Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'People want Roseanne!' ABC Fears The Conners will crash without her and say killing her off was a hasty 'knee-jerk' decision

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 21, 2018 11:36 AM

It was a missed opportunity not to write it into the show. It would've gotten blockbuster ratings and could've been a real "teachable" moment.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2018 5:15 PM

I think the Roseanne characters have had their time. There’s nothing new that can be brought to the table. Roseanne is an asshole but she was the backbone of that show. I adore Goodman and Metcalf but I don’t think they’ll be enough to sustain it or the rest of them for that matter .

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2018 5:18 PM

They could still change course since the new shows haven't aired yet.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2018 5:21 PM

Channing Dungey is entirely unimpressive.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2018 5:25 PM

Yes can come back from the dead like the risen christ.. or as a zombie or as christ risen as a zombie. Possible storylines are endless. I'm sure hilarity will ensue!

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2018 5:25 PM

Fake Deplorable news. It's getting stellar reviews. It may not be a massive hit, but neither was the reboot anymore by the time it was canceled. Boy are the Repugs going to be steaming if it gets renewed, even just for one season, and it probably will. Anyway, Roseanne Barr had already killed Roseanne Conner by make a 180 degree turn from who she used to be, into the despicable monstrosity she is now.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2018 5:28 PM

TL:DR

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2018 5:28 PM

True story, R6. Barr herself killed off who Roseanne was. I'll watch The Conners, and hope it does well. I'm sad, though, Barr couldn't keep it together for the sake of the show in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2018 5:32 PM

I'm glad she's dead. Still not gonna watch, though.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2018 5:55 PM

Goodman recently said he had a hard time accepting Roseanne getting fired, and Metcalf has been quiet about the whole thing (she is very close with Roseanne off camera). I think both only did this season because they were already paid to do it. It wouldn't be surprising if both exited afterwards, regardless of the ratings.

The show seems to be centered around Sara Gilbert's character anyway. That might be the direction they take it in.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2018 5:59 PM

I watched 9 of 10 of the episodes in the reboot season. I laughed once. With or without Roseanne it is a huge, laugh-free failure.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2018 6:01 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Metcalf hasn't noticed any changes in Roseanne at all, and is totally cool with her becoming a racist psycho.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2018 6:03 PM

I think it’s appalling that everyone wants to “kill” off the woman who was responsible for the show and gave them all jobs. It tells you a lot about the actors. It’s all backstabbing and they want to each have their last grasp at fame no matter who they hurt in the process. It’s like 3’s Company. The illusion is gone, you realize they all hate each other, and the show suffers. You don’t turn on family. You might not agree with them, but...How can they even do this? Doesn’t Roseanne own any creative control of the character?

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2018 6:05 PM

That's correct, R13. It is not called show BUSINESS for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2018 6:07 PM

There are three sides to EVERY story

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2018 6:09 PM

R12 Laurie Metcalf on Roseanne from ten months ago (they were in the middle of taping the new season). Starts at 16:25.

Eagerly awaiting for your link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2018 6:10 PM

And I hope the Conners fails. Roseanne or nothing. You’re better than her? Then start your own damn show with new characters. Don’t continue to feed off her dead show and it’s storyline like a bunch of vultures.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2018 6:11 PM

r15, and if everybody went to the same restaurant on the same evening and ordered blintzes, there'd be chaos!

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2018 6:15 PM

The show may well limp along, pull one more season, then die. The show IS Roseanne .... hope they pull her back in.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2018 6:15 PM

I think Roseanne has serious issues she needs to work on, BUT... To symbolically murder your co-worker? That’s about as low as it gets. I don’t know if I could ever speak to these people again. They’re basically wishing you were dead!!! I mean, I’m glad Roseanne is a strong person, because that would seriously mess with my head. Don’t know how they look in the mirror and go on the show...I would feel like such a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2018 6:16 PM

I'm glad ABC fired her. I also don't give a fuck if The Conners fails. Reboots suck. The Murphy Brown reboot is appallingly bad, and the Will & Grace reboot is almost as horrible. And Roseanne is a fucking despicable, batshit crazy person who does not deserve a public forum on network TV every fucking week. She's bad enough with her insane Tweets and deplorable interviews.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2018 6:17 PM

Roseanne as Zombie Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2018 6:19 PM

Perish the thought that ABC take the lead on the matter and stand by the decision that they fired RB because it was the right thing to do, and they didn't want to be associated with, or promote, someone with such abhorrent views. MUCH more important to worry about what the fucking advertisers and Roseanne-supporting deplorables think.

JFC, as long as ABC's financial stability isn't dependent on RB or this show (which it obviously isn't), they should stand by the decision and show pride in doing the right thing. Not every fucking thing should be about making an extra buck. The fact that anyone is arguing that it should be is symptomatic of why the U.S. is heading full speed down the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2018 6:24 PM

She’s back on TV land

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2018 6:25 PM

Victory is ours!

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2018 6:27 PM

Spineless a-holes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2018 6:30 PM

I may have to watch "The Connors" just to prove ABC and the deplorables screaming about this wrong.

For once, they did the right thing when they shitcanned Rosanne after another racist outburst. There simply must be repercussions for acting out in this racist manner, and since TV is where everything in America attains validation, it was a breath of fresh air that ABC and Disney did the right thing. But, like the way that everything else in this country has gone to hell, I expect that ABC relents, Rosanne is resurrected, and the whole franchise dies a slow, agonizing death. Besides, the deplorables were too stupid to see that the premise of the original Rosanne was ridiculing them.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2018 6:32 PM

Who's spineless? They fired Roseanne and made sure she won't make a dime from The Conners before they'd green-light it. This article is hearsay, I'm sure ABC is thrilled with the reviews it's getting.

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2018 6:33 PM

Roseanne was exactly the same when ABC agreed to do a reboot with her, R27. A total Trumpster. So, it's not like Sherwood and Dungey suddenly developed conscience. Their decision to fire her was mostly based on preserving a good image for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2018 6:36 PM

[quote] Doesn’t Roseanne own any creative control of the character?

She does but ABC's terms for keeping the cast and crew working was she could make NO profit from the new series. Accordingly she waived her rights allowing ABC to steal the Conners. She made a fairly significant sacrifice to protect others and receives no credit whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2018 6:36 PM

Deplorables are so put-upon (*sobs*)

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2018 6:39 PM

Wow, she's an unsung hero.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2018 6:39 PM

That’s horrible r30. I wish someone had counseled her. Then there would be no The Conners. It’s just a dumb revenge show. They’re mad she made them lose their cash cow due to her antics. They should have had an intervention before things got bad.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2018 6:43 PM

Idiots. They had a hit on their hands and fucked it up. Go to another network Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2018 6:45 PM

Yes, Roseanne's KKK Comedy Variety Hour 2019, a can't miss hit!

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2018 6:46 PM

I think it was stupid to fire her and stupid to continue the show without her. Here's the thing, let the audience decide if Roseanne Barr the person, went too far. It's moronic to me that our president can say and do as he damn well pleases without repercussions, but everyone goes down. ABC knew what they were getting into bed with when they rebooted Roseanne. I'm black and I think Roseanne is batshit crazy, but I don't think she's racist and I totally believe her when she says that she didn't know that Valerie Jarrett was black. I know black people who didn't know that Valerie Jarrett was black.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2018 6:50 PM

True, R36. Let the viewers decide. Unfortunately, shows also depend on sponsors, and how many were going to buy airtime if she'd have stayed. As someone else said - it's show BUSINESS. It's the ad revenue that runs network TV.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2018 6:52 PM

I know of a celebrity that carefully chose a light-skinned black person to call an ape, so she'd have a cover story when the shit hits the fan, the lying cunt. She learned that from calling Condaleeza and ape years earlier.

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2018 6:54 PM

[quote]The show seems to be centered around Sara Gilbert's character anyway

The most boring cast member, what a great idea.

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2018 6:55 PM

R1 excellent point....I think we as a society can be overly politically correct. We all have differences (which can be seen here too) and we should be able to discuss and appreciate others thoughts - that's how you learn (granted I know there are extremes).

We shouldn't get offended so quickly and block someone else's thoughts/views.

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2018 6:56 PM

You make an excellent point R37, yet somehow the lying, idiotic, fake Fox News can't stop raking in the ad revenue. Someone would have advertised on her show.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2018 6:59 PM

A person can only watch so many life insurance and sleep number ads, R41.

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2018 7:02 PM

Meh. Once she posted racist shit for the world to see I lost any sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2018 7:08 PM

R5, that would make a good Halloween episode.

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2018 7:13 PM

Deplorable fantasy. ABC had a plan in place in case Roseanne went off the rails (as everyone assumed she would). There was a reason her social media was wiped clean before the start of the reboot. She was put on a short leash and violated their agreement. There was no "knee-jerk" reaction, it was part of the deal: any stupid political stunts and you're out. That's why she had no leverage to stop them, and why they were able to rebound so quickly.

