Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Star is Born Triumphs!

A Star is Born has grossed over $200 mil worldwide on a 36 mil budget. Where all the Gaga haters now? Where are the people saying this movie would flop? Well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 5, 2018 2:34 AM

Now they'll start calling Bradley Cooper the next Orson Welles.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2018 8:42 AM

Well, I haven't seen it -- and I don't plan to see it.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2018 8:47 AM

I look forward to never seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2018 8:51 AM

No one cares

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2018 8:51 AM

r4 Those who don't care don't click on the news.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2018 8:52 AM

Still #1 on Billboard as well.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2018 8:56 AM

I'll watch it when the DVD is available on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2018 9:10 AM

For the limited theaters it's been in, Glenn Close's The Wife is far more successful from a profit standpoint.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2018 9:11 AM

I’m right here!

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2018 9:12 AM

[quote]Where all the Gaga haters now? Where are the people saying this movie would flop? Well?

In their retirement communities. Eating jello.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2018 9:21 AM

I'll download it when it leaks, not paying to see that closeted cock and that supercilious cunt

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2018 9:27 AM

R11 hideous supercilious cunt!

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2018 9:29 AM

[quote] For the limited theaters it's been in, Glenn Close's The Wife is far more successful from a profit standpoint.

No it hasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2018 9:29 AM

#1 at the Australian box office.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2018 9:43 AM

Mia Farrow praises the film and calls herself a Little Monster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2018 9:43 AM

A Star Is Born AND Venom!

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2018 9:48 AM

Jesus GaGa fans are dicks, no wonder she is so reviled, she is so fake and her fans are obsessed morons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2018 9:49 AM

No matter how many times you repeat this thread, she’s not going to win an acting Oscar. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2018 10:01 AM

How many threads on this are necessary?

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2018 10:02 AM

Glenn's film is a tour de force. Gaga is a half baked stunt singer who belongs on a reality show for 'shock value'. Those in the know feel this is Glenn's last chance. She has had to endure being in Streep's orbit and always, always coming second. Give it to Glenn - tell Gaga to stay in music.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2018 10:12 AM

Last week I ended up seeing Venom watching Tom Hardy mumble his way through the movie and this week I watched Jamie Hermaphrodite in the new Halloween. I have no interest in seeing a KaKa movie that never reached #1

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2018 10:47 AM

Somebody's publicist is working overtime here..

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2018 3:09 PM

The fact remains, numerous people here said the movie would flop and flop hard. No one would want to see it. Disaster at the box office. The whole works.

Where are those people now? What do they have to say for themselves? Now it’s all, “she won’t beat Glenn,” well that wasn’t the issue or the question. The movie is a success and a massive one at that. A huge, huge hit. So come on down and eat some crow you haters!

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2018 3:18 PM

"Now they'll start calling Bradley Cooper the next Orson Welles."

Nah. His direction is pedestrian, nothing special. He's in that same category as Angelina Jolie, Kevin Spacey and James Franco.

A few women were sniffling at the showing I went to. I guess it touched some people who have dealt with addiction issues in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2018 3:24 PM

How much do we think Bradley Cooper makes on this? Do directors get a % of profit or gross? Or do the producers who put up the money get all the profit? Seems like it could be a Ben Stiller level payoff that makes him set for life. Maybe now he will come out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2018 3:33 PM

She's an awful actress that's being prepped up by the Hollywood machine, doesn't matter how critics were "STUNNED, In AWE" etc. She's still awful and that closeted loser Bradley cooper can choke on a veiny dick.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2018 3:39 PM

[quote]Maybe now he will come out of the closet

I think one thing we can all be sure of is that Cooper will never come out.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2018 3:47 PM

r22, see r23. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2018 12:28 AM

r24, or maybe they have, and thats why they got emotional. You fkin cunts are incredible sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2018 12:29 AM

OP, where did you get $200M? From the article you linked:

[quote] A Star Is Born grabbed the No. 2 spot, projected to make $19.3 million this weekend, adding to an overall gross of $126.4 million, per Variety.

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2018 12:44 AM

r30, That is stateside only. Check other sites for international gross.

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2018 6:18 AM

R23 Her own fans were even saying that.

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2018 6:22 AM

Hopefully Gaga is not as full of herself and delusional as she is in real life.

