Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Debra Messing Tells Susan Sarandon to 'STFU'

Debra Messing and Susan Sarandon have famously (and publicly) feuded in the past, and now Debra is not happy with some comments Susan recently made about Trump‘s presidency.

Variety posted a video to Twitter in which Susan says that Trump has “unintentionally energized” women and people of color to run for office. “I think 40% more women are running for office….This is a revolution. Maybe things had to get so bad before real change actually could happen. We just have to stay awake,” she said.

Well, Debra didn’t like these comments and she took to Twitter to share her thoughts.

Debra Messing ✔ @DebraMessing STFU SUSAN. Oh yes, PLEASE let’s give Trump CREDIT. I mean how else are you able to walk out on the street. Convince yourself that that this CATASTROPHE of a President who you said was better that HRC IS NOT ripping children away from parents seeking asylum, holding children

Replying to @DebraMessing INDEFINITELY in internment camps with their new policy, DESTROYING all attempts to protect our environment (yes the water you properted to care about), endangered animals, taking away women’s ACCESS to health care and legal abortion, trying to block POC from Voting with extreme

Debra Messing ✔ @DebraMessing Replying to @DebraMessing Trump. Only a self righteous, narcissist would continue to spout off and not - in the face of Americans’ pain and agony -be contrite and apologize for your part in this catastrophe. But, you do you Susan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 5, 2018 7:41 PM

Team Messing here!

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2018 8:05 PM

Isn't Debra Messing a Conservative?

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2018 8:06 PM

Deb is really messing in her pants right now.

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2018 8:07 PM

Replying to @DebraMessing Judges who will support jerrymandering efforts, not to mention destroying ALL good will and allied relationships across the Globe. Oh, and lest you forget Syria, Crimea, and putting PRO-RUSSIA agenda BEFORE the United States best interests. YES, do go on

Debra Messing ✔ @DebraMessing And LAUD the effect Trump has had. Out of DESPERATION & PANIC for the DESTRUCTION of the Soul of our country. But you don’t want to look at THAT part of the equation. Because then you’d have to admit you were dead WRONG running around bellowing that HRC was more dangerous than

12:48 PM - Sep 12, 2018 780 96 people are talking about this Twitter Ads info and privacy

Debra Messing ✔ @DebraMessing Replying to @DebraMessing Trump. Only a self righteous, narcissist would continue to spout off and not - in the face of Americans’ pain and agony -be contrite and apologize for your part in this catastrophe. But, you do you Susan.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2018 8:07 PM

Is that how you play, R2?

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2018 8:08 PM

When did Sarandon become so tedious and hypocritical?

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2018 8:08 PM

Hardly, r2

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2018 8:08 PM

Ladies, you are both attention seeking morons.

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2018 8:09 PM

Can we have them both STFU?

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2018 8:09 PM

I love her for this.

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2018 8:10 PM

No, we can't, R9.

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2018 8:10 PM

They would be the ultimate Lip Synch Battle.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2018 8:10 PM

Aw. Looks like the BernieBros got their widdle feefees hurt by Deb Messing's tweets.

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2018 8:10 PM

Has anyone been on Debra Messing's Twitter account? It's political posts all day, every day. Always worrying to see someone that obsessed with anything.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2018 8:11 PM

Another Team Messing here. Go, Deb! Read Sarandon for the filth that she is.

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2018 8:11 PM

I'd have more respect for what Deb messing is saying if she was doing anything but tweeting her outrage at fellow celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2018 8:11 PM

[R7] Hardly, [R2] —Anonymous

Thanks for the response. I'm confusing her with some other TV actress, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2018 8:12 PM

I was never a fan of Messing but now I love her. Take that hypocritical cunt down Deborah!

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2018 8:15 PM

Go Messing! Saxrandon is a self righteous twit. Fuck her right in the ass, Deb!

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2018 8:17 PM

Susan Sarandon could break Deb in half

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2018 8:17 PM

R20 Unlikely, Sarandon is 71 years old.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2018 8:22 PM

Ageism R21.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2018 8:33 PM

If you read Susan's comments back to Debra, Debra sounds like a raving lunatic. Susan calmly tells Debra to read the article and what Debra is talking about is not what Susan said. Debra needs to tone down her hysterics.

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2018 8:40 PM

Sarandon is insufferable. More people need to insist she stfu and go away.

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2018 8:45 PM

I have no respect for either. It's so convenient to tweet from behind the safety of your wealth, influence and privilege. Slinging mud at Trump on Twitter does nothing but show you to be the fat whore that you are. And Sarandon shows up at political rallies just for the attention whoring. She never says anything practical. It's easy to make speeches. It's much harder to actually DO something.

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2018 8:46 PM

I hate both of them. I suppose that makes me a bad person, but it feels soooooo good.

