Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So only gay men will hire Darren Criss huh?

I see he is working with Roland Emmerich next

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 23, 2018 3:32 AM

Is he a top or a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2018 10:53 PM

He had a girlfriend at the Emmies. He won, btw.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2018 10:58 PM

She gets to get her hands on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2018 10:58 PM

Ryan Murphy wants his Darren close

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2018 10:59 PM

It would be nice if gay directors producers and studio execs hired gay actors and crew first. They know how hard it is out there.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2018 11:01 PM

[quote]It would be nice if gay directors producers and studio execs hired gay actors and crew first. They know how hard it is out there.

I'm trying to launch Cody Fern's career over here.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2018 11:03 PM

Gay men run Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2018 11:05 PM

Bad career move. Emmerich movies suck.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2018 11:05 PM

[quote]Gay men run Hollywood

If only that were actually true. It's not.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2018 11:06 PM

He has a cute face, great smile, tight body and gorgeous ass - of course gay men will hire him.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2018 11:10 PM

I've posted this before here, but Darren Criss ain't gay, but has been known to fool around with guys. He apparently hooked up with Adam Shankman for one, he won't bottom tho.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2018 11:12 PM

Will Darren be the only Glee star to have a real acting career post show?

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2018 11:28 PM

Will Murphy cast him again?

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2018 11:31 PM

He always play the same role.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2018 11:32 PM

R14 Yes that scene where Blaine on Glee killed those people was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2018 11:35 PM

I can’t remember the last time RE had a hit.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2018 11:35 PM

He looks good with the new beard.

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2018 12:41 AM

I am not his beard! I'm his fiancée!

by Anonymousreply 18September 19, 2018 12:56 AM

[quote]Bad career move. Emmerich movies suck.

Agreed, but I don't think he had a lot of movie offers to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 19September 19, 2018 2:11 AM

It's his first sizable role in a bigger budget movie. Gotta start somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2018 2:23 AM

If only he’d won a Tony for Hedwig and a Grammy for Glee, his Emmerich role could bring home the EGOT. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 21September 19, 2018 3:21 PM

Huge sac

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2018 3:25 PM

In an old thread about The Sally Field Programme that was just bumped, the OP referred to Darren as an exemplar of an actor who would fuck anyone to get ahead. Is this true? What would he do for $300 and dinner at the restaurant of his choice?

by Anonymousreply 23September 19, 2018 3:43 PM

So I know him. Not a friend. We run in similar circles. Worked together. He's not gay or bi, but not necessarily straight either. The closest I can come to describing his sexuality is "opportunistic sexual narcissist"--he fucks people if they have something he wants, or if they can make him feel supremely sexually desirable. He worked hard for that Emmy. But he deserved it too. He did not fuck Ryan Murphy. Everyone thinks that. Ryan is married and practically asexual. Other producers on Glee and elsewhere? Yes. Murphy? No. The person who says he does not bottom is right too by the way. No backdoor. But he's not squeamish about knocking at other people's backdoors. Sometimes with both fists. Also has hairplugs. But he is nice and genuinely talented. It's hard in Hollywood to break out of the Murphy Ghetto. He's branded as too camp. Other actors struggle with this too. It's hard, because Ryan's characters are larger than life and his shows usually hit, but then he loses interest in them and they start to suck. Darren I think knows this and wants some distance from that whole machine. Which is smart. But hard to do. Hollywood is run by capitalists. Not gay men. It is not gay friendly. It pretends to be. Darren is known as a Ryan Murphy muse and that will be hard to shake. Not impossible. But he will have to make smart choices in the immediate future to capitalize on the Emmy win and show a different side. The thing about Shankman is true btw. A video went around Tumblr (lol I know) without faces though. Shankman was mortified but that was during his drug days so. Darren treated it like a joke he was proud of. Kind of weird reaction. His girl is a total backpack too by the way. Also into hard drugs. Anyway if I sound like I don't like him that's not true. He's nice enough. Works hard. Not big on rehearsal, kind of underprepared a lot. But spontaneous. A self promoter. Maybe a future politician?

by Anonymousreply 24September 19, 2018 3:46 PM

R24 seems like your full of shit. How would you know all this?

by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2018 3:53 PM

What does "A total backpack" mean? (R24)

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2018 5:46 PM

The world does not need a WWII pic from Emmerich

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2018 5:57 PM

What will be wrong with it, R27? Or do you mean the world just does not need any more WWII pics at all?

