Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

No one shows up to a 6-year-old Tucson boy's birthday party

TUCSON, AZ - A Tucson 6-year-old invited 32 of his classmates to a pizza party for his birthday over the weekend... and no one showed up.

Teddy's party was held at a Peter Piper Pizza restaurant in Tucson on Sunday afternoon.

Sil Mazzini, Teddy's mom, said that 32 invitations were sent out, inviting the kindergartner's classmates and their parents to join him for celebrations at the restaurant. But no one came.

"I'm done with parties for a while," Mazzini joked to ABC15 following the sad weekend showing.

The family plans to celebrate Teddy's birthday Monday night by reading well wishes shared with the family after Mazzini's photos from the party were posted by a Tucson reporter and picked up by other Arizona outlets.

Social media was flooded with messages of support, and the Phoenix Suns have invited Teddy to watch Wednesday's game against the Lakers.

Phoenix Rising also invited Teddy to the team's playoff game on Friday. A team spokesperson said fans had reached out to them eager to know how to help, including some willing to purchase a customized jersey for Teddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 31, 2018 9:22 PM

Fake.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2018 11:38 PM

poor thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2018 11:38 PM

Already been done by others. Fake stunt.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2018 11:39 PM

Why would a story like this even on the news? You would have to go seek the publicity.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2018 11:40 PM

Pure BS. In this wrecked economy, no parent would turn down a free meal. They are all whores that way.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2018 11:41 PM

This is sad, but why the hell would she take a picture of her son looking forlorn at an empty party? Who would want a picture to remember such a sad event?

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2018 11:44 PM

What kind of sick mother would have this go viral and follow their child for the rest of their life?

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2018 11:45 PM

I agree with the others. 100% fake and a total set up.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2018 11:45 PM

I hate these parties where no one shows up. It is the most heartbreaking. I knew someone whose mother had a Baby Shower for her for her first child and no one came. I think it happens more often than you think.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2018 11:46 PM

Is Teddy the Class Fag?

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2018 11:46 PM

That's why there is an RSVP. If no one RSVPs, then cancel the party, baby shower, etc.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2018 11:49 PM

Dear god I hope this is fake. I feel so bad. I bet he's the coolest guy in his whole class and everyone is so intimidated by him and his swagger!

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2018 11:51 PM

Teddy is the Erna of his kindergarten class.

Not even Janbot or the Yellow Skin Troll would show up to that pizza party.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2018 11:51 PM

And at least call some of the parents ahead of time to confirm.

Aren’t they all in the same boat as far as filling out the ranks of their kids birthday parties?

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2018 11:52 PM

R11 I agree with R7. That’s why I think this is fake. No one showed up out of 32 kids? I think there is more to this story.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2018 11:52 PM

This is like those receipts that show up with racist, sexist, homophobic, etc insults on them. It's always the server who did it. ALWAYS. Same here. Mom sees that the last kid this happened to received gifts from the local police or sports team or whoever. She decides to get in on the game.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2018 11:54 PM

How sad! I feel for that poor boy.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2018 11:57 PM

Is he "artistic"? That might explain why kids and their parents said fuck no. Every mom of an artistic: "Sometimes he bites and hits people but he's really a sweetheart. I just don't know why he doesn't have friends."

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2018 11:59 PM

Many here feel this is fake, but just the idea... sad.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2018 12:00 AM

Family must have money to pay for feeding - what, a hundred or so people? 32 kids plus parents.

And he's six. He barely knows what it means to be left out. If this had happened when he was eleven, he'd feel the burn for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2018 12:01 AM

Teddy is a retard. No one likes him and he smells.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2018 12:05 AM

Sad fame whores who are making up shit just to get publicity and freebies. 'murikans are so fucking gullible.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2018 12:08 AM

Like, if it's real then crowdsource donations to pay for custom jerseys or rando b'day cards from internet strangers or a ticket to see a Lakers game isn't going to help at all. The kid needs daily positive interaction with his peers and needs real life relationships. If he's actually being rejected by his classmates and their parents are knowingly keeping their kids away from him then he needs to have some kind of psychological assessment and may need behavioral therapy or special needs services of some kind.

It's very suspicious and disturbing that his parents broadcasted that photo across the internet.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2018 12:08 AM

Why would they place orders for pizza if no one showed up?