I don't think the show will do as well without her, but I also don't believe for a second that this was some rapid unexpected response to Roseanne SHOCK! doing something offensive.

by Anonymousreply 45October 13, 2018 7:44 PM

No - people don't want Rosanne. Maybe the Trumpers - but sooner rather than later Rosanne would have imploded. It was just a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2018 7:54 PM

I think The Conners is more likely to be a success than Roseanne will ever have a significant comeback. I know that will break a lot of hearts....

by Anonymousreply 47October 13, 2018 7:55 PM

Oh yeah, r47? I guess you haven't heard Roseanne is already going to have a comeback. She's going to have a new show, on YouTube, so there!

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2018 7:58 PM

There are no winners here. ABC fucked up...Roseanne fucked up. Why can't people just breathe, and react with some thought after....typical Americans

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2018 8:07 PM

Nobody needs Roseanne for this or any other thing. Jesus. She's a severely mentally ill individual who should enter treatment, take her medication, stay out of the public eye and leave decent people alone.

And she's a racist fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2018 8:13 PM

This re-reboot will be lucky to get 1/3 the ratings. Whoever thought it was a good idea to make Sara Gilbert the lead of a major project should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2018 8:18 PM

Disney could have had Roseanne donate a large sum of money to Black Lives Matter and apologized to Jarrett and gone on. When Dungey made her bad decision based on her personal feelings, it set up a Roseanne vs Dungey situation, and the company had to side with Dungey for PR reasons. The company should replace Dungey with someone who can be objective and more concerned with the bottom line.

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2018 8:19 PM

Roseanne can die in A grease fire

by Anonymousreply 53October 13, 2018 8:20 PM

Roseanne-Kanye 2024

by Anonymousreply 54October 13, 2018 8:22 PM

The source for this is Breitbart. The reviews for The Conners are already positive.

by Anonymousreply 55October 13, 2018 8:40 PM

Reviews don’t mean shit

by Anonymousreply 56October 13, 2018 8:42 PM

The "everything is hunky dory" promos are somewhat unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 57October 13, 2018 8:47 PM

You know that crazy cunt Roseanne posts here.

by Anonymousreply 58October 13, 2018 8:48 PM

Deplorables google “Roseanne” and are often directed here, a gossip board. Most of these posts are by fat -assed fake kkkristians spending their day defending their fellow kkk. The show is getting great reviews and will do very well. Deplorables are only 1/3 of our country.

by Anonymousreply 59October 13, 2018 8:56 PM

[quote]The "everything is hunky dory" promos are somewhat unsettling.

Exactly! To have everyone be so upbeat and happy about Roseanne's death and set it to happy music is just gross. But I think they did that because they didn't kill off Roseanne. She's just in the hospital recuperating from complications from surgery.

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2018 9:04 PM

No, they're going to kill her off, it's in the can. She's gone - thank all gods.

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2018 9:16 PM

Roseanne never owned the show or the character. Carsey Warner does. So anyone claiming that Roseanne had her rights stripped away is lying. ABC had already committed to paying the cast and writers. Continuing this season of a new show keeps the workers employed. If it doesn’t work, no big deal. Roseanne was clearly warned against doing offensive shit and she couldn’t help herself.

Now she’s free to tweet anything she likes without worrying about representing anyone but herself. Congrats, Roseanne!

by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2018 9:27 PM

[quote]I may have to watch "The Connors" just to prove ABC and the deplorables screaming about this wrong.

1. "Conners," not "Connors."

2. Unless you're (1) a Nielsen family and (2) in the target demographic, no one cares whether or not you watch it.

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2018 9:32 PM

R63, DVR and online streams are counted towards ratings. It’s no longer Nielsen.

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2018 9:36 PM

[quote] Roseanne never owned the show or the character.

Barr owned the character. ABC was forced to buy her out. The credits were always: Based on the character created by Roseanne Barr.

by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2018 9:37 PM

I cut my cable TV off 2 years ago and do not miss it. Hooked my screen to my laptop. I would rather read about Roseanne than watch it that crap. My friends get excited telling me AHS.

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2018 9:37 PM

The only thing more desperate than deplorables trying to save Rosie is the thirst of those while need this reboot to be a hit

by Anonymousreply 67October 13, 2018 9:45 PM

If they really killed her off then why is the family so happy? That's really fucked up for them to be dancing on their mom's grave and playing it for comedy. The kids and Jackie would be devastated if Roseanne died, not be happy go lucky.

by Anonymousreply 68October 13, 2018 9:53 PM

What's with all the redhats on this thread? Roseanne is a mentally unbalanced racist who believes (and then shouts out) every single racist conspiracy theory she has. Few people have been given as many second chances as she has, and she fucks every one of them up because she CAN'T NOT. So, they pulled the plug on her. Good.

I'm happy to see what the show can be without her. I'll be watching. If it's decent, I'll keep watching, if it's not, I won't. Everyone else can do the same. None of this is as controversial as posters here would have you believe. A racist person got fired from their job. The workplace went on without them. It may or may not end up working out. That's the extent of it.

by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2018 10:05 PM

[quote]"Conners," not "Connors."

Forgive me for not spelling their fictitious surname correctly. I never professed to watch this dreck before, but I will now. Well, I may just DVR it and let it play back while I take a shower or go for a walk so that my cable provider reports a full viewing, including the commercials (which makes me a more valuable viewer regardless of my lack of being in the desired demographic). You see, I'm hip to how TV ratings are gathered in the digital era. It's fun fucking with their Qs!

by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2018 10:11 PM

They should have left the show for dead.

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2018 10:16 PM

Of course they should have left it for dead, they should leave all these dumb reboots for dead, film or tv. It's all warmed over crap.

And fucking Roseanne can move to DC and blow Trump every day until they both die.

by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2018 10:47 PM

R70 is thirsty

by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2018 10:52 PM

College football is all people care about tonight.

by Anonymousreply 74October 13, 2018 11:07 PM

R70 may be thirsty, but R70 is right.

I don't want to actually watch the fucking thing (didn't watch it when the racist cunt was on either) but I can play back the DVR while I do something else.

by Anonymousreply 75October 13, 2018 11:25 PM

Of course it's good PR for all the cast to say that they miss Roseanne, and it's the nice thing to do to help keep Roseanne's mood in check. But I've worked with some crazy people, and I would have to imagine that it's a relief to have her out of the picture. I watched most of the reboot episodes, and I really felt that Roseanne was kind of a weak link, and Goodman and Metcalf were carrying her. I'm interested to see what happens with the show, and I do think it can succeed.

by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2018 11:25 PM

Breitbart is a racist p.o.s. Online right wing rag. I don’t believe anything they or their deplorable low IQ readers ,commenters, or contributors write. Come on people. ABC did the right thing in firing RB. She has been mentally ill for a long time. The last she needs is to have a platform for her racist sick views. She and Kanye both need some heavy duty therapy and medication. I wish them well. Roseanne show was just another dime a dozen sitcom. Better than some but nothing that was life changing. I wish them all well but Roseanne depressed me. Racist Trump supporters have that effect.

by Anonymousreply 77October 13, 2018 11:42 PM

Right wing trolls support Roseanne, that's all.

Goodman and Metcalf are *real* actors with *real* talent. Roseanne was a talented stand up comedienne at one time, as an actress she's never been anything close to talented.

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2018 11:46 PM

Mail Online ???

by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2018 11:51 PM

Get Rosie to play Roseanne. Roseanne’s too feeble now.

by Anonymousreply 80October 13, 2018 11:59 PM

Dan needs to start dating. Different guest stars every week. Rosie is a lesbian and would nor be a good match. Dating guest star Options could include Reba, Actress from Designing women, etc test them out and the highest rating actress might could get a 2nd year. Some actresses would love a high paying sitcom. Who wants to marry Dan?

by Anonymousreply 81October 14, 2018 12:08 AM

R1 How brilliant! That would have been awesome.

by Anonymousreply 82October 14, 2018 12:27 AM

I think it’s fine she was fired, I personally wouldn’t care if she were dead. I don’t think it matters much if the Connors stays on or gets canceled. I don’t get the people rooting for the show and especially for Roseanne. But whatever, to each their own.

by Anonymousreply 83October 14, 2018 12:33 AM

Dan should marry a Black Actress with children. Brady Bunch Mixed family.

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2018 12:36 AM

Will they bring in a "Cousin Oliver?"

by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2018 12:40 AM

Who knew datalounge had a lot of Roseanne fans, haha!

I think it's great they killed her, I find that to be hilarious! Her show's reboot was midwestern dreck!

by Anonymousreply 86October 14, 2018 12:45 AM

I hate her, she is extremely stupid and ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 87October 14, 2018 12:46 AM

There are two right-wing cunts who talk up Roseanne here, Erna and Pooshoes.

