Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is it easier being ultra-skinny today than 10 or 20 years ago?

I've always been severely underweight, to the point where people made fun of me (kids at school calling me "junkie"), or wondered whether I had an eating disorder. Because of this, I never felt my body had any sex appeal.

Today, the media is full of heartthrobs/teen idols with the exact same body type as me - Timothee Chalamet, Finn Wolfhard, Troye Sivan...(who also all happen to be Jewish like me, btw), and their fangirls like to call them "skinny legend".

Unfortunately this comes a bit late for me, as I've aged out of twinkdom (though I'm still as skinny as ever), but I can't help but feel that if I was young today, I'd feel much better about my body with role models like this.

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2018 10:28 PM

Skinny was OK in the 60s but people now know about anorexia and we know it kills people.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2018 8:51 PM

Finn Wolfhard is a 15 year old boy OP, and in Stranger Things he was likely 12, 13 or 14 (depending on the season)

You really going to go there?

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2018 8:51 PM

If anything it’s tougher in a muscle fitness bro world. For males

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2018 8:57 PM

Skinny male models has been a high fashion trend since 10 years ago and it hasn't gone away since.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2018 9:02 PM

Male models Don’t live in mainstream America

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2018 9:06 PM

People are much fatter today

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2018 9:10 PM

OP, I adore skinny Jewish boys. The quintessence of my type.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2018 9:17 PM

R6 is right. OP, there are so few skinny people it's unremarkable. OTOH last night I went to Cold Stone Creamery with a friend, and we were both really surprised at the number of obese people in there, virtually every customer except ourselves. Gunts galore. Really, really fat, blubbery people. Shockingly out of shape, unless that shape is soft-serve. My friend said, "If we keep eating here, is this what will happen to us?" It took away some of the enjoyment of the rare ice cream.

OP, go to Cold Stone Creamery to gain some perspective.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2018 9:19 PM

OP is a troll. Jews and pedophilia and body shaming all in one phrase.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2018 9:20 PM

Cold Stone is really shitty ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2018 9:21 PM

Do Jews work out?

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2018 9:28 PM

A few things, OP .... no matter how thin you are .... do you have a pretty face? Are you hung? Shower well, you'll get laid no matter your age.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2018 11:48 PM

No because people now take offense at skinny people who they believe are insulting fat people with their skinniness.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2018 12:20 AM

This happened 2 years ago in Cerritos, CA. I was visiting a friend. After dropping him off I decided to catch a movie to avoid traffic (I live in Los Angeles) and decided to wait outside a Walmart for a while since I had 45 minutes before my movie started.

Anyway, I see a bunch of fat people going in an out of the store. No biggie. Then I realized that EVERYONE going in and out of that store was fat! All ethnicities: Black, White, Japanese, Indian, Mexican. It was fucking surreal.

Is that how you felt at Coldstone R8 ?

Yup, R10, Coldstone is crap. Rite-Aid ice cream is 10x better and 1/3 the price.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2018 2:14 AM

It gets a dismal 23% on metacritic, but upper 90s from the user critics. So the public rebelled and made it a success anyway. The critics revealed themselves to be embarrassing cowards, unable to deal with anything but an ultra-PC approach to sensitive topics. Netflix would probably renew it, but I guess the story doesn't set itself up for continuing seasons, from what people have said.

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2018 2:37 AM

wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2018 2:42 AM

THIN IS IN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2018 2:42 AM

[quote] Rite-Aid ice cream

I don't think our Rite-Aids carry their own brand of ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2018 7:09 AM

R18 If he's in California, he's probably referring to Thrifty ice cream which Rite Aids carry because they bought the Thrifty stores.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2018 7:28 AM

Yes R14, I did feel that way. Really surprised seeing so many similar people in one place, looking really large.

And it wasn't very good ice cream, you and R10 are right. I expected better for $4.50 for a single scoop. It had ice crystals in it, didn't seem to have much fat content, flavor wasn't better than anything I could get from a supermarket. I didn't get mix-ins, as it doesn't appeal to me.

There aren't many ice cream places around me anymore. The nearest DQ is 5 miles away, the nearest Baskin-Robbins is 8. All our Thriftys are closed. They didn't get bought out, so the ice cream is gone.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2018 11:45 PM

They purposely make it bland, bland, bland, r20. It's just there as a mix-in delivery device. Shitty, shitty ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2018 12:19 AM

Dior Homme 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2018 3:50 PM

I rarely find ultra-skinny males sexually appealing. I'm more inclined to buy them a sandwich, than have sex with them. Of the few I've been intimate with, I had to watch out for protruding bones because vigorous sex was sometimes painful.

There are a few exceptions. I've noticed quite a few narrow-hipped guys have meaty, blowjob-worthy cocks.

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2018 4:10 PM

IMO no, OP. My partner (about 30) is one of those rare people who struggles to keep weight on and is a little underweight. People feel free to point it out in nasty and condescending ways all the time. In America people promote body positivity for the obese while in the same breath mocking the skinny body types.

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2018 6:35 PM

R24, By and large, most people are not promoting body positivity for the obese, despite the media shoving it in our faces - it's propaganda. Your comment proves that body shaming, whether fat or thin, is an equal opportunity pastime.

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2018 10:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!