Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mississippi hospital technician Kyle Thomas fired after spewing the N-word at fast-food worker

He must have been suppressing his blind hatred for years. Look at how it he can't control it once it slips out the first time. What is the love-affair with that word all about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2018 12:21 AM

What's wrong with the N-word?

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2018 5:18 AM

Who's really got the "love affair" with it, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2018 5:26 AM

"spewing the N-word at fast-food worker"

Fast food orders are sacred. The N-word is a nothing burger.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2018 5:27 AM

This guy lost his JOB for calling someone a bad name? This country is going absolutely insane.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2018 5:33 AM

R2, the undercover klansmen, such as the now unemployed Mr. Thomas, who use it in a derogatory way against blacks.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2018 5:33 AM

[Quote]This guy lost his JOB for calling someone a bad name? This country is going absolutely insane.

Ok. Whatever you say, f*gg*t.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2018 5:35 AM

^used it

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2018 5:36 AM

Sticks and stones, my friends.

Until words like "cracker" are removed from the black vernacular, "nigger" stays in play for one and all. "Love Affair", my ass.

It would've helped the situation immensely if black folks didn't claim to now "own" the word. This is a door that swings both ways. Either everyone gets to use every word - because it's all about equality, y'all - or NO ONE does. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2018 5:42 AM

Wow @R8 He should be fired because he’s a healthcare worker. God only knows how he treated his black patients

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2018 5:45 AM

It's not fair! I wanna call them niggers without repercussion!!!

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2018 5:47 AM

That's the first thing I thought, R9.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2018 5:51 AM

Hee hee.....that didn't take long......R10 misses the point, obvs.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2018 5:52 AM

Come down off your fucking cross r8. So sad

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2018 5:53 AM

“In the English language, the word nigger is a racial slur typically directed at black people. The word originated as a variation of the Spanish and Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger ("black").[1] It was often used derogatorily, and by the mid-twentieth century, particularly in the United States, its usage became unambiguously pejorative, a racist insult. Accordingly, it began to disappear from popular culture, and its continued inclusion in classic works of literature has sparked controversy. Because the term is considered extremely offensive, it is often referred to by the euphemism "the N-word".

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2018 5:56 AM

R8, no one is stopping you from using any word you’d like nor has anyone proposed a prohibition on speech.

What you are in fact advocating for is not free speech but speech with impunity

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2018 5:58 AM

I'm sure it originally ame from Latin/Spanish etc., but "Negro" was the official word for African Americans until the 1960's. I grew up in Mississippi and every white person I knew used the N-word variant. Well, maybe not every one. Some genteel-sih Eudora Welty types used something that sounded like Niggras. It made me hate them (the white people). I had a small tv in my room and when I insisted on watching the Sammy Davis Jr talk show, my stepfather took the tv out of my room for good - though he used the n-word too, his ancestors owned a plantation and he grew up with 17 families of AA's still doing all the work and waiting on his family (as share croppers I think.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2018 6:00 AM

Funny how when people call me the F-a-G word, nothing happens, no one gets fired and in general even people will say to suck it up and get over it.

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2018 6:01 AM

This racist, classists piece of shit shouldn't be working in healthcare. I hope he ends up working in a fast food joint.

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2018 6:13 AM

He's cute, so he should not have lost his job. Hopefully someone will start a GoFundMe page for him.

Now, if he were fugly, he would deserve to die.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2018 6:14 AM

eenie meenie meinie moe, catch a ni.......

Did you know the new sheriff is a ni.....

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2018 6:29 AM

He did return to apologise, and the shop girl said she didn't want him fired. "Donut Palace could not be reached for comment about the incident. Wardlaw, the employee who filmed the encounter, told the Clarion-Ledger that Thomas was upset about service. She said she didn’t want him to lose his job, but she doesn’t think he should have used the n-word, according to the newspaper. Wardlaw said Thomas later returned and apologized to her manager. She told the newspaper she would also accept an apology from Thomas. Thomas could not be reached for comment by Heavy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2018 6:39 AM

He looks like he had always wanted to say the N word for a very long time

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2018 6:42 AM

I think he should be fired. It will set an example of how people should behave in public.

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2018 6:44 AM

I think Kyle is in need of a big black dick in his lily white butt to release that inner tension. He'd be a good fuck.

