Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dr. Jake and nurse hubby Ted

jakejacob01Folding laundry in the bedroom and @teddington_01 tells me to look up. On one of the first cold days since we’ve moved here the evening sky is painted.

There is beauty in life all around us, sometimes directly in front of us. Sometimes I get so distracted with the to-do list, with the routine of life, with accomplishing the goals of the day. Sometimes I’m too busy, and other times I simply refuse to look up, or look for the beauty that’s presenting itself directly in front of my face.

Then there are times when others help me see how fortunate I am. Even more there are times we take spontaneous beautiful moments and allow ourselves to thrive and grow in them.

A moment in time that started out as folding laundry with my husband turned into enjoying a special evening sunset and appreciating where we are and how far we’ve come.

I’m reminded of lyrics from my favorite childhood musical. “Oh, if life were made of moments, even now and then a bad one, but if life were only moments then you'd never know you had one.”

I look forward to those gentle reminders, those little moments. I’m grateful to have people in my life who help open my eyes to the amazing world around me. I’m grateful to be who and where I am today. Tomorrow may be just another day, but who knows what little moment I may discover.

#love #moments #kiss #sunset #husbands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 13, 2019 7:27 PM

jakejacob01Practicing my blue steal.

But seriously such a big thank you to Kansas City @ulahkc for taking this Florida/Texas boy and helping me learn how to dress for Midwest winters. I grew up in Utah but after being away for 9 years all my fashion sense has been shorts and tanks. Time to grow and experience. It’s just the beginning!

#bluesteal #clothed #fashion #winterwear #newadventures

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2018 6:00 PM

jakejacob01Ten days away from Halloween in LA @halloweeniela and still feeling like a blank canvas for costume ideas.

Occasionally I’m asked what I do to motivate myself with my diet and exercise program. Working for “swimsuit season” is vague and frankly any time of year it’s somewhere in the world. Rather than vaguely saying “summer,” I choose to use solidified set dates, then having manageable goals I can accomplish between now and then. I don’t bring this up to say everyone needs to look a certain way. I bring it up because I have found better success in achieving my own personal goals by setting reasonable short term goals.

Although I’ve never done one, I think this is why physique competitors see such dramatic change. They have a goal, they have a set plan, they have the necessary help and support, and they utilize this timetable to break up their end goal into smaller goals. Why not do that for regular life too? Seeing the big picture is important but working for the big picture is incredibly intimidating and daunting. Without proper perspective it’s easy to feel so far from the end result that I want to give up.

Sometimes it’s easy to run just one more block at a time than look at a finish line that is miles away. Often I choose to take things one day at a time, for emotional struggles, physical struggles, education and work, and other parts of my life that seem too daunting to take on all at once. I acknowledge there are parts of myself or aspects that I either can’t change or will take time to sort out. Instead of dreading and worrying (punishing myself twice) I allow myself to accept I don’t have all the answers, but I can definitely do something smaller today to have a better tomorrow. I can find the joy in the process, in the adventure.

#goals #chesthair #physique #patience

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2018 6:03 PM

jakejacob01Throwback and Happy boyfriend day. Homage to a past life, and a throwback to a Halloween when I was feeling a bit more risqué. Obligatory slutty (blank). #missionarystyle #throwback #boyfriend #instagay #mormon #companion #whitebible #elders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2018 6:05 PM

teddington_01My man in his new ‘leads’ makes me weak in the knees. HELLOOOOO DOCTOR!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2018 6:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2018 6:06 PM

I was distracted, re-arranging my Venini vases in the smoking salon of our pied à terre in Nice. My partner texts me, "Regards par la fenetre".

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2018 6:07 PM

jakejacob01Took an unexpected, and slightly obligatory break from a planned meeting this last weekend. Thankfully I had some great company to pass the time with. Not shown @jmhawz

#thebomb #ringlight #flex #chesthair #moutstache

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2018 6:10 PM

jakejacob01Perfect practice makes perfect. Still working on that perfect part.

I have my fair share of odd workouts, this included. I was lucky enough to take a beginners gymnastics course in college... 3 times. I couldn’t help myself. It opened my comprehension to new challenges, new goals, an entirely new way to use my body. At the time I was still stuck the high school football coach mentality of being as big as possible. More weight, more muscle, more, more, more. Suddenly my body type was an advantage, I was pretty good at it, and more importantly I enjoyed it. I saw the benefit of functionality and balance, in life and in my own mind.

Exercise was a huge priority for me also but a struggle for me. I didn’t enjoy the typical Olympic lifts, if anything I felt like I was getting injured more often than improving. Getting injured over and over trying to hoist heavier weights, trying to eat as much as possible, even to the point of developing a problematic aversion to food. I needed to break a paradigm, I needed to find my own way of exercising, I needed to see things in a new way, and I couldn’t comprehend that by doing the same things over and over again.

On a more personal note, getting out of my comfort zone to do alternative exercises can be intimidating. I know I get a lot of odd looks for using rings, for doing handstand presses, muscle ups, box jumps, and who knows what else I’ll be adopting in the future, but I’ve found things I enjoy. I found things I look forward to doing, unique PR’s I get to overcome. The benefit of my happiness compensates for the odd looks and side comments that come occasionally. I’m still waiting for one of my exercises to end up on a meme poking fun.

Takeaway, I’m working to be my best self, to experiment, try new things, figure out what works for me, even today. I don’t have everything figured out, and that was the paradigm that I broke. I am a lifetime learner, and I thrive off of new “ah ha” moments. So today I continue to remind myself to look for the other point of view, try new things, be patient with myself as I learn, and most import to find joy in the process.

#shoulderday #functionaltraining #bodyweight #handstand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2018 6:11 PM

#narcissism #bacne #lookatme #pleaselookatme #tooperfect #threadclosed

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2018 6:14 PM

jakejacob01Sauna-ing it out. Been years since I lived in a climate that has four seasons, since I’ve experienced a lot of things.

The last few months has been the tail end of an incredibly long journey that exemplifies “every exit is an entrance to somewhere else.” 13 years of constant education and training. Surreal to look back on, never knowing exactly where I’d end up, or even who I’d become. My first taste of blindly diving into the unknown was starting undergrad, then my acceptance letter to grad school, then more unknowns to plunge into. It has been the countless unknowns that helped transform me into someone today I am proud to be, albeit with many things I’m still working on.

On my journey I put on more weight than I ever thought possible. Genetically I am by far the heaviest out of my 8 older siblings and 30+ nieces and nephews. But it’s not about the weight. It’s about seeing my body differently than I have before. Changing my eating habits, changing my exercise routines, changing how I look at myself in the mirror. It’s safe to say everyone has days that they don’t like what they see, the perceived flaws overwhelm the many positives that seem to fade into the background of our minds. For me it’s what I assume is the obvious, my hair, my ears, my acne, etc etc. I have those days of self doubt and criticism, which makes me celebrate the days of confidence and assurance even more.

Some days the continual journey can become cumbersome and overbearing. That’s when I acknowledge that not every day has to be filled with revelations and growth. Some days it’s simply allowing myself to “be” exactly as I am, in whatever state of mind I am in. I use to pride myself on my internal drive for improvement and success. I am proud of the man I see in the mirror, flaws and all, therefore there is equal amount of joy and satisfaction in recognizing exactly who I am today, exactly where I am, exactly what I have. Yes I want to grow and learn and improve, and ironically realizing the power of “being still” and enjoying the present exactly as it is is yet another beautiful lesson I am learning.

#growth #sauna #sweatitout #chesthairdontcare #loveyourself #instagay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2018 6:14 PM

God how banal and basic they seem. This is an embarrassment of riches to the cunty.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2018 6:21 PM

jakejacob01When you realize you’re being filmed and the first thing you do is go to pick your nose before a reflexive ab check 😂🤣

#humpday #happyhumpday #back #legs #lift #grunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2018 6:28 PM

jakejacob01Sitting in the glow of the sunset, it’s hard not to reminisce about how quickly life can be full of bright colors then take on the transformed beauty of a sky rich with evening stars. I haven’t moved from my chair but the entire world around me has changed. Each is beautiful in its own way, and vastly different. The joy and sorrow is I have to lose one to see the other. If I choose to only focus on what is lost I will never appreciate the new profound reality that presents itself to me.

My life has been a series of new lives, moving, changing, growing, wildly different surroundings and environments. Most people go throughout life with an established “home base.” Then others see home as wherever they happen to be living today. In the past I was desperate for a family, using successful relationships to measure my personal worth, resulting in unrealistic expectations and a low threshold to throw walls up and run away. I mistook my desperation for vulnerability.

Vulnerability is inherent with risk. I joke the analogy “the common denominator in all of your failed relationships is you” It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and discourage, even lonely. It’s taken time and growth but I’ve learned the nature of relationships is change. Priorities change, goals change, circumstances change, life changes. Saying goodbye to former expectations is like opening a door to new possibilities. Some may choose to walk with me into the sunset and embrace the inevitable change that life brings and grow together, other times I may walk alone. With every new day comes a chance to value my current loved ones for the beautiful gifts they bring into my life.

I cannot hold back the river of change in my own life, I can only learn to enjoy going with the unyielding flow forward. I can recognize that at times it’s okay to be sad, it’s okay to mourn, its okay to reminisce and feel loss. Most importantly it’s okay to move forward with confidence that I am living and loving as my best self.

#growth #adulting #love #changedforthebetter #chesthair #innerpeave #progress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2018 2:33 AM

They need a fatal traffic accident in their near future.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2018 2:35 AM

He's tedious and exhausting. Wake me up when he's taking dicks on an OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2018 2:41 AM

That steroid queen has the ugliest body hair pattern I've ever seen. If anyone ever needed to wax that shit it is she.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2018 2:56 AM

Didn't we already have a thread making fun of these two and it got deleted? OP doesn't want to give up.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2018 3:18 AM

The earlier threadS got deleted after some queen named the exact high-rise where they live.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2018 3:55 AM

Wonder if anyone in his real life has ever turned to him and said "for god's sake would you just shut the fuck up?" He's a cliched platitude in human form

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2018 4:16 AM

Lol @ his saying blue steal instead of blue steel. He clearly has no sense of self awareness with those epically long posts.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2018 4:35 AM

the husband duo will be in LA for Halloween

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2018 5:51 PM

jakejacob01Time for transition, time for change, time to trim. Time to get ready for my Halloween costume. Can you tell I already trimmed one arm 😂🤣

It may sound silly but growing out my body hair and refraining from “manscaping” for the last year was a life adventure in itself. First high school then to a Mormon mission, then to BYU and finally grad school. I never grew a beard through it all. I actually didn’t think I could. Plus facial hair (and chest hair gives me ridiculous acne). Add on top of that that weird 90’s early 2000 mentality of having a hairless body. I guess I got stuck there. It’s been good to see my body and myself in a new light.

So today the fur is coming off, and we’ll see what happens. I will absolutely miss it. I’m going from “Otter” or “Wolf” to... I don’t exactly know. I’m sure it has a name though.

Things I learned:

- I like my body hair.

- I’m not afraid to try a new look.

- It’s far less work and effort.

- Acne in facial and chest hair is a bitch to get rid of unless I shave it off.

- I love my gray chest hairs.

With that said, no shave Novembeard is almost here so...

#scruff #chesthair #trim #manscape #otter #wolf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2018 1:30 AM

What is the deal with those forearms? They look grotesquely oversized.

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2018 1:37 AM

He does a lot of bodyweight exercises and used to do gymnastics so they're really developed

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2018 2:10 AM

He writes a lot, and yet says very little. And it's all exhausting to read because there isn't much authenticity behind it. It just reads like excerpts from a D-list Tony Robbins seminar.

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2018 2:19 AM

The gay version of deplorables? Intolerables?

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2018 3:13 AM

If there's anything I hate, it's a phony.

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2018 3:17 AM

[quote]He does a lot of bodyweight exercises and used to do gymnastics so they're really developed

Yes....that's why

by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2018 3:19 AM

An entire essay about body hair. And people say Jake lacks depth.

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2018 1:08 PM

Wow. I can’t wade through that prattle. I think Finnegan’s Wake might be an easier read.

by Anonymousreply 30October 26, 2018 1:15 PM

Get ready LA!

teddington_0124 hours from now, we will be shaking our asses with the rest of the fouls and goblins. Hope to see all you boys there! #halloweenie2018 #halloweenie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2018 5:23 PM

I think the body hair, including that pelt on his chest, is the only thing that makes him tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2018 8:09 PM

I guess Kansas City doesn't have enough instawhores for these two to get fucked by, or maybe they've run through them all already, so they have to go to LA for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2018 9:01 PM

Does he actually ever go to work?

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2018 9:32 PM

Is that the daddy from Outdaughtered? So he finally came out?

by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2018 9:36 PM

Insufferable beyond measure.

by Anonymousreply 36October 26, 2018 10:04 PM

at the airport !

teddington_01Pork & Pickle, & a finger... sounds like a fun Friday night to me! #happyfriday #tgif

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 26, 2018 10:16 PM

What strip of fabric will they claim is a costume?

by Anonymousreply 38October 26, 2018 11:19 PM

which of you sent this and pissed him off lol

he posted this in his stories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 27, 2018 3:34 AM

This guy is actually a physician? And he is THAT pumped up on steroids? He is living an incredible unhealthy life by injecting that shit into his body. How could anyone take him seriously as a doctor? He's fucking gross.

by Anonymousreply 40October 27, 2018 3:50 AM

with 1 of their friends in LA

ig: mattdubbe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 27, 2018 8:02 PM

can't post the video but along with Ted, this was the 2nd friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 27, 2018 8:05 PM

lmfao! Their halloween outfits were slutty Mormon outfits, an ode to Jake's upbringing in Utah. Swipe for the other 2 pics too. You can see their dick and ass bulges lol

jakejacob01Ode to “Sister” Mormon Missionaries.... Just a bit more fabulous.

Throwback to my days serving the lord on my own mission. I was as Mormon as possible, faithful member to the core. Was Elders Quorum President, Stake Sunday School President, etc. Finally after breaking up with my fiancé (female) I realized I needed to figure out my life. I took some time to reconcile my upbringing to who I innately am. Obviously being gay and having a loving relationship with my husband is not allowed. Many decisions and nights of introspection, despair, hope, new experiences led me to where I am today. To say it was a challenge is an understatement. Working through my years of conversion therapy was a continual journey. Now it’s fun to look back at the good and bad that came from my upbringing. I wouldn’t change it for the world because then I wouldn’t be who I am today.

#missionary #mormon #halloween #croptop #fabulous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 27, 2018 9:42 PM

These people are the most random DL favoriite ever lmao

by Anonymousreply 44October 27, 2018 9:53 PM

wow so he had a female fiancee when he was younger. I'm glad he was able to get out of Mormonism and live his truest life

by Anonymousreply 45October 27, 2018 9:55 PM

I always take shirtless pics with my friends! Jakes truest life is apparently being circuit-party attending, instagram-ho. Loft goals!

by Anonymousreply 46October 27, 2018 10:59 PM

with the 2 friends @winsomewins and @mattdubbe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 28, 2018 2:10 AM

Gross

by Anonymousreply 48October 28, 2018 2:14 AM

I don’t see things turning out well for him if he doesn’t get help. There’s something so sad about him. Especially in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 49October 28, 2018 2:25 AM

Body dysmorphia?

by Anonymousreply 50October 28, 2018 2:26 AM

I'm beginning to question whether Jake is really a doctor. So many things don't add up.

by Anonymousreply 51October 29, 2018 12:17 AM

Brunch at The Abbey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 29, 2018 1:02 AM

for some reason we can't write T.H.E A.B.B.E.Y?

by Anonymousreply 53October 29, 2018 1:03 AM

Jake's Halloween costume has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. So ridiculous, there was nothing hot about it.

by Anonymousreply 54October 29, 2018 2:50 AM

Assuming they'll find someplace in Kansas City where they can take their clothes off for Halloween, but what will they go as next?

by Anonymousreply 55October 30, 2018 7:46 PM

r51 he does seem rather stupid to be a doctor, with the obvious misspellings in his posts.

by Anonymousreply 56October 30, 2018 8:01 PM

If I ever went out with a man, in high heels, I'd expect someone to shoot me on the spot. I've never seen two more narcissistic idiots in my entire life. Believe me I've got enough life experience to know an asshole when I see one.

by Anonymousreply 57October 30, 2018 8:09 PM

Ted is not attractive. And I keep remembering how queeny he was in that one video where they're watching snakes or something on Animal Planet? It was do embarrassing.

I have to think that there's no one in this man's life to tell him just how tedious he is. The Instagram posts are so long and yet, say absolutely nothing. They are filled with very benign platitudes and not terribly deep musings about life. He is essentially "journaling" and sharing it with his acolytes. I've seen this happen on social media a lot, particularly Twitter and Instagram. These people become extremely invested in their "celebrity" and feel the need to update their "followers" about every little cunt fart they have. These muscle guys with a high number of followers all seem to know each other and get together with each other when they're in their respective cities. there's this very thirsty bottom who I used to follow on Twitter who is a part-time personal trainer from Pittsburgh. He took a weekend trip to D.C. and proceeded to post 4-5 selfies (in one single day) and shared all sorts of pics of him meeting up with his Twitter people. It was all very embarrassing.