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2018 12:10 AM

Maybe the invitations were never mailed. Can’t you imagine the wife handing the husband a stack of envelopes for him to drop off at the mailbox and then he forgets and leaves them in the car? That’s what would happen on a sitcom anyway. The dad doesn’t want to get in trouble so he never speaks up and lets the other parents take the blame.

Regardless of whether it is fake or real, the kid probably felt the brunt of it being real. He thinks his classmates don’t like him even if they were never truly invited.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2018 12:10 AM

This happened to me twice--when I was 5 and again when I was 8.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2018 12:11 AM

Maybe it's a Go Fund Me set up. If this is true, then shame on the parents of the kids that didn't show up. That's just cruel.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2018 12:13 AM

R21 Hello Justin.

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2018 12:13 AM

What if the kid hates basketball? If it were me, I'd been like "Fucking A, now I have to sit through 2 basketball games?!?"

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2018 12:14 AM

Maybe its one of those mail man stories - where the mail is really in the basement. Or ditched on the side of the road. Or lost in the Hurricane. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2018 12:18 AM

No one mails the invites. The kid hands them out.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2018 12:19 AM

R26 = Mary Richards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2018 12:21 AM

Also the class size is too big. If this country properly valued and funded our public education system, there's be maybe 15-20 kids in his class and a much higher probability of them coming. But who can send their kid to 32 parties every year?

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2018 12:23 AM

Fake as fucking shit.

That being said, I remember when I was 12, I was invited to a classmate's birthday party that was to start at something like 11am on a Saturday. The night before, my friends and I went to the carnival and went on a real bender of junk food and rollercoasters. I woke up the next morning with a headache and nausea and begged my mother to let me stay home. She wouldn't even consider it, saying I had made a commitment to go to the party, and I was going, and maybe that would teach me not to be such a pig.

So I reluctantly went. I was the only one who showed up. I felt so bad for this kid, and was so glad my mother made me go. And I ignored the fact that everyone else had shined his ass on and made sure he had as good a time as possible. The mother either picked bowling or a skating rink for our activity, can't remember which one, but I was praying I wouldn't barf.

Still think this incident is bullshit, though.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2018 12:25 AM

If it was fake, how did the kid go back to school this morning? Do you honestly think a parent would do that to their kid?

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2018 12:25 AM

FAKE. Poor kid. He doesn't understand such duplicity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2018 12:26 AM

Major fuckup on the part of the mother. Why didn't she ask for RSVPs? Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2018 12:29 AM

You would think that out of 32 invites, one of the many parents would get the bright idea of contacting the boy's parent, saying they couldn't make it.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2018 12:36 AM

Whomp, whomp.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2018 12:36 AM

Teddy is being discriminated for being Italian. I demand that his school establish laws that ban bullying against Italians. It's despicable. It's anti-carb. It's anti-dairy. It's anti-dago.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2018 12:37 AM

Kindergardeners don't decide which parties they get to go to, that is on the parents. So it didn't happen, no way 32-6 year olds all decided they wouldn't go. Mom is lying, but I guess the kid got a basketball game out of it.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2018 12:37 AM

[quote] I knew someone whose mother had a Baby Shower for her for her first child and no one came.

No one likes a Baby Shower. Even if they claim they do, they really don't.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2018 12:39 AM

Thoughts and prayers

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2018 12:41 AM

FAKE.

NOBODY mails invitations. It’s all Paperless Post, online. If you send out invitations and don’t hear from ANYONE, you start making phone calls. Unfortunately, people are lazy about RSVPs or they forget, etc. It’s just part of the deal now, following up by phone or text.

Or at least that’s how it is here.

And it’s rare to get a thank you note, too.

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2018 12:42 AM

[quote]This is sad, but why the hell would she take a picture of her son looking forlorn at an empty party? Who would want a picture to remember such a sad event?

She wants to shame the kids and their parents.

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2018 12:44 AM

It's weird how so much of the pizzas on the table has already been devoured.

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2018 12:45 AM

Kids these days are not persons just props in their parent's sick ruse to get something out of free media coverage.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2018 12:45 AM

🍕 I would have come to eat pizza, but I WASN'T invited.

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2018 12:46 AM

Fake story. They probably have a GoFundMe account set up: "please send donations so we can give our poor little darling the party he deserves!"

