Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would you rather.......(house related)

Would you rather live in a beautiful old historical house or build a house based on a historical house with all the modern amenities?

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2018 11:15 PM

I live in an older home, OP, and if I could, I'd love to build a brand new home in the style of an older one. It's not just modern amenities that I'd be concerned about because those can be put into any house, it's everything - windows, insulation (I live in an area with cold winters), foundation, wiring, pluming. Repairs and upgrades on older homes can be a pain - you go to do one thing and you uncover a host of other things that have to be repaired or replaced before you can do the first thing. I love the charm of an older home, but they can be frustrating to deal with at times.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2018 3:31 AM

Thank you for replying @R1

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2018 3:44 AM

I'm with R1... At worst, buy an old house and gut it, but you want to know the thing is solid.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2018 3:48 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2018 1:36 PM

Bump again

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2018 10:43 PM

Don't buy an old house in New England. Mine is a money pit. Hate the fucking thing.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2018 10:46 PM

I love in a somewhat old house. I would never be able to afford a new house with all the features my current house already has.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2018 11:14 PM

This old house, is it haunted? I would love to own a haunted house. Imagine the money you could make on Halloween with Air b&b!

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2018 11:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!