There was a particularly hilarious post some months ago where he actually wanted us to believe that he had come home from work, stripped at the door, fell onto a blow-up mattress that was on the floor all the while not noticing Ted standing on the counter before Ted jumped onto the mattress and bounced him off. It was, like, not even physically possible to do what he was describing and the story ultimately made no sense. I feel like that's when I realized that he lies on his Instagram in order to come up with new couple events and #moments.

I agree with the person who said that he had sad eyes. I think he was very damaged by his family life and feels a lot of the love he never received from family members from these "followers."

by Anonymousreply 58October 30, 2018 8:24 PM

He’s like a J Peterman catalog entry personified. Lots of flowery prose but it’s still just a pair of shoes.

by Anonymousreply 59October 30, 2018 8:34 PM

BAHAHAHA!! Great one R59!!

by Anonymousreply 60October 30, 2018 9:47 PM

And yet, we take the time to set up a posed Insta photo with the sunset as a backdrop. Who took the photo? Or did they take the time to set the phone up on a tripod?

"Honey, hurry. The light is fading!!!"

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 61October 30, 2018 9:53 PM

teddington_01Low carb diet + Halloween = Agony‼️ #tootsierolls #i❤️tootsierolls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 30, 2018 10:22 PM

From Jake's stories last night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 30, 2018 10:34 PM

lol someone is using Jake's photos for an only fans account and someone made a fake instagram account. He's letting everyone know he does not use only fans and only has 1 instagram page

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2018 10:35 PM

Sad Eyes Jake needs the services of our dear Matthew Dempsey, LPCC

by Anonymousreply 65October 30, 2018 10:37 PM

thanking a page that featured him today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 30, 2018 10:38 PM

"there's this very thirsty bottom who I used to follow on Twitter"

That says a lot about you, r58.

by Anonymousreply 67October 30, 2018 11:04 PM

r66 are his nipples getting bigger? Perhaps he has some form of creeping nipple disease.

by Anonymousreply 68October 31, 2018 4:18 PM

I'm assuming that he is, in fact, a doctor and that he is a competent one. I can see that he has a good body and if he didn't try to pump it up into comic proportions, it would be even better. He also is a handsome man and would be even hotter without the hairdo that looks like it's ready to take flight. So he has a lot going for him, but he chooses to make himself look ridiculous with his desperate need for attention by posting the constant body shots (and those ridiculous costumes in the gogo boots) and his superficial ramblings about himself. I guess his family and his childhood faith just did incredible damage to him so that he has this gnawing need for approval and can't be happy with himself, his achievements or even his husband. Nothing is ever going to be enough for this guy: no amount of likes or lines of guys he can fuck at P-Town. I hope that he someday can find an effective therapist who can help him deal with his issues (and then keep it to himself).

by Anonymousreply 69October 31, 2018 4:51 PM

He was hot and I enjoyed some of his tweets. Until his feed became a selfie overload and a constant need for attention (very much like Jake, actually) at which point I unfollowed him. What exactly is that "saying about me," oh wise one at R67?

Please. Everyone follows hot guys on social media. Or are you a blind eunuch?

by Anonymousreply 70October 31, 2018 6:18 PM

sauna selfie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 31, 2018 6:19 PM

scrubs selfie! Apparently he didn't sleep last night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 31, 2018 6:20 PM

Are those really selfies or is someone taking the pictures? he doesn't show an arm up or anything

by Anonymousreply 73October 31, 2018 6:30 PM

It's possible that he forces patients to take photos of him, or he withholds medications like insulin and retrovirals.

by Anonymousreply 74October 31, 2018 6:49 PM

He’s going to kill himself at some point.

by Anonymousreply 75October 31, 2018 6:54 PM

I actually follow Jake here because I can't bear to follow him on Insta. Its just too much. Bless his heart. Its like coming up on a car wreck. You don't want to look...but you just can't help yourself. That's how I am with these two.

by Anonymousreply 76October 31, 2018 7:16 PM

maybe he uses a selfie stick?

by Anonymousreply 77October 31, 2018 7:29 PM

Every post of his is contrived to elicit fawning compliments from his fans. Even that stupid leg post. "Oh Jake! Your legs are so amazing!!! Never grow the fur back!!!"

by Anonymousreply 78October 31, 2018 11:38 PM

r77 no, it's much more likely that he is withholding critical medicines from AIDS patients. Jake would never use a selfie stick!

by Anonymousreply 79October 31, 2018 11:43 PM

Agreed, r78. Jake's need for approval is a yawning cavern within him that will never be filled.

by Anonymousreply 80November 1, 2018 5:48 AM

His hair makes him look like a conehead.

by Anonymousreply 81November 1, 2018 11:13 AM

jakejacob01Suddenly it’s November. Today is a cool morning filled with calm gray skies. A first taste of a month dedicated to gratitude and thankfulness. The very next month of December is dedicated to charity, love, and new beginnings.

The holidays are my favorite time of year, but I have many favorite times. I use to dread holidays, even when I was younger with my family. I felt they were filled with unnecessary stress and unrealistic expectations. Contention at home was often inevitable. Then when I came out I lost that family dynamic, the traditions, everything. Suddenly I was alone. In so many ways I consider that to be a blessing within a trial. Instead of going through the motions of holiday celebrations I was, making my own traditions, forging my own meaning into the holidays.

After meeting @teddington_01 I began my own holiday traditions. From my familiar 8 siblings, in-laws, 35+ nieces and nephews, and dozens of cousins I came to appreciate the simplicity of our little family. Yes, I missed the mess of people and the constant buzzing of excitement and energy, but I loved the new life I was creating, albeit different than planned.

Often I take a step back and think of what the holiday season means to me. Is it parties and food and gifts? Yes, but so much more. In the absence of my former family traditions I’ve been lucky enough to experience a completely different way of celebrating. It’s quietly waking up next to my husband Christmas morning and opening thoughtful gifts. It’s attending “Friendsgiving” celebrations and building new relationships. It’s traveling to distant countries and having new experiences to help me grow and appreciate my life more. It’s whatever I choose to make it for myself.

So ready or not the holidays are upon us. My goal, as it is every year, is to spend a little less money, give more of my time, share more of my soul, and try to be the spirit of love and kindness to someone else who may be in need, just as my friends have selflessly been to me in the past.

#holidays #fall #love #spirit #kindness #giving #scruff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 1, 2018 6:53 PM

Dude needs a blog

by Anonymousreply 83November 1, 2018 6:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 1, 2018 7:05 PM

Does he have to have validation in EVERY aspect of his life?

by Anonymousreply 85November 1, 2018 7:11 PM

The narcissism is off the charts--all he thinks about is his body (despite his ramblings)

by Anonymousreply 86November 1, 2018 7:29 PM

We can look forward in the coming months to seeing how Jake readjusts to real winters. He grew up in Utah but for the last several years has lived in Miami and then San Antonio. Kansas City can get very cold and have lots of snow. That should be good for a few essays

by Anonymousreply 87November 1, 2018 10:33 PM

we have never had LOTs of snow

cold yes, but are short term spells and then return to sunny 40's and 50's

by Anonymousreply 88November 1, 2018 10:42 PM

He seems like a good guy, and his dedication to his body is incredible. I like seeing and reading the updates.

by Anonymousreply 89November 2, 2018 12:24 AM

R89 = Ted

by Anonymousreply 90November 2, 2018 12:35 AM

People are also making fake facebook pages using Jake's pics. Whoever this is is using older, less muscular photos So people are creating fake profiles of him on Only Fans, Grindr, Instagram and Facebook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 2, 2018 1:15 AM

[quote] Officially passed fellowship boards. I am finally done with licensing exams (for ten years) 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 2, 2018 1:17 AM

Her ropy arms are grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 93November 2, 2018 5:54 AM

Freakishly long torso.

by Anonymousreply 94November 2, 2018 6:01 AM

He’s one of the lost boys.

by Anonymousreply 95November 2, 2018 6:15 AM

Jake early voted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 2, 2018 6:13 PM

[quote] Quick lift before MIAMI long weekend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 3, 2018 3:01 AM

I’m sure he took time to arrange that bulge.

by Anonymousreply 98November 3, 2018 6:29 AM

Miami? Is there a circuit party there?

by Anonymousreply 99November 3, 2018 3:17 PM

at The Manor Complex in Ft. Lauderdale . It's a gay club

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 3, 2018 6:07 PM

adding Ted and another friend to the picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 3, 2018 6:08 PM

A Salut! Good for him!

by Anonymousreply 102November 3, 2018 6:28 PM

jakejacob01Back in Ft Lauderdale, where I met my husband, where I met my first gay professional friends, where I slowly started opening my eyes to what life could really be for me, instead of the constant dread I felt growing up.

This particular gym has incredible nostalgia for me. @teddington_01 was working nights when I met him. I’d drive up from Miami after grad school classes and slip into bed with him a he slept just to spend time with him. He’d wake up in the evening and we’d go to the gym together before he had to leave for work that night. It became our little routine, our chance to spend quality time together and feel a semblance of stability and consistency. Then he’d go to work and I’d drive back down to Miami for a school the next day.

I was lucky enough to meet all of Teds friends, actually the day after we met. Most people that would be overwhelming and a huge red flag, but for us it seemed natural and we just clicked. Ted’s friends really helped open my eyes to how loving and open the gay community can be. I saw endless support and charisma towards Ted. I saw a network of stability. I saw a family of strangers who had decided to love and support each other. I decided I wanted to be that for those around me too.

We drove past the house he lived in when we first started dating, going on 9 years ago. Who would have thought that our simple life together would have ended up so expansive. We’ve traveled, moved, cried, loved, fought, made up, and all with a focus on building a lifelong relationship. We have our ups and downs but looking back at who we were and where we’ve been I feel truly fortunate to have spent the last almost decade building the life we have now with the man I have come to adore and cherish. It’s fun to relive memories but I am more excited to live our future, whatever that may be.

#newadventures #love #gym #flex #nostalgia #memories #instagay #gymselfie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 3, 2018 10:41 PM

Most people in med school have to study day and night. But not our Jake. He's THAT amazing!!!

by Anonymousreply 104November 3, 2018 11:05 PM

His body proportions freak me out. He looks like an action figure.

by Anonymousreply 105November 4, 2018 1:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 5, 2018 2:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 5, 2018 2:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 5, 2018 2:58 AM

lol @ Ted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 5, 2018 2:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 5, 2018 2:59 AM

His 10-head is something to marvel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 5, 2018 3:21 AM

It's Jake's bday! He's 37 today. Swipe the pic to see a 17 year old twink version of Jake too!

jakejacob01So this is 37... today I’m not celebrating body improvement, fitness, physique, or image. What’s harder to express is the drastic and continual change that occurred underneath in the mind heart and soul. My own physical journey has been a significant but small part in a lifetime of transformation that has shaped me into who I am today, someone 17 year old Jake never imagined was possible, but hoped there was a possibility.

20 years ago today this 17 year old young man stood. It’s been lifetimes since the second picture but I remember it so well. I remember the angst about the future, the excitement for becoming an adult, the drive to create something for myself, I just wasn’t sure exactly what that was yet.

Fast forward through a Mormon mission, premedical courses, business school, and finally moving to Miami for grad school. Even further to coming out, being isolated, working through conversation therapy, finding my husband and best friend. More moves, more firsts, more adventures. In 20 years I feel like I’ve lived multiple lifetimes, growing never ceases to stop.

I’ve had the chance to reminisce on so much of my past this year. Returning to Utah, and then Miami where I came out and started thriving and loving myself for who I am. Now seeing myself in an entirely new state, new job, new life.

I’m no stranger to starting anew, to diving in head first to new adventures and taking risks that may result in failure, and I’ve certainly made my share of mistakes. But it’s those risks that have allowed me to transform that young man into who I am today.

I’ve learned that relationships are precious, and that nothing is forever. In an instant life could change, people can change, death, distance, decisions can change in an instant. I’ve learned to cherish those I love today, to take every chance I have to acknowledge the impact these family and friends have on my life.

So today as my birthday gift to me, I request you do something you wouldn’t normally do to brighten a complete strangers day. The best birthday gift I could receive is the world being a little kinder, more loving, more welcoming today.

#birthday #growth #love #driven #instagay #scruff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 5, 2018 6:25 PM

Roids

by Anonymousreply 113November 5, 2018 6:32 PM

I wonder what his patients and medical students think about his IG posts.

by Anonymousreply 114November 6, 2018 12:44 AM

Joke

by Anonymousreply 115November 6, 2018 1:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 6, 2018 2:08 AM

They read his posts in lieu of anesthesia

by Anonymousreply 117November 6, 2018 3:14 AM

"So today as my birthday gift to me, I request you do something you wouldn’t normally do to brighten a complete strangers day. The best birthday gift I could receive is the world being a little kinder, more loving, more welcoming today. "

I get that he's trying to come across as an enlightened soul, but this just reads as phony. He also assumes everyone wants to give him a gift and want to do something special for his birthday. This is overcompensation at its worst. The opposite side of the coin of the closeted politicians who rant about gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 118November 6, 2018 5:47 AM

R112 He looks like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119November 6, 2018 5:54 AM

He won’t make it to 47.

by Anonymousreply 120November 6, 2018 6:23 AM

I bet he'll be fit and posting on social media at 47. And I'm sure the DL vultures will continue to pick at him.

by Anonymousreply 121November 6, 2018 6:26 AM

I think 120 is right. Things will take a dark turn once the marriage goes south.

by Anonymousreply 122November 6, 2018 6:47 AM

another pic from Miami

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 6, 2018 9:58 AM

Jake posted on a feature page and he'll get to find out if the public prefers him hairy or clean shaven

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 6, 2018 9:59 AM

the page. lots of thirsty bitches in there! most seem to like hairy some like both

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 6, 2018 10:00 AM

Hairy or smooth? Surely the question of our times. No one can accuse Jake of being vacuous!

by Anonymousreply 126November 6, 2018 12:36 PM

Hairy = male. Smooth = what happened to his genetics?

by Anonymousreply 127November 6, 2018 12:47 PM

Still bday vacay in south Florida

wearing blue at the gym I assume for the elections!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 6, 2018 10:23 PM

His friend has tiny meat VPL in 128

by Anonymousreply 129November 6, 2018 11:31 PM

How do they afford to not be at work so often?

by Anonymousreply 130November 7, 2018 12:06 AM

Jake and the guys went to see Boy Erased

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 8, 2018 4:38 AM

afterwards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132November 8, 2018 4:39 AM

At least he has a diverse friend group. More than I can say for myself.

by Anonymousreply 133November 8, 2018 10:49 AM

This bloke tries so hard to come across as deep, while posting shirtless pictures to instagram. It's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 134November 8, 2018 11:01 AM

Of course they can't even go to a fucking movie without turning it into a social media event. I'm just amazing that Jake managed to wear a shirt and skipped the stethoscope.

by Anonymousreply 135November 8, 2018 12:31 PM

Are his friends usually diverse? If so at least he’s better than the Matthew Camp guy.

He should get into acting. I think he was born to play Goro from the Mortal Kombat series.

by Anonymousreply 136November 8, 2018 2:39 PM

jakejacob01Throwback to one of my first times traveling with Ted. The surreal-ness of exploring new adventures with someone I love more than anything.

Yesterday I had the chance to watch “Boy Erased.” The movie flooded my memory and brought me back where I use to be. Alone, afraid, isolated, confused, always feeling broken, always trying to fix my gay-ness. I went through years of conversion therapy following the council of my religious leaders and conversion therapists. I fasted and prayed to the point of starvation dropping down to 120lbs. I dedicated all my free time to studying the scriptures. I became the most faithful of Gods followers. The formula was if I tried hard enough and had enough faith that God would cure me. Still unchanged is it any wonder I fell deep into despair.

There came a breaking point. There was nothing else I could do to change. That breaking point has ended in some of my own friends taking their lives. On a personal level, alone and deep in despair, that breaking point almost claimed my life. Finally I found a therapist on my own. She challenged me to realize my own worth. It was the first time an authority figure told me I wasn’t broken. I remember struggling to wrap my mind around self worth. It was the first step to reclaiming my life, loving myself exactly as I am. Still deeply religious, I decided to do what the Book of Mormon teaches in Alma 32 and plant the seed of actually dating men, to see what fruit came from it. It was like stepping out into the darkness, the unknown, only to find the next step was lit in front of me.

.t was a long journey, often filled with heartache, that forever transformed me. Some days I wasn’t sure if I’d make it. What I can say to anyone struggling is you are perfect exactly as you are. The world around you may say you need to change. They are wrong. My life is a testament to planting the seed of authenticity and seeing it grown into more happiness than I could have ever imagined. Anything worthwhile takes work and sacrifice, and there is nothing more worthwhile than reclaiming yourself and choosing a life of love and happiness.

#boyerased #selfworth #love #authenticity #youareperfect #husbands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 8, 2018 10:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138November 9, 2018 3:06 AM

flashback to the time Ted "caught" Jake eating pasta naked in the kitchen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 9, 2018 5:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 10, 2018 7:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141November 11, 2018 7:44 PM

lmfao I can't! Jake and Ted are being used in an ad for Atlantis cruises to Hong Kong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142November 11, 2018 7:46 PM

jakejacob01Freezing in Kansas City today, warm and breezy in Miami one week ago.

