Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Streisand as a mother

Where does she fall on the Diana Ross to Cher scale? Ross, for all her flaws, is known as a great mother, and enjoys wonderful relationships with her kids, all of whom are successful. Cher is a different story. Despite being seen as ore "down to earth" than Ross, her kids seem to have a difficult time with her and never accomplished much. I've never heard if Streisand was a loving or cold mother, though I know her son sang with her and she cast him in a film.

by Anonymousreply 206November 1, 2018 4:45 AM

He's not been very successful. His acting career and his singing career both didn't go anywhere, even though he had some talent in both avenues. He was very handsome in his 20s, but like most American Jewish men lost his looks by his 40s when his features became coarsened. I think he mostly just lives off his trust fund and bums around.

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2018 12:37 AM

Entertainment was the wrong career for him--you've got to have drive if you want to succeed, and as his mother has said, he's lazy.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2018 12:40 AM

She loves that little faygeleh to death!

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2018 12:41 AM

He currently works the occasional shift at the food court in her mall.

"Fries with that, Jim?"

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2018 12:44 AM

[quote]Entertainment was the wrong career for him--you've got to have drive if you want to succeed, and as his mother has said, he's lazy.

I don't understand people like this. He has all the money in the world. He can be anything he wants to be. What's the problem? Is he simple minded? Can't he think what he wants to do with his life? I can think of three things I would like to do if I had a large sum of money.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2018 12:49 AM

She's been saying in interviews that she considers Josh Brolin's forthcoming daughter her granddaughter and she wants to be called Grandma.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2018 12:50 AM

Perhaps Jason is involved with Miss Streisand’s charitable causes. I’m sure she taught her son of the importance of helping those less fortunate.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2018 12:53 AM

In addition to his shifts at the mall, Jason walks the clone dogs on occasion.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2018 12:55 AM

I wonder if she went after him to have a child.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2018 1:05 AM

She is going to clone him R9

They practiced on the dogs first

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2018 1:07 AM

I would think she would be more likely to clone herself.

"I will call her Mini-Me!"

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2018 1:08 AM

As a mother she still uses autotune.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2018 1:09 AM

She was Ok with wire hangers.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2018 1:25 AM

[quote]I don't understand people like this. He has all the money in the world. He can be anything he wants to be. What's the problem? Is he simple minded? Can't he think what he wants to do with his life? I can think of three things I would like to do if I had a large sum of money.

How do you know what Jason is doing or not doing with his life? I'll bet he does what really rich people do and having a lovely time of it. He does stay out of the public eye for the most part - and lots of money can make this happen. He's HIV which is too bad but otherwise I'll bet he's having a terrific life !!

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2018 2:57 AM

[quote] but otherwise I'll bet he's having a terrific life !!

Based on what, hon? Your stannish love of Barbra Streisand?

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2018 3:19 AM

Here are a few things you should know about Jason Gould: he is one of the most unassuming, loyal, and loving friends a person could ever have. People used to find him quirky and aloof, but he was really just quirky and shy. Here’s another thing: he has never had any of the temperament or entitlement issues one might ascribe to someone whose life seemed so charmed from the outside.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2018 3:42 AM

Oh, Babs is a mutha, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2018 3:46 AM

His singing voice is beautiful! I could easily fall in love with him. He seems like a gentle soul.

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2018 3:47 AM

He's like 60 years old. The stories of Streisand's neglect and lack or love for him are sad and familiar. She has so much money to leave him that only a few people will ever know what a terrible mother and person she is. Barbra has enjoyed pulling the purse strings on her family. She's a mean cold woman.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2018 3:54 AM

R19 And yet she finds love as soft as an easy chair.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2018 3:55 AM

[quote]She has so much money to leave him that only a few people will ever know what a terrible mother and person she is.

We'll only find out when she dies. If he gets the mall, she loved him. If she leaves the mall to that Brolin bastard, she hated him.

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2018 4:07 AM

r16: Hi, Babs!

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2018 4:23 AM

[quote]but otherwise I'll bet he's having a terrific life !! ... Based on what, hon? Your stannish love of Barbra Streisand?

Based on the fact he's fucking rich and has access to all the best people and all the best things money can buy ... you stupid cow

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2018 4:28 AM

A sensitive gay jewish man with a monster for a mother is not having the best life. Jason has learned how to live his own life, without love. Like Barbra, he doesn't even have friends. He's on call. Have you seen Streisand's "nice things." Unbelievably expensive ugliness, like herself.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2018 4:44 AM

[quote] Based on the fact he's fucking rich and has access to all the best people and all the best things money can buy ... you stupid cow

Those are absolute [bold]guarantees[/bold] of happiness!

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2018 4:46 AM

Too bad nobody told Babs that "No Walls" is also slang for having a loose pussy or ass.

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2018 4:51 AM

[quot]Based on the fact he's fucking rich and has access to all the best people and all the best things money can buy ...Those are absolute guarantees of happiness!