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2018 12:50 AM

Boy ,the mother must be a real bitch that everybody hates.

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2018 12:50 AM

If it's fake, I'd imagine others class parents will come forward to say they never received invites.

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2018 12:51 AM

Maybe a sympathetic celebrity, or sport figure, will come out to cheer up little Teddy. Then we can watch the coverage on GMA.

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2018 12:54 AM

Baby Showers are the fuckin worst r42.

by Anonymousreply 53October 23, 2018 12:54 AM

There was a lice outbreak affecting every other kid in his class. He dodged a bullet, actually.

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2018 12:54 AM

Exactly r50. If we pretend this story is real, it is all about the Moms not liking this Mom. Nothing to do with the kids at this age.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2018 12:55 AM

I don't know if this is real or fake but it made my eyes water.

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2018 12:56 AM

That is the saddest thing I've seen all year. I'm actually crying.

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2018 12:57 AM

R56 Maryest Mary who ever Mary'd. Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2018 12:58 AM

Hate to be a killjoy, but it needs to be said. If this were a little black kid that this had happened to, the tone of this thread would be quite different.

by Anonymousreply 59October 23, 2018 1:01 AM

[quote]That is the saddest thing I've seen all year. I'm actually crying.

Yes, having a big party with your family that has tons of food. I can't imagine what on the planet is sadder....

by Anonymousreply 60October 23, 2018 1:03 AM

Au contraire R59 , we'd still feel bad for the little boy if its true and still think this is fake bullshit. We'd also still think you're a sad,race baiting cunt too.

by Anonymousreply 61October 23, 2018 1:04 AM

r59 You mean, people would be believing the mom instead of calling her a liar and a con?

by Anonymousreply 62October 23, 2018 1:07 AM

I could swear we just had one of these where the fire department had to come to the rescue?

by Anonymousreply 63October 23, 2018 1:07 AM

I never had a birthday party as a child where other children were invited because I didn't have friends and my mom knew none of my classmates would come. I also never got Valentine's from classmates in grade school, just one from the teacher. In junior high & high school, no carnation or rose either.

by Anonymousreply 64October 23, 2018 1:08 AM

This happened to a friend of mine. She threw a birthday party for her little girl, and no one showed up. People had RSVP'd yes and still didn't show. The little girl is cute and has friends...I think it was just a bad day or something ...and people suck.

by Anonymousreply 65October 23, 2018 1:10 AM

I was going to say maybe Peter Piper Pizza sucks but it was rated the #1 pizza place in Tucson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 23, 2018 1:10 AM

You know the invitations were handed out in class, people don't have the home addresses of every parent in their classes, and half of them are still in the kids backpacks.

by Anonymousreply 67October 23, 2018 1:12 AM

Someone started a rumor that he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 68October 23, 2018 1:15 AM

There's gluten and peanut products in that restaurant, so it was too dangerous for his classmates.

by Anonymousreply 69October 23, 2018 1:16 AM

Actually, the kid forgot to hand them out.

by Anonymousreply 70October 23, 2018 1:16 AM

Kid is probably home schooled. She either invited parents from a school where no one knew him, or she just made it up to get free shit.

by Anonymousreply 71October 23, 2018 1:17 AM

I was always thankful my birthday was in the summer and I didn't have the ordeal of a birthday during the school year. I always got cake or cupcakes for the birthdays held during the school year and didn't have to have all that attention on me during my birthday. That was fine with me, being the introvert that I am.

by Anonymousreply 72October 23, 2018 1:22 AM

It's been 40 years since I was a kid this age, but parents always talked with each other when it came to organizing parties. You don't have a dippy husband or really young kid send invitations and then not follow up.

But I do know that since adulthood, I've been to several get togethers where people RSVPed yes and still flaked out. Plus grown ass adults who deliberately didn't invite certain people just to cause drama, or not invite someone then lie and say "oh, they're so mean for not coming to my party, I am a victim!"