The first time I spent a holiday season alone I had just moved to Miami, standing on this exact beach. My parents hadn’t talked to me since I left for med school. Our last conversation they had insisted I drop out and continue my conversion therapy to cure my gay-ness. I simply smiled and thanked them for their concern and walked out to my car. The moment was sad yet profound. Closing a chapter on a life of self doubt/loathing, closing a chapter of family ties I had struggled to remain open until that point. To be honest, I didn’t lose my family that day, I started living authentically and for the first time saw my relationships in true light. Empowered, for the first time I realized I wasn’t the one who needed to change.

To this day I still feel a small pit in my stomach as the holiday season gets closer. Watching people plan and celebrate their homecomings I feel like a stranger looking in. I’ve since reopened communication with my family, but to put it bluntly, I can’t fan a fire from cold coals. My relationship with them even prior to coming out was conditional and dependent on my righteousness/compliance. I do appreciate the casual cordiality of the occasional phone call.

Not every coming out story ends with the typical hallmark movie ending, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have my own unique happy future. I love the beauty and authenticity of my relationships, an authenticity I would never have understood without the trials of my past. Not every relationship lasts forever, and sometimes letting the ones we love filter themselves out is the only way to move towards a life full of unimaginable happiness.

Years later I am still a hopeless romantic for the holidays. Now I see the life I have created, my wonderful husband, a man I was never suppose to meet had I followed my family’s direction, the man who has been firmly by my side through the good, the bad, and the ugly. I see my amazing friends who choose to be part of my story. I see a future of new adventures, new experiences, unpredictable, exciting, waiting to be lived to the fullest.

#speedo #MIA #selfworth #instagay #love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143November 12, 2018 10:43 PM

I can’t tell if the body is gross or if it’s just the man who inhabits it.

by Anonymousreply 144November 12, 2018 11:09 PM

That yawn-inducing story was just an excuse to slap up a speedo pic. Why not at least include a pic of Ted, you know, the husband he claims to be so fond of.

by Anonymousreply 145November 13, 2018 1:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 13, 2018 1:54 AM

Jake's typical entry: " Me me me me me ME ME ME me me me me me ME ME Me! And speaking of me, what do you like about me best? My profundity or my ass in this Speedo?"

by Anonymousreply 147November 13, 2018 4:31 PM

Ugh. Is this what marriage does to people?!

I guess I’ll find out in a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 148November 13, 2018 4:43 PM

This will end in a murder-suicide.

by Anonymousreply 149November 14, 2018 1:34 PM

like omg you guys stop making fake accounts!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 14, 2018 4:22 PM

Why is Ted following the fake account then? Is he that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 151November 14, 2018 4:40 PM

I know a few people who, for months, have been posting about all the fake accounts people make of them. It seems like a weird humble brag, especially since alerting the people who follow you in your current account that there are fake profiles seems useless. It's the people who are searching for you who should get that heads up, not the people who already follow you in the correct account.

by Anonymousreply 152November 14, 2018 5:04 PM

Everything Jake DOES is some form of a humblebrag.

by Anonymousreply 153November 14, 2018 5:13 PM

KC is cooling down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 14, 2018 11:08 PM

Y'all!!! Jake never solicits for sex. Other people solicit HIM!

by Anonymousreply 155November 14, 2018 11:39 PM

jakejacob01Big thank you to @fitnerd_88 and @teddington_01 for such a fun and thoughtful birthday gift.

I will officially geek out and say my favorite color of the Lantern Corps Universe is the Blue Lanterns. First, it’s my favorite color, but that not the best part. More important is that their rings are powered by HOPE, which has been my entire life mantra; hope for a better future, hope for a life I thrive in. Some of my darkest days were survived by the unceasing hope I had that life would indeed get better, somehow, someday. I remember many times sitting in despair my room as a teenager and early adult, wondering how I could go on, but telling myself, “just keep waiting, just keep hoping, never give up.” I’m so grateful I did. That’s the power of hope.

Interestingly Blue Lanterns are the most powerful of the Lantern spectrum but one must be near a green lantern to tap into their full power because “the power of hope is nothing without the willpower to enact it.” In other words, they can’t do it alone. They need their green lantern nearby to achieve their greatest power and potential. I find that incredibly romantic, beautiful, and accurate. They can also charge a green lantern to twice its maximum power. Find me a better fitted duo, you’re welcome Ted. 😉

Other fun facts are Blue Lanterns can heal wounds and regenerate lost body parts, all incredibly fitting given my chosen profession, and Blue Lanterns can also weaken or block Lanterns on the opposite spectrum, basically dispelling fear and anger. I’m often a hope-springs-eternal person. I have my days of frustration and feeling less-then-perfect, but it’s my hope for tomorrow that helps me push through and break free towards a happier today.

#greenlantern #bluelantern #hope #love #husband

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 16, 2018 5:57 PM

He is so INSUFFERABLE.

Every gift, every compliment, every selfie, every little fudge pop he shits out, needs to be immortalized on social media for the maximum number of likes. He is pathetically needy.

And that ugly little boyfriend will get sick of being a prop one day. Dr. Jake already has his eye on the disabled hottie he works out with who will bring him even more likes and praise.

by Anonymousreply 157November 16, 2018 6:11 PM

Do we think this really happened?

[quote] Person intentionally snakes my parking spot this morning. Same person arrives as my new patient . Me: *Internally recites Hippocratic Oath*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 16, 2018 10:20 PM

More musings:

[quote]One of the best compliments a man can give is borrowing/keeping another mans gym clothes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 16, 2018 10:25 PM

[quote] I can never imagine telling another man to stay away from my husband. The level of manipulation, control, and insecurity astounds me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 16, 2018 10:26 PM

[quote] Guess we're going on another Atlantis Cruise in March. Yay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 16, 2018 10:29 PM

[quote]Friend: “your legs are looking great today”

[quote] Me (growing up with ‘chicken legs’ and spending years at the gym finally feeling amazingly validated and loving them forever wanting to kiss them): “thanks I’m happy with my progress”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 16, 2018 10:30 PM

Honestly, all I want for *most* people is for them to be happy. I genuinely niely want these two to be happy, they seem deeply damaged. Their naked and relentless abyssal need for attention means they will never be content. One or both of them needs a therapist, not Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 163November 17, 2018 1:45 AM

Let's see...#1 never happened...#2 is creepy. Who wants soiled gym clothes? Does he steal them after they fuck? Seems weird. #3 is a warning to Ted. #4 Tedious. #5 never happened.

by Anonymousreply 164November 17, 2018 6:59 PM

#1 absolutely never happened. It sounds like the first scene in a 1990s Julia Roberts film.

by Anonymousreply 165November 17, 2018 7:48 PM

bday celebration here's the cake...if you check his insta stories you can see clips of around 20 gays at his and Ted's place to celebrate. Keep in mind Jake and Ted have been in KC for only a few months but they already have a whole crew of other gays to hang with

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166November 17, 2018 10:03 PM

Is there any possible way to hook up DR. Ted with NoodlesBeef and Co?

Two birds. One stone.

by Anonymousreply 167November 17, 2018 10:15 PM

no doubt they are all really deep, close, personal friends

by Anonymousreply 168November 17, 2018 11:08 PM

some of the guys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 18, 2018 3:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 19, 2018 5:36 AM

Jake just posted this on Facebook:

[QUOTE]Friendly reminder, if you’re shopping on Thanksgiving, you are the reason those employees aren’t at home with their families.

Seems oddly aggressive. It’s also not going over well in the comments section.

by Anonymousreply 171November 19, 2018 4:58 PM

He deleted the status after people started pushing back.

by Anonymousreply 172November 19, 2018 5:21 PM

hahahahaha and those are facebook worshipers

by Anonymousreply 173November 19, 2018 5:38 PM

He reveals himself to be a not too smart person (and rather judgey) with posts like that.

Someone responded that some people don’t have families or are not welcome home and enjoy having a distraction at work on Thanksgiving. Jake himself was ostracized from his own family because of his sexuality so you’d think he would have considered something like that before posting that.

by Anonymousreply 174November 19, 2018 5:47 PM

So a materialistic and superficial homo tried to lash out at others over Black Friday?

Lol, I read the comments and they weren’t even harsh and he still deleted it.

by Anonymousreply 175November 19, 2018 6:36 PM

Jake the Snowflake

by Anonymousreply 176November 19, 2018 6:41 PM

A View From Behind!

jakejacob01Bulking season well underway just in time for T-day. I squatted down to grab my socks, heard a rip and suddenly lost my favorite jeans. My jeans always rip at the base of the butt cheek. Jealous I can’t get that straight-down-the-middle tear that’s always in the movies.

The best part is suddenly having my husband jump in to become producer and photographer to document the consequences of leg gains. Love that man 😂❤️

I started bulking and hitting legs hard again after Halloween and put on 10lbs. Timing couldn’t have been more perfect. I think everyone has a certain level of “body dysmorphia.” Even looking in the mirror is completely different than seeing myself at a different angle in a picture or video. The man in this picture is not who I envision when I think of how I look. Understandably I don’t see my own backside often.

I’ve long been self-victimized by my perceived “skinny boy syndrome.” It use to devastate me. When I was younger I found it impossible to put on weight. I shoved food in my mouth to the point of nausea. Didn’t take long to develop an aversion to the texture of food, especially bread, for years, which also didn’t help. Finally I looked in the mirror at my body type and asked myself what realistic changes I could make. I was also realistic about what I simply won’t ever do. I won’t be 220lbs, an Olympic weightlifter, bench press 400lbs, etc. I call it “high school football syndrome,” when everyone is working to get bigger and stronger, there comes a point when you have to say, I am enough. So I asked myself what am I eating and lifting for? What’s my actual goal? I broke down new manageable goals and started being happy because instead of continually feeling like a failure, I made realistic progress, and I loved myself for improving.

So I’m 37 years old with a size 28 waist. I’m not entering a powerlifting competition any time soon, I’d break in half. I recognize my legs aren’t huge, but they are at least improved compared to 4-years-ago Jake, enough to do some damage to my old jeans. I can celebrate the small personal victories. I can love myself for who I am today.

#booty🍑 #bulking #selfcare #gains #ineedtogoshopping

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177November 19, 2018 7:11 PM

My god. If I rolled my eyes any further, they would disappear. He is so fucking tedious.

by Anonymousreply 178November 19, 2018 7:26 PM

Anyone know what kind of doctor he is? Internist? Gynecologist? Neurosurgeon? Podiatrist?

by Anonymousreply 179November 19, 2018 8:50 PM

He’s so awful

by Anonymousreply 180November 19, 2018 9:19 PM

He made up a story the other day that a new patient stole his parking space at the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 181November 19, 2018 9:37 PM

aww poor Ted. Awful to have such an anniversary especially before the holidays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182November 19, 2018 9:46 PM

He will use absolutely anything ANYTHING to generate likes/comments/attention of any kind. Even someone else’s tragedy. He’s pathologically needy.

I’m starting to see why his family dropped him. It wasn’t because he was gay; it was because he’s a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 183November 19, 2018 9:51 PM

“I think everyone has a certain level of “body dysmorphia.” ”

Most people eventually get over it, though.

by Anonymousreply 184November 19, 2018 10:14 PM

First of all, learn to spell nutrition. And what a cross to bear!! People asking for advice!! Wahhhh! Just another humble brag about how people come to him because he's just so BUILT. And sorry, not buying that he gained 10 lbs. in his legs alone in less than a month - impossible UNLESS he is juicing. What I do buy is that he has Ted on standby at all times to take photos that he can concoct a ridiculous tale about to generate more likes and compliments.

by Anonymousreply 185November 19, 2018 11:28 PM

Everything is a humble brag, an opportunity to post overly verbose captions that really say nothing. Tedious!

by Anonymousreply 186November 19, 2018 11:40 PM

I can’t believe he graduated medical school. What does he do, rehab? He probably wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon, but was not smart enough/dedicated enough to match into a surgical specialty.

by Anonymousreply 187November 20, 2018 12:20 AM

Does anyone else think his family might be secretly gay-friendly, but just totally unwilling to tolerate his constant self-obsessed witterings about every single mundane life occurrence??

by Anonymousreply 188November 20, 2018 12:26 AM

DL bulge assessment!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 20, 2018 2:01 AM

[quote]Anyone know what kind of doctor he is?

The kind that takes either steroids or growth hormones (or both), and who advocates that insanely unhealthy keto diet. So he's a doctor you probably wouldn't want to go to for any kind of medical treatment, given how bad his judgment is.

by Anonymousreply 190November 20, 2018 5:09 AM

I think medical school is more capacity/memorization smarts than analytical smarts.

by Anonymousreply 191November 20, 2018 5:34 AM

God, is this tiresome kween still going on about whether he should let his body hair grow out or not? Really? THIS is what occupies his mind? And he wants to lecture people about shopping on Thanksgiving? God, grow the fuck up, decided for yourself, and shut up about it.

by Anonymousreply 192November 20, 2018 12:21 PM

Does he really think we need to hear about every little cunt fart he queefs out on a daily basis?

by Anonymousreply 193November 20, 2018 12:44 PM

Can we all start trolling him on Instagram?

by Anonymousreply 194November 20, 2018 5:05 PM

Someone should send a link to this thread to his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 195November 20, 2018 5:07 PM

HE already knows about this thread. You think an insecure narcissist like him isn’t aware?!

He’s the type that would find his picture on a sex offenders site and think : ugh everyone is so obsessed with me cause I’m so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 196November 20, 2018 5:36 PM

[Quote]So I’m 37 years old with a size 28 waist..... I recognize my legs aren’t huge, but they are at least improved compared to 4-years-ago Jake, enough to do some damage to my old jeans. I can celebrate the small personal victories. I can love myself for who I am today.

What an insufferable cunt!

by Anonymousreply 197November 20, 2018 5:38 PM

Jake’s Facebook:

“Really excited to see all the posts about Christ and Christmas by the same people who defended caging children and refusing refugees. ‘Tis the season.”

Okay, so he wanted to get back some goodwill after his disastrous Thanksgiving Post from yesterday. But, honestly, who is posting about Christ and Christmas right now? I haven’t seen a single post about either. I really do think he lies a lot.

by Anonymousreply 198November 20, 2018 7:24 PM

I do give Jake credit for not being 1 of those gay repubs especially since he grew up Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 199November 20, 2018 7:37 PM

the people have spoken! They want Jake to continue bulking! Let's see how big he can get

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200November 21, 2018 5:53 PM

He actually looks better bulked up a bit. His body was really strange before.

by Anonymousreply 201November 21, 2018 6:13 PM

wow Jake posting something not positive! He's like the rest of us who enjoy watching Black Friday shopping fights...shocker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202November 21, 2018 7:27 PM

R202, he's posted lots of similar snark on his stories. His profile posts are reserved for his homilies.

by Anonymousreply 203November 21, 2018 9:21 PM

The bit about Christmas and caged children was likely copied from someone's Twitter account. It's just hard to believe Jake's words about loving himself given the endless selfies and shirtless shots that bed for validation. The most insecure people I know are the ones who constantly post on social media and want to get as many likes as possible.

by Anonymousreply 204November 21, 2018 9:25 PM

Oh, Jake is quite infatuated with himself. It's just very very important to him that everyone else love him too, and tell him over and over. Even if it's shallow things, like "Ohhhh your legs look so good today!"

by Anonymousreply 205November 22, 2018 1:00 AM

It’s Thanksgiving. Brace yourselves for a vomiting forth of self-serving “gratitude” the likes of which the world has never seen.

by Anonymousreply 206November 22, 2018 7:19 PM

R206 it's your lucky day lol look

jakejacob01So this is how I’m spending my holiday. How about you?

Twerking lessons with @teddington_01 ... obviously it’s a work in progress. Nothing compared to @b.froe but good to have a great teacher to look up to.

This is what the holidays are to me: spending time with loved ones, being rowdy, eating too much, having my husband insist I make a fool of myself and laughing hysterically at it. It may be silly but to me this is life, this is love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207November 22, 2018 7:23 PM

Good God, can someone please make him stop???

by Anonymousreply 208November 22, 2018 7:31 PM

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 209November 22, 2018 8:29 PM

That's a Dr?

Good Lord.

by Anonymousreply 210November 23, 2018 12:32 AM

That was...not even interesting. And I highly doubt Ted insists on anything. More like Jake insists Ted follow him around with a camera to capture what Jake imagines to be every single fascinating moment of his life.

by Anonymousreply 211November 23, 2018 5:25 PM

I can’t believe he posted that video. How embarrassing. He has zero humility or self-awareness.

