Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This was written for the Datalounge....

Have at it! (I loved the "standing at the sink, washing dishes, while angry tears welled in my eyes: bit!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2018 12:50 AM

This is what every Morgellon's sufferer has to face every day of their life

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2018 3:18 AM

Lol.

[quote]I continued washing dishes, angry tears springing up in the corners of my eyes, and I willed them to retreat. I breathed slowly, blinked gently, and pushed them back out of sheer force. I would not cry. I would not sniffle. I would not dare let her see the way her words hurt me. It was only after she left the room that I took a gasping breath and stabilized myself against the edge of the sink.

DRAMA! Also it's written like she's a first year creative writing student. A bad one.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2018 3:27 AM

Did somebody say "Morgellon's?"

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2018 3:27 AM

I became curious as to what she has, and after following a few links, found that she has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Seems like an actual disorder of the connective tissue.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2018 3:29 AM

Why the fuck doesn't she say what she has in the fucking article? She's probably like, "OH, I shouldn't HAVE to say what I have!@$#$" but bitch, come on.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2018 3:30 AM

I wondered what Katherine had gotten up to after stealing the election for W.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2018 3:32 AM

Morgellon's is the silent, invisible disability that dare not speak its name. I'm incredibly harmed by all the hate that has already flowed out of these lines from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2018 3:36 AM

Obviously, she should have said "because I don't feel [italic]well[/italic] ."

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2018 3:45 AM

R7, Morgellon's is a disability we must all adapt to as a team. You do you at home, Hon.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2018 3:47 AM

Thank you for validating my self-imposed regime of self-compassion, r9

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2018 3:59 AM

I thought Morgellon's was *not* invisible, what with the filaments and all.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2018 5:33 PM

r4 Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is the illness du jour of malingerers and somatic types. Hard to diagnose with any objective criteria. Lots of the Tumblr "differently-abled" fraus "have" it

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2018 5:39 PM

LOL, sorry about your spoons. You're a warrior!

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2018 5:46 PM

How does she know the questioner doesn’t also have an invisible disability?

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2018 8:37 PM

R14 that's a very good point. I expect she's spending today trembling in rage at some of the Internet comments, but as soon as she's done breathing deeply and trying to stifle the tears, she will write a follow-up article about the many offenses she's endured.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 8:40 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2018 4:04 AM

I bet she's fun at parties. That is, if she feels well enough to attend.

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2018 4:07 AM

My brother has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Its fucking horrible. He's been in hospital twice this month for injuries.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2018 4:19 AM

She’s a mug cradled, per the picture illustrating an old article of hers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2018 4:20 AM

^ * CradleR

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2018 4:20 AM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2018 4:44 AM

[quote]Katherine obtained her B.A. in Anthropology in 2012 and her M.S. in Health Education and Behavior in 2015, both from the University of Florida. In addition to being an EDS zebra (which is kind of a full-time job itself some days), she works in social services and as a freelance writer. She shares an interfaith home with her wonderful girlfriend and their menagerie, and in spite of the chronically ill struggle, life is pretty darn rad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2018 4:54 AM

Wasn't this a Golden Girls episode?

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2018 5:01 AM

Dorothy had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2018 5:57 AM

I feel kind of bad about taking the piss out of her after reading about the illness. Genetics is so fucked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2018 2:25 PM

Do we know she actually has it? Didn't someone say it's very hard to diagnose?

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2018 12:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!