Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did that little bitch Anna Paquin really deserve her Best Supporting Actress Oscar?

There were far better performances that year!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2018 11:50 PM

They were a team and they were wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2018 9:22 PM

Poll please

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2018 9:27 PM

Pretty lackluster year.

"Anna Paquin "The Piano"

Emma Thompson "In the Name of the Father"

Holly Hunter "The Firm"

Winona Ryder "The Age of Innocence"

Rosie Perez "Fearless"

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2018 9:29 PM

Hell no!

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2018 9:33 PM

Rosie Perez in Fearless is my choice. WR can't act in anything

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2018 9:36 PM

Winona Ryder was a category fraud

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2018 9:38 PM

If Winona had won would the others claim they were robbed?

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2018 9:51 PM

I agree about Rosie Perez being robbed, R5.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2018 9:52 PM

Winona wasn’t lead in The Age of Innocence?? The reason she worked in that film is because she wasn’t a point-of-view character and things about the character were projected the actress making her seem more skilled than is. Rosie Perez was robbed that year. Paquin is pretty hilarious playing a temptress, but anything else is really hard for me. Her performance in The Piano was pretty enthralling, it just worked but it wasn’t great acting, was behaving- she had all kinds of ticks that can be explained away by childhood— can’t use that now, though.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2018 10:10 PM

[quote]If Winona had won would the others claim they were robbed?

Winny won the Golden Globe. Perez is one dimensional and has given the same performance since.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2018 12:57 AM

Bullshit. Winona was chilling as May; perfectly cast.

Pfeiffer was the lead with her 80s perm, and was also really good. When will someone cast her in a role worth her talent again?

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2018 12:59 AM

I'm not sure she was the best, but Paquin was really really good. It was not exactly a travesty.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2018 1:02 AM

Rosie Perez was fantastic. I would have voted for her.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2018 1:04 AM

Winona Ryder was well used, probably her best work, but that was more due to Scorcese than Ryder. Perez was good, but not oustanding. Didn't see Hunter or Thompson. Of the three I saw, Paquin was in the mix. I didn't find her as compelling as Tatum O'Neal in Paper Moon, but I wouldn't call her winning a travesty. It was a good kid performance.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2018 1:11 AM

no.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2018 10:54 PM

I'll tell ya what she deserved. She -

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2018 10:57 PM

Little puta stole my fucking award.

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2018 11:01 PM

I didn't get one either...I was robbed I tell ya!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2018 11:03 PM

Rosie Perez.

She hasn’t given as good a performance since, but in Fearless she is powerfully moving.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2018 11:07 PM

Any gossip about Anna Paquin or her husband Stephen Moyer (Vampire Bill)?

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2018 11:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!