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2018 8:51 PM

Totally team Messing.

Sarandon is a self-righteous piece of crap.

Messing has earned my respect a lot more than she did on W&G.

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2018 8:52 PM

Who are these people?

by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2018 8:55 PM

I'm not entirely happy with Sarandon, but aren't people overreacting?

She has been a liberal activist for her whole career.

I think her point is that something positive can come out of the Trump mess. Trump is reawakening Democrats to come out and actually vote this year and stand up against him.

by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2018 8:55 PM

R14, I’m worried about anyone who’s not obsessed with politics at the current time.

by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2018 8:55 PM

R29 Get out of DL with that logic and thinking and reasoning.

by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2018 9:54 PM

I like Tim Robbins more an more. And he is a known douche.

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2018 9:56 PM

Deb Messing needs to learn how to spell.

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2018 9:59 PM

[quote]Trump is reawakening Democrats to come out and actually vote this year and stand up against him.

As opposed to Sarandon, who encouraged people to vote for Sanders, Stein, or even Trump instead of Hillary? I'm sure all of the people who are going to lose rights under Kavanaugh's Supreme Court are just pleased as pie that Sarandon has... what, principles? I'm sure all of the species that are going to go extinct thanks to Trump's gutting of the EPA and giving huge tax breaks to coal mining COMPANIES (not the miners, who might as well just go ahead and die already, at least according to Trump), fracking companies, and other destroyers of the environment... right? I'm sure that all of the laid off and jobless manufacturing employees are truly grateful for Trump's handing huge tax incentives for offshoring their jobs... it goes without saying. And let's not forget all of the Americans in Puerto Rico who, a year later, are still doing without electricity and running water, because, hey, they're brown, just like all those babies ripped from their mother's teats at the border because we all *know* they're going to steal our jobs... if they could only hurry up and grow up, learn to read and write, and get a job assembling cars.

I know Sarandon isn't the sole reason that Hillary lost; she's just one of the many, many actors (not in the Hollywood sense, the general sense) that helped shape the narrative that defeated Hillary. Sarandon gave educated women the rationale for not voting for Hillary. Sarandon contributed to the mischaracterization that Hillary was corrupt, or a war-monger, or any of the other dozens of epithets that were thrown at her (and yet, somehow, despite being the truth, never get thrown at Trump). And it was Sarandon who, just prior to the election, told people that a Trump presidency (((shudder, still))) wouldn't be so bad. Well, aside from the graft, greed, corruption, ineptitude, filling the swamp with actual swamp creatures, and making the United States the laughing stock of the world... yeah, Sarandon is just a fuckin' peach.

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2018 10:17 PM

I'm not at the point where I can see anything positive about Trump being elected. And it's going to be even worse next year, when the Brett M. Kavanaugh Supreme Court starts issuing some truly horrendous rulings.

I think Susan could have actually redeemed herself if she had said, "You know, I still really hate her guts, but HRC would have been SOOOO much better than Trump!"

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2018 10:18 PM

I want to see a Nicki/Cardi style fight between them at the Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2018 10:23 PM

Damn. Debra looks fierce! ❤️

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2018 11:12 PM

[quote]When did Sarandon become so tedious and hypocritical?

Oddly enough, it was the exact same day her tits hit her knees.

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2018 11:17 PM

Messing is basically every Facebook friend I have in Weho whenever they talk politics. Eaux the Outrage! Self-indulgence.

Some people really do need to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2018 11:21 PM

Messing is an idiot. Of course Trump has energized the left. Or should we give Hillary credit?

by Anonymousreply 40September 12, 2018 11:25 PM

Go Deb! Let that bug-eyed cunt have it, but good!

by Anonymousreply 41September 12, 2018 11:31 PM

I know a woman a lot like Sarandon. She identifies as liberal and fancies herself as an intellectual. She's liberal to the core as long as it makes her feel like she's going against the grain and a badass, bit once those views become more commonplace (because fascists) she starts getting all devil's advocate for shock value.

She's tedious.

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2018 12:35 AM

[quote] Messing is an idiot. Of course Trump has energized the left. Or should we give Hillary credit?

That is not the point. The left could have energized under Clinton, too, with none of the damage that this administration is doing.

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2018 12:39 AM

So... Messing's personal assistant who is a political junkie is feuding with Sarandon's personal assistant who is a flatulent badger high on shrooms. Fine.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2018 12:46 AM

Sarandon is a total bitch. Go Deb!

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2018 12:49 AM

Come on, I loved her in "Victor/Victoria" R45.

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2018 12:51 AM

Pretty hard to see the upside when 45 is also INTENTIONALLY making it harder for people of colour to vote. The gains of being "energized" don't amount to much if your government is actively working to disenfranchize you and limit your access to education, health care and a living wage.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2018 12:59 AM

[quote]Susan calmly tells Debra to read the article and what Debra is talking about is not what Susan said.

