Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Leah Remini Takes on the JWs

That broad has balls. Who is next? The Cat-licks and their pedo rings? Admire her for taking on these cults.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 18, 2018 6:28 AM

Knock knock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2018 9:10 PM

She did an awesome job of exposing the Scino$. Onto other cults that damage people and their lives.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2018 5:15 PM

Serena Williams will be PISSED!!

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2018 5:41 PM

Wheres's Shelly?

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2018 4:44 AM

They have a stronghold in my state...it is pretty disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2018 4:48 AM

Love Leah. She’s—dare I say it?—a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2018 4:55 AM

what? fuckyouology doesn't have enough illegal bullshit skeletons in the closet to keep her busy for 2 lifetimes??? ' leah, ride the high hard one more and calm down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2018 4:59 AM

They keep coming back to our home even though we told them nicely to fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2018 5:00 AM

Season 3 of her Scientology series begins Nov 27th. Looks good as the previews show her doggedly looking for Shelly Miscavidge.

You in danger, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2018 6:38 AM

The JW program was so sad.

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2018 6:01 PM

I didn't see it, why was it sad? No Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2018 6:08 PM

R11 - multiple suicides, attempted suicide, broken families, pedophilia, physical abuse.

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2018 7:02 PM

And no birthdays.

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2018 7:02 PM

R5 what state is that?

I'm from Mass. and I started to be friends with some JWs I'd met at the gym. We even hung out together. But after I said I was not interested in joining their church, they immediately ended the fledgling friendship. They said they can't fraternize with non-believers of "the truth." It made me sad, because they seemed like the type of people I'd want as friends. They were reliable, punctual, and very welcoming. But now I see that they were just trying to recruit me.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2018 7:04 PM

They shun non-believing family members, especially if you renounce the faith. A couple of the stories on the show were about family members who committed suicide because of being shunned.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2018 7:06 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses practice shunning. One kid at my older sisters high school was shunned after he had premarital sex. He eventually had to earn their trust back.

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2018 7:06 PM

They're every bit as sick as the Scios. Remini did the one episode about JWs because so many ex JWs had contacted her bringing their issues to her attention.

But make no mistake. Her focus is bringing down Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2018 7:16 PM

Every ex JW I have ever met has been extremely weird and unlikable. They have very damaged personalities because of their awful upbringings.

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2018 7:21 PM

She’s going after helpess religions. If she had balls—she’s go after that murderous anti-gay cult, Islam.

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2018 7:24 PM

Are JWs the people who believe they know he exact number of people who will get into heaven?

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2018 7:24 PM

R20 something like that. They believe that after the Resurrection, only a select few will be allowed to continue living with Jehovah in heaven, but the rest will live in a paradise on earth.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2018 7:27 PM

R19. Inform yourself, turd slinger. LR knows Scientology because she was part of it. Who better to challenge them than a ball busting ex clam?

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2018 7:42 PM

Kevin Can Wait shunned the first wife. Where is the investigation on that?

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2018 7:42 PM

Sorry, R22. Islam is the gay man’s religion.

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2018 7:44 PM

Is Serena Williams's husband a JW?

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2018 7:47 PM

It really helped Michael Jackson deal with his issues.

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2018 7:49 PM

r20, 144,000 is number JW believe are going to heaven and all these seats are pretty much filled already, so the rest will be resurrected here on earth. Had an aunt who got into JW when I was growing up. She didn't have to shun the rest of the family as our Italian/Catholic family shunned her first for embarrassing the family, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2018 7:57 PM

I’m glad she moved on from Scientology. I was getting tired of hearing her shit on them even though they deserve it. It was getting tired.

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2018 9:22 PM

R28 - in Season 3, it seems that she and Mike are going to follow the money and look at their tax exemption status.

I remember in the first season (?) that she and Mike R. were going to a meeting. They couldn't say who they were meeting with and they had the cameras turned off. Was it with a politician/state law maker?

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2018 1:08 AM

Prediction: Once LR has landed a Cooking Show ala Valerie/Barbara Cooper, she'll abandon her religious / social endeavors.

Money's tight.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2018 1:18 AM

I can understand going after the scientologists, they hold people prisoner. JWs don't do that, they're just annoying.

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2018 1:27 AM

Agree r31, scientos are criminal. JW I know are just weird, one I knw wouldn't eat little holiday Reese's cups wrapped in red and green because they were Christmas colors, lol.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2018 1:32 AM

There is a reason that former JWs feel a kinship with LR and her $cientology work. They’ve been cut off from their families and have seen their lives wrecked by the dictates of a punishing, unforgiving religion.

I do think Islam is too big and too varied a target, but there is serious crossover in regard to those who leave the religion, either for conversion or atheism.

