sorry to hear that. Are you staying in bed, keeping warm, drinking liquids, and getting enough rest?

Are you taking anything for it or just letting it run its course? Do you have a fever?

by Anonymousreply 471December 30, 2018 2:09 AM

Its been a while since r471 asked how r470 is. I hope he hasn’t passed away.

by Anonymousreply 472December 30, 2018 4:25 AM

Probably dead as a doornail. What are you doing, R472.

I'm microwaving some creamed spinach.

by Anonymousreply 473December 30, 2018 7:00 PM

About to watch the Cold Case episode that featured Rocky Horror Picture Show.

by Anonymousreply 474December 30, 2018 7:07 PM

That sounds like media cross-pollination. I'm already confused, please help de-confuse me and share a brief synopsis of this episode.

by Anonymousreply 475December 30, 2018 7:25 PM

I’m reading r473. I’m ending 2018 in the most underwhelming way possible.

by Anonymousreply 476December 30, 2018 7:26 PM

Here, r475.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477December 30, 2018 8:06 PM

R476, good lord, man, don't put up scintillating bits of info just to have the essence disappear like Judge Crater! What are you reading?

by Anonymousreply 478December 30, 2018 9:23 PM

Thanks ever so much, R477, still have no clue but it was gobs of fun reading the cast and crew list .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479December 30, 2018 9:26 PM

What in the hell is this fuckery about naked mole rats? I did not post that. They are kind of cute, though.

by Anonymousreply 480December 30, 2018 9:28 PM

I'm getting ready to watch Hereditary. Hope it isn't too scary. Getting up this morning and having a bowel movement was frightening enough.

by Anonymousreply 481December 30, 2018 11:38 PM

I just figured out how to substantially increase the volume on my new AirPods. The instructions that came with this gift were inadequate -- I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. After several days of fumbling about, I decided to look in the Apple Community Forums. The technique described there worked like a charm. Now I can adequately hear my audiobook! Life is good.

by Anonymousreply 482December 31, 2018 2:31 PM

I finally got my pint of strawberry Haagen-Dazs.

by Anonymousreply 483December 31, 2018 5:42 PM

Have you eaten it yet or are you saving it?

by Anonymousreply 484December 31, 2018 6:36 PM

God, is there anything worse than a celebratory holiday that forces you to somewhat alter your nap-oriented existence? Pajamas on extra early tonight for a good snuggle before 2019. And no, Anderson Cooper and that trashy friend of yours, I'll not be watching.

by Anonymousreply 485December 31, 2018 6:38 PM

A small ivory colored ginger jar lamp was delivered today.

by Anonymousreply 486December 31, 2018 7:01 PM

My next door neighbor gave birth to a cherry wood end Queen Anne style end table.

by Anonymousreply 487December 31, 2018 7:07 PM

I was scourged at the pillar.

by Anonymousreply 488December 31, 2018 7:42 PM

Is it 2019 yet?

by Anonymousreply 489December 31, 2018 9:27 PM

Already ate it, r484. Got another for tomorrow, though.

by Anonymousreply 490December 31, 2018 9:35 PM

r489 Depends.

by Anonymousreply 491December 31, 2018 9:35 PM

Is it 2019 yet where I live? Having to pick up the clock just seems too exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 492January 1, 2019 12:07 AM

My blueberries were mushy this morning.

by Anonymousreply 493January 1, 2019 10:14 AM

Went to the Goodwill store (everything with an orange tag was 50% off) but didn't buy anything.

by Anonymousreply 494January 1, 2019 6:47 PM

R478 I’m reading Lolly Scramble by Tony Martin. Despite its name it isn’t a kids book. It wouldn’t be much interest to anyone outside Australia, however.

by Anonymousreply 495January 1, 2019 7:26 PM

[quote]I was in a Stop and Shop earlier today looking for Carr's Crackers. Some chubby Latino worker came up behind and asked politely if I was looking for something. Was this a flirt?

Not with your condescending attitude it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 496January 1, 2019 7:32 PM

Last night I soaked some Great Northern beans. This morning,I followed a recipe for baked beans from an old edition of "The Joy of Cooking".

I had every ingredient, except the onion. I love onions.

They've been in the oven for 5 hours. I just took the cover off because the recipe said to take it off for the last hour.

The house smells divine. After I've eaten a helping or two, I'm not sure that'll last...

by Anonymousreply 497January 1, 2019 7:33 PM

I make baked beans occasionally. They really just need a small amount of onion, so I'm sure yours are delicious.

by Anonymousreply 498January 1, 2019 7:44 PM

Thanks, Bostonian at r498.

