Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

No thread on Wendy Williams?

I thought the DL would love her, considering she basically does what we do every day but on TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 11, 2019 4:24 PM

She was better on radio when she truly didn't give a fuck and called everybody out

by Anonymousreply 1November 2, 2018 9:06 AM

"What about Cookie from Empire?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 2, 2018 10:46 AM

She always seems to be sucking on some sort of lozenge. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 3November 2, 2018 11:06 AM

I've been hate watching Wendy for about 2 years. I started out a casual fan, enjoying her Hot Topics segment but tuning out the other crap (interviews, Ask Wendy, Trendy at Wendy). Then she just started irritating me with her dumb opinions, egotism, shady snubs. It got interesting last year watching her spaz out, then her acknowledging that she had an illness. Now she's back to ragging on celebs, rambling off topic, trying to wring interest out of the "gossip" she drops about Z listers.

There is a small community of other hate watchers who watch the show and then go onto previouslytv forums to pick Wendy apart as she fake cries, dabs her eyes with Q-Tips, burps, dresses like she's 20, messes up the facts about the gossip she drops. Fun times.

by Anonymousreply 4November 2, 2018 3:09 PM

Luv me some Miss Wendy

by Anonymousreply 5November 2, 2018 5:46 PM

Wendy was much bolder as a radio host!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 2, 2018 7:24 PM

Everyone loves a hot mess. I watch sometimes but usually just to laugh at her.

by Anonymousreply 7November 2, 2018 7:30 PM

She's a self-loathing hypocrite. How can she call out celebs who go back to their cheating spouse when her husband is constantly in the news for having a long-term girlfriend on the side?

Physically, she obviously hates herself. She looks like she gave the surgeon a photo of Jessica Rabbit and told him to go to town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 2, 2018 7:31 PM

Anyone notice how the self-important shirt-dress queen at the 50 second mark at R2's video can't even be bothered to look up from her phone?

by Anonymousreply 9November 3, 2018 1:19 AM

I was watching the show this week and caught Wendy showing her true face. During the end credits, Wendy was doing her "shake hands with the audience" move as the theme song was playing -- she had just finished one section and was going to the next when a shady cameraman came up behind her back. She had just stopped short from her handshaking and turned around with a very disgusted "I hate these people" look on her face - CAUGHT! Then she noticed that the camera was still on her and then had this angry "heads are gonna roll" look.

That sourpuss she had on just broadcast to anyone with eyes that Wendy hates her job and the people that are her "fans". That's her fault for having a live show - you get busted.

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2018 9:19 PM

my favorite drag queen

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2018 9:23 PM

Way too urban-centric for me (I am clearly not her target audience even as a gay). I never know who these rappers and their baby mommas are in her hot topics. Not so hot for me.

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2018 9:25 PM

Isn’t her husband a scumbag? She’s definitely the one with the money in that relationship I don’t know why she doesn’t leave his ass.

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2018 9:27 PM

She looks MTF.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2018 9:29 PM

Wasn’t she in some celeb news article this year about all the plastic surgery she’s had done? I think she may have been on a beach, she looked terrible the poor woman. I am pretty sure it wasn’t long after the stories of her husbands affairs came to light.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2018 9:29 PM

Loved her when I found her tv show, on twice daily in NYC,10am and 4pm. Then her "keeping it real" got to me .... she is so fake; fake boobs she is so proud of; fake hair, all wigs; she is encased in Spanx; is all body-stocking legs; forever talks of blacks and cable shows no one watches; talks the talk of herself as some big celeb; won't address her husband's affair PHONY.

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2018 10:56 PM

Why does she put a lighter to a Slim Jim?

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2018 10:58 PM

She seems homophobic to me.

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2018 11:26 PM

I also hate watch (used to mildly enjoy her on the radio), but even that is getting tiresome. She has gotten so bad at her job. Can't read even a short sentence on the teleprompter, is insulting and awkward and uncomfortable with guests (Malcolm Jamal Warner, Eva Marcille, and especially the Busy Phillips interviews recently have been disastrous), she clearly hates her job and her audience, feels she is above everyone, and is totally narcissistic the way she interrupts herself to share boring anecdotes about her life. I couldn't believe the other day when an excited audience member was crying, and Wendy outed her so the camera would focus on her, dismissed the poor girl as being ridiculous for crying, made fun of her, and then literally said 'How do I look?' and went into a 5 minute monologue about how great she looks.

Her strange physical appearance, terrible taste in film/music/TV, all the drama with her own family and marriage, her stale Cold Topics, her barely concealed homophobia, transphobia, and racial self loathing.... and she repeats the same phrases over and over and over 'friend in my head', 'I don't like that Mariah Carey song Vision of Love', 'stupid show', 'we don't wanna hear new music from Janet Jackson'.... some of her biggest catchphrases (Can We Talk - Joan Rivers///Hot Topics - The View) are blatantly stolen. It's bizarre that a person this ridiculous even exists, let alone that she's so successful.

But even though it started as a wack show in the beginning it at least had an element of joy and excitement compared to the other ones. It's now dry and very cold/distant. I can only assume the ratings or focus groups have noticed this drop. It's pretty bad when the ladies tearing each other apart on The View still come across as warmer through the television.

by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2018 3:54 AM

I agree Wendy is very cold. Lately, she is just uncomfortable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2018 3:56 AM

As I've stated on previous Wendy threads, I record her show every day to watch when I get home. I much prefer that than watching it live because I can FF through Hot Topics (couldn't care less as all she talks about are reality-show "celebrities") and the couch interview (again, most are reality-show people or actors/singers I've never heard of). I do like "Ask Wendy" because some of those audience members truly have some fucked-up questions (of course she's had to deny that some of them are fake/plants, which some may very well be). Most days I can watch her entire show in 10/15 minutes tops.

After 10 years on the air, I do feel kinda bad for her that she still can't get many A-listers to come on her show, but she's talked so much shit about so many people that maybe at this point she doesn't even care anymore. All that said, I do like Wendy and glad she's managed to keep her show on for this long.

by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2018 4:47 AM

R19 nails it. When I watch, it’s hate watching, too.

She’s more detached than ever, and really doesn’t seem to care. She tells her stories with long, awkward pauses — stories about people on reality shows that no one watches. Her gossip about big stars is stuff reported everywhere two days earlier.

She can’t read at all. Even reading a tweet is a fail for her. Her advice during Ask Wendy is uniformly awful, although I assume no one would listen to her anyway. She pretends she’s gay friendly, but regularly says something ignorant an$ insulting and derisive about a gay person.

She can’t talk politics because she knows nothing and is too dumb. She really should be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2018 5:16 AM

Wasn't she part of that tsunami song controversy. The song made fun of "chinks" screaming and dying during the tsunami back in 2005.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2018 5:25 AM

She’s the worst. Fake and hypocritical doesn’t begin to describe her. Her husband is keeping a woman in a pretty nice home blocks from where they live with their son, though he may be off to college this fall, and won’t acknowledge it. You know why? Because she’s got that mentality that some women have that “that’s just what real men do.” She’s one of those that’s so ride-or-die for her man (hate that expression) she will do anything to or for him because “he’ll just go get it down the road.” She really is a ghetto rat. No class.