Who knows what the truth is here. But a mom posting this pic publicly is super suspicious. Usually an angry mom will lash out on FB, calling everyone a rude cunt for not showing up. They don't post pics of their kid looking sad.

by Anonymousreply 73October 23, 2018 1:23 AM

FRAU THREAD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 23, 2018 1:25 AM

Parents are the worst at times. Look at the idiot parents who have fist fights at their kids' pee wee football games.

by Anonymousreply 75October 23, 2018 1:26 AM

I thought they were going to say no one showed because it was Trump themed.

by Anonymousreply 76October 23, 2018 1:29 AM

That is such a shame. The poor kid. I'm glad some people online are offering support.

by Anonymousreply 77October 23, 2018 1:48 AM

I believe it. I raised kids. Parents are self absorbed and most don’t RSVP. Or the mother just asked for regrets.

I suspect a lot of invitations never made it from a desk or back pack.

by Anonymousreply 78October 23, 2018 1:50 AM

Cute boy. I would.

by Anonymousreply 79October 23, 2018 1:52 AM

^ And Bryan Singer is back again.

by Anonymousreply 80October 23, 2018 1:59 AM

I tell you, I felt just like Miss Anne Shirley in [italic]Stella Dallas[/italic]!

by Anonymousreply 81October 23, 2018 1:59 AM

Remember the kid with Autism who had a birthday party and no one showed up. This same story shows up and celebs get involved. This is a stunt. It’s like the racist receipt that turn out to be a hoax after the hoaxer sets up a Gofundme page.

by Anonymousreply 82October 23, 2018 2:04 AM

Maybe he's a nasty kid who beats up on the other kids. No one would bother showing up for his party then.

by Anonymousreply 83October 23, 2018 2:07 AM

R10 = Andrew Cunanan

by Anonymousreply 84October 23, 2018 2:07 AM

If it was fake wouldn’t class parents come forward? They’d have collective knowledge if invites hadn’t really been sent out.

by Anonymousreply 85October 23, 2018 2:09 AM

I've given a couple parties where nobody showed even though they said they would. Some even called to see who else was there. People are beasts.

by Anonymousreply 86October 23, 2018 2:11 AM

Birthday parties are ridiculous nowadays. When I was a kid it in a suburban basement with pin the tail on the donkey, birthday cake and a cupcake holder with M&Ms in it. Now it's fucking amusement parks, restaurants, bowling alleys, movie theaters, aquariums, etc.

I only had one birthday party because my mother was "nervous" and couldn't handle having a few kids in the house.

by Anonymousreply 87October 23, 2018 2:22 AM

[quote] In junior high & high school, no carnation or rose either.

What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 88October 23, 2018 2:23 AM

Everyone wants to outdo each other... the standards are ridiculous now. It's a competition.

by Anonymousreply 89October 23, 2018 2:24 AM

Fake as 99.0% of these stories are. If it really did happen to your kid, would you run to the press about it and humiliate the poor bastard even more?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 23, 2018 2:29 AM

Teddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2018 4:00 AM

Why did nobody attend the autistic kid's birthday party?

Because he was autistic.

by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2018 4:08 AM

[quote]And he's six. He barely knows what it means to be left out.

WTF? Six years of age is definitely old enough to know what it is like to be excluded and rejected. For example, see R26.

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2018 4:26 AM

This breaks my heart even if it is fake. Like other posters I had few friends growing up and it was awful.

by Anonymousreply 94October 23, 2018 4:36 AM

Ditto what R93 said. Kids know. Some of the cruelest bullying and exclusions I endured was when I was six and seven years old. I'm 50 now and I still recall that shit like it was YESTERDAY.

by Anonymousreply 95October 23, 2018 4:42 AM

You're a sweetie r34.

by Anonymousreply 96October 23, 2018 4:44 AM

I chose not to let my precious angel, Jackson, go to Teddy's party because the pizza place is in an iffy neighborhood. If you know what I mean. Plus Jackson has gluten allergies and forcing a pizza party on them (proper pronouns are important!) without so much as a trigger warning is in poor taste. Jackson opted to stay home with their (Jackson is trans! Deal with it!) therapy gerbil, Thor, and color their feelings on the idea wall in our little person's functioning space. Some people call that a playroom. Thor was glad to have the company as it (the gerbil's preferred pronoun) is stressed about the election and has appropriately been getting diarrhea on Wall Street Journal clippings in it's non-human functioning space. Some people call that a cage. My thoughts go out to little Teddy, but his mother is known to be a blackout drunk and a bit loose, if you know what I mean, so he has bigger problems than no one attending his party. Oh, and one time she had people over for a pool party and they were handing out towels from Target. Very gauche. I don't need little Jackson rubbing their skin on such low class materials.

by Anonymousreply 97October 23, 2018 5:06 AM

This kid will grow up to be another Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 98October 23, 2018 5:14 AM

LOL R97.

by Anonymousreply 99October 23, 2018 5:15 AM

R90 who's the cutie?

by Anonymousreply 100October 23, 2018 5:17 AM

I'm struggling with the not one out of 32 piece.