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2018 6:25 AM

Jesus she needs to delete the plastic surgeon’s number already.

by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2018 6:27 AM

It is a good time for franchises. Even Venom and Halloween what the fuck ever did massive numbers.

And the word is Bradley is good he could have had Camila Carbrero or some other unknown and it still would have done well.

The songs are so basic and forgettable, the Shallow is the only decent one.

by Anonymousreply 35October 24, 2018 6:29 AM

I saw it and thought it was okay. I have to admit, Lady Gaga was good, she was radiant. It was Bradley Cooper that I couldn't stand. I could barely understand what he was saying, he mumbled throughout the movie and played his role with his head bent down most of the time which became annoying.

by Anonymousreply 36October 24, 2018 6:57 AM

Shallow sucks being top of itunes means crap lots of crap goes number one these days.

by Anonymousreply 37October 24, 2018 7:00 AM

R37 streaming means a lot more. It was doing well on spotify but is dropping again, and the song fell to number 10 on the billboard charts. All this hype and only one song will briefly make the top ten.

by Anonymousreply 38October 24, 2018 7:06 AM

R38 it’s a crap song and I hope Dolly parton beats it for the oscar!

by Anonymousreply 39October 24, 2018 7:09 AM

Third week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 24, 2018 5:21 PM

$250 million worldwide now.

by Anonymousreply 41October 28, 2018 9:04 PM

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 42October 28, 2018 10:09 PM

I saw it. Boring. Waaaaay too long. Was there an editor? I thought Gaga was good. The number of closeups of BC was laughable, and considering he directed, even more hilarious. Very predictable. My friend and I kept whispering what was gonna happen next... and it did. If this is considered great filmmaking, I fear for us.

by Anonymousreply 43October 28, 2018 10:40 PM

Gaga was good in this. I loved the movie, but it could have been a half hour shorter. I could see them earning an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 44October 28, 2018 11:07 PM

Yes Gaga the Fake Madonna. That's great she's having a good career But, we've moved on.

by Anonymousreply 45October 28, 2018 11:15 PM

All the Gaga haters can go eat ass. You said for months this film would flop both critically and financially. That the world had turned it back on Gaga, and her career was over. Where are you now? Speak the fuck up. You were so sure of yourself. And look how she proved you wrong. This movie is not only a hit; its one of the best musical dramas in decades and clearly an Oscar front runner. Your Poker Faces suck.

by Anonymousreply 46October 28, 2018 11:39 PM

[quote] A Star is Born has grossed over $200 mil worldwide on a 36 mil budget. Where all the Gaga haters now?

Why would her popularity with others mean that people who hate her would stop hating her?

I like Gaga myself, but that's absolutely stupid logic. Being popular does NOT certify quality, nor does it shut people up. If it did, we would then all have to agree that NCIS is the greatest TV show in America and that Avatar was the greatest movie ever made.

by Anonymousreply 47October 28, 2018 11:44 PM

Deluded monster cow detected r46

by Anonymousreply 48October 28, 2018 11:45 PM

r47, I get what you are saying, but the Gaga haters were saying that she was washed up. That she would never be big again. That she couldn't sing nor act, or have the cinematic presence to carry a movie of this magnitude. A film doesn't gross this much from a fanbase alone. Mainstream audiences are eating this up. Just like the phenomenal talent that she is, Gaga has made a helluva comeback with a bang.

by Anonymousreply 49October 28, 2018 11:47 PM

[quote] The number of closeups of BC was laughable, and considering he directed, even more hilarious

What was up with his face? His skin looked sunburnt and greasy. And he kept talking with his head down. I liked Gaga but his performance was subpar.

by Anonymousreply 50October 28, 2018 11:57 PM

Her singing performances were great, but her acting wasn’t good enough.

by Anonymousreply 51October 29, 2018 12:02 AM

[quote]A film doesn't gross this much from a fanbase alone. Mainstream audiences are eating this up. Just like the phenomenal talent that she is, Gaga has made a helluva comeback with a bang.

To be fair, this movie would have done well had Cooper cast, say, Amanda Seyfried or Rihanna. She was a cog in the machine.

by Anonymousreply 52October 29, 2018 12:03 AM

r52, I don't think Rihanna could have Americanized herself for this type of role, and Amanda Seyfried doesn't have the charm or starpower necessary either.

by Anonymousreply 53October 29, 2018 12:06 AM

[quote]She has had to endure being in Streep's orbit and always, always coming second.

