Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OMG! When the Queen dies - the kerfuffle will go on for TWELVE days!

...when she will eventually be taken to Windsor, where I guess she'll be buried, but they don't make that part very clear. Will people be able to visit her grave? Where exactly will her grave be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 24, 2018 5:22 PM

Are you surprised, OP? She's been Queen forever, most of the planet doesn't remember a time when she wasn't. She's like a living Mt. Rushmore, always there.

My question is, will any future Princess have the ovaries to be Elizabeth III? Two very iconic queens.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2018 3:21 AM

They keep talking about it being called "Operation London Bridge" whilst showing Tower Bridge. LOL.

THIS is London Bridge >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2018 3:26 AM

and this is Tower Bridge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2018 3:27 AM

All that pagentry and history

The Brits throw a great funeral

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2018 4:11 PM

I don't want to even think about it. I know it's inevitable, but it will break my heart when it happens. Long Live the Queen!

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2018 4:25 PM

I think she should be mummified.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2018 4:35 PM

What a crass article to write while someone is still alive.

"What happens when Barbra Streisand gets THE BIG C?"

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2018 4:48 PM

I think she should be cloned!

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2018 4:49 PM

[R8] Along with the corgis. After all, Babs got her dog cloned, why not the queen?

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2018 4:54 PM

[quote][[R8]] Along with the corgis. After all, Babs got her dog cloned, why not the queen?

Yes, the could sell them to tourists in front of the palace.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2018 5:12 PM

[quote]All that pagentry and history. The Brits throw a great funeral.

I agree. I'm looking forward to it. They'll be twelve days to remember.

(& I look terrific in black)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2018 5:18 PM

Twelve days is ridiculous, it should be no more than a week.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2018 5:20 PM

[QUOTE] I don't want to even think about it. I know it's inevitable, but it will break my heart when it happens. Long Live the Queen!

Mary!

Mary!

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2018 5:26 PM

Yeah even I told them, "Enough, I wanna watch my cartoons"

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2018 5:31 PM

Why had Vanity Fair of all people put out an information video like this? And why now?

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2018 5:36 PM

I think we all know who R5 is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2018 6:28 PM

She will never die

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2018 6:32 PM

After 12 days people will already be sick of Charles and demanding a Republic.

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2018 6:32 PM

Tweleg days of the Duchess of Sucksex prancing around in her famewhorey manner.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2018 6:47 PM

R18, I don’t necessarily think a Republic would be a bad thing, but the continuity of the monarchy is the very thing which makes a republic unlikely. Charles will be proclaimed almost immediately, and those calling for a republic will be criticised at that time for their poor taste in calling for it just after the death of Her dearly departed Majesty.

Charles will inherit a stable throne from his mother, and will find it difficult to fuck things up overly much. He is also a fairly old man (and looks it) and probably still has a few years to wait before his mother dies. His age is an advantage, given that Britain’s view of the elderly is best expressed by Alan Bennett’s remark: “If you can eat a boiled egg in England at ninety, they think you deserve a Nobel Prize.”

Charles is too old to cause too much bother.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2018 7:00 PM

what a farce! fucking waste of money while the NHS is overwhelmed and people are parked in gurneys outside the hallways.

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2018 7:04 PM

[quote]Charles is too old to cause too much bother.

[bold]I'M NOT![/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2018 7:05 PM

[quote]Twelve days is ridiculous, it should be no more than a week.

I'm sure the British think the same about our essentially seventeen month presidential election season.

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2018 7:12 PM

LOL R23 for the win

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2018 7:13 PM

R23, yes! How the hell can the presidential election go on for months and months, and yet still end up vomiting Trump into thr White House?

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2018 7:20 PM

[quote][R23], yes! How the hell can the presidential election go on for months and months, and yet still end up vomiting Trump into thr White House?

Anything to do with the alternatives? The weak competition?

& who does America have to replace him at this point?

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2018 7:27 PM

R26, anybody would be better, surely? He’s certifiable, criminal, narcissistic and mean as a snake.

America is a big country with a large population. If there are no sane adults willing to do the job, just give it to a six-year-old. At least that way the illiterate Trumpian tantrums can be explained away as coming from the appropriate age group.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2018 7:31 PM

I don't think the top notch people want to be in politics, quite frankly.

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2018 7:35 PM

WE'RE WAITING.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2018 7:38 PM

SO ARE WE.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2018 8:02 PM

I hope The Frumpy Sisters wear magnificent frocks to the festivities.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2018 9:36 PM

OP royals are usually interred within St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle. That’s where the Queen’s parents and sister are.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2018 9:41 PM

I hope it’s today or tomorrow to knock Aretha off the news.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2018 9:44 PM

NO WAY the old hag is buried where the dimwit married ME!

