Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Whitney- (Documentary of Whitney Houston)

I must tell you, this is a great companion to the cable documentary "Why Can't I Be Me"..

The last 30 minutes especially is absolutely poignant and incredibly sad, and I do not think I will ever look at Whitney Houston the same way... I have such sympathy for this woman after seeing this film. (And I always found her -incredibly- unlikeable in interviews)

Her father truly seems like a piece of garbage. They blocked out the names but it looks like Whitney's accountant and he really tried to rob her blind.

Her brothers seem like horrible people as well, but I have such sympathy over the abuse they suffered as kids from a relative, no less.

by Anonymousreply 6March 8, 2019 9:35 PM

Did anyone see this?

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2018 9:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2018 9:34 PM

Yes, saw it. Even wrote that in the W thread with Bobby from 2016.

The documentary was good. Nothing too over the top. So I give it 7/10. The only thing more interesting is the abuse she had to go through when she was young by her mother’s sister. I didn’t see that one coming. The songs were really spot on and how the director chose to insert them in this doc was really well done.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2018 9:41 PM

Isn't it alleged abuse? I mean the relative is dead, and no charges were brought.

I'm just sayin'. Often gays with low self-esteem (and low IQ) will blame molestation, rape, incest, etc. for the reason they became gay or violent or whatever.

Sexual abuse is horrible and haunts people. But every time she got jiggy with Robyn in bed with a tray of cocaine- was she thinking about her aunt?

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2018 9:51 PM

'no charges were brought'.......are you kidding with this?

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2018 7:03 AM

I just watched it today and think this one is by far THE WORST. It made her look bad. It showed them all as a bunch of hypocrites. I was so over it by the end of the first hour but finished it. What a terrible family.

by Anonymousreply 6March 8, 2019 9:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!