Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My potential new boyfriend

We were discussing music last night and he said "Don't Laugh. My favorite artist is Michael Bolton." What should I do? He's 40 and I'm 45. I'm scared that he'll subject me to Bolton music from 1989.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2018 12:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2018 11:51 AM

and I didn't laugh at him. I had RBF for the rest of the night.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2018 11:56 AM

Don't worry. We'll keep our hands off...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2018 12:06 PM

When Bolton was a rocker. Check out that axe!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2018 12:09 PM

And check out the Stevie lookalike.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2018 12:09 PM

OP, do you there's even the teensiest chance you have some likes and dislikes he might not agree with?

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2018 12:17 PM

OP, how can you be lovers if you can't be friends?

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2018 12:39 PM

I once dated someone who liked the Carpenters and ONJ. It did not survive, but it had nothing to do with his musical taste. He also loved the stink of dryer sheets so much, he'd put three of them in the dryer for each load. He reeked of them even when naked. That I could not live with.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2018 1:05 PM

Is this a brag you have a boyfriend? Too proletarian a post dear, of interest only if you post photos.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2018 1:13 PM

Ive dropped people for less. Like, Anne Murray.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2018 1:32 PM

40 and 45? God! OLD! Are you both in bed by 7pm?

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2018 8:01 PM

Well I guess i'm just as bad since I like Olivia Newton-John. But Olivia's voice I can tolerate but Michael Bolton? NO.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2018 10:39 AM

Due to my partner’s family, we had to go to a Michael Bolton concert. I was not enthusiastic and couldn’t fathom seeing him and listen to his music.

Well, I was shocked! I enjoyed the music and he’s quite a showman. I thought he was hot as hell, too. He had a gorgeous, hot little body and a really, unconventionally handsome face. His hair was short, which suits him much better. He had buns of steel, as well.

Sum total, I left that concert wanting to fuck Michael Bolton.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2018 1:05 PM

Run for the hills. That’s what you should do.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2018 1:19 PM

When you leave him, you'll secretly listen to How Am I Supposed to Live Without You.

Also, R13 = Michael Bolton.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2018 2:12 PM

Cut bait and run, OP. There is no getting past a love for Michael Bolton. This will end in a stabbing.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2018 2:18 PM

I love Michael Bolton. I celebrate the man's entire catalog.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2018 2:49 PM

I like the 3 songs he wrote for Laura Branigan and Cher AND their vocal versions - not his. "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You", "I Found Someone", and "It's Been Hard Enough Getting Over You".

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2018 11:13 AM

You need to free yourself of the steel bars he will inevitably wrap all around you.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2018 11:18 AM

This is the beginning of his big reveal, does he like early bird specials?

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2018 11:44 AM

You might be asking yourself How Can We Be Lovers? Release yourself from the Steel Bars wrapped around you, OP. You'll be Back On Your Feet Again soon enough. Nothing heals a broken heart like Time, Love and Tenderness. Love is a Wonderful Thing and you'll find it with someone else, a Soul Provider if you will. Pretty soon, a new guy will ask Can I Touch You...There?

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2018 12:24 PM

Scream in horror and flounce out of the room.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2018 12:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!