That's Susan's standard defense whenever she is confronted. The other side doesn't know what they're talking about, that she was misquoted, blah, blah. Of course she never goes into what exactly it was that they got wrong. But she's always the victim.

Anyone who bitches about the term "White privilege" needs to read that article. That is why people use that term.

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2018 1:01 AM

Why is it SO hard for Debra and her ilk to accept that other people actually have the right to their own opinions?

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2018 1:08 AM

centrists: stop talking about Hillary, she's a private citizen, get over it

also centrists: WE MUST BULLY AND SHAME SUSAN SARANDON UNTIL END TIMES OR THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE SIGNAL HUMANITY'S ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION. IT'S THE ONLY RIGHT THING TO DO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2018 1:13 AM

Imagine genuinely believing that Susan Sarandon influenced literally anyone's vote in the 2016 election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2018 1:14 AM

She didn't influence anyone's vote.

But an idiot is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2018 1:16 AM

Remember how condescending and rude she was to Dolores Huerta, a REAL "liberal activist," at the Nevada caucus?

by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2018 1:24 AM

I’m waiting for Carrot Top to weigh in.

by Anonymousreply 54September 13, 2018 1:24 AM

Hmmm, that's like thanking cancer because you're losing weight.

by Anonymousreply 55September 13, 2018 1:32 AM

This makes me love Messing more and despise Sarandon more.

by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2018 2:17 AM

I turn the channel if Sarandon shows up. I used to like her. She's a self-important narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 57September 13, 2018 2:26 AM

[Quote]I'm not at the point where I can see anything positive about Trump being elected.

Perhaps you, R35, haven’t read the threads and other posts about the 2018 midterm elections.

by Anonymousreply 58September 13, 2018 2:41 AM

[Italic]QFT![/Italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 13, 2018 2:48 AM

Love Susan as an actress but.....team Messing!

by Anonymousreply 60September 13, 2018 2:53 AM

[quote] jerrymandering efforts

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 61September 13, 2018 2:58 AM

Susan has early dementia.

by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2018 3:03 AM

"Why is it SO hard for Debra and her ilk to accept that other people actually have the right to their own opinions?"

Why is it so hard for you to understand that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from criticism?

by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2018 3:07 AM

Good point, R63!

The following video shows why Debra Messing has poor judgment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 13, 2018 3:37 AM

r64 = freeper

by Anonymousreply 65September 13, 2018 4:05 AM

Correct, R65. On block.

by Anonymousreply 66September 13, 2018 4:15 AM

Messing is WOKE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2018 5:02 AM

I can't read r64.

It must be a freeper.

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2018 5:07 AM

Who is that cunt?

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2018 5:08 AM

I'm with Debra Messing.

Susan Sarandon is just the fucking WORST.

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2018 5:12 AM

Susan's comments weren't just 'expressing an opinion', they were grotesquely clueless and arrogant and ignorant and privileged and terrible and awful and shows her to be a rotten, self-absorbed sociopath.

Fuck Susan Sarandon, and fuck anyone defending that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2018 5:13 AM

I knew All the militant lesbians were going to post on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2018 5:20 AM

R72 is a Russian bot.

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2018 5:23 AM

[quote]I'm not entirely happy with Sarandon, but aren't people overreacting?

She's been screaming into the faces of actual activists, using her fame to tell people to not vote Dem, going to the DNC convention to make faces and try to disrupt the process, and makes the rounds every election cycle as some kind of expert when a she's doing is lining hwr pockets.

You're insane if you don't think people will speak out against that.

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2018 6:19 AM

She's a saggy titted dried up old cunt. Team Deb.

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2018 6:28 AM

Team Debra Messing all the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2018 10:55 AM

Sarandon has the energy of an angry woman who had too many abortions.

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2018 11:07 AM

I am not a violent person but if I ever saw her on the street, I would happy take the arrest and misdemeanor assault charge if I was able to get one good bitch slap in. I’d try my best to knock that bitch’s dentures out, though I think because of her advanced age and decrepitude I’d be charged with a felony for elder abuse.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2018 12:05 PM

You are a violent person, if you would do that.

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2018 12:10 PM

every tweet to Sarandon should start with STFU Susan.

by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2018 12:16 PM

Susan Sarandon needs to STFU. Period.

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2018 12:18 PM

[quote] "Without syphilis we wouldn't have penicillin. You're welcome for syphilis!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 13, 2018 12:26 PM

Good for Debra, fuck Sarandon.

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2018 12:29 PM

Susan openly told people to vote for Trump so "the revolution could occur" so fuck her and everybody who tries to defend the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2018 12:32 PM

"STFU Susan" should be the new "Bye Felicia!"

