Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is Donald Trump so devoid of moral decency?

What happened to him in his childhood that made him such a vile human being? Does it have to do with being born into wealth? Did his parents do something to him?

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2018 8:06 PM

He has the trifecta of character, personality, and cognitive impairments.

by Anonymousreply 1October 10, 2018 3:20 PM

no. fucking. soul.

by Anonymousreply 2October 10, 2018 3:21 PM

by personality - I mean social impairments. Character - he is immoral. Cognitive - he has cleverness but not very much curiosity or critical thinking. Not a global thinker at all. The narcissism would involve all there areas.

by Anonymousreply 3October 10, 2018 3:22 PM

Domineering, sociopath father and distant mother, plus genetics and money

by Anonymousreply 4October 10, 2018 3:23 PM

Mostly genetics with some nurture (or lack thereof) thrown in. His father was a ruthless grifting nazi cunt, and his heinous mother went along with it so of course the likes of producing a hidious beastie like Dumpster was a strong probability.

He's like the perfect storm of shitty breeding and money.

by Anonymousreply 5October 10, 2018 3:24 PM

Trump is what he was raised to be, a scumbag. His father was a renowned scumbag and Trump had no other meaningful influence in his life during his formative years since for all intents and purposes his mother just sat back and let whatever was to be with her children happen. That coupled with the fact that he very likely suffers from more than one personality and/or mental impairments makes him a veritable goulash of fuckedupedness.

by Anonymousreply 6October 10, 2018 3:28 PM

I believe I read that his mother asked someone once “what kind of man did I raise?” From everything I’ve learned, Trump was born a pathological liar and was aggressive and defiant as a child with little control of his emotions.

by Anonymousreply 7October 10, 2018 3:29 PM

But still he has risen to the top.

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2018 3:31 PM

Trump’s a clinical sociopath. His mother was probably the same.

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2018 3:32 PM

But what about his sister the federal judge? Is she a nut too?

by Anonymousreply 10October 10, 2018 3:35 PM

R9 - what's the difference between a clinical sociopath and a regular sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 11October 10, 2018 3:36 PM

Abusive and neglectful parents, being raised by paid (uncaring) staff, and being able to buy his way out if trouble instead of dealing with consequences for his actions.

Had he had at least one decent parent, he might not have turned out so utterly henious.

by Anonymousreply 12October 10, 2018 3:45 PM

While Trump Senior was well off, the area they lived in was upper middle class and the house they lived in was modest by today's McMansion standards and on a small plot of land too. (It was also, by the time Trump was a teenager, largely Jewish) The private school he went to was more a place for kids who were having trouble in the public schools than a fancy private school.

His siblings don't seem to be anywhere near as damaged either.

Which leads me to believe that it's something innate -- sociopath or similar--and his parents made it worse. Residential real estate is a sleazy business, especially in NYC and that's who Trump's been surrounded by his whole life

by Anonymousreply 13October 10, 2018 3:53 PM

Penis envy

by Anonymousreply 14October 10, 2018 3:57 PM

He is filled with evil genes. Horrible, horrible, horrible cretin.

by Anonymousreply 15October 10, 2018 3:57 PM

In addition to his awful parents, let's never forget that Roy Cohn was his mentor. Fucking Miss Cohn was a truly evil cunt.

by Anonymousreply 16October 10, 2018 3:58 PM

He's bisexual. His mom was an asshole to him cuz of it.

by Anonymousreply 17October 10, 2018 4:01 PM

reaLLYYY!!!????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 10, 2018 4:06 PM

OP, it was the perfect storm of everything you mentioned, all coalescing into the miasmic protoplasm that is DJT.

by Anonymousreply 19October 10, 2018 4:10 PM

He's a Dark Triad.

by Anonymousreply 20October 10, 2018 4:14 PM

And he surrounds himself with an equally devoid of morals clan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 10, 2018 4:16 PM

OP, who cares why Trump is devoid of decency.

What we should care about is why so many Americans are deplorable enough to vote such a man into POTUS.

Therefore, the problem is: why are so many Americans devoid of decency and ready to vote for a complete fuckup as long as he strokes their hate-on?

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2018 4:17 PM

Possibly his brother dying of addiction relatively young was a factor.

But I rather doubt it.

He really doesn't seem to have a single redeeming quality.

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2018 4:18 PM

Yeah, that's why he got his dad to change his will to leave out his late brothers kids R23. Then cut off the brothers sick grandchild when the kids contested the will. Trump is a fucking monster.

by Anonymousreply 24October 10, 2018 4:21 PM

[quote]What we should care about is why so many Americans are deplorable enough to vote such a man into POTUS.