I’m convinced that his family is actually normal and sane and not even homophobic. They’re JAKE-phobic.

by Anonymousreply 212November 23, 2018 6:11 PM

How many grown men who aren't 5'2" have a 28" waist? That's actually kind of alarming that he's trying to contort his body into some kind of unobtainable ideal he has in his head.

by Anonymousreply 213November 23, 2018 6:31 PM

Wow— so juvenile

by Anonymousreply 214November 23, 2018 6:38 PM

Jake's constant efforts at self-aggrandizement will never fill the aching need for approval that lies within him. I only hope that someday he gets the therapy he needs.

by Anonymousreply 215November 23, 2018 6:42 PM

Apologies on behalf of Kansas City, although it doesn't appear that he spends much time here.

by Anonymousreply 216November 23, 2018 7:13 PM

Jake just said "thanks" this time for this feature. Do we think he's annoyed that he's "only" the "14th most popular stud this week" on @beardedhairyscruffhunks ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217November 23, 2018 10:21 PM

He is so NEEDY.

by Anonymousreply 218November 23, 2018 10:51 PM

Jake weighed himself today on his stories! He's 180.6 lbs!

by Anonymousreply 219November 24, 2018 2:39 AM

Jake is probably coping with only be 14th most popular by beating Ted and concocting some tale about no matter how man compliments he gets, as long as he is happy with himself, that's all that matters

by Anonymousreply 220November 24, 2018 4:16 PM

Jake's body may be a little overinflated, but I love his chest hair and he has sweet blue eyes. But his instagram whoreishness and desperate need for approval make him so unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 221November 24, 2018 4:45 PM

jakejacob01Throwback in honor of Novembeard when my last beard was at it fullest and most glorious. I can honestly say people, and patients, treat me differently based on if I have my beard. The downside is the horrible acne I get underneath that is impossible to manage and get rid of. That’s the price of beauty haha 🐺 .

#scruff #somasc #bearded #youbeyou #chesthairdontcare #wolf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 24, 2018 10:37 PM

I've never met anybody who got acne from having a beard. More people get ingrown hairs from shaving it. I wonder if he's using some product on it that's causing the reaction.

by Anonymousreply 223November 25, 2018 4:23 AM

90% of what Jake says is complete fiction or an exaggeration, so I'm doubting the acne claim as well

by Anonymousreply 224November 25, 2018 8:12 PM

The acne is from steroids who is this dummy trying to fool.

by Anonymousreply 225November 25, 2018 9:53 PM

He even lies about easily disprovable things, R225. I’m thinking of the “Ted bounces on the aerobed story from a countertop to get a sleeping Jake to bounce off onto the floor” Story which just sounded physically impossible.

by Anonymousreply 226November 25, 2018 10:55 PM

I can’t help noticing that in that pic at r222, there are actually THREE of him.

by Anonymousreply 227November 27, 2018 7:25 AM

oh vanity !! thou heartless bitch......

these meat bags have enough vanity between them for a whole other universe.

we get it guys

you think are magnificent and shining stars of the universe....... did you take that class back in the 80's: S & M...

you know stand and model??

by Anonymousreply 228November 27, 2018 7:48 AM

It's all about gathering followers and making contacts so that when they travel, they have other people to pose in Speedos and have sex with.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 229November 27, 2018 1:56 PM

From Jake's stories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 27, 2018 5:49 PM

jakejacob01A quick Post-Thanksgiving lift while everyone was away. Gotta use that empty gym and those extra calories for the greater good.

Life is a continual journey, continual learning, continual growth, and then sometimes the growth is learning how to stop and be still. I learned how to do these bar muscle ups maybe 4 years ago well into my 30’s. Learning was filled with months of frustration and constant self assessment. Those assessments were laced with, you’re not strong enough, fast enough, talented enough. Turns out I simply didn’t have the form down. All of my inward criticism not only didn’t help me learn how to correctly do them, it hindered me because I spent so much energy focusing on the wrong aspects.

Recently I’ve been asking myself how much of my life is spent with pointless self critiques? How often do I allow another persons perceived negative comment derail and control my day. And especially poignant, how is it that some people go through life seemingly effortlessly?

Much like the muscle up, I finally got it when I stopped trying to control everything and simply allowed my body to learn and adjust. I got it when I put trust in my strength and abilities. I got it when I stopped caring how I looked if I failed. And the second I finally got it, it became effortless. Controlling a situation doesn’t mean it’s under control, or that I’m winning. Often it’s in letting go of my perceived control that I reach my best potential.

#muscleup #bodyweight #functionaltraining #booty🍑

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 27, 2018 10:00 PM

those shorts are quite tight around the crotch and butt areas. I like to workout in looser clothing

by Anonymousreply 232November 27, 2018 10:03 PM

It's against the gay code to wear baggy workout clothing.

by Anonymousreply 233November 27, 2018 10:05 PM

"I got it when I stopped caring about how I looked..." Oh Jake...

by Anonymousreply 234November 28, 2018 12:18 AM

lmfao look what someone did with another fake profile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 28, 2018 2:23 AM

He really believes that he is some sort of celebrity/ "influencer." It's so tragically pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 236November 28, 2018 2:23 PM

LOL 4'3"

by Anonymousreply 237November 28, 2018 3:49 PM

R235 First time he has ever been sort of likable

by Anonymousreply 238November 28, 2018 3:58 PM

vomit. Do these people travel with their own portrait photographer?

Nothing counts if a camera doesn't capture it, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 239November 28, 2018 4:02 PM

R238 / R239

by Anonymousreply 240November 28, 2018 5:12 PM

You rang?

by Anonymousreply 241November 28, 2018 6:43 PM

Hi, Jake!

by Anonymousreply 242November 28, 2018 6:52 PM

Saint Jacob hath spoken (on Facebook):

When I was a young, and even before I was born my parents took refugees into our home. Even with 9 children and limited space my parents still had the compassion to accept complete strangers out of the goodness of their hearts. Some of my first memories are growing up around these individuals from different backgrounds, seeing them integrate and thrive in their new country. I was young, I don’t remember the details, but those were the values that were instilled in me by example. Today when I think of Christmas, love, and charity I think if my own parents leading by example, going out of their way to offer what little they could, a room or food, to a family in need. I try to follow that example: Love thy neighbor as thyself.

by Anonymousreply 243November 28, 2018 7:19 PM

Once again, Jake is full of shit. NON LDS people do not integrate into a community unless they convert. Converting refugees is the only reason the Mormon church has any kind of outreach at all.

by Anonymousreply 244November 28, 2018 9:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 29, 2018 11:01 PM

Does he post one selfie per day?

by Anonymousreply 246November 30, 2018 4:49 PM

lmfao the following post is unintentionally hilarious

For some reason instagram isn't letting me copy the text today but read it lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 30, 2018 11:12 PM

Love the superficial hashtags he adds to the end of each of his self-indulgent essays. Someone buy this ho a diary for Christmas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248December 1, 2018 12:27 AM

With all of the growing Jake claims to have done, you'd think he'd grow out of being a narcissistic nitwit, but apparently not. And he really really needs an editor. That drivel could be condensed to about 3 sentences since all he really wants is for people to drool over his body.

by Anonymousreply 249December 1, 2018 12:58 AM

I love the passive aggressive line about the people who didn't want to be friends with him until he was moving away lol

by Anonymousreply 250December 1, 2018 3:43 AM

Does Jake really have friends? Aren't they either fans or fuckbuds?

by Anonymousreply 251December 1, 2018 11:54 PM

R251 lol how interesting you bring up friends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252December 2, 2018 1:33 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253December 2, 2018 5:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254December 3, 2018 2:52 AM

Just when you think Jake can't get any more insufferable...

by Anonymousreply 255December 3, 2018 4:09 AM

No matter how hot his body is, this man’s instagram is a cautionary tale of the dangers of going through life without anyone who loves you enough to tell you to shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 256December 3, 2018 7:39 AM

Yes, it's an incredible honor to be featured on "scruffy legs" IG feed.

by Anonymousreply 257December 3, 2018 1:40 PM

r255, Jake has bottomless wells of insufferability just waiting to be tapped.

by Anonymousreply 258December 3, 2018 1:42 PM

His posts run the gamut of emotions from A to B.

by Anonymousreply 259December 3, 2018 2:13 PM

I typically don't feel sympathy for narcissistic Instagram whores who only grudgingly ever wear a shirt, but Jake seems to be a pathetic ocean of neediness whose medical career, husband, looks and body will never, ever be enough to make him happy. We're witnessing his continuing self-destruction every time he posts.

by Anonymousreply 260December 3, 2018 3:04 PM

Ted did a sleep study

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 3, 2018 6:42 PM

Jake will NOT like the CPAP machine staring him in the face each night.

by Anonymousreply 262December 3, 2018 6:45 PM

^^^^^make that 'CPAP mask"

by Anonymousreply 263December 3, 2018 6:48 PM

Can divorce be far off?

by Anonymousreply 264December 3, 2018 7:02 PM

..or should the have a joint SHTUP study?

by Anonymousreply 265December 3, 2018 7:04 PM

Jake will use the sleep study as an opportunity to post another passive-aggressive essay about how although HE finds all of that equipment disruptive to HIS valued sleep, HE used it as an opportunity to learn, grow, and become even more amazing than he already is, and allowed Ted to sleep in their bed rather than on the couch. Cue fawning responses from his fans.

by Anonymousreply 266December 4, 2018 12:35 PM

R266, that sounds exactly like something he would post. You’re good!

by Anonymousreply 267December 4, 2018 3:33 PM

You just know that CPAP'd Ted has been exiled to the infamous air mattress in the living room so Jake can masturbate to images of himself in the bedroom in peace.

by Anonymousreply 268December 5, 2018 2:54 PM

OK instagram apparently no longer allows us to copy texts but Jake kinda calls out DL in this post here lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 5, 2018 6:04 PM

"So let me post some of my deep thought for you while I pose in a jockstrap on this partially-inflated air mattress."

by Anonymousreply 270December 5, 2018 6:11 PM

Here's the part about DL

[quote]I've had entire communities and groups propagate lies. I've had online forums of strangers dedicated to tearing me down

but he also writes about his family and other people he's met who had negative things to say about him.

by Anonymousreply 271December 5, 2018 6:13 PM

Our love will last forever...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272December 5, 2018 6:20 PM

Hi, Jake!

For clarification purposes, do you prefer threesomes, foursomes, orgies or gangbangs? Since you advertise your wares so well, it'll save time if your future "friends" at circuit parties could know what to expect.

by Anonymousreply 273December 5, 2018 6:21 PM

Also, Jake, what’s the discount code for your OnlyFans page?

by Anonymousreply 274December 5, 2018 8:21 PM

How will the twerking lesson of 11/22/2018 be commemorated by his fans? Billboards? Statues? Asteroids named in his honor?

by Anonymousreply 275December 5, 2018 8:52 PM

Jake, while posing coquettishly in a bikini, you might want to remember to wear your stethoscope, lest viewers confuse you for a common, insta-ho, rather than the educated medical professional that you are.

by Anonymousreply 276December 5, 2018 11:46 PM

I love that the DataLounge community and his family are listed in the same category of haters in that post. Yes, we both can't stand you equally!

by Anonymousreply 277December 6, 2018 1:43 PM

Jake, what will you do when you’re 60 and bald and saggy and no one wants you anymore? Even “daddies” have an expiration date, and “granddaddy” lust isn’t a thing yet.

by Anonymousreply 278December 6, 2018 7:05 PM

I fucking can't lol the official instagram for grindr reposted what Jake wrote the other day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 6, 2018 7:34 PM

Jake of course noticed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280December 6, 2018 7:35 PM

How does he do any work as a doctor? He's literally on social media all day long. And, I'm sure, the scant minutes he isn't are all devoted to brainstorming his next inspiration Instagram post that doubles as a thirst/compliment trap.

Maybe there aren't a lot of sick people in Kansas City.

by Anonymousreply 281December 6, 2018 7:40 PM

Maybe he's one of those doctors that overdoses his patients so they can move on to Heaven, so he never has any followup visits.

by Anonymousreply 282December 6, 2018 9:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 7, 2018 4:15 PM

Now Jake is chiding the same gays who are complaining about Kevin Hart who also eat Chik-Fil-A. You guys realize that he reads these kind of things online or on someone else’s post and then posts them directly as his own original thoughts.

In fact, I have absolutely seen that “Is he gay? Checks and sees 150 friends in common. ‘Yes’” post somewhere else.

Basically, when he can’t realistically get away with another face or bod pic, he trolls the internet for the most like- and meme-worthy posts. He is addicted to the response.

by Anonymousreply 284December 7, 2018 4:21 PM

Exactly, r284. The people who created Facebook, Instagram, Scruff etc. know that those little “likes” and “woofs” and comments reward the pleasure centers in our brains, just like nicotine or heroin does. Jake (and so many others) are thoroughly addicted to them.

Jake, since you’re reading this, have you ever considered a “digital detox”? Just give up FB, IG, WhatsApp etc for ten days. (Don’t worry, you can boast about it all you want beforehand and afterwards - think how many kudos you’ll get!)

by Anonymousreply 285December 7, 2018 4:54 PM

Do you honestly think that Jake could go a single day without collecting "likes" for something he's said or a pic he's posted? I'd be amazed if he made it through one appointment with a patient without constantly grabbing his phone to check how many messages he has on Scruff.

by Anonymousreply 286December 8, 2018 1:54 PM

Jake posted a collage of...himself oh well there's 1 of Ted in there

[quote] Apparently stethoscopes are in...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287December 8, 2018 6:02 PM

Instagram provides its users a year-end summary of their most liked posts, so that's what Jake is showing there. Amazed he had clothes on in one pic.

by Anonymousreply 288December 8, 2018 6:09 PM

Who the fuck is taking all his pictures??

by Anonymousreply 289December 8, 2018 6:28 PM

Ted, mostly. A stray trick or two, probably.

by Anonymousreply 290December 8, 2018 6:44 PM

He looks like a circus freak..

by Anonymousreply 291December 9, 2018 4:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 9, 2018 6:21 PM

That may be the biggest eye-rolling inducing post of his ever. Which is saying a lot. Let's set aside the ridiculous photo in the short-shorts. ALL he ever talks about is his childhood, how much he has grown, and how much he loves himself. And are we really to believe that he pauses as he is falling asleep to call someone to say he loves them? He stops in the middle of his time with a patient to do the same? Insufferable!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 293December 9, 2018 6:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294December 10, 2018 2:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 10, 2018 2:31 AM

Jake looks essentially bald in r294. How long before he's going to frame his hair loss as part of his journey into love and acceptance, accompanied by a near-naked pic?

by Anonymousreply 296December 10, 2018 2:59 PM

Does Jake own a shirt?

by Anonymousreply 297December 10, 2018 4:32 PM

Yes, r297, but he has yet to figure out to extract maximum “likes” and “woofs” from descriptions of his shopping exploits.

by Anonymousreply 298December 10, 2018 10:50 PM

Oh, I am sure Jake could get plenty of "likes" if he waxed prosaic about his growth and breaking paradigms as he shopped for his teeny tiny workout shorts as shown in R295

by Anonymousreply 299December 11, 2018 3:44 AM

his caption for this lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 11, 2018 3:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301December 12, 2018 5:01 AM

From Facebook:

"Makes new friend, joking it say: you'd better make it official on IG Them with a dtraight face: I don't want to ruin my ratio

WTF is a ratio?"

Typos included. What is he even talking about?

by Anonymousreply 302December 12, 2018 6:34 PM

I think he means followers to following ratio?

by Anonymousreply 303December 12, 2018 6:45 PM

That does seem like something he would be concerned about.

by Anonymousreply 304December 12, 2018 6:59 PM

Social media: making grown-ass men behave like teenaged girls since 2007.

by Anonymousreply 305December 12, 2018 9:13 PM

jakejacob01That time I passed out on my friends couch. In love with that pillow, the other side says nice so you have to choose 😇😈

There’s an indescribable energy that surrounds the holidays, mixed spectrum of emotions of gratitude, love, anxiety, anticipation, insecurity, vulnerability. The expectation to do something, or see someone, or buy something can emotionally elevate anyone’s baseline. It’s hard to not look at other people’s circumstances, feel emotionally exhausted, even envious. We all want that picture perfect, Norman Rockwell life.

Envy has never benefitted me in the past. Through life-lessons I have found envy and jealousy are fronts for insecurity, which in itself demotivational. It becomes a distraction, a stumbling block, even a divider. It immediately begs the question “am I good enough?”

It’s far better to ask the question, what do I want for myself and how can I be my most authentic self around others. How can I can healthily improve, expand, advance, excel with who I am now. When I catch myself saying “I want what they have” I have to take a step back and really ask the real questions: why am I not content with what I currently have? Is it a valid concern? If so is it changeable? Suddenly I’m no longer distracted by envy, I’m searching myself for answers, realizing my own life’s worth, feeling gratitude, possibly setting new goals, seeing new ways to succeed. Suddenly instead of sitting in the misery of self-comparison, I see the value in what’s unique to me, and the excitement of chasing after a new goal.

The holidays are fraught with expectations, emotions, ups and downs. For many it’s a difficult time, a reminder of things lost, or never gained. Having known the spectrum of growing up in a picture-perfect household, to holidays on my own, to my untraditional little family, I can say it’s not what a family looks like that counts, it’s how happy you are with what you have. It’s finding true joy in the season by loving yourself and your own circumstances just as they are. It’s knowing the excitement of a new year in the horizon that is filled with endless potential and any possibility imaginable.

#selfcare #humpday #naughty #naps

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306December 12, 2018 10:05 PM

tl;dr: “Be happy with what you have! Now here’s a pic of something you can’t have unless you’re whites and under 40, with a 29” waist and a 44” chest and a six-pack.”

by Anonymousreply 307December 12, 2018 10:46 PM

Should we even bother asking why he would be supposedly passing out at a friend's house while only wearing a tiny pair of red shorts? And during the holidays no less? And what the hell does that photo have to do with his essay that basically says the same thing that all of his essays say

by Anonymousreply 308December 12, 2018 11:29 PM

Instagram should really have a character limit, for situations exactly like this.

