Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Bryan Singer Timeline: a History of Allegations and Defenses, from Troubled Films to Sexual Assault Claims

questionable behavior — on set and off — stretches back two decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2018 2:58 AM

When will be the Esquire article out? Because I really doubt something will happen to him. He needs to die. A painful death on top of that.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2018 9:16 PM

An Open Secret claims to be involved with that article. Given the company they've kept in the past year (Enty, Cernovich, Alex Jones, etc.), you think they actually have anything on him? They notably deleted their tweets accusing Charlie Sheen when someone attacked them and claimed they never accused him.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2018 3:56 AM

I’m curious as to why they’d go to Esquire for a major news story. It’s a fashion magazine! Does Hoffman not know what credibility is?

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2018 10:38 PM

R3, Esquire has done some really great articles over the years

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2018 4:15 PM

Where are all the old Singer posts at DL? They were loaded with info, pics of him and young boys, pics of his pool parties. Someone please post the link. Get a headstart on Esquire!

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2018 4:25 PM

Singer is Untouchable. Accept it. He will never be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2018 4:32 PM

To be honest, there is not rotund evidence, unpopular opinion I know, meh, I don't give a fuck this speculation

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2018 4:49 PM

Rotund? Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2018 5:04 PM

I was a fan of Amy Berg and Gabe Hoffman when An Open Secret came out. I've followed them on twitter and all. Unfortunately they are as right wing as you can get I was very disappointed. After they did an award winning documentary on pedophilia in the Catholic church I though they were progressive types. Gabe Hoffman is a loser with a blatant jealousy of Elon Musk, it's pathetic. Most blind itens from Crazy Days and Nights on Musk are fabrications of his envious ego. He also dismisses other victims who come forward as conspiracy theory if it doesn't fit his agenda. True asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2018 5:14 PM

Huh. The Esquire article dropped and there is no Bryan Singer article.

by Anonymousreply 10October 30, 2018 6:44 PM

What? There's an article but no article?

by Anonymousreply 11October 30, 2018 8:34 PM

[quote]I’m curious as to why they’d go to Esquire for a major news story. It’s a fashion magazine! Does Hoffman not know what credibility is?

Do you not know Esquire was also a literary journal for much of its early history? It published Hemingway and Fitzgerald long before The New Yorker did. Much like Vanity Fair, it continues to mix the highbrow with the declasse, albeit not as much as in the past.

by Anonymousreply 12October 30, 2018 8:39 PM

R11 The issue of Esquire dropped and there's no article on Bryan Singer.

by Anonymousreply 13October 30, 2018 10:05 PM

I remember last November when I was visiting a friend in LA, who works in TV production as well as her husband, the dinner conversation turned at one point to the Kevin Spacey scandal since it was relatively fresh at the time and, obviously, a hot topic over there. She said that she was surprised Bryan Singer's habits didn't get dragged out into the open. I know we had talked about him and his penchant for very young guys on DL for ages but I was surprised as to how matter of factly she was about it, while her husband just chuckled.

by Anonymousreply 14October 30, 2018 10:13 PM

I'm surprised at this point as well, given that even with the network he likely has behind him, getting fired from a film, losing a studio contract and banned from press events for said film is a pretty serious knock against him. And this is all without An Open Secret doing anything, so it's kind of a wonder as to whether the Esquire article was just a threat they made or not.

by Anonymousreply 15October 30, 2018 10:20 PM

Wasn't the plan for it to come out online just before BR opened? That gives it tomorrow and Thursday. I assumes the timing would be close to the film's opening.

And for Singer to pitch a public hissy about it two weeks ago tells me it's real. I'm sure the tip-off for him re its imminent publication is when Esquire contacted him for comment/rebuttal, as any reputable publication will do

by Anonymousreply 16October 30, 2018 10:26 PM

[quote]I'm sure the tip-off for him re its imminent publication is when Esquire contacted him for comment/rebuttal, as any reputable publication will do

Or maybe when DL first started talking about it months ago.

by Anonymousreply 17October 30, 2018 10:31 PM

But if they wanted to really affect his career, wouldn't it have been more sensible to publish the article at least two weeks prior? By publishing it right when the movie comes out, people will have bought tickets and it will be too late to really change the direction of it.

by Anonymousreply 18October 31, 2018 12:51 AM

It's meant to hurt box office weekend, I get it. To ride the wave of this crappy movie (it's a mediocre film).

by Anonymousreply 19October 31, 2018 1:01 AM

But if they published it earlier than release, then they really could've done some damage, because no one would want to buy tickets then and it would surely bomb without the crappy reviews.

by Anonymousreply 20October 31, 2018 1:15 AM

Oh crap, it looks like the film is apparently going to do decent business. I guess people really don't care enough that Singer's a pedo. This is why the article should have come out earlier. Singer's going to walk away with some money in royalties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 31, 2018 1:44 AM

Gabe Hoffman is a major sociopath, but his dislike for Singer sounded real. Maybe he is a shill meant to control opposition since his main hobby on twitter these days is to invest hours into discrediting people who come forward with their own stories of child sex abuse. Maybe he announced all that just to incite a response and see how interest people would be and then Singer bought the magazine and it was all orchestrated.

by Anonymousreply 22October 31, 2018 2:43 AM

Singer is a sociopath who needs to go down, but Hoffman isn't the best person to go forward with this investigation since he only wants it to be told as he sees fit and not in truth.

by Anonymousreply 23October 31, 2018 2:55 AM

It's on track to open well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 2, 2018 3:10 AM

He's very youthful looking. He can't be more than 38? Peter Pan syndrome doesn't make you a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2018 3:18 AM

He's actually in his 50s

by Anonymousreply 26November 2, 2018 3:31 AM

He looks great! Not sexy but attractive enough to fuck for a part.

by Anonymousreply 27November 2, 2018 3:37 AM

He was cute a few years ago but now his face looks weird and puffy (Booze bloat? Too many fillers?)

by Anonymousreply 28November 2, 2018 3:52 AM

It made 18 million on Friday alone. It's a hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2018 3:09 AM

So is the hit piece really happening or what? Was it a ploy from Singer himself, because he did write that Instagram post anticipating the inevitable. What happened? I'm curious as to why won't Ronan Farrow touch this subject matter after Harvey?

by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2018 2:48 PM

Im surprised others in Singers circle have managed to skirt the problem as well............ie particularly roland emmerick. Also, I suspect David Geffen liked them young but probably never under legal consent age. For a billionaire, Geffen hung out with a pretty questionable crowd in the years past.

by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2018 8:58 PM

Fox has Disney money now. And Disney is not going to let any pedo news affect any box office. Mucho mouse experience in that department.

by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2018 9:23 PM

Any updates?!

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2018 8:20 PM

He is SO gross and makes me embarrassed to be gay....like beaming straight-acceptable queens like Rob Marshall and Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2018 9:14 PM

Why compare Rob Marshall and Ryan Murphy to him? Those guys aren't sexual predators.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2018 9:30 PM

Well near a month and the supposed expose still hasn't come and Singer's had a huge hit with Bohemian Rhapsody - must've paid off Esquire to withdraw it.

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2018 2:47 AM

I wonder if he threatened Esquire with a lawsuit and they backed down....

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2018 2:52 AM

R34 but singer believes himself to be bi. Its aint our problem, the bi's can have this disgusting sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2018 2:55 AM

At this point one has to wonder given his dirty laundry is easy to look up and Wikipedia material if he's just going to be another Woody Allen and Roman Polanski - one who always has their disgusting shit brought up, but continue to make films.

by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2018 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!