Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did you eat well today?

I've been eating to many burgers and fries. So today I made eggplant parmesan melts with caesar salad for lunch. The eggplant was baked not fried. Dinner was grilled teriyaki salmon with steamed broccoli and rice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 9, 2018 4:10 AM

OP, moving forward, could you please combine and consolidate your food threads? They're annoying but you do have a minimal right to post them. Please try not to over do it though.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2018 1:19 AM

I second R1, consolidate or fuck off OP.

To answer your question, I've had two cups of coffee and a piece of cinnamon toast. I'll eat some lovely things when we're out this evening.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2018 1:22 AM

Fuck Caesar salad!

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2018 1:23 AM

I had an egg with cheddar, bacon, and salsa on a homemade tortilla for breakfast.

Since I used my last tortilla at breakfast I made three dozen tortillas (50% whole wheat flour 50% white) and put most of them in the freezer

For lunch I made a small pizza with one ounce of whole milk mozzarella, 6 black olives, three mushrooms, and four slices of pepperoni (I have this pretty much every day - I take 100g of dough out of the fridge while making breakfast and let it rise in a dutch oven until lunchtime)

After making the tortillas I started a batch of chili in the slow cooker and I had chili for dinner. The rest is stored in individual 2 cup containers in the fridge for dinner throughout the week.

For dessert I had four ounces of homemade vanilla yogurt that I made with half and half instead of milk. I put a tablespoon of Bonne Mamman Wild Blueberry preserves on top. Yogurt made with half and half is incredibly delicious, but very high in calories, so I incubate it in individual 4 ounce containers, and I am allowed to have a maximum of one in a day. If I snacked too much, or otherwise ate too much that day, then I don't get to have the yogurt.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2018 1:31 AM

R4, are you grossly overweight or training for an athletic event? That seems like a very strict regimen for a normal person.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2018 1:38 AM

R5 I am neither, but I am 48 and the metabolism isn't what it used to be. I'm shortish at five-eight so weight gain becomes obvious very quickly. I weigh 168, and have been holding steady there since May, but I lost 63 pounds from May 2017 to May 2018, and I mean to keep the weight off.

I have found that I have to be pretty regimented in order to stay thin, as I have a tendency to stress eat. Daily exercise is also required.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2018 2:10 AM

R6 = R4, BTW

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2018 2:11 AM

Thanks R2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2018 2:18 AM

I caved in and had pizza at the end of the day. At an old-school place in the Village. It was good!

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2018 2:24 AM

I had black iced coffee then in mid afternoon did a tapas bike crawl to 5 friends houses around town were 15 of us biked from house to house feasting on tapas and cocktails. Stop one: Tortilla Española and peppers Pádron with champagne cocktail. Stop two: garlic shrimp and Foie gras. Third stop: Andalusian Gazpacho w/szechuan buttons and boquerones on Pan Con Tomate w/ peach sangria (my contribution). Stop 4: Gâteau Breton w/home made Lavender ice cream. Stop 5 Sherry and cheese and naked swimming in the sea.

So yes. I ate pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2018 2:38 AM

2 soft boiled eggs, 1/4 cup ricotta cheese drizzled with honey on whole wheat crackers for breakfast/lunch, call it brunch if you must. It was around noon.

1 roasted chicken leg and one medium potato with it and a few pieces of carrot for dinner.

Trying to not only eat lower calorie and healthier but lower sodium as I found out I have moderate kidney disease.

It sucks if you're a person who loves to eat and feel really full, which I am. Not fat, fat but need to lose 15. But the kidney thing scares me more than being a little chubby.

Getting old sucks. I'm sure the heart and liver and pancreas and then the brain will soon start going too.

I already have arthritis, really bad in my shoulders and right knee and can hardly walk.

Sure hope there is something after we die. I miss my family something awful, especially my father. I wish I was a person who had total faith in that, even if it's false faith. It helps while you're alive.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2018 2:39 AM

Nope, today’s my cheat day.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2018 2:47 AM

[quote] 1/4 cup ricotta cheese drizzled with honey on whole wheat crackers for breakfast/lunch, call it brunch if you must.