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2018 1:45 AM

Jehovahs Witnesses hold people as emotional hostages. I had a neighbor in college who was one—she left with her kids and became a stripper to make ends meet because she had no education (I guess her poverty made her choose apartments that housed students) and then became a druggie. Her husband refused to help because he was on “God’s Side” and the church hid him in another state so he never made it to court. It was one of the worst, fastest slides down I have ever seen a human being take—in part because her friends and family were all members, and she was cast out as if on an iceberg.

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2018 1:49 AM

Awful story r34. I did know JW don't value or pursue higher education as a rule.

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2018 1:55 AM

R31, R32 - they are a little more than annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2018 2:03 AM

R35 they feel that once you finish with mandatory education you should devote your life to preaching The Good News. If you choose to get a higher education you won't be able to do that. I was raised in that cult. When I was ten or so (early 70s) I remember my friend's Witness mom got upset because her non-Witness husband wanted his kids to go to college. The way the mom and the sisters reacted it was as if dad had said he wanted his daughters to become streetwalkers.

You did NOT pursue a higher education and expect you'd remain in Jehovah's Book of Life!

by Anonymousreply 37November 18, 2018 2:06 AM

r36 thanks for posting.

r37 Glad you got out.

by Anonymousreply 38November 18, 2018 2:11 AM

Emotional hostage my ass. They can't shun anyone who has never been baptized, and been the ones who have can avoid being shunned by not going to church for at least a year, so no one has to be shunned unless they are wanting to be or are to stupid to just stop going.

by Anonymousreply 39November 18, 2018 2:15 AM

Emotional hostage my ass. They can't shun anyone who has never been baptized, and been the ones who have can avoid being shunned by not going to church for at least a year, so no one has to be shunned unless they are wanting to be or are to stupid to just stop going.

by Anonymousreply 40November 18, 2018 2:15 AM

*Even, not been.

by Anonymousreply 41November 18, 2018 2:16 AM

Sorry, I'm high.

by Anonymousreply 42November 18, 2018 2:17 AM

Are JW mostly African American in the US?

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2018 2:39 AM

R43 I wrote upthread about befriending some at the gym. The husband was Italian-American, and her family was from El Salvador but she was born in the US. I went to their Kingdom Hall for some Easter service (they invited me, so I checked it out), and it was a pretty multiracial/-cultural congregation.

by Anonymousreply 44November 18, 2018 2:45 AM

I live in a small community in Arizona. Besides being inundated weekly by the JW door-knockers, one thing that appalls me is that the local library, let's the JW crew set up a tent with info, reps and literature once a month on the side-walk right in front (okay a couple steps to the left) of the entrance. When I first saw this blatant attempt at religious recruitment on what I considered, my taxpayers dime, I called the town hall and raised HOLY hell. According to them, the JW's were technically on a public roadway, not the library steps, and any party was free to demonstrate "free speech" including a religious organization. I am seriously considering not paying my f*cking state taxes this year.

by Anonymousreply 45November 18, 2018 3:29 AM

I hope she takes on the Amish and Mennonites next.

People seem to view them through these rose-coloured lenses where everything is idyllic and peaceful. Far from the truth.

[quote]They are good at covering up. Their deceit is really crafty. Their lies are worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 18, 2018 3:46 AM

OP, the link you provided says 'Page Not Found". When and where can I see this episode about her JW expose? I've never seen any of her Scientology shows. Are they on A&E? I want to see this JW expose as I was raised in that cult but broke away once I was old enough to. It was a nightmare. From age 6 (when my father converted to JW) I daily had "the Truth" forced down my throat and was made to sit in a chair while he stood over me with a JW bible (they have their own special version of the bible) in his hand, preaching at me for hours and hours and being beaten if I didn't pay attention. I was not allowed to have any friends, not allowed to go out and play or go anywhere by myself, no holidays or birthdays allowed, and many other weird religious restrictions. I was forced to go out "Pioneering" twice a week with him - Pioneering is what they call going door to door to preach the "Good News". And regular visits to the Kingdom Hall. I became an expert on everything about that sect, I read all the literature, the Awake! and Watchtower magazines, etc. I hated it but I was trapped, I was a hostage because no one would make him stop. I was the youngest kid, the other three were much older and almost grown up so he couldn't force them. I did try to protest and argue against him but he accused me of being "rebellious" and beat me more. As I said this all started when I was 6 years old and carried on until my teens. Once I broke away I became a total atheist. I will have nothing to do with any type of organized religions. I can see right through all of their phony bullshit. It's mind control.

by Anonymousreply 47November 18, 2018 4:02 AM

R47 that sounds like a "your shitty father problem."

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2018 5:51 AM

I think you have to differentiate between "bad religions" vs. "bad people who practice a certain religion". We can all probably name assholes who practice extreme behaviors under the guise of their religion. But I don't think the tenets of every religion are bad. In some cases, organized religion can provide a community, preach forgiveness, offer charitable support or emotional support/counseling, etc.

by Anonymousreply 49November 18, 2018 6:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!