Normal people despise that fat, racist, un-medicated cunt who can't keep her goddamn mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 88October 14, 2018 12:47 AM

I'm no fan of Roseanne. The bitch is awful and crazy. Still doesn't mean that ABC handled this situation correctly.

by Anonymousreply 89October 14, 2018 12:51 AM

And I care how ABC handled ridding itself of a racist pycho cunt because?

by Anonymousreply 90October 14, 2018 12:53 AM

No wants to watch a show based around Darlene. She was the one who was supposed to leave Lanford and make something of herself, not move back home like a 40 yr old loser

by Anonymousreply 91October 14, 2018 12:53 AM

Phylicia Rashad would be perfect for the new Neighbor for recently widowed Mr. Conner. Hello!

by Anonymousreply 92October 14, 2018 12:58 AM

R37 but they fired her before any sponsors pulled out. I think Roseanne is nuts but I also think everyone overreacted. I also believe her when she said she didn't know VJ was black. On another note, She just did Joe Rogan podcast the other day and shes out there. Like even Joe couldn't follow her logic in some instances.

Just to reiterate, not a fan of Roseanne or Joe Rogan but when I heard she was doing an interview I wanted to see what she had to say after the dust had settled. That being said, I could only listen to about 5 mind before turning it off

by Anonymousreply 93October 14, 2018 1:04 AM

What difference does it make whether sponsors had pulled out or not? Hint: it makes no fucking difference, she said what she said.

What difference does it make whether Dumb Cunt knew that Valerie Jarrett was Black? Hint: it makes no fucking difference, she said what she said.

Crazy Racist Cunt Roseanne cooked her own goose. Period. She can shut the fuck up about it now and so can the people making tired, pathetic excuses for her.

by Anonymousreply 94October 14, 2018 1:08 AM

Mr. Conners wife just died a racist Twitter death and Mrs Huxtables husband is in jail for rape. WTF

by Anonymousreply 95October 14, 2018 1:09 AM

I blame greedy Sara Gilbert for this entire mess. She and ABC knew what they were getting with Roseanne. They never should have done the reboot in the first place. At least there are no psychos connected to W&G or MB.

by Anonymousreply 96October 14, 2018 1:17 AM

So, Roseanne has been quiet on Twitter. Did ABC pay her off? Is she on her meds?

I agree the show should not be centered around Darlene. Sara is so low energy. I thought Becky was funnier and more interesting in the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 97October 14, 2018 1:36 AM

I didn't watch the Roseanne reboot but I will tune into this show because I want it to succeed without Roseanne. Then again I doubt if TPTB know what every DVR is recording or every person is watching unless they're part of a ratings things.

by Anonymousreply 98October 14, 2018 2:14 AM

Darlene couldn’t carry the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 14, 2018 2:19 AM

I think the show will center around Darlene, but Becky will certainly play prominently. I'm guessing she'll be the 'surprise' pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 100October 14, 2018 2:20 AM

Cunty CUnty Cunty CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 101October 14, 2018 2:21 AM

Roseanne has always been controversial and you only need to look at the series credits and its bit players over the years to see how she incorporated her personal life and her headline-making news/scandals into the show.

Season one had her first husband (retired postal worker, I believe) playing a bit part as one of Dan's friends he was also credited as a consultant on the show for years.

Enter the untalented sweat stain, Roseanne's new squeeze, Tom Arnold in season two. He came out of nowhere yet was writing episodes and stinking up the set with his awful character "Arnie."

Season three opens with Roseanne entering, pausing and saying "What a great morning I feel like breaking into song!" That was thrown in there because of the scandal that erupted when she sang (yelled, grabbed her crotch and spit) the Nation Anthem at a Padres game.

The point is she's always been this way and the network knew who she was and allowed the writers to incorporate bits of the more innocuous bits into wink-wink moments on the show, but the climate in 2018 is so PC/SJW to the point of extremism. I do think ABC underestimated the character's appeal and the hellstorm that's brewing because they killed off an iconic character, the show's namesake for goodness sake.

by Anonymousreply 102October 14, 2018 2:24 AM

[quote]The only thing more desperate than deplorables trying to save Rosie is the thirst of those while need this reboot to be a hit

Why is that desperate R67 ? I despise Rosanne Barr and I would love the reboot to be a success just because I know Roseann wants it to fail (probably some of her fans too.) Haha - small victory but it would be fun.

by Anonymousreply 103October 14, 2018 2:29 AM

Watching this last season, it seemed the powers-that-be knew it was only a matter of time before she'd implode. The very last episode I thought actually foreshadowed her death. Probably unbeknownst to her, they gave her a drug problem in case they had to kill her off. Wouldn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2018 2:29 AM

I never got why she was tweeting about Valerie Jarrett when she did. Wasn't Jarrett old news by then? What does she do now that was bothering Roseanne?

by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2018 2:42 AM

If I remember correctly, R105, she was responding to someone who tweeted her about Jarrett.

by Anonymousreply 106October 14, 2018 2:47 AM

R102, honey, nobody with any taste or sense wants to see Roseanne Barr in anything ever again. It's not the fault of SJW PC LMNOP whatevers, it's HER fault and she knows it.

Let me type that again, just so that it is crystal fucking clear:

EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED TO ROSEANNE BARR'S TV SHOW WAS ROSEANNE BARR'S FAULT.

All of it, every bit of it, everything that happened was her fucking fault. She was stupid, high, crazy, what the fuck ever, it doesn't matter. She blew her comeback so it's bye bye ya racist bitch for Roseanne fucking Barr.

Thinking someone's white doesn't make twitting racist shit acceptable. It's still racist shit.

by Anonymousreply 107October 14, 2018 2:52 AM

The biggest reason the reboot got a brief spike in popularity was because Trumpster's flocked to the show initially. If she didn't turn into a crazy ass racist Trump supporter, the reboot wouldn't have been that big of a deal. She really didn't bring much to the show in the reboot, she wasn't *that* remarkably funny in any of the episodes tbh.

by Anonymousreply 108October 14, 2018 2:57 AM

What a stupid article... Keeping her would have been a worse decision because she's a loose cannon who would tweet worse things if they keep letting her off the hook. ABC already took a chance on her with the reboot when she had such a horrendous social media track record that she had to scrub her whole account, and yet she still couldn't control herself.

by Anonymousreply 109October 14, 2018 3:02 AM

R107, your post shows exactly how the SJW mentality has completely taken over and how everyone should be instantly tarred and feathered because they said something you don't like. I happen to think Nick Jonas looks like a chimp. Is that "racist?" The word RACISM has been co-opted by the idiot SJWs who haven't a clue of the true definition of racism.

by Anonymousreply 110October 14, 2018 3:03 AM

Just because there's a mentally ill person in the WH does not mean you want a mentally ill person head-lining your show, ABC!

by Anonymousreply 111October 14, 2018 3:03 AM

Yeah it was weird because you could tell Roseanne had a 'whatever' attitude about the reboot. There was an insincerity there that wasn't there during the original run. She just recited her lines but she didn't seem to put much effort. Like the scene where she goes to her grandson's school to talk to the students, there was a lack of warmth that the Roseanne of the '90s would have brought.

Even if they thought they reacted too quickly, you know Roseanne tweeted or said something stupid down the line (again).

by Anonymousreply 112October 14, 2018 3:06 AM

I wonder if Colin would be able to kneel through another butchering of the National Anthem by this crazy racist bitch - I'd be running from the stadium.

by Anonymousreply 113October 14, 2018 3:07 AM

How did the reboot happen? Wasn't it Gilbert who wanted to be back doing scripted series and who initiated the talks with ABC? So, Roseanne the Trumpster was not an issue whatsoever around this time last year?

by Anonymousreply 114October 14, 2018 3:11 AM

R110, are you that inept and dense that you can't understand that referring to a black person as a monkey is racist? Does someone need to explain this to you like you're a 2 year old?

by Anonymousreply 115October 14, 2018 3:14 AM

I don't know what reviews you folks are looking at but the small handful I've seen are mixed-negative. Not as bad as those for the Murphy Brown reboot, but I'm guessing no one wants to make it seem like they're supporting a racist by saying how they really feel.

by Anonymousreply 116October 14, 2018 3:19 AM

I have a sentimental attachment to the show. It meant a great deal to me as a kid, and watching the reboot was like eating comfort food.

I think Roseanne is mentality ill and wish someone had been able to get through to her.

I have no interest in watching The Connors. I love many of the supporting characters but the show's chemistry is dependent on Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 117October 14, 2018 3:21 AM

It would have been better to keep all of the remaining cast, and put them in a new sitcom which has nothing to do with the Conner universe. Roseanne Conner being dead is too depressing.

by Anonymousreply 118October 14, 2018 3:23 AM

Agree with r21 and r23. I liked the original run a lot, but I believe I had stopped watching it even before the last, disastrous season. I purposely avoided the reboot because Roseanne the person is, like all the other people who gave us Donald Trump as president, a fucking idiot.