No, R11, I call it vomit!

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2018 2:57 AM

I made a meatloaf and a baked potato with steamed garlic spinach.

It's actually the only meal I ate today, I was busy.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2018 3:35 AM

I had merguez and Turkish peppers and eggplant for breakfast. Wakame (seaweed) salad with razor thin sliced cold squid. Half a cantaloupe. Green Italian grapes. Tossed salad with French dressing. 2 glasses of Cremant. Barbecue potato chips. a scotch on the rocks.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 3:41 AM

I ate fine enough.

But I want R10's life.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2018 3:44 AM

100% whole wheat homemade fresh blueberry muffins, fresh blueberries...whole wheat box Mac n cheese..not usually so starchy

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2018 3:44 AM

I had a grilled cheese for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2018 3:49 AM

Went to my local farmer's market. So I had the best of summer for dinner. Heirloom tomatoes sliced, salted and peppered on organic white bread (Believe it or not Arnold makes a very good one now.) that had been smeared with mayo. Had an ear of the sweetest corn I'd ever tasted with just a little salt and butter. For protein the cheese guy at the market had pasture raised raw milk cheeses, so good! I had some of the ones I bought and strawberries and tiny champagne grapes that were the sweetest grapes ever. I had to force myself to stop eating them. I don't get to the market often so I figured today was my one and only best of summer food day.

Well, I do have leftovers for another couple of times but I'll bet they'll never taste as good as they did this first day.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2018 1:32 AM

Whopper with cheese meal for lunch. McDonald’s chicken sandwich meal for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2018 1:52 AM

R20 is lying but never mind, bring on the anti-fast food trolls.

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2018 1:57 AM

I had one meal: a tub of ice cream. I feel disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2018 2:05 AM

For Sunday yeah, I've eaten well. A one egg vegetable frittata.

Lunch, low fat turkey burger, no bread, and stuffed portobello mushroom

Dinner, grilled scallops, asperugus, small salad.

Snack, grilled green apple.

Truthfully, I feel like shit. I probably should have eaten more, but I want to hold onto my abs until the last day of summer.

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2018 2:06 AM

I had Chuy's makes Elvis green chile fried chicken

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2018 2:13 AM

Lol - R21 - it’s the truth. I decided today was going to be f**k it day and I was driving around all day so indulged my fast food craving. Thoroughly enjoyed it. We don’t all dine at the Black Bass Hotel on filet mignon.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2018 2:15 AM

Roast beef and provolone sliders with a mixed green salad with peppercorn dressing.

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2018 2:16 AM

Protein shake and coffee for breakfast

Sunflower seeds and pepitas for a snack

Spinach salad with a little bit of chicken breast and ginger dressing for lunch,

Some sort of bar for dinner (I bought a box of what I thought was the same kind of bar I found at 7-11 last week, but I was mistaken)

handful of grapes for a snack.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2018 2:21 AM

Kind of a crappy food day: two fried eggs with toast for brunch, chips w/queso at the movies, and a frozen yogurt bar this evening.

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2018 2:21 AM

Not a very good food day for me. Some Fage Greek yoghurt with Bonne Mamman preserves (Four Fruits Mix, not Wild Blueberry like R4), an apple, and right now, I'm just eating crackers with spreadable cheese.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2018 2:25 AM

My dog ate more than I did today, but I look fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2018 2:42 AM

Not a great food day for me: For breakfast I had grapes, then an ice cream sandwich about an hour after that.

For my (late) lunch I had a turkey club sandwich with fries and a malt made from vanilla frozen yogurt. Later I had a bag of Lays potato chips with a bottle of Diet Pepsi, then for a snack I had two oranges.

Will try to do better tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2018 4:53 AM

scraps from the trash

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2018 4:55 AM

31 replies in and it took you that long to put something in a thread like this r32? You're slipping......what do you have to say for yourself?