Her show can be entertaining if you can stomach her. Just the way she presents herself and tells stories is off-putting to me. She tries to seem so bright and bubbly in the segments where she leaves the studio but it just looks like more fakery.

Hot Topics (I guess The View didn’t trademark that) is just gossip about Z level celebrities that I guess are more recognizable with an Urban audience. I usually don’t know who she is talking about. And I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who has no idea about the reality shows she follows.

She was a druggie bitch on the radio. My favorite clip is of Judge Mathis calling her out on 18 abortions. I guess that’s why she had to go one 7 months of bed rest to carry her son to term. Her husband even cheated on her then. He’s no Denzel either.

The one place I do feel for her is her body dismorphia. She has changed herself into a walking joke. Tragic tattoos and the capital P thing is pretty accurate.

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2018 5:12 PM

R23 That was Ms. Jones, Wendy's rival, and an even nastier person.

Tina Knowles almost beat the crap out of her in the Hot 97 studios one afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2018 5:23 PM

I think Wendy won't dump the husband because it would kill her to be without a man. She pities single women because in her mind they are losers. Only a man can validate her.

She knows if she got a divorce she would unlikely be able to get into another LTR due to her many issues.

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2018 5:24 PM

More and more, Wendy is acting like she's sitting in her home instead of in front of an international audience. She has no shame or consideration for those watching as she digs up her nose and dabs her eyes with Q-Tips, burps, constantly clears her throat, goes off on tangents on the littlest, boring things that pop into her head (hornets in her home, etc). Then she laughs it off, but it's just disgusting

And she's starting those tacky "commercials" for Gold Bond lotion again, right in the middle of Hot Topics. She was really off this week, stopping between stories with loooong drawn out silences, much like she did just before she revealed her Graves diagnosis. Very disturbing. It may be time to get her meds adjusted again.

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2018 8:28 PM

But but her son is sexy as fuck ..

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2018 9:16 PM

WW starting falling apart around Halloween, 2017, when she fainted on camera (wearing a Statue of Liberty costume). Around the same time, the Daily Mail broke the story and published photos re: WW's husband and his long-time, serious mistress. A little before that, WW lost her Chevy sponsorship due to an on-air anti-HBCU (historically black college / university) comment (a la Stacy Dash).

WW used to be outspoken and incisive. Now, she's always checking to see which way the wind is blowing. She also can't read a cue card, can't pronounce words, and burps on air.

She gets paid to talk about the Lifetime channel and Dancing with the Stars and other boring topics.

Plus, there are lots of people on YouTube who now comment, in real time, on breaking news. Therefore, her Hot Topics are not that "hot" any more.

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2018 9:27 PM

Her topics aren't even that hot anymore, because even though they advertise that the show is "live", she tapes two shows on Thursday and runs the taped one on Friday. Due to that practice, she didn't discuss the death of Kim Porter on Friday's show because it was a pre-taped episode.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2018 11:37 PM

After all these years and she can't get one "Name" on her couch. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2018 12:29 AM

I watch the Hot Topics segment but cannot stomach the rest of her show.

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2018 12:57 AM

OP we had a huge thread on Wendy speculating her health issues when she collapsed on live TV last year. If left to some of the nutty theories here she'd probably be dead by now lol

r30 practically every daytime show on TV only tapes three or four days a week because of production unions. And Wendy will probably be in reruns this week too because of Thanksgiving

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2018 1:13 AM

R33, I thought the same thing but I just checked my cable guide and it has "New" stamped on Wendy's listing for tomorrow, so maybe it won't be a rerun.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2018 2:56 AM

She always says a Jennifer Gardener instead of Garner.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2018 4:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2018 7:42 AM

She might have some serious health issues. Her speak speed has been significanly slower than 2016. She has problem with memorizing lines and reading TelePrompT now. She was not like this years again. If you compare her shows before 2016 to the current ones on YouTube, you can see the huge difference. I think something must happen last year ( drugs , disease or family issue) made her brain fall apart. Her show becomes unwatchable now

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2018 8:21 AM

R37, typo, she was not like this just several years ago

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2018 8:23 AM

This fool came on today and did nothing but whinge about her long commute home during the storm last week. She was in a warm car with a driver, and she is complaining. Okay, it sucked for you but think about the school kids trapped in buses, etc. Also, let her compare her situation to the people in CA with their homes burned down. Boohoo!

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2018 4:49 PM

Lowest common dreck for the lowest common denominators.

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2018 5:45 PM

r37, I also think that Wendy is often times not interested in the topics her staff gives her to discuss. She is given these topics in her makeup chair and I'm sure her first time reading and discussing this stuff is when she hits the air. That's why she seems delayed at times, and plus she has health issues. Oprah had a similar thing going on in the last few years of her show; you could tell she was just phoning it in. Her producers did all the work and she was just rolled out there.

Wendy might be common dreck now, but when she was on the radio was one of a kind IMO. For years she was my go to for juicy gay gossip, especially for gay and lesbian people of color. She had a true passion for that. She might not be as excited about daytime topics, but she is a fixture on TV now so she'll just ride it out.

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2018 9:42 PM

It's drugs I bet.

by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2018 11:11 PM

Wendy is scum. Today she was laughing at Mel B, who has a book coming out which details her marriage to that Belafonte guy, her relationship with Eddie Murphy, the threesome rumors, etc. While talking about Mel's drug use, Wendy had no sympathy and was amused by everything. She is the same person who was extolling her foundation, on her show last week, which supposedly helps young women with drug issues. Plus, Wendy went through her own issues with coke early in her radio career. Have some sympathy, you dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2018 12:17 AM

total trash

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2018 2:46 AM

She was out today - a rerun came on instead of the new, live episode that the TV listing showed. She's been acting off for the last month or so and sitting in that chair in the audience a lot. Wonder if they will be another announcement that she needs time off again.

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2018 2:58 PM

If the bitch could spit out a sentence without stuttering or losing her train of thought, I might watch more.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2018 4:51 PM

Wendy must have found out that folks have noticed that she's been sitting a lot more, and she started today's show with a rant. She started the show by telling the viewers that it's her show and she'll do whatever she wants. She said that she's a worker and she does a lot that no one knows about, overnight trips and doing things for her foundation after the show and all this activity takes a toll, so if she wants to sit, she'll sit. She also said that she will cry, clear her throat, burp cause that's the way she rolls. The audience gave her a loud round of applause, which is no surprise. This whole tirade was a variation of "kiss my black ass".