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2018 5:59 PM

I mean he’s a lightweight hack who shouldn’t ever approach something to dark and heavy as war in the Pacific

by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2018 6:01 PM

[quote] He's not gay or bi, but not necessarily straight either. The closest I can come to describing his sexuality is "opportunistic sexual narcissist"--he fucks people if they have something he wants, or if they can make him feel supremely sexually desirable.

This is 90 percent of H'wood and hardly a revelation in any way.

He had the stink of starfuckery on him from the start.

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2018 6:02 PM

Mr Emmerich goes to war will have Dolph Lungren and JCVD sent in to save Will Smith and Randy Quaid from the alien overlords of the imperial Japanese fleet

by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2018 6:05 PM

Damn, he’s got an awesome beard. Wish I could grow one that full.

by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2018 6:10 PM

Meow. So he’s good looking, talented and ambitious, huh?

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2018 6:12 PM

And his career started with a Harry Potter school musical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2018 6:21 PM

Lol. Don't care if you don't believe me. I don't have a reason to lie here.

A backpack is exactly what it sounds like. It's something you can put on and take off. When you have it on, it clings to your back and won't let go. When you take it off it just sits there and waits for you to return. It also holds things for you. Things that might not be appropriate to bring up in every circumstance. This is what makes backpacks very useful. Not much more to say than that

by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2018 6:51 PM

I'm happy for Darren. Well earned for a great story and performance.

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2018 6:54 PM

If he was gay, I’d kill 1,000 men to get to his hole.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2018 6:55 PM

This is a prime example of some career success perhaps sustained over a period of time, yet with no aura of political or personal power whatsoever. He is an eager schoolboy.

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2018 6:56 PM

Someone is pushing him hard PR wise and he's paying for that somehow (or making some benefactor seriously rich). Nobody gets any recognition or success in Hollywood for free.

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2018 7:04 PM

He’s super cute but I wouldn’t be surprised if the “glee curse” got him in the near future and he ODs or commits suicide. He’s disposable.

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2018 7:15 PM

R40 wtf. That's really fucked up and he seems too positive of a person to do that. It's insane you would say someone is disposable.

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2018 7:17 PM

Linguistic twist I won't be capturing and using in the real world: "backpack."

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2018 7:29 PM

R35 So....he’s a true TOP?

by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2018 7:37 PM

He'd probably bottom for a chance at an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2018 8:04 PM

r7 oh, is that the new “Jews run Hollywood”? I don’t think I saw the memo.

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2018 10:04 PM

Whores and sluts

by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2018 10:12 PM

R24 provided some very insightful information.

by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2018 11:28 PM

Why does every man in America MUST have a beard (facial kind) ????

by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2018 11:36 PM

Fashion, r48.

by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2018 11:38 PM

I think he lucked into that Andrew Cunanan role. I'm not sure what else is out there besides a fifth string role on a bland major network show. Maybe playing some kind of presidential campaign manager. Or an office whiz.

by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2018 11:48 PM

He was fantastic in the Andrew Cunanan role. But I think he's done. Maybe one more big role. Same as with Robert Blake. In Cold Blood and then Baretta. And then done. Ted Nealey as Jesus Christ Superstar. And then bupkus. He was TOO good. Of course, I could be totally full of shit and Darren Criss will be a big star. He wreaks of opportunism, though, and is offputting a bit in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2018 11:56 PM

Opportunism melts away when you nail it like he did

by Anonymousreply 52September 20, 2018 1:35 AM

He won the emmy, so good for him, but I honestly wasn't that impressed with his performance. It was fine and did the job, but a lot of it was just too one note and shallow. And there were still a few moments, like the scene in the car in the first episode sticks out, that I thought were actually pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2018 1:42 AM

Andy C was one note and shallow

by Anonymousreply 54September 20, 2018 1:44 AM

Definitely a good performance and it wasnt one note at all.

by Anonymousreply 55September 20, 2018 1:53 AM

He does seem to have a narcissistic exhibitionist side so AC wasn't that big a stretch.