I sneaked (snuck?) a taste and I think they did turn out!

by Anonymousreply 499January 1, 2019 7:48 PM

You're welcome. By the way, adding some baking soda to the soaking/boiling water helps to reduce the potential flatulence problem you alluded to originally.

by Anonymousreply 500January 1, 2019 7:52 PM

Now, that OVERWHELMING info, r500.

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 501January 1, 2019 7:55 PM

The recipe I use calls for a half-teaspoon of baking soda. More than that can make the beans mushy.

by Anonymousreply 502January 1, 2019 8:01 PM

I wish I had some chocolate right now.

by Anonymousreply 503January 1, 2019 8:44 PM

I have some, and it's delicious. But I guess that doesn't do you much good.

by Anonymousreply 504January 1, 2019 9:55 PM

What kind, R504?

by Anonymousreply 505January 2, 2019 2:10 AM

Just watched Roman on Netflix. Talk about underwhelmed! That movie flew out of my head the second it was over. What a big bowl of nothing, and it's turning up on Best of '18 movie lists. Huh?

by Anonymousreply 506January 2, 2019 2:11 AM

Well duh, I meant ROMA. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 507January 2, 2019 2:11 AM

A woman asked for money so she could smoke heroin.

People smoke heroin? Are all the needles from diabetic litterers?

by Anonymousreply 508January 2, 2019 4:13 AM

Yes some people smoke heroin r508, but most graduate to needles. Regardless I think her honesty was refreshing, if not sad.

by Anonymousreply 509January 2, 2019 8:56 AM

I'm browsing Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 510January 2, 2019 10:16 AM

Back to work. All day. I'm taking leftover salmon for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 511January 2, 2019 11:28 AM

Leftover salmon? Didn't you read yesterday's food poisoning thread?

by Anonymousreply 512January 2, 2019 2:05 PM

Choceur dark hazelnut crisp, R505.

by Anonymousreply 513January 2, 2019 2:09 PM

Of course I didn't read it, R512, that would require work. Salmon was fine ... so far.

by Anonymousreply 514January 2, 2019 5:29 PM

Wow, that sounds fancy, R513. I bet you use the expensive brand of toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 515January 2, 2019 5:30 PM

Pheasants like peanuts a lot

by Anonymousreply 516January 2, 2019 6:33 PM

[quote]Wow, that sounds fancy, R513. I bet you use the expensive brand of toilet paper.

Nah, old newspapers.

by Anonymousreply 517January 2, 2019 6:43 PM

My hole is whelmed r517.

by Anonymousreply 518January 2, 2019 6:44 PM

R516, how do you know that? Do you keep pet pheasants?

by Anonymousreply 519January 2, 2019 9:35 PM

I need a haircut.

by Anonymousreply 520January 2, 2019 10:03 PM

I envy your resolve. I can't decide whether I need one.

by Anonymousreply 521January 2, 2019 11:05 PM

WTF happened with egg crates? Used to buy them for 19.99, put them on all the beds, put a plush waterproof topper atop the egg crate. Now egg crates are $50-120! GTFOoH

by Anonymousreply 522January 3, 2019 1:25 AM

r522 You get what you pay for?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523January 3, 2019 9:42 AM

R520, have you gotten a haircut yet?

R521, yes you need one. Hop on it.

I need one too but that would mean getting out of bed, possibly bathing, putting on street clothes, traveling to the hair cut place, blah blah blah. I'm exhausted thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 524January 3, 2019 11:15 AM

[quote]I need one too but that would mean getting out of bed, possibly bathing, putting on street clothes, traveling to the hair cut place, blah blah blah. I'm exhausted thinking about it.

I got exhausted just reading this. So much effort! It would be so much easier to just keep your hair longer for a while.

by Anonymousreply 525January 3, 2019 1:39 PM

Great idea, R525.

Just ate two packs of crackers and I'm having lunch in 45 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 526January 3, 2019 3:57 PM

I didn't dye my beard for the first time in decades. It's gray.

by Anonymousreply 527January 3, 2019 5:48 PM

[quote]I didn't dye my beard for the first time in decades. It's gray.