Just seems too far fetched.

There must be something else to the story.

by Anonymousreply 101October 23, 2018 5:18 AM

The look on the kid's face says it all: "Do we have to do this again Mommy?"

by Anonymousreply 102October 23, 2018 5:18 AM

“If you THINK I’m going to take my PRECIOUS baby into one of those PEDOPHILE pizza restaurants, well you’ve just got another think coming, I tell you what.

by Anonymousreply 103October 23, 2018 5:31 AM

Tucson is in Arizona, Rose

by Anonymousreply 104October 23, 2018 5:32 AM

Could be fake but I remember when my son was in preschool I bought invitations to his classmates for his birthday party. The first thing the preschool teacher told me was not to bother because no one will show up. She said that’s just the way the parents are at the school. She was right so it was a good thing I had invited some other kids.

Unless you have kids you don’t realize how many parents out there just suck and only care about their own little monster. I don’t find the story that far fetched.

by Anonymousreply 105October 23, 2018 5:36 AM

Kids eat pizza all the time so they aren't going to get excited about that. And the parents probably don't want to sit around a restaurant with a bunch of people they don't know, either.

by Anonymousreply 106October 23, 2018 5:40 AM

In high school, I threw a party once... invited my best friends. They said they'd come.

Nobody showed up.

I was devastated. Turns out they all went to some other party I wasn't invited to.

I didn't get anything positive out of it. There was no social media back then. My parents were out, so I just sat in my house alone. I got no support afterwards, from anyone.

True story.

by Anonymousreply 107October 23, 2018 5:43 AM

R107 I don't doubt the story, I feel the child is now being humiliated many times over.

by Anonymousreply 108October 23, 2018 5:46 AM

R88

In middle school you can (or could) order single roses and carnations and have them delivered to someone you liked.

by Anonymousreply 109October 23, 2018 5:53 AM

were there no RSVP's?

by Anonymousreply 110October 23, 2018 5:57 AM

Yah, it breaks my heart, too. I could have really used a good meal. It was a freaking BUFFET !

A BUFFET, damn it ..... a BUFFET !

by Anonymousreply 111October 23, 2018 5:59 AM

Those are for adults only, it would be very inappropriate to take a 6 year old on RSVP...I don't even think they would allow it.

by Anonymousreply 112October 23, 2018 6:04 AM

With all the kids' parties, things are getting so over the top that a mere pizza party does not rank with most kids. Parties constantly have to out-do each other, spend more, and get more creative, especially if the b-day kid is not so popular. Both parents and children have to be bribed to attend such functions and they need to include more than pizza to guarantee someone will show up on a day off and spend the big bucks on a present that will out-do all the others. It's all about $$$.

by Anonymousreply 113October 23, 2018 6:35 AM

Maybe the 32 kids all rented a party bus and got delayed on the way to the party?

by Anonymousreply 114October 23, 2018 6:46 AM

R107 Did you cry? Did you friends know no one came to your party? What did you do with all the drinks and food?

by Anonymousreply 115October 23, 2018 6:48 AM

R115: Yes I did. Yes they did. Most of it was thrown out.

by Anonymousreply 116October 23, 2018 6:55 AM

I feel much sorrier for R107 than I do for this pizza parlor kid. Did you at least roll a doob and get blazed alone, R107?

by Anonymousreply 117October 23, 2018 7:47 AM

R16 And don't forget the gay minister who wrote something very homophobic on his Whole Foods birthday cake and claimed the bakers did it.

by Anonymousreply 118October 23, 2018 8:23 AM

My parents wouldn’t allow me to have kids parties. “You get enough presents from your family.”