Show us your hole! Nobody cares about your horrible childhood!

by Anonymousreply 309December 13, 2018 1:59 AM

The post at R306 is a complete and total lie. No one "passes out" at some one else's house wearing next to nothing. And that position is not natural. It's staged for optimal ass plumpage. He is a habitual liar!

by Anonymousreply 310December 13, 2018 8:13 PM

the tree is up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311December 13, 2018 10:22 PM

Has he started lying about his age yet? If not, it’s only a matter of time, Shirley.

by Anonymousreply 312December 13, 2018 11:40 PM

That is one sad tree. It looks like it was stolen from some low-rent office building lobby.

by Anonymousreply 313December 14, 2018 3:20 AM

well we get to hear his grunt sound...probably how he sounds during sex

jakejacob01I’ve been practicing this exercise for the past 5 years. I have good days with it and then bad days. Some days it clicks without thinking. Other days I overanalyze and overcompensate to my own detriment. Today is not a great day, obviously I’m not balancing well, but it’s where I’m at today.

When I first started I had almost no experience. To be safe I practiced balancing with my feet next to the wall for a year without significant improvement. Finally I realized if I wanted to improve and learn, I had to stop doing the same same thing over and over. I had to stop fearing failure. I had to let myself take a chance and fall.

Feeling brave one day I pulled the weights to the middle of the floor, no walls, no safe space, just me and my own balance. I spent a good 30 minutes falling backward hard on my back. It was embarrassing, people watching me fail, my own pride for excellence hurt the worst, but I kept going. In the process I learned something I never intended: how to fall safely and not get hurt. I learned that practicing with the wall made me good at balancing with the wall, but I had to completely relearn how to do it independently. The wall was a good step to make sure I had the strength, but it was my biggest limiting factor. With both experiences I eventually learned to pull the weights far from the wall, that way it lets me fall to absolute failure but I still don’t have to end up on my back.

So today isn’t my best performance or best balance or best number of reps. I could be discouraged that I’ve reverted back in my ability, or I can just recognize that today is a day of learning and experience, not of perfect form. Tomorrow will be better but not if I don’t push through the days when everything doesn’t go perfectly as planned.

The phrase “perfect practice makes perfect” comes to mind. I believe that to an extent, but I don’t subscribe to the idea of perfection. I subscribe to finding happiness in the journey, to living my life and sometimes falling flat on my back. Every failure and success I’ve had has made into who I am, and exactly who I want to be today.

#handstand #presses #trialanderror #takerisks #physique #functionaltraining

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314December 16, 2018 6:28 PM

It's important one remove his shirt and pull down his shorts before working out. Otherwise, how will you know if the muscles are something something?!

by Anonymousreply 315December 16, 2018 6:33 PM

God, could he be any more tedious???

by Anonymousreply 316December 16, 2018 6:37 PM

I'm kind of impressed he manages to come up with 500 paragraphs of blather for any image. I think that way he can pretend that it's not for thirst attention. He seems very self-deluded.

by Anonymousreply 317December 16, 2018 6:38 PM

wow Ted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318December 16, 2018 6:48 PM

their place still looks like they just moved in

by Anonymousreply 319December 17, 2018 12:39 PM

He looks like a caricature. Just awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320December 17, 2018 12:45 PM

Still think her arms look grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 321December 17, 2018 4:31 PM

Wait, he is RE-POSTING that Popeye picture now? God, go the fuck away, Jake! He literally cannot get through the day without some form of attention from his "followers." It's fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 322December 17, 2018 5:16 PM

Instagram is dangerous. People are addicted to it all. No difference that being on crack.

by Anonymousreply 323December 17, 2018 5:19 PM

But seriously, Jake - what’s your plan for when you are no longer hot?

by Anonymousreply 324December 17, 2018 6:53 PM

I can see Jake upgrading to a hot twunk in about ten years when he gets bored of Ted, he's losing his hotness (and hair), and his social media needs a nice jolt. He'll fully embrace a muscle daddy/zaddy profile and then use the new guy's youth to further his own relevance.

by Anonymousreply 325December 17, 2018 7:05 PM

I wish Jake would find a competent therapist to help him with the hurts from his childhood, which is why he has this pathological need for approval and acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 326December 17, 2018 9:13 PM

I’m the love of Jake’s life. Not that basic bitch “Teddington.”

by Anonymousreply 327December 17, 2018 10:39 PM

Jake talks about the last 8 years as being terrible. We can presume then, that he came out to his parents while he was well into med school. So it really wasn't his childhood that was so terrible - his young adulthood. He had it way luckier than a lot of Mormon kids who come out. Many of them are kicked out of their homes and shunned by all their friends and family. Thats why Utah has the highest teen suicide rate in the country. Jake needs to grow up, stop the whining, and seek therapy.

by Anonymousreply 328December 17, 2018 11:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329December 19, 2018 7:37 PM

The sad thing is, there are a lot of people who follow him on IG who seem to take him seriously and find his scribbling to be profound. I guess there are a lot of emotionally stunted people out there.

by Anonymousreply 330December 19, 2018 10:36 PM

Does Jake not know how huge his head looks and that wearing his hair that way just exacerbates the situation?

by Anonymousreply 331December 19, 2018 10:46 PM

R331 I know, like he needs bangs or something. A combing forward, perhaps

by Anonymousreply 332December 19, 2018 10:50 PM

He should just buzz his hair and grow a beard.

by Anonymousreply 333December 19, 2018 10:56 PM

^Jake giving all of the LA whores notice he'll be DTF.

by Anonymousreply 334December 19, 2018 11:02 PM

well they were last in LA for Halloween so it's been long time!

by Anonymousreply 335December 19, 2018 11:04 PM

I do hope that Jake finds time to post while he's in LA. I can't wait to read his deep thoughts as he reflects on his growth and breaking paradigms during 2018, and of course his journey from hairy to smooth and back again.

by Anonymousreply 336December 20, 2018 12:04 PM

jakejacob01#throwback to a year ago. At 36 years old I decided to do my first actual bulking phase. I’d sort of done it in the past maybe gaining 5lbs before quickly leaning back to my comfortable familiar physique. Not this time.

Over the course of the year I gained 25 pounds, I had an entirely new unfamiliar body. It was fun and a bit unnerving to look in the mirror. It came with other changes. I didn’t have nearly the stamina because I cut out a lot of my endurance work to help keep the weight on. My functional training changed dramatically, I had to get comfortable doing less reps and fatiguing faster. Wearing scrubs every day didn’t help my self awareness. A few months in I found that none of my suits or pants fit. It was an entirely new experience for me.

Since i was a teenager I’ve always had what I like to coin as “skinny-boy-syndrome.” I couldn’t put on weight. Having had this bulking experience and now standing on the other side of the fence I now wonder why being heavier was so important to me. Was it simply because it was unobtainable? I looked great when I was younger, but I refused to see my own strengths/worth. I was obsessed with being bigger without an actual explanation as to why it was so important. I think of the mental anguish I wasted on self criticism. I think of shoving food in my mouth to the point of developing an aversion to eating. My obsession was far from healthy. Thankfully in my late twenties I finally started loving me for me. I found joy in the things I could do instead of anxiety in perseverating on the things I couldn’t.

So why did I bulk this year? Because I wanted a new adventure. I wanted to expand my understanding and my limits, maybe break a few paradigms, which I did. I found that I like my own body hair and beard. I found that I can actually put on weight but that’s not necessarily where I’m happiest. I found with determination I can change my body and my outlook on my own self perception. I crossed the fence to the grass that was greener and discovered that both sides are equally beautiful, and now allow myself to choose who and what I want to be.

#weightgain #paradigmshift #selfcare #newadventures #chesthair #gains

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337December 20, 2018 4:37 PM

[quote] It may sound silly but growing out my body hair and refraining from “manscaping” for the last year was a life adventure in itself.

Silly?? Not at all!!

by Anonymousreply 338December 20, 2018 4:42 PM

I've learned in my life to run from gay ex-Mormons. They are all like this--obsessed with proving they're good enough, obsessed with their past, obsessed with themselves.

It's probably not their fault, but they are exceedingly tedious in their narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 339December 20, 2018 4:46 PM

R339, this is so true and basically sums up the one ex-Mormon gay that I dated. He was just so...damaged. And, like Jake, there were many shirtless, thirst posts and self-reflection stuff.

He ate ass like a fucking champ though and loved hearing me moan for it, so I do miss that.

by Anonymousreply 340December 20, 2018 5:28 PM

Growing out body hair as an adventure? Okay.

by Anonymousreply 341December 20, 2018 5:35 PM

[quote] I’m still waiting for one of my exercises to end up on a meme poking fun.

The *nudge nudge wink wink* is implied. He'd love to be a meme.

by Anonymousreply 342December 20, 2018 5:49 PM

but only if it were a positive meme. If the meme was making fun of him and what he was doing, he'd be pissed

by Anonymousreply 343December 20, 2018 5:59 PM

He would still post it though, R343.

"Look at what I have to overcome just to be myself. I'm posting this today to show you that after a lifetime of having to confront the doubts (and doubters) around me, I have been able to transcend the hate, and love myself."

by Anonymousreply 344December 20, 2018 6:12 PM

If only Dr. Jake would talk about himself once in a while. He is too self-effacing and outwardly directed.

by Anonymousreply 345December 20, 2018 6:19 PM

How long before they move to LA?

by Anonymousreply 346December 20, 2018 6:20 PM

I remembered a year ago he had like 50k followers how the hell does he have almost a quarter of a million followers? He's not even impressive on Instagram as a whole. Also where's his homemade porn I know it's out there.

by Anonymousreply 347December 20, 2018 8:08 PM

Would imagine that sex with Jake would be as boring as his prose. And wasn't he babbling about the journey of bulking just a few months ago? Shocking that Jake would just make something up!

by Anonymousreply 348December 20, 2018 8:21 PM

the husbands and some friends made houses out of cookies and candy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349December 21, 2018 7:53 AM

video tour is on his insta stories but here's Jake's finished house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350December 21, 2018 7:53 AM

Does everything he touches have to scream "gay"?

Also that is some shoddy construction.

by Anonymousreply 351December 21, 2018 2:12 PM

the results as posted by Ted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352December 21, 2018 10:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353December 21, 2018 10:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354December 21, 2018 10:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355December 21, 2018 10:23 PM

some facebook musings:

One of the kindest, most interesting compliments I have received. Sometimes I wonder what’s the point of all this for me, then I get messages like this.

“I have to say I am so glad to find your Instagram. The very first pic I ever saw of you was on tumblr. The guy had you tagged as a porn star and I didn’t know any better.

I am glad I took the time to read your posts. I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for 9 months. Seeing all that you have accomplished including your fitness is amazing.

You have a lot to say with your posts and I have learned so much tonight. I appreciate it is not just a shirtless pic to get likes and a quote of the day. You really put thought into your posts. Thanks again.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356December 22, 2018 4:00 AM

Gold's Gym Update: got the $600 they stole from my credit card refunded.

Takeaway: Gyms want your money, period. My saving grace, I made them document everything on my account, kept all the paper copies, and I made the manager sign the written cancellation agreement. I fortunately assumed the worst and unfortunately was right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357December 22, 2018 4:01 AM

It finally happened, a red sock bled into my whites in the wash. But now I’m rocking a great pair of rose-petal-pink briefs. #nottightywhities #realmenwearpink

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358December 22, 2018 4:03 AM

at least he's not a deplorable

It’s Christmas time so like Jesus said, if someone needs help crowdfund your money to build a wall to keep them out. #merrychristmas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359December 22, 2018 4:04 AM

As of Thursday 143,821 people had donated $8,742,182 towards building a wall just days before Christmas. Imagine if these people actually lived their beliefs and raised money to provide necessary healthcare, food, and shelter for the poor. The hypocrisy is astounding. #priorities

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360December 22, 2018 4:05 AM

jakejacob01#nofilter just me. Some days a gratuitous selfie is exactly what is needed. I looked in the mirror this morning and thought, “I like this.”

Today we put so much pressure on trying to be confident but be humble, having good self esteem but not coming across as narcissistic and arrogant. It can be an exhausting battle, and has been a point of frustration for me. Everyone wants to feel attractive, and from what I’ve learned the most “attractive” people tend to also be the most insecure believe it or not. Most people have trained themselves to not take compliments, somehow we value maintaining a poor image of ourselves over authentically accepting genuine kindness from others.

Some days I look in the mirror and see flaw after flaw, skin, hair, complexion, obvious sign of exhaustion, it overwhelms me. Other times I happen across the mirror in the best lighting possible and see someone looking back that makes me happy, proud, content. Today is one of those days. As for tomorrow? The point is my self perception can change from day to day, sometimes caused by my mood, other times it leads my mood in a direction of optimism or self criticism. I know I don’t change significantly day to day, so why does my attitude towards myself evolve so quickly. Acknowledging this rather unfounded and nonsensical irrationality helps me remember that sometimes I’m simply having a bad day, bad hair day, bad self day. It’s okay to have bad days.

I am not the most fit, most attractive, most confident, most successful, most anything. I don’t have to be. I don’t see myself as particularly more/less attractive than the next guy. I see my own flaws and insecurities, but I’ve learned when someone compliments me or says something nice to believe that they actually mean it, and not disregard it. When someone goes out of their way to give a compliment, that’s a significant beautiful level of vulnerability and kindness on their part. I don’t have to see myself as perfect to accept kindness. I don’t have to be narcissistic to love who I am and how I look. I can love myself as I am and believe the best in what others think of me.

#lighting #selfcare #mirrorselfie #physique

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361December 22, 2018 6:43 PM

You don't have to be a narcissist Jake, but you are...you are

by Anonymousreply 362December 22, 2018 6:48 PM

I couldn't imagine finding a pic of my doctor like that online lol

by Anonymousreply 363December 22, 2018 6:55 PM

This is a serious question. Do people have friends anymore?

I admit to admiring Jake for coming to terms with being a gay man. But most have us have done that, and we move on with our lives. He's still stuck at the coming out stage of our maturity. He's in a relationship, and there are pictures of Jake and his SO. But the vast majority of his photos are of himself. The man appears to know no one else. He's not engaged in anything in these photos other than posing and displaying his body. His most important relationship is with the people who view his pictures, like them, comment on them, and (I guess) reblog them. He has a constant need of affirmation from strangers. He has no friends. It's sad, because he's lonely and lacking any sense of confidence.

Jake (and so many others) are asking us to look at them. My response is this. Why?

by Anonymousreply 364December 22, 2018 7:01 PM

R364 ..but he has workout buddies!

by Anonymousreply 365December 22, 2018 7:04 PM

they have friends in LA!!!

by Anonymousreply 366December 22, 2018 8:46 PM

“the most “attractive” people tend to also be the most insecure believe it or not”

We believe it, dear.

by Anonymousreply 367December 22, 2018 11:52 PM

new car!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 23, 2018 8:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 24, 2018 12:33 AM

That choice of truck - overcompensation? No, couldn't be...

by Anonymousreply 370December 24, 2018 12:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371December 24, 2018 2:22 AM

r370 lol! That is a ridiculous truck. Don't they live in an apartment? What would they need to haul?

by Anonymousreply 372December 24, 2018 2:31 AM

Kansan winters can be tough so that truck will get them through anything!

by Anonymousreply 373December 24, 2018 3:00 AM

The truck is for hauling around all that vast neediness.

by Anonymousreply 374December 24, 2018 3:51 AM

I wonder who the twink is Ted's with

by Anonymousreply 375December 24, 2018 3:54 AM

For someone who posts constantly platitude-ish motivational drivel about believing in yourself, he sure seems to be quite obsessed with what's going on outside. Reminds me of that quote from Devil Wears Prada.

"Yes, because that's really what this whole multibillion-dollar industry is all about, isn't it? Inner beauty."

by Anonymousreply 376December 24, 2018 6:46 AM

I can’t imagine myself posting endless line of shirtless pics of my body to Instagram without my family at least asking why am I doing it.

by Anonymousreply 377December 24, 2018 7:10 AM

The Mormon probably has a complex relationship with his family. He's obviously trying to show how great he and his life is now that he's officially gay (he seems like the type who would have claimed to be bi for awhile). There are definitely some deep-seated neuroses at work there.

by Anonymousreply 378December 24, 2018 12:16 PM

His long screeds are also an attempt to pretend his Instagram is MORE than just photos of his vanity, and why he can't just post a shirtless pic without the long thought barfing. He reasons away the act by pretending it's not just him getting off on having people appreciate his body, they are learning something by reading his psychobabble and attempts to justify his life to himself and others.

by Anonymousreply 379December 24, 2018 12:22 PM

I recently moved to Salt Lake City. The gay Mormons I've met are without a doubt some of the most fucked up people I have ever met in my life.

by Anonymousreply 380December 24, 2018 4:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381December 24, 2018 6:07 PM

Oh Jake! You scamp!!!

by Anonymousreply 382December 24, 2018 6:17 PM

I think the sock suspenders in r369 are sort of hot. I'm sure whatever commentary accompanied them, though, was most likely not

by Anonymousreply 383December 24, 2018 11:10 PM

Didn't he already pretend to be sleeping with those pillows at his friend's house?

by Anonymousreply 384December 24, 2018 11:12 PM

jakejacob01Buried and bundled. Lost in thoughts of gratitude.

