Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tell me about Blue Chairs Puerto Vallarta...

BF and I are considering a last minute-ish jaunt over to PV in November. Great deals on this place right now and I’m intrigued given its central location in Zona Romántica. We’ve never been ourselves and just want to lounge by the pool and beach and frolic about the nightlife for a few days. Unfortunately, the hotel itself has horrible reviews. Can anyone shed some light and/or offer similar recommendations?

Not looking for the luxe experience this time around. I’m certain Casa Cupula will be recommended but it looks stuffy and small, including the pool, and set in from the beach.

We’re in our 40s. Not models but not grotesque either. Both friendly and outgoing but not scene types, if that helps with the demographics of any recommendations.

by Anonymousreply 39December 27, 2018 11:36 PM

Blue Chairs is gross. Keeping searching. The Mantamar beach club in front of blue chairs is where you'll hang during the day.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2018 1:01 AM

The low prices are due to the State Department warnings about traveling there due to high crime and lack of police response. There are reports of random druggings at resorts, and financial shakedowns at hospitals as well.

Live the dream, OP!

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2018 1:14 AM

[quote] We’ve never been ourselves and just want to lounge by the pool....

I hope you'll be able to be yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2018 1:27 AM

PV has been considered pretty safe for a while now. This from the State Dept. The large state of Jalisco has some bad areas but PV is fine, Just stay in town.

"There are no restrictions on U.S. government employees for stays in the following tourist areas in Jalisco state: Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Chapala, and Ajijic.

Casa Cupola is nice. This place is supposed to be fun.

Renting a condo has been our preferred way for the past 10 years or so. Reasonable and fabulous places facing the ocean with pools.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2018 1:31 AM

PV has been a piece of shit for years, only Acapulco is worse.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2018 1:34 AM

Acapulco is now occasionally festooned with heads and a few bodies hanging from bridges. And shootouts in town. No es bueno.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2018 2:00 AM

[quote] BF and I are considering a last minute-ish jaunt over to PV in November

No, you're not. You only want to stalk a place of business online and write bogus reviews using homophobic and hate language.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2018 2:15 AM

Cupulw isn’t stuffy. It’s very nice with pleasant people. It’s a little set in from the beach, but it’s woth it to me to be done there get is clean and friemdly.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2018 2:20 AM

OP, you can go to the Blue Chairs and partake in every thing it has (beach front, happy hour, parties) without having to stay there.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2018 2:49 AM

The gay-oriented hotels right over Blue Chairs (or Green Chairs next door) are not very nice. Forget about going to your room mid-afternoon for a siesta since the blaring (and competing) disco music will make sleep impossible. Loud drunks in and around those hotels until the wee hours.

Agree with R9, you can spend the day there, but don't need to stay there. There are lots of other places 5 minutes away by foot which will be a lot more pleasant. Renting a condo via VRBO is a reasonable option to a hotel.

PV is very safe and very friendly. I go twice a year.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2018 3:08 AM

PV is safe as can be.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2018 4:02 AM

Enough with the hotel nonsense - tell us about the pinga!

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2018 4:17 AM

OP here.

Thanks for everyone’s input. Looking forward to Casa Cupula.

Very close second were a few Mr BnB spots.

For the first time around we didn’t want to do a condo. We’re in Palm Springs a few times a year and do like the camaraderie of gay resorts, the recommendations from other LGBT travelers, and serendipitous get togethers/outings.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2018 12:33 AM

Puerto Vallarta used to be a great little gay town in the 90s/early 00s. All the closeted European men would flock there to whore it up. Germans, Spanish, Greeks, French, you name it. I remember as a kid going to the beach to spy on the gorgeous men having sex by the rocks.

It's too bad Mexico has fallen into a pit. It used to be so much fun. : (

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2018 12:39 AM

I use to stay at the Hotel Tropicana. Nice place. Down the road from Blue Chairs.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2018 2:32 AM

[quote]Enough with the hotel nonsense - tell us about the pinga!

Mexicans say "verga," not "pinga."

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2018 4:13 AM

Verga. Pinga. Just tell us-a!

by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2018 6:26 AM

Going there this weekend . Tips for cock?

How are the strippers at anthropolgie?

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2018 8:04 PM

What an odd response, R7. I had to re-read OP and saw nothing to merit what you typed.

by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2018 8:15 PM

OP, Sapphire Beach Club, a few hundred yards north of both Blue Chairs / Green Chairs, is geared towards an older crowd. It's quieter, better food, attentive service, and clean facilities. The daily rate is a few bucks more than BC /GC but worth it. I'll be in PV this weekend and will report back to DL.

