Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bravo to Greg Berlanti and Supergirl for their trans story tonight

On this day when Trump is beginning his assault against the trans community (and by extension the entire LGBTQ community), Berlanti and Co aired a powerful message about acceptance of all people.

After adding trans actress Nicole Maines as a series regular this season, she came out to James as a transwoman, providing a nice parallel to the alien discrimination going on on Supergirl’s earth.

The CW and the Arrowverse in particular send a strong message of inclusion for all people. Thank you for giving all people, but especially young people, this message.

by Anonymousreply 139November 13, 2018 2:55 AM

So he is man in makeup face? How super

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote] After adding trans actress Nicole Maines as a series regular this season, she came out to James as a transwoman

And if James' next line wasn't "No shit, you cock in a frock," then that writer needs to be fired.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2018 1:38 AM

R2 Did he need to come out> He is one of those truck drivers in makeup face or a Thai ladyboy that will make evryone comfortable cause they 'pass' and don't look like a grid iron player in frilly panties

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2018 1:45 AM

I was surprised to learn she is trans. If she hadn’t said anything I wouldn’t have known.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2018 1:47 AM

Her photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2018 1:48 AM

She took hormone blockers before puberty and never morphed from testosterone. It worked really well.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2018 1:52 AM

R6 Until you talk to her, and realize he is a fucking mess, take his panties off and realize his genitalia looks like a yak vomited betwixt his thighs. Lets check back in 5 years, after his tv career has tanked cause he cannot act, and see how his head space is then

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2018 1:55 AM

R7, have you seen her performances on Supergirl? She sounds 100% female and she’s a very natural actress. You honestly watched tonight’s episode and thought she couldn’t act?

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2018 2:01 AM

R8 What does 'sounding female' mean? Are you saying a woman has to have a light, airy fairy voice to be accepted as a woman? Cause you are on a really stupid slope in your views of what passes and is acceptable for how a 'woman' needs to behave

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2018 2:04 AM

R8 It’s just a resident anti-trans Nazi. Every time anyone here says “transgender,” they go berserk and start firing up their ovens. I’m blocking all of them from now on.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2018 2:04 AM

Don't bother, R8. You're talking to one of our resident obsessed anti-trans idiots.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2018 2:04 AM

R10 R11 Yes, we must stop people thinking about their programming and behavior because of it.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2018 2:09 AM

Hasn't every network show that has put a focus on trannys then crashed and burned

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2018 2:33 AM

Looks more real than Jizz Jannings. Let the mascara run. I love the pics of Melissa Benoist getting top tier dick.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2018 3:00 AM

Trump is reinstating Title IX original intent, which was to provide biological females the opportunities in education that biological males have enjoyed since time immemorial.

But go ahead and keep up this attack on women and watch liberal women lose enthusiasm for a party , the Democrats, that puts biologically male fantasists over basic human rights for women.

Women know the GOP hate them. Now they’re finding out the Democrats do too.

Again, Title IX was written to address the injustices faced by biological women. Not men who in their autistic, Cluster B personality disordered brains thought that they were women.

you trans loving women-haters obviously want Trump 4 Life and you’re going to get him.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2018 3:00 AM

[quote]R10 R11 Yes, we must stop people thinking about their programming and behavior because of it.

Lovely non sequitur, R12. Care to actually stay on topic or do you just want to shit all over this thread as you do so many others?

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2018 3:02 AM

[quote]Women know the GOP hate them. Now they’re finding out the Democrats do too.

LOL.... And this is why none of your threads go anywhere, R15. You're a drama queen, loony as shit, and hopelessly detached from reality. In the real world, women support allowing people to use the facilities corresponding to their gender identity more than men do. And it's even higher support in the younger generation.

And here in the real world, a recent poll showed 63% of women favoring Democratic candidates in the coming mid-term elections. But hey, in your fevered imagination, women are "finding out" that "Democrats hate them." Got it.

As for broader election concerns, there was really only one state where transgender issues were front-and-center in 2016, and the Democratic candidate for governor won in that state. Then there was that Virginia election, where the transgender candidate beat the homophobic bigot in a red district. But you just keep right on telling yourself just how terrible the Democratic Party is and how much we want "Trump 4 Life."

Moron.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2018 3:06 AM

R16 pointing out the endless contradictions, lack of long term research into cause and effect and they way they insist on ignoring best methodology is not shitting on threads, but as you realize people will search and learn for themselves, that really scares you, and it should

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2018 3:10 AM

Like I said....

And no, R18, I'm not "really scared" by anything you write because you're such an obvious, not to mention ignorant, drama queen that nobody could possibly take you seriously. You idiots are your own worst enemies, which is why everyone avoids your threads and why you haven't gotten any traction here in the several years that those like you have been trying.