I'll take my chances, thanks ... But I agree that having Streisand as a mother must be a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2018 5:20 AM

28 replies and I don't think anyone has attempted to answer OP's question. Obviously, only Jason is qualified to answer. But I know people who know people, (as opposed to People who need people).

They were mostly inseparable when he was a toddler. She got very headstrong and career-oriented during his teenage years when she started directing, and would leave him alone for months at a time. I think over a year passed with little communication when she was directing Yentl overseas. She tried to make arrangements for him to come over, but he was pissed and rebellious so refused. Then he wanted to explore his gay side, yada yada yada... but they eventually made their way back to each other and have been very close for many years now. All thing considered, maybe halfway between Diana and Cher. And they're all way above Miss JC.

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2018 5:54 AM

You're nuts R28. What a fucking apologia yada yada yada. That's a hard sell on a witch. Diana who? Diana Ross was and is a great mother. Don't cross your wires. Streisand is an egomaniacal monster who could never maintain a relationship with anyone she doesn't pay.

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2018 6:04 AM

R29, LOL, you know nothing about Barbra as a mother. Not a motherfucking thing.

Jason has a 2nd album out now. So who cares who financed it? Good voice, and he has talent. He’s 51, and he’s probably involved in behind the scenes stuff in music, short videos, etc. His mother’s money? Maybe, but so what? He doesnt hit the news with drug and alcohol problems or other crap.

From all I’ve read, Jason and Barbra have been THISCLOSE for decades. He’s been on tour with her, he shows at all her public events, and Streisand speaks glowingly about him all the time.

Painting her as Medusa is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2018 6:19 AM

Can you imagine being a trick Jason might have picked up back in the 80s? When everybody still had landlines and phone answering machines?

You're in Jason's living room, he's on his knees with your dick in his mouth... you hear the phone ring, the machine goes off, Barbra's nasal twang is suddenly heard, "Jason - are you there? It's your mother!"

Again - could you imagine???????

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2018 6:19 AM

Think of all the people he's infected. Costs her alot but it's one thing that she's got, it's her boy.

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2018 6:24 AM

[quote]Think of all the people he's infected.

That's really an ugly thing to say. You must be desperate ...

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2018 6:26 AM

And the people they infected, and so on...and so on...

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2018 6:28 AM

R32 / R34 knows everything there is to know about being a runny sore of infected pus.. We should pity him, as we would a leper. His disease prevents him from doing anything but project his own putrid disorders onto others.

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2018 6:42 AM

She sucks as a mother, and before anyone says anything, if you were as pretty as me and had a kid as ugly as her, well you couldn't do any better

by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2018 1:01 PM

R19 and some of you others are nuts to think anyone would believe the bullshit you just made up.

In reality, Streisand is the overbearing "too much love" Jewish mother stereotype. In many of the photos of her and Jason she clings to him like he was her lover, not her son. I'm sure Jason eventually understood this and rolled with the punches.

Jason is a nice guy, but not seriously pursuing a professional career of his own instead of living off his trust fund will bite him in the ass later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2018 4:07 PM

How will living off a trust fund bite him in the ass later?

Nice work if you can't get it.

by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2018 4:12 PM

All I know is she showcased him on her "Back To Brooklyn" tour. They did a lovely duet and she made him sing a solo number. He did not appear at ease but he did it. She's been supportive in the only way she knows how. Jason has one of the loveliest recordings of "Nature Boy" that I've ever heard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2018 4:32 PM

[quote]Jason has one of the loveliest recordings of "Nature Boy" that I've ever heard.

He should have dumped his mother's producers and arrangers. It sounds exactly like they laid tracks for Barbra, then she passed on the song and Jason fished it out of the garbage and used it. If he wanted to be a singer, he should have found his own style.

by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2018 4:41 PM

Did Jason say who gave him HIV? Was it a boyfriend or just a random hookup?

by Anonymousreply 41October 21, 2018 4:42 PM

I'm guessing Josh Groban is having the career Babs fantasized for Jason.

by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2018 4:43 PM

Justin Bieber is having the career that Cher fantasized for Chaz.

by Anonymousreply 43October 21, 2018 4:45 PM

And it was just so u believable that completely out of nowhere when Jason was in his 50s she discovered he had some sort of singing voice.

by Anonymousreply 44October 21, 2018 4:52 PM

Don't be silly, R42, she wanted him to be a doctor or lawyer. Or dentist or accountant or SOMETHING.

by Anonymousreply 45October 21, 2018 5:03 PM

Jason could have at least opened a gay bar somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 46October 21, 2018 5:06 PM

Not enough ambition, R46.

by Anonymousreply 47October 21, 2018 5:07 PM

[quote]Not enough ambition

He's ambitious to do other things - I'm sure he has lots of dreams, hopes and desires ...

by Anonymousreply 48October 21, 2018 5:44 PM

Don't rain on his parade.

by Anonymousreply 49October 21, 2018 5:57 PM

[quote] Jason could have at least opened a gay bar somewhere.

