Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If A Migrant Knocked On Your Door & Asked For Glass Of Water

What would you do?

by Anonymousreply 99July 14, 2019 4:07 PM

What’s the bulge situation?

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2018 2:04 AM

Have the security guys working the gates fired.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2018 2:06 AM

In an age of militarized police, where the police shoot hundreds of folks just for being black - who the fuck answers their doors anymore. I sure don't.

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2018 2:08 AM

They were shot, but feel free to fire them, too, Cruella.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2018 2:09 AM

Is he alone?

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2018 2:11 AM

I don't do doors.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2018 2:13 AM

I lived in a neighborhood that was pretty much all migrants. German, Poles, Russians, Cubans, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Brazilian, Argentinian...we had no problems. The kids all spoke English as soon as they could and the adults too. Most of the parents were able to find jobs in factories and it was a great time in America. We still had manufacturing. I was happy to have friends from all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2018 2:14 AM

People in hell want ice water too.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2018 2:16 AM

Oh! Was I suppose to call them immigrants?

Americans are just asshole, they do not deserve a Democracy.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2018 2:17 AM

Hell, WATER would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2018 2:18 AM

holy fuckery, OP, you're a troll

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2018 2:18 AM

What people on the internet say the would do means very little haha.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2018 2:19 AM

I'd check the front porch from a side window to assess the migrant (number, sex, age, size). Then I'd either ask if she'd come around to the kitchen window for two unopened cans of seltzer water., which I would toss over to her, or give a gallon of distilled water from our emergency kit if she had others with her.

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2018 2:20 AM

I don't know, act like a fucking human being? This racist horseshit is so fucking stupid and obvious, as is anyone who falls for it.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2018 2:23 AM

I would offer to marry them, so they might enjoy our country as I have.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2018 2:29 AM

Have my house cleaned really cheap

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2018 2:31 AM

I'd invite him in and offer him a personality test.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2018 2:33 AM

I don’t open the door, unless I’ve first been notified that someone is coming to visit.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2018 2:34 AM

Invite them in and ask them to have a seat while I got them the water.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2018 2:35 AM

Cher has more water to spare than I do.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2018 2:36 AM

I'd wonder why they took elevator all the way up here when there's a cafe on the street level.

Also, there are public water fountains in the park across the street.

Also, why would a "migrant" randomly knock on a stranger's door when they know that any random asshole could sic ICE on them?

See, I would critically think first, and not be a loser dipshit like the OP.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2018 2:40 AM

Living in South Texas ranch land, we leave water out for migrants. A complicated situation but you have to show some humanity.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2018 2:43 AM

As him if he wants bottled water, tap water or spring water and offer him sweet tea and homemade tater pie and a country ham biscuit... All that's left from dinner tonight.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2018 2:50 AM

Offer hole.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2018 2:53 AM

Call the cops that an intruder is knocking on my door and speaks very little English. Since I know they will ask for id. Just kidding.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2018 2:56 AM

They are not migrants. They are economic invaders.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2018 2:56 AM

Yes, because I'm not a festering asshole and I know how to behave like a human being.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2018 3:01 AM

Word will get around, next thing you know one turns into many. That glass of water could turn your front yard into their new rest stop.

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2018 3:03 AM

SHRIEEEK!

THERE'S SOMEONE UNDER YOUR SINK WHO'S GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2018 3:09 AM

I don’t answer the door for strangers

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2018 3:11 AM

I would give them a refrigerated bottle of water to keep.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2018 3:27 AM

This is why I have a video doorbell. I'm not getting off the couch unless he's presenting.

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2018 3:32 AM

Thank you, R22. These fine Americans think you must be stopped, however.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2018 3:37 AM

Of course, I'd offer them water. As long as they flush.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2018 3:59 AM

R22. There you go. Also the law in Texas but doing right without having to be told is the mark of character.

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2018 4:06 AM

I misread this as [bold]”If Margot Kidder knocked on your door...”