No interest in watching The Conners either. I like Laurie Metcalf a lot, but she, Goodman and Gilbert knew who they were getting into bed with. I also have zero interest in watching the Murphy Brown reboot, another show I think I mostly liked in its original run. I started watching the first episode of the Will & Grace reboot, but it was all about Trump, so I didn't finish it (right now I need TV to be a respite from the horrors of the daily real world) and never went back. What is up with all these MFing reboots? I know there's Netflix, Amazon, Hulu...a gazillion cable channels, so a larger-than-ever demand for content, but for god's sake, stop it with the reboots and remakes. I'm currently not watching any network TV.

by Anonymousreply 119October 14, 2018 3:38 AM

Killing her off does seem sort of brutal. As crazy as Roseanne Barr is I liked Roseanne Conner.

I don't know why they just didn't have Sara Gilbert move out and set the show at her house with the others dropping in.

by Anonymousreply 120October 14, 2018 3:42 AM

What people ?

by Anonymousreply 121October 14, 2018 3:45 AM

R107 said he didn't care if Roseanne thought Jarrett was white it was "racist" just the same. I was pointing out that many white people say other white people look like animals. Birds and chimps being the most common. I know exactly what I was saying.

by Anonymousreply 122October 14, 2018 3:45 AM

R122 was in reply to R115.

by Anonymousreply 123October 14, 2018 3:46 AM

Different Roseanne on Joy Behar a few years back. Hated Reagan, loved Carter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 14, 2018 3:49 AM

"Killing her off does seem sort of brutal."

How else would they explain her absence from the show? That she ran away to "find herself?" Killing her off was the only thing to do.

These two "senior executives" at ABC sound like utter assholes whose only concern is money. Racist comments? Oh well they're unfortunate, but nobody deserves to be FIRED for them! They just want Rosanne Barr's fat ass on tv again because she has a lot of idiot fans who would watch her show. Who cares if she's a lunatic bigot? As long as she's on a show that brings in money she's ok by us!

by Anonymousreply 125October 14, 2018 3:57 AM

They knew she was a loose cannon and they warned her about what would happen if she fucked up. She ignored the warnings. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 126October 14, 2018 4:17 AM

R30 That's PR bunk. There's no way they could keep her from making profits from the new show. They're saying that to pull the wool over people's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 127October 14, 2018 4:18 AM

So did they. Ignore the obvious signs that Roseanne is a loose cannon, that is.

by Anonymousreply 128October 14, 2018 4:19 AM

Links to reviews, please.

by Anonymousreply 129October 14, 2018 4:24 AM

She has said stuff in the press that eludes to her getting a huge payout to turn over the show to ABC.

by Anonymousreply 130October 14, 2018 4:26 AM

[quote] ...that eludes to her getting...

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 131October 14, 2018 4:29 AM

[quote]Roseanne kept saying on the call before she was fired "What can I do? What can I do?"

Die?

(Please?)

by Anonymousreply 132October 14, 2018 4:33 AM

[R10]It wouldn't be surprising if both Goodman and Metcalf exited afterwards, regardless of the ratings.

Wouldn’t they have signed — at a minimum — three year contracts?

by Anonymousreply 133October 14, 2018 4:36 AM

No need for that, R132, she's been morbidly obese for her entire life so she has already arranged her early departure.

by Anonymousreply 134October 14, 2018 4:37 AM

No, R133, they have one season at most with options that may or may not be exercised by the network.

by Anonymousreply 135October 14, 2018 4:39 AM

So R135, are you saying they all willingly signed on to do The Conners?

by Anonymousreply 136October 14, 2018 4:45 AM

[quote]R135 No, they have one season at most with options that may or may not be exercised by the network

But I am saying, those options are at the discretion of the network, right? It’s not like the actors have the option to just take off...until a certain number of years have passed. I’d suppose 3.

by Anonymousreply 137October 14, 2018 5:53 AM

[quote]R133 So [R135], are you saying they all willingly signed on to do The Conners

It’s the same show just with a new name....same characters, same set, same everything just minus 1 costar....i’m sure that’s all covered in the fine print of the contracts. It wouldn’t be a new deal.

by Anonymousreply 138October 14, 2018 5:56 AM

I tend to think that it actually would be a new deal. Think of it in the reverse. What if Metcalf signed on to do a sitcom starring some normal actor and then suddenly they replaced that person with Bill O'Reilly or someone extreme. I'm sure there would be a way out for Metcalf.

by Anonymousreply 139October 14, 2018 6:00 AM

Mmmmmm.....if they have costar approval, the network couldn’t just recast Roseanne Connie with, say, Sandy Duncan. But if a cast mate is fired (or dies, or quits) that doesn’t mean everyone else lands a Get Out of Jail Free card.

by Anonymousreply 140October 14, 2018 6:21 AM

CONNOR! Not “Connie”

by Anonymousreply 141October 14, 2018 6:21 AM

Something drastic happened to Roseanne maybe 3 or 4 years ago. She has changed her ideology so completely it's frightening. She even trashed Joy Behar on Twitter, when a few years back on her Twitter Roseanne suggested she should be president. It's really fucking weird. She had turned into the living example of what happens to old people when all they watch is Fox News.

As for Roseanne discussion on DL, there's always been threads on the original run. Google them - lots of great discussion going back to as far as DL threads are archived (maybe 2008). The original run was one of the first series to be gay positive, so it's little wonder it has a huge gay fanbase.

I'm going to watch TC because I'm still very attached to the show. I liked last session even if RB herself was clearly the weakest link by far in the acting bunch. It will be weird to not have Roseanne there, but the reviews are encouraging. And having the character die of an opioid overdose is fitting, and super relevant.

by Anonymousreply 142October 14, 2018 6:21 AM

[quote]She had turned into the living example of what happens to old people when all they watch is Fox News.

Roseanne has her own ideas though. I wouldn't say you could classify her as a typical republican or Fox News watcher. I follow her on Twitter. I usually read twitter late at night before I go to be. That is her main tweeting time. (since she is in Hawaii)

She is all over the map politically. She'd say something that sounded totally repug and then on another issue she'd be totally democrat.

by Anonymousreply 143October 14, 2018 6:36 AM

FUCK THE FAT, NAZI NUTJOB!

by Anonymousreply 144October 14, 2018 6:56 AM

I'm mostly hoping David takes a bath this season...Course watching him play STRAIGHT will be a hoot....Once so adorable. Now so Plump and sloppy. PS----coming OUT didn't hurt Jim Parsons career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 14, 2018 7:08 AM

I think the first episode at least will do well since there's the morbid factor of seeing some "beloved" asshole get killed off in whatever fashion. Show's a trainwreck. People would be rubbernecking.

by Anonymousreply 146October 14, 2018 7:52 AM

Roseanne the actress is irrelevant, but the Roseanne the character is vital for the show. ABC shouldn't have made a production decision based on the personal life of the actress. They should figure a way to integrate her back in.

by Anonymousreply 147October 14, 2018 8:06 AM

PERFECT SOLUTION ---------JACKIE Connor wakes up-----goes into the kitchen and finds her HUSBAND DAN making breakfast for their kids, dj, Becky and Darlene.....Jackie says she had a dream about a sister, but she is an only child. The family laughs and Dan and Jackie have been married since high school..And their priority is their adult kids and grandkids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 14, 2018 9:11 AM

It's The ConnErs. Why is that so hard to understand (or spell?) I agree wholeheartedly with R147. This will be Channing Dungey's Waterloo.

by Anonymousreply 149October 14, 2018 3:44 PM

It's not too late! Bring her back ....by the way, I'm black, gay and a democrat....it's not just white republicans who support Roseanne. She made a mistake,,,,fuck off and move on.

by Anonymousreply 150October 14, 2018 4:17 PM

This will be Channing Dungey's Waterloo.

Maybe not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 14, 2018 7:19 PM

[quote]Fans of her show have watched her character confront prejudice and racism - we could've made this a storyline for her to save the show and redeem her publicly.'

Why? She'd just turn right around and fuck it up again?

The Jarrett tweets were not the forst time she had been warned last season.

Awwww, look... see, Roseanne made an apology and all is well again. ONE WEEK LATER: "I THOUGHT THE BITCH WAS WHITE! FUCK!!!"

You can't reform crazy. ABC/Dungey made the right decision.

by Anonymousreply 152October 14, 2018 7:19 PM

The thread title is 'People want Roseanne!' ABC Fears The Conners will crash without her..."

I think ABC should have let sleeping dogs lie. They cancelled the series, fired Roseanne and then decided to retool it as The Conners.

Now they're shitting bricks because the feedback is negative and viewers are angry they killed off the show's matriarch, namesake and main character. Fuck them. Either bring her back or own your shit.

by Anonymousreply 153October 14, 2018 9:27 PM

Bring back Mrs Huxtable

by Anonymousreply 154October 14, 2018 9:32 PM

[quote]I'm glad ABC fired her. I also don't give a fuck if The Conners fails. Reboots suck. The Murphy Brown reboot is appallingly bad, and the Will & Grace reboot is almost as horrible. And Roseanne is a fucking despicable, batshit crazy person who does not deserve a public forum on network TV every fucking week. She's bad enough with her insane Tweets and deplorable interviews.