He manages the “Sears” in Babs underground mall, and we know what happens in the second floor men’s bathroom....

by Anonymousreply 50October 21, 2018 6:03 PM

r19 is your garden-variety lying troll. For example:

"He's like 60 years old." In reality, he's, like, 51.

"The stories of Streisand's neglect and lack or love for him are sad and familiar." Links to these stories?

"She has so much money to leave him that only a few people will ever know what a terrible mother and person she is." Again, links?

"Barbra has enjoyed pulling the purse strings on her family. She's a mean cold woman." Once again, links to this?

r19 is a run-at-the-mouth character assassin of the alt-right variety--any libel might be believed if they speak with some kind of authority.

r19 has no hidden or confidential info at all on Streisand. He's so arrogant he actually thinks calling Jason Gould "like 60" will not be corrected.

r19=Streisand-hating troll.

by Anonymousreply 51October 21, 2018 6:12 PM

I have a feeling that r51 does not care for r19.

by Anonymousreply 52October 21, 2018 6:15 PM

R51 = Babs stan.

by Anonymousreply 53October 21, 2018 6:15 PM

r19/r53=troll.

by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2018 6:20 PM

Btw, r53, what did I say exactly other than r19 lies and makes up scurrilous bullshit? Why don't you respond to that, huh, troll?

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2018 6:21 PM

53 = stan troll

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2018 6:31 PM

r53 has their diaper on backwards

by Anonymousreply 57October 21, 2018 6:32 PM

I agree that R19 is an asshole, R51, but it's no reason to have a hissy fit.

by Anonymousreply 58October 21, 2018 8:15 PM

Has Jason ever acknowledged his HIV status or is that a "Datalounge truth?"

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2018 8:33 PM

Elliot Gould has other children. I wonder if Jason has a good relationship with him/them.

by Anonymousreply 60October 21, 2018 8:40 PM

So, is Elliott Gould involved in his son's life or what? I was always under the impression that BS and EG got along well enough after their divorce and I guess I assumed that Jason was the catalyst for the friendly relations.

I kind of wished that she would have had more kids with some of her lovers like Omar and Don Johnson and Ryan just to see what they looked like. A daughter would have been nice too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 21, 2018 8:41 PM

[quote] Perhaps Jason is involved with Miss Streisand’s charitable causes. I’m sure she taught her son of the importance of helping those less fortunate.

All right, Jason. You may keep the doll AND the bracelet.

by Anonymousreply 62October 21, 2018 8:44 PM

Barbara breast feed Jason until he was 13 and they still sleep in the same bed on occasion.

by Anonymousreply 63October 21, 2018 8:49 PM

Divas I LOVE but would not want for a mother:

Whitney Houston

Judy Garland

Barbra Streisand

Madonna

Tina Turner

Cher

This is one diva contest that Diana Ross wins hands-down.

by Anonymousreply 64October 21, 2018 8:52 PM

[quote]some of her lovers like Omar and Don Johnson and Ryan

For an ugly girl with control issues, she sure got around.

by Anonymousreply 65October 21, 2018 9:51 PM

What was so bad about Cher?

by Anonymousreply 66October 21, 2018 10:03 PM

^ Sonny

by Anonymousreply 67October 21, 2018 10:21 PM

"I agree that [R19] is an asshole, [R51], but it's no reason to have a hissy fit."

r58, when there are so many deceits to counter, as in r19, t's not a hissy fit, you dummy--it's explication. Unless you prefer trolls not being called on their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 68October 21, 2018 10:46 PM

[quote]Has Jason ever acknowledged his HIV status or is that a "Datalounge truth?"

It's Datalounge folklore.

[quote]So, is Elliott Gould involved in his son's life or what? I was always under the impression that BS and EG got along well enough after their divorce and I guess I assumed that Jason was the catalyst for the friendly relations.

They were all at an anniversary screening of "Capricorn One". Starring both her husbands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 21, 2018 10:49 PM

The 2 husbands...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 21, 2018 10:50 PM

She said in a 1984 interview- with Geraldo of all people-that Elliott Gould was a very good father. She credited him with Jason's kind nature. I find it strange that Cher is held as some beacon of anti-diva behavior, but seems far bitchier than Streisand or Diana Ross when it comes to ex-husbands and kids. Out of all three, Cher is the only one who has neither a happy romantic relationship (Streisand and Brolin) or a great relationship with her kids (Ross).

by Anonymousreply 71October 21, 2018 11:00 PM

Cher is bitchy until they die, then she can pull out all the stops mourning them in true diva style.

by Anonymousreply 72October 21, 2018 11:02 PM

Cher also ghosted Meryl and Michelle Pfeiffer. I wonder if she and Kathy are still as close.

by Anonymousreply 73October 21, 2018 11:08 PM

Chaz said that Sonny was easier to talk with than Cher and that Sonny was more accepting and understanding (words to that effect).

by Anonymousreply 74October 21, 2018 11:12 PM

[quote]Did Jason say who gave him HIV? Was it a boyfriend or just a random hookup?