And his thirst for award bling has always been so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 56September 20, 2018 2:00 AM

It was largely one note you can blame that on the writing perhaps r55, but a lot of episodes in the row you were watching Cunanan act out the same song and dance. I'd add that many high profile TV critics felt the same way.

Ben Travers

[quote]Onscreen, the most cumbersome entry is Darren Criss’ take on Cunanan. Wide-eyed and speaking with the high-pitched voice of a liar, Criss is asked to carry the series, but he only has so many weapons in his arsenal. His stare dulls and his voice grates. Rather than develop over time, it’s as if Criss figured out who Cunanan was from the get-go and stuck with it. There’s little difference between the high school outcast in Episode 7 and the gun-toting murderer from the premiere.

Alan Sepinwall

[quote]finally begins to unravel the mystery man at the center of this all, it feels too little, too late for a show that’s spent so much time in the company of a man who keeps playing one variation of the same note, again and again.

by Anonymousreply 57September 20, 2018 2:02 AM

Where the video of Darren and shankman

by Anonymousreply 58September 20, 2018 2:18 AM

Is Emmerich a Murphy or a Shankman?

And where does Nick Jonas fit in that scenario? He was also in a Murphy show.

by Anonymousreply 59September 20, 2018 2:23 AM

R57 that is what is great about opinions. They can vary

by Anonymousreply 60September 20, 2018 2:30 AM

Emmerich is a Shankman. Actually more like a Singer. Parties are legendary. Fun to attend if you have a strong stomach and weak scruples. Few people are a Ryan Murphy. Again, people think Ryan's a lech. He's not. He's asexual. He's also a queen. He doesn't have meetings, he holds court. Can't have a differing opinion or off with your head. Thing is, he's usually right. But he knows it. Think the Queen of Hearts or Miranda Priestly. Very that. Remember when Dianna thought she could give notes to Ryan about her character? how'd that turn out, Dianna? LOL

by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2018 2:35 AM

R59 - Nick Jonas is FINE AS FUCK, but what real career has he really had since Scream Queens (which was also a flop)? He has found it impossible to find a hit song since "Jealous" (was that his only real hit as a solo artist?). "Chains" was putrid and only found airplay do the previous success of "Jealous" (it was re-released) and his being a coy, ambiguous, gorgeous sex symbol. Much like Beyonce, he might sell singles - but no one likes or knows the songs at all. Limited airplay and for good reason. No one really watched Kingdom - it was renewed, but never much of a hit. In all honesty, he has simply coasted on the (surprising) success of the Jonas Brothers and his FINE ASS. He is very delicious, but very limited talent-wise.

by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2018 2:43 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 20, 2018 2:44 AM

"Much like Beyonce, he might sell singles - but no one likes or knows the songs at all."

Please, Beyonce has had a ton of #1 albums, maybe you don't like her but try to be objective. But this is the datalounge, where people can't be objective about people they dislike

by Anonymousreply 64September 20, 2018 2:49 AM

Luke Evans is also in Midway - how much homosex will be going on behind the scenes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 20, 2018 2:52 AM

Don't know how asexual Murphy is. Not so long ago he said that years after Popular was over he hit on a guy at a bar, only for the guy to turn out to be one of Popular's actors, Ron Lester (now deceased). Murphy didn't recognize him because Lester had lost tons and tons of weight.

[quote]He is very delicious, but very limited talent-wise.

Have I got news for you (lol):

Nick Jonas Turns Playwright as VIPs Turn Out for a First-Time Table Read

At the Chateau Marmont, Darren Criss and Molly Shannon were among the cast for a debut reading of a dramatic play the singer-actor has penned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 20, 2018 2:55 AM

He beat out some big names in that category - all established actors. He's the second youngest winner in that category, and rare for anyone in their 30's to win regardless. That already puts him on a shortlist for young, leading men Hollywood roles. I'll be interested to see if Cody Fern gets work outside of Ryan. He does have a big role on AHS this year. There was some really great work in Versace this year - Jon Jon and Finn included.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 20, 2018 2:57 AM

R64 - Rihanna and Taylor Swift have really great sales too. And love or hate their hits, most of the music listening public can sing along to 20 or 30 of their songs. Beyonce - 1, 2, 3, MAYBE and this is PUSHING IT - 4(!!!!) songs? I am just speaking the truth here. But God forbid anyone ever say anything negative about the Queen..

by Anonymousreply 68September 20, 2018 2:58 AM

R66 - Good for Nick!! :-) He deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 69September 20, 2018 3:01 AM

r68, you aren't being objective if you think the average person on the street can name 30 Rihanna or Taylor Swift songs. You are confusing stans with average people. Like I said, you aren't being objective.