I’ve been “the new guy” more often than I’d like to think about. Walking into situations and social settings that have well established friendships and groups. Wondering if there is “room in the inn.”

Despite a possible common belief, I have an almost paralyzing social anxiety. This usually translates into me be a bit avoidant, and as I’ve been told makes me come across as unapproachable, which compounds the problem. The way I’ve overcome this anxiety at times is to completely eliminate all concerns and inhibitions and simply walk up to people and introduce myself with reckless abandon, but getting myself to that point can be a tortuous process. It’s painful, but if I can push through the initial fear I’m usually okay with the rest.

Honestly I’ve always been bothered that the onus of initial contact and communication rests on the one who is new, but if I think about it that actually makes sense. Why would people who already have friends and a sense of social security risk or concern themselves with including strangers into their already complete and safe circle. That thought in itself immediately gives me gratitude and appreciation for those special few who do just that, see past their own circle to include others.

I am so incredibly appreciative of the special and welcoming individuals who opened their hearts and homes to me, a particularly transient individual. They didn’t have to be friendly, they didn’t have to take a chance on a new person, new personality, new dynamic. Being welcoming and inclusive is not necessarily the norm in any established community, which makes those special few who see strangers as potential friends all the more special.

Hopefully now I‘m in a place to spend considerable time establishing some strong roots, a new, scary, but exciting concept. Knowing I have been fortunate enough to have met caring and thoughtful souls touches my heart. This Christmas I am reminiscent and grateful for those who so willingly opened up their lives and took a chance on this wanderer.

#anxiety #friendships #bebrave #bundled #newadventures #safe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385December 25, 2018 2:21 AM

jakejacob01Got this for @teddington_01 but I think we both know who I really got it for. Merry Christmas

#massage #gift #merrychristmas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 25, 2018 9:12 PM

They never include us! PROTEST!

by Anonymousreply 387December 25, 2018 11:06 PM

I hope Teddy is at least getting some good sex for having to put up with the gnawing bundle of neediness that is Jake but somehow I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 388December 25, 2018 11:32 PM

Wow Jake doesn't even try to hide is narcissism with that gift post. And shouldn't Jake get some sort of award for overcoming his supposed social anxiety by taking hundreds of photos in public while being barely clothed? Way to go Jake!!!

by Anonymousreply 389December 26, 2018 3:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390December 26, 2018 4:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391December 26, 2018 4:25 PM

R390- i wish he would

by Anonymousreply 392December 26, 2018 4:34 PM

The sad thing about Jake's post at 390 is that he is not joking

by Anonymousreply 393December 26, 2018 4:41 PM

jakejacob01The new year approaches with another opportunity to do, improve, excel, and become. I’ve narrowed my new goals to better balance, better strength, better self mastery, both mind and body.

Last year my New Years goals: 1) visit people not places, and 2) spend my energy on people who actively work to have me in their life. It hasn’t been a perfect year. I definitely did not master either but it was a good start. I gained new insight into my own self worth. I discovered many of my actions were a result of insecurities, a dangerous combination of self sabotage and self criticism.

I learned to not be afraid of feeling sad, or hurt, or afraid. I learned that it’s okay to feel negative things but not allow them to dictate my actions. I get to define who I am, how I act, not my anxiety or mood. I am not perfect at that yet but I am getting better.

I often call myself a late bloomer. I lived for years frozen in my own mind, wallowing in comfortable self loathing, convincing myself that inaction was better than my perceived inevitable failure, that I was unworthy and incapable of certain types of success, predestined to be emotionally defeated so why even try. It’s a stupidly comfortable, miserable place to live. Improvement takes practice, but practice is impossible if I’m unwilling to move or attempt. It was that paradigm, my perception of failure, that I finally had to break free from.

This year I had specific goals, but I obtained so much more. I learned that I cannot practice and improve if I don’t allow myself to be vulnerable and take risks. I found myself saying more than ever, “I have no idea what I’m doing” and seeing that unknown as a beautiful essential part of my process. I acknowledge my incredibly sheltered background, and the years it took to begin the journey of true self discovery. I celebrate the new me that emerges with every year that passes. The familiar “Do or do not, there is no try” resounds in my mind. My self actualization was to simply be present and love my imperfect process. There is no such thing as failure for those who get back up and push forward.

#selfdiscovery #improvement #balance #practice #resilience #handstand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394December 26, 2018 10:29 PM

NO self-congratulatory post is complete with a shirtless pic!

by Anonymousreply 395December 26, 2018 10:36 PM

jakejacob01This picture means more to me than I can express. A beautiful gift from Ted, a beautiful representation of love, and an homage to my lineage and personal history. My name before I took @teddington_01 last name is descended from Erik the Red. My own mother did an excellent job researching our family history, and obviously I’m a mix of many countries and cultures of Northern Europe but the Viking lineage has always been special, a unique connection to me.

I love the tattoos, they are exactly what I’d get on myself today. They are animals that represent my life and who I am. The eagle 🦅 on me representing focus, strength, power, and the ability to rise up from the past and soar freely above the world into any possibility. The wolf 🐺 on Ted representing the determination, intelligence, tenacity that comes from surviving independently, and the strength and unity of having a pack of family to draw love and support from.

I never would have imagined I would be the topic of such a beautiful rendition. Thank you to Ted for this Christmas gift that now hangs in our own home. Thank you to @aeiou_art for sharing your talents and pulling in such intricate details. Our names are even drawn in old Viking on the left. Thank you for such a profound and inspiring piece for me to look at every day as a reminder of who I was, where I came from, and who I am today.

#viking #art #husbands #kiss #gaykiss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396December 27, 2018 5:47 PM

Good lord, what a tacky piece of art.

by Anonymousreply 397December 27, 2018 5:50 PM

He is just so embarrassing! Has he ever had an Instagram caption that was less than a paragraph in length?

by Anonymousreply 398December 27, 2018 5:54 PM

That is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. If I had gotten that from my partner as a gift, it would be grounds for divorce.

And let's guess what Jake got Ted: probably an Insta Pot so Ted could have Jake's meals ready for him when he gets home.

by Anonymousreply 399December 27, 2018 6:17 PM

Jake got Ted some massage device so that Ted could have the privilege of using it on Jake.

by Anonymousreply 400December 27, 2018 6:19 PM

I can imagine when they argue, Ted fleeing from the room and hiding under pillows because Jake won't stop TALKING over every little nuance and detail. It must drive Ted crazy. Or, more likely, he's on powerful prescription antidepressants.

by Anonymousreply 401December 27, 2018 6:22 PM

R399 see R386

by Anonymousreply 402December 27, 2018 6:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403December 28, 2018 2:45 AM

Ted: if you need help, blink three times!

by Anonymousreply 404December 28, 2018 3:11 AM

Poor Ted is always trying to get into the shot. And wow, that is a BAD angle for Jake - fat face for days and makes that ridiculous hair look even worse. Jake!! Take note!!

by Anonymousreply 405December 28, 2018 2:13 PM

Interesting that Jake has taken Ted's surname. That'll show his family!

I knew a gay couple wherein one partner with a very simple surname took his new husband's very ethnic surname after the wedding because of his anger at his family's non-support. As someone with an ethnic surname that I always have to spell for people, I questioned his choice to myself, but he went and had it legally changed. The marriage ended in tears and acrimony barely 18 months later. So far, he's kept his new name. But now he has to explain to people he meets with that same ethnicity that, no, he's not of that descent.

by Anonymousreply 406December 28, 2018 2:39 PM

R405 his hairline is receding faster than Ted's love for him!

by Anonymousreply 407December 28, 2018 3:09 PM

No worries. Jake has the love of all his followers, which is way more important!!

by Anonymousreply 408December 28, 2018 3:18 PM

I know people like to assume but just because a guy might take his husband's last name, that doesn't mean who's top/bot/vers. I'm friends with a couple and the top took the bottom's last name when they married.

by Anonymousreply 409December 28, 2018 4:57 PM

I don't think taking a new name indicates a sexual position but more likely someone who has never liked it due to family situations or other connotations and sees it as the opportunity for a fresh start. I don't even think most women take their husband's name these days.

by Anonymousreply 410December 28, 2018 6:39 PM

the husbands are at KC airport now, waiting to take their flight to LA where they will celebrate New Year's

by Anonymousreply 411December 28, 2018 7:02 PM

^I'll alert the media.

by Anonymousreply 412December 28, 2018 7:07 PM

Was Jake able to navigate through the waiting paparazzi??

by Anonymousreply 413December 28, 2018 8:05 PM

Were the paparazzi blinded by his shiny bald spot, thus depriving Jake of the audience he so richly deserves??

by Anonymousreply 414December 28, 2018 8:07 PM

Jake had Ted stand to block any potential glare, ensuring Jake is only seen in the best light possible.

by Anonymousreply 415December 28, 2018 8:15 PM

Where do the Fehls (Ted's last name, according to the cake he got when he received his R.N.) stay in L.A.? Assuming they have a full agenda of orgies and gang bangs to attend. Jake's not going to deprive his fans the opportunity to bask in his magnificence.

by Anonymousreply 416December 29, 2018 1:53 AM

R416 they're staying at an air bnb. Jake just posted a video to his stories. Something in the kitchen wasn't done (maybe cleaning?) and Ted is handling it.

The husbands went to the LA Fitness on Hollywood Boulevard first though (another stories video) after arriving in LA. Then they went to where they're staying.

by Anonymousreply 417December 29, 2018 2:44 AM

LOL of course Ted is handling the cleaning. And seriously? They went to the gym before their apartment??

by Anonymousreply 418December 29, 2018 4:07 PM

Why does Jake wear his hair in such a poofy way up top? Does he measure that as part of his height? He doesn't strike me as particularly tall so maybe he thinks that gives him the illusion of being taller. But he would look better with just a buzz cut and some scruff on his face. And he really needs to work with a personal trainer to get some proportion to his body. His arms looks ridiculously oversized. I love his chest when it's hairy but the rest of him just looks cartoonish.

I wonder what the other medical professionals he works with think of him. I'll bet the rejected part of him makes him eager to please and constantly seeking approval at the hospital where he works but they would have to think his posts on social media are way over the top.

by Anonymousreply 419December 29, 2018 5:19 PM

R412 made me laugh but they would be happy if media by accident would film their arrival

by Anonymousreply 420December 29, 2018 6:29 PM

Anyone have links to his sex videos. His cock is supposed to be huge!

by Anonymousreply 421December 29, 2018 6:41 PM

[Quote]I love the tattoos, they are exactly what I’d get on myself today. They are animals that represent my life and who I am. The eagle 🦅 on me representing focus, strength, power, and the ability to rise up from the past and soar freely above the world into any possibility.

That describes a Phoenix, not an eagle.

[Quote]The wolf 🐺 on Ted representing the determination, intelligence, tenacity that comes from surviving independently,

Wolves are pack animals, and cannot survive independently in the wild. Hence it represents Ted's reliance on Jake.

by Anonymousreply 422December 29, 2018 6:55 PM

I call bullshit on r421. Where has it ever been noted that Jake's cock is "huge?" I've noticed on some of his jockstrap shots that they look padded.

by Anonymousreply 423December 29, 2018 6:58 PM

not sure where their airbnb is but that LA Fitness on Hollywood boulevard is just a few minutes from WeHo

by Anonymousreply 424December 29, 2018 7:06 PM

I've got some friends from work who Jake and Ted remind me of. They're nice guys, but everything is about how they look, where they go, who they're seen with. Of course, they're into cross- fitting, so we get the posts about that, and they're into all of the circuit parties and big gay events, so we always see them in speedos amidst a crowd of thousands. It seems exhausting to me, always having to maintain this image of being so hot, so desirable. And for what? To get laid more? Instagram likes? Trying to get sponsors? None of it seems real.

by Anonymousreply 425December 29, 2018 7:28 PM

latest video on stories...the husbands are at Crunch Fitness. Likely on Sunset Boulevard

Jake is repping Lululemon Men (see their page below) clothing in this post. Maybe he has an instagram sponsor now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426December 29, 2018 7:28 PM

r421 = Ted, posting because Jake made him

Jake is super short and has to pad his brief shots, so he probably has a micropenis. Also remember the HUGE LONG TRUCK? Mmhmm.

by Anonymousreply 427December 29, 2018 7:40 PM

R421 is clearly Jake. Hi Jake!!! Try harder, dear. All of your overcompensating is not going to make your penis any bigger.

by Anonymousreply 428December 30, 2018 1:27 AM

This is what happens when you don't have kids or elderly parents to take care of. You become obsessed about yourself and think everyone in the world is obsessed about you too.

by Anonymousreply 429December 30, 2018 3:50 AM

Omg, we are so perfect looking for each other…NOT!

by Anonymousreply 430December 30, 2018 3:55 AM

out with a big group of friends!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431December 30, 2018 8:11 AM

here's the guy's instagram who took the pic. You can click on the instas of other guys in the photo too here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432December 30, 2018 8:11 AM

And Jake's wearing short shorts.

by Anonymousreply 433December 30, 2018 3:29 PM

That Tom guy with the IG looks like the grandaddy of the group.

by Anonymousreply 434December 30, 2018 3:30 PM

They all look like brothers…weird!

by Anonymousreply 435December 30, 2018 3:34 PM

They all have the same body fat percentage and the same haircut.

by Anonymousreply 436December 30, 2018 3:36 PM

And the same level of hubris to cover their gnawing insecurities.

by Anonymousreply 437December 30, 2018 3:37 PM

Is this Fuck Team Two or Three? I'm assuming Jake is reserving his A-list for NYE.

by Anonymousreply 438December 30, 2018 3:39 PM

[quote]You can click on the instas of other guys in the photo too

I'd rather not, thank you. I've had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 439December 30, 2018 3:55 PM

Poor Ted is all the way in the back, scuttled aside so Jake could hang with this diverse-looking group of WeHo hos.

by Anonymousreply 440December 30, 2018 5:07 PM

He's holding some guy's bicep in the photo. It's probably a message to Ted telling him to hit the weights.

by Anonymousreply 441December 30, 2018 5:09 PM

Well we know why Jake so often photographs himself wearing next to nothing - IN clothes he is average looking at best. And poor Ted...always in the back. Though I am stunned that Jake allowed himself to be shunted to the side.

by Anonymousreply 442December 30, 2018 5:57 PM

[quote]teddington_01Low carb diet + Halloween = Agony‼️ #tootsierolls #i❤️tootsierolls

Tootsie rolls are probably the closest thing to Black he’ll ever get.

[quote]I've had entire communities and groups propagate lies. I've had online forums of strangers dedicated to tearing me down

Entire communities, groups and online forums dedicated to him? Like he’s fucking Cleopatra?

...What a twat

by Anonymousreply 443December 30, 2018 9:02 PM

LOL Ego much?

by Anonymousreply 444December 30, 2018 10:13 PM

the husbands and a friend went to the trendy Runyon Canyon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445December 30, 2018 11:11 PM

Jake craves the attention, even if it's negative. He tells himself, in the immortal words of Taylor Swift, that "haters gonna hate." Besides, it gives him more material for his pontificating. I'll bet he's checkin in here every hour and is disappointed if there are no new responses.

by Anonymousreply 446December 30, 2018 11:30 PM

r440 Well he doesn't fit into WeHO. This is purely Jake's NYE orgy sex vacation. Ted is lucky to be there with the gay generic hot looking guys that will run a train on him

by Anonymousreply 447December 30, 2018 11:48 PM

That's the motto of Ted's life, according to Jake. "You're lucky to be with me!"

by Anonymousreply 448December 31, 2018 12:06 AM

$10 to the first of you WeHo whores who find Jake and ridicule that stupid looking mop of hair that starts 3/4 of the way to the back of his head.

by Anonymousreply 449December 31, 2018 12:38 AM

r443 Jake loves this thread so much he has to exaggerate it. We're not just some posts, we're an ENTIRE communities! Entire groups = some bitchy queen making a comment about his shoes at the gym one night.

Further confirmation Jake is a liar/exaggerator, as we already knew from his over the top Instagram essays.

by Anonymousreply 450December 31, 2018 1:37 AM

I just had to have a look to see who this guy is. My god, his comments under every one of his IG photos are insufferable. So many men think that, because they’ve pushed their bodies to a god-like level, their minds have exponentially expanded the same, so they post the most adolescent drivel and think that it’s profundity.