I'm guessing it looks a lot better now, R527.

by Anonymousreply 528January 3, 2019 6:39 PM

My bulldog is barking at the gardener.

by Anonymousreply 529January 3, 2019 8:09 PM

It's called revenge. For all the times the gardener barked at your dog.

by Anonymousreply 530January 3, 2019 11:06 PM

I remembered I once found something I needed - something non-crafty - from Joann.com. So I went there and they had a 50% off coupon for one item. So I bought a $50 egg crate for $25.

by Anonymousreply 531January 3, 2019 11:55 PM

Did you like your discount egg crate?

Brushed my teeth with a new peppermint toothpaste from Trader Joe's. Change is scary.

by Anonymousreply 532January 4, 2019 1:24 AM

No, R524, maybe this weekend. The whole process is exhausting, but I look much better (and younger!) with shorter hair.

by Anonymousreply 533January 4, 2019 1:52 AM

Vacuum had a clog in the hose. Unclogged it. Vacuumed.

by Anonymousreply 534January 4, 2019 6:29 AM

I’m watching stranger things again. My bf hasn’t seen it. It’s nowhere near as creepy the second time around.

by Anonymousreply 535January 4, 2019 7:59 AM

"Egg crate" is taken to mean one of those things you put between your mattress and your bottom sheet?

by Anonymousreply 536January 4, 2019 11:41 AM

That, or a crate to hold eggs r536.

by Anonymousreply 537January 4, 2019 11:42 AM

I canceled my physical therapy appointment. I overdid it with "PT at home" last night because I got one of those straps. I don't know why they want me to do it at home. I seem to overdo it.

by Anonymousreply 538January 4, 2019 11:42 AM

And overdoing it is over-, not under-, whelming.

by Anonymousreply 539January 4, 2019 11:43 AM

My colleague came into work yesterday with conjunctivitis. Yes, conjunctivitis.

She was busy at her desk for most of the day. My boss saw her and sent her home. Right after she left, we wiped everything down with Clorox wipes.

by Anonymousreply 540January 4, 2019 12:00 PM

R533, ooooh a weekend haircut (shudder). Steel yourself with drugs and cocktails. Remember not to move when having hairs cut, the scissor blade could go directly into your eyeball.

R534, I'm exhausted just listening to you. Dear god, you don't have dusting on your agenda, do you?

R538, please, for the love of our lord Jesus Christ, don't engage in "overdoing." Nobody benefits. Take a pill and calm down then nap and perhaps you can reverse the effects. Perhaps.

R540, hardly underwhelming considering you'll soon have the Plague, will need to quite your job, and live out your remaining miserable days in a tent city in some third world hellhole.

by Anonymousreply 541January 4, 2019 12:13 PM

Went to the market to buy chips and hand soap for the kitchen. God, so many decisions. I need a lie down.

by Anonymousreply 542January 4, 2019 3:09 PM

Made a ranch dip that tastes more like onion dip.

by Anonymousreply 543January 4, 2019 7:15 PM

What are you using as your dip vehicle? Chips? Toast? Pretzels? Pringles?

Lucky you, I've always found ranch dressing to taste like rancid semen.

by Anonymousreply 544January 4, 2019 7:16 PM

I’m not American so I don’t know what ranch dressing is.

by Anonymousreply 545January 4, 2019 7:21 PM

I dip vegetables and sometimes Pringles in it, r544.

by Anonymousreply 546January 4, 2019 7:33 PM

In dressing, I meant, not rancid semen.

by Anonymousreply 547January 4, 2019 7:35 PM

[quote]Made a ranch dip that tastes more like onion dip.

Did you put onion powder in it? I think most ranch dressing should be called Garlic Powder Dressing.

by Anonymousreply 548January 4, 2019 10:14 PM

Someone just used the word "blowjob" on CNN.

Erin Burnett said. "We don't use that word here."

by Anonymousreply 549January 4, 2019 11:25 PM

R541, I participated in selective dusting.

by Anonymousreply 550January 5, 2019 12:22 AM

No, r548. I made it with a ranch seasoning packet. I'm going to buy it again.

by Anonymousreply 551January 5, 2019 1:03 AM

Did they mean it in the same way the rest of use the word, Della? Or like the time my sister went to the hairdresser and instead of a blow wave asked for a blow job?

by Anonymousreply 552January 5, 2019 1:18 AM

Just washed my hair with Klorane shampoo for silver hair. I feel like a jet setter, a sophisticate, a true gentleman and a scholar, and a social superior.

by Anonymousreply 553January 5, 2019 11:43 AM

You have overwhelmed us, R553, which is really not the point of this thread. But I'm happy you were able to find such validation in a bottle of shampoo.

