Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I quit

I seriously quit. I'm black and gay and I just can't escape antiblackness nor antigayness. Nowhere is safe for me. The president of the United States just declared himself a nationalist. I get that he's not calling himself I white nationalist but come on. He is. I'm tired of people defend his word or try to justify them. I'm tired of my own community not fight back stronger against homophobia. I just quit. I'm fucking done. I'm just seriously over this.

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2018 12:18 PM

Gee, no BLM rally near you? 😢

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2018 4:58 AM

Nationalism is what led to Nazism. I'm not sure how Americans got so incredibly stupid and so intensely racist that this is where we are now. It's depressing and scary.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2018 4:59 AM

I know what you mean. What I can't get over are all the entreaties out there that we should eat better and exercise more, because if we do, we will live longer. WHO WANTS TO LIVE LONGER?

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2018 4:59 AM

R1=CUNT. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2018 4:59 AM

Oh stop being a drama queen. You can either move on and be hopeful...or, by sheer will, increase your own gravity until you collapse in upon yourself like a supernova. Pick one.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2018 5:07 AM

[quote]Nationalism is what led to Nazism. I'm not sure how Americans got so incredibly stupid

Speaking of incredibly stupid . . .

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2018 5:10 AM

Please vote first, then quit.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2018 5:14 AM

I'm with you OP. As Frank Zappa put it, "Hey, you know something people? I'm not black But there's a whole lots a times I wish I could say I'm not white."

I'm a permanent resident so I can at least say truthfully I've never voted Republican. I'm waiting for the voters to show us (for at least the third time in my recollection) how easily an October boogeyman stimulates them into voting against the better interests of the masses, crossing their fingers that they won't be early on the persecution list, before I sell and go. I am telling people in letters and online to go vote.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2018 5:17 AM

No suicides before the sixth.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2018 5:17 AM

Shit happens. Bullies are there to make us stronger.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2018 5:19 AM

OP you should do what R5 suggests, the latter one

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2018 5:22 AM

R6, you are the incredibly stupid one if you don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2018 5:23 AM

I hear ya. I work clisely with the local NAACP. I stay in the closet when dealing with people. My closest friends know, but that is it.

The worst are the churches. Whike they do a lot pf good, they are homophobic as hell.

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2018 5:24 AM

Please don’t give up OP

God knows I’m not super optimistic regarding other people but this can’t last.

You matter to someone

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2018 5:24 AM

OP, are you the black gay cutie I chatted with in person about a year ago, the one who was applying to grad school in Canada? If you aren't, then please know you're not alone. You'll feel stronger and more resilient when you find people as disturbed and disgusted as you are with this present state of affairs.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2018 5:30 AM

Op are you also a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2018 5:31 AM

No, the OP is a right wing troll. It's been very busy stirring shit tonight.

It's not like it has a life.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2018 5:36 AM

Trump is neither biased, racist, nor prejudice.

He hates everyone equally.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2018 5:41 AM

No. He hates brown skinned people and black skinned people a lot more than he hates any white person.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2018 5:41 AM

OP, have you looked into finding a job in another country? Like even teaching English in Asia or something? It would not be a bad idea to get out of context for a while.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2018 5:51 AM

OP, don't be like Whitney Houston and take it out on yourself, don't look for support in all the wrong places. Move away from your abusive family or neighborhood if this is what it takes.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2018 6:19 AM

Umm, I’ve no wish to be indelicate or insensitive, but could you please say a thing or two about the nature of your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2018 6:22 AM

At least you’re not fat. You’re not fat, right?

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2018 6:40 AM

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2018 6:49 AM

OP, move to Atlanta. It's where wealthy blacks run the city. That would help eliminate the racism and homophobia. Go where you will be accepted and can thrive.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2018 7:05 AM

I feel you, OP. Truly I do.

If the Dems don't win massively this November, I'm pretty much quitting myself. Hope will be gone.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2018 7:11 AM

R18 is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2018 7:11 AM

No one will do anything if the Dems don't win massively except complain. There would be nothing to talk about if there was no drama.

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2018 7:15 AM

Start dressing and acting like a white woman

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2018 7:20 AM

Good lord, get a grip, black snowflake. Nowhere is safe for you? Emigrate to Canada, for Gaia's sake.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2018 7:36 AM

R23 fat fem and a total bottom probably

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2018 7:38 AM

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2018 7:48 AM

OP is clearly a troll, likely Russian.

He can't even use gerunds, which exposes the fact that he clearly isn't a native English speaker.

I'm surprised more of you didn't pick up on that.

He's here to stir up shit. F&F.

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2018 7:51 AM

I hear ya OP. I don't know what to say.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2018 8:04 AM

Op have you considered immigrating to Nigeria? I hear a lot of good things about the country, and supposedly Nigerians(the Igbos) are a lot smarter than the black superstitious people in the US.

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2018 8:17 AM

Count the number of missing "-ing" endings in the troll OP'S post.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2018 8:44 AM

this is shit stirring central.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2018 9:16 AM

What else do we have to do at 5:30 AM??

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2018 9:49 AM

Let’s remember that Putin wants our anger and division. He exacerbates differences. As with Brexit, he is stokes them.

The benefits of a collapsing western consensus are just as important to Russia as the issues that provoke its collapse.

Thus, they are deploying increasingly plausible trolls, on the left and on the right, to drive us apart.

Ignore the noise.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2018 10:31 AM

You all are a bunch of whiny drama queens.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2018 10:35 AM

The Supernova Option. Is that kind of like the Nuclear Option?

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2018 10:47 AM

At least you know how to complain like a white girl

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2018 11:51 AM

You can’t quit, OP. Life is struggle. That’s literally what life is. We have to strive for the better nature of humanity or the dark side wins. It is a never ending struggle.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2018 11:56 AM

OP 😂😂😂😋😋😂😂

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2018 12:05 PM

R13 😂😂why would you give the church a thought? That's for poor and fat people!

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2018 12:10 PM

R25😂if he's black and gay he should instinctively run to a mixed or majority progressive white community. Chances of being adored are triple than in a black community. That's what OP needs to hear. The truth. Why would OP go to a Southern black run Atlanta? Montreal is the obvious answer for contentment here. Atlanta?😂

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2018 12:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!