I didn't feel sorry for her at all. This "boohoo, I work hard so give me a break" just made me annoyed at her. If you're so worn out that standing up on your primary job is a chore, then slow down with the other things.

by Anonymousreply 47December 11, 2018 5:36 PM

Data Lounge is overrun by racist caucasian men and Frau's. ...they will never give a minority kudos. For anything....jealous tramps

by Anonymousreply 48December 11, 2018 5:48 PM

r47 it is kind of odd that Wendy, after fully collapsing on live television, would feel the need to explain why she is sitting for most of her shows. Even if she didn't do all those extracurricular activities, everyone knows she has health issues. Sometimes she needs to just not address the peanut gallery of comments.

by Anonymousreply 49December 11, 2018 6:47 PM

What was weird was the way she addressed the situation. Instead of coming out and saying it came to her attention that viewers have noticed that she's sitting and she appreciates the concern. she came out angry. She sat down and stared into the camera and basically said mind yo business, it's my show and screw you haters.

by Anonymousreply 50December 11, 2018 7:36 PM

On the show though she's always saying she leaves the house at 5 in the morning and is back in her home in Jersey by 12pm with the curtains shut....

Obviously she has a lot of health and drug issues in her past, I don't know why she thinks she can suddenly change her tune and lie to her audience when she literally collapsed on TV.

You just know her producers are getting a bit antsy that they renewed her through 2020 a few years ago. I wonder if she'll even make it.

by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2018 8:00 PM

[R47]

True...i hope she's not ill,longterm drug use destroys your body,even if you no longer partake in it.I remember that Whitney show with Wendy,who admitted it could be her in a tub.....i was gobsmacked

by Anonymousreply 52December 11, 2018 8:03 PM

She had Martha Stewart on today for 2 segments (17 minutes in total which is a big guest spot for Wendy) and god the difference between them was atrocious. 77 year old Martha is direct, concise, funny, charming, and promotes her product well. Involves the audience and speaks to them at times, doesn't shy away from any topic. Walking all around, telling stories, no awkward pauses, doing all her bougie crafts.

And then you have Wendy who is supposed to be the host but can barely string a few words together, cannot structure a conversation, lets slip inappropriate (and incorrect) questions at bad times, frequently sits there with her mouth hanging open just not knowing what to ask, cannot stand up or follow basic crafting... how did someone who spent half their life on the radio get so bad at simply talking?

by Anonymousreply 53December 12, 2018 4:44 AM

Jerry needs to come back, pronto.

by Anonymousreply 54December 12, 2018 1:22 PM

She definitely has focusing issues.

by Anonymousreply 55December 12, 2018 3:32 PM

Her boobs are too big and gross. Surely she has constant back pain, and she chose that?

by Anonymousreply 56December 12, 2018 3:36 PM

I check Wendy's Youtube channel every once in a while and the comments there are a treasure. I'd say about 30% of the comments are pro-Wendy, but the other 70% speak their minds on everything Wendy does. They comment on her clothes, whether Hot Topics was good or bad, they wonder about Wendy's husband and his sidepiece.

A few days ago, some people were speculating that Wendy may have something called "breast implant illness". The symptoms are brain fog and unsteadiness and a bunch of other things. They may be right.

by Anonymousreply 57December 12, 2018 3:58 PM

Wendy seems clinically depressed.

by Anonymousreply 58December 12, 2018 4:04 PM

During the Hot Topics segment, Wendy advised that she's going to be choosing her gossip topics more carefully and not being as shady as she used to be because (paraphrase) "words can get you fired these days and I like this job". I wonder if this is why she still never addressed recent stories like Cardi B splitting from her husband, Nicki Minaj's pedophile boyfriend and other current gossip. Instead she fills up the Hot Topics time with shit like Real Housewives and Demi Lovato (!?). What happened to her motto "say it like you mean it".

by Anonymousreply 59December 12, 2018 4:16 PM

Wendy needs a nap and a better research team. She had Nick Cannon on today - at one point, she asked him "does your father still have all his hair?" No, Wendy , Nick's father died two years ago. Instead of schooling her, Nick just answered "yes" and moved on. Dumb cow.

by Anonymousreply 60December 13, 2018 12:18 AM

A long time ago, I remember Wendy confessing that, yes, it was me, in the Bronx, parked in my Bentley at 3 in the morning. I was eating take-out from my favorite restaurant. Bullshit girl. You was buying drugs.

by Anonymousreply 61December 13, 2018 12:32 AM

A free weeks ago Wendy went off on Elton John of all people. Elton had canceled a show due to doctor’s orders but Wendy called him a liar, said he enjoyed being shitty to his fans.

Huh???? Absolutely NO evidence.

She kept referring to him as a “diva.” You could tell that she was getting a little thrill out of using the word about a gay man

Oh, and with NicknCannon, she said the F word (the gay slur) about four times and had to be bleeped each time.

FUCK OFF WENDY WILLIAMS

by Anonymousreply 62December 13, 2018 12:40 AM

She used to be fun to watching her rag on people and diva it up but now, like many have mentioned, there is a tonal shift to her on air persona. its almost like she's beeb shunned by all and is just senile and bitter all the while trying to save face.

by Anonymousreply 63December 13, 2018 1:00 AM

Oh well ,the effects of a bad marriage and drugs.

I still feel like this latest Wendy assault is from those wanting her throne.Perez is that you...... Funny white male gossip columnist used to shun TV....now i guess Wendy's number 1 position looks mighty tasty.

by Anonymousreply 64December 13, 2018 1:09 AM

"Wait Wut! y'all just gunna stop loving me after I've been bitching about bitches for you for all these years. You know what, screw Uuu. I don't need you phags". Anyways, next. *bats eyelashes, sucks teeth, purses lips*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 13, 2018 4:18 AM

If she comes back next year, I will be shocked. She is on a definite decline and seems unwilling to acknowledge it - all the chairs in the world will not help her. She just keeps showing up looking out of it, and no one on the staff seems to be trying to help her. I know they need a paycheck but watching Wendy break down is painful.

by Anonymousreply 66December 16, 2018 1:00 AM

R48 way to play the race card! Criticizing someone's work ethic (or lack thereof) is not being racist, even if the person is black.

by Anonymousreply 67December 16, 2018 1:34 AM

Somewhere along the line the show just stopped being fun. She lost weight and she started hawking her clothing line and she just didn't seem as relatable. There's nothing wrong with losing weight, but her personality just seems kind of brittle right now.

She's not your next door neighbor anymore, she's become very remote. I hope she comes back some day.

by Anonymousreply 68December 16, 2018 2:06 AM

r66 Wendy will probably have to get cancelled to leave this show, I highly doubt she's leaving unless she has a terminal illness or something like that.

I think Wendy just needs to focus more on her show. It's nice that she has 10 other jobs, but when you are on live TV doing hot topics we don't care. She needs to get back to basics and stop overworking herself before her health issues put her completely out of commission.

by Anonymousreply 69December 16, 2018 3:29 AM

I noticed today that she and Bethanny Franken have the same cheek implants . They’re like these little hard balls . So different than other stars’ . I wonder why ? Are they just old school? They must be impossible to replace now or something as you’d think they’d have rotated them out to something more natural . It seems like an old style .

by Anonymousreply 70December 16, 2018 6:47 AM

When Wendy trots out at the beginning of her show, I find myself wondering about the amount of tailoring that must be done on her outfits. Friday she had on a white stretch top, which made her ridiculous boobs look even more massive and I blanked out on everything except where the hell does her dresser get those clothes? She is an unnatural shape - tall with thin long legs, no hips, short torso and G cups. There must be a team of seamstresses to adapt the pieces she wears.

by Anonymousreply 71December 16, 2018 5:28 PM

r71, she has said herself that she is shaped like a capital P lol.

by Anonymousreply 72December 16, 2018 7:22 PM

She referred to the next two years, when her contract is up, and I sensed she's out of there when the contract runs out.