I'm amused by you, R17, not "scared." And even more so because you are firmly convinced that I'm transgender.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2018 3:14 AM

R19 Yeah, trans have made so much traction on their own, and gotten all their rights by themselves and not riding on gay and lesbian activists work, you idiots can accomplish shit on your own.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2018 3:22 AM

Now if that had anything at all to do with what I wrote, R19, that might have been a relevant post. Sadly for you, it didn't. Just more idiotic shit from a drama queen. But I did love how you immediately proved me right.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2018 3:23 AM

I'll stop playing with the idiots. Back to the regularly-scheduled thread. I'll watch Supergirl tomorrow on the CWTV website.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2018 3:24 AM

I can't believe they went there. They couldn't just have the character be. They had to make it a thing.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2018 3:28 AM

What did Trump do today to assault trans?

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2018 4:16 AM

This:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2018 4:31 AM

Why don't you read the thread, R24, or is reading too much "labor" for Trans' fans?

Trump, completely for his own purposes, reinstated women's rights.

R17 R19 is the Cupcake/LOL/Quote troll who annoys the fuck out of everyone on the political threads.

Here, we fondly call the misogynistic little twerp "The Trans Hag" because he can always be counted on to lie, obfuscate, and gaslight on behalf of his beloved Cocks in Frocks.

The Trans Hag knows full well that when the angry, crazy, fully intact, HETEROSEXUAL men who make up the majority of Trans activists show their true colors, normal people are going to realize the dangerous misogyny and homophobia of Trans activism.

For instance, the top post on r/news (reddit) is an article about the transgender cyclist who took first place in a women’s event. The post has 40,000 upvotes, OP has been given platinum, and the thread is still unlocked. No “top” or “best” comments in support of McKinnon, the transwoman "winner"

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2018 4:38 AM

People who "use" "quotes" "sarcastically" and vaunt Reddit as a truth factory are the real douchebros.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2018 4:44 AM

More for R24:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2018 4:49 AM

Reading comprehension is obviously not a Trans forte: no one vaunted reddit as a truth factory, the comment at R26 merely noted that even the douchebros of reddit (40,000 of them) can see that a man "winning" a woman's race is a grotesque injustice.

Like seriously, R28- R24 can't even read this thread, and yet you expect him, in pain from the stick in his faux-gina, and head swimming in hormones, to read another thread?

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2018 4:55 AM

I'll agree that trans (i.e. male) track athletes in womens' competitions are a joke.

You just type in a snide style that makes it difficult to parse what you mean.

But back to Supergirl! For all the lesbian and trans stuff, I'm still disappointed that Wynn never had a gay fling with Superman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2018 5:00 AM

r26=on the rag

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2018 5:02 AM

I'm disappointed in the lack of gay anything in the Arrowverse.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2018 5:15 AM

R26 the quote troll is most likely David Ehrenstein who no longer signs his name here but is a huge troll nonetheless

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2018 5:21 AM

Wouldn't it have been a bigger statement to just have the role be played by a trans without putting it in a story line?

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2018 5:46 AM

The Justice department two days ago released a statement about an instruction manual they have for a Russian troll farm. The whole point is to sow divisions within the LGBT community: From the statement: "The instructions show how the Russian trolls tried to manipulate the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. They also allegedly wanted to take advantage of racial divisions within LGBT audiences, and some of their instructions appear to lean on blatantly racist stereotypes.

"Colored LGBT are less sophisticated than white; therefore, complicated phrases and messages do not work," the instructions allegedly said. "Be careful dealing with racial content. Just like ordinary Blacks, Latinos, and Native Americans, colored LGBT people are very sensitive towards #whiteprivilege and they react to posts and pictures that favor white people."

Some parts of the Russians' efforts to target LGBT voters have already been revealed, including a Facebook group called "LGBT United" that posted some ads that went viral in 2016."

I'm posting this in every political thread, immigration thread, and trans thread. The Russian trolls are real, they are here on DL, and their purpose has nothing whatsoever to do with concern about the "poor women" or whatever they say they're concerned about.

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2018 5:54 AM

R24 Nothing, he is just going to reinstate Title X1 which is legal protections for women, which is a bloody good thing

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2018 5:59 AM

Yes, R35, the whole modus operandi of both the Russian trolling and the Trump administration is to divide people so that they can be conquered. Everyone is divided into factions now. That reduces empathy so that it can only be felt for people who identify as being from within the same groups.

There is no more “We, the People.” Different ethnic groups are ad odds with one another. Minority people have turned completely against the majority of white people—setting aside all sound reasons for that, it also serves as a major wedge division that makes the whole nation vulnerable to foreign influence. LGBT people have proved through these tactics that we as a group as no more sophisticated or intelligent than the average Trump supporter: they are told and believe that billionaires are their heroes and middle class people have taken all their shit. Stupid. Meanwhile, seeds have been sown to make gay people believe that all trans people are taking our territory, are all mentally ill and not “normal,” and those seeds have grown and now are blooming and self-seeding. Gay people now collectively have the same hatred for trans people, based on the same rationales, that kids in middle school used against me because I was gay. They were told I was unnatural, abnormal, mentally ill, and they tortured me as a result. Adults in the school believed the same and no one intervened. I could have been doused with gasoline and set on fire in my school and I believe no one would have cared. And now gay people behave the same way toward trans people—thanks to buying into a feeling of superiority to them, which is a notion implanted into the gay culture by people who want to divide its cohesiveness so that it can be conquered and destroyed. I have so much resentment for my fellow gay people today who are as inhumane and cruel and dehumanizing as people were to us just decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2018 9:16 AM

R37 Giggle, what rot. What absolute tosh.