Plus my birthday is right in the middle of school summer break.

by Anonymousreply 119October 23, 2018 8:53 AM

R20. Are you serious? A six year old has emotions and feels rejection believe me. I recall how mean kids that age are and it can stay with you a long time. Small kids understand rejection keenly you idiot. He's six not 6 months!

by Anonymousreply 120October 23, 2018 9:47 AM

R116 I hope you were not traumatized by the event.

by Anonymousreply 121October 23, 2018 10:00 AM

Maybe if Mom had remembered our children have a gluten intolerance and arranged for gluten-free pizza, more of us would have come!

by Anonymousreply 122October 23, 2018 10:10 AM

Not a real kid. Obviously a midget.

by Anonymousreply 123October 23, 2018 10:22 AM

They should have picked up the 32 classmates in a fleet of limos. Then, at least a handful might have managed to show up.

by Anonymousreply 124October 23, 2018 10:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 23, 2018 10:32 AM

Was there no rsvp in the invitation? How much notice did the guests get? Who throws a party for a kid without knowing how many kids are actually coming? How do you cater for it if you don’t know? What size cake do you get? So many questionsz

This has staged written all over it. Poor kid, this is his parents fault.

by Anonymousreply 126October 23, 2018 10:46 AM

Half Pint didn't come to my birthday party because she's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 127October 23, 2018 11:28 AM

Ha! R97...very true today.

by Anonymousreply 128October 23, 2018 11:47 AM

Maybe he's the class bully.

by Anonymousreply 129October 23, 2018 1:01 PM

And then I realized my mom put the wrong date down on the invite ....cunt

by Anonymousreply 130October 23, 2018 1:12 PM

The kids couldn't come because they were probably with their parents at a Trump rally

by Anonymousreply 131October 23, 2018 1:31 PM

Faux news. No kid turns down free pizza!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 23, 2018 1:34 PM

No, R117. I was 17 years old, and it was 1982 in suburbia. That wasn't even an option or a consideration.

R121, yeah I kinda was.

by Anonymousreply 133October 23, 2018 2:01 PM

Why are there a bunch of plates (not 32) thrown around on the table, along with several half eaten pizzas? Total fake, the mother should have the child taken away and put into a foster home immediately.

by Anonymousreply 134October 23, 2018 3:32 PM

They are in a pizza buffet restaurant. The entire restaurant wasn't reserved for his party, anyone can come in and dine. That's why your seeing half eaten pizzas. Look closely at the pics.

If this is really true, it's not to early to teach the kid to grow a set of balls. He's gonna need them ........

by Anonymousreply 135October 24, 2018 1:33 AM

R135 the photo is clearly set up to be of the boys party where only he was there. And they do reserve tables at those places for parties. My point was that the photo looks intentionally staged.

by Anonymousreply 136October 24, 2018 5:08 AM

Also note that the plates are untouched for the most part and appear to have been thrown on there in attempt to make it seem like they were seat placements for people that hadn't showed. I think maybe YOU should take a closer look at the pics.

by Anonymousreply 137October 24, 2018 5:09 AM

It's a pizza buffet restaurant, the pizzas are there for everybody to take.

by Anonymousreply 138October 24, 2018 5:50 AM

Remember when Chris Evans and Mark Ruffalo said they would take that kid to their movie premiere? The kid was bullied or something but ended up having Nazi parents. What happened with that?

by Anonymousreply 139October 24, 2018 6:12 AM

[quote]What kind of sick mother would have this go viral and follow their child for the rest of their life?

The kind of sick mother who would stage the whole thing praying for a Go Fund Me windfall. That kind.

by Anonymousreply 140October 24, 2018 6:42 AM

When a child has no school friends, it really is the parents fault. No one likes the mother. No other parent wanted their children around that mother. This is why.

Also, if parents do not think the party venue is safe and fun for kids, they will not let their kids go. I mean really, what parent is going to drop everything to send their kids to a party of someone they have not approved of overtime.

It is sad because this parent really messed with their own kid, and on their birthday. It is really sad. This boy is so young and a family outing would be perfectly appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 141October 24, 2018 7:14 AM

Kids love pizza!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 24, 2018 8:24 AM

I'm happy to attend this commoner birthday

by Anonymousreply 143October 24, 2018 9:20 AM

On a Sunday afternoon ppl have more fun things to do. Birthday parties could be stressful. Should have held it on a Saturday evening.

by Anonymousreply 144October 24, 2018 10:26 AM

Peter Piper is not a buffet restaurant, at least not the ones near me. My friend's kid had a party there - you reserve tables in a section and get X amount of pizzas, drinks, desserts etc. And like many posters, I smell bullshit. Small kids LOVE pizza, and Peter Piper has a huge games section as well. Not to mention the whole RSVP factor.