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2018 1:51 PM

Let's just say that Sarandon is never going to be a guest star on Will & Grace and leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2018 1:56 PM

Let's not r86, that lets that Sarandon cunt off way too easily.

I for one will never not hate her for what she said in 2016, and I know I'm not alone.

by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2018 1:59 PM

Susan probably has twice the IQ of Debra.

by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2018 2:00 PM

And yet, she's far more stupid, R88. Far, far more.

by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2018 2:03 PM

Exactly, R87, I feel the same way too.

by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2018 2:18 PM

"Sarandon has the energy of an angry woman who had too many abortions."

What do abortions have to do with anything? Are you a freeper?

by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2018 3:04 PM

Debra has never forgiven Sarandon this own from last year:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2018 3:10 PM

[quote]Susan probably has twice the IQ of Debra.

And you think that based on...?

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2018 3:21 PM

Debra is hilariously retarded.

In 2016 she said that if Bernie stopped campaigning, the government wouldn't need to pay for his security service (which is true) and would thus have more money to give to the families of the Orlando massacre (which is an amusing non sequitur).

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2018 3:29 PM

[quote]Remember how condescending and rude she was to Dolores Huerta, a REAL "liberal activist," at the Nevada caucus?

Remember that, according to both video evidence and the Snopes fact checking website, Dolores Huerta is a liar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2018 3:32 PM

r94, you sound pretty retarded yourself

by Anonymousreply 96September 13, 2018 3:32 PM

Forget slapping Susan. Kick her in the cunt, and hope your foot doesn't get stuck.

by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2018 3:36 PM

r96 Aw, are you mad that now even you think she's stupid?

You shouldn't be so surprised - you can tell her low IQ just by looking at her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2018 3:39 PM

r98, I bet your face looks pretty stupid. I'm guessing you look like Mitch McConnell's inbred cousin

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2018 3:43 PM

Debra has an interesting nose for an Ashkenazi Jew. Nose job?

by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2018 3:45 PM

Why, yes! Nose job!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2018 3:45 PM

Susan Sarandon is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2018 3:46 PM

Why does every thread turn into a shitfest?

by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2018 3:48 PM

Messy Messing needs a spelling lesson.

"jerrymander"

"perport"

Dumb virtue signalling cunt.

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2018 3:53 PM

Go Miss Messing...

by Anonymousreply 105September 13, 2018 3:53 PM

I eat piles of shit.

by Anonymousreply 106September 13, 2018 3:57 PM

R101 it looks good.

R103 because politics.

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2018 3:59 PM

r104 is Karen Walker

by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2018 4:00 PM

r106 is Karen Walker

by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2018 4:04 PM

"Dumb virtue signalling cunt."

Only dumb people use the term "virtue signalling"

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2018 4:05 PM

I love my husband but I cheat on him with r104 because that part of me that loves to bottom can't be fully satisfied with my partner's tiny dick.

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2018 4:15 PM

Unfortunately R107 it happens on almost every thread and it doesn't make any difference what the topic is.

by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2018 4:16 PM

r14 Fake concern trolls, ugh

by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2018 4:16 PM

Just fell in love with Messing. Anyone who tells Sarandon to STFU is good in my books.

by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2018 4:17 PM

Who gives a shit about rich bitch Debra or Susan?

by Anonymousreply 115September 13, 2018 4:18 PM

r104 OMG! She's really as stupid as her moronic facial expressions suggest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 13, 2018 4:22 PM

Debra in 15 years:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 13, 2018 4:23 PM

It stands to reason 𝑪𝒐𝒌𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒎 would have anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 118September 13, 2018 4:26 PM

Does anyone of sense actually care what show biz people think about politics?

Of course, they have a right to their opinion and the right to express it, but do any of these people and their opinions matter at all?

Does anyone really cast their vote while thinking "Well, DeNiro told me to."

I'm not sure when this all started. There were sometimes show biz people in the background and some who entered politics (George Murphy was one of the first, I think). But when did the huge numbers of this group become so important? Or did they? Is it just a story?

Frankly, I don't care what either of these women say or think. It's rather a "whatever", for me.

It's too bad that more people don't just ignore them, aside from their performances.

by Anonymousreply 119September 13, 2018 5:03 PM

[quote]The left could have energized under Clinton

People feel energized in the mid-terms when they're unsatisfied with the Presidency. That is what explains the pro-Democrat results in 2006 and the pro-GOP outcome in 2014.

If anyone would feel energized for the 2018 mid-terms, under a hypothetical President Hillary, it would be the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 120September 13, 2018 5:12 PM

[quote] People feel energized in the mid-terms when they're unsatisfied with the Presidency. That is what explains the pro-Democrat results in 2006 and the pro-GOP outcome in 2014.

2006 - Bush's second term and a Democratic takeover of the Republican Congress. So, a different situation than if Clinton were in the WH now (first term, Republican Congress).