Was it that cute model from Int'l Male?

by Anonymousreply 75October 21, 2018 11:20 PM

"She credited him with Jason's kind nature."

The boy is kind because he's genetically related to kind Gould - she was crediting his genetics.

Obviously they reconciled, but Gould initially (and publicly) "blamed" Jason's homosexuality on spending too much time around women as he was growing up. Where were YOU Elliott?

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2018 12:34 AM

The reason Cher is loved so much is because she acts like an-anti diva in that she constantly makes fun of herself. Madonna, Diana Ross, and especially Barbra Streisand are incapable of doing that. In fact, Barbra Streisand just wouldn't be Barbra Streisand if she could make fun of herself--that's what her fans love about her is that she takes herself so fucking serious all the time. But Cher's self-deprecation is what makes her lovable.

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2018 12:54 AM

Cher isn't loved or is lovable. She's liked and is likable at best.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2018 1:04 AM

R71

I know Cher through mutual friends. She has very good relationships with both her kids. Chaz & Elijah do not get along though.

Cher is also very close to Chaz's girlfriend Shera and Elijah's wife.

Elijah & his wife have been living with Cher for over a year.

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2018 1:24 AM

Cher's a human being. Streisand is a monster.

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2018 1:33 AM

Because r80 knows them both, in her dreams.

by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2018 1:44 AM

I'm sad for you R81. Don't worship that terrible human being. Barbra Streisand is a PIG.

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2018 1:54 AM

[quote]I kind of wished that she would have had more kids with some of her lovers like Omar and Don Johnson and Ryan just to see what they looked like.

She's not a farm experiment, r61.

by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2018 2:10 AM

OP did your subscription lapse?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote]"Capricorn One". Starring both her husbands.

This looks like a hoot!

Elliott Gould as Robert Caulfield

James Brolin as Colonel Charles Brubaker, USAF

Sam Waterston as Lieutenant Colonel Peter Willis, USAF

O. J. Simpson as Commander John Walker, USN

Hal Holbrook as Dr. James Kelloway

Brenda Vaccaro as Kay Brubaker

Karen Black as Judy Drinkwater

Telly Savalas as Albain

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2018 2:23 AM

r82, what are you talking about? You're the sad case who thinks he knows both Cher and Streisand. Cuckoo.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2018 2:55 AM

Jason needs to do an album of Barbra covers.

For example: a "You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore" duet with Sam Smith.

by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2018 2:59 AM

I’ve met him- nice guy- shy- you’d never know who his Mom was if you didnt know already.

He’s done some acting- made a couple independent films and late in life started recording. He does not have his Mom’s drive but he’s always working on something. He speaks very lovingly of both his parents in infrequent interviews and she always says that he is one of the biggest joys of her life. Both of them are stable, healthy and very low key especially when you consider her status in the entertainment world.

Lots of trolls on this thread and others who think they are funny, I guess. Sorry gang- they are a surprisingly normal mother and son who happen to be very close- and yes very rich.

Contrary to what many of you seem to think- money does not fuck you up- oh sure it fucks some people up. But most kids of wealthy people live good lives for very obvious reasons- they get the best education, health care, and support life long. I come from a wealthy family and have many friends in the same boat as myself. Trust me- we are lucky and have done well in life for the most part- money gives you an enormous advantage in life.

by Anonymousreply 88October 22, 2018 3:02 AM

[quote]Trust me- we are lucky and have done well in life for the most part- money gives you an enormous advantage in life.

Trust me - we know.

by Anonymousreply 89October 22, 2018 3:04 AM

R88 = charlie finally speaks

by Anonymousreply 90October 22, 2018 3:05 AM

I used to see Jason all the time when he would visit his grandma Lucy, who lived across from me. Jason was nice, but Lucy was a mean, nasty dyke. Great collection of Hirschfelds though.This was the Westview Towers, on La Cienega.

by Anonymousreply 91October 22, 2018 3:12 AM

Jason lived in my old building on Riverside Dr. Painfully shy, almost never made eye contact.

by Anonymousreply 92October 22, 2018 3:44 AM

r88, you sound like such a genuine treasure.

by Anonymousreply 93October 22, 2018 4:30 AM

Charlie is full of shit. He has a shrine to Barbra Streisand in his studio apartment. He used to sell hankies at Barneys. He knows nothing of Streisand or Jason Gould that he didn't learned from fansites. Get him going on Jackie Onassis, JFK Jr or Andy Warhol. He's sold hankies to all of their assistants.

by Anonymousreply 94October 22, 2018 4:36 AM

R88 is the reason estate tax should be 90%

by Anonymousreply 95October 22, 2018 4:37 AM

Jason has a part-time job at the Yogurt's Yummy store in his mom's mall.

by Anonymousreply 96October 22, 2018 4:41 AM

Jason sells stepbrother Josh Brolin's used underwear on eBay.

by Anonymousreply 97October 22, 2018 5:31 AM

If Streisand is so maternal, why has she not helped her other stepson, Jess Brolin, who has been living on the streets of California for years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 22, 2018 5:36 AM

I’d heard that about Diana Ross; that she was a good mother who instilled a lot of good values in her children. Some have careers in entertainment while the others are accomplished in other areas. And they all seem to really adore and respect their mom. It’s a feat given the huge career she had while raising those kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 22, 2018 5:52 AM

Pretty amazing considering Diane was a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 100October 22, 2018 6:32 AM

[quote]Contrary to what many of you seem to think- money does not fuck you up- oh sure it fucks some people up.