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2018 6:44 AM

LOCK 'IM UP!

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2018 6:46 AM

[quote]Thomas added in his Facebook post, “I only hope that by me sharing a public apology in this incident you could show me some grace. [bold]I was upset about another issue and it spilled over into this[/bold] and I can’t apologize enough.”

This could refer to any number of things, of course, but I wonder if his now-former supervisor is black.

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2018 6:52 AM

Of course he apologized, it blew up on social media!

I say, if you're going to use deliberately offensive language, then at least have the balls to admit that you said it on purpose because you enjoy saying it.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2018 6:56 AM

I just don't get why that is the go-to word?

I know it's offensive. Everyone knows it's offensive - why would you use it unless you really meant it?

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2018 6:57 AM

I lost it at my Dad years ago. I was going through chemo and was hadn't slept for days. I called him kike and said some dreadful things. I wasn't being anti-Semitic, I just wanted to lash out at him for some reason. I have always regretted it.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2018 6:59 AM

The comments in the Heavy article are 😳

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2018 7:13 AM

In their private lives, racists still use the N word amongst themselves, ALL the time. So it slipped out inconveniently for this guy, but it wasn't necessarily a choice, but a habit coming out because he wasn't watching his p's and q's (and also probably thought he could get away with it, as has been the case until 'fairly' recently - maybe the 90's?

Reagan's "welfare queens" and starting his campaign in Neshoba County Mississippi was an earlier Trump-like acknowledgement that you could be open about your racism again -- after being squelched a bit for the first time ever during the civil rights movement in the 60s. Before that 100% of racists thought the word was perfectly fine, and a small percentage of people would disagree or certainly they'd never be called on it.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2018 7:17 AM

[Quote]He looks like he had always wanted to say the N word for a very long time

Yes, I thought so too. He looked so self satisfied as he walked out, didn't even give 2 fucks he was being recorded. Now that's a true southern racist for you. All he needed to do was start ranting about how the confederacy would rise again and Trump was going to put the ni99ers in their place.

He doesn't belong anywhere near the general public. G-d knows what wicked things he's secretly done to minority patients. Any mysterious deaths that have occurred at the hospital and can be linked to him should be thoroughly investigated.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2018 7:39 AM

[quote]I just don't get why that is the go-to word?

R28, It's only the go to word for racists who want to hurt black people.

[quote]This guy lost his JOB for calling someone a bad name? This country is going absolutely insane.

God you are stupid Muriel, R4. No he lost his job because he called someone a word that only a deplorable would use and it opens up the possibility that he could get/or has been mad at a patient who is black and might say it again.

It's also possible that black patients or anyone with actual decency wouldn't want to do business with his place of work if they continued to employ a man who was caught on camera using this word. No one wants that face associated with their brand.

It also opened them up to be sued if as R32 said if any patient of color has any issues that result in them being injured or worse since he has demonstrated (with indisputable proof) how he feels about them on camera.

[quote]Funny how when people call me the F-a-G word, nothing happens, no one gets fired and in general even people will say to suck it up and get over it.

Get real. If it was on camera R14 and there was a public outcry that person would be searching for a new job too.

[quote]Until words like "cracker" are removed from the black vernacular, "nigger" stays in play for one and all.

A group of people were ripped from their home land against their will, brought to the US, tortured, raped, abused, treated as property and considered disposable for a 100 years. You could walk up to a black person, kill them for looking at you in a way you didn't like, and NOTHING would happen to you because they were considered sub-human.

No one was doing that to anyone who might be referred to as the first word. That's what makes the two words different. God you are fucking dumb, R8.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2018 8:00 AM

The problem for this guy is that he didn't just say it once.

He said it over & over again.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2018 8:08 AM

[quote] Sticks and stones, my friends. Until words like "cracker" are removed from the black vernacular, "nigger" stays in play for one and all. "Love Affair", my ass.It would've helped the situation immensely if black folks didn't claim to now "own" the word. This is a door that swings both ways. Either everyone gets to use every word - because it's all about equality, y'all - or NO ONE does. Ever. —We "took it back". Bullshit. Now drop it.

This is not the 1970s. No one uses Cracker as a slur anymore.