+1

by Anonymousreply 155October 14, 2018 9:36 PM

[quote]Why? She'd just turn right around and fuck it up again? The Jarrett tweets were not the first time she had been warned last season. Awwww, look... see, Roseanne made an apology and all is well again. ONE WEEK LATER: "I THOUGHT THE BITCH WAS WHITE! FUCK!!!"

Maybe it's time to stop making production decisions based on the personal lives and comments of the actors. People don't expect actors to be normal or do normal things.

by Anonymousreply 156October 14, 2018 9:57 PM

[quote]R156 Maybe it's time to stop making production decisions based on the personal lives and comments of the actors. People don't expect actors to be normal or do normal things.

Yeah, we should save that kind of scrutiny for, like....Supreme Court Judges.

Oh, wait....

by Anonymousreply 157October 14, 2018 10:20 PM

[quote]At least there are no psychos connected to W&G

Let me tell you about Deb Messing...

by Anonymousreply 158October 14, 2018 10:46 PM

Roseanne ruined the last 2 seasons of the original series. A lot of the creative team left between 93-95 and Roseanne was much more involved in storylines including the dreadful last lottery season.

The show was supposed to end in 96 which was why lecy goranson was brought back as Becky. Also Jerry Garcia’s death in the summer of 95 fucked up a major plot line of the show. Dan and Roseanne were going to have one last hurrah before their daughter was born and go to a greatful dead concert and Roseanne going into labor and giving birth there. Garcia died and Roseanne rewrote the arc with changing the sex of the baby to a girl and having the Halloween episode be a bizarre tribute to Garcia and Roseanne having “Jerry Garcia Conner”

by Anonymousreply 159October 14, 2018 10:56 PM

That should be changing the sex of the baby from a girl to a boy

by Anonymousreply 160October 14, 2018 10:57 PM

Roseanne will have the last laugh. The people who made the decision are unbelievably stupid.

by Anonymousreply 161October 14, 2018 11:00 PM

John Goodman was on Jimmy Kimmel a few weeks ago, and when asked about Roseanne he kind of stuck up for her, saying, "She's always been my buddy," and looking very sad. Of course, since he's lost all that weight he always looks like a sad basset hound, but still...

It's ironic, considering his character was brought back from the dead and now Roseanne's character has been killed off.

by Anonymousreply 162October 14, 2018 11:09 PM

word is it sucks

Melissa gilbert

really????

by Anonymousreply 163October 14, 2018 11:11 PM

MY favorite Connor will always be the one from Amazing Race...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 14, 2018 11:40 PM

This is the only way they could have saved the show without Rosanne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 14, 2018 11:44 PM

[quote]As for Roseanne discussion on DL, there's always been threads on the original run. Google them - lots of great discussion going back to as far as DL threads are archived (maybe 2008). The original run was one of the first series to be gay positive, so it's little wonder it has a huge gay fanbase.

[quote]I'm going to watch TC because I'm still very attached to the show. I liked last session even if RB herself was clearly the weakest link by far in the acting bunch. It will be weird to not have Roseanne there, but the reviews are encouraging. And having the character die of an opioid overdose is fitting, and super relevant.

I remember a lot of the old threads about Roseanne from years back. It was sort of fun to post about the original show. I was a fan of the original show in part because I grew up in a family that struggled financially for several years and I liked how the original portrayed that. The gay positive storylines on the original show were also a huge plus.

I've disliked Roseanne as a person for a long time after reading about how she treated the writers and other employees during the the original show. But, I still had a soft spot for the show and watch reruns if I stumbled onto them on cable.

by Anonymousreply 166October 14, 2018 11:44 PM

In OP's link, Barr & Goodman both look as if they are going to drop dead at any second.

Barr looks like a escaped mental patient.

by Anonymousreply 167October 14, 2018 11:49 PM

When the reboot happened, ABC should've put a clause in her contract that forbid Roseanne from being on social media. When you KNOW a person is an unstable nut, social media is a ticking time bomb.

by Anonymousreply 168October 14, 2018 11:52 PM

R162 Goodman is loyal to her but she’s not to him. A few years ago he was doing a play on broadway and was profiled in the times or New Yorker. Tom Arnold was quoted extensively in the article and noted as one of Goodman’s closest friends. Roseanne went apeshit on twitter and posted a bunch things about Goodman’s drug and alcohol problems during the show.

Arnold said nothing about Roseanne in the article and Goodman was gracious about her but she was an unhinged cunt because Goodman was friends with Tom Arnold.

by Anonymousreply 169October 15, 2018 12:25 AM

Look at all the KKKristian Deplorables flocking to this thread! LOL

by Anonymousreply 170October 15, 2018 12:36 AM

R167 I thought the same thing too. I see Barr being dead with 2-3 years.

by Anonymousreply 171October 15, 2018 12:44 AM

Roseanne: chain smoker

what a cunty mess

by Anonymousreply 172October 15, 2018 3:06 AM

Speaking of Jerry Garcia Conner, what happened with that character in the reboot? I haven't watched at all- no interest in any of these shitty reboots. Please get some new ideas- but I never heard that character mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 173October 15, 2018 3:31 AM

That Joy Behar interview shows a sane and self aware Roseanne and a Joy Behar without dementia. Times change. The whole fucking Conners thing is a great cluster fuck of everything fucked. AND of no importance. There is no Roseanne without Roseanne. Basic. I was a child when it started, so I know the original show better from reruns. The show had some magic chemistry and a weird heart to it.

The network made a greedy and stupid decision to continue on with the show. Barr should be fired - she wasn't going to make it through another press tour anyway. Not all her points are wrong. So the show stops. What happened next was wrong and stupid and greedy. The show has no legacy anyways - the "ending" was fucked up way more than a few times already. But they didn't have to wring the piss out of it. There's no goodbye loss. Not like "You ruined Seinfeld" or what the fucks up with "The Sopranos" one off, forever piss off. Piss off ABC.

by Anonymousreply 174October 15, 2018 4:51 AM

R145 He's a religious nut. So is the guy playing DJ.

by Anonymousreply 175October 15, 2018 5:48 AM

"Not all her points are wrong. "

And could you elucidate those points? I'm sure they would spark a lively conversation.

In the meantime, it's the Daily Fail. Of course they're going to condemn a show that fired their racist star. Who knows who the" top ranking executives" might be. Some elderly Trump supporters? Somebody in charge of catering? Roseanne herself? She was an executive producer, wasn't she?

ABC was desperate to make the show's success about how they had their finger on the pulse of middle America. "The real America" that elected Trump. They were all behind their deplorable star. And then they got spanked by social media and the contract they drew up.

Tough shit, ABC.

by Anonymousreply 176October 15, 2018 6:11 AM

I think they said Jerry Garcia Conner is serving in the United States Navy.

by Anonymousreply 177October 15, 2018 6:25 AM

I like Roseanne. So she got drunk one night, Still should know better but the show tackled issues fairly for the backwards states.

by Anonymousreply 178October 15, 2018 6:29 AM

The network invested a lot of money in funding the reboot and publicizing it. Of course they’ll try to keep all that afloat till they can recoup the losses.

It’s not “greedy,” as r174 claims; it’s just standard business practices.

by Anonymousreply 179October 15, 2018 6:43 AM

It wasn’t the navy, cherry Garcia is on one of those Alaskan fishing boats

by Anonymousreply 180October 15, 2018 2:29 PM

One night r178? You obviously aren’t familiar with her. She hates your gay ass and you better not be black or Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 181October 15, 2018 2:44 PM

Roseanne’s career should have ended when she falsely accused her father of molesting her.

by Anonymousreply 182October 15, 2018 2:45 PM

They just showed a new promo and it was all drama. That's what I want to see in a comedy series - a family mourning their mother. Fuck this show.

by Anonymousreply 183October 15, 2018 3:16 PM

See what happens when liberals fire a true patriotic American for expressing her views? The show crashes. Hollywood is the enemy of the people.

by Anonymousreply 184October 15, 2018 3:31 PM

R184, see what happens when ABC execs kill off the namesake of a show, its tent character - as longtime fans of the show - Dems, Repubs. and Independents refuse to tune in.

by Anonymousreply 185October 15, 2018 3:43 PM

The reviews of the spinoff are great. I’m excited to watch.

by Anonymousreply 186October 15, 2018 3:46 PM

Everyone will watch to see the characters react to Roseanne's death. After that the ratings will sink like a stone.

And as far as Goodman goes, he has never said a bad word about her. Whatever drug or alcohol problems he had, he certainly seems to have overcome, along with his weight issues. There were MANY YEARS when his weight was massively out of control, along with the drinking and coke rumors. I would not have been surprised at news of his death. However, he has built an impressive resume of films and Broadway appearances and hopefully one day will get a well deserved Oscar nod.