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2018 9:45 PM

Can’t wait to redo the royal quarters!

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2018 9:48 PM

[quote]I hope it’s today or tomorrow to knock Aretha off the news.

Ignore him, R5.

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2018 9:56 PM

We get a day off for the funeral too. I hope she dies soon as I’m running out of annual leave.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2018 10:09 PM

What about Phil? Will there be at least a day off when the funeral takes place?

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2018 10:18 PM

[quote]I hope The Frumpy Sisters wear magnificent frocks to the festivities.

We're scouring the thrift shops as we speak!

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2018 10:18 PM

Yuge better buy a size larger... she’s gaining weight by the hour.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2018 10:38 PM

Yeah -- what about Phil?

I suspect he'll get a funeral like the Queen Mother -- maybe only five days.

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2018 10:50 AM

It would be tragic if she went before Phil.

by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2018 11:26 AM

Yeah, but just think—twelve horrible outfits from the Duchess of Sussex! In a row! Not counting all the breaches of protocol she'll gift us!

by Anonymousreply 43August 21, 2018 11:43 AM

DL will go insane when the Queen dies.

Even now it gets Royal crazy every six months.

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2018 11:46 AM

r41 his title is Prince but to us he’ll forever be the original King of gold diggers. We adore him.He deserves weeks and weeks of mourning.

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2018 12:14 PM

I hope she outlives Prince Charles, Prince William, and Prince George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2018 3:15 PM

Hey, sometimes freak accidents happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2018 3:20 PM

Philip is going to get simple, spartan military funeral. This is his wish.

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2018 5:29 PM

The twelve days have everything to do with foreign royalty and dignitaries arranging their schedules and security for the funeral, as well as the thousands of charity personnel and other attendees to sort things out. It has nothing to do with the little people.

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2018 5:46 PM

It’s a bit overkill. She’s almost 100 years old. Everybody’s been waiting for her to die for 2 decades now. Just bury her and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2018 6:19 PM

Thanks a lot, R50! You made r5 cry! Are you happy now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2018 6:45 PM

That picture of Charlotte made me think of how much it sucks to be part of the Royal family if you aren't the direct heir. Princess Margaret, after being fawned on all of her childhood and young adulthood, saw herself move further and further into obsolescence as Elizabeth's children grew up. The same thing happened to Anne (who didn't give a shit), Andrew (who very much did), and Edward (jury's out on that one) once William and Harry hit adolescence. It's going to happen to Harry within 10-15 years, as George and Charlotte and Louis become adults. Little Charlotte, the center of attention at all of these events, will someday see herself replaced by George's children in the public's affections. What a total fucking mindfuck that must be.

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2018 7:00 PM

[quote] Little Charlotte, the center of attention at all of these events, will someday see herself replaced by George's children in the public's affections.

Don't be so sure, GURL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2018 7:09 PM

A doll and a half!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2018 7:14 PM

^^^I think she’s already got a Plan B - if the multiple “accidents” required don’t come off then she’ll marry Prince Christian of Denmark and become queen of the Danes in due course (maybe sooner with the right planning).

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2018 7:41 PM

One thing's for sure - she WON'T BE IGNORED.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2018 7:52 PM

What's the fixation on Charlotte all about?

George's the heir. Charlotte is just the spare, as is Louis.

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2018 7:57 PM

[quote]George's the heir. Charlotte is just the spare

Gurl, NO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2018 8:03 PM

Charlotte, like Harry and Margaret before her, got all the charisma. Weird how that works (though it apparently skipped a generation with Liz's kids).

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2018 8:08 PM

[quote]Charlotte, like Harry and Margaret before her, got all the charisma.

It does look like that.

It George about two years to crack a smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2018 8:18 PM

I don't know why but I like George much better than Charlotte.

Speaking of charisma ... well, Hazza might have been a charismatic guy but his choice of bride and the rushed wedding have proven he's just another royal dimwit.

And particularly when wifey's around, his formerly existent charisma is nowhere to be seen these days.

by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2018 8:24 PM

George is a ‘mo and won’t be producing any heirs.

by Anonymousreply 62August 21, 2018 8:32 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 21, 2018 8:33 PM

[quote]George is a ‘mo and won’t be producing any heirs.

