Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are Cher and Kathy Griffin still friends?

Kathy said none of her friends stood by her with the Trump head thing.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2018 8:56 AM

OP, please Google Kathy Griffin and Cher.

And no Kathy did not say that.

There was a small group of friends who saw her through this.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2018 5:39 AM

She said like five and Jim Carey was the only one she mentioned by name.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2018 5:46 AM

Rosie told asked her how she thought Daniel Pearl's mother would feel if she saw the photo. Sort of surprising Rosie was so balanced on the subject since it involves Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2018 5:47 AM

Kathy seems to fall out with everyone eventually. She doesn’t just burn bridges, she nukes ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2018 5:52 AM

r3 All muslims are monsters, yada yada yada, people say worse stuff all the time on dl and elsewhere on the social media, but because of the connection with Islam dl is so obsessed with that joke.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2018 5:58 AM

What joke r5? (dare I ask)

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2018 6:00 AM

[quote] She doesn’t just burn bridges, she nukes ‘em.

Naming Jim Carrey as the sort who stands by her suggests it is those with extreme personality disorders who can tolerate her. Birds of a feather.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2018 6:08 AM

I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2018 6:12 AM

Kathy said she received support from Amy Schumer and Jerry Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2018 6:15 AM

Jim Carrey simply talked about the issue when being interviewed by Howard Stern, and his support was somewhat measured (he talked more about the free speech part of it, IIRC). I don't think he reached out to her personally.

She said in recent interviews that Schumer, Seinfeld, Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, and Pauley Perrette (the girl who quit NCIS of all people) reached out directly. And, in a DL twist, she was with Melanie Griffith and Kris Jenner when she first got wind that there was going to be hell to pay from the picture. (To her credit, Melanie advised her to double-down and "do it with Pence's head next!"). lol

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2018 7:26 AM

She said Carey called her some time while it was happening and said she is the most famous comic in the world at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2018 7:33 AM

The photographer didn't get much flack for this thing. Was it her idea or theirs?

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2018 7:34 AM

R11 - I didn't know that he called her. Good for him (and her)!

R12 - I think about that ALL THE TIME! And the photographer was the one who "released" the photo. I don't even remember his name?

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2018 7:52 AM

The photographer's idea. He is a known Scientologist and it was suggested at the time this was intended to make trouble for her hostility to Xenu. However it all went beyond any expectations. I don't think they could have counted on her doubling down as she did.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2018 7:53 AM

Watch it. Jim Carrey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 8:05 AM

Cher had already dropped Kathy before the "scandal." Griffin doesn't badmouth Cher though. She said something like we don't talk anymore but I love her and she knows it.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2018 8:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!