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2018 8:21 PM

Do people still win trips there on game shows. that's usually a good sign that some place is "yesterday".

by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2018 8:31 PM

R21, do you mean the "place is yesterday" if they no longer offer it on game shows... or if they DO offer it game shows?

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2018 1:30 AM

R22: You're awfully concrete. Places that are offered on game shows are past their prime.

by Anonymousreply 23December 13, 2018 1:32 AM

OP, don't mess around with MX, just now. Think about Newport Beach or Laguna.

by Anonymousreply 24December 13, 2018 1:33 AM

r24 Those places aren't warm enough. Maybe Hawaii, though.

by Anonymousreply 25December 13, 2018 3:37 AM

^^ Good choice -

by Anonymousreply 26December 13, 2018 3:46 AM

Steve Grand today looking mighty fine at Blue Chairs, out promoting his one-man show in PV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 24, 2018 2:28 AM

R14 The eurotrash stopped coming there years ago, Aunt Marnie. They’ve been going to Cuba, DR and Thailand for at least a decade. You should get a new Spartacus or something.

The Canadians come to PVR because they get all inclusive deals: airfare and hotel at some stunningly low rates. Sure, they wind up at some of the unspeakable shit holes that are famous for the all night drunkfests up and down the hallways and the warnings of “leave nothing you don’t mind the staff taking. TIA”.

The distinction is thus: Americans will stay in all the Viejo Vallarta hotels from the Zona Romantica up to Gringo Gulch and not think twice. We’ll speak English, Spanish, Spanglish, Broken Spanish, Tex Mex and Spanish. Tranquilo, baby! The anglophone Canadians are totally freaked out by Spanish and won’t - they demand to see an ENGLISH MENU in all restaurants, and their package deals put them in hotels where english is spoken.

Nobody stays in Nueva Vallarta except agricultural breeder projects staying at the all-inclusive resorts. Go, you midwestern cows, sheeps and pigs. Begone with you.

by Anonymousreply 28December 24, 2018 3:16 AM

No Puerto Vallarta is still a good place but is starting to become Miami light, but Tulum and Isla Del Carmen (on the Eastern Coast of Mexico) are now becoming the preferred choice. The Germans, Dutch, and Russians are quickly going there...ugh. Plus there is a lot of Cuban and Dominican Pinga in that part of Mexico.

If you want Franco-Mexicans PV is still the way to go. Plus is gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 29December 24, 2018 3:29 AM

I thought Cozumel made it "yesterday" 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 30December 24, 2018 3:34 AM

[quote]Steve Grand today looking mighty fine at Blue Chairs, out promoting his one-man show in PV.

Is he going to be stripping?

by Anonymousreply 31December 24, 2018 3:34 AM

Blue Chairs is gross. You can have a decent time in PV but I think it’s way overhyped and a hassle. I much prefer the Caribbean - and it seems safer and cleaner. PV is too crowded to be truly beautiful but for food and bars, it’s better than most of Mexico. I prefer a week in San Diego though. Beautiful sunsets and warmth - but First World safety and ease. PV seems a little like Sandals for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 32December 24, 2018 4:10 AM

I used Sapphire Club during the day when there last year. It's a nice set up. Less thumpa thumpa music than Blue Chairs.

by Anonymousreply 33December 24, 2018 4:11 AM

Mantamar is the new Blue Chairs - nicer and beachfront.

by Anonymousreply 34December 24, 2018 4:20 AM

I'm here in PV now and have been coming for many years. Mantamar has the younger crowd; Green Chairs has the middle aged and older crowd; Blue Chairs has the local crowd; and Sapphire has a slightly older, more affluent crowd. Something for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 35December 24, 2018 1:59 PM

Thr place is a shithole. Overpriced, crime ridden, mediocre food, dirty beaches that stink. When your not dodging pieces of shit in the surf you are stepping over tampon applicators in the sand. A lot of work to see some pinga. So many better places to visit in Mexico. So many better places to hang out with the gays.

by Anonymousreply 36December 24, 2018 2:41 PM

Like where, R36?

by Anonymousreply 37December 27, 2018 11:21 PM

Mexico City is a great place to visit if you are looking for a gay nightlife.

by Anonymousreply 38December 27, 2018 11:27 PM

its a nasty diseased place

be careful

by Anonymousreply 39December 27, 2018 11:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!