The "new" Wendy just said she would not get out of the car to get that money blowing across Route 3, but the "old" Wendy would have been out of her car lickety-split...!

by Anonymousreply 73December 16, 2018 7:44 PM

What's up with her lighting up the Slim Jim with her cigarette lighter?

by Anonymousreply 74December 16, 2018 7:49 PM

There's an interesting thread on LSA about Wendy Williams right now . Someone who knows someone that works for the show claimed she passed out again last Thursday after the show, and that Wendy is gravely ill but in denial. That's why there were no new shows for Friday and Monday. Reruns played those 2 days.

On today's episode, Wendy has returned with a sling on and claims she accidentally fell or something.

by Anonymousreply 75December 18, 2018 3:46 PM

Is anyone else here in the NY metro area? After Wendy at 10 is The Real followed by Page 6 TV and TMZ. I've started noticing that the stories WW brings up in HT are the same ones discussed by P6TV and TMZ. Perhaps TPTB are forcing topics on Wendy and that's why she seems uninterested.

Also, what happened to the white guy that used to work with Norman the guy she constantly goes to cuz she's got CRS?

by Anonymousreply 76December 18, 2018 5:11 PM

The white male producer was fired during the blowback when Wendy criticized black colleges a while ago

by Anonymousreply 77December 18, 2018 5:14 PM

What’s going on with Suzanne? Apparently Wendy and Suzanne, the producer who appears onscreen, are friends....yet Wendy knew that Suzanne’s husband, who also works on the show, was/is having an affair with the show’s receptionist????

What in the hell is going on over there?

by Anonymousreply 78December 18, 2018 5:16 PM

R75 she might have just fallen, even before her health issues she was very clumsy and that top heavy body doesn't help. I remember when she was on WBLS, which is now over 10 years ago, she fell and got a fracture in her foot. She was in a boot and on crutches for most of the winter. She is very fall and accident prone.

by Anonymousreply 79December 18, 2018 5:23 PM

r76, Wendy probably doesn't bring topics to discuss to the producers like she used to when the TV show started. I think that's the difference, now she only discusses what they bring to her because she is so busy and probably doesn't even read tabloids anymore. But you can tell she is not interested in most of the things she discusses now.

by Anonymousreply 80December 18, 2018 5:24 PM

Wow, Wendy didn't walk one step on camera today. Instead of her skipping out at the beginning of the show, there was a screen made to look like an Xmas box and they pulled it away and she was already sitting in her chair. Then she explained the shoulder thing. A shoulder injury doesn't stop a person from walking, so all these shenanigans are just so she can be seated. Now I'm going to be watching to see how creative they get to keep Wendy in her chair.

by Anonymousreply 81December 18, 2018 9:14 PM

OP = Wendy herself.

She’s an ugly woman who looks like a man. She body looks so weird with that very flat ass. Everything comes out of her mouth is garbage

by Anonymousreply 82December 18, 2018 9:17 PM

R82, can't you think of something original to say?

by Anonymousreply 83December 18, 2018 9:20 PM

R83 I just had to vent out my “original” thought of that whale. Sorry to have hurt your feeling, Wendy or whoever the fuck you are.

by Anonymousreply 84December 18, 2018 9:43 PM

That was a nice apology

by Anonymousreply 85December 18, 2018 10:07 PM

She had a stroke when she passed out the first time in the Lady Liberty costume.

Her balance is off, her speech is slurred, her memory is foggy, and now she's constantly seated and not standing. All symptoms of a stroke victim.

by Anonymousreply 86December 19, 2018 12:58 AM

I'm wondering if she MS or some other muscle disease. I believe after she collapsed in October 2017, her doctor's took her off her vegan diet. She seems to have put on a few pounds since then. She's also been wearing sneakers and flat shoes lately, not that she ever wore stilletos.

I'm working from home today so I'll watch to see what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 87December 19, 2018 12:00 PM

Try as she might, she cannot outrun the slow but steady drumbeat of her hard-earned karma.

by Anonymousreply 88December 19, 2018 12:31 PM

When I lived in NYC I went to a Thursday taping (I remember the day of the week because afterwords they asked the audience if they wanted to stick around for the Friday taping) ((NOPE)) I never really watched her before and this was merely on a list of shows to do.... My initial reaction when she came out was JESUS H. CHRIST, she is all TITS. One thing to see on TV, but in person her body shape is just weird.

S Epatha from SVU was the guest in case anyone cares.

by Anonymousreply 89December 19, 2018 12:39 PM

I truly hope I'm wrong but I don't think she's well. You could tell she was in a lot of pain today plus she's doing whole shows sitting down now. Something's just not right.

by Anonymousreply 90December 20, 2018 5:36 AM

Something is going on. And it's not just physical (CERTAINLY not simply a broken shoulder), look at the mental signs as well..

According to twitter and youtube the show was cancelled today 30 minutes before the audience walked in. A show aired (the guests were The Lox) but was pre-recorded from yesterday, and they apparently cut the clip where it looked like she was talking with a mouth full of glue about how she can't wait for the break. If you watch that interview there is a LOT of dead air, and they don't cut ONCE to Wendy in closeup, the camera only sits on the Lox or sometimes gets Wendy in a wide shot. Even when the Lox perform, the camera does not cut to her in the audience like they usually do (even yesterday with Clay Aiken and Reuben Studdard, and that was still with her sitting down and her 'broken shoulder').

There has to be some reason she's not even showing her arm in a sling, and is wearing baggy sweaters with the arm completely hidden from view. Normally with an injury like that she'd have her art department bling out the sling with pink diamontes. To me it's either domestic abuse (anyone who knows anything about Kevin should not be surprised), some sort of neurological problem (possibly stroke resultant) that has had a physical component - like sometimes when a patient's arm will curve and stay. Or maybe she had an issue with her breast implants? They can rupture, and the baggy sweaters are covering her whole torso area as well as the arm. You can't see anything and even in a baggy jumper she's usually bursting through.

Did Brendan really cheat on Susanne? That's bizarre, they've been together for more than 2 decades (they met on the Rosie O'Donnell show).

by Anonymousreply 91December 21, 2018 3:21 AM

I'm worried too, though she said on today's show that they were taping Friday's show and then they're off for two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 92December 21, 2018 3:25 AM

Brendan is sexy, I’m sure that he has to fight off the pussy left and right

by Anonymousreply 93December 21, 2018 3:27 AM

Yeah, Brendan is pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 94December 21, 2018 3:30 AM

I skimmed through the show from Dec. 19, 2018. It is really odd how she's not even walking on stage now and completely hiding her shoulder and right arm under a shirt (rather than show a bedazzled shoulder cast). This is becoming like Weekend at Bernie's. They're just propping her up and rolling her out.

by Anonymousreply 95December 21, 2018 4:16 AM

Pray for her.

by Anonymousreply 96December 21, 2018 4:31 AM

Of course she couldn’t resist humiliating Reuben by talking about his ex. She’s so fucking tacky.

by Anonymousreply 97December 21, 2018 4:46 AM

She was also talking shit on his career? Saying the ex expected a big come up and got with him for money but then implying he wasn't that successful and could barely land any gigs? And she kept *probing* at it.