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2018 9:47 AM

Trans is not real. Humans cannot transition. Humans are born with a set of chromosomes and will die with the same set of chromosomes, plastic surgery can't change that. They mimic the opposite sex and fool themselves into thinking they are the opposite sex. They aren't and never will be. I can say I'm the Queen of England. It doesn't make me the Queen, just like a man saying he's a woman does not make him a woman. Trans people are delusional. It's literally mental illness. They should be treated for their gender dysphoria, but not through hormones, puberty blockers and plastic surgery. They need therapy. I believe gender dysphoria is real, but transitioning is not the answer.

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2018 10:32 AM

R9 and R11 If you support the trans agenda you are a homophobe and a bigot. Trans people want to erase gay men. You might be fine with this and fine with the attack on women and women's spaces, but I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2018 10:35 AM

[Quote]Not men who in their autistic, Cluster B personality disordered brains thought that they were women.

Bravo 👏👏👏 This is the truth. Transgenderism is a mental illness. The proof lies in the fact that a large portion of trans identified people suffer from autism. You must be seriously delusional to think you can actually become the opposite sex. Also, if it was a real condition WHY do "trans" children grow out of their gender dysphoria? They are forced to transition as kids when they would grow up to be regular gay men and women. How is this right? They are erasing gay people before our eyes and we let them.

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2018 10:42 AM

OP Ratings were down, tying with the lowest for the series.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2018 4:01 AM

I am a single girl.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2018 1:30 PM

and Bravo to Andy Cohen for calling out Trump on this deplorable decision tonight on WWHL

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2018 1:38 PM

[Quote] I'm still disappointed that Wynn never had a gay fling with Superman!

Yeah, because that was totally going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2018 1:44 PM

R37 is an asshole. He talks about hatred against gays in past tense. Trans people are not the center of the universe and I’m sick of the lgbt groups Focusing on them at our expense. And also sick of them appropriating gay history and putting themselves at the helm of it. Trans peopl have their rights. Gays are more likely to be singled out for ransom hate attacks. Tranny’s that are killed are mostly prostitutes.

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2018 3:19 PM

*random

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2018 3:20 PM

And there you have at r46. Typical white male. A typical white gay. Another minority group is getting attention now and they can’t take it. It must always be about the white gays. This is everyone hates you.

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2018 3:41 PM

[quote] The proof lies in the fact that a large portion of trans identified people suffer from autism.

Link.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2018 3:42 PM

R48 bitch I’m black. You’re probably the white one. I always see white tumblr gays on twitter talking about “ white gays” and they’re white themselves.

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2018 3:46 PM

R46 from the tranny propaganda organ itself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2018 5:07 PM

Oops meant R49

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2018 5:08 PM

[Quote] I love the pics of Melissa Benoist getting top tier dick.

You make it sound like there's 100s of them.

by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2018 1:59 AM

48 - as a black woman, I have noticed that a large part of Transactivism" is causing discord between white and black women ( or playing on the racism of white people , whilst being racist themselves) and trying to bring back the slave master's trope of Black Women NOT being female and "up for anything". Hence them aligning Black women with Sex Workers and Transwomen whilst not acknowledging that only race separates White women from Black women and that we are BOTH female. This "wokeism" is revealing to me that those on the "Superior Left" hate black women to the point of damn not rendering them non human. This narrative is so prevalent in the British "Left" that Nottingham university has an exhibition and they are using the word "womxn" ( unpronounceable, by the way) and in explanation said that it is because 1970s feminists ( because all feminists were white, yes?) left out Black women. Well, I never have heard of Audre Lourde and them, no Sir! They even hijacked Maya Angelou to finesse their non point, ignoring the whole amount of "I'm a woman" literature that she had written.

I said it, and I will say it again. Transactivism is White Supremacy in "kind" drag. Middle class , leftist tertiary educated and Right wing leather panty wearing males want their shit back from women and Black people. If they have to "promote" a few Black and POC people to get it, they will.