2014 - Obama's second term. The Republicans flipped the Senate and increased their lead in the House. Again, not the same situation that we have now with Republicans owning both the House and the Senate.

[quote]If anyone would feel energized for the 2018 mid-terms, under a hypothetical President Hillary, it would be the GOP.

Your examples do not reflect the situation we have today, at all.

by Anonymousreply 121September 13, 2018 6:17 PM

r121 Is there a rule that a President can only face a backlash in the mid-terms if he's on his second term? I don't think so. The problem that Trump is facing right now, is that the backlash came much earlier compared to other, more normal Presidents.

Several analysts have said it is a possibility that the mid terms will favor the Democrats as a result of voter backlash against Trump. And from what I remember, many on DL have been expecting and hoping such a backlash to happen now.

But because Sarandon has made this same point right now, you people need to pretend that she doesn't know what she's talking about and that such things never happen in the first term. I can't tell you how deranged you people are that you shift your beliefs and hopes like that just so you can contradict some elderly actress who doesn't even know of you.

by Anonymousreply 122September 13, 2018 6:29 PM

[quote][R121] Is there a rule that a President can only face a backlash in the mid-terms if he's on his second term? I don't think so.

No, it's not a rule, but that doesn't exclude the fact that you produced a theory that has no basis in practice so far.

[quote]But because Sarandon has made this same point right now, you people need to pretend that she doesn't know what she's talking about and that such things never happen in the first term.

What we are talking about is encouraging people to vote against the candidate that was the only realistic opposition to tRump in the general election (let’s forget primaries for now), ignoring what the price will have to be paid for such a vote - a setback that will take generations to undo.

[quote]I can't tell you how deranged you people are

OK, we are deranged. How I am supposed to converse with you now that you deemed me unfit for conversation?

[quote]that you shift your beliefs and hopes like that just so you can contradict some elderly actress who doesn't even know of you.

You mean like you produced a theory at R120 to fit your beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 123September 13, 2018 7:01 PM

R123 You give Susan a lot of credit that she could sway so many people that Hillary lost. There were many people sounding the alarm that Hillary could not beat Trump and you guys didn't listen. Hillary's diehard supporters didn't care about her unlikability numbers with potential voters and that was a mistake. You can say at the top of your lungs she was the most qualified, but a lot of people hated her so much they would never have voted for her. And Hillary getting the nomination felt more like a coronation than an election.

by Anonymousreply 124September 13, 2018 7:23 PM

[quote][R123] You give Susan a lot of credit that she could sway so many people that Hillary lost.

No, that is not what I said at all. I said that Sarandon [bold]encouraged people to not vote for only real opposition to tRump in the general. [/bold] Whether she influenced votes or not is not relevant to the point I was making.

[quote] There were many people sounding the alarm that Hillary could not beat Trump and [bold]you guys didn't listen[/bold].

I remember these threats from Bernie Bros during the primaries - if you don't listen to us, you will pay for it. Basically, we just want to stick it to the Clintons and the Democratic Party. Never mind the chaos and the hurt that will come out of it.

[quote]Hillary's diehard supporters didn't care about her unlikability numbers with potential voters and that was a mistake. You can say at the top of your lungs she was the most qualified, but a lot of people hated her so much they would never have voted for her.

Again, you are now going back to the primaries, which has nothing to do with what Messing said or the basis for this thread.

Only an eight year old would base a political vote on a candidate's likeability. You are not a child, are you?

[quote]And Hillary getting the nomination [bold]felt[/bold] more like a coronation than an election.

This is typical for people who experience politics emotionally. Explains the insults you've been throwing around in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 125September 13, 2018 7:32 PM

To the Sarandon defender - no life lost, and lives have been lost, is worth the carnage you preferred to a good, however unlikeable (?), candidate.

by Anonymousreply 126September 13, 2018 7:40 PM

You're an idiot R125.

by Anonymousreply 127September 13, 2018 7:43 PM

[quote] You're an idiot [R125].

I guess when you can't argue your point you start lashing out.

Thanks for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 128September 13, 2018 7:45 PM

I argued my point. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it is not a valid point R128. Debra and Susan have been feuding for a long time. Maybe you don't think a primary is important, but a lot of us do. You have your head so far up your ass for Hillary that you were unable to see the truth R128. I voted for Hillary because I didn't like the alternative and haven't ever voted for a repub. Get you facts straight while you are arguing. In Michigan over 80,000 people didn't vote for either presidential candidate. That tells you a lot about both candidates. Unfortunately we are stuck with Trump. You act as if everything he has done can't be undo. The silver lining is more women are running for office and we are getting a more progressive platform. It sickens me what is going to happen to the Supreme Court, but it also sickens me that people can't get off their fucking asses and vote.

by Anonymousreply 129September 13, 2018 7:56 PM

Susan is worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 130September 13, 2018 8:06 PM

[quote]I argued my point.

