Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

UK Royal Babies

So let’s say I'm the child of someone who is directly in line for the throne. Must my name be that of a previous prince/king or princess/queen?

Cam I not be Jadyn Windsor Mountbatten? Or Kayleigh?

And what if I am born to a member of the royal family who is not in line for the throne? Must I stay away from the names of previous kings/princes queens/princesses? Must I forgo being named Victoria or Charlotte or William or George? Am I forced to have the name of a relative who was foreign royalty, or of minor British royalty?

If I am female, am I relegated to a dowdy old frump name like Louise or Helena?

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2018 2:42 AM

Destineigh Mountbatten

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2018 5:43 PM

Le-Negeretta Mountbatten Windsor for the DOS upcoming crotchfruit

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2018 6:10 PM

Ask Zara Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2018 6:11 PM

Princess Shawanna Sashay.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2018 6:24 PM

Meghan should give her child a real black name.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2018 6:29 PM

Offspring: LeBron, Baron of Sussex...such a cute little kid.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2018 6:58 PM

How did this turn into a breitbart thread on African American names?

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2018 7:04 PM

Zara is actually a pretty upper crust name in the UK. The few Zara's I've known had "seats". But I think Anne chose it because it was upper crust but not royal. She didn't want her kids involved with that shit at all.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2018 7:07 PM

Croydon Facelift Bagochips Wessex 'N' Sussex

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2018 7:09 PM

R7 because the most interesting next child will be born to black royalty?

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2018 7:13 PM

Neveah Sussex

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2018 7:14 PM

DeShaun of Wales. Classic.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2018 7:18 PM

Just as there was no Anabel of York, there will be no Meghan or Curtis of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2018 7:24 PM

Marquesas Mary Jane of Marlboro

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2018 9:06 PM

LaKwonza Windsor

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 9:11 PM

Lady Keri

Lord Kaydyn

The Honorable Jake

Duke Hooper

The Right honorable Dawn-Margo

Lady Tiffany

Lord Ryan Windsor

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2018 9:12 PM

It doesn't matter what they are christened; they can pick a different name as their regnal name anyway.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2018 9:12 PM

[quote] because the most interesting next child will be born to black royalty?

Biracial mother + White Father ≠ black

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2018 9:14 PM

I believe the reigning Monarch has a say in the name for any child in line for the throne, however I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2018 9:16 PM

The queen has to approve it. This is how a young ends up with a geriatric name like Beatrice.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2018 9:17 PM

Oh that's silly, R20. So Liz will love having a Jaxsynn in the family as much as I do! AND It works if the bundle of joy is a girl or a boy! Wheee!! ❣️💕

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2018 9:21 PM

I would be surprised if Le Negerrata's mother does not have a camera inserted up her vag for a live TV birth... Ho be thirsty

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2018 1:23 AM

“So...”, what, OP?

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2018 2:31 AM

R13 is correct. Sarah Ferguson wanted to name Beatrice 'Annabel', but The Queen vetoed that. And this kind of thing is one of the reasons I enjoy reading the threads about the Royals. They live in such a strange bubble of a world, with its own strange traditions and rituals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2018 2:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!