And in British Black History Month, started by the Black and Jewish Linda Bellos, She has been written out of it simply because weak, craven "official " black people were got at by the WHITE Trans Lobby because Linda Bellos simply said that if any Transwoman started on her ( physically) she would defend her self. She is also a lesbian, by the way and their isn't a gay, working class or Black person in the Uk who shouldn't be grateful to her. That woman did The Work more than she ever did The Talk like these Hurry come up fuckers, prevalent all over the media today. So I am in a position that I. as aBlack woman have to investigate any black organisation and see how far down the financially compensated Trans Rabbit hole they have fallen down. Soon every "minority" cause will centre Trans in the 1st world Western Anglosphere. I have got a bit of "family land" back in the place of my father's birth that was willed to me and that I pay yearly tax ( minimal) on. I thank God that my mother had sense enough to ask that man to get my sister and I citizenship of that country in the 1980s. The country could do with being more open minded towards gays , but gays and lesbians live there and people KNOW what a gay and lesbian is, along with MAN and WOMAN. I am gathering my stuff. And quite frankly, I don;t see why I should remain in a country where Black people are not allowed amongst all other POC to form our OWN middle class. We are just in Britain to PROVIDE. Fuck the UK with its classism, racism ( the most finessed kind to the point that dumb arses don't notice it) gynophobia and misogynoir. Something told my spirit to actively start taking care of myself ten years ago. Now I know it is because I won't be in Britain to depend on the NHS in my pension years. Oh and fuck that gynophobe Peter Tatchell, too. It is always a horror to realise that some gay men have fought for the right to be as shitty as straight men all along. But he won't get the "white gay man" treatment since he has swallowed Trans Rhetoric hand over fist, too. Fucking wizened idiot.

by Anonymousreply 54October 26, 2018 9:22 AM

R54 For fucks sake, paragraphs are your friend, then that maybe readable

by Anonymousreply 55October 27, 2018 9:39 PM

[quote]and by extension the entire LGBT

Err no ho, gays, Lesbians, and bisexuals are an extension of Trans politics.

by Anonymousreply 56October 27, 2018 9:47 PM

R56 Well, first problem, trannys should be an extension of gay and lesbian politics, but they do not, they loath women. Drop the t in the toilet and flush

by Anonymousreply 57October 27, 2018 9:54 PM

OP, almost all military and LE families and their friends strongly support Trump. That's a lot of bigoted Americans. Go ahead and call all of them "evil." Many have loved ones who've died in order to oppose the "political correctness" that is poisoning America with the tolerance of inferiors you illustrate..

by Anonymousreply 58October 27, 2018 10:04 PM

R54, I've noticed the erasure of black women from the modern versions of the history of feminism, when, in the U.S., there were several prominent and central black feminists--such as Shirley Chisholm who ran for president, the black co-founder of Ms. magazine and the black women who helped found the National Women's Political Caucus.

Second-wave feminism had way more diversity than is now acknowledged--and I have to wonder what the reason is behind the erasure.

by Anonymousreply 59October 27, 2018 10:35 PM

Because R54 is right about trans activist wooing black women, claiming their common enemy is white feminists.

Trans activists don't give a fuck about Black women, they just want allies against 2nd Wave feminists, who woke up first to their machinations.

So trans and their allies have to minimize the role of Black 2nd Wave feminists, such as Shirley Chisholm, because their existence is proof that the narrative they're trying to sell Black women (all white feminists are secret racists) is bullshit.

I remember 2nd Wave feminism, although I was a child, and there were plenty of women of color very actively involved.

The Trans activists are fucking evil. They remind me of Fox News hosts in their ability to scheme, gaslight and lie.

by Anonymousreply 60October 27, 2018 10:42 PM

This is one black woman who isn't putting up with that bullshit:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 27, 2018 10:45 PM

Fuck Greg Berlanti

by Anonymousreply 62October 29, 2018 12:53 AM

R62 Why??

by Anonymousreply 63October 30, 2018 12:30 PM

R62, if you are against Berlanti you are a homophobe and enemy to the LGBTQ community. Supergirl delivered a series best episode this Sunday with the origin story of the xenophobic big bad, being both all too relevant and truly terrifying in today’s culture. He should be awarded a god damn entertainment industry equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize for the way he has increased queer visibility on TV and fought against the evils of Xenophobia and Nationalism that are plaguing this country.

by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2018 12:40 PM

Great points (R59) and (R60), the TRA are trying to widen and manipulate around points of difference, or potential fault lines, within feminism and within women's experience generally. And they are partly doing this with outright lies. The conflation with race is disturbing. I saw a transwoman talking on a prestigious UK news and current affairs show where he claimed that the word 'womxn' was a way of making womanhood inclusive to 'trans women and black women' as though black women's womanhood was ever in doubt.

The sheer racism enraged me, and reminded me of the racist tropes of the era of slavery that positioned black woman AS less than 'woman', hence Sojourner Truth's famous 'Ain't a Woman' speech. It seemed like he was resurrecting deeply racist ideology from a hideous history or oppression, in order to imply that trans women and black women have the same precarious claims to 'womahood', and thus to boost his claim. It's over 150 years since that speech and he still seemed to doubt that black women are really women, as though they need a special and different word to be 'included' in something that they already are, simply by virtue of being born.

It's manipulative and racist and so dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 65October 30, 2018 1:42 PM

* history OF oppression.

by Anonymousreply 66October 30, 2018 1:44 PM

R31 is deplorable

by Anonymousreply 67October 30, 2018 1:48 PM

R54, here in the states MTTs are winning high school athletic competitions.

This is a direct threat to black females getting college scholarships.