No, you didn't. You reverted to the primaries which are irrelevant to the topic defines at the OP.

[quote]Just because you don't like doesn't mean it is not a valid point R128.

"Rigged" primaries and "Clinton coronation" and not valid points.

[quote]Debra and Susan have been feuding for a long time.

Yes, and?

[quote]Maybe you don't think a primary is important, but a lot of us do. You have your head so far up your ass for Hillary that you were unable to see the truth R128. I voted for Hillary because I didn't like the alternative and haven't ever voted for a repub. Get you facts straight while you are arguing. In Michigan over 80,000 people didn't vote for either presidential candidate. That tells you a lot about both candidates. Unfortunately we are stuck with Trump.

Yes, primaries are important. As it is important that Sanders lost by close to four million votes.

[quote]You act as if everything he has done can't be undo.

It will take generations. SC is just one example.

[quote]The silver lining is more women are running for office and we are getting a more progressive platform. It sickens me what is going to happen to the Supreme Court, but it also sickens me that people can't get off their fucking asses and vote.

Progress towards left could have been made under Clinton (she made adjustments in that direction during the primaries and more so in the general, thanks to Sanders).

Where we disagree, and where I disagree with Sarandon, is that tRump was the price worth paying.

by Anonymousreply 131September 13, 2018 8:06 PM

defines = defined

by Anonymousreply 132September 13, 2018 8:07 PM

R6 when she became a Bernie Bro. Glenn Greenwald took up for Sarandon yesterday on Twitter. Do you know how rich he is, living in Brazil on his Intercept salary? His husband is now running for office. I've been generally supportive of him, even with that trip to Russia this summer (I figured it was to visit Snowden), but I'm having serious second thoughts. Lately he seems to be giving the anti-Kavanaugh folks a hard time, too. He may be just another Bernie turncoat.

by Anonymousreply 133September 13, 2018 8:11 PM

Once again you act as if Susan was able to sway so many people R131. I bet if you went out on the streets and asked 10 people what Susan said you would be lucky if you found 1. You can twist what someone said to mold to your own prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 134September 13, 2018 8:16 PM

You can still have contempt for her opinion, though.

by Anonymousreply 135September 13, 2018 8:19 PM

Debra .sweetie, there's a thing called respect for your elders and your peers. When you win an Oscar, or even get a nomination, then you can vent. Until then, STFU!

by Anonymousreply 136September 13, 2018 8:20 PM

[quote] Progress towards left could have been made under Clinton (she made adjustments in that direction during the primaries and more so in the general, thanks to Sanders).

YOU mean he didn’t do his homework (see NYDN interview) and then stole her entire economic platform and then took credit for it, as sexist men are so often wont to do.

by Anonymousreply 137September 13, 2018 8:20 PM

Greenwald vacationed in Russia this summer?! Mother. Fucker.

by Anonymousreply 138September 13, 2018 8:21 PM

And you, R25, are you DOING something? If so, what?

by Anonymousreply 139September 13, 2018 8:22 PM

[quote]Once again you act as if Susan was able to sway so many people R131.

I never said that. Please read what I wrote at R125: "Sarandon encouraged people to not vote for the only real opposition to tRump in the general. Whether she influenced votes or not is not relevant to the point I was making."

[quote]I bet if you went out on the streets and asked 10 people what Susan said you would be lucky if you found 1. You can twist what someone said to mold to your own prejudice.

I don't know why you have such trouble understanding my point, or Messing's point, which is: Sarandon has no business complaining about Trump or his policies since she encouraged people to not vote for Clinton, the only person standing between Trump and the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 140September 13, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote]You act as if everything he has done can't be undo.

We can’t undo the atrocity called “family separation.” You’re a fool if you don’t realize hundreds of kids are “permanently separated”, i.e., ORPHANED or trafficked or killed.

We can’t undo the the thousands of deaths in PR after Hurricane Maria.

We can’t undo scotus.

by Anonymousreply 141September 13, 2018 8:25 PM

It's like thanking Hitler for the statehood of Israel.

by Anonymousreply 142September 13, 2018 8:26 PM

[quote]Progress towards left could have been made under Clinton (she made adjustments in that direction during the primaries and more so in the general, thanks to Sanders).

[quote]YOU mean he didn’t do his homework (see NYDN interview) and then stole her entire economic platform and then took credit for it, as sexist men are so often wont to do.

Well, we have to give Sanders credit where credit is due, his influence on minimum wage, trade policies, income inequality.

by Anonymousreply 143September 13, 2018 8:26 PM

R143, if you want to give him actual credit, then thank him for putting Trump in the white house.

by Anonymousreply 144September 13, 2018 9:47 PM

Debra isn't messing around here! Sarandon is a flake. She sucks Trump's dick just like Roseanne Barr.

by Anonymousreply 145September 14, 2018 12:00 AM

[quote] Debra and Susan have been feuding for a long time.