However true that might be, I can't imagine being at death's door with a million scandals of my own, unable to move or speak properly, and STILL treating my own guests like utter shit. Especially when Reuben is so timid and unassuming and didn't want to cause any trouble. Clay did a good job intervening, but how much bad karma does this bitch wanna have?

The weekend at Bernie's comparison is very accurate.

by Anonymousreply 98December 21, 2018 5:10 AM

I dont know what the cocaine was laced with in the 1970s and 1980s but I noticed those people now seem to be heading off to their home with God now.

All the former coke heads are dying off.

by Anonymousreply 99December 21, 2018 5:14 AM

Her show sucks now. She always had a negative energy to her, especially when she was on the radio. I think her parents will outlive her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 21, 2018 5:49 AM

Wendy tried to ask Roseanne Barr about ex-husband Tom Arnold. (This was after The Daily Mail ran its story and photos about WW's husband and his long-term other woman.) Roseanne said, "We don't like to talk about husbands, do we, Wendy?" and gave WW this look:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 21, 2018 5:55 AM

Another unscheduled rerun today, a repeat of the season 10 opening show.

I guess she wasn't up to taping a second show yesterday. Damn, I hope she's OK.

by Anonymousreply 102December 21, 2018 2:15 PM

Reminds me of Jessica Savitch.

by Anonymousreply 103December 21, 2018 2:28 PM

Too bizarre. Pull the plug. The show sucks now anyway. No big loss.

by Anonymousreply 104December 21, 2018 3:09 PM

Maybe she’s being poisoned by her husband. She still wouldn’t leave him though.

by Anonymousreply 105December 21, 2018 3:09 PM

So she’s stumbling over reading simple sentences off of The TelePrompTer, she can’t use one of her arms, and she can’t walk....

Trouble.

by Anonymousreply 106December 21, 2018 3:37 PM

I hope two weeks' rest does her good, even though she has said she has a busy schedule off camera

by Anonymousreply 107December 21, 2018 3:44 PM

Jessica Savitch also had an abusive husband and a thinly veiled substance abuse problem... not a bad comparison. I'd be shocked if she makes it to 2020.

Also to the people suggesting that Wendy has spread herself too thin, she used to do TV, the radio, and even Broadway at the same time. Filming cameos in movies, magazine stuff, her brand, and this was when her kid was younger. Nowadays she's an empty nester and does nothing except the show and occasionally press here and there.

She's never been less involved with her HSN line (in fact this is the longest gap she's gone without even promoting it, nothing for the Xmas season is unusual and i'm thinking she may have dropped it after her on-air collapse). She just does the show and goes home. So I don't think her schedule is as busy as she's suggesting.

by Anonymousreply 108December 21, 2018 3:46 PM

R108 - Oh, no, Wendy schooled us on how busy her life is. On the day she berated the viewers for wondering why she's been sitting so much, she ranted about how we have no idea that she goes on overnight trips at the drop of a hat to promote her drug prevention foundation, she's on the go all the time and all that activity takes a toll and she will sit if she wants to.

by Anonymousreply 109December 21, 2018 4:21 PM

I was listening to a podcastter who was discussing Wendy and they brought up something that makes sense to me. They said that Wendy is continuing to do the show despite her health issues because she is thinking about all the people who work there. She realizes if there is no show, a lot of people who get a paycheck will be compromised. Suzanne and Norman, the shady cameramen, that DJ who hypes up the audience, the makeup and wardrobe staff, etc. will be worrying about taking care of their families, bills, etc.

I can see that knowledge weighing on Wendy and her trying to be selfless, but she's gotta know when to draw a line.

by Anonymousreply 110December 21, 2018 5:51 PM

R110, I’ve watched Wendy for years—she is not as selfless as you think. She really doesn’t care about the people who make the show happen which is obvious by the way that she interacts with them in backstage videos posted online. She breezes past them, can’t be bothered to learn their names, and can’t get into her car fast enough.

Maybe Oprah or Ellen might think about the best interests of their show staffs but not Wendy.

by Anonymousreply 111December 21, 2018 6:23 PM

These all seem like neurological issues like Parkinson’s or MS or something similar . Or as someone else mentioned mini strokes . It’s sad . I just don’t know why she won’t say something. I don’t think it’s just pain pills or meds .

by Anonymousreply 112December 21, 2018 6:40 PM

Wendy Whaleiams is a fat whale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 21, 2018 6:42 PM

[quote]Maybe Oprah or Ellen might think about the best interests of their show staffs but not Wendy.

Ellen??? She makes Wendy seem like a saint by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 114December 21, 2018 6:43 PM

Wendy has been busted being mean, on air, to Suzanne. The WW show watchers really like Suzanne and will post comments when they feel bad about something that happens to Suzanne. IMO, WW is also disrespectful to Norman (guy with glasses), who seems like an absolute sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 115December 21, 2018 7:17 PM

Wendy cares about money. I bet she keeps doing the show, because she needs the money and for that she has to honor the contract requirements.

I am surprised that she still has fans (but then so has Donald Trump as POTUS *shoulder shrug*). She fucked up last year for being so dismissive towards her guest host Jerry O'Connell who filled in for her while she recovered. I think she really doesn't give a fuck anymore to even pretend to like what she's doing (and her audience). She's probably sicker than she wants to admit, but still values money (and power?) more than her own health.

by Anonymousreply 116December 21, 2018 7:54 PM

R110 are you crazy? The same Wendy who fires any unrelated staff member as soon as the shit hits the fan just because she puts her foot in her mouth? THIS person cares about their staff? The woman who has gone through 4 makeup artists in 10 seasons? This season alone she fired her long time wardrobe person and security man. Those two were there from almost day 1.

All these people have worked on other shows before Wendy, and will go on to work on other shows after Wendy. Like I said upthread Brendan and Susanne met on the Rosie show and they're still working together 20+ years later. Half the camera and sound crew also work other gigs, like special BET events, award ceremonies, etc. The show is packed up by 12 o'clock and half of them move on to other jobs.

Wendy is stupid but she's not dumb (or selfless) enough to sacrifice her own health for the financial wellbeing of a few minions who she doesn't even talk to. Especially when they make stock for their salary and she and her do-nothing husband count more than $10 million per season.

by Anonymousreply 117December 21, 2018 10:03 PM

I actually love that Wendy will randomly chat or joke with biting commentary toward her staff or even audience members on the show. The show is really Wendy and Friends.