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2018 5:06 AM

So all DLers eat healthy, take great vacations and have a ton of money for retirement. This is why I avoid Facebook and Instagram - everyone is healthier, richer and more fabulous than me. Back to my chips.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2018 5:32 AM

I had grilled beefsteak tomatoes topped with roasted turkey deli slices, avocado, and some mangoes.

But I could finish most of it as I was still full from the tic tac I had for breakfast, so I tossed it in the trash, and then purged.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2018 5:45 AM

Yes, I was able to climb in the garbage dumpster at my apartment. I found some used bread, half eaten chicken legs, and some old milk. I guess I ate well thanks to my neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2018 5:54 AM

Is this your "melt," OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2018 7:03 AM

I didn't bread or fry the the eggplant. I tossed it with olive oil and oregano then baked it for about 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2018 7:13 AM

Was it soft, or still a little crunchy?

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2018 7:16 AM

It was soft.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2018 7:49 AM

That's good. I should try it.

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2018 7:55 AM

Looks great OP. I had one small demitasse of espresso for breakfast, and skipped lunch as I indulged in a much needed nap. For dinner I had two baked chicken thighs coated in herbs and panko (my version of Shake N' Bake), five bean salad, homegrown tomato slices, and a large bottle of Stella Artois. For dessert, I had four strawberries. I usually try to eat more.

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2018 8:15 AM

Made blueberry waffles using this mix from Krusteaz. This mix is excellent! I cut the blueberries in half before putting in the batter. That way they don’t explode all over the place when you put them in the waffle iron. They were really good! Served with real butter and real maple syrup of course. For dinner leftover salad and some shrimp pasta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2018 8:39 AM

Black coffee at breakfast, two pieces whole grain toast w.butter. lunch was a spaghetti grilled cheese sandwich and an heirloom tomato salad with sherry vinaigrette, and a Beck's beer. Dinner was lemon water and a fruit plate:. Cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2018 9:43 AM

Starting the day off with a protein bar and some nonfat Greek yogurt.

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2018 12:16 PM

R37 Omg that looks delicious.

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2018 3:33 PM

Ass washed down with a cum chaser.

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2018 3:34 PM

Since I’m off today I was thinking about making blueberry pancakes. But also adding lemon and ricotta cheese to the batter. It makes them very light and fluffy!

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2018 8:07 PM

Deviled eggs and coffee, half a peanut butter sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2018 8:23 PM

Lemon chicken with spaghetti

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2018 1:27 AM

Does anybody eat normal food? I don’t care if u r gay or not, but please....everyone needs a little decadence in their life. No one had pizza, or pasta, or a burger? Live a little girls.

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2018 4:10 AM

I just finished a mammoth size burger R51. It had been a long while since I made one. Grass fed organic beef on twelve grain bread. I used at least a half pound of beef, with raw onion, tomato, ketchup and mayo. Russian carrot salad on the side. I only had a small green salad with a hard cooked egg for lunch, so felt I deserved a big one. There are a few posters here who ate pasta and pizza, but some seem quite spartan here too.

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2018 4:48 AM

R51, I had pizza on Saturday. Good pizza. Ina would have liked it, it was so good, pizza. But I can't eat pizza every day.

Also, a burger on Wednesday that, while supposedly good, was far less than excellent. They overcooked it both times. I didn't send it back the second time.

And I had angel hair with marinara (homemade, not that jarred shit) twice in the past week. I cook only 4 oz. at a time.

Thank you for your plea for "normal."

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2018 5:01 AM

I've only had two bowls of Greek yoghurt today. And even though I'm hungry right now, I have a procedure scheduled tomorrow morning, so I'm not even allowed a sip of water for the rest of the night.

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2018 5:07 AM

Hope it goes well, r54.