You’re not going to get black people to agree on the use of the word. Just like you’re not going to get gays to agree on the use of queen or girl. Many blacks don’t approve. Some do. Many gays don’t approve. Some do. It’s usually pretty obvious when a bigot is hitting you with a slur. So no minorities don’t have to wait til they have successfully purged the word from among their ranks; before they can be offended and take action. People genetically know when they are being verbally assaulted and someone intends to hurt them.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2018 8:09 AM

[quote] Funny how when people call me the F-a-G word, nothing happens, no one gets fired and in general even people will say to suck it up and get over it.

Really so I’m still on Greys Anatomy?

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2018 8:11 AM

In the video the fast food worker calls him a “son of a bitch” before he calls her the N word. ???

How was she “victimized?” She was participating in the escalation of the vulgarity herself. She doesn’t get to call foul. Does she still have her job after calling the customer a “son of a bitch”?

I am in no way defending him - but I think her behavior shouldn’t be acceptable either.

These is what’s wrong with in this MAGA era. There shouldnt be shades of civility. I don’t care if he is or isn’t a racist - that’s immaterial. His words were denigrating, and despicable well before he threw in the N word. We’ve somehow become obsessed with trying to define “the boundaries” of what’s acceptable- which words are/aren’t allowed. It’s possible to be just as racist/homophobic/sexist without ever using trigger-words. Trump does it everyday.

America needs to repeat kindergarten and learn “no name-calling”, “keep your hands to yourself”, and “temper tantrums will not be tolerated.”

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2018 8:14 AM

[quote] I know it's offensive. Everyone knows it's offensive - why would you use it unless you really meant it?

Because it's an integral part of rap music and the kids love it.

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2018 8:43 AM

Since the other worker started recording after he had already gotten all zesty with them, I wonder what happened before to piss him off so much.

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2018 9:03 AM

r38 it seems to old white men and fraus that have been recorded using it in recent times.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2018 10:03 AM

*to be

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2018 10:03 AM

When I am tempted to "let loose" on an inept service worker I always remember I may be subject to video/audio recording. I pause mentally and think of the many rewards financially I have gained being a hard worker and focused on whatever job I had performing it to the best of my abilities with a good attitude. Then I visualize how horrible and disgusting that service worker's life must be.

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2018 11:16 AM

[quote]Ok. Whatever you say, f*gg*t.

GOD FORBID, he said that. Then the thread would be jumping.

[quote]Funny how when people call me the F-a-G word, nothing happens, no one gets fired and in general even people will say to suck it up and get over it.

And whose fault is that? Why do we let people who call us “Fag” and “Faggot” get away with it? Don’t get mad at Black folks because WE demanded respect and got it. Hell yeah, your ass is getting fired if you call us a nigger. WE made it unacceptable to call someone that without repercussion. Instead of projecting, get off your sorry ass and do something about it besides bitching EVERY TIME one of these threads get posted.

[quote]It would've helped the situation immensely if black folks didn't claim to now "own" the word. This is a door that swings both ways. Either everyone gets to use every word - because it's all about equality, y'all - or NO ONE does. Ever.

It would’ve helped if he wasn’t a piece of human garbage--like yourself. And you can save this “Door swings both ways” bullshit. That’s the rationale of a 12-year-old OR a deplorable --which one are you? Big talk from behind a monitor. I'd like you to take your "theory" on the road and test it.

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2018 12:00 PM

[quote]I am in no way defending him - but I think her behavior shouldn’t be acceptable either.

Yes, you are, R37. This "Both sides were wrong!" thing didn't work during the election and it doesn't work here either.

[quote]We’ve somehow become obsessed with trying to define “the boundaries” of what’s acceptable- which words are/aren’t allowed. It’s possible to be just as racist/homophobic/sexist without ever using trigger-words. Trump does it everyday.

Being a racist bigot is not acceptable. He'd still have a job if he had of called her an "f-ing bitch."

See how easy it was? Why did you even need to have this explained?

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2018 12:07 PM

[quote] Being a racist bigot is not acceptable. He'd still have a job if he had of called her an "f-ing bitch."

R44 - your right - the racist bigot would still have a job if he’d chosen “better” vulgarity. How would that be better? Using misogynistic insults should also be considered unacceptable.

How about we just say that it’s not acceptable to go bat shit crazy and curse people out- when things don’t go your way.

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2018 12:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!