It’s perfect that he’s a doctor too. Most doctors consider themselves unassailable, which fits right in with his narcissism. But it’s the douchey, immature writing that gives him away: not well-educated and loves the sound of his own voice. Ugh. Grotesque, inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 451December 31, 2018 1:58 AM

He misspells words frequently, as well. I expect he spends more time talking about himself than hearing his patient's issues during a consultation.

by Anonymousreply 452December 31, 2018 2:04 AM

Is he wrong? I only lurk on these thread every few months but it does seem to be a forum full of strangers devoted to tearing him down. Not criticizing! I do it myself with other figures on this forum. But I don't think what he said was inaccurate

by Anonymousreply 453December 31, 2018 3:19 AM

OMG, we are the most beautiful men in the world…NOT!

by Anonymousreply 454December 31, 2018 4:39 AM

Insufferable bitches, aren’t they?

by Anonymousreply 455December 31, 2018 4:41 AM

[quote]the husbands and a friend went to the trendy Runyon Canyon

Oh, how quaint!

by Anonymousreply 456December 31, 2018 4:42 AM

R431 teddington is the ugliest one there and jake has a forehead three times bigger than everyone.

by Anonymousreply 457December 31, 2018 4:56 AM

My, my, we are ALL in love with each other’s bodies!

by Anonymousreply 458December 31, 2018 4:57 AM

Excuse me while I make love to myself!

by Anonymousreply 459December 31, 2018 5:08 AM

"I'm sorry. Your baby was born without arms. So when he grows up, he'll never be able to flex and pose like me."

by Anonymousreply 460December 31, 2018 5:39 AM

r453, this is a thread, not a forum, dedicated to Jake. If we are critical of him, it is because his narcissism, neediness and shallow platitudes give us plenty of material to work with. If Jake wasn't so ego-driven and maybe showed himself doing something constructive for others, even his husband, he would have more fans than detractors. But he seems pathologically incapable of posting anything that isn't designed to show off his shirtless torso, usually with some bogus description, i.e. the naughty or nice post when he supposedly collapsed on a friend's sofa ass up wearing only a pair of short red shorts. Sure, Jake.

by Anonymousreply 461December 31, 2018 5:46 AM

Those same pillows miraculously ended up at his new home, later. Either he stole them or that never WAS a friend's house.

by Anonymousreply 462December 31, 2018 6:26 AM

jakejacob01I’ve struggled to write today, too many thoughts fill my head, representative of where I’m at in life as this New Year begins. I think back to where I was, so many parts of my past have come together to make me who I am today. I’m humbled and grateful.

When I was younger I envisioned the perfect man as built, lean, dark complexion, full thick head of hair, eyes that pierced you but still were filled with kindness. What I saw in the mirror was a skinny, weak, 5-head hairline, dirty blonde riddled with insecurities and self doubt. My legs were too skinny, my ears were too big, my back was so bony it hurt to sit back in a chair, my shoulders were so bony my own coaches asked me if I had broken them. I was ashamed of my legs and hated to wear shorts. I honestly hated everything about myself.

Something I had to learn is that even though 18-30 is technically an adult, I wasn’t done developing and growing into myself. Sure I wasn’t getting any taller, but I was still filling out both physically and emotionally/mentally. That’s not a common concept taught today, and realizing I still had room for growth helped me see I didn’t have to be the men’s health picture perfect model.

I can already tell this year will be one of change and self-discovery. It will be one of future planning and building. It will be one of maintaining the love, family, and friendships I have already. I’m planning to continue growing emotionally physically, mentally, vocationally.

So one last picture from 2018, a moment in time, one of many that have accumulated to form the person I have come to love and accept today. But it’s not just the moments, it’s the choices that I’ve made in those moments that define me. To me New Years is about realistically seeing myself and my potential for the future. Goals are important but first I have to stop being blinded to my own insecurities and see my self worth. I have many goals, but I’ve learned my most important is to see and love myself for who I am, and say that is perfect for today.

#newyears #goals #selfworth #gym #sauna #improvement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463December 31, 2018 10:20 PM

I wonder if this logical comment will be deleted or Jake will respond:

[quote]luisgarcia75Who goes in to a sauna fully clothed?!

by Anonymousreply 464December 31, 2018 10:23 PM

after the gym the husbands and their friend went to Disneyland

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465December 31, 2018 10:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466December 31, 2018 10:25 PM

[quote]after the gym the husbands and their friend went to Disneyland

Omg, we’re going to Disneyland to have a 3some!

by Anonymousreply 467December 31, 2018 10:40 PM

How many times is Jake going to post the same self-congratulatory drivel about how proud he is of transforming himself from a skinny kid to what he is now? All of which is total bunk as he used to do gymnastics, so he was never skinny.

by Anonymousreply 468December 31, 2018 10:55 PM

Don’t hate me, because I’m beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 469December 31, 2018 11:42 PM

r465 How is he gettign money to do all this stuff and just travel? He hasn't really started off his career from school yet. So are teh othe rInsta whores footing the bill? Is he racking debt? Or is his mormon parents loaded and thus give him a trust fund ?(Seems to be a common trend among the mormon gays e.g 801fitnessfreak, Alex Mecum)

by Anonymousreply 470January 1, 2019 3:28 AM

When is Jake going to post the pics from the NYE instawhore gang bang he and Ted attended?

by Anonymousreply 471January 1, 2019 4:39 PM

so far he's only posted videos in his stories. They did go to a club and the shirts came off

by Anonymousreply 472January 1, 2019 5:21 PM

Ugh, is that a LOVE canvas in the background? I'm thinking neither of them has any taste in decor, based on what I've seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473January 1, 2019 7:53 PM

OMG, am I too good for myself or what?

by Anonymousreply 474January 1, 2019 9:20 PM

"Some days" he needs a gratuitous selfie? More like every day that ends in "Y"!

by Anonymousreply 475January 2, 2019 12:01 AM

I've noticed he regularly deletes photos from his Instagram feed. Is that normal? I know the stories go away after a day or so but photos we've made fun of are gone. Is this a case of Delete by Datalounge Damnation?

by Anonymousreply 476January 2, 2019 12:07 AM

Jake doesn't seem all that serious about his medical career, but he may have some student loan money left that he is using to fund their lifestyle. Nurses, though, make decent money, so it wouldn't surprise if Ted was footing the bill for most of their expenses.

by Anonymousreply 477January 2, 2019 12:11 AM

back in KC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478January 2, 2019 4:20 AM

Damn, don’t I look too good to be true in my latest selfie?

by Anonymousreply 479January 2, 2019 4:29 AM

What are these lessons Jake claims to be learning?

by Anonymousreply 480January 2, 2019 5:31 AM

Just read his posts, r480.

by Anonymousreply 481January 2, 2019 1:42 PM

This latest post is freakish. Do bodybuilders realize how odd they look, after awhile? Athletic and fit is good, but this look appears obsessive and unhealthy. His husband and friends should be concerned. I've commented before on the narcissism at the heart of Instagram posts., but he's overcompensating for a fundamental lack of confidence. Someone in his life should intervene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482January 2, 2019 4:21 PM

He's not a bodybuilder though. They at least try for aesthetics.

Also have you seen his truck? It's LONG and LARGE. He's clearly compensating for something.

by Anonymousreply 483January 2, 2019 4:54 PM

Oh, goodie! Just bought myself the tightest red slut shirt that money can buy!

by Anonymousreply 484January 2, 2019 5:41 PM

Has Jake heard of Bradford Shellhammer? He could get some pointers from obnoxious self-centered writing.

by Anonymousreply 485January 2, 2019 9:11 PM

r483 someone needs to post those fuck pics so we can settle this once and for all. I've seen it once on a site before the thread was promptly nuked from orbit. Should have saved them

by Anonymousreply 486January 2, 2019 9:30 PM

He struggled to write, yet went on and on with his usual exaggerations and self-congratulations

by Anonymousreply 487January 2, 2019 11:26 PM

He feels things, r487! He feels them very deeply!

by Anonymousreply 488January 3, 2019 5:05 AM

And he feels them over and over again…and again…and again.

by Anonymousreply 489January 3, 2019 4:43 PM

jakejacob01A throwback to last year when life was crazy but predictable, before diving into yet another unknown.

Overthinking tends to be my go-to mental state. It was at this point last year that I was just beginning a mental journey, comprehending the concept and power of inaction. That sounds silly, but to me it was and is an important lesson. Being a fairly driven and tenacious person, I thrived off of being in control of my life. I learned early on that I am the only person who I could count on for my personal success. Unchecked, that easily translated into me perceiving that I actually had control of my most aspects of my life and occasionally thinking my goals were good for other people too.

In reality I only have control of my own actions and thoughts. It took me years of self reflection to see the power of simply letting other people be exactly who they are. To see people for everything they are instead of the few things they are not, and to realize that I am seeing them at a beautiful point in time. Yes having a history with someone gives me an idea of what they may do or say, I may think I understand their thought process, their desires, their motivation, but people can and will change. Emotions can change, circumstances can change.

Expectation is a bittersweet concept. On one hand I love consistency and feeling like I am in sync with those I care about. On the other hand I have learned I can’t feel insulted or hurt when someone doesn’t live up to my personal expectations of them. I can’t think of a worse divider in friendships and relationships than the disappointment of not living up to someone else’s expectations.

This new year I am careful to ensure my goals are for my own self improvement. To be content to be silent, to listen more, to hear more, to se more than the perceived reality is directly in front of me. Most important it is to give those I love the benefit of the doubt, and the time and space they need to be who they are. To stop protecting myself by assuming running away, or expecting and being unavoidably disappointed. My goal is to see and appreciate the wonderful reality I love in.

#newyear #goals #towelselfie #growth #motivation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490January 3, 2019 10:36 PM

meanwhile lmao Ted...point #9 is interesting dontcha think!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491January 3, 2019 10:39 PM

Other's?

by Anonymousreply 492January 3, 2019 11:22 PM

What the hell is fotneas? If only Jake's contentment to be silent would extend to his windbag writings. Geeesh! And maybe he'll learn that his deep thoughts don't become deeper when accompanied by a gratuitous shirtless selfie.

by Anonymousreply 493January 3, 2019 11:40 PM

Has Jake ever written a post that was less than four paragraphs long? Jeez. I'm a writer and it is legit painful to read those.

I know he probably thinks he looks amazing in R490, but I think his arms look positively grotesque. He should play Popeye in a live-action version (or at a Kansas City community theater or something).

by Anonymousreply 494January 4, 2019 2:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495January 4, 2019 5:17 PM

Wow - Jake is actually the least attractive person of that group! Even Ted looks cuter.

And those yummy bookends.

by Anonymousreply 496January 4, 2019 5:26 PM

Jake has "liked" almost every Instagram post the guy standing next to Ted has ever posted.

by Anonymousreply 497January 4, 2019 5:53 PM

Cody, the one next to Jake, is cute enough but he's obviously not a gym bunny. Pretty average body. Surprised Jake is friends with him, unless he likes being spit roasted.

by Anonymousreply 498January 4, 2019 5:57 PM

Jake is extremely average-looking when clothed. Something I'm quite sure he's realized at this point.

by Anonymousreply 499January 4, 2019 6:01 PM

I'm shocked Jake didn't wear his short shorts to the symphony.

by Anonymousreply 500January 4, 2019 6:07 PM

Why does Jake not see that his hair cut does not flatter him? It's obvious that he would't believe Ted if he told him that, but Jake obviously owns lots of mirrors with which to admire himself, so why can't he see the bitter truth?

by Anonymousreply 501January 4, 2019 6:26 PM

Yeah, it's like he wants to highlight that he has a receding hairline. His face is being taken over by his forehead.

by Anonymousreply 502January 4, 2019 6:37 PM

Surrounding himself with younger, more handsome people with better hair is certainly not helping matters

by Anonymousreply 503January 4, 2019 6:43 PM

When do you think he'll give it up and shave his head? Without hair he's kind of bland. I guess that's why he's growing it on his body.

by Anonymousreply 504January 4, 2019 6:45 PM

well how much does a transplant cost?

by Anonymousreply 505January 4, 2019 6:55 PM

Jake surrounds himself with fans and fuckpieces, not friends who would give him some honest advice

by Anonymousreply 506January 4, 2019 6:56 PM

R506 = Ted or one of the Mormon siblings

by Anonymousreply 507January 4, 2019 7:07 PM

So I was having a rather interesting convo with a gal who works in the media-comm dept for a large manufacturer based out of our state. She was telling me how her primary job is saturating social media with product placements for her employer and she deals with lots of social media accounts, many well-known and well-followed. It was a lengthy discussion, but one interesting part was her mentioning that a lot of these social media "stories" are actually curated by production groups, much like a TV show. There's something akin to a production company who manages the feed, someone who casts the people in the photos, an interiors and exteriors person or set decorator, a story writer, etc.. She mentioned some gal on IG of note (don't know who she was nor did I recognize the name) who had followers in the several hundreds-of-thousands, showcasing some extravagant and benevolent lifestyle, but it was actually all faked, her followers being none the wiser. Her profile made her out to be some philanthropic teacher/professor or something, but she was actually just a model. When I came across this thread, I was thinking it a possibility that this is one of those "curated" social media accounts. The guy claims to be a doctor, but really never seems to "doctor," nor does the text seem to be written by someone educated to such a level. Further, the lifestyle shown is incongruous with an actual, practicing doctor or medical student, at least to a certain degree. Any professional, doctor, lawyer, whatever, would require some level of professional public conduct (it would likely be mandated by any employer); this profile is likely not within those confines. Of course, doctors can travel and workout and lead perfectly lovely lives, but certainly not as freely as this bloke. There's also something sensational about a gay doctor/nurse couple (one of whom is an ex-Morman who escaped the clutches of such an oppressive church), it truly sounds like something out of a Hollywood script. I could be wrong (as I don't follow him), but I have a suspicion that what that gal above described was what this is.

by Anonymousreply 508January 5, 2019 1:22 AM

I agree that Jake doesn't seem like much of a doctor - certainly not one I would trust with my healthcare - but he hasn't started shilling product yet, unless that is the next step

by Anonymousreply 509January 5, 2019 4:14 AM

r508 you forgot the fact he's always hanging out with other popular Instagram gays across the fucking country every other week. How the fuck are you having "vacations" every other week?

by Anonymousreply 510January 5, 2019 5:41 AM

It IS weird how the Instagram gays all seem to know each other. I've been surprised at who I saw commenting in some of their (I thought) completely separate accounts.

by Anonymousreply 511January 5, 2019 5:53 AM

R511 it’s because they all know a lot of the same people in Los Angeles or New York. Plus a lot of them go out a lot and run into each other all the time. Then there’s the sober group that see each other at dodgeball or whatever. The professional ones that know each other because they have entertainment careers. Then The wannabes. There could be a whole mean girls explanation of it all if you wanted.

by Anonymousreply 512January 5, 2019 7:45 AM

R512 maybe if it were a high school, but we are talking about two enormous cities of tens of millions of people. I just find it odd that guys who decided to live their lives on Instagram somehow are friends when coasts separate them. I see what you mean, but logistically there should be common threads. I guess there could be; let's deduce!

In common:

A particular gym in each city

Specific destination giant parties

Specific vacation spots

Grindr/Scruff and sluts?

by Anonymousreply 513January 5, 2019 10:47 AM

R509 Actually, she did address that because I specifically asked her about IG accounts that I follow and some of the products shilled in those accounts. Her goal isn't to get a personality on social media to expressly endorse the product ("e.g. I love my XYZ and you should buy it," she said that kind of placement isn't well-received), but rather to just have a product organically slipped into a photo with the expectation that it generates some buzz in the comments, much like on a TV show or movie where a product is used and viewers flock to message boards to discuss it. One product the gal (referenced in my previous post) was trying to place was a flameless candle. All the account did was post a short homemade-looking video of a the IGer's kid playing around with it (and not burning his/herself) and it generated a bunch of comments and buzz, no mention of the brand or stores one could buy it from. But the placement apparently worked quite well and people sought it out on their own. So even if this Jake guy isn't expressly shilling a product, an image of him using/wearing/driving/eating it could still be intentional. Again, I don't really know, I suppose one never can.

by Anonymousreply 514January 5, 2019 3:17 PM

Jake obviously has branding deals with the maker of the naughty/nice pillow and the creator of the little red shorts. And probably Nair For Men.

by Anonymousreply 515January 5, 2019 3:22 PM

Hi, I'm Jake. And I'm not just a client but founder and President of the Really High Forehead for Men Club. Here's our latest exclusive offering: The Little, Tiny, Poof of Hair.

by Anonymousreply 516January 5, 2019 3:46 PM

OMG!! Where can I buy one?! I've always wanted my own poof! Have sex with me Jake!!! HaHaHa! Just kidding!!!❤️❤️

by Anonymousreply 517January 5, 2019 4:12 PM

Assuming he is using his real name, Jake isn't a member of the AMA, and he isn't licensed to practice in the state of Missouri.

by Anonymousreply 518January 5, 2019 6:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519January 5, 2019 10:45 PM

see if this link works. No preview but it's a stories video link

Jake wonders "where are all the new year's resolutioners?" Hardly anyone at the gym!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520January 6, 2019 1:03 AM

Why isnt he at Hair Cittery getting a trim?

Oh. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 521January 6, 2019 4:35 AM

I was expecting Jake to take us down a trip through memory lane when HE once made the brave and paradigm altering resolution to commit fully to his fitness.

by Anonymousreply 522January 6, 2019 5:27 PM

jakejacob01Excuses, we all have them. I blame excuses on why I don’t start, continue, or complete goals, treating them like a living entity, something I have to overcome, the ultimate enemy to the life I’m trying to obtain.

In all actuality excuses are learned, usually retrospective, a perpetual hind-site of discouragement. Then from experience, anxiety, overthinking I project those insecurities as a self defeating mental block, a future I haven’t even lived yet is now controlled by worry, and as my favorite saying goes “worrying is punishing yourself twice.”

So how do I take the power out of my excuses? Easier said than done. In many ways knowing my own excuses and self limitations is the perfect way to set myself up for success, I just have to be genuinely honest to myself about how limited I really am.