I think people who get money later in life can get in trouble. Babs got rich really early, she was working before she was twenty and was smart with it. She has given away more than most families will ever make in their lifetimes combined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 22, 2018 11:56 AM

How much of a role did Bob Silberstein play in the raising of his daughters with Ross? Which daughter was actually sired by Berry Gordy?

by Anonymousreply 102October 22, 2018 12:15 PM

Because she is not responsible for him, R98, his FATHER is. Jess is an adult and probably mentally ill, no one can force him off the streets, and he'd be there if he had 20K in his pocket.

"Contrary to what many of you seem to think- money does not fuck you up..."

charlie, you imbecile, that's not the point. Having a job, having a PURPOSE is the point. Jason has moped around all of his adult life, he sees no need or is afraid to focus on anything but his own dysfunction.

by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2018 3:20 PM

R103, and you know this about Jason how? You don't know anything about Jason Gould. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 104October 22, 2018 3:25 PM

R104 = apparently reading impaired

by Anonymousreply 105October 22, 2018 3:33 PM

How so R104?

by Anonymousreply 106October 22, 2018 3:54 PM

[quote]R29 Diana Ross was and is a great mother.

Tho, she gave her daughter the humiliating name CHUDNEY for life because she couldn’t spell CHUTNEY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 22, 2018 3:57 PM

R103, She's done plenty for Josh and both of his wives.

by Anonymousreply 108October 22, 2018 4:21 PM

And what about me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 22, 2018 4:58 PM

Now there's a good looking talented woman who can sing R109!

by Anonymousreply 110October 22, 2018 5:13 PM

Isn't Jon Peters rumored to be very well hung?

by Anonymousreply 111October 22, 2018 5:16 PM

Poor delusional r110.

by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2018 5:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 22, 2018 5:54 PM

It's about her voice, darling, r113. Always has been. Do try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 114October 22, 2018 5:55 PM

It's bizarre that Jason has never had been in a serious relationship. Usually that's the sign of someone who suffers from chronic depression.

by Anonymousreply 115October 22, 2018 8:05 PM

Jason is in a serious relationship with his mother. She mauls and handles and cuddles him like a lover. Elliott Gould does not like Barbra by the way. They are all well paid to pretend they do. Brolin hits the jackpot. Twice a week.

by Anonymousreply 116October 22, 2018 8:11 PM

Why is that bizarre, R115? Jason is a loser.

by Anonymousreply 117October 22, 2018 8:42 PM

A rich loser.

by Anonymousreply 118October 22, 2018 11:37 PM

[quote]Diana Ross was and is a great mother.

Good Mother? Mama is a Jailbird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 22, 2018 11:40 PM

charlie, clearly you're the model for what anyone wishes their child would be! A chronic Caroline Kennedy suck-up and namedropper... this is what money can buy....

by Anonymousreply 120October 22, 2018 11:54 PM

charlie said if Lena Horne was gay, he was Bin Laden.

by Anonymousreply 121October 23, 2018 12:19 AM

Well, if Jason is single, he likely has a very difficult time finding someone who really loves him and won’t use him for his money or connections. Of course, his mother has millions of gay fans, too, that might use him to meet Barbra Streisand. He seems so sweet and adorable and is so endearingly handsome.

by Anonymousreply 122October 23, 2018 12:38 AM

Streisand doesn't have any fans under 70 years old, so Jason can still get laid. She is REALLY forgotten and her style of singing makes people roll their eyes. DRECK.

by Anonymousreply 123October 23, 2018 12:45 AM

He got laid plenty. Jason didn't get the AIDS from being a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 124October 23, 2018 12:50 AM

I thought the story with brolins son Jess was that they have tried to help him numerous times but he doesn’t have want the help and actually likes being on the street.