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2018 3:02 AM

I don't even know what that comment means r69. He deserves what?! He decided to try writing a play and it has had one reading, did he deserve to get himself to write it? I don't know, out of all the pleasantries you could have said that confounds me.

by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2018 3:03 AM

He’s worth it, R71!

by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote]rare for anyone in their 30's to win regardless

Last year's winner was 34 (Riz Ahmed).

by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2018 3:08 AM

R73 Yes, I'm very aware of that. I said it's rare?

"Darren Criss has been christened an Emmy winner. The “Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story” star won Best Limited Series/TV Movie Actor at Monday’s ceremony.

This is Criss’ first Emmy win in two nominations, having contended for Best Music and Lyrics for writing “This Time” from “Glee” three years ago. At 31, he’s the second youngest winner in the category, behind Anthony Murphy, who was 17 when he triumphed for “Tom Brown’s Schooldays” in 1973. This category usually favors older actors — no one has won in their 20s and only 11 people have won in their 30s."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 20, 2018 3:11 AM

R70 - You avoiding the question here, and that is fine. Do I need to list the multitude of hit songs that received massive airplay for both Taylor Swift and Rihanna and the songs that the lay person has never even heard from Beyonce? You are deflecting for good reason - dozens can sing along to Lemonade and millions can recite lyrics to most every hit (and yeah, we are talking 20 to 30 per artist) that Taylor and Rihanna have released. I do not dislike Beyonce, but her hype is far too excessive for her actual hits. She sells tons of albums, but has VERY few hits. Prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2018 3:16 AM

A great posting about Beyonce in the Which stars have the most DELUSIONAL fans? forum:

"The proof was her Coachella performance. The audience knew 2,3 of her "hit" songs. She's all hype with an excellent pr machine."

by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2018 3:23 AM

R74, your point speaks more to the character landscape. Lead Drama Actor rarely has a younger winner too, because of what age the lead roles typically are.

by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2018 3:27 AM

^^ However, recently the winners have allowed for younger (in Lead there was Rami Malek) because of the changing landscape of roles and shows.

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2018 3:30 AM

" You are deflecting for good reason - dozens can sing along to Lemonade and millions can recite lyrics to most every hit (and yeah, we are talking 20 to 30 per artist) that Taylor and Rihanna have released."

Sigh, I'm done arguing with you, if you think the average person on the street knows 30 Taylor Swift and Rihanna songs then you aren't in touch with reality

by Anonymousreply 79September 20, 2018 3:33 AM

And another deflection R79. How many HITS does the average person know from Beyonce? Let me guess.....deflect. Avoid the actual question and try to pick away at some other part of the argument. And I said 20 to 30, not 30. Every HIT that those two artists have released was a HIT and in 10 to 15 years - Rihanna and Taylor easily have a literal arsenal that most of the public know word for word. Beyonce not so much.

by Anonymousreply 80September 20, 2018 3:38 AM

r80 continues with the stupidity. I said I'm not arguing with you, move on to another topic.

by Anonymousreply 81September 20, 2018 3:41 AM

Back on topic:

Now that we know DL fave Darren Criss is determined to work with every gay producer / director in town, is that gonna be another gay role or ?

I assume he's changing gears now that he got what he wanted out of Murphy's roster of campy gays.

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2018 3:44 AM

Yeah, R81. A third deflection - Bey stans are so predictable... Can't answer a question to save their mother. Top 40 Taylor songs (and I bet that we all know about 20 of them VERY well):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2018 3:44 AM

And top 30 Rihanna songs (yep, the lay person knows at least 20 VERY WELL):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2018 3:46 AM

What the fuck is this banal bullshit happening? A textbook example of how some annoying fuckers can completely derail a thread.

by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2018 3:50 AM

I like him but his speech was so phony. When he talked about his family was nice.

Bet Glee actors are jealous. I bet they think he only got the role because he lols like Andrew C and he bonked Murphy.

