Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Liar, Liar Pants On Fire!

I have been reading the Chris Watts, Murderer Thread, and I am perplexed at his ease with lying on live TV. He truly must have a personality disorder. He actually believed he could dupe people. It is Incomprehensible to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2018 5:57 AM

Nooooo! Clint Watts is too cute to be a murderer!

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2018 2:05 AM

R1 Chris watts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2018 2:12 AM

Oh...

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2018 2:33 AM

He is mentally ill. Is that so hard to understand? Lots of people are pathological liars without even being murderers.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2018 2:40 AM

True. ^ The Trumps. Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Kellyanne Conway. Omarosa.

You get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2018 2:52 AM

R4 it’s more than mental illness to me.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2018 3:34 AM

Criminal insanity is mental illness OP. Leaving aside any discussion of how to punish it.

Insanity. n. mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot conduct her/his affairs due to psychosis, or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2018 4:04 AM

OP I think you are referring to pathological lying.

Compulsive liars occasionally feel compelled to lie and may lie to feel socially accepted, to make themselves look better, or to garner attention. Their lies may not always cause harm to others. But pathological lying is when they fuse reality and fantasy and lie even when it isn't necessary and telling the truth would actually serve them better. It's impulsive. Their pathological lying causes great harm, damages relationships and is very destructive.

All disordered people are pathological liars AND all pathological liars are disordered people. One can't be a pathological liar and not have a personality disorder, and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2018 4:29 AM

R7 and R8 thank you both!

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2018 5:00 AM
by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2018 5:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!