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2018 5:12 AM

[quote]For lunch I made a small pizza with one ounce of whole milk mozzarella, 6 black olives, three mushrooms, and four slices of pepperoni

I cannot imagine having so little to do in my life that I could measure out ingredients like this every day. At minimum, if I absolutely had to have exactly six black olives slices on my pizza, I'd make multiple pizzas at once and refrigerate them until I needed to bake.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2018 5:16 AM

Sauteed calamari, salad with tomatoes and burrata, one bite each of a boudin tamale and some Mexican street corn (went out to eat with friends at a small-plates restaurant). All of it really tasty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2018 6:09 AM

I'm never hungry in summer, it's too fucking hot. If I could survive off cold lemon water and ice pops without losing what little muscle mass I have then I would.

I tried to get in some protein and fat with eggs and avocado for breakfast/lunch and a protein shake with raspberries for dinner. But mostly just lots of water and lots of ice fruit pops.

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2018 6:25 AM

what brand of protein shake do you guys use?

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2018 6:58 AM

Take it to a protein shake thread, r59.

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2018 7:00 AM

Tonight bbq ribs, 3 of them, from one of those take out buffets. Corn on the cob on the side. This bagel place, believe it or not, has the best hot food buffet. The ribs are always the most tender I've ever had including my homemade. Very little sauce but they sure do have the taste. They also make great roast chicken with potatoes and carrots. Their Italian stuff really sucks. I don't know how a place that makes some things so good makes other things so bad.

Their bagels are the best and so is their smoked salmon, melt in your mouth and not too salty.

by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2018 7:57 PM

My ribs turned out way bigger than I thought. I could only eat one and a couple of bites of the second one. I have enough left for at least one more meal. I wonder what kind of ribs are that big. I felt like Fred Flintstone. The corn was good, sweet, like it was just picked.

I think I'm just going to make and have cookie dough for dinner tomorrow. I'm tired of meat, fish, chicken, potatoes, salads and all dinner stuff. I still like a nice chicken cutlet either parm or with lemon and garlic and a little pasta but even that is wearing thin.

or maybe a plate of tater tots. I could go for some tots, no ketchup or anything, just some really crisp, almost burnt tots.

I think I have some kind of deficiency. I'm really turned off by more and more foods I used to like. It's like some days the only thing I want is diet Pepsi with lemon squeezed into it. Oh and watermelon. I could go for some watermelon. I have two steaks sitting in my freezer and I just can't bring myself to eat them. I feel guilty since they were expensive, at least for my budget. They're wrapped very well so I guess they'll keep.

by Anonymousreply 62August 22, 2018 2:12 AM

I know it's not good for you but I've always found it hard to resist drinking a lot of soda in the summer. When it's 95 degrees out, I just think there's nothing more refreshing than an ice-cold Pepsi.

by Anonymousreply 63August 22, 2018 5:09 AM

This thread must be full of frauen. Gay men don't eat all the carbs you bitches are listing.

by Anonymousreply 64August 23, 2018 2:53 PM

Oh, shut your fucking cunt, r64. Just shut it.

by Anonymousreply 65August 23, 2018 3:00 PM

Chicken parm and spaghetti. Raw cookie dough for dessert. I made it myself with pasteurized eggs so it's safe. I roll it into a log and then eat off a little each day like it was a banana.

by Anonymousreply 66August 24, 2018 2:13 AM

Taboulé for lunch. Green Thai chili with turkey for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 67August 24, 2018 2:16 AM

Black coffee, no breakfast. Cheese and bacon omelette with one slice of heavily buttered twelve grain toast. Small serving of arugula with lemon and olive oil on the side.

by Anonymousreply 68August 24, 2018 2:30 AM

One would not want to overindulge on arugula.

by Anonymousreply 69August 24, 2018 2:32 AM

You're quite right R69... especially when it is on its own. A bit goes a long way. If I had other greens, would have had a mélange. Watercress is peppery too, but I can enjoy tons of it... Arugula, not so much. (Lots of salt helps)

by Anonymousreply 70August 24, 2018 2:41 AM

My Blue Apron box arrived so I'm having basil fettuccine with sweet corn,tomatoes, and scallions. I have a Leinenkugel berry shandy to drink.