Simple enough for you, r55?

by Anonymousreply 68October 30, 2018 1:53 PM

R59, my late mom was a second-waver...marched for ERA, civil rights, migrant farm workers & gay Rights. She protested nuclear arms & environmental pollution.

She revered Sojourner Truth, Shirley Chisholm, Barbara Jordan, Maya Angelou & Alice Walker.

Walker has a new collection of poetry out now. I wonder how many “transwomen” will buy it. Probably not many since there is no porn in it.

by Anonymousreply 69October 30, 2018 1:57 PM

R64 it’s a fucking TV show. About superheroes. Utterly meaningless. Makes no difference in the world at all.

by Anonymousreply 70October 30, 2018 1:59 PM

I wrote my comment before seeing yours upthread (R54). You clearly have direct experience of this in a way that I don't. I wish more of my white, middle-class, tertiary educated contemporaries could see the absolute bullshit the TRA are spouting, and I'm sorry that they can't.

It became apparent to me very quickly just how much straight white men in dresses were trying to hide under the cover of anti-racist discourse by tacking it onto everything they said in order to make disagreeing with them seem racist - they're not subtle about it. The irony is mind-blowing, it's a whole new form of racist exploitation. It's amazing how few so called progressive can to see past this divisive and damaging nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 71October 30, 2018 2:05 PM

R70, the show is not utterly meaningless. Putting a good message out into the world is important. Surely you can’t think entertainment has no influence over society?

by Anonymousreply 72October 30, 2018 2:18 PM

Fuck off r72. Not liking a shitty TV show is not homophobia.

This tv show changes nothing. Helps nobody. Will not be remembered.

It’s T propaganda. T is homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 73October 30, 2018 3:10 PM

It does spread a good message. Or do you think it’s strong anti-xenophobic stance is a bad one? Berlanti is writing brilliant commentary about the horrible way immigrants are treated in this country and the radical need for amnesty we need to offer. If this show changes even one mind or makes even just one young person informed about these issues than it HAS done good and HAS changed the world for the better.

Do not underestimate the power of media. Look what FOX News has done to this country. Or are their programs just stupid TV shows that have changed nothing too? Obviously you don’t watch Supergirl or you would be changing your tune.

Not only is there queer representation with the new trans character, but also plenty of lesbian action too. Alex is one of the best queer characters on all of television and will surely be a role model for young lesbians everywhere. Do you think there is no value in that? Seeing a lesbian who kicks ass, wants to get married and raise a child? I’m sure that message isn’t doing anything for anyone. Face plant.

by Anonymousreply 74October 30, 2018 3:22 PM

Queer is a slur. Homosexuality is not “queer”. Dehumanizing slurs are not empowering.

And a homophobic comic book TV show does nothing for the world.

by Anonymousreply 75October 30, 2018 3:37 PM

[quote] Dehumanizing slurs are not empowering.

We are here, we are queer, get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 76October 30, 2018 5:14 PM

Love the show.

The progression of Sam Wittwer's character in the latest episode was interesting. And shockingly some of the character's points were valid within that fictional universe (humans not being able to compete with aliens when it comes to jobs, home destroyed by alien attack not covered by insurance).

by Anonymousreply 77October 30, 2018 5:18 PM

Thank you 59, 65 &71. A more anti Black woman set of people have probably not existed since the end of slavery. That's how regressive Trans Narrative is. I resent being "aligned" with sex workers and men who think that they are not, simply by designation of my race. If that is "feminism, it's the "feminism" Of the Slave Master's Wife. But this shows me how narrow the social lives of most of the white "super woke" are. So woke, so monocultural. No winder they took set on white , gay men, probably the most "assimilated to multiculturalism" white men out there, along with working class white men who live amongst the non white, generationally. So they feel that they have to indulge in bullet dodging exercises ( Owen Jones of The Guardian is one of the best examples of this paradigm ) so as not to have their privilege recognised should The Revolution really come. Basically they don't know whose lap to sit on, but are cute enough to know that gynophobia is not unique to culture, race or creed , so that they are bound to find allies within a misogynistic remit, peaky looking ( even the black ones), lumpen and with the mental illness printed on their countenances though the majority of them are. I wonder when they have banished all the "non pure" from social and work life, will these freaky transactivists even LIKE each other.

Fuck you , 55, with your bringing nothing to the table self.

by Anonymousreply 78October 30, 2018 6:03 PM

Go straight to hell r76.

Act Up used that to call attention to the gay plague of the 1980s. It was used as a shock tactic out of desperation to save lives.

Now straight men with pink hair call themselves queer. And bi-curious women who lack the courage to give up dick.

Are you aware that a bunch of self-proclaimed “queers” beat up a lesbian last June outside the Grey Fox Pub in St. Louis?

Of course you aren’t. You don’t give a shit about gays & lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 79October 30, 2018 6:06 PM

[quote] You don’t give a shit about gays & lesbians.

As usual you and your trolling lot are projecting your own flaws and crimes onto those who disagree with you.

by Anonymousreply 80October 30, 2018 6:09 PM

[quote] Act Up used that to call attention to the gay plague of the 1980s. It was used as a shock tactic out of desperation to save lives.