The difference is Wendy Williams doesn't pretend to be nice or righteous like an Oprah or Ellen. The fun about Wendy is she openly admits to being a batty hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 118December 22, 2018 6:06 AM

Really thinking of her and pulling for her.

by Anonymousreply 119December 22, 2018 10:00 PM

Love Me or Leave Me.

by Anonymousreply 120December 23, 2018 12:18 AM

Funny how today's show was the rerun of her defending her sitting down all the time know.

by Anonymousreply 121December 24, 2018 3:21 PM

She is also battling menopause which can affect ones hormones and give you meltdowns. Hers just happen to be live and on air.

by Anonymousreply 122December 24, 2018 3:56 PM

With her big head, hands and feet, long skinny legs and fake titties, she looks like Laverne Cox. A bad impersonation of Cox.

by Anonymousreply 123December 24, 2018 4:28 PM

The latest rumor is that the husband's mistress is pregnant and that her arm got hurt while fighting the husband after Wendy got wind of the baby news.

by Anonymousreply 124December 24, 2018 4:43 PM

Wendy is UGLAY

by Anonymousreply 125December 25, 2018 4:32 PM

Which house does her husband sleep at tonight? Wendy's or the other woman's?

by Anonymousreply 126December 25, 2018 9:26 PM

I'm starting to think there is a problem (like posters upthread mentioned) with Wendy's breast implants. Her chest does appear smaller. What I don't understand is why she can't just put prostheses in there to maintain a consistent look.

by Anonymousreply 127December 25, 2018 9:31 PM

It seems that some people have genuine antipathy for her.

by Anonymousreply 128December 25, 2018 10:14 PM

Did she die?

by Anonymousreply 129December 25, 2018 10:24 PM

She will always be in my heart!

by Anonymousreply 130December 26, 2018 2:43 AM

I understand that nobody gives a shot whether this very manly looking woman is alive or die and nobody likes her. Her husband and son hate her to the core.

by Anonymousreply 131December 26, 2018 3:39 AM

“Dead” not die typo

by Anonymousreply 132December 26, 2018 4:01 AM

Does she have a stutter? Maybe one that's somehow resurfacing? I had a terrible stutter as a child (it rears its ugly head every now and then still - when I'm super nervous) and in the clip at R130 it reminded me of that.

Or, it's a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 133December 26, 2018 4:23 AM

Er, R100

by Anonymousreply 134December 26, 2018 4:25 AM

Ooop. She might not have to pay him if the mistress IS pregnant. Also this part made me laugh out loud:

The Wendy Williams insider also told addressed concerns about her health. "She’s wobbly all the time, and has been cussing out Whoopi Goldberg behind-the-scenes — without Whoopi being anywhere near."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 27, 2018 2:54 AM

BET is the only source reporting she's getting a divorce. Is that because it's not true or because people really don't care. Seems like something like that would be reported by more outlets

by Anonymousreply 136December 27, 2018 2:59 AM

Love B Scott (a generally reliable source for black news) was the first to break it, i'm sure it'll be spread around soon. There has already been a lot of smoke about a potential baby so this might be the fire now.

by Anonymousreply 137December 27, 2018 3:08 AM

She's back on Monday 1/07 and I am really curious to see if she'll still be sitting, if she's still keeping her arm covered, and if she talks about the shitstorm of gossip about her husband and the mistress. Probably not - Wendy hates to talk about herself but will drag other celebrities through the mud in a second.

by Anonymousreply 138January 4, 2019 5:42 AM

New rumor -- Wendy has delayed her return a week and pushed it from Jan. 7 to January 14th. Ooooh, interesting. Must need more time to figure out how to explain the husband/sidepiece rumors.

by Anonymousreply 139January 6, 2019 12:45 AM

Oooh! That's interesting!

by Anonymousreply 140January 6, 2019 12:54 AM

^^ the suspense is building child. Wendy has some splainin to do upon her return. She can't blame her show going dark for a week on the government shutdown! 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 6, 2019 12:55 AM

Entertainment Tonight Canada ran a story about this! Everyone wants to know if WW will discuss the rumors!

The heat is on!

by Anonymousreply 142January 6, 2019 2:24 AM

Wendy's social media accounts announced that the show is indeed not returning on the 7th and will be returning Jan.14. As crazy as this all is getting, I feel like the first returning show will give her her highest ratings ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 6, 2019 4:43 AM

They also deleted their posts from yesterday announcing her Jan.7 return.

by Anonymousreply 144January 6, 2019 4:47 AM

I think she may put out a press release just before she comes back to the show. It will say that the press has painted a picture of problems in her marriage, her health issues, etc. She will give some vague positive declarations and explain that when she returns to the show, this subject will not be addressed. So, when she finally sits in the purple chair, she won't bring up any of the rumors about the mistress, that mystery baby, the sale of the home, her health issues. Then she will continue to rag on OTHER people during Hot Topics. Hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 145January 6, 2019 4:45 PM

R145 Exactly - This will be just like last time when the original rumors started - She will say nothing and just point to her wedding ring - She’s a hypocrite - This is when I was done with her - Don’t sit out there everyday casting shade on everyone else but when the drama heats up in your own life refuse to discuss it - Cop out

by Anonymousreply 146January 6, 2019 4:52 PM

Oh god, I just had a horrible thought - to reinforce how good the marriage really is/shut up the haters, she walks out hand-in-hand with Kevin on the day she returns. They kiss on the lips, and he walks off-camera as the studio audience goes wild. I would lose my breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 147January 6, 2019 5:19 PM

I believe in KARMA

by Anonymousreply 148January 6, 2019 5:27 PM

R147 I think I would actually throw up. I know the audience on her show is extremely sycophantic but I would LOVE it if they booed.

by Anonymousreply 149January 6, 2019 6:33 PM

She should book a megastar guest who does something outrageous on the show to try to manipulate the press. Can she call in any favors? Is she friends with Beyoncé? Oprah? Barack?

by Anonymousreply 150January 6, 2019 7:51 PM

I can only imagine the viewer numbers when she comes back. She is watched internationally and all of the gossip of the last 2-3 weeks has only stoked the fires of curiosity and people want to see her first words when she comes onstage. She better get all her shit together before she comes through those double doors on 1/14/19.

One thing: she will be a hypocrite if she's still sitting. She said she was sitting because she gets worn out from all of the things she does behind the scenes, like run her foundation. If she comes back from a 3 week hiatus and she's STILL sitting, that won't make any kind of sense.

by Anonymousreply 151January 6, 2019 7:58 PM

R150 they won’t like trash show. 99% of her guests are B, C D listers

by Anonymousreply 152January 6, 2019 8:04 PM

Wonder how Wendy is liking that R. Kelly special. Oh, remember how she cried on live TV as she told how she met him one one last year and he told her some sob story about how he can't read, he's broke, etc.? Then she completely turned around on him a few months later and did a story about him with complete disdain in her voice. She is so wishy-washy on her opinions that she may have sympathy for this garbage person again.

NOTE: She did the same turnaround for Beyonce - putting her down, sniping that she's practically illiterate, then she dubbed her "the greatest entertainer ever - better than Prince and Michael Jackson" a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 153January 6, 2019 8:12 PM

^^ cried on live TV as she told how she met him one NIGHT last year and he told her some sob story

by Anonymousreply 154January 6, 2019 8:14 PM

According to this Page Six story she says "I’ve never taken a pain medication in my life (except when I got snatched over 20 years ago)".