While it's true Glenn has to endure being in Streep's orbit she is not second. Glenn's acting chops are superior to Meryl's but Meryl clearly had the better connections and got the better parts. Streep also is more conventionally "good looking". I put the good looking part in quotes because I have never thought Streep was very attractive. But her looks make her likable and accessible. Much like Tom Criuse, Meryl is most believable when she is playing an asshole or doing a comedic performance.

by Anonymousreply 54October 29, 2018 12:06 AM

The movie had a few moments. Mostly in the live performances. The acting/drama was strictly average.

by Anonymousreply 55October 29, 2018 12:43 AM

I agree with those who say it could have been trimmed by at least ten minutes and I write this as someone who enjoyed ASIB.

by Anonymousreply 56October 29, 2018 1:18 AM

R46 one of the best musical dramas in decades, Jesus Christ! Go watch Walk the Line for starters.

The movie has done well. she is only going to get one brief top ten out of this, despite all the buzz and hype. Radio still won't touch her.

This is what annoys people her fanbase is so annoying and cocky. If she was so talented, why is her back catalogue such an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 57October 29, 2018 1:56 AM

She looks like a corpse that had her head reconstructed for a viewing, she's to damn ugly to be a leading lady and too old, unless she becomes an incredible actress she'll just be cast in ugly monster/demon roles like Ursula from little mermaid.

by Anonymousreply 58October 29, 2018 2:00 AM

I thought BC was really good and LGG was just okay. You can tell she doesn't have a lot of acting experience. *Spoiler Alert *

The part where he pissed his pants onstage at the awards show made me cringe. No wonder he hung himself.

by Anonymousreply 59October 29, 2018 2:17 AM

[quote]Amanda Seyfried doesn't have the charm or starpower necessary either.

Sure she doesn’t 🙄

by Anonymousreply 60October 29, 2018 2:41 AM

Really, Pink, Kelly Clarkson, or any other big voiced singer could have probably done just as well or better. Well, maybe not, since they weren't desperately trying to prove they have "talent", they do that naturally through their work.

by Anonymousreply 61October 29, 2018 2:51 AM

r57, Your annoying. Your opinion has been invalidated by nearly every major media publication and the public alike. Radio plays trash nowadays, though I suspect Gaga will again find her niche for top 40 crap. Gaga is the Cher of our generation. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 62October 29, 2018 3:57 AM

Lets see, Pink is built like a refrigerator and Kelly Clarkson is a munchin. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 63October 29, 2018 3:58 AM

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 29, 2018 11:01 PM

Stay pressed!

by Anonymousreply 65October 29, 2018 11:02 PM

R63 and Fugga has the face of a baboon’s ass, your point?

by Anonymousreply 66October 29, 2018 11:44 PM

[quote] that closeted loser Bradley cooper can choke on a veiny dick.

Excuse me!?!

I took both Liam and Victor and never even gagged.

by Anonymousreply 67October 30, 2018 10:07 PM

We haven't had this kind of movie for awhile. Two white folks fallin' in love. Singin'. Spotlights. Anthems. Heart strings.

It's been Marvel and whatever the hell all that teenage franchise shit has been for so long.

It's a movie that idiots in every state will watch.

by Anonymousreply 68October 30, 2018 10:10 PM

I saw it tonight and the theater was pretty full, surprisingly. Bradley's performance and the Gaga's singing stole the show.

by Anonymousreply 69November 5, 2018 12:49 AM

The movie was great but didn’t need the suicide. It earned a happier ending. And would have made sense given the current climate of every other person in LA being in AA/recovery.

by Anonymousreply 70November 5, 2018 1:57 AM

Cooper was mentored by Clint Eastwood. SIB has the look and pacing of one of his better movies. Malpaso Productions was behind SIB and is Clint's company.

by Anonymousreply 71November 5, 2018 2:12 AM

The scene where he apologizes for ruining her moment really got to me. Also, the one where the manager comes to the house and talks to him. My sister's husband is a recovering alcoholic and she was very weepy throughout the movie. She said they made the pain of knowing and loving an addict very authentic.

by Anonymousreply 72November 5, 2018 2:20 AM

Best film of the year.... Gaga is amazing, but let's give praise to Bradley. A brilliant performance and incredible direction. Blew away my expectations

by Anonymousreply 73November 5, 2018 2:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!