Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

or how an online company's draconian return policy caught me with my pants down and bent over

So I buy my REAL nephew a new futon cover, in the lovely sage green he desired, but I didn't investigate the company well enough. Their distribution center is in Texas, their headquarters in CA and their stuff is made in China. That was my first mistake because I thought I was dealing with an American company in CA.

They send me the bolsters half-dead with a zipper in the stuffing compartment so you could add additional pillow stuffing, no cover on them, in a huge box. The actual futon cover was in a plastic upholstery zipper container, but it looked old and kind of worn on the sides. The fabric was supposed to be cotton ducking, but was a cheap, shiny version that looked in immediate danger of ripping. I decided to send it back and the return policy was unbelievable. I need to fulfill a turnaround of within 10 days of receipt, provide a tracking number, accept the shipping, have a deduction of shipping costs for the original (free?) shipping TO me, and a re-stocking fee...provided everything they threw into the box came back untouched and pristine.

I sent them a flamer and got a bot response of "We're sorry you didn't like our shit....." and a rehashing of their return policy from hell and ALSO their exchange policy of going back online and ordering something new while they determine if the shit I returned can be resold to the next sucker. Muriel will probably tag this because I'm naming this asshole company. If corporations are people too, this one will rename itself when sales again flag because of shit like this. Don't be me, don't be stupid and do business with DCG stores.

It was only 100.00 bucks or so, and I can take the loss, so I donated it to a local church thrift store. I'd rather someone use it then leave it up to them to rip me off, keep the merchandise and sell to someone else. Welcome to business in America where 3rd party assholes sell crap they can exempt from the Chinese tariffs and rip you off.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2018 4:11 PM

Wow, cheap AND prissy.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2018 2:59 PM

That would be frugal and pissy, R1. Thank you for not disappointing, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2018 3:02 PM

That's horrible OP.

My worst online experience was pretty mild. I ordered a pair of frames for my glasses in the early days of the Internet. They were way to big for my face so I returned the. I got hit with return postage and a $35 restocking fee.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2018 3:03 PM

Too big

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2018 3:05 PM

There have been numerous articles on companies set up in China that use internet ads to entice customers and then sell them shoddy goods.

GIYF in these cases

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2018 3:10 PM

GIYF? What does it mean, X X You're Fucked?

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2018 3:20 PM

What happened to the BBB - they still around? We need BBB ratings like the UL we look for.

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2018 3:24 PM

They're around, R7, and I only looked after the fact. 22 complaints and most about the return policy. Like I said, don't be stupid like me and stay away from DCG.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2018 3:28 PM

Companies don’t give a crap anymore. It’s all about the short term cash grab.

Hotels are run down, even “nice ones.” Service stations are filthy and customer service is non-existent. Public health is at risk because of lack of sanitation at public facing companies.

And now they want you to ring items up yourself.

Next, they will have you assemble the parts for your product in the store.

Companies have lost their way. Going to do a weekend thread about this.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2018 4:00 PM

It’s all so third world out there in the U.S. these days.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2018 4:00 PM

I hope that your nephew got to see you with your pants down and bent over, you know he’d like that.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2018 4:05 PM

R9, actually the hotel and food industry can bet killed by online reviews. We are retired and travel a lot. We check out reviews online and seldom are disappointed in restaurants and hotels/VRBOs.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2018 4:05 PM

Okay, we understand you're upset. Now tell us a little more about your nephew. Maybe we can salvage this thread.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2018 4:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!