Well, Deb has been feuding for a long time. Susan has been patiently tolerent.

by Anonymousreply 146September 14, 2018 12:34 AM

R146 Susan has been a horse's ass.

by Anonymousreply 147September 14, 2018 1:09 AM

Susan and her defenders want to have their tantrum validated and exoneration delivered. STAT. They have stated their boundaries. Sue needs to own that she went on every media outlet that would have her to advocate AGAINST the only qualified candidate in the race (Clinton) and urged fellow acolytes of blowhard Bernie Sanders to sit it out or vote for the irretrievably stupid Jill S.

She advocated this position and used her admittedly limited influence to bring down Clinton. She can keep playing the "how could little ole' me have changed the election" victim routine all she wants but the fact is this election was decided by 77 thousand votes in 3 states and if all the Jill Stein voters and Bernie holdouts had not been supported in their juvenile tantrum had actually done the adult thing and VOTE, thousands of species including humans and the planet would be in much better shape today.

JUST OWN IT Sue, you had shitty judgement

by Anonymousreply 148September 14, 2018 1:32 AM

Susan Sarandon is definitely the wrong end of the horse.

by Anonymousreply 149September 14, 2018 4:38 AM

Susan's extended political tantrum has its adherents and they all share one thing: They are sulking cunts whose basic philosophy is " I will hold my breath until I get my way". and if the car goes off the road, fuck it.

They are the worst.. She pulled this shit with Nader in 2000, thanks Susan and then in 2016 thanks again Susan.

She knows fucking well that Clinton would have been better for the planet than Trump. She knows fucking well Jill Stein couldn't drive a bus through traffic let alone govern the country. She knows this but insists that because Clinton voted for the authorization on the Iraq war that she is as dangerous as Trump. Bullhshit. Clinton cast the wrong vote on the war and apologized. But she never would have initiated or started that war and everyone knows it.

by Anonymousreply 150September 14, 2018 1:42 PM

Debra Messing is legitimately stupid.

by Anonymousreply 151September 14, 2018 2:16 PM

Messing does the "I can't breathe" thing whenever there is a national tragedy like a shooting or something. After a school shooting she tweeted that she couldn't breathe and wanted to know how hard these school shootings are on people like her who have kids.

I tweeted back that she makes everything about her. She blocked me. (which also indicates she is too dumb to know doing that lets the person knew you read their tweet.)

by Anonymousreply 152September 16, 2018 5:37 AM

I have the impression that Debra's trying to play a role on Twitter, that of the outraged woman who's always right and whose fury is like a force of nature, impossible to be restrained.

That's why she often gives off the impression that she's as impulsive as she's stupid on social media, or in the words of r23, she "sounds like a raving lunatic".

To be considerate, to weigh one's assertions, to ponder the evidence against her opponents with an open mind and, if needed be, revise her arguments: these are things she refuses to do because she doesn't want to dilute the image of strong, passionate woman she's learned on Twitter and which she's trying to embody, to such idiotic results.

by Anonymousreply 153September 16, 2018 5:56 AM

Sarandon's retort of "ok just report me to the homeroom teacher" at the end of the first feud was a good line.

by Anonymousreply 154September 16, 2018 5:59 AM

I’m afraid liberal will eat other up one day. They are first to tell someone to “shut up” Many have said what Sarandon said about Trump waking people up from their stupor. I’m mad at her for the Jill Stein thing but she’s isn’t the first democrat to like Bernie over Hillary. People get hysterical when it comes to politics. Debra needs to calm down with her twitter antics.

by Anonymousreply 155September 16, 2018 7:36 AM

1) Has anyone noticed Debra Messing's hair in the new W&G? She's got a lot of spaces in there where the scalp shows. I think she's balding. 2) Hillary was not the candidate for 2016. People are either stupid or they weren't paying attention. You cannot have MSNBC calling Hillary and Bill racists in 2008, for example, and not expect it to stick to the two of them. You cannot have Keith Olbermann ranting on air that Hillary was calling for the assassination of Barack Obama when she refused to drop out and gave that interview where she mentioned RFK and then have, eight years later, a pretense that everyone would rally around her. To get Obama the 2008 nomination, a lot of people did a lot of damage to Hillary's reputation among Democrats. That includes a number of 'heroes' currently in the House of Representatives.

by Anonymousreply 156September 16, 2018 7:51 AM

Maybe Messing is going through the change? Susan made sense in that statement.

by Anonymousreply 157September 16, 2018 8:06 AM

Oh! Did Susan vote for Trump? What an ignorant asshole. She must be a very stupid human being.