by Anonymousreply 71August 24, 2018 4:50 AM

Messy bms

by Anonymousreply 72August 24, 2018 9:32 AM

R71 can suck my big berry shandy

by Anonymousreply 73August 24, 2018 10:06 AM

Is a "shandy" like a "shondeh"?

by Anonymousreply 74August 24, 2018 10:07 AM

R74 Never heard of Rock Shandy, or citrus flavoured beers referred to as Shandy? Look it up, or try some.

by Anonymousreply 75August 24, 2018 10:09 AM

[quote]Rock Shandy

Sounds like a movie star Betty and Wilma would have creamed for.

by Anonymousreply 76August 24, 2018 10:10 AM

R71's morning routine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 24, 2018 10:30 AM

Usually these threads provide a PLEASANT experience, but R77 has to ruin it with catty comments, and now insults. Do you enjoy being a bully-queen? How does it make you feel? Do you actually have feelings? Tell us what you ate today... you're neither funny, nor original. It is the absolute height of bad manners to make fun of what someone eats for dinner. Quite nellie too might I add.

by Anonymousreply 78August 24, 2018 10:43 AM

You know R78, I have feelings, and I use organic products, but I get cool laser treatments in Lausanne. It’s what makes life interesting, finding the balance between cigarettes and tofu.

by Anonymousreply 79August 24, 2018 10:51 AM

Oysters and cocktail sauce, and then a baked, stuffed lobster and french fries. A baguette and a cheese course for my dessert, and red wine. I drink like crazy as the kids are babies. How else can one get through a day?

by Anonymousreply 80August 24, 2018 10:54 AM

R79 Why did you have to be so nasty to Shandy man? Maybe your nicostat is low.

by Anonymousreply 81August 24, 2018 10:58 AM

I couple people were just having a bit of fun with the silliness of the branding and boilerplate promotional aspect of his lexis. Obviously this touched a very raw nerve. I then posted Goop quotes to widen the snark into the meta. But they were obscure so a misfire. Any other questions?

by Anonymousreply 82August 24, 2018 11:03 AM

Let's have fewer queens and more food discussion please. I suspect the phytoestrogens in some posters' tofu dishes are ramping up the bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 83August 24, 2018 11:06 AM

No GOOP too, please.

by Anonymousreply 84August 24, 2018 11:29 AM

I ate crow.

by Anonymousreply 85August 24, 2018 11:33 AM

Bitchie-queenie cuntie from Englandie is hereie.

by Anonymousreply 86August 24, 2018 2:00 PM

All that cheese and carbs isn’t good for you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 87August 24, 2018 6:01 PM

R86 Funny how I defend someone here, and I'm called queenie cunt.... You bullies sure can dish it out, but you cannot take it. You speak like a twelve-year-old twat too BTW.

by Anonymousreply 88August 24, 2018 6:32 PM

Tonight I'm getting delivery from a local diner, Greek all the way, spinach pie, chicken Souvlaki and Greek salad. This place uses tons of salt in everything but is the only diner/restaurant who delivers in my neighborhood other than Chinese and Pizza places. Tomorrow I'll be bloated as a blimp. I'll have to eat nothing but watermelon.

by Anonymousreply 89August 24, 2018 6:56 PM

It sounds delicious R89.... Opa!

by Anonymousreply 90August 24, 2018 7:07 PM

R83 has an irrational fear of tofu.

I've settled into a pretty boring food routine. Breakfast through afternoon snack are the same everyday.

Breakfast: Smoothie made with coconut milk. blue berries, protein powder and flax seeds. Plus oatmeal made with steel cut oats on the side. A little stevia to sweeten the oatmeal.

Mid Morning: Half of a smoothie made with two applies, one avocado, two cups almond milk and two tables chia seeds.

Lunch: Bean salad usually adzuki beans, onions, red pepper tossed with a red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing) and steamed vegetables.