Growing up I was extremely flexible, to a fault. I remember the first time someone dared me to go into the splits, I slid down to the floor. As cool as that sounds my hyper-mobility was my biggest detriment. Turns out I have a mild genetic variant of a connective tissue disorder. It took me years to learn I couldn’t exercise like my peers. My hyper-mobility made me incredibly prone to injuries, especially my lower back and shoulders. Often I would be in pain after certain lifts for months on end, making any progress impossible. I started to feed into my hyper-mobility as my greatest excuse for why I wasn’t accomplishing my physical goals.

Thankfully my drive to lift and improve was still strong. Through experience and self education I learned to accepted my excuses as unique traits instead of a limitations. By being honest with myself, seeing reality, I changed focus and started making accomplishable goals, creating my workouts specifically addressing those limitations and as a result found unique strengths about myself I never would have known.

We often say “what’s your excuse,” but I would rather say what’s my reality, what do I want, and what steps can I take today to get there. I don’t have to have all of the answers today, finding joy in the process is a beautiful part of life’s journey.

#triceps #pushups #balance #bodyweight #functionaltraining

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523January 6, 2019 7:33 PM

Every gym I've ever been to has a rule that members must wear a shirt while working out. Is there some special place for instawhores to go where shirtlessness and short red shorts are a requirement?

by Anonymousreply 524January 6, 2019 7:37 PM

Translation: my freakish physical exceptionalism was holding me back! Talk about a humblebrag.

by Anonymousreply 525January 6, 2019 7:38 PM

"Turns out I have a mild genetic variant of a connective tissue disorder. "

Sure, Jake.

by Anonymousreply 526January 6, 2019 7:45 PM

"I just have to be genuinely honest to myself about how limited I really am."

Sometimes the jokes just write themselves

by Anonymousreply 527January 7, 2019 12:50 AM

Is it possible that he's some kind of other, less-demanding type of "doctor," such as chiropractor, podiatrist, naturopath?

by Anonymousreply 528January 7, 2019 4:33 AM

Jake has his M.D. and is an interventional chronic pain specialist, according to linked in.

Too bad he's not able to heal the chronic pain in his soul.

by Anonymousreply 529January 7, 2019 12:13 PM

That was his ass up pose from this past New Year's celebration in L.A.

by Anonymousreply 530January 7, 2019 3:47 PM

Chronic pain specialist = prescribing opioids to his friends

by Anonymousreply 531January 7, 2019 4:58 PM

Those red Naughty/Nice pillows basically outed him as a liar and a "stager" or Instagram photos. He was not, after all, passed out, ass up, wearing only a pair of skimpy shorts on his friend's couch. Never fucking happened.

by Anonymousreply 532January 7, 2019 5:02 PM

*of Instagram photos

by Anonymousreply 533January 7, 2019 5:09 PM

Am I getting you too hot with my buns of steal?

by Anonymousreply 534January 7, 2019 10:31 PM

You have to wonder why Jake got married. Was it because he needed another body for swinger's events? He barely acknowledges Ted exists except in relation to himself, which is the mark of the true narcissist. Perhaps Ted has been instructed to provide constant affirmation to jake, along with those machine massages, and is so into the cult of Jake that he thinks he's lucky.

by Anonymousreply 535January 8, 2019 3:33 AM

Ted does seem to have been Stockholmed

by Anonymousreply 536January 8, 2019 3:46 AM

This thread, yes THIS THREAD has convinced me I've got to get off of Datalounge. Talk about SHALLOW and self-obsessed...

by Anonymousreply 537January 8, 2019 3:53 AM

r535 r536 that's a shame. Ted deserves a big dick gangbang with guys that want to be there for Ted and not his husband Jake

by Anonymousreply 538January 8, 2019 4:12 AM

Datalounge Detectives always make me feel sad. "He was not, after all, passed out, ass up, wearing only a pair of skimpy shorts on his friend's couch. " Oh, stars above! You mean he might have STAGED something for an INSTAGRAM photo? Why, that's unheard of! Simply unheard of!

by Anonymousreply 539January 8, 2019 11:12 PM

jakejacob01 An early morning and finding time to enjoy the silence. I’ve posted this thought before but I’m still learning so much about the power of silence, specifically silencing my own mind. It tends to race and run, most of the time with efficiency but sometimes out of control. Suddenly I find my anxiety and thoughts taking control, then one thought of anxiety propagates the next and so on.

Silence is golden I’ve heard. I’ve grown accustom to the times my mind is at ease, being around the people I love, engaged in a task, even writing. But what about the times I am not conditioned for being calm. How comfortable am I with silence? With being alone? With enjoying my own company?

I’m reminded of one of my favorite songs growing up: “All I ever wanted, All I ever needed, is here in my arms. Words are very unnecessary. They can only do harm. Enjoy the silence.”

Sometimes silence is the best way to communicate love, affection. Sometimes just simply being present physically and emotionally far out speaks any words I could try to say. Same with my own mind. Sometimes slowing myself to simply be present and enjoy the silence of my own mind, finding ways to calm my thoughts, to be content with not knowing, not speaking, not acting. Sometimes all I can do will never be enough, so simply being present in my own life and the life of others is the greatest gift I can give.

#silence #growth #love #support

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540January 9, 2019 12:41 AM

jakejacob01

An early morning and finding time to enjoy the silence. I’ve posted this thought before but I’m still learning so much about the power of silence, specifically silencing my own mind. It tends to race and run, most of the time with efficiency but sometimes out of control. Suddenly I find my anxiety and thoughts taking control, then one thought of anxiety propagates the next and so on.

Silence is golden I’ve heard. I’ve grown accustom to the times my mind is at ease, being around the people I love, engaged in a task, even writing. But what about the times I am not conditioned for being calm. How comfortable am I with silence? With being alone? With enjoying my own company?

I’m reminded of one of my favorite songs growing up: “All I ever wanted, All I ever needed, is here in my arms. Words are very unnecessary. They can only do harm. Enjoy the silence.”

Sometimes silence is the best way to communicate love, affection. Sometimes just simply being present physically and emotionally far out speaks any words I could try to say. Same with my own mind. Sometimes slowing myself to simply be present and enjoy the silence of my own mind, finding ways to calm my thoughts, to be content with not knowing, not speaking, not acting. Sometimes all I can do will never be enough, so simply being present in my own life and the life of others is the greatest gift I can give.

#silence #growth #love #support

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541January 9, 2019 12:42 AM

Jake should take his own advice and STFU

by Anonymousreply 542January 9, 2019 12:46 AM

R539 are you "special" or something? The jarring disconnect is that his Instagram posts are always, ostensibly, about his feelings and how he's being true to himself and he's really a guy that feels things and he's just so honest and open he wants to share that honesty and openness with the world!

So yeah for him to have one where he's claiming it was an accidental photo where he just happened to be perfectly positioned and lit, and talking about his "friend's" tacky pillows - all LIES! So that means that pretty much all of his posts are also hideous lies, and that he's doing it all to sell something to somebody, even if it's just his own image of this great guy. Not that there was ever any question about that, given the bullshit he writes, but just in case there were still a few holdouts who didn't think he was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 543January 9, 2019 3:32 AM

it's the contrast between his attempts to write "deep" posts with his being shirtless or even almost naked each time that cracks me up. The long-winded passages often have nothing to do with the image he pairs them with

by Anonymousreply 544January 9, 2019 3:42 AM

Exactly, r544. He tries so hard to be deep with his thought but reveals his shallowness with every shirtless shot.

Jake obviously had Ted post that at r539.

by Anonymousreply 545January 9, 2019 3:57 AM

It's been over a year and 70k more followers since DL starting talking about this guy. But where are the nudes and fuck pics? I've been dying to see Jake and Ted's dick and I know they pass them around in their Insta circles and Ted shows them to guys he likes on Scruff. Leak that shit

by Anonymousreply 546January 9, 2019 6:04 AM

I don't have high hopes for Jake's dick pic, what with him being on steroids and all and his desperate need to overcompensate for any shortcomings.

by Anonymousreply 547January 9, 2019 1:28 PM

Jake shouts out an insta friend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548January 9, 2019 5:48 PM

The "Friend" is much hotter than Jake. I wonder if he's going to beat Ted tonight when he realizes that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549January 9, 2019 5:50 PM

Oh, god. Now he's trying to re-imagine himself as some big grammar queen on Facebook. Jake, hon, we've read your verbose, often grammatically incorrect, Instagram posts, dear:

Them: uses “you’re” correctly Me: fans self Them: uses “than” correctly Me: (heavy breathing) unzips

by Anonymousreply 550January 9, 2019 5:54 PM

His word vomit is always filled with typos and misspellings. What has he said on Facebook, r550?

by Anonymousreply 551January 9, 2019 5:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552January 9, 2019 5:59 PM

Sorry, I misread your post. And yeah that is a stupid thing, considering how bad his writing is.

by Anonymousreply 553January 9, 2019 6:02 PM

Sorry, R551. It was formatted weirdly in the final post. But, yeah, he was basically saying that he swoons when he hears good grammar. An eyeroll moment for the ages.

He has another post from earlier that says this: "If your crush doesn't drunk text you do you really even care? #rulesoflife"

Besides the fact that La Grammar Queen has failed to place a comma in that last status, isn't that kind of a total disregard of Ted's feelings? Why is he posting about his "crush" as a married man? Is Ted not on Facebook? I'm embarrassed at how many of my friends regularly "like" and comment on his stupid, thirsty updates.

by Anonymousreply 554January 9, 2019 6:15 PM

Jake Jake Jake, what about poor Ted?

by Anonymousreply 555January 9, 2019 6:26 PM

His fuck buddy at R549 is a pole dancer.

by Anonymousreply 556January 9, 2019 8:27 PM

He won't beat Ted, but he will make him fawn over him for a few hours and take hundreds of photos Jake doing normal things around the house while being barely clothed.

by Anonymousreply 557January 9, 2019 11:43 PM

He'll be sure not to beat Ted in a manner that leaves bruises. I'm sure the Mormons have some techniques for training they use.

by Anonymousreply 558January 10, 2019 9:08 PM

jakejacob01 #Throwback and #Repost to one of my favorite memories when I found my stethoscope last year:

“Some physical belongings hold a story, a history, a part of who we are, serving as a reminder. Prior to coming out I was engaged to a beautiful woman. Thankfully we had a moment of truth and broke it off 2 weeks before the wedding. I also happen to be dear friends with her father for years previously.

After I came out I had a lot of negative reaction, and was grateful to leave Utah to Miami and start my life anew. I became reluctant to talk about myself with anyone from my past. In my second year of medical school I received a message from him that he would like to meet. I agreed, not knowing what to expect. Eventually the conversation turned towards relationships. I was nervous given his Mormon background, AND that I had broken an engagement with his own daughter. I cautiously told him about my family and friends reaction, about my life now in comparison to before, bringing him up to speed on years of transition and change. He was amazingly loving, welcoming, and supportive, and continued to be from that day on. A first for me and a testament to his character.

At some point during our conversation I must have mentioned my second-hand stethoscope in passing. A few days later I received a package in the mail containing a brand new stethoscope, worth far more than I could afford at the time, priceless to my heart. I still cry at the thought of opening that package.

I could go on about what this man has taught me about love acceptance. His presence and support at my wedding when my own family chose to stay away. His continued kindness and communication with me. Given our unique past I wouldn’t expect someone like this to put in so much effort for someone like me. He truly is an example of what love and kindness can be. So, today I am elated. I have found an object that is worth far more than the sum of its parts. I have found an object that represents pure love, charity, acceptance no matter what. I have found a reminder to myself to be like him, and be just a little better every day.”

#stethoscope #physician #instagay #gratitude #doctor #itgetsbetter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559January 10, 2019 10:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560January 10, 2019 10:31 PM

Wait. His Instagram post is s a rerun???

by Anonymousreply 561January 10, 2019 11:29 PM

Is Jake saying his haircut is good?? Get to an eye doctor Jake!

So, we are to believe that the father of the girl he broke off an engagement to flew to Miami to talk to Jake? OK...they couldn't do it on the phone? And Jake just happened to bring up a stethoscope in the conversation? Like so much of what Jake posts, THIS NEVER HAPPENED!!!

by Anonymousreply 562January 11, 2019 1:29 AM

r562 it did happen to JakeJacob01, his Instagram persona. As for the real Jake, that story probably went a bit differently

by Anonymousreply 563January 11, 2019 1:35 AM

R561 yes he reposted it again. It was 1 f his most liked photos last year so I think that's why he reposted it rather than tell the story again

by Anonymousreply 564January 11, 2019 2:23 AM

He was so much younger then!

by Anonymousreply 565January 11, 2019 4:13 AM

His hair hates him so much, it's committing suicude.

by Anonymousreply 566January 11, 2019 10:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567January 11, 2019 10:35 PM

unless Jake just randomly posted this, it seems the husbands are in Tampa for the weekend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568January 11, 2019 10:36 PM

Oh? is there a circuit party in Tampa?

by Anonymousreply 569January 12, 2019 1:51 AM

Tampa circuit oarties: five queens taking hits off one shared joint while a Paula Abdul remix from 1989 plays off someone's phone and a faghag flips the lights on and off.

by Anonymousreply 570January 12, 2019 1:01 PM

Yep another out of state party. I was right practically every other weekend he takes these mini-vacations and just parties with other vapid Instagram white men. And this man is well into his thirties. Ask us Jake, why should we take you seriously again?

by Anonymousreply 571January 12, 2019 1:22 PM

What fun! I can get inspired for my next navel-gazing soliloquy, "How I lost my virginity and what a loving experience it was for all" and of course, paired with a photo of me shirtless, for some reason!

by Anonymousreply 572January 12, 2019 1:23 PM

Ever notice in Jake's tales of selflessness, learning and growing, that someone is always doing something FOR Jake, because Jake is just so darn amazing. Has Jake ever told a story about how he has done something for anyone? And no, allowing Ted to massage him doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 573January 12, 2019 4:26 PM

oh never mind. They're in Tampa because Ted's father passed away.

by Anonymousreply 574January 12, 2019 4:51 PM

How can Jake make Ted's father's funeral about him?

by Anonymousreply 575January 12, 2019 4:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576January 12, 2019 4:56 PM

R573 Jake is humble and doesn’t want to take the credit for all the things he has done for others.

by Anonymousreply 577January 12, 2019 5:03 PM

LOL r576. That's how, I suppose!

by Anonymousreply 578January 12, 2019 5:05 PM

He died but what's important is how he felt about me when he wasn't dead.

by Anonymousreply 579January 12, 2019 5:24 PM

Condolences to Ted. But my point still stands, for funerals you hang with Ted’s family not random stranger Instagram gays. Shows his priorities

by Anonymousreply 580January 12, 2019 6:24 PM

wow check out the third pic here after swiping...Ted and his brothers all look very much alike!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581January 12, 2019 6:46 PM

Will Jake manage to wear clothes to the funeral?

by Anonymousreply 582January 12, 2019 7:48 PM

Ted’s dad was hot!

by Anonymousreply 583January 12, 2019 8:00 PM

R582 probably something tight to let the frau relatives knows how lucky Ted is to be tapping him.

by Anonymousreply 584January 12, 2019 8:04 PM

I'm sure Jake will have to be specifically told to not wear his short shorts to the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 585January 12, 2019 8:04 PM

But they would be in honor of the deceased! He once said he could tell I didn't skip leg day!

by Anonymousreply 586January 12, 2019 8:21 PM

It's really not to much of a stretch to imagine Jake essaying that by only wearing tiny shorts to the funeral, he was doing his part to raise the spirits of everyone attending, all while learning, growing, and breaking paradigms, of course.

by Anonymousreply 587January 12, 2019 8:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588January 12, 2019 9:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589January 12, 2019 9:47 PM

Last two photos are cringe. Also Ted is the worst looking brother. If Jake were a girl she be ridiculed for that

by Anonymousreply 590January 12, 2019 9:53 PM

Yeah that is NOT a good photo of them. They look inbred.

by Anonymousreply 591January 12, 2019 11:38 PM

I'll put money on it: if Jake wears a shirt to the funeral, it will be so tight, it will look like a second skin with buttons and a collar. That type never gets it.

by Anonymousreply 592January 13, 2019 12:49 AM

Ted's dad was actually the best-looking man in that family.

by Anonymousreply 593January 13, 2019 4:35 AM

R592 Jake's other thing is that he LOVES to dress up. So he will probably wear a suit (slim fit and one size two small, of course) and suspenders, vest, and if he could get away with it, an Ascot and top hat. Of course he will have to take a photo when he's half out of the clothes still wearing the suspenders over his nide torso.

by Anonymousreply 594January 13, 2019 4:50 AM

teddington_01 Overcome by the family... sleep tight boo boo. @jakejacob01 #sleepytime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595January 13, 2019 5:44 PM

^At least she had the sense to leave her massive arms and legs uncovered by Meemaw's afghan.

by Anonymousreply 596January 13, 2019 6:47 PM

Who the hell naps with a throw covering only their midsection? I guess the family should be thankful he's not sprawled out ass up with his tiny red shorts.

by Anonymousreply 597January 13, 2019 6:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598January 13, 2019 7:08 PM

Jake actually looks asleep in the Teddington photo. I assume Ted is the one who artfully placed the afghan so as to leave some muscles on display.

by Anonymousreply 599January 13, 2019 7:15 PM

Are we sure they aren't back home? They have those tacky pillows with words on them, like their Christmas version.

by Anonymousreply 600January 13, 2019 7:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!