Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone watching "Anne with an E"?

They introduced a gayling character; artistic ginger boy Cole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2018 1:57 AM

No one?

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2018 12:36 PM

This Anne is fucking ugly. At least Megan Swallows was pretty and a good actor

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2018 12:39 PM

Follows R2, Follows.

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2018 12:42 PM

I wanted to love it, and I tried. But it the original so outshines the attempt, it was blah. Tried to make it a bit too modern and it just did not work. I was also disgusted they did not film in place. I think that was a shit way out.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2018 12:47 PM

It's excellent.....Americans have no taste

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2018 1:26 PM

Well, I am Canadian and I still felt it lacking from the original.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2018 2:43 PM

I like it but it’s a little heavy handed in trying to update it to today’s moral/political standards. It’s charming though.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2018 3:00 PM

She's full of piss and vinegar and I like the show.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2018 11:21 PM

That ugly troglodyte from Love Actually will never mature into his face, will he?

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2018 11:27 PM

It's a TERRIBLE title. There's too much good stuff on nowadays. PASS.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2018 11:39 PM

At least they spell it correctly.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2018 11:40 PM

R10 it was originally called Anne but for some reason the CBC changed it to Anne with an E. Probably to make American's happy.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2018 12:52 PM

I was hoping it was an AnnE Hathaway reality show.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2018 1:14 PM

R9, come on. He was good on Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2018 1:25 PM

Last night gayling Cole put on a dress and a tiara. The look on Marilla's face was...interesting. Then another boy used a board to knock Cole off a ladder and Cole's wrist was broken.

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2018 1:01 PM

So Cole is definitely gay? Haven't seen any of it, just started watching the final episode of season two.

by Anonymousreply 16November 1, 2018 6:07 AM

What happened to Cole? What's that thing in the woods that's been destroyed? Billy is going to be hot when he's older.

by Anonymousreply 17November 1, 2018 6:09 AM

Shit is there animal cruelty in this? Some guy carrying a jaw trap and Anne talking about a fox...

by Anonymousreply 18November 1, 2018 6:13 AM

I may get to it after I finish watching Liza With a Zed.

by Anonymousreply 19November 1, 2018 6:27 AM

What's with Aunt Josephine? What happened that Diana was narrow minded about her?

by Anonymousreply 20November 1, 2018 6:39 AM

It's super engrossing but so sad at the same time. The Pyes are so cruel. Brings back so much bullying I endured in school.

by Anonymousreply 21November 1, 2018 7:39 AM

R16 I read an article where the actor talks about the character being gay and after leaving Avonlea he decided to stay with Aunt Josephine.

R17 he was knocked off a ladder and broke his wrist. That is the clubhouse Anne and two other girls hide in to write stories.

R18 the fox has been visiting Anne at the clubhouse in the woods. Not sure what happens with the trap, haven't seen that ep yet.

R20 Aunt Josephine is an old lez who's wife died. She's also a free spirit who hangs around artists and actors!

R21 watching this with my mom, she said rotten kids have been around for as long as kids have existed.

by Anonymousreply 22November 1, 2018 12:33 PM

Thanks, R22.

by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2018 1:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!