I’ve heard ONJ has a lot of guilt about Chloe because Chloe was raised by nannies for good part of her childhood.

by Anonymousreply 125October 23, 2018 12:53 AM

Robert Ellis Silberstein, Diana Ross husband #1. The girls say he was and is a good father. I say he's also gay as an Easter basket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 23, 2018 1:02 AM

r123, you again? We all thought you were dead.

by Anonymousreply 127October 23, 2018 1:25 AM

r115 & cunt r117, being in a serious relationship doesn't define you. Or maybe it does for you two.

by Anonymousreply 128October 23, 2018 1:26 AM

r116, the know-it-all who knows nothing. I know for a fact that Elliott Gould keeps pictures of both Streisand and of course Jason around his living room because a friend who worked with I'm on a film project was in his place in LA. If Gould didn't like her he wouldn't have pictures of her around.

by Anonymousreply 129October 23, 2018 1:29 AM

*with him on a film

by Anonymousreply 130October 23, 2018 1:29 AM

I saw photos of the middle daughter's outdoor wedding and both Diana and Silberstein were there, hugging and looking very close with the entire extended family. I think they get on fine and have done very well by their three daughters. Tracee is certainly a confidant and successful person. It was the eldest daughter who was fathered by Berry Gordy - who also btw has a good relationship with her and Diana.

It's Ross's two youngest, the two sons, who are a bit dicey imo. Their father, Arne Naess, left Diana when they were young and moved back to Europe, he died in a mountain climbing accident several years ago. Not sure what that relationship was like.

Barbra seems like a typical mom from her generation. She seems to get on well with her stepkids. Brolin has a younger daughter by his marriage to Jan Smithers, I wonder how she gets on with Stepmom.

by Anonymousreply 131October 23, 2018 1:30 AM

Ms Ross’ children with Ness, boys Ross and Evan..do they even work? Her notorious ambition was not passsed on to them. The youngest married Ashlee Simpson. What do they do all day?

by Anonymousreply 132October 23, 2018 1:35 AM

Olivia needs to get over her guilt and slap some hard sense into train wreck daughter Chloe.

by Anonymousreply 133October 23, 2018 1:44 AM

I would kill for a trust fund.

by Anonymousreply 134October 23, 2018 1:45 AM

Ross went to college has a career in the medical field. He doesn't like the limelight.

Evan is doing a reality TV show with Ashlee for E television.

by Anonymousreply 135October 23, 2018 1:55 AM

Yeah, R129. Did you know that Joan Crawford kept pictures of Barbara Stanwyck and JFK on her mantel? Must mean something...

by Anonymousreply 136October 23, 2018 2:06 AM

Babs kept her mother and sister in a shitty condo with ratty carpet.

by Anonymousreply 137October 23, 2018 2:30 AM

But her mother gave her a ratty hot water bottle instead of a dolly.

by Anonymousreply 138October 23, 2018 2:32 AM

[quote]R124 Jason got laid plenty. He didn't get the AIDS from being a virgin.

Well that’s too bad. surely he had the education and necessary finances to buy condoms???

by Anonymousreply 139October 23, 2018 2:42 AM

Jason's old enough, he might have gotten it back in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 140October 23, 2018 2:49 AM

R137, Roslyn is a shitty, over the hill "singer" who giggles incessantly, she deserves nothing more than a ratty carpet at her advanced age!

by Anonymousreply 141October 23, 2018 2:54 AM

Barbra kept asking Jason all the time if he thought she was pretty and if he liked her ass. That's hard on a 6 year old. He turned out gay, insecure, self destructive and unable to hold a football. HIV can happen to anyone. He could have sung but they all sound so much alike that it taints sTreisand's claim that her voice is one in ten million. It's not. Very pretty, but not so extraordinary.

Barbra of course furthers only the highest political causes and charities that name things after her. Huge tax deductions. She has no interest in fags or AIDS. Nor in people really. She takes cares of her son with less malice than she "loved" her mother and sister.

charlie once sold a hankie to Jason and tried some moves on him. Jason ain't shy with the right man. But who wants to fuck a fan even older than his mother? OY.

by Anonymousreply 142October 23, 2018 3:35 AM

r142, you know nothing of her, but you paint an interesting fictional portrait of her. What's your obsession with Charlie and hankies, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 143October 23, 2018 3:49 AM

Diana and Roslyn's studio condo.

"One room is sufficient!" - Barbra

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 23, 2018 3:55 AM

R140 I started having safe sex in the very early 80s. Time magazine had a cover story on HIV/AIDS and they already theorized it was spread through bodily fluids.

It was the 70s when people were uniformed, not the 80s (as I recall)

by Anonymousreply 145October 23, 2018 3:59 AM

So, Jason is a dumb bottom.

by Anonymousreply 146October 23, 2018 4:09 AM

Who cares about your hole R145? Lots of men and women took well into the mid nineties before they adopted fully safe sex practices or HIV became real to them. By the early 2000s internet porn was promoting breeding again. I'm almost 40 and never practiced much safe sex. I'm not infected.

