Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kirstie Alley Shoots Down John Travolta Gay Rumors

The actress famously co-starred alongside John Travolta in Look Who's Talking back in 1989. Behind the scenes, according to Alley, they fell in love with each other—but didn't physically act on their feelings.

"It wasn't a sexual relationship because I'm not going to cheat on my husband. But, you know I think there are things that are way worse than sexual relationships, than cheating on someone that way because I consider what I did even worse because I actually let myself fall in love with him and stay in love with him for a long time," the star explained to Dan Wootton in an interview for his eponymous podcast.

As Alley described, she was married to then-husband Parker Stevenson while Travolta dated his now-wife Kelly Preston before they crossed paths for Look Who's Talking.

"He had dated Kelly Preston before he did Look Who's Talking with me and then I would say he would agree that it was mutual that we sort of fell in love with each other," she told Wootton. "When it became very apparent that I wasn't going anywhere, I was staying married…and then he started seeing Kelly again."

While Alley even gave Travolta her stamp of approval on Preston, she admitted that she flirted with him "like crazy" on their second movie together—and his new wife noticed. "Kelly came up to me and she said uh—and they were married then—she said, 'Um, why are you flirting with my husband?'"

As Alley continued, "That was sort of when I had to make a decision—are you going to be this girl that's not only married, but he's now married and just flirting in a way…you're still acting like you're together somehow when you're not. It was sort of kooky...so I made the decision and that was pretty much the end of that."

The actress considers making that decision as one of the hardest in her life. "I knew I had to make a decision, too—I'm either going to be this creepy girl who flirts with her husband…I just had to make a decision. Are you going to be that girl or are you going to have these guys as friends and have that kind of life?" she told Wootton. "I will say it's one of the hardest things I've ever done…the hardest decision—one of the hardest decisions I've had to make because I was madly in love with him."

While discussing the Grease and Saturday Night Fever legend, Wootton pointed out that Alley must not believe the rumors that Travolta is gay. In 2012, several men filed since-dismissed lawsuits against the actor, accusing him of sexual misconduct. Travolta denied all the allegations.

"No, I don't," Alley answered. "I mean, I know him pretty well—and I know the love."

The comment echoes a previous rebuttal she gave years ago to Barbara Walters.

"I know John with all my heart and soul; he's not gay," Alley told her in a 2012 interview. "I think in some weird way, in Hollywood, if someone gets big enough and famous enough, and they're not out doing drugs and they're not womanizing, what do you say about them?"

While discussing a lawsuit from a man who claimed to have had a romantic relationship with him, Travolta told The Daily Beast, "This is every celebrity's Achilles heel. It's just about people wanting money. That's all. It happens on many levels."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2020 8:32 PM

Bwaaahaaa

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2018 4:31 PM

JESUS CHRIST

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2018 4:35 PM

Being in a cult, and an alcoholic, must be really horrible.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2018 4:35 PM

Those words are babble from up a blind Alley.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2018 4:38 PM

Tell em, Sister!

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2018 4:38 PM

Jesus! Kirstie, no one believes you and it makes you come off as even crazier than we already thought you were. You're spinning a narrative to make yourself look like a cheating whore so that you're friend can fend off gay rumors. I gotta admit, Kirstie must be a damn good friend. I'd want someone like her in my corner for sure. She's not giving up.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2018 5:32 PM

They are all beyond help in that cult.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2018 5:33 PM

1989 - Wow, I remember watching them while making the movie, Look Who's Talking, in an alley in Yaletown. That's like almost 30 years ago. . .

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2018 5:40 PM

Didn’t she say she had the same true-but-unconsummated love affair with Patrick Swayze in that Civil War miniseries too?

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2018 5:43 PM

Parker Stevenson is gay as a goose. A male friend of mine dated him many years ago.

And she KNOWS Travolta is gay, as does everyone in Hollywood and all over the globe. On the other hand, the fact that she's a clam and a Trump supporter means Alley is easily fooled and prone to playing fast and loose with facts.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2018 6:02 PM

It is humbling when one closet case defends another.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2018 6:07 PM

"Kirstie Alley is not fat, and never has been. I know what real fatness is."

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2018 6:17 PM

Parker is gay?! Now that’s one I haven’t heard before!

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2018 6:26 PM

Kirstie would probably be a happier and overall better person if she just did a line of coke once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2018 7:37 PM

So it's official, ALL trumpsters are liars.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2018 7:45 PM

Wow, no one told Carrie Fisher ...

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2018 7:47 PM

Ha! Carrie Fisher is the voice of truth!

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2018 7:50 PM

I'm a Catholic and even I think this is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2018 7:50 PM

Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2020 4:09 AM

R12 LOL

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2020 9:49 AM

LOL she thinks she's such fucking hot shit in that picture. All while she reminisced on how straight Travolta is.

by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2020 9:51 AM

She hates gays. She went off on Twitter recently calling someone a fag, etc.

by Anonymousreply 22April 14, 2020 9:52 AM

She will say any thing, she is just another Roseanne Barr. She is a nut.

by Anonymousreply 23April 14, 2020 10:20 AM

Kirstie was great as a contestant on The Match Game.

by Anonymousreply 24April 14, 2020 10:29 AM

Her cult probably brainwashed her to say this. Hell, they might have brainwashed her into actually believing it too.

by Anonymousreply 25April 14, 2020 11:34 AM

Maybe Scientology gives her a rebate for spouting crap like this. But thank Xenu she was faithful to her homo husband.

Thanks for distracting us during these difficult times, Kirstie.

by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2020 8:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!