by Anonymousreply 554January 5, 2019 3:05 PM

I just made corn muffins . . . from a box of Jiffy mix.

by Anonymousreply 555January 5, 2019 3:10 PM

I remember Ragamuffin's brand corn muffin mix in the supermarket. It showed a drawing of a girl with curls. What a cute and adorable name.

by Anonymousreply 556January 5, 2019 3:20 PM

Still sold. You can also get Raga Muffin (and Jiffy) mix with artificial blueberries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557January 5, 2019 3:38 PM

Thank you, R554, I look for validation wherever I can find it.

by Anonymousreply 558January 5, 2019 6:58 PM

Wait, R555, you mean you opened a box, poured it into a bowl, added stuff, parceled it out, and then cooked it?!? Are you insane? Whoa, way too much work.

by Anonymousreply 559January 5, 2019 7:00 PM

lol, r552.

He used it as a synonym for fellatio.

by Anonymousreply 560January 5, 2019 7:02 PM

[quote]Wait, R555, you mean you opened a box, poured it into a bowl, added stuff, parceled it out, and then cooked it?!? Are you insane? Whoa, way too much work.

I did require a nap afterward.

by Anonymousreply 561January 6, 2019 1:35 AM

They should sell vodka by the 3 litre.

by Anonymousreply 562January 6, 2019 3:27 AM

Are you an alcoholic or just a hoarder, R562?

by Anonymousreply 563January 6, 2019 6:00 AM

I was feeling lazy this morning so I just had frozen waffles for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 564January 6, 2019 1:20 PM

I had good bacon and eggs.

by Anonymousreply 565January 6, 2019 1:51 PM

I watched episode 2 of The Good Cop. It's not one I want to binge. Josh Groban's character is too much like Adrian Monk, and a little OCD goes a long way. I realized after episode 1 that the creator of Monk also created The Good Cop.

I guess he only has one story to tell.

by Anonymousreply 566January 6, 2019 1:54 PM

I took a break from Bodyguard, the Richard Madden programme on Netflix. He is seriously hot.

by Anonymousreply 567January 6, 2019 1:54 PM

I've added "A Very English Scandal" to my Amazon watch list, but haven't made the effort yet to actually start watching it.

by Anonymousreply 568January 6, 2019 2:41 PM

R75, Would you put both on a pizza? Dummy.

by Anonymousreply 569January 6, 2019 4:08 PM

Last three days:

Nausea. Depression. Anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 570January 6, 2019 6:55 PM

R568, of course you haven't made the effort. That would mean making an effort.

Opera Seria, what's up? Why the funk, fella?

I looked at a statue of Caligula today. It was missing many body parts.

by Anonymousreply 571January 6, 2019 8:03 PM

Culver's Dark Chocolate Decadence Frozen Custard.

I just finished a pint of it. I started eating it this morning. I think I ate a ka-jillion calories.

by Anonymousreply 572January 6, 2019 8:43 PM

I just had bacon and an egg over easy with toasted bread for dipping and very strong black tea.

by Anonymousreply 573January 6, 2019 8:45 PM

I had a rock.

by Anonymousreply 574January 6, 2019 8:46 PM

amused ,r574

by Anonymousreply 575January 6, 2019 8:47 PM

Is anybody planning to watch the Golden Globes?

WARNING: It involves turning on the television and paying attention, sort of.

by Anonymousreply 576January 6, 2019 10:52 PM

That sounds exhausting, R576.

by Anonymousreply 577January 6, 2019 11:24 PM

Of course it's exhausting, R577, but once you expend that precious energy you can loll in your bed, eat Pop Tarts and ginger ale, and laugh at Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 578January 6, 2019 11:48 PM

Thank you, R578, for slapping some sense into me,

by Anonymousreply 579January 7, 2019 12:28 AM

R579, what are you doing? Did you muster the energy and determination to turn on the tube?

by Anonymousreply 580January 7, 2019 1:27 AM

I’m not in the US r578 so the globes are on while I’m at work. But if it’s not too overwhelming please let me know who embarrasses themselves most this year.

by Anonymousreply 581January 7, 2019 1:56 AM

Oh my god, R581, they're all acting like assholes. Each one worst than the one before. Gaga blue hair, Jeff Bridges panhandler DeMille Award cosmic, Bradley Cooper face tighter than a snare drum, the women all dressed badly. One good thing: Christian Bale won for Vice & Cooper lost director. You're missing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 582January 7, 2019 2:24 AM

[quote]R579, what are you doing? Did you muster the energy and determination to turn on the tube?