& you queens are pretty sharp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 21, 2018 8:35 PM

R57, Have you met Prince George? He’s not ready for his close-up, shall we say.

by Anonymousreply 65August 21, 2018 8:42 PM

The camera loves me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 21, 2018 9:03 PM

What nonsense. The world will mourn, great ceremony will bury HM. The Queen Is Dead, Long Live The King! HM Charles will be consecrated a year later in great ceremony, the one historic and standard for the throne of England. Charles will reign possibly 15-20 years. He is in great health, 20 more years isn't out of the question.. In that time Wills will learn more and more about the throne and will well rise to the occasion when his time comes. Wills could will be 55-60 when he ascends, could reign 30 years. He will have made George Prince of Wales, George king at 55-60.

by Anonymousreply 67August 21, 2018 9:29 PM

I can just see the DL headline when she croaks: Her Maj is DEAD to me!

by Anonymousreply 68August 21, 2018 10:28 PM

What was on her iCorgi?

by Anonymousreply 69August 21, 2018 11:30 PM

[quote]What nonsense. The world will mourn, great ceremony will bury HM. The Queen Is Dead, Long Live The King! HM Charles will be consecrated a year later in great ceremony, the one historic and standard for the throne of England. Charles will reign possibly 15-20 years. He is in great health, 20 more years isn't out of the question.. In that time Wills will learn more and more about the throne and will well rise to the occasion when his time comes. Wills could will be 55-60 when he ascends, could reign 30 years. He will have made George Prince of Wales, George king at 55-60.

This is NOT how it will be.

You know NOTHING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 21, 2018 11:34 PM

When the current Queen was three years old no one expected HER to be Queen.

by Anonymousreply 71August 21, 2018 11:37 PM

I totally see Charlotte being Queen. She really has an "it" factor. George can't decide if he is an asshole or a total 'mo. Probably a blend. He's an asshole 'mo and will likely have inherited the lazy gene on top of it. Calling it now. Charlotte will be crowned!

by Anonymousreply 72August 21, 2018 11:41 PM

r50 You mean, bury the Queen alive? (Just so I'm clear)

by Anonymousreply 73August 22, 2018 12:10 AM

A reminder (that shouldn't be necessary): if there are still DLers who remember her father as the monarch, there can't be many remaining. For the vast majority of us, she's the only British monarch any of us have ever known. She's been a steady presence throughout her reign. I don't have a huge regard for any monarchies, but it's impossible for me not to respect how deftly she's handled the job, considering the enormous changes that have taken place in her very long reign. For us Americans, imagine having the same head of state from 1953 to the present.

I was texting with one of my friends (straight guy, married with a kid), and somehow, she came up in the conversation. He said he was surprised I knew so much about her, and when I told him she was probably one of my most admired human beings, he was in shock and disbelief. So I shared different anecdotes, about her being a mechanic during WWII, and learned how to work on cars and trucks, about how she and Margaret and their cousins went out into the streets, incognito, at the end of the war, to participate in the spontanaeous celebrations that were taking place all of London, including a conga line through the lobby of the Ritz, about how she developed a friendship with Mandela, who was the only person who ever referred to her as 'Elizabeth' instead of one of her other informal names. He finally responded, "She sounds sort of bad-ass." Exactly.

R5 (Mary!)

by Anonymousreply 74August 22, 2018 12:31 AM

[quote]He finally responded, "She sounds sort of bad-ass."

How old is he, twelve?

by Anonymousreply 75August 22, 2018 12:45 AM

Charlotte is clearly "The Protector". She looks out for George (per the Queen) and looking at pictures of Louis's Christening, Charlotte is watching out for him too.

She will take no prisoners. Not for herself, but to protect her brothers and her family.

George is shy and like his father, does not like the photographers. Charlotte takes over the photogs attention and draws the focus away from her brother.

She's no pushover and most likely pretty tough.

It would be interesting to know what qualities she got from her mother's side of the family as each family can recognize bits and pieces from other family members.

by Anonymousreply 76August 22, 2018 3:38 PM

[quote]She's no pushover and most likely pretty tough.

You got that right, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 22, 2018 3:47 PM

Charlotte's grandmothers are both incredibly tough and determined women, in their own different ways. She got a double-helping of badass woman genes.

As for George, well, I've always thought he looks entirely too much like Edward VIII.

by Anonymousreply 78August 22, 2018 8:27 PM

Royal Family special on ABC tonight.

by Anonymousreply 79August 22, 2018 8:29 PM

[quote]She's no pushover and most likely pretty tough.

She's got a strong gaze and could outstare anyone.

and trust me, she doesn't suffer fools.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 22, 2018 8:39 PM

It's the Mary of Teck stare. Queen Elizabeth got it, too.

Royal Resting Bitch Face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 22, 2018 8:43 PM

"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and to the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong."