I have difficulty believing anyone her age, with one child and multiple miscarriages, etc. has never taken a single pain killer, but it is possible.

Except for when she got snatched? Did she get kidnapped? She is clearly not in her right mind from the pain and does need some R&R.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 7, 2019 4:50 AM

My dvr is recording this morning's show, thinking it's new, but it is a rerun...

by Anonymousreply 156January 7, 2019 2:21 PM

Aww, your DVR sounds about as smart as WW.

by Anonymousreply 157January 8, 2019 12:50 PM

Another reschedule -- now she won't be returning until 1/21.

by Anonymousreply 158January 10, 2019 4:24 AM

Will she make it out of 2019?

by Anonymousreply 159January 10, 2019 11:30 AM

R158, she's in 'danger' isn't she? Lol

by Anonymousreply 160January 10, 2019 12:24 PM

This new delay...not a good sign.

How long will producers and the affiliates put up with her erratic behavior?

by Anonymousreply 161January 14, 2019 1:29 PM

She will so not issue a press release. The ratings of her first episode will be through the roof and expectations will be high (she would ruin that with announcing that she will not dignify any media reports about her private life). She will make a short statement on air and that will be it and her die-hard fans will declare that that was more than enough.

by Anonymousreply 162January 14, 2019 1:34 PM

[quote]Except for when she got snatched? Did she get kidnapped?

The article in People says this part was in reference to her past crack addiction, but that doesn't really make sense because she was talking about painkillers. I think she may have been talking about one of her myriad plastic surgeries ("snatched" = drag slang for beautiful).

by Anonymousreply 163January 14, 2019 1:56 PM

I’m confused. Heather McDonald just tweeted from backstage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 14, 2019 2:24 PM

What is wrong with Heather? She looks anorexic!

by Anonymousreply 165January 14, 2019 2:26 PM

Oh, I see...there is a show, but no Wendy. It’s just a live panel show all week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 14, 2019 2:28 PM

I just watched the first show with the panel of 'hot talkers'. It was Heather McDonald (don't know her), Don Lemon, Judge Faith Evans and some other woman whose name I didn't catch. They did all of the usual Wendy segments - Hot Topics. Trendy at Wendy, a Golden Globes fashion bit with Robert Verdi, and Don went into the audience to do Sound Off. It was okay.

I agree with R162, but I think some people will stop watching because they're disgusted with Wendy being a hypocrite. Others will stay because they're interested in seeing if the decline of WW continues and they want a front row seat. I will be in the latter.

by Anonymousreply 167January 14, 2019 3:09 PM

Please tell me that Don Lemon didn't do the "How you doin" thing with his hands! CRINGE!!

by Anonymousreply 168January 14, 2019 3:14 PM

Well R168, he says the words, but not in any usual exaggerated, obnoxious way, and he doesn't do any hand gestures.

by Anonymousreply 169January 14, 2019 3:25 PM

I would laugh so hard if the producers decided to substitute Wendy with a sassy and smart black woman like Lisa Nicole Brown or Mony Love or Nicole Byer. That would get Wendy off the couch and back into the studio but quick!

by Anonymousreply 170January 14, 2019 4:28 PM

The rest of the week will have different guest hosts - tomorrow is some guy named Roy Wood, Jr. and they showed a young, light skinned black female (she's been on the show in the past doing a gossip segment), so they're not shying away from WOC.

by Anonymousreply 171January 14, 2019 4:40 PM

[quote]I would laugh so hard if the producers decided to substitute Wendy with a [bold]sassy[/bold] and smart black woman

🤮

by Anonymousreply 172January 14, 2019 4:46 PM

Mario Cantone and Mrs Stephanopolous trying to out-scream each other

by Anonymousreply 173January 15, 2019 2:10 PM

Don Lemon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 15, 2019 4:43 PM

Start brewing the tea - Wendy is taking MORE time off because of her Graves disease. Yeah, right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175January 18, 2019 5:46 PM

I've never been into her, and her enormous boobs are detracting. They're so big they need their own separate zip code.

by Anonymousreply 176January 18, 2019 6:06 PM

Oh dear.

That staff would be wise to start sending out resumes today.

by Anonymousreply 177January 18, 2019 6:52 PM

One week it's her shoulder, now it's her Graves disease. How about they stop bullshitting their viewers and just say she needs personal time, whatever ? So irritating.

by Anonymousreply 178January 18, 2019 8:20 PM

He needs to admit he is a drag queen and get on about his business. Is he really married or is it all a sham? Tell the truth WW. Did the mistress move to get away from WW. Surely some of the gossip mongers know the truth. Come on spill.

by Anonymousreply 179January 18, 2019 8:30 PM

Well fuck. I think this season is over after they finish the guest host schtick.

by Anonymousreply 180January 18, 2019 8:36 PM

When the ratings crater, they will not hesitate to give her show to someone else

by Anonymousreply 181January 19, 2019 2:40 AM

R181, I've been wondering about that -- i.e., will they continue the 4-host panel (which worked pretty well this week) or, if Wendy's absence goes on too long, will they decide it's time to hand the show over to just a singular host like Jerry O'Connell (or if not him, somebody else). And of course, the question would then become, if the ratings improve with that person, would they give the show back to her once she was ready to return.

by Anonymousreply 182January 19, 2019 2:49 AM

I'm available...!

by Anonymousreply 183January 19, 2019 6:23 AM

No more of that pushy Ali Wentworth please. She grates.

by Anonymousreply 184January 19, 2019 9:03 PM

Do you think Kevin is responsible for Wendy’s shoulder?

by Anonymousreply 185January 20, 2019 4:40 AM

It wouldn't surprise me.

If so, press charges, Wendy!

by Anonymousreply 186January 20, 2019 3:44 PM

So depending on how long she's out, which do you all think would work better -- continuing the 4-host panels or getting one person to host?

by Anonymousreply 187January 20, 2019 4:00 PM

As long as they ban Ali Wentworth, I am fine with the panel setup but Jerry was the best as a fill in.

by Anonymousreply 188January 20, 2019 4:09 PM

Suzanne is so annoying. Wishing all the best to Wendy, my 90 year old mother LOVES her some Wendy at 4.

by Anonymousreply 189January 20, 2019 4:32 PM

Does your mom think Kelvin is an abuser? Or does she just enjoy the show without all the backstage drama?

by Anonymousreply 190January 20, 2019 4:39 PM

I think, if they can't always get 4 people, they should also consider just two people hosting a la Kelly and Ryan. Perhaps Don Lemon and Star Jones.

by Anonymousreply 191January 20, 2019 4:45 PM

Star Jones would love that offer I am sure.

by Anonymousreply 192January 20, 2019 4:48 PM

Star Jones! LOL

by Anonymousreply 193January 20, 2019 6:40 PM

Jerry O'Connell seems to be the favorite. He kissed Wendy's and her husband's ass the entire time he was on -- always calling him "Mr. Hunter" and Wendy "Wendy" (not Mrs. Hunter?). But Jerry's too hyper for my taste. He's manic but, funny, and he should be working, but not on a show like this. TV doesn't seem to know what to do with him. That thing he did on Bravo ended in five minutes. He seems gay-friendly in a kind of seductive way, but he needs to tone it down a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 20, 2019 7:35 PM

I thought Jerry was working on his own talk show -- or was that the thing on Bravo you mentioned, R194?