Exactly. There is something really sick about the American character that this many people can be so blinded by their hatred for "the other". Even if we understand where it comes from can we change it or will we have to let it destroy the entire nation?

by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2018 4:23 PM

The only thing is that this is not unique to the US these days. There are authoritarian "populist" leaders now in Hungary and Poland, and of course the Philippines . Hillary Clinton gave an interesting interview to Christiane Amanpour last night and asked that question--why is it that in this historical moment people want the security (the word H used) of an authoritarian figure. She didn't answer it. It was a good interview. She was very thoughtful and measured. Like everybody else, she suggested that for us getting out the vote in large enough numbers to overcome voter suppression and gerrymandering is the only solution. I forgot how bright and well spoken she is when she isn't under the stress of running for office.

by Anonymousreply 26October 10, 2018 4:34 PM

It's all because of his small mushroom-headed dick

by Anonymousreply 27October 10, 2018 4:36 PM

[quote] What we should care about is why so many Americans are deplorable enough to vote such a man into POTUS.

It's called stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 28October 10, 2018 4:39 PM

I don't think Trump is a bi-sexual. I think he's a try-sexual. I think he probably has extremely perverted sexual desires and has been willing to do most anyone or anything during his life to attain sexual gratification. I would not be shocked in the least if someone said he had tried bestiality at some point in his life. He's just that sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 29October 10, 2018 4:42 PM

I also wouldn't doubt that Trump has been (may still be) involved with Satanism. Satanists are all sexual deviants. Immoral sexual activities is one big thing they base their Satanic beliefs on.

by Anonymousreply 30October 10, 2018 4:44 PM

Yes it seems so obvious that he is a miserable human being- nothing to be done (for him). I agree with others that the most distressing thing is that so many people still support him, vote for him- and entire "news" channel support him repeating his lies on a daily basis. This baffles me. But then this is not the first time a terrible person rose to the pinnacle of power- the worst impulses in our electorate are on full display.

by Anonymousreply 31October 10, 2018 4:48 PM

He was born a sociopath. AppArently he lived in the right place...New York. Rats thrieve, there.

by Anonymousreply 32October 10, 2018 4:48 PM

He actually thinks Roy Cohen was a good man, that says it all.

by Anonymousreply 33October 10, 2018 4:51 PM

I wish he would DIE ALREADY

by Anonymousreply 34October 10, 2018 4:52 PM

[quote]It's called stupidity.

It's beyond stupidity. These people are cruel, callous and filled with bitterness and anger. His Nazi rallies are something I thought I'd never see in America.

by Anonymousreply 35October 10, 2018 4:53 PM

Those rallies really are just like Hitler talking to Nazis. They are nothing like America.

by Anonymousreply 36October 10, 2018 4:59 PM

Donald Trump was foretold almost 100 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 10, 2018 4:59 PM

I think the answer to Hillary's excellent question R26 is that the world is changing far more rapidly than many people are ready for.

The internet is changing the way we live at such a rapid pace and it's changing the job market and the structure of society and people are scared. They may not even realize that is why they are scared--it's easier to blame Muslims or Mexicans--but their possible loss of status in this new world scares the fuck out of them.

When you are in the middle of a massive change it's hard to realize how massive it is--things don't seem dramatically different from day to day, but then you look back and realize what just happened.

by Anonymousreply 38October 10, 2018 5:02 PM

I have to think the USA has finally reached the stage where, like drug addicts, we have to bottom out in order to get better. We have bottomed out with Trump and after he's gone we'll get better and learn from our mistakes. So maybe, hopefully, Donald Trump as president will indeed help the country in the long rum.

by Anonymousreply 39October 10, 2018 5:03 PM

I would say he lacks the capability to love. I don't even think he loves himself. This is a man that needs validation from others and becoming president just opened the floodgate for him to believe people love him. Just like with Hitler, I fear Trump, but I fear the people that follow him more. His supporters are people that will follow his orders, no matter how cruel, no matter sadistic, no matter how evil. Not only is he an embarrassment to our country, he is an embarrassment to humanity.

by Anonymousreply 40October 10, 2018 5:08 PM

We have NOT bottomed out with Trump. Not even close.

Deporting illegal aliens back to their own countries is nothing like deporting one's own citizens or putting them in death camps.

The U.S. hasn't had a Kristallnacht moment YET.

by Anonymousreply 41October 10, 2018 5:16 PM

That's right, it's not just Trump but the millions who voted for him. What is it about the Americans? I think it has existed for a very long time. And the ignorants Reagan and Bush jr were also elected. It must be something in the American culture. Non-intellectual, isolationalist, hubris, etc. But where does it all come from...

by Anonymousreply 42October 10, 2018 5:19 PM

R42 It comes from people on the right side of history not getting off of their fat asses to go vote.

That's where it comes from.

by Anonymousreply 43October 10, 2018 5:52 PM

I always manage to get Roy Cohen and Roy Bryant mixed up.

Their both very evil people in 20th century American history and I'm glad neither one of them no longer breathe or walk the face of the earth any longer.