Hello. I'm Elizabeth R, and I spoke those words with great meaning and resolved in 1947 on my 21st birthday in South Africa. It is true that I shall be leaving you all rather sooner than later - going to that big palace in the sky. Some of you are complaining about the designated length of official mourning at my passing. Twelve DAYS is nothing. IT SHOULD BE TWELVE WEEKS! WHO THE HELL DO YOU TAKE ME FOR? GLORIA FUCKING SWANSON?!!

- Elizabeth R, Queen of The United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, and Saint Kitts and Nevis, and YES!! Some other shit that you'll never know about!

by Anonymousreply 82August 22, 2018 9:11 PM

Puff, puff, pass Mutha Fuckas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 22, 2018 9:19 PM

R74 I asked my mother about whether she remembered George VI (she was born in 1941) and she said not really - for most in those days, there was no TV and limited radio, so the only real exposure they had to the royal family were puff pieces in the press and the Christmas message, so there was no real familiarity with them as there is now.

That famously changed with the accession of QE2 and the spike in TV sales the coronation caused, but even very old people don't have much memory of royal figures before then.

by Anonymousreply 84August 22, 2018 9:23 PM

He was late in making my acquaintance, and to make matters worse he uttered the most asinine faux pas after shaking my hand. In the photograph you'll notice him looking to the sky. He's looking at a plane gliding by. He then said to me "You've got a real nice place here, Queenie, but you and Phil coulda done better by not having it built so close to an airport!"

America, you have my sympathies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 22, 2018 9:36 PM

R72, so very out of touch or never in ...

by Anonymousreply 86August 23, 2018 6:47 AM

R86 = Prince George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 23, 2018 12:11 PM

What kind of dress will Prince George wear?

by Anonymousreply 88August 23, 2018 2:25 PM

A better fitting one than Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 89August 23, 2018 2:44 PM

It took well over a year between accession and coronation for QEII. Like, maybe even a year and a half. I would hope it doesn’t have to take that long nowadays. I’m sure they’re even got it planned with a codename, much like the funerals they have planned and rehearse at night. Mounting scaffolding and inviting guests is probably the time consuming part, and getting permits for building seating and media stations in the Abbey. Couture dresses, that’s a delay. But still, hope it doesn’t take such a long time.

by Anonymousreply 90August 24, 2018 3:43 PM

Not so much couture dresses r90, the royals always have an appropriate mourning dress at the ready.

by Anonymousreply 91August 24, 2018 3:45 PM

[quote]Couture dresses, that’s a delay.

I've got my dress and jewels all laid out at Clarence House in the dressing room!

by Anonymousreply 92August 24, 2018 3:47 PM

[quote]What kind of dress will Prince George wear?

The fucking best, peasant-bitch. An entire ermine farm will die.

by Anonymousreply 93August 24, 2018 3:52 PM

They all get buried at Windsor. I guess she will be interred temporarily in the royal vault beneath St George’s Chapel. I say this because the prominent places for burial in the chapel (along the nave) are now filled. A place could be made but that’s the point. As the longest reigning monarch is he history of the crown her final resting place will reflect that. Queen Victoria has her own mausoleum. So they’ll have to figure out something appropriate to EIIR’s place in history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 24, 2018 4:05 PM

Queen Victoria’s mausoleum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 24, 2018 4:07 PM

Well, they better decide because Phil is 97 and doesn't look good. They'll be buried side by side.

by Anonymousreply 96August 24, 2018 4:16 PM

Don't discount Princess Charlotte. The only 'Heir Presumptive' to become Monarch (and not abdicate) in the past couple of centuries was Prince Albert Edward who became Edward VII.

Even Henry VIII was only a 2nd son, his older brother Arthur was destined to be King and he was a 'spare'.

by Anonymousreply 97August 24, 2018 4:22 PM

I'm more interested in where in London will go an appropriate statue of HM, Somewhat like her father there on the Mall, then joined by his wife, The Queen Mother. It makes a nice memorial. As a great queen, Elizabeth II certainly should have something stunning near the palace, accessible to the public.

by Anonymousreply 98August 24, 2018 5:04 PM

Interesting, R98 .... just for thoughts, anybody, where in London would be appropriate? Not a fountain in the park. I don't see them moving Victoria from in front of the palace. Not the 4th plinth in Trafalgar Square, I like that it is used rotating art. Not some obscure area. Maybe something magnificent forward of the Round Pond? A memorial arch? Ideas?

by Anonymousreply 99August 24, 2018 5:16 PM

No R90, there is no such thing as "funerals they have planned and rehearse at night."

by Anonymousreply 100August 24, 2018 5:20 PM

A huge memorial statue/display at Windsor Castle would be appropriate as she was Queen during the great fire there. Depict all decked out in her jewels and Imperial State Crown while holding a fire hose!

by Anonymousreply 101August 24, 2018 5:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!