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2018 4:16 AM

Piss in a glass and say enjoy the apple juice.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2018 7:32 AM

If they were doing yard work in the neighborhood I would set a glass out at the rear or side door and tell him to get it there. I used to do exactly that when the Mexicans were tending my next door neighbor's yard during the summer season(they lived in Connecticut.

If it was a stranger I would not answer the door. But I damn sure would not call the cops.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2018 8:35 AM

R19 What will happen after you ask them to have a seat while you got them the water?

Have you thought this through?

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2018 8:43 AM

All the water they want as they shower. If no stank sleeve, I suck them until their nuts rattle. If the sleeve, roll them over and fuck them until their asshole looks like an uncooked meatloaf.

Assuming young and hot, otherwise they get a bottle of water at the door.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2018 8:49 AM

I leave my door unlocked most of the time, so he'd probably just walk in. But in any case, of course I'd bring him out a glass of water and stand with him outside while he sits on my stoop and drinks it. I wouldn't invite a stranger into my home, but I'm not gonna turn down someone who's so desperate that he's knocking on a stranger's door asking for water. Especially in 2018 where people get shot on people's front stairs before they've even rung the doorbell.......

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2018 9:03 AM

Give water offer something to eat. If its an adult man I would check for indications of size meat because thats the way I am.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2018 9:10 AM

Give them a glass of water. I’m not a monster.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2018 9:36 AM

Since most illegal don't know how to wipe so no

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2018 11:45 AM

I'm not running a B&B here!

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2018 1:02 PM

They wouldn’t be able to ask for water in English so how would I know what they want? Plus there is a hose outside. Plus I never open the door for unexpected visitors.

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2018 1:04 PM

I would wonder why someone so thirsty climbed a five floor walk up to knock on my door.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2018 1:07 PM

[quote] I would wonder why someone so thirsty climbed a five floor walk up to knock on my door.

This is the most hysterical and ludicrous part of the abject fear and panic Faux News wants everyone to feel. No one is coming for your sad suburban monstrosity. No one is hiking thousands of miles to rob some skinny Mary in her studio walk up. (No offense, gurl, just painting a picture here.)

Our country needs to respond, and enforceable borders and immigration laws need to be a part of that response. But treating human beings like animals or worse must NOT be.

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2018 1:12 PM

This isn't the 1950s. Who answers the door unless you know someone's coming over.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2018 1:25 PM

[quote] But treating human beings like animals or worse must NOT be.

Then they should remain in their own country to prevent being treated as anything other than human beings.

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2018 1:30 PM

Offer tap or Pelegrino, the only I have on hand.

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2018 1:36 PM

Check him -- if male -- out first .... size him up ..... cute? lean? reasonably clean?. If visually appealing, ask him in, ask if he'd like a bath. Perhaps I could help him bathe. Hell, if it works out I might even sponsor his citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2018 1:40 PM

I'd say: "Here's some of our local stuff, unfortunately, it's barely drinkable. The only difference is that you won't contract giardia." <-- ?

by Anonymousreply 53October 23, 2018 1:42 PM

I would be happy to give water. I am a downtown dweller and pretty much everyone begging wants money to fuel their drug addiction which is heartbreaking but No. If a family walked by me and asked for Water I think I would tear up. Water yes. Crack Heroin Oxy and Meth No!

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2018 1:56 PM

Ask them to accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior.

And then shoot them all in the head.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2018 2:54 PM

I’d give them some water and then wonder how they got in and why they’d migrate here.....it’s cold

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2018 3:04 PM

I don't answer the door to strangers after reading about a woman who was murdered after answering the door to a guy selling magazine subscriptions.

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2018 3:08 PM

Are they a great big fat person?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2018 3:11 PM

I live in an area where there are many immigrant and likely undocumented workers. They work in jobs from agriculture to restaurants etc. They do not wonder door to door asking for water. We see them hard at work in the farms and ranches and neighborhoods but they bring their own water. If they're working for me on a hot day I offer water or soda.

If I lived along a migrant route where travelers are moving in greater numbers I would put cups by the water hose outside and let them help themselves.