I stopped watching series early on. Did it deserve the win ? I loved Godless.

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2018 5:28 AM

[quote]most of the music listening public can sing along to 20 or 30 of their songs.

All hail the new troll: the Taylorhianna 30 Songs Troll.

by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2018 5:48 AM

R24 is my new best friend because his dish sounds FRESH and real.

"The closest I can come to describing his sexuality is "opportunistic sexual narcissist"--he fucks people if they have something he wants, or if they can make him feel supremely sexually desirable."

That's a line that describes a LOT of actors...and, not just in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2018 8:23 AM

What is the video of him and Shankman about?

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2018 9:50 AM

R89 Let's be real. That paragraph was written by a Tumblr fangurl. For those asking - yes, Darren really was that phenomenal. I watched the series and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were also breakouts by Cody Fern & Jon Jon Brionnes. I also thought Finn Wittrock was excellent. The Andrew Cunanan side of the story had the strongest performances, but Judith Light got quite a bit of attention as well despite a smaller role.

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2018 2:28 PM

I don't now if he is gay but he sure ain't straight!

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2018 2:49 PM

I didnt know he was Eurasian in real life! That's awesome. I like him now.

by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2018 2:50 PM

Pilipino just like cunanan

by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2018 2:54 PM

Darren Criss is straight, so get over it!

by Anonymousreply 94September 20, 2018 3:00 PM

You brought this on yourself...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 20, 2018 3:06 PM

He may have Asian genes but he sure is white.

by Anonymousreply 96September 20, 2018 3:11 PM

Does he cultivate str8 / bro directors / producers with the same zeal?

Doesn't seem so from his career so far but maybe he's tried and they don't bite as much as the gay benefactors.

by Anonymousreply 97September 20, 2018 3:15 PM

Gretchen, stop trying to make "backpack" happen! It's not going to happen!

by Anonymousreply 98September 20, 2018 3:21 PM

Darren's too short to be sexy

by Anonymousreply 99September 20, 2018 3:47 PM

R24 is full of shit. Nobody writes like that about someone else. It's all a product of his feverish imagination.

by Anonymousreply 100September 20, 2018 4:13 PM

r24 reads like a bitter Chris Colfer

by Anonymousreply 101September 20, 2018 4:35 PM

Is Chris Colfer still acting? I honestly have not heard of him in years.

by Anonymousreply 102September 20, 2018 5:16 PM

He writes books that he is in the process of turning into movies. Not acting much.

by Anonymousreply 103September 20, 2018 5:19 PM

Colfer is worth like three times what Criss is, so I can't imagine he's losing too much sleep over him.

by Anonymousreply 104September 20, 2018 5:38 PM

R104, Celebrity net worth retard.

by Anonymousreply 105September 20, 2018 5:42 PM

Nobody ever lusts after or talks about Chris Colfer.

by Anonymousreply 106September 20, 2018 6:27 PM

If Colfer wanted Criss's career, he wouldn't have said way back at the start of Glee that his ambition was to go into writing and then producing.

The troll who keeps bringing him up anytime Criss is mentioned should move on. These two want and lead very different lives, both professionally and as celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 107September 20, 2018 7:30 PM

Yeah, that Chris Colfer keeps coming up in any thread about Darren gives me flashbacks to the demented shippers who were convinced they were secretly in a relationship together.

by Anonymousreply 108September 20, 2018 7:47 PM

The small amount of them, the most desperate ones still are, despite the fact that Colfer obviously hates Criss, because of his success and visibility or maybe something else. And no, he wasn’t dreaming about writing and producing only, I clearly remember his interviews at the beginning of Glee. He was talking about acting and Broadway and everything else. The Broadway ones were especially funny considering he never sings live and when he did it during their Glee concerts he was often out of key. What Broadway show would want that even in his prime.

by Anonymousreply 109September 20, 2018 8:13 PM

And only a new Broadway show, R109. He said he'd only ever originate a role on Broadway - no revivals or replacing for Colfer - because he'd be such a draw, of course.