Of course, I'm from St Louis and he is our favorite son.

by Anonymousreply 187October 15, 2018 3:48 PM

Financially and politically speaking, the network should've waited and investigated. Roseanne is mentally ill and there are doubts surrounding whether or not she was using the insult as a racial slur or as a figurative one. (She claims she wasn't aware of the race of the person she was referring to.)

They should've been PROGRESSIVE and used this as an opportunity for awareness, discourse and redemption personally, politically and creatively but alas it didnt happen.

I hope this show finds a solid voice and does well.

by Anonymousreply 188October 15, 2018 4:01 PM

R188: This has been explained to you up-thread. This wasn't the first time she's pulled this shit. STOP. MAKING. SHIT. UP!

by Anonymousreply 189October 15, 2018 4:27 PM

R189 Simmer down, pumpkin. You replied to my one and only post in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 190October 15, 2018 4:50 PM

They should have found a hot guy to recast DJ with. Michael Fishman can barely act and they obviously avoided giving him anything substantial to do — I think he was only in about four of the reboot episodes.

by Anonymousreply 191October 15, 2018 5:19 PM

Obviously Roseanne is unstable, but she had already run for President once before, so I wonder if her more extreme behaviour was geared towards setting herself up for another run. She saw that it worked for Trump, so she may have thought it might work for her.

I don't think she counted on running into the double standard for women because she had mostly gotten away with parroting obnoxious male behaviour in the past.

by Anonymousreply 192October 15, 2018 5:23 PM

The reviews do often single out DJ as the weak link. I haven't been able to see any of the episodes yet, personally, just a few clips on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2018 5:23 PM

I doubt she’ll be hired for anything, except to be exploited by Right Wing Extremists, for quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 194October 15, 2018 7:33 PM

I still don't understand what she did so wrong? The asshole in the whitehouse says things 100x's worse on a daily basis, but that fucker with a tiny mushroom cock still has his job!

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2018 8:07 PM

R195, people protect him. No one had the balls to come to Roseanne's defense. They either joined the chorus of condemnations or stood by silently while she was left twisting in the wind. Now Sara is feasting on her corpse. I hope this show dies a quick death.

by Anonymousreply 196October 15, 2018 9:23 PM

I see nothing that proves TV Land is showing Racist Roseanne's reruns again. I've checked their schedule, Googled it and went to their Twitter feed.

I think all this ABC is sorry and reruns are coming back crap is just some wishful right wing fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 197October 16, 2018 2:04 AM

R197 money talks. Both The Cosby Show and Seventh Heaven quietly returned to syndication after their respective scandals. If Roseanne reruns are not back in syndication now they will be soon.

by Anonymousreply 198October 16, 2018 2:19 AM

CMT is airing Roseanne reruns again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 16, 2018 2:26 AM

There are several things deplorables wouldn't like about the original Roseanne series. It had a bit of liberal slant.

by Anonymousreply 200October 16, 2018 2:32 AM

"Roseanne will have the last laugh. The people who made the decision are unbelievably stupid."

Shut up Roseanne, you ugly fat racist retarded fuck.

by Anonymousreply 201October 16, 2018 2:38 AM

R201, she will have the last laugh.

by Anonymousreply 202October 16, 2018 2:48 AM

R202, you are insane. She's a pariah and will continue to be one.

by Anonymousreply 203October 16, 2018 2:59 AM

R203, I went back and watched a few eps of the original series and I was shocked to realize this show was not about a bunch of snarky one-liners as I had remembered. Instead, I realized it was all about family. This show had heart and this rebooted reboot is going to tank without its main character. Roseanne was the glue that held this family together and made all of the other characters gel with each other. No one is going to watch this series knowing they killed off the goddamn star of the show.

by Anonymousreply 204October 16, 2018 3:11 AM

The reviews have been pretty good, that without Rosanne the show is actually interesting. Killing off the main character gives them something to talk about other than the usual boring "I voted for Trump" joke that was boring. Laure Metcaff is fucking amazing talent and can carry that show and she has John Goodman with her. It also gives Sarah Gilbert a chance to morph into the role vacated by Roseanne Connor's death. It's actually good story telling. Darlene was the one who was getting out, who had a shot and now she is coming back to be her mother.

by Anonymousreply 205October 16, 2018 3:14 AM

Spin it any way you like, R205, this show is not going to be carried by Sara Gilbert. Darlene was funny when she was a tween shooting off one-liners but the adult Darlene is a monotone bore who will spend most of her screentime sparring with her mini-me talentless daughter.

I don't really care what the so-called reviewers have to say about this reboot of a reboot. Viewers who loved the original show are not going to fall in line and cheer an iconic character's demise just because a bunch of critics say the new and PC-improved The Conners is a win.

by Anonymousreply 206October 16, 2018 3:23 AM

The show can easily carry on without Roseanne, but I doubt the viewing public will give it an honest shot. People will tune in tomorrow to see how they handle her death, then they'll tune out. I want it to do well if for no other reason than to make Roseanne's head explode. I'm even hoping Tom Arnold gets a recurring role, bringing back Arnie. THAT would be icing on the Fuck You Roseanne cake.

by Anonymousreply 207October 16, 2018 3:25 AM

I never saw the revival to be fair. But while I don't mind the bitch being fired, it really is kind of hard for me to imagine the show without Roseanne herself.

by Anonymousreply 208October 16, 2018 3:27 AM

[quote]I happen to think Nick Jonas looks like a chimp. Is that "racist?"

No...because HE'S WHITE. It's about hateful black stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 209October 16, 2018 3:29 AM

I never watched the original, never watched the reboot....but now I want to watch it [italic]sans [/italic]Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 210October 16, 2018 3:32 AM

I get that, R209. Read the original post as this was specifically written as a reply to the OP's post.

by Anonymousreply 211October 16, 2018 3:36 AM

These should be characters and storylines that can carry a show without Roseanne. The difficulty is, though, they originated on 'Roseanne'. It'll be difficult for me to not feel as if there's a big void. Say what you will, Roseanne is a memorable character. You don't just forget that she was the show's main force.

by Anonymousreply 212October 16, 2018 3:38 AM

r206 its not a spin. Laurie Metcalf is an Oscar nominee and a Tony-winning actress. She could carry the show solo. People never loved Roseanne. All you fundie nut jobs were cursing her when she sang the national anthem. You all wanted her canceled. Just because she loves your Fuhrer now she is suddenly irreplaceable? It was Gilbert's idea to bring the show back and her story for the reboot, not Roseanne's

by Anonymousreply 213October 16, 2018 3:40 AM

R206 here. I'm not a "fundie nut job", R213. Why is it so hard for you to understand people are upset with the fact they are killing off an iconic character in a fucking comedy series?

As for Laurie Metcalf, yes, she's an excellent actress as is John Goodman an excellent actor but as I mentioned in a previous post, Roseanne's character was the gel that held this show together and made all of the supporting characters fit smoothly on the canvas.

Enjoy The Conners because this Democrat (yes, Democrat) along with her friends (other Democrats) will not be watching. I suppose we come from a generation in which we were capable of separating a character from the actress' personal life. Silly us.

by Anonymousreply 214October 16, 2018 3:49 AM

Fuck the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 215October 16, 2018 3:50 AM

R214 is just upset because she missed the recent Trump valley and had to settle for last weeks Last Man Standing instead.

by Anonymousreply 216October 16, 2018 3:52 AM

Aww, did R216 allow autocorrect to type valley instead of rally? Dumb bitch.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend the fact that many people are not going to tune in because they killed off the fucking lead.

by Anonymousreply 217October 16, 2018 3:56 AM

A lot of people, R216, feel they could separate 'Roseanne the nutjob' from 'Roseanne the character'. For the sake of the show, a lot of long-time fans would have been willing to overlook her comments, particularly if she had taken steps to remediate her remarks (or if ABC had allowed her, I guess). The hypocrisy, though, is in whether or not these same people would have been willing to overlook what guys like Isaiah Washington said. Personally, I like to think that people learn from their mistakes. I'm not so sure Roseanne ever would have, though. Something tells me she would have been a permanent liability as long as she's on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 218October 16, 2018 3:57 AM

I haven't seen any of the reboot or the reboot of the reboot. Not interested.

But I am interested in the poster mentioning that Roseanne had to or was forced to or agreed to give up the rights to the character of Roseanne.

Is this just for this reboot of the reboot or forever?

Like her or not, that character was her creation.

And whatever her tweets or political views, someone should not be forced to give up their artistic creation. Whatever their politics. That would be like removing an author's name from a book because of their political views.

That is just plain wrong.