Way to contradict yourself. Just because you call it "shock tactic" doesn't take away the power of its "we are here, we are queer, get used to it" message.

Demonize Millennials all you want it just outs you as a troll masking as "get off my lawn" eldergay to pull a "Divide & Conquer" stunt.

by Anonymousreply 81October 30, 2018 6:17 PM

R81 is ageist.

And you’re ok with straights calling themselves a dehumanizing gay slur?

Fine. Help yourself. But you have been told: gays don’t like being called queer. Go ahead and call us what we don’t like. Just know that you’re an ageist asshole who throws gays under the bus for Ts

by Anonymousreply 82October 30, 2018 6:21 PM

[quote] [R81] is ageist.

Once again: Projecting. If you had accused me of being a troll hater? Guilty as charged. And I will gladly accept any punishment that comes with that.

by Anonymousreply 83October 30, 2018 6:25 PM

Not R81, but queer is not a slur and plenty of gays and lesbians are cool with the term. It has been reclaimed and any negative connotations have been lost when used by queer people to empower the community. Will & Grace has used the term queer. That show is not homophobic. Neither are Berlantis show, nor Ryan Murphys.

Shonda has used queer on Grey’s and Murder and those are very, very LGBTQ-friendly shows.

Queer cinema, queer theory, queer studies- these are NOT homophobic or a slur. You really think when IFC Center hosts their queer cinema night that they are attacking the community? Hardly! Queer cinema night is a celebration.

I feel bad that you are so hung up on a single word that you are missing out on the glories of Supergirl and the rest of the Arrowverse. It’s your loss.

by Anonymousreply 84October 30, 2018 6:30 PM

r84, the word queer is used to pit one group against another "Divide & Conquer" style. Much ado about nothing. As Datalounge notes it's not worth it to engage trolls, but your post at r84 is a perfect way to dispel them and for that I love and congratulate you.

by Anonymousreply 85October 30, 2018 6:33 PM

[quote] the glories of Supergirl

MARY! It's not exactly a legendary TV series like Twin Peaks or Mad Men. It's mostly fluff.

by Anonymousreply 86October 30, 2018 6:34 PM

A) Somebody needs to let the violent homophobes know that "queer" is cool to say now. They should be overjoyed.

B) "If I want to send a message, I'll use Western Union." - Moss Hart

by Anonymousreply 87October 30, 2018 6:35 PM

64 years old. White male. Bald. In a monogamous relationship for 39 years.

Been calling myself queer for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 88October 30, 2018 6:36 PM

T propaganda and T politics are viciously anti-gay and anti-women. And they do not give a fuck about all the children being harmed because of their homophobic lies and insanity.

by Anonymousreply 89October 30, 2018 6:39 PM

[quote] Somebody needs to let the violent homophobes know that "queer" is cool to say now. They should be overjoyed.

Just call them breeders or incels. Chances are they are hurt by that more than the guy they try to insult with calling him queer.

by Anonymousreply 90October 30, 2018 6:39 PM

Replace the "T" with "gay" and replace "anti-gay and anti-women" with "traditional family values" and you know why you had a strange deja vu while reading that right wing bigot propaganda at r89.

by Anonymousreply 91October 30, 2018 6:42 PM

[quote] Just call them breeders or incels. Chances are they are hurt by that more than the guy they try to insult with calling him queer.

Doubt that, R90. Ironically, I'd expect straight guys to be proud of being called "breeders". It's an ego boost for them.

A "breeder" is the opposite of an "incel" - since "incels" are generally so undesirable that no one wants to breed with them.

by Anonymousreply 92October 30, 2018 6:46 PM

R91 apparently needs to substitute whole paragraphs with (his own) completely different words in order to make his weak argument work. That's some masterclass editing skills right there.

by Anonymousreply 93October 30, 2018 6:50 PM

r92. Only himbos would be proud of being called breeders, because - drum roll - it's dehumanizing.

Dehumanizing?

OMG! Full circle!

by Anonymousreply 94October 30, 2018 6:51 PM

r93, why yes. My skills are indeed vastly superior to your bad copy and paste job from the bigot handbook.

by Anonymousreply 95October 30, 2018 6:53 PM

You don’t get to decide for everyone that “queer” has been reclaimed.

You don’t get to tell anyone they have to embrace that word.

by Anonymousreply 96October 30, 2018 6:55 PM

R95, what was the "copy and paste job from the bigot handbook" that you're referring to? You seem to be talking to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 97October 30, 2018 6:55 PM

[quote] You seem to be talking to yourself.