by Anonymousreply 110September 20, 2018 9:08 PM

Colfer is salty. That part is true. But I am not him. Colfer wouldn't put DC on blast publically. Not even anonymously. Just not his way. But they did have a falling out. There's a dumb rumor that it was a romantic breakup. It was never that. Colfer was bothered that his arcs all pivoted around DC. His character was no longer a whole person, it was half of a couple. No agency. That's all. Nothing nefarious. Not jealousy like Lea and NR. Lea got pissed that all the good writing started to go to NR and that left her character with less screentime and turned her into a Mary Sue. We all know how that ended. But that's not what happened with Colfer and DC. Colfer just happened to go to producers with a request to split from DC at the same time Lea and NR got really bad, so people often think Colfer and Lea ganged up on NR and DC. Not true, but that's the impression. Colfer did not have a good relationship with the producers by the end. He stepped on some toes. Not as bad as Dianna. That was a shit show. But still bad. A Fox exec really liked DC and was pushing him for star. Darren "earned" that special treatment. Murphy did not want to cast DC again after Glee. He was worried DC would join the Murphy Ghetto. But he did anyway because he was worried DC wasn't getting any offers. And to be honest he wasn't. Things really dried up for him for a while. But now he's part of the Murphy stable so we'll see. Like I said, he's going to have to make some moves soon to escape the gravity of Ryan Murphy's gayness. Good luck to him.

by Anonymousreply 111September 20, 2018 11:08 PM

Very interesting, R111. You sound like you know what you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 112September 20, 2018 11:12 PM

[quote]he fact that Colfer obviously hates Criss, because of his success and visibility or maybe something else. And no, he wasn’t dreaming about writing and producing

The people from Glee who would go to an opening of an envelope are Darren Criss and Lea Michele. Colfer is a self-described homebody who rarely goes to events (not for the lack of invites) so visibility doesn't seem to be a priority. Like I said, these two are people who lead very different lives as celebrities,

As to the writing, ffw to 2:35, this was back in 2010.

Trolls like R109 show up like clockwork to derail the thread every time Darren Criss's habit of putting out for career is discussed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 20, 2018 11:19 PM

R111 is obviously making that shit up. Again.

by Anonymousreply 114September 21, 2018 1:06 AM

It was after Glee was over that Ryan Murphy talked about his fraternization with the cast more openly, and said several times that he was close only with a few people, mostly Lea Michele and Darren Criss.

During the promo campaign for ACS Versace, both he and Criss kept mentioning how they'd have dinners or house parties together etc.

I think some interviews even made it clear that playing Cunanan was under discussion years earlier during Glee, and was pushed or even suggested by Criss. Maybe someone here will recall if this is correct.

So I wouldn't be surprised at all if similar stories come out about Criss and Emmerich.

by Anonymousreply 115September 21, 2018 1:37 AM

So um, what would it take for Darren to throw his legs in the air and offer his hole? Asking for a friend...

by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2018 1:52 AM

An Oscar nom, R116.

If you can deliver, he'll be ass up in no time.

by Anonymousreply 117September 21, 2018 2:18 AM

Too bad for him that "Versace" wasn't made for the big screen instead of TV. He actually might have received an Oscar nod for that performance.

by Anonymousreply 118September 21, 2018 2:22 AM

Oh dear r118. The competition in the limited series category was The Alienist, Picasso, Godless, and Patrick Melrose. Not exactly a lot of high profile projecs.

The competition in the realm of movies is a whole different animal.

by Anonymousreply 119September 21, 2018 2:26 AM

Which do you think he could possibly win first? Tony, Grammy or an Oscar?

by Anonymousreply 120September 21, 2018 2:36 AM

"He actually might have received an Oscar nod for that performance."

No, he wouldn't have

by Anonymousreply 121September 21, 2018 3:18 AM

I liked Criss on Glee, but he is not an actor. He was pretty one-note as Cunanan. I thought the most compelling scenes were with the two friends he killed, and that because of the other actors.

by Anonymousreply 122September 21, 2018 2:28 PM

r122, I agree! The actors who played his friends were much better

by Anonymousreply 123September 21, 2018 10:23 PM

A wedding expected in the coming weeks/months- brace for landing

by Anonymousreply 124October 5, 2018 6:59 PM

Great comedic timing, great acting chops, great face for the big screen. I love watching him.

by Anonymousreply 125October 5, 2018 7:09 PM

R122 But if he's playing a psychopath, does it deliver the character properly to show lots of inner turmoil going on in the character? the role was very specific.

by Anonymousreply 126October 5, 2018 7:10 PM

Versace was ok, not nearly as compelling as OJ. But any role that has Darren's beautiful backside on display, I'm here for. If there was a Magic Mike 3 and he was cast, I'd be there.