by Anonymousreply 158September 16, 2018 8:09 AM

Who the fuck is Debra Messing?

by Anonymousreply 159September 16, 2018 8:26 AM

[italic]Who was that cunt...?

by Anonymousreply 160September 16, 2018 8:48 AM

r158 She voted for the Green Party. You know, like many Hillb0ts did in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 161September 16, 2018 9:05 AM

Remember Bernie voted not once, but twice for "regime change" in Iraq. If you are too stupid to google the voting record of the politician you advocate for, you are beyond stupid.

by Anonymousreply 162September 16, 2018 9:19 AM

Cunt Susan Sarandon voted for MEGA CUNT Jill Stein who is now under investigation for her (obvious to anybody with a brain) Russian ties.

by Anonymousreply 163September 16, 2018 2:09 PM

[quote]Why does every thread turn into a shitfest?

That is the DL way.

by Anonymousreply 164September 16, 2018 4:25 PM

[quote][R158] She voted for the Green Party. You know, like many Hillb0ts did in 2008.

'Hillb0ts' have nothing to lose in 2020. Sanders supporters do. If I were you I'd tone done on the insults.

by Anonymousreply 165September 16, 2018 7:20 PM

[quote]Remember Bernie voted not once, but twice for "regime change" in Iraq.

This is a lie. He voted against the Iraq War. If he'd voted for, don't you think Hillary or her many journalist minions wouldn't have brought it up in the 2016 campaign when Bernie was criticizing her foreign policy record? Or you're trying to say you're the person who found out about it?

by Anonymousreply 166September 16, 2018 8:49 PM

r165 LOL, please, Hillb0ts wouldn't NEVER vote for Bernie even if he's running against the Devil. There's no point to play nice with you insane people or the Wall Street elderly whore you worship. Fuck you both.

And lest I forget:

Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts

by Anonymousreply 167September 16, 2018 8:50 PM

*wouldn't vote for Bernie even if he was running against the Devil.

by Anonymousreply 168September 16, 2018 8:51 PM

[quote]This is a lie. He voted against the Iraq War.

Really?

[quote]In 1998 Sanders voted in favor of the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, which said: “It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime.”

[quote]Later that same year, Sanders also backed a resolution that stated: “Congress reaffirms that it should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime.” These measures gave congressional backing for the CIA’s covert plan to overthrow the Hussein regime in Baghdad, as well as the tightening of an economic sanctions regime that may have killed as many as 500,000 Iraqi children. The resolution also gave the green light to Operation Desert Fox, a four-day long bombing campaign striking 100 targets throughout Iraq. The operation featured more than 300 bombing sorties and 350 ground-launched Tomahawk cruise missiles, several targeting Saddam Hussein himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 16, 2018 8:52 PM

[quote]r165 LOL, please, Hillb0ts wouldn't NEVER vote for Bernie even if he's running against the Devil. There's no point to play nice with you insane people or the Wall Street elderly whore you worship. Fuck you both.

[quote]And lest I forget:

[quote]Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts Hillb0ts

Well, I voted for Clinton in 2016, but I will vote for Sanders if he is the Democratic nominee in 2020. I cannot stand the guy, but I am not foolish enough to throw my vote away out of spite. I care about what happens to the country and can put aside my personal distaste for a politician and vote accordingly.

But what I meant upthread is that Sanders cannot win without 2016 Clinton supporters on his side. If you want your guy to do well in 2020, you should keep that in mind.

On the other hand, if you don't care about Sanders and your actions are guided by a pathological hate of a woman who doesn't know you and never will, well then... you are beyond help.

by Anonymousreply 170September 16, 2018 8:59 PM

^^ hate FOR a woman

by Anonymousreply 171September 16, 2018 8:59 PM

[quote]This is a lie. He voted against the Iraq War.

Sorry, here's the link to an article about Sanders' record on Iraq.

You go ahead and shout "Lies!" whenever you are confronted with uncomfortable truths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 16, 2018 9:02 PM

She knows what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 173September 16, 2018 9:02 PM

Debra should refashion herself with a primetime investigative journalism show - [italic]DIGGING WITH DEBRA

by Anonymousreply 174September 16, 2018 9:11 PM

[quote]In 1998 Sanders voted in favor of the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998

That's not the Iraq War bill, you low information Hillb0t. The war took place in 2003 not 1998.

Here he is in 2002, when the war bill was being discussed in Congress:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 5, 2018 7:25 PM

Susan Sarandon had said and written some really stupid things, but to say that Trump has unintentionally energized women and people of color to run for office does not "give him credit" for it.

by Anonymousreply 176October 5, 2018 7:29 PM

Team Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 177October 5, 2018 7:31 PM

Thank you Debra. Someone needed to tell that bitch to shut her big mouth.

by Anonymousreply 178October 5, 2018 7:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!