Also, I can't believe the stories about Valentines Day. When I was a kid, the teacher gave out class lists and made it known that cards/etc had to be distributed to the whole class or to no one. People gave their friends special cards, but even the creepiest kids got some.

That really sucks to hear about r107. How did your friends justify not showing up? When I was in high school I didn't have many friends, but the ones I did have I was super close with.

by Anonymousreply 145October 24, 2018 10:31 AM

I asked my sister-in-law about this, she said she'd seen it too and was not sure if it was fake, though it seemed to be.

She pointed out that there were probably only about a dozen kids invited--the rest would have been parents, maybe even older or younger siblings, as, according to her, you would not drop a six year-old off at a birthday party but would be expected to stay, though she said it would be odd for both parents to stay unless you were very close with the family.

by Anonymousreply 146October 24, 2018 10:37 AM

R136 that is not how a buffet restaurant works, if it even is a buffet restaurant. They don't just leave random pizzas out on random tables. This is a staged photo. You are an idiot and should kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 147October 24, 2018 1:05 PM

And r147 is still wondering to this day why nobody showed up for his birthday party at the roller relating rink.

by Anonymousreply 148October 24, 2018 1:22 PM

R148 = that weird kid who plays with hinself

by Anonymousreply 149October 24, 2018 1:30 PM

God, I hated being a kid.

by Anonymousreply 150October 24, 2018 1:57 PM

I've worked for a similar place and it's not unlikely that the server set the pizzas down and left them. Where I worked you have x amount of time at your table. Everything is delivered quickly so that you can get the most out of your time. I didn't work there for long but I can remember two incidents where no one showed up for the birthday. As well as a few times where only a few people showed up. I don't know of this was staged but it does happen. The only things I find off are the amount of plates the person ordered and the fact that they would humiliate their child by taking a pic.

by Anonymousreply 151October 24, 2018 2:01 PM

Correction: looking at the photo again I think the pizza placement is accurate for the type of restaurant it is and they probably ordered full pizzas to accommodate some of the older guests.

by Anonymousreply 152October 24, 2018 2:06 PM

r151/r152 I don't buy it.

by Anonymousreply 153October 24, 2018 2:24 PM

Why has no one mentioned all those people standing in the background of the pic? Why are they all grouped,looking at the kid? To me it looks like they were cleared out so the attention whore mother could stage the scene. Wether true or not,this incident coupled with the attention whore mother posting on social media has ensured this will follow the kid through his entire school career. I guarantee when hes a senior,SOMEONE is going to say "remember when you had that party and no one showed?" . I once had a new years eve party where about 20 rsvp'd theyd be there,and only 3 showed. I had went to great expense for food and liquor,so I was righteously pissed. That was 17 people I IMMEDIATELY punched and deleted.The ones that did show and I had a great time,and they went home with plenty of nibblies and a bottle each !

by Anonymousreply 154October 24, 2018 2:42 PM

Don't you all have bigger things to worry about than a birthday party for a kid that you don't even know?

by Anonymousreply 155October 24, 2018 3:07 PM

So, r154 ........ Why do you think that they blew you off, except for the three losers that showed, the ones who rarely get invited anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 156October 24, 2018 3:11 PM

My boy will turn 5 on Friday, no school party yet although he asked for one. Little kids who have fall birthdays often have less of a turnout with classmate parties because it's a new school year and no one knows each other that well yet, unless it's a small town where everyone knows everyone somehow outside of school. November and December birthdays, and maybe to some extent, January birthdays also get the shaft because everyone is busy with the holidays. February through May classmate birthday parties have the best odds of a turnout.