I don't think Colfer is losing any sleep. Yeah, his prospects as an actor were always limited, but he's now a best-selling author. Good for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 5, 2018 8:45 PM

The only roles coming Chris's way would be as a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 128October 6, 2018 2:00 AM

DL, get your act together cause Miss Criss is winning the contest for queens raving over Bradley Cooper and ASIB.

Penning mile long love letters on social media as we speak - aka riding a future Oscar winner's coattails and campaigning to be in Bradley's next movie.

To wit:

[quote]It’s been about a month since I saw @starisbornmovie but it has still stayed with me. So in honor of its release this weekend I just wanted to post something saying how deeply moved and inspired I was by it. Everyone brought their A-Game. Of course @ladygaga is wonderful. No surprises there. And what a thrill it is to get to see a lead actress in a big blockbuster movie musical really really really sing her ass off. It makes a HELLUVA difference. I’m gonna post a separate ode to Bradley Cooper, but I’m gonna say on the record that the whole meet cute sequence is now one of my favorite film moments ever. I felt like I was watching a classic for the first time.

Now regardless of how you end up feeling about the movie, whatever issues you might have with it- all I know is that it came out TODAY and right now, I can hear people somewhere outside my window singing the songs at the top of their lungs, having a GREAT time. If that’s not the sign of an instant classic I don’t know what else is. Bravo and congrats everyone involved in #astarisborn . Special shoutout to @iammarkronson & @killrossomando , and the venerable @jasonisbell for some excellent songwriting. I can’t wait to see it again … Who’s goin with me?

[quote]The sheer feat of what Bradley Cooper pulled off with @starisbornmovie is, to me, breathtaking, and probably the most arresting thing about the film as a whole . Movie musicals have about a million booby traps set for filmmakers to get their movies totally screwed up by. They are fucking HARD to make well. There’s a reason for why they‘re such a divisive category of film. But I gotta say, I really think Bradley nailed it across the board: SUPERB directing, thoughtful writing, a grounded and compelling performance, solid songwriting, committed singing & playing- he did it ALL. I wasn’t surprised, but nonetheless deeply impressed.

Funny story: I’ve been lucky enough to have a few interactions with this guy in the past, and they were all totally cool, relaxed encounters. However, upon seeing him RIGHT after seeing the film- man, I was so blown away by what he accomplished that I mutated into a full-blown Dorkasaurus Rex. It was pretty incredible. I kinda lost my composure and started talking like someone I didn’t know. I believe the phenomenon is called being “starstruck.” Boy was I ever. I was literally rendered speechless. As I was trying to tell him how much I was moved by the film, I stepped out of my own body thinking, dude, get it together. But that’s what happens when you’ve been gobsmacked by something truly awesome. The lines of communication between how you feel and how you’d like to articulate yourself get totally short-circuited, and that’s what happened by way of the rocknroll depth charge that Bradley’s talent set off in that movie theater for me. I even took this derpy-ass picture as an exit strategy from having to hear myself speak anymore 🤦🏻‍♂️ … but despite myself, it’s nice being reminded that none of us are impervious to being awestruck. Even with people we’ve met before! People can do marvelous things, and they can blow your mind into another experience of yourself. It’s honestly why I love going to the movies. It’s a wild and inspiring feeling. So thanks for that, Bradley. You’re a total MF'n force and a true artist. Bravo and thank you for your work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 6, 2018 5:23 PM

[quote]And what a thrill it is to get to see a lead actress in a big blockbuster movie musical really really really sing her ass off. It makes a HELLUVA difference

Shading me isn't a good look, no matter how true.

by Anonymousreply 130October 6, 2018 5:36 PM

Darren looks very employable to me...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 15, 2018 12:27 AM

Haha, Word r130! Look at Darren being a catty little bitch. I immediately thought that when I read that line.

by Anonymousreply 132October 15, 2018 12:37 AM

Haven’t you heard, r48? There’s a full blown masculinity crisis. Just text “boner” to get your complimentary bottle of Turgid Male...