But Carolyn Bryant is still here. All of these people would've definitely been Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 44October 10, 2018 5:56 PM

Americans are able to easily ignore anything thay doesn't suit them. Millions support Trump in part because they don't follow the news (like those Trumpsters in a diner who were interviewed and said they'd heard nothing about the Russian interference) or because they simply choose to believe bad things aren't happening.

My dad has been dead for 18 years but I remember how his right-wing talking points during any attempt at a substantial conversation went. First, an excuse, then a denial, then finally a counterattack. Afterwards, pretend like the whole thing didn't happen, maybe act like the real victim.

It's all been taught to conservatives for generations, specifically to make things like children in cages more palatable to the potential voter.

by Anonymousreply 45October 10, 2018 5:58 PM

People like Trump win because the USA still has a large percentage of hate filled bigots and racists who will follow anyone they think might do something about those they don't like.

by Anonymousreply 46October 10, 2018 6:04 PM

Deplorables are woefully uninformed mainly because their news sources ignore news that is negative towards Trump but scream repeatedly about “liberals” and anything Clinton and actually lie.

by Anonymousreply 47October 10, 2018 6:17 PM

He's not good enough and knows it. All his life. So he goes around with a "fuck you, if I'm not good enough I'll break every rule since I have money, and keep doubling down".

He's a delinquent.

by Anonymousreply 48October 10, 2018 6:28 PM

by Anonymousreply 49October 10, 2018 7:14 PM

A teacher of his said that a very young Trump would make up ridiculous lies and stare defiantly, daring someone to contradict him. Sadly, everyone just shook their heads and indulged him.

by Anonymousreply 50October 10, 2018 7:18 PM

R16 time to bring this back...

[quote] LOUIS IRONSON & ETHEL ROSENBERG: V’im’ru “Amen.”...you son-of-a-bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 10, 2018 8:47 PM

Donald was decent enough to invite Kanye West into the oval office.

by Anonymousreply 52October 11, 2018 10:28 PM

He's a white male what do you expect? Especially when everyone his whole life has made excuses for him. He's over privileged, entitled, and because of that he'll probably end up getting away with everything anyway.

I just hope he comes back as a poor minority woman in a third world "shit whole country" his words. Him along with other white men like him.

They deserve it. See how it feels.

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2018 3:52 PM

Where does this come from? So many sources, but chief is the actual system of rewarding material gain over character and the glorification of sports personalities over and above the achievements of our intellectuals.

Kids get beat up in grade school for being smart. Their tormentors learn the lesson early in the home on Saturday and Sunday football days while dad ignores them.

Drumpf's family genetics explain his predisposition to chicanery and depravity. He's taken it to the next gutter level.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2018 4:02 PM

There’s a physical sensation called proprioception, which is being aware of your body in the world. When proprioception is damaged, one doesn’t know what their body is doing. I remember watching a tv series where a patient had been injured in an accident and was left wheelchair bound. The patient’s proprioception had been damaged, resulting in his having to look at himself in the mirror all the time to be sure he was sitting upright because he did not sense his body's position or movement. When not seeing himself in the wheelchair in a mirror, he felt as if his whole body was splayed.

Proprioception is involved when you walk, eg. All of us, once we get past the toddler stage, no longer need to look at our feet in order to walk. But if you had damaged proprioception, you would have to look at your feet in order to walk. You need to see your feet and consciously make your feet move.

I think Trump has a psychic version of damaged proprioception. He has to constantly reference himself to make sure he exists. Instead of needing to look at his body in a mirror, he needs to see himself reflected in other people. He needs them to look at him, pay attention to him, like him, admire him. Without seeing himself reflected in others, he has no sense of who or where he is. He’s in a psychic void, all splayed out and falling, falling. When he sees others paying attention to him, it makes him feel more secure. He lies to get attention. He steals to get attention. He called newspapers for 30 years to get attention. He insults, demeans, attacks and bullies people for attention. He gets the attention and believes in himself again.

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2018 4:48 PM

Fascinating....quantum Donald only exists when he believes he does.

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2018 4:55 PM

Two reasons, OP.

1. He's on the autism spectrum 2. He's a sociopath

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2018 5:47 PM

I used to think that everyone had some good inside of them. Now I know that I was wrong. Pure evil does exist.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2018 6:03 PM

Might also want to ask about those that gave him money to run his campaign. Mercer, Adelsons as well as Koch brothers who did not fund him but benefit from his policies.

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2018 6:11 PM

I have hope that our man brains that have been of man so long and that have not lost the grace of God, will come higher than his child-brain that lie in his tomb for centuries, that grow not yet to our stature, and that do only work selfish and therefore small.

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2018 6:55 PM

He is the perfect product of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

THIS is his moral compass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2018 7:34 PM

Hyperbolic much?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2018 7:39 PM

I honestly don’t know, OP.

It’s been posted here before that he totally embodies the 7 Deadly Sins.

How the “family values” / “pro-life” people can LOVE him is beyond.

I think they’re brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2018 8:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!