All these ancient fat farts (Datalounge) who can't get it up are always commenting on how real men live our sexual lives. Jason can't be dumber than most bottoms. He's not from the DL generation that just lay there with their ass up in the dark. Not much you couldn't do to them. Maybe charlie infected Jason as a lasting gift to Barbra?

by Anonymousreply 147October 23, 2018 4:19 AM

R147 You’re ignoring the fact that Jason Gould and I are the SAME AGE.

by Anonymousreply 148October 23, 2018 4:26 AM

But you're a boring old dude and hopefully he's not. Who starts having safe sex at 16?

by Anonymousreply 149October 23, 2018 4:30 AM

Um, smart people?

by Anonymousreply 150October 23, 2018 4:31 AM

Get some rest pa.

by Anonymousreply 151October 23, 2018 4:34 AM

You’ve already gone through a Sex Ed class by 16...most Americans aren’t even virgins any more at that age.

Why would we have been unfamiliar with condoms?

by Anonymousreply 152October 23, 2018 4:40 AM

Stop embarrassing yourself Barbra @ R152. Nobody wants your hole anymore, you're safe. From HIV.

by Anonymousreply 153October 23, 2018 4:45 AM

I still can't get over how my mother sexually abused me. One day I will be able to tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 154October 23, 2018 4:49 AM

[quote]R153 Stop embarrassing yourself Barbra @ [R152]. Nobody wants your hole anymore, you're safe. From HIV.

Shut it! This is a candid I took just moments ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 23, 2018 4:56 AM

"Where does she fall on the Diana Ross to Cher scale?"

Where is this scale? Why do you have to fall on it? What is the unit of measurement on this scale called? Killochers? Millirosses? Or did they not go metric? Gypsytrampsandthieves mile? Stopinthenameoflove tonnne?

by Anonymousreply 156October 23, 2018 5:06 AM

The word SUPERSTAR was invented to describe Diana Ross. That's all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 157October 23, 2018 5:14 AM

Robert Shapiro and his wife Linell spent a lot of time with Diana and Robert Silberstein in the 70s. One of them said that sitting in a Jacuzzi (I think this was Aspen) with no hair and makeup, Diana looked like a ni**er.

by Anonymousreply 158October 23, 2018 8:01 AM

Ross' son Evan is on the TV show Star by Queen Latifah.

by Anonymousreply 159October 23, 2018 8:40 AM

On the contrary, R157, the term SUPERSTAR was invented to describe Streisand in an April 1966 issue of LOOK magazine. The article was entitled, Super Barbra.

W&W for R142, I'm still laughing!

by Anonymousreply 160October 23, 2018 3:31 PM

How hilarious it is and a testament to Babs' staying power that she, at 76, instills such passion in her mos.

by Anonymousreply 161October 23, 2018 3:40 PM

R142 is a sick troll- sickest of the sick on this thread-

by Anonymousreply 162October 23, 2018 4:02 PM

R162 = new to Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 163October 23, 2018 4:08 PM

Still waiting for any link or public acknowledgment of Jason's HIV status. Otherwise, it's just the rank speculation of bitter bitches on an anonymous gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 164October 23, 2018 4:15 PM

Medusa, r30? Really?

by Anonymousreply 165October 23, 2018 4:40 PM

Stunning doppelganger, actor Meeno Peluce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 23, 2018 4:47 PM

R164, Jason's HIV status has been out there for years, it wasn't invented here. There has been no comment or denial from him or Streisand.

This link is only from the Enquirer, but notice how casually they mention "who is openly gay and was diagnosed HIV-positive in 2000." Being HIV positive isn't even the point of their story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 23, 2018 5:26 PM

I don't know how Streisand is as a mother, but she clearly seems more nurturing of her son's talents than her mother was of hers. Maybe she's trying to break the cycle. I still think that's why she wanted to play Rose in GYPSY - she wanted to play her own mother and heal from it. I think her shy nature and coldness can probably be attributed to her relationship with her own mother.

Jason truly does have a gorgeous voice. I was very surprised when I first heard him sing at one of his mother's concerts. She seemed so proud of him, too. Seems to me like they have a pretty good relationship. She talks a lot about spending time with her grandchildren, too. I think she might actually not be too bad of a mother. She's not very self-aware at times of her professional issues, but her mothering doesn't seem any better or worse than a lot of people's.

by Anonymousreply 168October 23, 2018 5:39 PM

I think she’s probably a good mom. A mite controlling, perhaps....but if she gave him half the attention she gives to the length of the fringe on a throw pillow used in the background of a photo shoot, then he wanted for nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 23, 2018 6:34 PM

Hi, Jason Gould.

Maybe do some notable work if you want to be talked about on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 170October 23, 2018 7:20 PM

She's a Jewish mother. They are all the same. And yes, Jason has an infected asshole. The AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 171October 23, 2018 8:39 PM

Roslyn Kind (Babs sister) and Jodie Foster once fought tooth and nail over the same man. Roz won and married him. But later he knocked up Jodie.