Could someone explain what exactly happened? Does this mean that if she wanted, Roseanne could not use the character in standup or in a book or in any way in the future? Or did it just have to do with the reboot of the reboot?

by Anonymousreply 219October 16, 2018 3:59 AM

R219, I'd have to search further but I found this quote that may answer some of your questions: Barr had agreed in principle to walk away from the characters she helped create in order to allow the cast and crew to pursue a spinoff. But since Barr would be entitled to substantial fees and backend on a Roseanne spinoff, the actress had to waive those rights before a new take could move forward. The last key hurdle was over what, if any, one-time payment Barr was to receive as "go-away money," as one source put it. Barr will retain an executive producer credit on the new take, per WGA rules.

by Anonymousreply 220October 16, 2018 4:07 AM

R216 here. I meant Trump Rally R217 ya dumb slut. Anyway, I'm willing to give the new show a chance. I felt Roseanne herself was the weak spot in the revival. Reviews have been good so we'll see. We live in a world where David Boreanez still gets work so anything is possible.😜

by Anonymousreply 221October 16, 2018 4:10 AM

Thank you, R220, but it still seems unclear to me whether her "walking away from the characters" means just for this new show or forever.

by Anonymousreply 222October 16, 2018 4:12 AM

[quote]A lot of people, [R216], feel they could separate 'Roseanne the nutjob' from 'Roseanne the character'. For the sake of the show, a lot of long-time fans would have been willing to overlook her comments, particularly if she had taken steps to remediate her remarks (or if ABC had allowed her, I guess). The hypocrisy, though, is in whether or not these same people would have been willing to overlook what guys like Isaiah Washington said. Personally, I like to think that people learn from their mistakes. I'm not so sure Roseanne ever would have, though. Something tells me she would have been a permanent liability as long as she's on Twitter.

All of this.

by Anonymousreply 223October 16, 2018 4:20 AM

This reboot was the #1 comedy at that time slot to cancel it was a shot in the foot. PC culture hurting business and they're already regretting it. Looks like someone might be fired soon too.

by Anonymousreply 224October 16, 2018 4:20 AM

[quote]R214 Why is it so hard for you to understand people are upset with the fact they are killing off an iconic character in a fucking comedy series?

CORRECTION: Ms. Barr killed HERSELF off.

You only get so many chances at any particular job.

by Anonymousreply 225October 16, 2018 4:25 AM

That's fine, R225 so let the show die with its star. This re-reboot is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 226October 16, 2018 4:28 AM

The funniest thing about all of this is that Valerie could play Roseanne's sister that's how not black she is. Americana an the Chinese are the most bizarrely race obsessed people on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 227October 16, 2018 4:32 AM

We lost our Mom and our show was never the same again. Sure, we limped along for another couple of seasons, but the show had lost its heart and its direction.

Trust us. We've been there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 16, 2018 4:41 AM

R228 gets it. I can't wait to see the ratings on this relaunch of a reboot four weeks from now.

by Anonymousreply 229October 16, 2018 11:48 AM

Deplorables will not watch. Liberals will not watch. No one will watch. It's doomed and Trump will have the last laugh.

by Anonymousreply 230October 16, 2018 1:18 PM

Hopefully, Liberals turn on The Conners, even if they're not watching. Just let the TV play. I can't fathom Trump claiming victory over the cancelation of a stupid TV show.

by Anonymousreply 231October 16, 2018 1:20 PM

He will though. Shameful as a gloating president is he’ll do it.

by Anonymousreply 232October 16, 2018 1:26 PM

Trump can laugh all the way to his cell.

by Anonymousreply 233October 16, 2018 1:44 PM

Well, Garfield Minus Garfield was a hit, so...

by Anonymousreply 234October 16, 2018 1:46 PM

I didin't watch the first reboot because I cannot stand what Roseanne has become but I sure will be watching tonight.

by Anonymousreply 235October 17, 2018 12:20 AM

It's a good episode. They smartly went with the tone of the classic episode when Roseanne and Jackie's father dies. Very moving/poignant with some great biting humor.

by Anonymousreply 236October 17, 2018 12:24 AM

Killing Roseanne Conner is like killing my childhood!

by Anonymousreply 237October 17, 2018 12:30 AM

Sure thing, R236. because a character who made a few appearances on a nine-season series is comparable to killing off the show's fucking star.

by Anonymousreply 238October 17, 2018 12:35 AM

Idiot at R238, the TONE of this episode was reminiscent of something that was great about the original series. One of the things that was great about the original series was its use of biting edgy humor to balance against the harsh realities of life. Anything less would have been far more disrespectful to what Roseanne created than killing her character off was.

by Anonymousreply 239October 17, 2018 12:39 AM

This episode was better than I expected. Did anyone else have the sneaking feeling that they might try to push Dan and the Mary Steenburgen character together? If they do, I hope she's a little livelier than she was tonight (though, in fairness, her role was written as a plot point, with no punch lines). It was a good moment between her and Dan. It seemed in character for the whole family to grieve for Roseanne using Roseanne's irreverent humor (the character, not the deplorable Twitterbot we've seen over the past several years).

by Anonymousreply 240October 17, 2018 12:52 AM

Sorry to disagree with you, R239 but I don't feel they set the right tone at all.

Starting the countdown to cancellation...

by Anonymousreply 241October 17, 2018 12:54 AM

I had hopes for at least this one episode, but it gets thumbs down from me. First of all, those kids are annoying, and they're all bad actors. Each one checks off a box on the PC list: little gay boy, check; black kid, check; rebellious teenage daughter, check. Same with DJ's wife: black, check; Army, check; Afghanistan deploy, bonus check. And I take it DJ doesn't work and contribute to the household? Why are they that behind in bills if four adults in the household (Dan, Darlene, Becky and DJ) all have jobs? Just asking....

Estelle Parsons was wasted in this episode, and didn't the Crystal character (who no one really cares about) marry Dan's father? Did he die too? Somewhere Sandra Bernhard is stamping her foot in frustration. I would have given anything to see Martin Mull and Fred Willard show up. After all, Estelle Parsons ended up gay, didn't she? Give that obnoxious gay kid the boot and put those three in a gay retirement community.

Laurie Metcalf was VERY shortchanged in this episode, given the character's long history with her sister. All that kitchen stuff was just STUPID. But the most jarring of all was Goodman, who is a fine actor and who I really like. But his appearance and voice are so drastically different that it's unnerving. It's good that he lost weight and all, but it's just....wrong, somehow. His last fifteen seconds were the only good thing in the whole show.

I give the whole thing a D, and I'm OUT.

by Anonymousreply 242October 17, 2018 1:13 AM

I give the episode a solid B+. Even Gilbert showed a little life. Goodman is depressing to watch. It's as if his entire personality deflated along with his body. But from what I read he was like that in reboot # 1 It's like he's in slow motion. The kids are okay. I don't expect great acting from them. I think they are all better without Roseanne dragging them down.

by Anonymousreply 243October 17, 2018 1:22 AM

He may not be on drugs anymore which he always was in the old series. Makes for a dull Dan.

by Anonymousreply 244October 17, 2018 1:25 AM

Yeah but he even walks oddly. Losing a lot of weight doesn't make everyone better for it, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 245October 17, 2018 1:26 AM

The one thing about John Goodman, he is loved across the industry, far more than Roseanne has ever been or will ever be. Beyond his talent, he's just the nicest, funniest, sweetest guy you'd ever want to meet or work with, bar none.

He will always be able to get work.

by Anonymousreply 246October 17, 2018 1:44 AM

[quote]Why are they that behind in bills if four adults in the household (Dan, Darlene, Becky and DJ) all have jobs? Just asking....

Seriously. And how high could the bills be in a house like that?

by Anonymousreply 247October 17, 2018 1:53 AM

I love love love the idea of bringing Tom Arnold back!

How do we start a write-in campaign?

by Anonymousreply 248October 17, 2018 1:55 AM

I'm shocked that the Chief from Grey's Anatomy played Dan's friend even back in the day. I watched the original Roseanne and then when I first watched GA I had no memory at all of ever seeing that actor before.

by Anonymousreply 249October 17, 2018 1:59 AM

I'm afraid it's a "no" to Tom Arnold, R248. He's too busy hunting Mark Burnett and the Trump Tapes anyway as well as trying to stay one step ahead of his dealer.

by Anonymousreply 250October 17, 2018 2:00 AM

I liked the episode, but it did feel a little sad without Roseanne (the character) and having her killed off. I guess I don't look at sitcoms to necessarily remind of us the harsh realities of life, but at the same time I look at them to help us get over them. I was half expecting at the end for Dan to say something like "goodnight Rosie" and then to have her laugh lightly dubbed over the silence. I kind of thought, too, that the time lapse should have been a little longer than 3 weeks after her funeral - maybe 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 251October 17, 2018 2:22 AM

Damn that cast needs some eye candy. It looks too much like real life.

by Anonymousreply 252October 17, 2018 2:25 AM

SMH at the comments about distinguishing Roseanne the deplorable from Roseanne the deplorable "character." They share the same name, the same face, the same rancid views. Roseanne is Roseanne is Roseanne.

I don't get what the folks at ABC were supposed to do--support her racism? Give her yet another chance? It is hard to clean up/hide that kind of mess when the woman herself is slicing her own wrists in public.