I did think he was a great sub for Wendy and the best choice to sit in for her again should it appear her absence will be long-term.

by Anonymousreply 195January 20, 2019 7:37 PM

With a little prayer and counsel...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196January 20, 2019 7:57 PM

Yes R195, that was his "Real Men Watch Bravo" show that was supposed to be a talk show but turned into a short-lived train wreck. Given the "Real Men" title, some people thought it homophobic, seeing as Jerry is straight (stifled laugh) and most of the other "Real Men" were as well. It was a dumb concept and deserved its swift death. Unfortunately nothing since then for Jerry. But at least he's on the radar.

by Anonymousreply 197January 20, 2019 8:08 PM

Jerry's Kardashian Costume...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 20, 2019 8:17 PM

She’s coming back tomorrow, according to one of the fill-Ins last week.

by Anonymousreply 199January 20, 2019 8:23 PM

Damn, r199, please try to keep up...

by Anonymousreply 200January 21, 2019 12:54 AM

See r175 for Variety's report on the current status of the show

by Anonymousreply 201January 21, 2019 12:56 AM

I thought it was official that her husband has got his mistress pregnant and that she’s divorcing him. The Graves’ disease thing is a smokescreen.

by Anonymousreply 202January 21, 2019 1:20 AM

Oh definitely. Smokescreen big time. She had a good run. It's all over except for splitting up the cash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 21, 2019 2:13 AM

Latest Blind:

Apparently this is more than just a rehab thing for this alliterate talk show host. It is also a could die kind of thing. Wendy Williams

by Anonymousreply 204January 22, 2019 4:37 PM

One week they have repeats, then next week they have panels, then repeats again. I feel bad for her producers and crew.

by Anonymousreply 205January 22, 2019 5:12 PM

Wendy is brave!

by Anonymousreply 206March 20, 2019 10:58 PM

Who else tensed up when Wendy started coughing and couldn't stop during Hot Topics? Who else started to wonder if Wendy was going to have to stop the live show and take a few minutes to get rid of whatever was happening to her throat/lungs? Anyone else thought "oh hell, here we go again- she ain't well.". Just me?

by Anonymousreply 207April 30, 2019 4:26 PM

If I am home sick, or snowed in or on staycation, I will watch her and Judge Judy. But I can only take Wendy in small doses, like Madonna. She seems only concerned with gossip coming from her mouth. When she interacts with guests or even the audience, she seems impatient and disinterested. Of course, her audience seems to be filled with try-hards and thirsty ones at that.

by Anonymousreply 208April 30, 2019 4:38 PM

I saw on two other gossip sites that Wendy has a new boytoy - a 27 year old guy who had an armed robbery charge back in 2013. You'd think that Wendy is old enough to know not to drop one thug and pick up a new thug, but Wendy says "she doesn't care" about her new boo's past. She has already showed the world that she doesn't have sense when picking men, so this choice is reinforcing the idea that her judgement is still off.

Imagine her doing "Ask Wendy" and someone said "Should I date this cute new guy even though he robbed someone at gunpoint a few years ago?" You know Wendy would roll her eyes and purse her lips at the fool asking this, but she's floating on this cloud of delusion since her divorce, and all her self-respect has flown out the window. I will be SMH when they inevitably break up somewhere in the next couple months. This woman is deranged.

by Anonymousreply 209June 12, 2019 3:46 PM

This is gonna sound sexist as hell, but this latest Wendy mess has me in a catty mood. Wendy is lucky she got those boobs installed because I think those can still pull some guys. Nice boobs can still detract from a beat face in a lot of instances. She has been flaunting them like crazy in the pics with her new BF - low V-neck shirts and flimsy negligee dresses covered by that pink coat. Those boobs, plus, her checkbook.

by Anonymousreply 210June 12, 2019 9:21 PM

R210 Are you patty1h on Primetimer? If so, I did laugh at your edited version.

[quote]This is gonna sound sexist as hell, but this Wendy mess has me in a catty mood. Wendy is lucky she has those boobs installed because I think those can still pull some guys. A large chest can detract from a busted face in some instances.

[quote]She must think she is flaunting her "good points" of her long (lumpy) legs and massive (clownish) cans. She was shown parading around in some really short shorts and deep V-necked shirts. Also, she appeared to have a skimpy negligee on under that stupid pink coat. She just looks desperate. I think it's her checkbook that looks the best in this relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 13, 2019 12:18 AM

Yes, that's me.

by Anonymousreply 212June 13, 2019 4:29 AM

Wendy is back from her 5 week hiatus and it's business as usual on the show. First day back, she was acting all frantic as she told of visiting Kim and Kanye. Then she advised us that she dropped the boy-toy (even though "27 year old guys find me attractive") and is now in love with a doctor. After assuring her audience that this doctor is black/brown, she went on to explain about the machine she uses to combat her swelling legs. Oy.

Today was more name dropping and star fucking - Kris, Kim, Kanye, Naomi Campbell, Blac Chyna, somebody named ASAP Ferg. The audience cheers at each new tidbit: She's invited to Africa and yachts and to Tiffany's and rolling out her new comedy show with her stories in between acts. What addiction and health problems?

After regaling us with her exciting new jet-set life full of fielding calls from this one and accepting safari invites from that one, she tones it down for a second to assure us all that she's still just good old Wendy from NJ. All I could think of is that time she was on Howard Stern's show and accused HIM of "going Hollywood" and befriending celebrities. /Hypocrite bish/

by Anonymousreply 213July 9, 2019 4:28 PM

Wendy let us in on the fact that she will be getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year. Isn't part of the deal that the person has to pay for and maintain their star? Big deal. She is sooo affected now.

by Anonymousreply 214July 9, 2019 5:56 PM

Hot Topics the last 3 days has been a ME! fest by Wendy. She has spent 90% of the HT segment telling us about her wonderful new life. I understand she feels like she has a new lease on life, but she can do that off the air. I don't care what she ate at the restaurant she went to, or her selfie policy.

Some people are under the belief that she's throwing her new, good life out there to make her ex jealous. That is the most immature thing ever, and looks so bad on a 54 year old woman. Wendy needs to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 215July 10, 2019 3:15 PM

Ooof, Wendy seems high today. Laughing and sniggering all during HT, acting all distracted and frantic. There was a few seconds of strangeness from the audience, though. Wendy decided to compliment a well dressed middle-aged woman in the audience, who was dressed in what was supposed to look like a Park Avenue socialites outfit, complete with big black Kentucky Derby hat. The woman was given a microphone and started in on some agenda about her wife in Europe who was sick blah blah.

I guess Wendy sensed that this was going to get out of hand and shut it down, by saying "this is not a political show" and the woman's mike was cut. Then again, I'm not sure it was a bio woman - I think it was a transexual or transvestite. The cheekbones were outrageous. The one exciting minute in the whole hour.

by Anonymousreply 216July 11, 2019 4:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!