I did manage to muster the energy, R580, but I'm not sure it was worth the effort. R582 summed it up quite nicely. And I have no Pop Tarts in the house.

by Anonymousreply 583January 7, 2019 2:47 AM

I don’t watch award shows. It’s not the strain of turning on the television & paying attention. I just don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 584January 7, 2019 2:55 AM

Many of these Hollywood folk are amped up and overwhelming each other and themselves. I predict a National Day of Napping in L.A. tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 585January 7, 2019 3:00 AM

Or national day of eating r585. Some of those starlets haven’t had more than a lettuce leaf since June.

by Anonymousreply 586January 7, 2019 5:37 AM

Thank god the hullabaloo of the Globes is in the rearview mirror. Now to get through the rest of these draining exercises in self-promotion and celebration of the mediocre. At least a good excuse to lie in bed eating sweet potato pie, raisins, and Clamato juice.

My Band Aid fell off. Now I'll have to think about putting on a new one.

by Anonymousreply 587January 7, 2019 11:24 AM

[quote]My Band Aid fell off. Now I'll have to think about putting on a new one.

Wouldn't that mean getting out of bed? I think I'd just go without. Unless you're getting blood on the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 588January 7, 2019 1:57 PM

Luckily the blood was contained in a tub I keep on the bedside table for such emergencies. Am still contemplating re-Band Aiding.

At the cash register tonight I put all the bills facing one way and my supervisor was most grateful.

by Anonymousreply 589January 8, 2019 1:59 AM

I put the bills facing the same way any time I pay in cash. Old retail habits die hard

by Anonymousreply 590January 8, 2019 2:11 AM

I ate chickpeas while watching the Golden Globes last night, and I've been gassy all day.

Was it the Globes or the garbanzos, do you think?

by Anonymousreply 591January 8, 2019 4:09 AM

This afternoon I went out to take out a bag of trash, and just then one of the young guys who hangs around at the neighbor's came out into the driveway that runs behind out units. There was a puddle of water because we had a heavy rain recently, and he scooped some water into one of those cheap plastic pitchers I associate with kool-aid making, then went back toward the apartment with about two inches of muddy water. I wonder why anyone would do that. Is there some drug thing the kids today use muddy water for that I don't know about?

by Anonymousreply 592January 8, 2019 4:46 AM

I won 7 bucks on two lottery tickets yesterday and put it right into my bill for the tequila and cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 593January 8, 2019 5:18 AM

Sounds like a wise use of the $7, R593.

by Anonymousreply 594January 8, 2019 6:13 AM

R592, that is a most intriguing mystery and I'm going to be thinking about it all day since I really don't have much else to do. What are your theories? Would aquarium fish enjoy some "natural" water? Very odd.

I was so tired last night I spent the whole night sleeping on the really hard pillow. That's never happened before and it's probably a sign of impending phyiscal failure like Dewy's Body Dementia or rectal cancer.

by Anonymousreply 595January 8, 2019 12:09 PM

Nabisco Pinwheel Cookies can't be duplicated, copied or cloned.

As God is my witness, I'll engage in no more futile quests to get out of paying the $4.99 per package those chiseling rats at Nabisco want for a package of Pinwheels.

Yesterday, against my better judgment, but, saving a few pennies meant more, I bought a package of "Essentials Everyday (brand) Fudge Marshmallow Ring Cookies" with predictable results- no texture, crunch or flavor.

As God is my Witness, I'll never go Nabisco Pinwheels-less again!

by Anonymousreply 596January 8, 2019 5:51 PM

My nose is stuffy... but, when I blew it, nothing came out. Damned sinuses..

by Anonymousreply 597January 8, 2019 6:30 PM

R596, even though your enthusiasm is exhausting I like it. Brand loyalty is wonderful. Pinwheels are probably one of the few cookies I've never tried but they should hire you to promote their brand. As long as you can do it from your bed.

R597, still stuffy? Could be nasal cancer.

by Anonymousreply 598January 8, 2019 6:59 PM

Someone needs to start a new thread.

I'd do it myself but...

by Anonymousreply 599January 8, 2019 7:15 PM

OK, I'll start it. But that's my activity for THE WEEK.

I'll title it Bore Me to Tears With Your Dull Life. That should weed out the overly excitable.

by Anonymousreply 600January 8, 2019 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!