Sigh. The saddest case of projecting so far.

by Anonymousreply 98October 30, 2018 6:58 PM

How am I projecting, R98? You seem to have mistaken me for another poster. And your vague accusations don't help your "case".

by Anonymousreply 99October 30, 2018 7:02 PM

Why is it "dehumanizing", R94? I'm simply saying that as far as 'offensive words' go - "breeder" hardly has any teeth. Straight people breed, so they are by definition breeders. It's not exactly a slur to call a spade a spade.

by Anonymousreply 100October 30, 2018 7:04 PM

Except that would be a very very different statement wouldn't it (R91)? and what's the point in arguing against an offensive statement that you literally just made up? nice to see that women are so unimportant that you can literally just erase the word and r4eplace it with something else.

by Anonymousreply 101October 30, 2018 7:10 PM

The Trans defenders truly inhabit their own bigoted world.

In the US and UK, sex-based protections, by which I mean biological sex, are being roll-backed, so that 0.4% of the population who claim to be transgender can have their way. And there is so much social contagion that figure of how many are transgender is probably overinflated.

Beyond anything else, why should a tiny fragment of the population, the transgenders, be allowed to disenfranchise and endanger the 50% + that are women?

Why should transgender rights, again when they directly and negatively affect women's rights, be allowed to cause such chaos that they might well add to Independents voting with the GOP in these midterms?

Are women so worthless to the world that the fraction of the 0.4% of transgenders who are biologically male, are more important than the 165 or so million American XX?

by Anonymousreply 102October 30, 2018 7:17 PM

This response was posted to the Washington post article in the link. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

9 hours ago Queer means different, and the sooner you accept that word, the sooner it will lose its sting to you. And the sooner it loses its power as a weapon of hate. I have Cis-Hetero friends who are Queer - not gay ... just a bit different (think geeks!)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So now we just have to accept Queer and we’ll be okay and be just like geeky heterosexuals.

Yay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 30, 2018 7:17 PM

[quote] nice to see that women are so unimportant that you can literally just erase the word and r4eplace it with something else.

Nice to see that gays are so unimportat to you that you appropiate anti gay rethoric for your agenda.

by Anonymousreply 104October 30, 2018 7:28 PM

sorry, that gays are so unimportant to you ...

by Anonymousreply 105October 30, 2018 7:29 PM

sorryX2, ... that you appropriate anti gay rethoric ...

by Anonymousreply 106October 30, 2018 7:30 PM

What? in what way is anything I've said 'anti-gay rhetoric'.? You're really reaching here. You are the one who is erasing the concerns of women, and yes, of other gay people. Why don't you stop talking so much and start listening instead?

by Anonymousreply 107October 30, 2018 7:32 PM

[quote] in what way is anything I've said 'anti-gay rhetoric'.?

I guess I can't help you to understand the meaning of appropriating anti gay rethoric. My bad. Bye troll.

by Anonymousreply 108October 30, 2018 7:35 PM

It's YOU (R104,105,106) who replaced the words (not my words btw, someone else's) about current trans ideology being 'anti-gay' because presumably that wasn't important to you, not me. I find so often on these boards that when you point out the flaws in someone's post the reply is a massive projection, accusing you of what they did. The old Reverse/Deny tactic.

You're putting trans rights over gay rights, which is incredibly suspect on these boards, even without the eraser of women's concerns. The old 'divide and conquer' technique? i'm sorry it isn't working as you'd hoped.

by Anonymousreply 109October 30, 2018 7:36 PM

(R108) the only person using anti-gay rhetoric was you, when you 'swapped' something that someone has said for something you wanted pretend they had said, and now you're pretending that I said either of those things? oh my gosh, you're hurting yourself in your confusion....

by Anonymousreply 110October 30, 2018 7:37 PM

Ratings are going to shit, it seems the audience does not want a dreary lecture and a polemic on a superhero show

by Anonymousreply 111October 30, 2018 7:40 PM

Here is the anti trans lunacy in a nutshell:

GOD CREATED ADAM AND EVE, NOT ADAM AND STEFONKNEE!

sounds vaguely familiar. Don't know why though.

by Anonymousreply 112October 30, 2018 7:41 PM

Is Stefoknee the fifty something year old man who dumped his family to live as a six year old child with a couple that pimp him out for sex?

by Anonymousreply 113October 30, 2018 7:46 PM

The ratings are NOT going to shit. The ratings are perfectly in line with last season’s ratings. What’s more Supergirl moved to Sunday nights; any time/day shifting in schedule usually results in a little audience erosion, but what makes Supergirl’s retention all the more impressive is that the CW has not aired original programming on Sundays for well over a decade.

Supergirl has survived a network change (from CBS to CW), time changes and now night changes and still continues to be in line with the ratings from last season. It held steady from the previous week, going up against both Sunday night Football and the final game of the World Series this Sunday.