Roseanne's problems have always come from the fact that she goes straight to the gutter for laughs and is incapable of keeping her mouth shut and taking the high road. Her original comedy and take on the American household was always vulgar and lowbrow. Her one talent back in the day was taking dysfunction and opening it up for understanding--that was the brilliance of the original Roseanne. But there was only a waft of that genius in the reboot. Deplorables today don't care about that kind of insight--they only love her now because she gives voice to their racism and other noxious fears.

I was pleasantly surprised that Roseanne looked better in the reboot than she had in years. But clearly she is still very ill underneath.

About The Conners: If the writers and producers can't deliver a show worth watching, then no one will watch. In the mean time, it is humorous watching the deplorables try to wring meaning out of this. Anything for validation.

by Anonymousreply 253October 17, 2018 2:32 AM

As painful as it is to watch without. Roseanne, the magic is still there. Ratings will drop, but the show will have life...for a couple of seasons anyway. Roseanne will be back....in some format mark my word

by Anonymousreply 254October 17, 2018 2:39 AM

R253, it's very simple: They should not have repurposed Roseanne into The Conners.

by Anonymousreply 255October 17, 2018 2:42 AM

[quote]R253 I don't get what the folks at ABC were supposed to do--support her racism? Give her yet another chance? It is hard to clean up/hide that kind of mess when the woman herself is slicing her own wrists in public.

Of course they couldn’t employ her.

The days of, say, the “good Germans” wringing their hands and wailing “nobody knew!” are over.

Now everybody knows. Everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 17, 2018 2:42 AM

Damn, she fucked up. I admire her, I think she made that first series amazing when everyone around was trying to make it typical sitcom shit. But in the end, damn, she fucked up. Sorry Roseanne, please come back in some form, please don't fuck it up out of crazy or stupid or pure orneriness. But for now, nobody can afford you, just yet.

by Anonymousreply 257October 17, 2018 2:47 AM

Roseanne Barr Tweets ‘I AIN’T DEAD, BITCHES!!!!’ Following Premiere of The Conners

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 17, 2018 2:48 AM

this is why I kinda love her, crazy and all, R258

by Anonymousreply 259October 17, 2018 2:58 AM

R255 why not? ABC is in the business of trotting out programs to show on their station. They had sets built, a paid-for cast, a concept, and an agreement that Roseanne Barr herself signed.

But if you're saying "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" then the same goes for Roseanne the Reboot.

by Anonymousreply 260October 17, 2018 3:04 AM

Can you watch ABC and other network shows online? I went to their site and they just have promos.

This is the first network show i’ve wanted to watch in years. How do you do that without a TV?

by Anonymousreply 261October 17, 2018 3:18 AM

I really enjoyed The Conners. Its actually what the show should've been last season. Everyone was ispn better form and the tone and the flow was more akin to the earlier seasons. This show was good.

by Anonymousreply 262October 17, 2018 3:32 AM

FIrst time watching the reboot - it was fantastic. Laughed out loud many times. The interplay between Becky and Darlene, Darlene and Jackie showed me again what really made the original work. The family dynamic was the star, not Roseanne. Yes, she got some great deadpan one liners, but she could not act. The rest of the actors made the family believable. John Goodman seemed tired in a way that was believable after your spouse dies unexpectedly. They all looked terrible - gotta credit the makeup and costumes for making them look like real people. I’ll be watching next week!

by Anonymousreply 263October 17, 2018 3:38 AM

[quote]Did anyone else have the sneaking feeling that they might try to push Dan and the Mary Steenburgen character together? If they do, I hope she's a little livelier than she was tonight (though, in fairness, her role was written as a plot point, with no punch lines).

I have a feeling that Mary Steenburgen's character will pop up again later on in the season. Since Dan drove around with the sign calling her out for giving pills to Roseanne-it could lead to legal trouble for the character and Dan and the family would be questioned about the pills.

by Anonymousreply 264October 17, 2018 3:39 AM

r261 you can't be serious. You really don't know how to watch tv shows on bootleg streaming? It's been around for at least a decade.

by Anonymousreply 265October 17, 2018 3:44 AM

R265 My question is more about how networks stream their shows now, as not everyone has a TV anymore. Don’t they set it up in a way you can watch shows online and still endure all their ads (which is how they make money)?

As I said, i’m never interested in network shows in their initial release, so I’ve never had cause to check them out that way.

by Anonymousreply 266October 17, 2018 3:53 AM

[quote]Damn, she fucked up. I admire her, I think she made that first series amazing when everyone around was trying to make it typical sitcom shit. But in the end, damn, she fucked up.

I was a pre-teen when her original show premiered and even then I somehow liked it more the other family sitcoms like The Cosby Show and Full House.

by Anonymousreply 267October 17, 2018 3:58 AM

r266 Putlocker, Streamdreams and Sockshare are just a few. Make sure you have Ublock Origin first, though. Lots of pop ups.

by Anonymousreply 268October 17, 2018 3:59 AM

I keep trying to tell people - in the end, this won't go down well with viewers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 17, 2018 4:11 AM

I never liked the original show, and Roseanne was a big reason. Beyond the fact that she can’t act, she can’t even say a line without smirking and smiling over how funny she thinks she is. The series without her tonight was better, but honestly, I don’t need to spend anymore time with these people.

by Anonymousreply 270October 17, 2018 4:53 AM

ABC.com will have the episode up tomorrow.

I liked it. I also really liked Roseanne (the actress) but she's taken a dark turn in recent years. Having the character die of an opiod overdose is probably the most relevant way they could have sent her off. I thought it was well done.

by Anonymousreply 271October 17, 2018 5:30 AM

Here's the link to the free ABC stream. Atrocious video quality but you can at least hear the jokes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 17, 2018 11:30 PM

Actually my video problem was just that I'm streaming it in a library. It improved to acceptable halfway through. I think it's as funny and well-written as it ever was. Anyone saying it's terrible is obviously just rooting for it to fail, for whatever reason. Lecy Goranson has barely aged at all, still just as pretty as she was as a teenager. I'd keep watching it if I had cable.

by Anonymousreply 273October 17, 2018 11:45 PM

Lecy Goranson looks about a decade younger than her age.

by Anonymousreply 274October 18, 2018 2:20 AM

Yes Lecy looks fab. Hope the reboot revives her career, there's much more she could do.

by Anonymousreply 275October 18, 2018 2:26 AM

They all looked like shit in HD.

by Anonymousreply 276October 18, 2018 2:26 AM

I watched it. Meh.

My biggest laugh was when Dan takes the bottle of pills from Becky and she says "That was the only thing I wanted out of Mom's closet."

by Anonymousreply 277October 18, 2018 2:32 AM

I hated the original show, but watched some episodes to see what the fuss was about. I watched some clips of the reboot, which seemed to me to be pretty dismal and trying really hard to be "contemporary" and political, with Roseanne as a Trump supporter and a bi-racial child, and a "gender fluid" child (he's now come out as gay), and Muslim neighbors. I was so happy to hear the damn thing was cancelled. And then it got brought back from the dead, but with the show's namesake having kicking the bucket. Here's all I thought about "The Connors":

The cast looks like hell, especially John Goodman, who looks near death. The only one who doesn't is Estelle Parsons, who looks the same: old.

The audience was laughing too hard. Was the laughter canned? Because lame jokes were getting howls of laughter.

Several of the characters have very little to do. There are actually too many people in the cast. It makes for a lot of dull moments.

Where the hell is "Jerry" the youngest son of Dan and Roseanne? Why was he nowhere to be seen, especially in light of his mother's death? I thought his absence was very weird and totally unexplained.

by Anonymousreply 278October 18, 2018 8:51 PM

For someone who hated the original show and only watched clips of the reboot, you sure do know a lot about the show and its characters r278.

by Anonymousreply 279October 18, 2018 9:08 PM

[quote] The cast looks like hell, especially John Goodman, who looks near death.

I just watched a quick clip for the David returns episode and Goodman was on screen for maybe a second. He looked ghastly like a cancer patient.

by Anonymousreply 280October 18, 2018 9:16 PM

I liked it but I've always liked the show and the reboot. The fact is, Roseanne was always supported by a really talented cast because she couldn't act for shit. It makes sense they should all have their own show and I'm sure they're more than up to it. With the reboot, I've always liked the interplay between Darlene and Becky - Gilbert is a very good in this role (I thought she should've been Emmy-nominated last year, even over Metcalf) and Lecy Gorenson is not only a good actress but she's also the ultimate "grown up Becky" (I mean, who else could be? - not Sarah Chalke who is too sitcom smooth after a decade on that other show). Lecy Gorenson just enters the scene and is exactly how you would imagine Becky Connor to be at age 40. That's the pull of a good reboot.

I'll keep watching. I like these people.

by Anonymousreply 281October 19, 2018 6:59 PM

[quote]Why are they that behind in bills if four adults in the household (Dan, Darlene, Becky and DJ) all have jobs? Just asking....

Neither Becky nor DJ and his family live in the house.

by Anonymousreply 282October 20, 2018 11:07 PM

geez Roseanne is gross

but so is that show

watching it is like eating rocks.

by Anonymousreply 283October 21, 2018 11:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!