Mid Afternoon: other half of smoothie

Dinner tonight will be stir fry made with vegetables, tofu and quinoa. I also grind up a mixture of dried coconut, dried red peppers and garlic to add to the stir fry.

The tofu I use is locally made and just the right size for two meals. Half a block in the stir fry. Then I marinated the other half (cut in cubes) in lemon juice, water, apple cider vinegar and oregano. I'll put the marinated tofu in a salad for dinner tomorrow night. I like having a small microwaved sweet potato on the side.

R61 - chances are they make their own bagels and everything else comes prepared.

by Anonymousreply 91August 24, 2018 10:33 PM

No, lousy late summer cold. Just chicken soup that I used my last bit of strength to make and even at that, not my real from scratch chicken soup. I just took a box of organic chicken stock added in some carrots, celery, an onion and a couple of cloves of garlic. First I made some really thin egg noodles and then made the soup because I didn't have the strength to clean the pot twice. My taste buds are dead with my stuffed nose so I don't know if it tasted good or not. All I could taste was hot and salty. I added lots of salt because the only two things I can still taste are sweet and salt and the thought of something sweet made me feel like puking. I usually like Saltines with soup but my throat couldn't handle the scratchy crackers. I felt like I was choking. It was even hard to get the carrots down. I had to leave most of them over after I stood there chopping them up holding on to the kitchen counter so I woldn't fall.

Is it me or are summer colds worse than winter one?

by Anonymousreply 92August 26, 2018 1:44 AM

Too many cookies this week. I had a shrimp Caesar salad for dinner with lite dressing. No dessert.

by Anonymousreply 93August 26, 2018 1:45 AM

I indulged myself today, for breakfast I had warm goat cheese on a toasted bialy with a mug of dark coffee. Margarita pizza slice for lunch, dinner was 2 grilled fish tacos, messy but so good!

by Anonymousreply 94August 26, 2018 1:51 AM

Did you cradle your mug, r94?

by Anonymousreply 95August 26, 2018 1:55 AM

Triple cheeseburger 🍔 Biotches

by Anonymousreply 96August 26, 2018 1:56 AM

Protein shake with coffee as usual.

Egg white omelet with sun-dried tomatoes, a few handfuls of baby spinach, McCormick Italian grinder spices, and a little of the babybel cheese in the red wax.

A handful of Trader Joe's cat cookies for people

Chicken Tikka kebab with salad.

That's it.

by Anonymousreply 97August 26, 2018 3:19 AM

Chicken enchiladas and chips with queso - mm good

by Anonymousreply 98August 26, 2018 3:24 AM

Wine. Almonds. A burger and fries. Beer. Chips and hummus.

by Anonymousreply 99August 26, 2018 3:32 AM

A medium Chinese food container of gnocchi with tomato sauce from Drogheria Fine in Montreal. Blissful and only 5 bucks. Then some cookies from Butterblume.

by Anonymousreply 100August 26, 2018 5:25 AM

Maybe. I had something called Chicken Bruschetta (sauteed, not served on anything toast-like) and a baked potato for dinner. But too much bread.

Lunch was pesto w/cavatappi and green beans.

by Anonymousreply 101August 26, 2018 7:58 AM

Chips and guacamole, Chicken enhicladas and 3 margaritas. I love Mexican food.

by Anonymousreply 102August 26, 2018 3:50 PM

Tofu is not good for guys. It'll give you lady tits over time.

by Anonymousreply 103August 26, 2018 8:21 PM

Nah, I fucked up with junk food, all day. For sure at least a 3 pound gain tomorrow, especially since everything I had was a sodium fest.

by Anonymousreply 104August 27, 2018 3:39 AM

I am making a rooster gumbo from a rooster killed Saturday morning. Should be good.

by Anonymousreply 105August 27, 2018 8:22 AM

R100 isn't that the best? I love it and sometimes I go next door to Fairmont and get a warm bagel to go with it.

