Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fox News’ migrant caravan coverage backfires: Panel of independent voters rejects fearmongering

People are sick of the division from the far right. Even fox viewers have had enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2018 6:33 PM

Look how quickly he tried to shut them down "EEK, YOU'RE NOT SAYING WHAT I EXPECTED YOU TO SAY!"

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2018 9:07 AM

Snap! Smart Independents not buying Fox bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2018 9:45 AM

Haha

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2018 10:47 AM

Right on.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2018 11:10 AM

The Today Show this morning is fear mongering this morning pushing this issue as what will make or break the hoped-for Blue Wave. They are reporting it in urgent tones.

It's not just Fox.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2018 11:24 AM

What are the chances Fox "News" has an actual reporter on the scene with the caravan, like CBS, NBC, CNN . . . ?

Have they found the terrorists yet?

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2018 11:49 AM

Why would independent voters watch Faux Noise?

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2018 12:04 PM

Do people need a monger in order to be fearful of the approaching horde?

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2018 12:14 PM

Oh r8, I'm sure you will do all of the mongering the DL requires.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2018 12:21 PM

Why is anyone watching Fox? They broadcast lies and nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2018 12:56 PM

I noticed that too, R5. It’s beyond frustrating. I wish a brave reporter would dig deep into this story. These poor people are being used to push an agenda in time for an important election.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2018 2:44 PM

The timing makes it look like it s being paid for by the right.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2018 4:50 PM

HORDES I tell ya ... just HORDES of brown people!

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2018 5:00 PM

I know I'll sound like a tinhat theory, but given the timing of this caravan, I have to wonder if it's not some setup to impact the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2018 5:56 PM

[quote] When asked how he would feel if the caravan reached 20,000 people, the voter responded, "This is the mightiest country on the planet, I think we can handle a caravan of people, unarmed, coming to this country," although he added that the government should "process them properly."

Yeah, because the government has been doing such a good job of this.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2018 6:09 PM

Depending on the visuals the media capture, and how large the caravan becomes, I can totally see this becoming the huge, distracting issue informing votes on election (though not necessarily for early voting).

CNN et al want there to be a real horse race they can breathlessly cover. I think they're going to start focusing on it a lot more once the Saudi thing dies down. A shame, as health care and the preservation of democracy (free and fair elections) should be tops.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2018 6:10 PM

What R12 said.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2018 6:10 PM

R12 How would they fake something like this?

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2018 6:13 PM

R18, it's not about faking it. It's that they can instigate it by encouraging the NGOs that organize the single annual caravan to do organize another one. They can make donations to the NGOs and help them spread the news on social media. That's how the caravans are started every year, but usually there's just one.

Probably cost whoever caused it under $20,000 to start it. Fly in, get appointments with NGO leaders, make some donations.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2018 6:24 PM

[quote] Short of an election-eve exoneration by Robert Mueller, it would be hard to imagine a nicer October surprise for Donald Trump than an attempt by thousands of unauthorized immigrants to force the borders of the United States. It dramatizes every one of his themes, but none more spectacularly than this: his claim that his opponents will not defend the borders of the United States.

It's a bit too perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2018 6:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!