The CW is MORE than happy with Supergirl’s performance and the series will easily be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 114October 30, 2018 7:46 PM

Yes (R1123) - his family also has a restraining order out against him due to his behaviour towards them. A seriously disturbed and disturbing individual, but a 'real woman' of course.....

by Anonymousreply 115October 30, 2018 7:47 PM

R114 Getting rid of the characters the audience wanted to fuck (Winn, Mon-El) and bringing in a tranny dreary character will not appeal to the core audience babycakes

by Anonymousreply 116October 30, 2018 7:51 PM

Jesus what’s wrong with the crazies on here? She was awesome. I personally loved it. She a good actress. Good on Berlanti & Supergirl is here to stay. Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 117October 30, 2018 8:17 PM

[quote] I have Cis-Hetero friends who are Queer - not gay

Funny word salad.

by Anonymousreply 118October 30, 2018 8:18 PM

It's just the usual obsessed anti-trans idiots, R117. Just ignore them and move on. They have been a fixture here for something like the past four years, vainly trying to drum up support for their crusade. They cannot be reasoned with, are immune to any logic, data, or reason, and they remain absolutely obsessed, posting the same drivel over and over again, in hundreds of threads and thousands of posts.

by Anonymousreply 119October 30, 2018 8:19 PM

Pot calling kettle⬆️

by Anonymousreply 120October 30, 2018 8:24 PM

R119 is advising others to ignore smthg, while he is so invested in it that he can't ignore it and just has to comment. Seems like he's on a crusade too.

Follow your own advice, R119.

by Anonymousreply 121October 30, 2018 8:24 PM

Ignore the trolls and show your love and appreciation instead.

by Anonymousreply 122October 30, 2018 8:28 PM

So I'm supposed to ignore myself and move on, R121? I'll get right on that.

I do love, though, that you cannot deny the accuracy of what I wrote.

by Anonymousreply 123October 30, 2018 8:28 PM

A sample thread of theirs, for those with a strong stomach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 30, 2018 8:32 PM

R111 The ratings have dropped an expected amount year-to-year. Other superhero shows like Black Lightening and Legends of Tomorrow are down more from their last season finales. Yes, Supergirl is the 4th most watched show in total viewers on the network, but it has around the same number of viewers as #2 an #3.

by Anonymousreply 125October 30, 2018 8:35 PM

Plenty are not, r84, including me.

Call me queer to my face & I’ll beat the snot out of you like that tranny in Texas did to the high school chick

by Anonymousreply 126October 30, 2018 8:42 PM

Dehumanizing slurs are not empowering.

by Anonymousreply 127October 30, 2018 8:44 PM

[quote]I have Cis-Hetero friends who are Queer - not gay

How on earth can a “cis-het” be considered “queer”...?

Only straights call themselves queer now. It has nothing to do with homosexuality at all.

In fact, it erases us gays. Which is fine by the queers who think homosex is icky.

by Anonymousreply 128October 30, 2018 8:48 PM

R112, Stef-on-knee is a fetishest who has publicly demonstrated pedo tendencies. He’s a straight white man...and you are defending him over gays.

by Anonymousreply 129October 30, 2018 8:51 PM

R119 = Dana Rivers

by Anonymousreply 130October 30, 2018 8:52 PM

R124 Stomach churning? If you want stomach churning for real lets post photos of post op trannys, not those fucking disasters are actually stomach churning

by Anonymousreply 131October 30, 2018 8:54 PM

Article from TODAY'S GUARDIAN UK (about the opposite of a rightwing rag): Female academics at UK universities (Oxford, Reading, Sussex, Roehampton, York) under attack by trans activists, including rape threats.

R119 is the Trans Hag. Ignore him. He lives in the past, kind of stuck around the time Bruce Jenner was named " Woman of the Year" and doesn't realize that the rollback of the rights of women, and the transing of primarily gay children, has caused a real backlash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 30, 2018 8:59 PM

Thank god the tide is turning (R132). i've been reading about this stuff for a few years and it seems like the rest of the world is finally starting to catch on a bit. The Guardian did a very abrupt u-turn about two weeks ago to more balanced pieces. That snivelling little weasel Owen Jones must be fuming.

by Anonymousreply 133October 30, 2018 9:02 PM

[quote] I do love, though, that you cannot deny the accuracy of what I wrote.

Accuracy, R123? You have a habit of making completely hollow, empty, vague accusations without any specifics. Like the following: "[The anti-trans] are immune to any logic, data". What are you even babbling about? What biological data are you referring to? Again, you seem to be arguing more in your own head.

by Anonymousreply 134October 30, 2018 9:16 PM

When in doubt, add an ear worm to your plot.

by Anonymousreply 135November 7, 2018 3:47 PM

Can they just have the trans boy fall in love with James and then they can both leave the show and star in a rom-com on Bravo or something? They've ruined this show, overall, but James just sucks almost as much as this publicity casting stunt. And, Alex's "dykey" hairdo is certainly not helping! Who the fuck thought that was a good look?

by Anonymousreply 136November 12, 2018 1:05 AM

R136 Agreed, they got rid of the only two reasons to watch the shit show

by Anonymousreply 137November 12, 2018 10:16 PM

This season has been the best one so far. I agree that James sucks and wouldn’t be missed, but the alt-right plot is very effective and affecting.

Melissa and David Harewood have always been the reasons to watch and they are as good as ever.

by Anonymousreply 138November 12, 2018 11:09 PM

R138 The block of wood and the whore suck cock

by Anonymousreply 139November 13, 2018 2:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!