Someone should write a book about this tawdry love triangle that went on for YEARS with these two ladies fighting one another for the same man.

by Anonymousreply 172October 23, 2018 8:42 PM

are you hallucinating, r172?

by Anonymousreply 173October 23, 2018 8:48 PM

R173 it is all true - Roslyn Kind and Jodie Foster fought over the same man. One wound up marrying him, the other was knocked up by him,

100% TRUE

by Anonymousreply 174October 23, 2018 8:51 PM

Did he knock up Jodie while married to Roslyn?

by Anonymousreply 175October 23, 2018 8:53 PM

R175 no after he left Roslyn. Then he knocked up Jodie

by Anonymousreply 176October 23, 2018 8:53 PM

R174, This is the guy, Randy Stone. According to Wikipedia, he's openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 177October 23, 2018 8:57 PM

Jason does have an incredible voice. I heard his version of Masquerade recently and was wowed. Barbra seems like she'd be be overbearing but I haven't heard any trashy news about Jason or Barbra other than that Babs is a diva. The trash in the family seems to come from the Brolin side of things, namely, Josh.

by Anonymousreply 178October 23, 2018 8:58 PM

Did Jodie abort the mission?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 23, 2018 9:01 PM

R177 it was a TORRID and tawdry love triangle between Roslyn, Randy and Jodie

by Anonymousreply 180October 23, 2018 9:02 PM

Jodie & Randy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 23, 2018 9:04 PM

I stand corrected, r174. Stunned, but corrected.

by Anonymousreply 182October 23, 2018 9:11 PM

Here is Roslyn after she was TRIUMPHANT in marrying Randy Stone AWAY from Jodie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 23, 2018 9:18 PM

Roslyn Kind to Jodie Foster "Stay away from my husband, you tramp!"

by Anonymousreply 184October 23, 2018 9:22 PM

R180 are you sure Jason was not in there as well? After all, he was *pals* with Randy Stone.

I think Roslyn is a virgin...or a lesbian. Probably a non-practicing lesbian because she's still a nice geriatric Jewish girl.

by Anonymousreply 185October 23, 2018 10:52 PM

Barbra paid for Roslyn and Randy's wedding. After they divorced, Roslyn allegedly turned into a lesbian.

She and Liza Minnelli were both suppressed lesbians who married a gay men.

by Anonymousreply 186October 24, 2018 12:16 AM

LIZA = not so suppressed

by Anonymousreply 187October 24, 2018 12:45 AM

I remember seeing Roslyn performing in the lounge at the Smoke House restaurant in the Valley with my parents. The only thing more humiliating was being there.

by Anonymousreply 188October 24, 2018 12:52 AM

R188, But how were the smoked meats?

by Anonymousreply 189October 24, 2018 3:15 AM

Wait, so gay icon Barbra Streisand's half-sister lost her husband to man stealer and lesbian Jodie Foster, whom he impregnated?

by Anonymousreply 190October 24, 2018 4:00 AM

You read it here first - -

by Anonymousreply 191October 24, 2018 4:08 AM

[quote]Wait, so gay icon Barbra Streisand's half-sister lost her gay husband to man stealer and lesbian Jodie Foster, whom he impregnated?

fixeded

by Anonymousreply 192October 24, 2018 4:19 AM

It's an old-school steakhouse across from Warner Bros.

by Anonymousreply 193October 24, 2018 4:20 AM

[quote] I don't know how Streisand is as a mother, but she clearly seems more nurturing of her son's talents than her mother was of hers.

Well, that's setting the bar pretty low.

by Anonymousreply 194October 24, 2018 5:11 AM

If Streisand was so nurturing of Jason's talent, she would have paid for a music teacher, and then told him to get off his ass and sing loooong ago.

by Anonymousreply 195October 24, 2018 1:59 PM

Stone was nothing but a baby daddy for Foster. Theres' was not a romantic relationship.

by Anonymousreply 196October 24, 2018 9:38 PM

R196 = so wise

by Anonymousreply 197October 25, 2018 1:20 AM

The kids don’t resemble Randy Stone...they look like Cynthia Nixon’s rojo caliente, which ain’t so good.

by Anonymousreply 198October 29, 2018 6:09 PM

I remember in old gossip MB’s Jason was deathly ill at one point and Barbra threw millions of dollars at it. Sent him to Switzerland to a specialty AIDS clinic, and visited him every day while he was in a hospital in NYC (think it was either NYP or MSK). Obviously he pulled through the crisis.

by Anonymousreply 199October 29, 2018 7:44 PM

Jason was good in "Prince of Tides".

by Anonymousreply 200October 29, 2018 8:50 PM

No, he wasn't. Too nelly.

by Anonymousreply 201October 30, 2018 3:49 PM

It never happened R199.

by Anonymousreply 202October 30, 2018 5:34 PM

Jason Gould as a star high school footballer in PRINCE OF TIDES: no.

by Anonymousreply 203October 30, 2018 6:48 PM

Jason does have pretty nails.

by Anonymousreply 204November 1, 2018 2:38 AM

Yeah, he wasn’t a hs footballer, he wanted to be, but had been brought up too nelly and protected. So kind of worked. I think bans is pretty probably a loving mother.

by Anonymousreply 205November 1, 2018 4:30 AM

That’s babs!

by Anonymousreply 206November 1, 2018 4:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!