by Anonymousreply 106August 27, 2018 8:23 AM

This hot weather has prevented me from eating well, or almost eating anything TBH. I can relate to the Pepsi fan upthread. I have only been eating one meal a day, and have been losing my appetite. Yesterday I only ate an apple, and a small frozen cheese pizza. Today, I had Tabouleh for lunch, and a salad bar container for dinner; I could only finish half of it.

by Anonymousreply 107August 27, 2018 8:39 AM

chicken wrap with what was supposed to be roasted veggies on the side, but they tasted more like greasy fried. All I know is I just had to take an antacid. So no, I didn't eat well.

by Anonymousreply 108August 28, 2018 2:17 AM

I just now invented a recipe of fried fresh mussels with minced vegetables in Satay sauce, with chili pepper. I am waiting for it to cool. I have doubts. If I am not dead I will report back in a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 109September 1, 2018 10:12 AM

I got kicked out of the Boy Scouts for eating a Brownie.

by Anonymousreply 110September 1, 2018 11:04 PM

R103 ANY type of soy product will give you bitch tits over time.

It has to be either cooked or fermented: Soy Sauce; Miso; Natto; Mao Pa Tofu (Chinese sauteed tofu with pork in spicy sauce); Abura-Age (deep fried tofu used in cone sushi) Asians know what they're doing.

Westerners on the other hand, use tofu like cheese and put in salads or blend it into smoothies. Idiots!

Are you a lactator?

by Anonymousreply 111September 1, 2018 11:14 PM

Sure did. Banana and peanut butter pancakes, strawberries, martini, shrimp and avocado with lime, chili, cilantro and olive oil dressing, leftover turmeric and lemon chicken, chocolate truffles with raspberry popping candy - those were my reward for two hours of yard work pulling weeds.

by Anonymousreply 112September 1, 2018 11:18 PM

Greasy Chinese food. Payday candy bar for breakfast. No, not well at all. It tasted good though. That's the thing about heart attack food. It always tastes good.

by Anonymousreply 113September 2, 2018 2:13 AM

LOL, I see the last post was mine and today I had the leftovers of the same greasy Chinese food only no breakfast, candy or otherwise. If I don't get food poisoning for such old food it will have been a good meal, not a healthy meal, but a tasty one.

by Anonymousreply 114September 5, 2018 1:22 AM

Breakfast: blackberries and black coffee.

Lunch: a slice of toast with tuna salad of mayo and celery.

Dinner:I had a stir-fry with vegetables from my garden, celery, diced chicken breast on brown and white basmati rice.

And little chocolate donuts, breakfast of champions.

by Anonymousreply 115September 5, 2018 1:44 AM

snack: pistachios and Jarlsberg

by Anonymousreply 116September 5, 2018 2:19 AM

Tuna hero from a shitty sandwich shop. It was a pretty shitty hero too. I think just some soup for dinner. I have a dry cough that's making my ribs ache and keeps me up at night. Can't eat too much.

by Anonymousreply 117September 6, 2018 8:46 PM

Feel better, r117.

by Anonymousreply 118September 6, 2018 11:11 PM

Thank you R118. I do feel better but the cough is still hanging in there at night. I actually have been eating those Dots candies and they are a little soothing but they are sweet and kind of kill my appetite. I'll have some soup and throw some canned beans in for protein later. Again, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 119September 8, 2018 7:54 PM

I'm a vegan but just bought a George Foreman frill. It's great for grilling vegetables. Dinner tonight was grilled egg plant, grilled tomato and grilled tofu. Friends brought over salad, wine and dessert.

No evidence soy products cause any health problems for men. Although there is some speculation, only speculation, that the isoflavones in soy products may reduce the risk of prostate cancer.

by Anonymousreply 120September 9, 2018 1:55 AM

Eggplant is a nightshade and supposedly causes inflammation.

by Anonymousreply 121September 9, 2018 3:23 AM

Hi Op, what ceasar dressing do you use or make?

by Anonymousreply 122September 9, 2018 4:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!