by Anonymousreply 133October 15, 2018 12:48 AM

R129? MARY! times a quillion!

by Anonymousreply 134October 15, 2018 12:49 AM

This thread is marvelous bitchery! I'm all for Darren and wish him all best - -!

by Anonymousreply 135October 15, 2018 12:52 AM

I honestly thought Darren was engaged just for award season and then would announce a breakup. Guess I had it wrong. Anyway, I like him a lot, and hope he gets a lot more work.

by Anonymousreply 136October 17, 2018 9:13 PM

As long as he's pantless R136

by Anonymousreply 137October 17, 2018 10:24 PM

R131, you'll always have the manips.

by Anonymousreply 138October 17, 2018 10:25 PM

God Save the Queer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 18, 2018 6:45 PM

I find his new teeth off putting...He also has clearly DUMPED THE GAYS for the warmth of the closet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 18, 2018 6:48 PM

[R140] Are they new teeth? I thought it was a combination of teeth whitening, weight loss and possibly the beard that accounts for the change in appearance.

by Anonymousreply 141October 18, 2018 7:16 PM

I see in R139 he continues to pander, trying to "outgay" the gays.

Does he at least donate to gay rights org's or just leveraging appearance fees, if anything ?

by Anonymousreply 142October 18, 2018 10:52 PM

I mean given he is only known for playing queer roles, I think he is a good thing that he embraces it r142. Best way to handle the issue, lean into it, not away from it.

by Anonymousreply 143October 18, 2018 10:55 PM

[quote]I mean given he is only known for playing queer roles

Who did he play who was "queer" rather than gay?

by Anonymousreply 144October 18, 2018 11:01 PM

Hedwig r144. I actually originally typed gay, and changed it to queer.

by Anonymousreply 145October 18, 2018 11:03 PM

R144 Hedwig?

by Anonymousreply 146October 18, 2018 11:03 PM

Yeah, I guess Hedwig counts as queer.

by Anonymousreply 147October 18, 2018 11:03 PM

I thought he played Harry Potter back in college. Did he control the owl puppet too?

by Anonymousreply 148October 18, 2018 11:05 PM

He's played as many straight guy roles (one was in a movie with Kristen? Kirsten? Wiig) but they didn't do much so he learnt the pandering lesson fast.

by Anonymousreply 149October 18, 2018 11:20 PM

[R142] I just read an article about last night's GLAAD event that the God Save the Queer shirt is from, and he pledged $5000.

by Anonymousreply 150October 19, 2018 12:05 AM

Jaysis, his Star Is Born gushings made me visibly cringe.

by Anonymousreply 151October 19, 2018 12:09 AM

It must have been hard to type all that with his head completely inserted in Bradley Cooper's ass.

by Anonymousreply 152October 19, 2018 12:42 AM

Don't think so, I've heard Coop's ass is very accommodating.

by Anonymousreply 153October 19, 2018 12:46 AM

The production is already shooting in Montreal.

Quebecois extras, feel free to bring gossip about this sausage fest.

by Anonymousreply 154October 21, 2018 10:11 PM

R4, yikes! that image is very telling!

by Anonymousreply 155October 21, 2018 10:16 PM

What is filming in Montreal?

by Anonymousreply 156October 22, 2018 2:28 AM

The Emmerich movie, Midway. Luke Evans has been there since early October.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 22, 2018 5:29 AM

Roland Emmerich IS gay & out.

by Anonymousreply 158October 22, 2018 5:49 AM

I bet a lot of rentboys in Montreal are getting rich!

by Anonymousreply 159October 22, 2018 4:10 PM

Darren's already wrapped on Midway. He must not have a big role.

by Anonymousreply 160October 23, 2018 1:30 AM

Damn he must be in it for only a few minutes at best.

by Anonymousreply 161October 23, 2018 1:43 AM

It's a war movie, somebody has to die.

by Anonymousreply 162October 23, 2018 2:14 AM

He's playing a real person who died in the war so....

by Anonymousreply 163October 23, 2018 2:25 AM

[quote]Damn he must be in it for only a few minutes at best.

Off to my next 50+ yo gay bene--- director, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 164October 23, 2018 3:29 AM

^ Has anyone introduced him to Joel Schumacher?

by Anonymousreply 165October 23, 2018 3:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!