Other than that I don't open the door to strangers unless there is something compelling about them, like the time a French immigrant came door to door selling Christmas ornaments she made by hand. I bought some, she was charming.

by Anonymousreply 59October 23, 2018 3:20 PM

[quote] Then they should remain in their own country to prevent being treated as anything other than human beings.

That is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard in my life.

by Anonymousreply 60October 23, 2018 3:44 PM

I live in east on Long Island NY, an area where there are many immigrant and likely undocumented workers. They work in jobs from agriculture to restaurants etc. They do not wonder door to door asking for water.They can be seen hard at work in the yards and farms and neighborhoods here, sometimes some gay few down at the gay beach, Two-Mile Hollow. They bring their own water to jobs, not so much to pickups on the beach. After you've snagged one or two, if that's your taste, and indicated it would be ok, they'll come knock on your door and you're glad to see them.

by Anonymousreply 61October 23, 2018 7:37 PM

"No thanks!"

by Anonymousreply 62October 23, 2018 8:12 PM

The most revealing thing about this thread is people who do little imagination they don’t understand a hypothetical situation.

“Oh but I don’t open my door if people don’t call first”

Virtually no one does, dickhead. But pretend for a second that you did open the door and someone asked you for water in broken English (also unlikely) what would you do?

It’s not hard.

by Anonymousreply 63October 23, 2018 8:14 PM

The question isn't hypothetical, r63, it is racist.

by Anonymousreply 64October 23, 2018 8:18 PM

[quote] The question isn't hypothetical, it is racist.

No, it is a scenario out of the show "What would you do?" Do you consider that show racist?

by Anonymousreply 65October 23, 2018 8:21 PM

Right R63 .... and for me, front door opens directly to living room, is half glass. So I'm seen. If asked, would say of course. I stand 6.1. I think I could take a little brown man.

by Anonymousreply 66October 23, 2018 8:25 PM

Some desperate elder queen would let one in and then end being hacked up in the bathtub after thinking he could take liberties.

by Anonymousreply 67October 23, 2018 8:29 PM

I am hardly a desperate queen. I worked with the homeless here in South Florida.

The migrants here are afraid of Beauregard's ICE assholes. They are not gonna knock on doors. Their safety is at risk if they have nowhere to go.

I would have to go to the jungle to find homeless migrants that would need water.

But if they did, I would ask them in and give them what ever they needed. Guess I live on another world than you candy asses up thread.

by Anonymousreply 68October 23, 2018 8:31 PM

R58, no but what if her hair was GLORIOUS!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 23, 2018 8:33 PM

Tell him to stay on the porch and I will get you a bottled water. I would never do that again.

by Anonymousreply 70October 23, 2018 8:45 PM

well?

by Anonymousreply 71November 26, 2018 3:57 AM

[quote]Americans are just asshole, they do not deserve a Democracy.

How are things in Kursk, comrade?

by Anonymousreply 72November 26, 2018 4:02 AM

As for me personally, I would gladly give a migrant a glass of water if he/she asked for it and my spider-sense didn't tell me that this was a ruse to rob or kill me. Not trying to be paranoid, just realistic. But my first inclination would be to of course give them water if they are thirsty. I would be on my guard just in case this wasn't on the up and up and I would be cautious but I have found the majority of migrants are good people. It's only the criminal assholes who get all the attention in the media. I say all of the above in spite of the fact that my elderly father was murdered by two black men who sent their girlfriends to his door to ask for a glass of water, then the men forced their way in and tried to rob him and when he resisted they shot him with a shotgun. Thankfully both men were captured two weeks later and sent to prison for 35 years. But even though all that happened I know not all people are bad and I would use my own judgement if someone asked for water or help. Also, I was raised in the Midwest...we're taught to be helpful if we can.

by Anonymousreply 73November 26, 2018 4:26 AM

I'm not so sure I could tell a migrant from one of my neighbors

by Anonymousreply 74November 26, 2018 4:40 AM

Arizona resident facing 20 years in prison simply for giving a migrant a glass of water

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 12, 2019 1:47 AM

I would check for BFD and then investigate further as the situation warrants.