As far as the mom being a bitch-- it's true, that would keep many of them away, likewise, there are still some people who know it's no fault of the kid and would still show up. Many cities, including mine, use a so-called carpool system (which is about the opposite of what it sounds like) and parents do not even see, much less speak to each other in the school pick-up /drop-off setting. For a parent in a carpool school to go to one of these parties is much like going on a blind date. You could walk into a family of fundies, you could get a group who started drinking before setting up for the party, you never know. I wouldn't know whether so and so's mom is this or that until I'm already in the net.

by Anonymousreply 157October 24, 2018 4:37 PM

R147 doesn't know how a buffet works.

by Anonymousreply 158October 24, 2018 5:01 PM

Sharon Stone didn’t show up? No free cocaine I guess!

by Anonymousreply 159October 24, 2018 5:16 PM

My son's birthday was in august. We had to go to something like 30 birthday parties during the school year between classmates, neighborhood friends & family. Then when it was time for his party, everybody was out of town on vacation

by Anonymousreply 160October 24, 2018 8:10 PM

[quote] according to her, you would not drop a six year-old off at a birthday party but would be expected to stay,

Another helicopter parent thing. Our parents back in the day dropped us off at parties when we were 6 years old. But they were simple parties in kids' homes with birthday cake and simple games we played while wearing ridiculous cone hats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 24, 2018 8:21 PM

R161 Same. It's not a big deal, really. All my birthday pictures look like the one u have posted there. A homemade cake from the box, three pizzas from Hut and one 20 dollar present. I was actually fine w that.

by Anonymousreply 162October 24, 2018 8:31 PM

[quote] Also note that the plates are untouched for the most part and appear to have been thrown on there in attempt to make it seem like they were seat placements for people that hadn't showed

Poor, bitter websleuth fraus trying so hard to make an issue over a kids' party table setup.

by Anonymousreply 163October 24, 2018 9:49 PM

Apparently mom didn't want the attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 24, 2018 11:17 PM

Heh, the Dad told her not to post it on social media and she did it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 165October 24, 2018 11:21 PM

I am surprised, given the massive amount of coverage this is getting, that no one has tried to interview and/or out the parents who did not show up.

by Anonymousreply 166October 24, 2018 11:25 PM

^^Or that one of them hasn't seen this as her chance to score 15 minutes of fame and offered a counternarrative.

by Anonymousreply 167October 24, 2018 11:26 PM

[quote]Also note that the plates are untouched for the most part and appear to have been thrown on there in attempt to make it seem like they were seat placements for people that hadn't showed

The plates were laid out to save the seats at the table.

by Anonymousreply 168October 24, 2018 11:27 PM

Now I want pizza for dinner! Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 169October 24, 2018 11:47 PM

Maybe the mother should fend off her son's disappointment by the four letters RSVP.

by Anonymousreply 170October 24, 2018 11:51 PM

The websleuth fraus make me glad I don't have kids. Just imagine dealing with them.

by Anonymousreply 171October 25, 2018 12:03 AM

The woman's numbers are changing. The latest story is now 15 children were invited who didn't show up.

by Anonymousreply 172October 25, 2018 12:09 AM

Oh, was *I* supposed to mail the invitations?

by Anonymousreply 173October 25, 2018 12:28 AM

“Sorry, I have other shit going on this weekend.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 25, 2018 1:39 AM

Someone fixded his cheeseburger!

by Anonymousreply 175October 25, 2018 1:40 AM

Crisis actor.

by Anonymousreply 176October 25, 2018 5:26 AM

Look at the table in the back of the picture. Someone else's parents/family did this the right way, mainly family. Also, that other kid got balloons too. This is a game place, so the family should have sat at the table and the b-day kid should have been playing games. The family should have taken over, if a kid or two had to cancel at the last minute. I am telling you no one likes that mother.

I am glad that mother is getting backlash for kid bulling, and humiliating her own son on his B-day.

by Anonymousreply 177October 25, 2018 7:17 AM

They're just not that into you, Teddy.

by Anonymousreply 178October 25, 2018 10:45 AM

I just studied the pizzas in the picture(s) and now I'm fucking hungry!

by Anonymousreply 179October 25, 2018 10:53 AM

Am I the only one who thinks it's OK to admit your kid's a loser, outcast, ugly-whatever? I don't condone bullying or cruelty, but not everyone is going to be in the popular group. Assuming this isn't an EST on the mum's part, she should know the kid's in one of those categories and plan accordingly. Unless it's not about the kid, of course, it's still all about the mother. There are waaaay too many narcissists having kids because 'their clock is ticking'.

All this "everyone gets a prize", and "everyone who meets [son, daughter] loves him/her!" leads to really fucked up people in adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 180October 31, 2018 9:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!