Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cher's new album - Dancing Queen debuts on the Billboard 200 at #3

Dancing Queen -- comprised entirely of ABBA covers -- bows with 153,000 units, of which 150,000 are in album sales. The set generated about 1,000 in TEA units and 2,000 in SEA units. Dancing Queen’s sturdy bow was encouraged by sales generated from a concert ticket/album sale redemption offer for her upcoming U.S. tour, as well as old-fashioned album sales through stores like Target, Walmart, iTunes, Amazon and the like.

Dancing Queen is also the top-selling album of the week with 150,000 copies sold. It marks Cher’s first No. 1 on the Top Album Sales chart and her largest sales week for an album since Nielsen Music began electronically tracking sales in 1991. Cher’s previous biggest one-week sales sum came in 2003, when The Very Best of Cher started with 122,000 copies sold (April 14, 2003 chart).

Dancing Queen also tallies the biggest sales week for a pop album by a woman in 2018, and the second-largest sales frame for a pop set this year (trailing only the debut week of Justin Timberlake’s Man of the Woods, when it started with 242,000 copies sold on the Feb. 17-dated list). The last pop album by a woman to yield a larger sales week was Taylor Swift’s reputation, which sold 232,000 in its second stanza (chart dated Dec. 9, 2017).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2018 12:57 AM

It also must be some kind of record for longevity.

Cher 53 fucking years ago....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2018 12:00 PM

Go Cher!

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2018 12:43 PM

Why not just buy the original songs?

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2018 1:00 PM

Whoa! R3 I never thought of that. You just saved me some money.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2018 1:03 PM

Cher's new album is fabulous. This will be one of her all-time best sellers.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2018 11:42 PM

Wait, is it #3 or #1?

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2018 11:44 PM

I get now. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2018 11:47 PM

Love me some Cher. Just bought tickets to her concert next year! Hot damn!

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2018 10:21 AM

She owes so much to me.

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2018 10:24 AM

She owes so much to me.

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2018 10:37 AM

She's still got it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2018 3:12 PM

The album is terrific. One of us is amazing

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2018 5:27 PM

I love the new album from icon, Cher.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2018 11:02 AM

I saw her in concert during her Australian tour last week and the ABBA songs were lit. It got about a quarter of the crowd dancing for the first time. And Australians don’t dance that much at concerts. She loved the response and the band were grinning like hell, I guess it’s the combination of great songs and the novelty of not having played them 20000 times like IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME (which ruled) etc. Also the (excellent) guitarist looks and acts like a cheesy 80s hair rocker, and yep, he’s from Whitsnake. She also has very flirty and muscular black, white and Latino men as backup dancers. The girls are also hot. Truly, Cher provides.

It was a great show and you should all book ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2018 9:19 PM

It's going to drop like a stone.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2018 9:23 PM

I can watch Cher lip synch at home. She's hawking all her ABBA merch on twitter already. At least she's not a humorless pig like Streisand.

One of Us and The Winner Takes it All are very good though. It sounds the same when you stream it as when she moves her lips to it.

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2018 9:24 PM

There's something very charming about Cher. I love her. Kind of like, when a few weeks back, she called Ellen bitch to her face, and Ellen laughed. I kind of want her to call me bitch, and I'd get a kick off it.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2018 9:31 PM

Why does everyone want to do ABBA covers?

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2018 9:42 PM

Cher always puts on a great show. It's hard to believe that she's 72.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2018 12:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!