by Anonymousreply 76May 12, 2019 1:54 AM

Yup. A doctor gives a thirsty man a drink a water and faces 20 years in federal prison.

by Anonymousreply 77May 12, 2019 2:02 AM

I'd probably ignore the knock, as I never answer my door when not expecting somebody, but if I did answer, I'd give him/her the water.

by Anonymousreply 78May 12, 2019 2:04 AM

First push a 10 dollar bill under the door so he could get something to eat and drink, next report my doorman for letting strangers into the building

by Anonymousreply 79May 12, 2019 2:54 AM

Nobody answers the door it’s 2019. Did they text first?

by Anonymousreply 80May 12, 2019 3:08 AM

I don't do doors, either. Too many criminal opportunists roaming America.

by Anonymousreply 81May 12, 2019 3:15 AM

I don't open my door to strangers, either. I creep up, peep through the peephole, and if I don't recognize them I stealthily creep away.

by Anonymousreply 82May 12, 2019 3:19 AM

Is this migrant a male ??

Is this migrant handsome ??

Is this migrant young and fit ??

What are his rates?

by Anonymousreply 83May 12, 2019 3:23 AM

I'd wonder how they got into the building.

by Anonymousreply 84May 12, 2019 3:26 AM

I'd ask him if he was Jesus. If he said, "Yes, I am Jesus Christ", I'd get him a glass of water.

If he said, "Yes, I am Jesus Lopez", I'd tell him to piss off and call ICE.

by Anonymousreply 85May 12, 2019 3:30 AM

I would advise said migrant to be sure not to wear out their welcome,

by Anonymousreply 86May 12, 2019 3:32 AM

Id ask if he were a member of a small foreign faction.

by Anonymousreply 87May 12, 2019 3:36 AM

To be clear, I don't answer my door because I'm a cranky old misanthrope and don't want to be bothered with people I didn't invite and wasn't expecting, not because I'm a paranoid nutjob who imagines murderers and rapists lurk around every corner.

by Anonymousreply 88May 12, 2019 3:55 AM

Come and knock on our door, we’ve been waiting for you

by Anonymousreply 89May 12, 2019 4:16 AM

Lol you are all so terrified of seeming racist that you have lost your common sense.

by Anonymousreply 90May 12, 2019 12:19 PM

If anyone asked me for a glass of water I would give it to them, but it is unlikely to happen as in OP's scenario since I do not answer my front door unless I am expecting someone. There is no reason for anyone I know to show up unexpectedly in the age of cell phones. Zero reason.

I have kids showing up to sell crap to support their school, I already pay a shit load in school taxes and will never have a kid. I have Seventh Day Adventists, Comcast salesmen, ADT salesmen, nothing good can come from answering my front door.

by Anonymousreply 91May 12, 2019 2:00 PM

What if Mindy Cohn knocked on your door and asked for a glass of water?

by Anonymousreply 92May 12, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote] Lol you are all so terrified of seeming racist that you have lost your common sense.

What exactly about giving somebody a fucking glass of water defies common sense?

by Anonymousreply 93May 12, 2019 3:57 PM

I hope you bitches you give them a glass of water

by Anonymousreply 94July 14, 2019 2:55 PM

Just remember that elderly gay men taking pity on young, hot refugees rarely ends well for the elderly gay man.

by Anonymousreply 95July 14, 2019 3:01 PM

agua?, nada

cerveza, si

by Anonymousreply 96July 14, 2019 3:03 PM

Why I'd show him the American Standard of course !!!

"Jorge, just as soon as my pussy's done you can have your glass of water ...................."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 14, 2019 3:12 PM

Hola!

Mi case e su casa

Agua?

Yo quiero Taco Bell.

Adios!

by Anonymousreply 98July 14, 2019 3:47 PM

[quote]or give a gallon of distilled water from our emergency kit

Why would you have distilled water in an emergency kit? Planning on doing a lot of ironing? No one drinks distilled water.

by Anonymousreply 99July 14, 2019 4:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!